Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_vote_lcapNova Arrakis Polaris I_voting_barNova Arrakis Polaris I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Nova Arrakis Polaris I_vote_lcapNova Arrakis Polaris I_voting_barNova Arrakis Polaris I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Nova Arrakis Polaris

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperNova
Newb
Newb
SuperNova

Nova Arrakis Polaris Empty
PostSubject: Nova Arrakis Polaris   Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 2:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Yeah, tried my best to draw him. Some notes: he does not wear shoes; has a navel, ear, and nose stud. Also, you can't quite see it, but he has a substantial amount of chest, stomach, and arm hair, as well as some facial hair)

Character Name: Nova Arrakis Polaris

Species: Nomades stellarum
Age: 45 Earth rotations around the Sun (roughly late adolescence biologically)

::Appearance::
Hair: Purple
Eyes: White pupils, light green irises, black sclera
Height: 6'1''
Figure: Toned, somewhat broad shoulders
Other: A series of blue markings across entire body that shine with a light luminescence, with which he was born with. Can control brightness to a small degree in order to communicate.
Clothing: Green jeans, with an ear, nose, and navel stud piercing.

::Info::
Family: Nova grew up in a Grupo de Apoio(a pack consisting of several Grupo Nurtrir(or "immediate" families)), and, as he considers the entirety of his species one giant family, they are still around. The pack he grew up in he has left to explore on his own for a time.
Personality: There are several facets to Novas personality. For one,he is a highly curious being, and being curious tends to be his defining trait. Whether it he be curious about a new planet, a species, or an interesting piece of string, he will be immediately drawn to it in an attempt to get to know it better. While this does lead him into some fantastic places, it also has led him into some very dangerous situations.
 He is also a highly sociable being. He enjoys the company of others, talking, and learning. It is why he dislikes the thought of being isolated from others for extended periods of time.Being highly social, he has a very charismatic persona that he brings to the table.
 He sees traveling as his life and his purpose. To explore and experience what the Universe has to offer is his mantra. He can't really understand why people wouldn't want to travel, and instead remain in one single place. One of the reasons he dislikes governments is their imposing of borders and allowing certain places to be seen by a certain some.
 Nova is also very much defined by his technology. He grew up with a society that had science, discovery, and science as some of its central tenets. He always has some sort of technological gadget in his ship.
 He has a thing with beings who impose authority upon him, especially those who didn't earn that authority. That thing: he doesn't like it. He will usually end up doing the exact opposite of what they ask just to prove he won't submit to them. Though, in the event that Nova actually sees you as having the merit and worth for that authority position, he might be a bit more lenient.
 He tends to be quite a trusting person. Very quick to trust, always willing to give second chances. He knows beings can make mistakes, and will easily forgive someone. This, however, can lead him to get hurt very much and very hard.
 Nova is a very affectionate person. He tends to hug a lot, be close to people, is very touchy feely, and usually kisses people when he first meets them (Note: the kissing has more to do with function rather then intention. By kissing, he gets a very good taste and smell of the being, and his people generally identify things by taste and smell.) This affection has generally led to a variety of reactions, from getting punched, to awkward silences, to late in the night bedding.
 He has a very broad sense of family. He considers family those you can spend time with being yourself, and things with trust, acceptance, and support being thrown in. Therefore, he considers many of his friends to be family, and he can get rather protective of them.
Strengths: Knowledge of foreign cultures; very fit; Is rather charismatic; is a rather brilliant musician.
Weakness: His curiosity tends to get the better of him; He has problems listening to authority figures; very easy to gain trust; very strong scents or tastes can leave him very disoriented(especially pheromones).
Likes: New cultures, the universe(and its environments), Science, and exploration
Dislikes: Governments (sees them as restraining, even if needed), being sedentary, isolation for extended periods of time, Morales being imposed on him.
Dream: The Universe. All it has to offer. All there is to experience.

History: Nova Arrakis Polaris was born into his Grupo de Apoio in  a large Nomadum Genus Delectabit, a self-sustaining ship used by the Nomas. He was named this as a nova was happening with one of the multiple stars of Polaris that would consume the planet Arrakis!

His childhood, as can be guessed, was spent on the ship as it traveled between the stars. His earliest memories where ones of looking through windows at large cosmic bodies, being told stories of by his elders of times long passed, for that his how they passed down their history. By the time he was reaching a more developmental state of his childhood, the sense of wonder for the Universe and the sense to have his own stories was already deeply instilled in his body.

Eventually, the ship made its way back to The Nomas home system, and it would be here that Nomas would find a his deep sense of family and community. They reached there home planet just as the biggest festival of the Nomas society, the Maxestoso Festival, was beginning in the ancient city of Pacem.

Nova was allowed to travel on his own during the festival, as the Maxestoso festival was traditionally a place of exploration of both the self and of the society for young adolescence. The Maxestoso festival lasted for, Earth-wise, three months. During this time, Nova was reaching a changing point. He met so many of his species, gaining from them knowledge of the stars, of life, love. hate, and insanity. With these people he also gained his first loves, his first time experiencing touches in a new way. He saw the artwork of societies dead and gone and ones of just starting, as well as the artwork of his people, with sculptures reaching to the heavens in their beauty and paintings so abstract that it astounded him to the point of shock. He heard music being played that he would dance for hours,and ones that broke him inside. He took a variety of drugs that changed his perception of time and space, what was real and what was fantasy, and how the line between was thin to none. The smells and tastes were running, and he would often end up overwhelmed with them to the point of a collapse.

Finally, near the end of the Festival, came the ending finale. Passed out by the eldest of the society were The Cithara Magnet, a musical device that looked like a cross between a harp and a flute, that, when played, caused a magnetic dissonance. Suddenly, one could be heard playing, then another, and then another. The Magnetic Dissonance caused an effect similar to an aurora. So all around Nova, as themusic played, lights showed up and wavedin the air above him. They were playing, not to some actual song, but to the heartbeat of The Nomas themselves, synchronizing, until the entire city of Paceem was light and all that could be heard was the sound of The Nomas. The magnetically charged air tasted and smelled so indescribable to Nova. Eventually, the song stopped, and everybody stood still, together, under the stars.

To this day, whenever someone asks him who are The Nomas, Nova tells them to go to the Maxestoso Festival,for only then will you actually find out.

After this experience, Nova regrouped with his Grupo de Apoio, and, after sharing their own experiences, left the planet again, this time to wander their home system for a while. Nova made the decision then: after exploring the rest of the system with his group, he would set sail on his own course for a while. And so, after his travels through his system, getting the full his own culture had to offer, he got a hold of his own Delectabit, and started his own travels.

His first adventure sent him on a course to Earth. With knowledge that Earthlings were still at a point of not true first contact with any being outside their planet, he used an old Saturnyn perception filter too make him appear human. He stayed with the humans for about two years, traveling the globe, befriending many, before having to make a run out of the planet after getting himself caught up in a UNIT escapade after he snuck into their building for a quick peek, not realizing UNIT had the capability to see through his disguise.

After a while, he got caught up on Raxacoricofallapatorius, and, after staying thee a while, was accidentally seen as a member of a group trying to destroy the Raxas Alliance, fled.

And that is how several of his exploration adventures went. Traveling form one planet to another, and, either, after a while, leaving on his own accord or at the accord of others. He has gathered quite a collection of contacts, gathered up some different tech on his ship, and refined his skill on the Cithara Magnet, which he plays for people on occasion, as well as learning various other instruments, finding that they could tell the most about a culture.

HOW DID YOU FIND US?: I was looking for some good Doctor Who roleplaying, and I came upon this site. It looked very professional and cool,so I was like "This looks amazing, brilliant, I am going to sign up!"

---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
 Nova stared across the street, across the shadows, at The Doctor, who, likewise, was looking straight at him. He could see around him the hazy light coming from the floral store behind him, the only light, besides the street-lamp that The Doctor was under, that actually worked. He looked up at the overcast of grey clouds, moving slowly across the sky, hiding the precious moon and stars. Precious, because, right now, any light source would be of immense help. The Vashta Nerada were here, their unique smell filling Novas nostrils. It's why he told The Doctor not to move from the spot he was at, after they had been split up.

"Okay," thought Nova to himself,"I need to get to The Doctor. Whatever comes after that, at least I'll have The Doctor, the most important being at the moment and probably the only way of this accursed planet." He took off his knapsack, wet after the earlier rainfall, and checked it, hoping he could use anything in there. "Okay, lets see: a rubber duck...why The Doctor put that in here I wouldn't know," he began to think to himself quickly," a carrot. a chicken leg, a raincoat, which I stupidly did not put on earlier, a flashlight, working, thank the Universe, a box of matches, dry, and..." he thought, quite annoyed at The Doctor for this mishap,"The Doctors screwdriver." He looked across the way at The Doctor, wondering why he didn't have it on him. He would be sure to give him a taking to, right after he played with the screwdriver for a while. It wasn't everyday he got to mess with something sonic.

Chewing on the carrot, he began to think of a way he could get across, pacing a bit in-between the store lights. He was shivering a bit, a cold wind blowing by, making his wet body warm. Maybe he could use the raincoat to make a fire to keep himself warm with the matches. It took him about five seconds before his eyes widened and a smile of glee appeared on his face, as it hit him just how brilliant he was. He quickly took out the raincoat, thanking his ancestors for the genetics of making him bigger,  and starting ripping up  the coat with his bare hands, judging the amount of cloth it would take to get him off the street. He couldn't tell if his mind was playing tricks on him, but the street looked rather large.

After ripping up a substantial amount of them, he was ready. Taking a strip of cloth, he put it near the edge of darkness, and, striking up a match, set the cloth on fire. It quickly glowed, the cloths retardant properties allowing it to have a steady blaze without it quickly burning out. For maybe bout a minute. So he had to be quick. He quickly moved passed it a bit, going to the edge of its blaze, cursing at its shortness, and lit the another piece of cloth.

He continued this, his heartbeat raised as he smelled the Vashta Nerada conglomerate on the edge of darkness, waiting for him to slip up, waiting to feast upon his flesh. That thought kept recurring to him, as he made his way across. An amazing species they were, so spread out, so successful as a species to survive. It amazed him to no end. He actually wouldn't mind being eaten by such a predator, he thought, moving slowly passed the median of the street, growingfrightened at the diminishing matches and cloth. If he didn'tmake it, he wondered what it would feel like to be eaten by them. Very quick, milliseconds. But quite an experience.

"Ai, Universe!" He yelped, burning his finger, dropping the mach. He was slow close, the smell of The Doctor starting to pervade his nose, the Gallifrayan scent, his temporal self giving off its own unique fragrance. He shakily made another match, setting it down on the cloth as the one behind him burst into dying embers.

He stepped through, stumbling as the fire made its way into the broader light of the streetllamp, his arms immediately wrapping around The Doctors body, holding tightly, the sudden thought of how he actually managed to survive causing his body to shake. "I'm safe though," he thought, licking the Doctors cheek, tasting his friend as he deeply breathed in on his neck. He probably looked insane doing that, but it helped him calm himself, taking in The Doctor. He had the taste and scent, what his people called Salus, a combination of taste and smell that brought out a feeling of safety.

He took a deep breathe, letting go of the Doctor, and, digging through his knapsack, brought out the sonic screwdriver, and thrust it into The Doctors hands. "Now Doctor, as much as my morbid thoughts wanted me to experience the Vashta Nerada eating me alive, I would much like for us to escape. May I ask if you have a plan?" I said, construing my face into a sly smile, asI watched The Doctor about to tell me his harrowing, dangerous, most likely to get us killed plan to escape, which somehow involved the usage of a particular rubber duck...
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: Nova Arrakis Polaris   Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 2:31 pm

Looks really, really good so far! You're accepted unless another mod/member of staff says otherwise!

Have fun, Nova!
Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Newb
Newb
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Nova Arrakis Polaris   Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Oh, my word, thank you Oscar! I'll be sure to enjoy myself to the fullest!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nova Arrakis Polaris   Nova Arrakis Polaris I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nova Arrakis Polaris
Page 1 of 1