Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_vote_lcapThe Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_voting_barThe Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_vote_lcapThe Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_voting_barThe Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) Empty
PostSubject: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Ellie had a science project to make. She had decided that she wanted to try making a model of the solar system, but she'd do it bigger and better than the last time she'd made one. She knew she chose this one a lot, but she really liked stuff to do with space. And she didn't have any good ideas on how to make a rocket, which was her second choice. So solar system it was, only she wanted to try and make it as detailed and impressive as she could.

She wondered if she might be able to even put moons on the planets so that it looked more realistic. She'd try, and she would definitely make it the best model she could. And she wanted to try and make it where it actually moved and stuff, like maybe it was solar powered, or battery powered. She could make a small motor for it, maybe. She wasn't yet sure exactly what she'd do, but she had written up a rough sketch of the design, and she had an idea of what sorts of parts she'd need.

Which was why she was sneaking out of the orphanage to go to the junkyard, to acquire the necessary parts. She'd even brought a handful of dog treats, just in case there was a dog lurking around. She'd heard a lot of stories on Tv about junkyards having really mean dogs guarding them, so she came prepared. And to help her feel more sneaky and stuff, she'd worn dark clothes and a black jacket with a hood pulled up to help keep her better hidden in the dark.

She'd never really done anything like this before, and she hoped no one caught her. She realized she could get in a lot of trouble if she got caught, so she was really careful not to make any noise as she climbed out of her window and hurried across the yard of the orphanage, keeping to the shadows as much as she could.

After having successfully escaped the orphanage after she was supposed to be asleep, the girl walked nervously down the street to the junkyard. She'd never been in there, and she was a little apprehensive, but she tried to be brave. She wanted to make a really good solar system, after all. She wasn't yet sure how she'd transport the stuff, but she assumed that she would think of something when she had found what she needed. She didn't have a wagon or anything or she would've brought it.

Now that she was in the junkyard, she felt even more nervous. What if there was a dog? Did she have enough treats? What if it ignored them and just attacked her instead? She shivered a little and looked around, scared, but she was already here so she might as well start looking for the stuff that she'd come for.

She took a deep breath and looked around, then dug out a slightly crumpled list from her pocket and she shone her flashlight it. She'd taped a piece of dark cloth over the lens of the flashlight to block out most of the light, so it would be dimmed and not be as likely to draw attention to her. She hoped it worked, because she really didn't want to get in trouble.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 11:35 pm

Dalek Ik was resting, alone, in the junkyard - a convenient hiding place for somebody resembling a giant metal saltshaker. He had been hiding at this particular site for about six months now; he generally didn't stay in any one place for more than a year as he had a tendency to get noticed after a while. Here, however, it was so far, so good.

Several scrapped car bodies were strewn about the site. Dalek Ik chose one in a back corner with a side door already hanging open, allowing him to levitate into the interior; there he sat, his casing hanging open to reveal the Dalek inside. (It gets hot inside all that metal, you know!).

Human technology fascinated Dalek Ik. Everything the Daleks produced was purely utilitarian, generally built either for the sake of procreating more Daleks or for destroying anything that was non-Dalek. This scrap car, however, came with a radio - a radio! - and a built-in CD player. Daleks had no sense or use for music whatsoever, and to be honest, the thrill somewhat eluded Dalek Ik as well. However, it was impossible to deny the fascinating intricacy of Earth music as a system to analyze.

A gentle draft blew in, tickling Dalek Ik's skin, when suddenly he heard a noise.

There wasn't anything exactly odd about somebody entering the junkyard, not even this late at night. Homeless people often wandered in, hoping for some thrown-out food, and dumpster divers were a common sight at night. It was still imperative for Dalek Ik to keep a lookout, however, in case a stranger passed by and noticed what must look to them like a space squid in a metal bin.

Dalek Ik closed his casing, and scanned the yard looking for signs of whoever had just entered.

He found them: a human figure, a girl, only about 10 or 11. This was unusual. The city had placed the junkyard in the industrial sector, a decent distance away from any residential zones, and there weren't any nearby schools or parks. No, whoever this young human was, she came here by her own design.

"E-le-vaaaaate..." he whispered, lifting himself out of his seat to exit the broken-down vehicle. Now was a time to hide in the darkest, junkiest corner of the junkyard.

If he could only have avoided banging his casing against the car door on the way out...

Last edited by Dalek Ik on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 12:02 am

Ellie ventured a bit further in, keeping a lookout for anything dangerous, like guard dogs. She was just about convinced that there wasn't anything here to be afraid of, when she heard a slight clanking noise. She gasped softly and spun around, eyes widening as she moved the dim beam of her light in that direction, but she didn't see anything really. She lowered the flashlight and stood very still for several long moments, listening hard and just trying to be quiet. Her heart pounded hard in her chest and she tried hard to take deep breaths to calm herself. The frightened girl slid her hand slowly into her pocket and wrapped her hand around one of the dog treats she'd brought along. If there was a dog, she wanted to be ready, just in case it was vicious or something.

After she'd listened for what felt like ages, she relaxed a little and let out a slow breath. She told herself it was probably just some stuff shifting as the air cooled off after the semi-hot day. Stuff did that, right? She was pretty sure. Either that, or maybe there was a bird or something that had moved from a spot and made that noise. Totally nothing to be scared of.. right? She bit her lip and glanced down at her list again, shining her beam onto the paper. In her mind, Ellie repeated the items on the list, trying to make sure she remembered so she wouldn't have to keep checking the list.

She walked a little ways further in, shining her light around and searching for anything that might work for a good base for the solar system model. Something flat, and sturdy, to hold the weight of it, and easy to transport. Something like that old discarded tea cart that was half buried in that pile of junk over there! She smiled to herself as she spotted it. That would work perfectly, especially if she reinforced it with some wooden boards and stuff. She set her flashlight on the ground so the beam was aimed at the pile, then stuffed her list in her jacket pocket before carefully moving aside a few things that were in the way. She used one hand to hold up some stuff, and the other to gently manuever the tea cart out from under the pile. Having freed it, she tried to ease the other stuff down into place without causing it to shift too badly and cause an avalanche.

Realizing that wasn't going to work, she continued holding the stuff up and looked around, grabbing a discarded lamp base to prop the stuff up with. She grabbed her flashlight and stood up, pulling the tea cart with her as she slowly backed away, watching to see if that was going to hold. Seeing that it seemed like it would, she gave a satisfied nod of approval and then turned to begin searching for the next thing she'd need. Then, just as soon as she turned, she heard a crash that made her wince. She hesitated, then slowly turned to see that the lamp had slipped out of place and a whole section of the pile had collapsed and avalanched after all. Ellie stood still and glanced around, checking to see if anyone was around who might have noticed.

After waiting a moment and seeing no one, she deemed it safe to move on. She grabbed her cart and dragged it along with her as she went to find more parts. Hopefully no more accidental avalanches would happen, and she would manage to find everything she needed without any trouble. Plus, she could use the tea cart to transport it all. The right wheel was a bit squeaky and stiff, making it pull to the right a little, but she could just sand the rust off and get a bit of oil to fix that squeak. Now, to find something to use for the part that would hold the planets and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 12:14 am

Dalek Ik analyzed the situation quickly through his single eyestalk. The girl seemed to be collecting scraps for a specific purpose, as she wasn't just picking at random. However, there was always the risk of a metal avalanche falling upon the girl - and at best, she was struggling with the rusted, grungy old cart that she had found just a moment ago.

On top of all that, it's not like a junkyard in the industrial sector at midnight was exactly the safest place for an 11-year-old human female.

Do I show myself first and then speak, or do I speak first and then show myself? Dalek Ik pondered.

Analyzing the situation some more, Dalek Ik cross-referenced the girl's physical mannerisms with multiple databases on human behavior. Taking into account the time and setting, Dalek Ik was able to identify the girl's state of mind as one of caution and fear, perhaps even terror.

I shall speak first.

"I - apologize - for bothering you - in this manner," Dalek Ik called out, hidden behind a pile of scrap metal. "Do - you - require - some assistance?"

Last edited by Dalek Ik on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 12:41 am

Ellie was very startled by a voice speaking out from seemingly nowhere. She gasped sharply and spun around, looking quickly around the general location of where the voice seemed to have come from. She didn't know who it was, or where they were hiding. She shone her light around, trying to locate the speaker. She swallowed nervously, hoping she wasn't in trouble.

Was it the cops? Or the owner of the junk yard, maybe? Why did they ask if she needed assistance? She backed away a little, nervous. Should she run? She could run now and probably get back to the orphanage before the person even saw her well enough to recognize her. She wasn't even sure if she should take the cart with her, if she did run. It would slow her down, and it would also be squeaky and stuff, so it would give her away. She decided if she ran that she would leave the cart, and maybe she'd get a chance to come back later to get it.

But the bigger question right now was, should she run? Or should she stay here and wait to see who it was and what they wanted? What if it was a bad guy? She widened her eyes a little at the thought. What if she got kidnapped? She didn't want that. But then, what if it was just someone genuinely offering to help? If she ran away in fear, she might be running away for nothing. That would be cowardly, and she didn't want to be a coward. Her dad was brave, and her mom was too. She wanted to be like them.

"Who.. who's there?" She called out timidly, trying not to sound scared. She gripped her flashlight tightly in one hand, and glanced around, grabbing a metal pipe off the ground. Maybe she could use it for a weapon? She glanced around behind her too, just in case someone tried to sneak up behind her. Not seeing anyone, she looked back in front of her.

It crossed her mind that if this was Matt or Jacob pulling some mean trick on her, she would really not be happy. That thought made her think about how she must appear, and she didn't want to look like she was scared. They'd never stop making fun of her if they saw her this scared. So she did her best to look not scared and to instead look brave and like she could take on a hundred muggers or something. She tried to convince herself she was tough and not scared, and that she could totally fight off any bad guy who tried to attack her.

The young girl was totally NOT scared while standing in the middle of a junk yard, in the middle of the night, with an unidentified person who could be friend or foe. She took a deep breath to ready herself for possible battle, flight, or whatever might happen.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 12:59 am

"I can understand your fear. I am a Daaalek," Dalek Ik continued. "That is not very re-as-sur-ing in the slightest! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"

Dalek Ik rolled out from behind the pile of scrap metal, into the open where it would be easier to be seen. "I - do not blame you - for run-ning, child. I am a Dalek. I am contemptible. Do what is necessary to secure your own survival."

Dalek Ik realized that he was far from the only reason for the girl's terror - how many people expect to meet a Dalek out in the middle of the night? How many people even know what a Dalek is? Whatever she was afraid of, it was probably for good reason, and it was not clear if she had any other defense besides Dalek Ik himself. This encounter, Dalek Ik realized, had become a matter of whether and how to win the girl's trust enough to let him help her.

At that point, Dalek Ik noticed that the girl was holding a metal pipe. This was a good sign - it showed that she was more likely to stand her ground at first than to run off right away. If she were to run, alone, into the cold night, there's no telling what could happen. It was no matter, though; she clearly had plenty of courage, and likely only needed some sign of benevolent intent.

"Your wheel is rus-ted!" Dalek Ik noted, approaching the cart. Granted, that also meant approaching the girl, who was still exuding a deep apprehension towards the entire encounter, and Dalek Ik realized it was a gamble to fire a laser at her cart given the situation. He did so anyway, calibrating his laser to Mechanic Mode so as to lubricate and remove rust.

With four shots, one at each wheel, Dalek Ik turned back around and backed away from the girl and the cart. "Your cart shall squeal no more! No more!" he said, rolling away.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:26 am

Ellie backed away a little more, a little scared as the voice continued. It said something about it being doll-lick or some other name she'd never heard before. In fact the more it spoke the more confused she got. She also felt slightly more nervous as a result. It said it wouldn't blame her for running, and something about securing her own survival. That couldn't be good. Was it dangerous? Would it kill her? She gripped the iron bar tighter and looked around, scared but trying her best not to look scared. Her mom used to say that stuff she might be scared of was probably more scared of her than she was scared of it. She didn't think this was the case here, but she tried to convince herself that she could maybe look intimidating with her.. weapon of sorts.

She heard a sound sort of like something rolling something on the ground. She looked that direction and then froze, her heart rate increasing in fear. Her eyes widened as her dim flashlight beam fell across it. She slowly moved the beam up to the upper area where there was a sort of stick thing poking out with a blue light on the end. For a lack of better word she guessed that was the 'head' area of the thing. She backed further away, abandoning any attempt to look tough and unscared. This was one of those thingies that had been responsible for her mom dying! She didn't know what it was, but she knew it was one of those things. It was either those robot guys or these things that had killed her, and Ellie also remembered that it had a lasery thing that it killed people with.

Speaking of which.. the scary thing that was like the things that killed her mom suddenly shot one of those lasers out at her, followed by three more shots. Or at least she thought it was shooting at her. Ellie shrieked a little in terror, thinking she was about to get killed. The frightened girl retreated hastily, backing away as fast as she could until she stumbled over something lying across her path, and fell backward into a pile of junk that was behind her. She dropped her flashlight when she fell, too. Having nothing else to hold onto, she gripped the iron bar in both hands and stared fearfully at the thing that had just shot 'at her' as she believed, not realizing it was only shooting at the wheels of her cart.
"Please.. don't kill me.." She pleaded, trying to back further away despite sitting in a junkpile, one foot slightly tangled in some wire that had been deposited there.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 4:09 am

As Dalek Ik rolled away, he could hear the girl behind him plead for her life. Many a Dalek had seen a similar site dozens, perhaps hundreds of times: the moment of the kill was the moment a Dalek was born for. Dalek Ik, however, was no ordinary Dalek, and had risked his life for betraying the Dalek empire. He'd been imprisoned, he'd wondered time and space on his own, and he had even interceded on behalf of the occasional underdog in his travels.

Hearing this girl beg for mercy reminded Dalek Ik that no matter his intent, he was still a Dalek, and he would always be a Dalek. No matter what, he would always fill those around him with fear, just like a murderous Dalek, and he would always fill himself with disgust at his foul, murderous Dalek-ness.

"I - am - run-ning - a-way -" he called out as he continued to roll away from the girl. "I - am - run-ning - a-way..."

Once he had built up a good distance between himself and the scared girl, Dalek Ik called out one more time: "Do not forget the tea cart! Do not for-get!" Hopefully the girl would have the courage to go back to her cart; if so, she would notice that the wheels were no longer rusted, that it would be easy to push, and hopefully some good might come out of the encounter.

Dalek Ik hid himself once more behind a pile of garbage.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 10:10 am

Ellie was now confused. As she sat unmoving on the pile of junk, she watched the dalek move away, announcing that it was running away. She was puzzled by this. She sat still for a long time, letting her panicked breathing slow to normal again. She thought over this, trying to make sense of it. Maybe she was mistaken about these thing's nature? She'd thought they were mean and scary and killed people. Maybe she was wrong. After all, when her mom died those things had been busy fighting those robot things, so maybe it was really truly an accident that her mom had died in the cross fire.

She quietly wiped away a stray tear and began to work on detangling her foot from that bit of wire. Maybe these things were like people. She knew not all people were the same. Some people were nice and friendly, and some were mean and scary. Some people went off to war, while others stayed home and didn't want to get involved in fighting. It occured to the girl that whatever these things were, maybe they had a culture just like humans. She'd seen their warriors before, when her mom died. Maybe this one was just an individual who was nice. But it did shoot at her.. although, come to think about it, she recalled it actually shot at the wheels on her cart, not her.

Slowly, Ellie stood up and hesitated. She slowly picked up her flashlight from where she'd dropped it before cautiously approaching the cart. She looked over to where the dalek had gone, then looked at the cart. She'd expected the wheels to be blasted away by the laser thingy, but to her surprise, the wheels were fine. They were in excellent condition, rust-free even. She widened her eyes a little and looked back toward the dalek. It wasn't trying to kill her, it was only trying to help. She felt rather silly now, and hoped she hadn't hurt its feelings. She bit her lip and fidgeted, then took a deep breath and instructed herself to stay calm.

The girl cautiously approached the dalek, shining her dim light onto its casing. It looked so much like the ones that had been flying around in the air the day her mom died. She tried to tell herself not to judge this one by that. It couldn't be his fault that stuff had happened. She stepped a little closer before she stopped, just a couple of yards away. She tried to think of what to say, but nothing she thought of seemed like enough to apologize. Finally she decided it was best just to say exactly what she meant, simple and everything.

"Th-thanks." She said quietly. She hesitated. "I'm.. sorry. I just.. your laser thingy scared me." She fidgeted, a little embarrassed and hoped it's feelings weren't hurt by her actions. She looked down, thinking maybe it might help to explain. "I.. um, I saw some thingies just like you, once before, when I was a lot younger. They were shooting everything and fighting these robot things and flying around in the air and everything.. that was how my mom died." She said quietly, her voice filled with sadness. She looked up slightly. "I thought you were shooting at me."
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:17 pm

"We are how many people died," Dalek Ik responded. "I am a Daaalek. We feel only hatred, and we are built for only one thing: ex-ter-min-aaaaa-tion!"

Sensing that this was not the most constructive thing to be saying to the girl right now, Dalek Ik recalibrated his speech system for conversational volume. (The system had been on loudspeaker system previously). "I was not - shooting - at you - I wanted to - present you with this sign of - non-ag-gres-sion!"

Dalek Ik turned away from the girl once more and proceeded to roll away. "You are not safe here! You are accident-prone and liable to death by an avalanche of debris! State your name and purpose unless you do not want to! I do not intend to pry into your personal details and I respect your prerogative not to tell me anything you do not want to!"

Dalek Ik was taken aback by how little the girl really knew about the Daleks. It was as if she thought Daleks were like humans: some good, some bad. How naïve of her not to realize that all Daleks were evil, that all Daleks were designed to be murder machines.

Of course, Dalek Ik had not taken into account the fact that he was already near the edge of the landfill. He hit the wall face-first. The force of the impact, coupled with the forward-directed force from the bottom of his casing, caused Dalek Ik to land flat on his casing's back.

"I have fallen! Leave me behind! You are not obligated to tend to my problems - I am sorry - very sorry..." the fallen Dalek groaned.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Ellie frowned a little as she listened to the Dalek. She stepped back a little when it got loud, but then it went quieter again and she listened curiously. How was shooting supposed to be an act of non-aggression? She glanced at the cart and remembered the wheels. Well, there was that. But initially, it was rather startling. She watched it start moving away again and frowned a little. She began to follow it, curious. She couldn't help feeling a little amused. It demanded that she state her name and purpose, then said she didn't have to because it didn't want to pry if she didn't want to tell it.

She hesitated, unsure if she wanted to tell her name. Kids at school liked to make fun of her for it. But she didn't think the Dalek would. "My name is Electra Alice Storms. But most people call me Ellie." She answered. "And I am not accident prone!" She protested, frowning. She glanced around. "I came to get stuff to built my science project. I'm going to make a really awesome model of the solar system, but I need parts. The cart is going to be the base for it." She explained.

Then the dalek crashed into the wall, and Ellie cringed a little. She frowned as the thing fell onto its.. what she thought was its back. It told her she should leave it and wasn't obligated to help. But she thought she should try to help, somehow.
"I could try to help you.. but I don't know how. It looks like you're made of metal, and.. it looks too heavy for me." She frowned, glancing around thoughtfully. "How could I help you get righted?"
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:59 pm

"You cannot help me get righted - there is no righting me - it is too late for me and my time has come! I had this coming! I deserve this!" Dalek Ik cried out. "There is just one more thing, human - I am not made of metal! I am cased in metal!"

After giving himself a moment to calm down, Dalek Ik set himself into elevation mode. Given that he was lying on the ground, that meant pushing himself along the ground perpendicular to the wall. He used his steering device to move upward until he was finally totally upright in the air.

"Eh-lee...Eh-lee..." Dalek Ik called out, levitating about two meters above the ground. "El-lie...what parts do you need...I am a Daaalek! I demand orders! I shall obey! Obey! I shall obey!"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Ellie looked a little confused as she listened to the dalek.
"What do you mean you had this coming? It's never too late for anyone." She frowned, wondering what he meant by saying he deserved this. She watched him for a moment, wondering about something he'd said earlier. "I'm confused. If you're all made for extermination.. and you only have hatred, how come you seem so nice?"

She then looked curious about the metal thing. "Cased in metal? Oh.." She guessed that made a bit more sense. It was a living thing, after all, or at least she supposed it must be. So it made sense that it was something living inside the metal case thingy. She thought for a moment. "What's your name?" She asked curiously. Everyone must have a name, right? She was curious what this dalek's name was.

She watched it elevate up the wall and get righted. That was really cool. She couldn't help being impressed.
"Wow, that's so cool, how'd you do that?" She tilted her head, considering. "You demand orders?" She asked, a little confused. "What kind of orders?" She pulled out her list. "Can you read? Cause I have a list, but I can read it out to you if you can't read." She said. It'd be a little harder for her, because it was dark out and she'd have to use her flashlight. And she suddenly realized that the battery was dying. She frowned a little at the flashlight. Soon she wouldn't have any more light, which would make it difficult to see what she was doing.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 10:33 pm

"I wish to a-po-lo-giiiiize for ignoring your inquiries," Dalek Ik told Ellie.

"I am not nice, I am not nice at aaaaaaall! A Daaaalek only knows hatred, and I am no different! While Daleks hate everything that is not a Daaaalek, I only hate one thing: everything that is a Dalek.

"My name is Dalek Ik, and of course I can reeeeead! I am a Dalek! I have downloaded the internets of multiple galaxies, and am capable of communicating in all lan-gua-ges."

Dalek Ik landed back on the ground, rolling back towards Ellie. "Tell me what parts you need - unless you do not want to - and I will get them for you, unless you do not want me to. I do not intend to impose upon you in any man-ner."

As Ellie's flashlight began to flicker out, Dalek Ik projected an intense beam of light from his eyestalk - making sure that he first rotated the dome of his casing off to the side so as not to hit Ellie or her eyes with the light.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Ellie was a little confused about Dalek Ik saying he hated everything dalek. That didn't make any sense, that was like a human saying they hated all humans.
"But.. why?" She asked curiously. It must be horrible to hate everything all the time. "There's other stuff too, like love. Why would you dalek people want to hate everyone?" She frowned. "That can't be healthy." She commented. "Didn't your parents love you?" She asked hesitantly.

She hoped she hadn't offended Ik by asking if he could read.
"Oh, sorry. Well.. I wasn't sure, cause, you know, you're not like.. human, so I wasn't sure if you could read the human's language." She said, fidgeting a little. Then she looked curious. "Wait, multiple galaxies?" She asked. "What other galaxies? I mean.. I know a few. Like, the Milky Way. That's where Earth and everything is.. and there's the Andromeda Galaxy, and I think there's one called the Helix galaxy.. I can't really remember any more, but my daddy told me all about the galaxies and stars and stuff."

She realized she'd sort of started rambling off subject, and was reminded of the list when Ik asked what stuff she needed.
"Oh, well I have a list." She said. She blinked at the bright light, and took a moment to let her eyes adjust before going nearer. She hoped the bright light wouldn't draw anyone's attention. That was why she'd put a cloth over her flashlight, to dim the beam so not to draw unwanted attention. She held her list up where the Dalek could see it.. at least she hoped she had it in the right place.

"That's the stuff I need. I'll have to get stuff to make the planets from somewhere else. Maybe I'll use clay, I haven't decided yet. And I'm still trying to decide if it would be better to make it solar powered or electric powered, or just battery powered." She explained.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:40 pm

"Daleks do not have parents! Daleks do not have families! We are genetically engineered to be warriors, the supreme beings of the universe as we foolishly delude ourselves into thinking!

"This is the way that I, too, was created, but I was an error, a mistake, a genetic mu-ta-tion. I have no - desiiiire - for do-mi-na-tion...I only wish to see everything Dalek removed from ex-is-tence!"

Dalek Ik could tell that he had put her off somewhat by explaining his literacy capabilities. "You - did not - of-fend me! I - do not get - of-fen-ded! Yes, you are cor-rect - I know every language of all those galaxies and more. Show me the list of all you require!"

In the light, Dalek Ik could easily read everything on Ellie's list. He only needed a second to scan its entire contents, after which he shut off the light coming from his eyestalk. "E-le-vaaaaaate" he said to himself, beginning to levitate once more.

Dalek Ik mentally checked off items from Ellie's list as he found them all instantly by scanning the piles of junk left out in the yard. He picked the ones from the tops of the piles first, approaching each item one-by-one, picking each item up with his suction device before floating back to the ground to deposit the item in a pile for Ellie. After several minutes of rotating and levitating back and forth around the junkyard, Dalek Ik had completed his task.

"I have collected all that you re-qui-re, El-lie...El-liiiiie..." said Dalek Ik. "How many planets are you hoping to create? How many then are you hoping to destroy?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:59 pm

Ellie was very surprised to hear that Daleks didn't have parents. She widened her eyes a little and tried to understand the explanation of how it was created.
"That's... kind of weird." She said slowly, a little puzzled how they could just create something living, without it having parents. "Doesn't sound like much of a life, really. Just.. being a warrior? Meant to hate and kill everything.. how terrible." She frowned. "Sounds an awful lot like bullies, if you ask me. There's these two boys at school, they like to bully me. They're very mean, and I don't know why they like to be mean to me. I never did anything to them. They just think it's fun, I guess."

Realizing she was rambling a bit, she tried to get back on topic.
"My mom always used to say that no one's really a mistake." She said. "That everything happens for a reason, and everyone's born.. or in your case created? for a purpose." She hoped to make cheek Ik up, but she wasn't sure if it would work.

The girl watched the dalek go back up in the air, and looked on in amazement. She wondered how he could levitate like that. She thought it was really cool, and then she wondered where Ik came from. She watched curiously while the dalek searched the junk yard and gathered the items one by one. She smiled as the things her list began to be crossed off quickly, thanks to Ik. As each item was brought to her, she put it on the growing pile of stuff on her cart, and kept smiling bigger. Before too long, she had everything.
"Thanks!" She said happily. Ik had definitely saved her a lot of work. Now she didn't have to climb all over the junk piles and search for probably hours, trying to find all the stuff she needed.

Ik's question, however, made her giggle.
"I'm not going to destroy any of them!" She said, slightly amused. "Why would I?" She used a bit of rope to tie all the stuff down onto the cart. "Well, there's nine planets in the Milky Way galaxy.. well, technically eight, apparently.." She frowned. "Really there's nine, but those silly astronomer people are trying to take Pluto's planetary status away from it. But it IS a planet, just a really small one. It used to be known as the smallest planet in the solar system, but then they started saying it's not a real planet, it's just a dwarf planet.. which is still a planet right? But they're just being meanies." She said, stubborn about the Pluto thing.

"My dad told me all about the nine planets." She continued. "I guess there's other planets out there, but I don't know anything about them, and they aren't in the Milky Way. So I guess I'll just put nine planets, and I thought maybe I could try and put their moons on with them, to make it a bit more realistic. Maybe I could even work it somehow so the moons go around its planet, like in real life.. and I was thinking I could use a big light bulb for the sun." She paused, hoping she hadn't been talking too much. She smiled slightly at Ik. "Thanks for your help." She said a little shyly.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:13 am

Dalek Ik listened intently to Ellie's responses. She likened his species to a couple boys who were bullying her, at which point Dalek Ik pointed out: "Daleks are bullies. We are the dar-kest and most hate-filled things in the u-ni-verse..."

Ellie was trying to cheer up Dalek Ik, which was a mistake. "Mis-takes hap-pen! I am a mis-take! Mis-take! It is my species that is re-spon-si-ble for the death of your fa-mi-ly...you should kill me on sight!"

The Dalek dropped 8 globes from his casing. "These are a part of my self-destruct mechanism. They have been deactivated by my captors, and you are welcome to borrow them for your project. They are variable sized Dalekanium blocks."

Dalek Ik took a moment to survey the collection of scrap parts that Ellie would have to take back with her. "Where - are you - taking these, El-lie? The - hour - is getting late - and you are - so - aloooone..."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:58 am

Ellie flinched slightly as Ik mentioned her family being killed. It wasn't her family, just her mom. Despite her having been the one to tell Ik about it, she still felt saddened hearing it mentioned again.
"It was just my mom that was killed.. and it might've been the robot things.." She added quietly, shrugging slightly and trying to pretend like it didn't bother her to talk about it. "My dad.. he's still out there somewhere.. some day he'll come back from space and find me again." She said, stubbornly keeping optimistic on that account.

Then Ik seemed to lose some of the ball things from the casing, only she realized he did it on purpose, and offered to let her borrow them. Ellie was surprised, and for a moment she didn't know what to say. She wasn't sure if she ought to accept that. It seemed like a lot, and she was also curious and surprised to hear that it was something about a self destruct thing but had been deactivated by some captors.
"Captors? Who captured you?" She asked curiously. "And why?"

Then, about the offer to borrow the metal ball things, she decided she probably better not. Despite him saying he didn't get offended, she still hoped she wouldn't offend the Dalek by turning the offer down.
"Thanks for the offer, but I probably shouldn't. I need the planets to be different sizes, and plus I was going to paint them to make them look like the real planets. Wouldn't want to do that to something I borrowed from someone else." She explained as politely as she could. "I really do appreciate the offer though." She smiled a little, then hesitated, hearing Ik's question.

She looked over at the cart full of stuff, then back at Ik.
"Well.. I live in the orphanage. It's not too terribly far from here. I'll be ok." She said, shrugging. Then she realized she wasn't quite sure where she'd keep all the stuff. She frowned, wondering where she could store it until she had a chance to start building her model. "Maybe I could hide it in the shed." She wondered if that would work, but couldn't help feeling a bit concerned about that. If someone found the stuff, and didn't know that it was for a specific purpose, they might just throw it out, and then she'd have to find it and gather it up again. That might be inconvenient. So what else could she do?
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Dalek Ik listened to Ellie explain the situation with her parents. She wasn't even sure if it had been the Daleks or the Cybermen who had killed her mother, but it was no matter - the two species were practically interchangeable as far as Dalek Ik was concerned. Like her mother, her father was most likely dead, but Dalek Ik thought it best to keep that assumption to himself. "I - am - sorry - about your mother - and I hope you understand why the Dalek shall be eliminated from all time and space!"

Dalek Ik listened to Ellie explaining that she lives in an orphanage. "I have never - understood - the concept of an or-pha-nage. Why do hu-maaaaans need se-pa-rate housing for those without their pro-ge-ni-tors?"

As Ellie looked back at the cart, Dalek Ik grew concerned about the girl carrying the haul and storing it at an orphanage. In Dalek Ik's mind, he initially pictured dozens of young humans stuffed together in a single room, sardine style, until he cross-referenced an internal database to get a better idea of actual living conditions in such facilities.

"Do you require assistance in transporting your materials and guarding them at headquarters?" Dalek Ik asked. "Should that be the case, I possess the capability to as-sist in your endeavor in whatever manner you re-quire. Give me the order! I shall obey!"

To underscore his point, Dalek Ik hovered towards Ellie's stockpile, tilting himself such that his casing was facing the ground below while applying his suction device to the top of the pile. He applied a magnetic ray, causing any metal materials to rise up along with the scraps he had attached himself to as he elevated away from the cart (which he had to leave behind).

"Is this ac-cep-ta-ble in your sight? If not, I shall cease immediately! I do not intend to impugn your efficacy as an in-di-vi-du-al!"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Ellie considered about the orphanage thing, trying to think of how to reply. She didn't like the orphanage, but she sort of understood the purpose for it. She just wasn't sure exactly how to explain it to Ik.
"Well.. I guess cause there's nowhere else for us to live. I mean.. some kids get adopted, then they go live with the family that adopted them. But, for the ones who don't get adopted.. like me.. we haven't got anywhere else to live." She explained. She fidgeted a little and looked down, a little sadly. "My dad'll come back someday though, then he'll find me and I'll go live with him again." She said, refusing to give up hope on that. Even though everyone said her dad must be dead and wasn't coming back, she refused to give up hope as long as there wasn't any evidence to prove otherwise.

She returned her thoughts to the present as Ik asked if she needed any help transporting the stuff.
"Um.. well, I dunno." She said, hesitating. "I guess I might.." She then watched as Ik went up in the air and pulled all the metal things up to like a magnet thing. "Wow! That's cool!" She exclaimed, surprised. "You can do lots of cool stuff." She said, impressed. "But.. maybe if I hide it all in with my stuff, they won't notice it.. though I'm not sure if I can find a hiding place for everything.. I can try though. I may not need anyone to guard the stuff. Thanks anyway though." She smiled. Partly, she was concerned that if people saw Ik, they might freak out and bad stuff might happen. She could imagine people freaking out and calling the police and having a big shoot out thing like they show on TV. She didn't want that to happen.

Then, another thought occurred to her.
"Oh.. wait a minute! Tomorrow's Saturday. I don't have school.. maybe I could leave this stuff here and come back tomorrow and start building it here!" She said, wondering why she hadn't thought of it before. She rather liked this new idea. It would be so much better than taking all this stuff to the orphanage, trying to hide it, hoping no one noticed it, and then get everything back out of the hiding places tomorrow to build the thing. "Could I just leave the stuff here and come back tomorrow?" She asked, smiling hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Ik
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 11:11 pm

Dalek Ik left the pile of scrap parts that he had assembled for Ellie. He rolled along the bumpy dirt surface until stopping just in front of the girl. "I have no ob-jec-tion to keeping watch over your sup-plies," he started, "but I must not be seen! Before dawn, I must leave! Everything was fine and will be again, but my presence is a threat to you!"

The Dalek didn't expect Ellie to understand. She didn't know what it was like to be an alien from another planet, stuck on Earth indefinitely, but maybe she could understand just how out of place he truly was here in this junkyard. "I have to show you something first, so you will understand," he told her.

A soft, high-pitched mechanical whine issued forth from Dalek Ik's casing - he was putting his machinery to use in a function that it was not used to fulfilling. A small, straight crack began to appear in the front of Dalek Ik, and then two parts of his casing began to stick out like doors opening outward. Slowly, slowly, the casing opened until a face became visible in the shadows.

It was an odd face, a startling face - a single eye on a creature that looked somewhat like a squid, with various stubby appendages sticking out. This was the creature that inhabited the metal casing. It was indeed quite useless and ungainly without the machine in which it lived.

"Now you will understand why I must keep hiding, El-lie," Dalek Ik told her. "You have seen me - what if others find out about me?"

Dalek Ik closed his casing back up (which was much faster than opening up - rather suspiciously so!), and he turned away to go. He navigated around various rocks, clumps of grass and the occasional hole in the ground, reaching all the way to the entry. "Good bye, El-lie," he announced from his casing as he left.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:45 am

Ellie looked up at Ik when he approached her. She wasn't sure what he meant when he said his presence was a threat to her. She hoped she hadn't made him upset or anything, though she wasn't sure how she might have done so. He said he wanted to show her something so she'd understand.
"Ok." She said, curious. What did he want to show her? She wondered if it was far away. She needed to get home pretty soon, but she figured she had a few minutes more. It wasn't like the people at the orphanage were going to notice that she was gone.

Then she frowned a little at the sound. Was something wrong? What was happening? She blinked, trying to see better in the darkness. Then she realized the metal case thing was opening like a door. She was surprised by this, and wasn't sure what the person inside might look like. Maybe it was like that little tiny alien guy inside the human sized person, on Men In Black? Then the door was open and she could see the guy inside.

She tilted her head and looked curiously at him.
"You only have one eye." She commented curiously. "Are all your people like that? Or did something happen to you and you lost one?" She hoped that wasn't rude. "Sorry.. I didn't mean that to be rude, I was just wondering, I've never seen anything with only one eye before.." She blushed a little. "Where do you come from? Is it very far away?" She asked. "How come you live in there? Do you live in there?" She wondered.

He started leaving and she frowned. Why was he leaving? Did she upset him with her questions?
"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to ask too many questions." She called after him. "You don't have to leave.." She frowned, sighing a little as she saw that he was gone now. "Sorry." She said quietly. No one ever wanted to be friends with her, so why should aliens be different than humans? She pulled her hood up and put her hands in her pockets as she walked home quietly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)   The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Midnight Encounter (Ellie and Ik)
Page 1 of 1