Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Meetings and DVD's I_vote_lcapMeetings and DVD's I_voting_barMeetings and DVD's I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Meetings and DVD's I_vote_lcapMeetings and DVD's I_voting_barMeetings and DVD's I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Meetings and DVD's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sally_Sparrow
Newb
Newb
Sally_Sparrow

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:48 pm

Sally Sparrow settled herself comfortably behind the counter, a couple of DVD cases in one hand and a mug of tea in the other. The paint on the walls was weathered and peeling off in some spots. No wonder the trickle of customers had slowed down, and the bell above the door had not rung for the past few hours. Sally held her mug close to her chest as she felt the steam rise from the mug and warm her face, She let out a peaceful sigh and let a small smirk escape onto her face. Nothing was better than a nice cuppa' tea on a brisk morning.

Sally watched all the business people heading to work walk right by the shop without even glancing in the window. Lately, business has been slow as Larry's friends have all stopped coming here because of their, disagreement. Besides working by herself she still had tons of films to comfort her. Not only films, but books which is a mans best friend {according to Sally}. She smiled to herself as she remembered how she had only ever owned 17 DVDs before the event. The Weeping Angels…The Doctor…Billy and Kathy.

Shaking her head slightly, she set the DVD cases down on the counter. She didn't want to dwell in the past. She had Jurassic Park or Star Wars. After a quick few moments of deliberation, she popped Star Wars into the DVD player and sat back. "Grraagh," Sally roared as she was trying to do her terrible impression of Chewbacca, she chuckled over how much of a dork she was. Leaning back in her chair Sally sipped her tea, quickly she spit the tea right back into her mug. Putting the mug back onto the counter Sally let her tongue hand out of her mouth to air it out "Hot," Sally grumbled before wiping her tongue with her hands like some kind of child. She jumped up and shuffled her way to the back of the store.

Once she was at the back of the store Sally nearly ended up stumbling backwards as she attempted to navigate through the messy room. "It's like a bomb hit back here," Sally claimed as she bent downwards to the miniature ice box next to the stack of old western DVD's. Grabbing a piece of ice she placed it into her mouth right on her tongue. As Sally stood up she gently kicked the ice box door shut and walked back out to the store. The floors creaked as she made her way over to her seat behind the counter.

Meetings and DVD's Tumblr_inline_mk9z2wV1Bn1qz4rgp
Back to top Go down
http://kayla-is-in-the-tardis.tumblr.com/
Candy/E.C.H.O.
Student
Student
Candy/E.C.H.O.

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Candalynne sighed sadly to herself, mumbling Gallifreyan curse words under her breath as she wandered down the street. She looked around, her mind playing tricks on her, as small Gallifreyan symbols began to swirl above and around her body, she groaned slightly at the sight of them because she knew she was the only one who could see them - this making her feel incredibly lonely.

Candalynne's eyes met onto a small shop which sold DVDs and other small items. She shrugged slightly before deciding to go inside. As she entered, her eyes immediately locked onto a woman behind the counter, whom Candalynne had not met before. She walked up to the counter and lowered her gothic hat even lower down her head, to shade her eyes, and she began to speak in Gallifreyan by accident.

"Oops sorry, wrong language." She scratched the back of her neck awkwardly. "Erm, what do you currently sell here?" She asked again, but in English this time.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:51 pm

This life was exceptionally boring.

It wasn't that being an ordinary child was unbearable. Not all the time. But how did adults expect anyone to grow in this kind of environment? They were treated like stock, the lot of them. Just waiting for some couple to come along and choose them. It was no fair, to the older kids. It wasn't like anyone wandered in looking for someone who'd already grown up. They want a baby - someone very young they can still make an impression on. Someone they can bring right into their home as if they were actually related by blood.

That was her excuse for running out, today. When she came back, whenever that would be, that would be her story. Not a very good one, but if they weren't going to treat her like a person in there, she wasn't going to lie down and take it. Besides, who honesty cared if she ran off, anyway?

Wandering down the street with her hands in her pockets, Robin read the shop signs as she passed by. There weren't many interesting ones. Mostly liquor stores and family shops. Not a whole lot of fun to be had around here, was there? Brushing a lock of red hair from her face, the young girl stopped in front of a building with a blue banner. "Sparrow and Nightinggale". At least whoever named it had a bit of taste. Plus, they had 'rare DVDs', so that aught to be somewhat entertaining. At the very least, she could spark some conversation and time how long it took for her to be thrown out.

Pushing on the door, she peeked inside before stepping into the room. She hadn't even bothered to see if anyone was around before she started speaking. Even she wasn't quite sure if it was directed at someone. "Not a bad place. Bit small. At least it isn't completely dull. Do you actually have anything rare in here?"
Back to top Go down
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student
Rassilon/Eric Tempore

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Eric was currently engaged, at least, he considered himself to be. By all accounts he was currently in a "fight for his life" that is to say, he was currently squatting behind a rusted out segment of spaceship hull being fired on by Raxacoricofallapatorians. These particular Raxacoricofallapatorians were part of a criminal branch of the infamous family Slitheen, he'd been on their trail for a few months now and he had "blown it" as the humans of 21st century Earth used to say. This harrowing tale of adventure is for another time and place, because, currently, at this moment in time Eric was being fired upon by angry members of a Slitheen smuggling cartel.

Eric recognised when he was outgunned, he hated running away, but he also hated dying, granted he'd never tried it but he knew it was permanent. Deciding it wasn't worth the risk he tried to input co-ordinates into the Vortex Manipulator strapped to his wrist as his attackers  advanced, still laying on their fire thick and fast. Eric felt slightly panicked, frantically trying to keep his hands steady, he could hear their lumbering footsteps; even over the sounds of heavy gunfire they were easily audible. Frustrated and almost out of time he ditched co-ordinates and simply activated the Manipulator's randomiser, a mode he had created through some software tweaks. Taking a deep breath he pressed the final button in the activation sequence. Blue static electricity surrounded him for a nano-second....and then he was gone.

The Vortex Manipulator deposited Eric on a quiet street, an ordinary 21st Century Earth shop directly to his left, it's sign reading "Sparrow & Nightingale" in somewhat faded letters. Eric felt relieved to see something so normal, a staple of this century's Earth. Figuring he might as well take a look around to take his mind off the angry Slitheen who had been trying to kill him a minute ago, and yet hundreds of years in the future. He walked up to the quaint little door of the place, slowly pushing it open he saw three women. One was a complete unknown, the second stood behind the counter so he guessed she worked at the place. The third was someone he recognised, though he wasn't sure if she recognised him. "Candalynne?" he asked tentatively.
Back to top Go down
Sally_Sparrow
Newb
Newb
Sally_Sparrow

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Sally continued to chew on the ice left in her mouth and stared at the T.V. screen. Hypnotized with the screen Sally aimlessly reached out for her mug and accidentally knocked it right off the counter. Sally jumped out of her seat “Bwollocks,” she spat out as she still had the chunk of ice in her mouth. She ran around the counter and onto her knees picking up the broken pieces of her mug and trying to dab at the tea splattered everywhere with her cardigan she had on. Slightly panicking, Sally ran behind the counter again, but before she could do anything else she heard a bell jingle. Snapping her head upwards she noticed a woman entering the store. “Just my luck, a customer comes in at the worst time,” Sally said to herself before taking her cardigan off and just having her long-sleeved purple shirt on. Suddenly remember Sally still had the ice in her mouth she ducked down and spit the ice into her hand and held it behind her back “Welcome to Sparrow and Nightingale, where you can get used books and DVD’s and other wibbly wobbly stuff,” Sally claimed.

Surprisingly, this woman wasn't one of Sally’s regulars. This woman had beautiful, and flaming red hair. Looking the woman up and down she noticed she was speaking some different language. Before Sally could say anything the woman went back to speaking English. Raising an eyebrow in confusion, Sally nodded her head “Well, we have quite a lot from some vintage books to the new and apparently ‘hip’ and classic movies,” As Sally said hip she raised her arms and did the air quotation marks. Sally quickly pushed the hair that was in her face behind her face and came around the counter to finally greet the woman. Sally stuck her hand out for a firm shake “The name is Sally, Sally Sparrow… And please don’t mind the mess behind me,” Sally explained and awaited the girl to say her name, once done Sally gestured to the puddle of tea behind her. “If you need anything or have questions just ask, the DVD’s are over on the right corner near the window and the books are just across,” Sally stated as she pointed over to the other side of the room.

Before Sally could even turn back to the counter, another woman walked into the room. “Welcome to Sparrow and Nightingale, where you can get antiquarian books and Rare DVD’s and other wibbly wobbly stuff!” Sally boasted once again, it gets old after awhile. Looking the woman up and down Sally noticed she also had red hair. Is red hair some kind of popular trend nowadays? Hearing the woman's words Sally agreed completely “It is quite small, but it’s what counts on the inside and these things are somewhat rare… Like some of the Beatrix Potter books!” Sally explained to the woman before quickly glided over to a large pile of books by the window. Lifting several books at a time and moving them Sally introduced herself “The name is Sally,” she stated before dropping the books in her hand and grabbing ‘The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin’ “It’s a tad bit of a children's book, but a classic,” Sally said before turning towards the girl. “Take a look at it if you want,” Sally asked before hand the book over to the girl. “I’m sorry, but I didn't quite catch your name!” Sally stated before awaiting to hear the girls name. “If you have any questions just holler,” Sally explained.

She then headed back to her counter and on her way she leaped  over the puddle which was now dripping into the basement through the crooks of the floorboard. “I really gotta clean that up,” Sally said, yet once again another customer walked into the store. At least this time it was a man, he seemed a bit too fancy to be here in this shop. “Welcome to Sparrow and Nightin- Nevermind,” Sally stopped herself and gave up with the silly saying and sat down at her chair. “The names Sally, if you need anything just ask!” Sally hollered across the room to the man who entered the shop. Running her hand through her hair, Sally huffed as the shop has never had so many people come in at once. Rubbing her eyes Sally hopped back up on her chair and looked up at the T.V., she had no idea what was happening from how much she’s missed.
Back to top Go down
Candy/E.C.H.O.
Student
Student
Candy/E.C.H.O.

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Candalynne smile grew a little brighter as the woman explained what they had in stock and when the woman came round the counter to Candalynne, she tensed up slightly and hesitated to move away but she kept her ground and looked to Sally's outstretched hand. She slowly moved her hand up and grasped Sally's hand, shaking it a little. "Hmm, Human greetings are weird." She muttered in Gallifreyan, she then snapped out of it and grinned at Sally. "I am Candalynne Ariella, nice to meet you, Sparrow." Candalynne then turned at the sound of the door opening.

She noticed a girl with red hair, her memory tried to remind her of the small encounter they had a few months back but Candalynne's new regeneration has blocked it off. Candalynne noticed the weird greeting the Sally woman would say and the words 'wibbly wobbly' sparked interest in Candalynne's mind. It was something the Doctor had said plenty of times to her, in this regeneration and in past ones.

She then turned to see a third person enter the shop, it being a male this time. She heard him say her name and she smiled. "Oh hello, Eric. Long time no see." She said softly, slowly walking up to the man. "What does the woman mean by 'holler'?" She blinked in confusion as Sally had said the word about three times - making Candy very curious.
Back to top Go down
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student
Rassilon/Eric Tempore

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:36 am

Eric smiled as Candalynne greeted him and asked about the word 'holler' in that blank, expressionless voice of hers. "Well, it's like calling her...like yelling for help....sort of...I'll be honest, I don't understand half the stuff people in this time say either." he said, although he whispered the last part. Thinking it rude to ignore her he looked past Candy to the woman behind the counter "Sorry, all this excitement today made me forget my manners, name's Eric Tempore, nice shop by the way." he said, looking around the shop as if to illustrate his point.

Eric inspected some of the DVD's more closely, names like "Lord Of The Rings" and "The Matrix" kept popping up. "I've heard a lot about these....something about a magical ring that enslaves all of humanity and puts everyone in a virtual world.." he muttered. An intermittent, fairly loud beeping started to emanate from his Vortex Manipulator as he studied the rows of DVD's. "Oh come on...it's not even been five minutes." he grumbled, looking down at the Manipulator's screen, the notification was puzzling to say the least, traces of artron energy around here. He immediately assumed it to be Candy, she was a Time-Lord (or Time-Lady?) after all...but no, the Manipulator would have picked up more energy if it were her it had detected, much more. Eric glanced disbelievingly at Sally, then looked back down at the Manipulator, then back to Sally again.

Either Sally was a time-traveller, or she knew someone who was.

Eric moved toward the counter, whispering to Candy as he passed "I've got something, might be nothing but you never know."
as he approached the counter he coughed to get Sally's attention back from the TV screen which currently showed a brown-haired guy in some kind of space cowboy outfit shooting a green alien of some kind in a bar. "Uh...Sally, if you don't mind I'd like to ask you something...you'll probably think I'm an idiot, but what is your opinion on the viability of time-travel?" he asked, trying his best to sound and look carefree while he studied her face for any worry lines or subtle changes.
Back to top Go down
Sally_Sparrow
Newb
Newb
Sally_Sparrow

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:23 am

Sally bit her bottom lip in anticipation as she watched the miniature screen “Han no...W-What are you doing!”  Sally whispered clasping her hands together. Sally tends to get way to intense with movies and television program. Glancing over at the new acquaintances in the store, Sally wondered how they even stumbled upon her little stop. Suddenly, getting cut off from her train of thought she heard the man call out to her. “Oh no, it’s fine! It’s nice to meet ya’ Eric! And thank you I've had it for awhile,” Sally replied to Eric before snapping her head right back to the screen to not miss another moment of this ‘intense’ scene.

Almost going into a complete trance, Sally suddenly lost her train of thought from a sudden cough right across the counter. Shaking her head slightly, Sally spun her chair seeing it was the customer Eric. Welcoming him to the counter, Sally warmly smiled and awaited his question. ‘Time-travel’... Those two words stuck in Sally's head for a matter of seconds causing her smile too slowly fade, as she felt a wave of dreaded memories rush through her mind. Trying to push those thoughts to the back of her mind, Sally chuckled and looked down to think about her answer and what it’ll affect. “Well… I guess I do believe it can, no… Will be possible,” Sally suggested before nodding her head. “Yeah, now can I ask why do you need to know this?” Sally questioned as she raised an eyebrow in confusion.

~ Sorry that it's really short  Sad  ~
Back to top Go down
Sally_Sparrow
Newb
Newb
Sally_Sparrow

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 4:56 pm

-Waiting for reply-
Back to top Go down
Candy/E.C.H.O.
Student
Student
Candy/E.C.H.O.

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:20 pm

{{ I'm gonna wait for Robin, she needs to reply. }}
Back to top Go down
Sally_Sparrow
Newb
Newb
Sally_Sparrow

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 1:11 am

-She told me she dropped out, so anyone can go Smile -
Back to top Go down
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student
Rassilon/Eric Tempore

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 4:10 am

((Candy, you wanna go next?))
Back to top Go down
Candy/E.C.H.O.
Student
Student
Candy/E.C.H.O.

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:23 am

{{ Oh okay then, I'll go now. }}

Candalynne blinked at the sudden interest Eric had in finding out the Human female's knowledge in time-travel. Candalynne was not stupid, she could tell the topic had affected Sally's breathing and heartbeat; she had sad memories or ones that saddened her anyway, about time-travel, and it made Candalynne have interest in the Human female. "I know time-travel works.." Candalynne said to intervene in the conversation, she didn't mean to but it was a natural thing for her to do. "Time-travel can be awful business, I should know." As she spoke she glanced from Eric to Sally to watch their reactions - even though she knew Eric knew she was a TimeLord (Lady?).

Candalynne sighed softly, leaning against the counter as she crossed her arms. Seconds later her eyes widen and she looks around as if she can see things - which she can - but no one else can see the monsters that began to show up in front of her. Candalynne cowered to the corner of the store, sitting down in the corner of the room, holding her head in her hands as she muttered: "Go away." And, "Leave me alone!"
Back to top Go down
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student
Rassilon/Eric Tempore

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:00 am

Eric sighed as Candalynne blurted out a tidbit on her knowledge of time-travel, he had hoped for a careful approach to this but he decided to work with the situation as it was. "I apologise if this bringing up bad memories for you....I've known Candalynne to be a bit blunt sometimes and-" he abruptly stopped talking to Sally as Candalynne left the counter, sat on the floor and began cradling her head in her hands and muttering to herself. "I'm sorry Sally, would you excuse me...." he said, walking tentatively over to Candalynne. He lowered himself into a crouching stance so he was on the same level as her. "Candalynne, Candalynne look at me, are you alright?" he inquired, speaking slowly and softly to avoid spooking her. "Candalynne, speak to me...tell me what's wrong." he continued on, still no response.

"Candalynne, whatever it is that you're thinking about or seeing....it's not real, trust me I've spent too much time training to spot these things, there's nothing here, no one that wants to hurt anyone else...ok?" he finished, simultaneously making a mental note to get lessons in psychology sometime in the future....or maybe the past....or maybe the present..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meetings and DVD's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meetings and DVD's   Meetings and DVD's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meetings and DVD's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: