Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Adventures in the Museum I_vote_lcapAdventures in the Museum I_voting_barAdventures in the Museum I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Adventures in the Museum I_vote_lcapAdventures in the Museum I_voting_barAdventures in the Museum I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Adventures in the Museum

Go down 
+3
Brax
SuperNova
Brooke/Charity
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

Adventures in the Museum Empty
PostSubject: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Ellie sighed softly and leaned her elbow on her desk, chin cupped in her hand. She wished it was time for Science class, because that was her favorite class. But Science was over, and now it was time for History. She found this subject a bit boring, but she tried to pay attention so she could get good grades in it anyway. Today, the teacher seemed to be running late, and she wondered why.

Bored, Ellie began tidying her desk up a bit. She lifted the top of the desk and began straightening up the things inside. She tried to make everything neat and organized. She didn't usually bother with this, but she didn't have anything else to do, so why not? The girl glanced around the classroom at her fellow classmates and then put the lid of her desk down. She folded her arms on the desk surface and leaned onto her desk with another sigh of boredom.

Then, she brightened up a bit as she remembered something she had in her backpack. She twisted around in her seat and unzipped the side of her backpack, which hung on the back of her chair, and pulled out a AA battery, a bit of copper wire, and a small disk magnet. Carefully setting these things on her desk, she attached the magnet to the negative end of the battery, stood it up with the positive end pointing upward, and then bent the wire into a spirally shape so there was a loop that would wrap around the magnet, and then at the top of the spiral it bent down to touch the tip of the battery.

As soon as she let go of the wire, it began to spin around the battery. Ellie smiled as she watched her homopolar-motor at work, and sat back in her seat as she waited for her history teacher to arrive so she could get this class over with, and go home.

(OOC: for anyone else who wants to join this RP, please have your character go to the London Museum, which is where the events will actually take place. Thank you!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
SuperNova
Newb
Newb
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:29 pm

Nova closed his eyes and sniffed in deeply the air around him, getting a feel for the area around him. He then opened them, blinking a bit from the sudden intensity of the Earthen stars the cloud moved away from it. In front of him, he saw what was called the Museum of London. From the front, it looked like what the humans subjectively called "modern": geometrically rectangular and square, plenty of windows, with gray and off-white colour tones. It even had a water wall with the words "Museum of London" on it!

He had just come from seeing St. Paul's Cathedral some streets South of here. Now, THAT was a building. He greatly enjoyed what the being styling herself as tour guide called English Baroque style of the building. It was huge, imposing, had a dome, and looked so majestic on the inside. The murals and stained glass were heart-rendering. He usually loved art centred around religion, despite not being religious himself, and it always surprised him in that every culture he went to, there was a religion somewhere. There just seemed to always be that usual, with some exceptions, of course, like his own culture. All cultures seemed to have music though. On that thought, the being styling herself as tour guide showing him around showed them the Organ, which Nova just fell in love with. He even sat on his bench and  got to touched the Organ. Then of course, before he got to play any music, the being that styled herself as tour guide started yelling at him, and forcefully took him off it. Almost broke his Saturnyn Perception Filter. For a moment, he didn't look like the Caucasian, blue eyed, blonde haired, slightly heavy bodied English bloke with that little bit of stubble, but most didn't even notice.

He had come down to Earth again as he rather enjoyed the smell of the atmosphere. Nova felt like his last visit was cut short, and he didn't feel like he got the full Earth experience that he wanted. So, he parked his Delectabit down in a lot, put on a cloak for it, and went to explore away.

He made his way into the building, so happy that this museum was free entry. Or were all museums free of charge? He would have to ask an Earthling later. He quickly took a sniff of the interior. "Air Conditioner needs a bit of fixing, can smell a tiny bit of halocarbon," he noted to himself, walking through, "though it isn't nearly as dusty as I thought it would be. Oh, and the smell of the dated material. Exquisite...except for that piece..." He continued walking a bit more in, reading intently at each new post. Apparently, the museum was made so that people would be reading from past to present. Right now he was in the prehistoric gallery, which he found rather fascinating, seeing the humans discovering their own pre-written history.

As he got up close to one, he noticed its reflective quality of it, and stepped back a bit, The Earthlings here wouldn't be able to see any reflection thanks to the Saturnyn Perception Filter, which might signal something off to them, as he looked across at a couple off to the right. "Oh, why can't these humans just get a bit farther into space so I don't have wear this contraption," he thought, slightly irritated, before continuing along the prehistoric section.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 3:59 am

Sebastian walked through the museum, having discussed the overpriced tickets, even though they tried to explain that it was free of charge. Nonetheless, they didn't want him to cause a scene, thus they allowed him to pass without gavin got buy a ticket, at the anger and frustration of all those in the queue. He had made contact with his people and they were…different. Either that or they had completely forgotten who he was. As usual, he was wearing his red shirt and black jacket, although he allowed his hair to flop loose and not have to use the stupid gel that humans used.

Heading back to the subject upon his people, yes, he was still banished. There was no possible way that they would allow him to get back to Earth as once again, they had a war and most of the technology was wiped, except from their communication devices. It was a stupid move to make really since on Earth, he had noticed the devices humans used were very prominent in everyday use. His people actually were discussing his usefulness and what impact he could have on Earth, if his powers were given back to him.

Sebastian frowned, pausing at a painting. It looked similar to a screaming woman. But the proportions were completely out. Even an alien like him knew the proportions and that was from the fact that--

Although many of his powers were stripped away from him, he still could detect a faint alien tinge in the air as he walked around the museum. It was a strange scent, but it was fading quickly. He cursed and continued walking. What was all of this stuff? Humans had some weird history, Sebastian took time to read the plaque on the objects and glanced up to smell that scent again. Apparently, it was coming from the Earthling that stood next to a couple.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 1:45 pm

The Flesh Doctor walked slowly through the halls of the school. He stopped in front of the wooden door leading to a classroom. He reached down and pulled out the pocket watch that was in his pocket, he flipped it open noting that he was slightly late to the History class that he was meant to be teaching. He closed the watch slipping it into the pocket he took it out of.

He gripped the small leather briefcase that he held in his hand. The Flesh Doctor wondered why he had decided this was a good idea, he thought back to when he met the two young children and how fun it felt explaining everything that they had come across. He grinned a little as he remembered it before he nodded slightly to himself before reaching down grabbing the doorknob and pushing the door open.

He quickly walked into the room and moved to the desk setting the basically empty briefcase on the wooden desk that was centered in the front of the room that had 27 desks that held children sitting there waiting for him.

The Flesh Doctor looked at them most of them looking rather bored. He made a note a particular little girl that seemed to be enjoying herself with something other than what the class was about and she looked familiar from somewhere but he couldn't put his finger on where or why. He shrugged slightly before turning his back to the class and grabbing a piece of chalk before writing something on the blackboard.

"Hello class, I am your new History Teacher," he said not turning around. "My name is Dr. Ian Foreman," he said writing the name on the chalkboard and putting the chalk back down before turning to face the children again.

"First thing is first, take out your textbooks and then throw them away because you will not be needing them," he smiled slightly at them before straightening his bow tie with both hands. "The second thing is, that today we are actually going to take a field trip to the Museum," he said slapping his hands together.

"Lastly...Are there any questions?" The Flesh Doctor said looking over the large group of children to see their reactions to what he had just said.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Ellie looked up from her homopolar motor as the door of the classroom opened and a stranger walked in. Except, it wasn't a stranger. Ellie was surprised. She remembered him! She started to call out and say hi, but then remembered she was in class so she didn't. She didn't even wave, though she smiled in his direction. Why was the Doctor here? She was a bit confused when he announced that he was their new History teacher, and introduced himself as Dr Ian Foreman. She thought his name was the Doctor.. that's what she thought he'd said when she and Eric met him. But maybe he was only saying that because he apparently is a doctor, and maybe he thought it would be more easy for her and Eric to call him the Doctor, instead of Dr Foreman? Or.. something.

He began by telling them to throw out their textbooks. Ellie blinked and stared at him in puzzlement. Why would they not need their textbooks for history class? It didn't make sense. Then he said they were going on a field trip? She looked over at James raised his hand and asked,
"Don't we have to have our parents sign a permission slip before we can go on a field trip? Sir.." he added. Ellie hadn't thought about that, but she hoped the answer was no, because she wouldn't be able to go if she had to get her parent's to sign something. Though she supposed she could get people who ran the orphanage to sign, but still.. Dr Foreman talked like they were going on a field trip today, and she wouldn't be able to get permission for today.

Some other kids asked questions like why are we going on a field trip? And how long will we be gone? Will we be back in time for our next class? And things like that. Ellie didn't really see the point in some of those questions. She thought the purpose for the field trip ought to be self explanatory. Obviously, they were going to the museum to learn about history. That's what this class was about, right? She did, however, have another question. She hesitantly raised her hand.
"Sir, what would you like us to call you?" She asked quietly. Did he prefer Dr. Foreman, Mr. Foreman, Doctor, or.. what? She quietly stopped her homopolar motor and put it away in her backpack again, then glanced over at Sarah when the girl asked their teacher if they really had to throw out their textbooks, or if he was joking about that.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 3:47 pm

The Flesh Doctor looked over the class as they started asking lots of questions about what was going on and other random questions. One of the boys that sat near the front of the room asked a question about whether or not they needed to have a slip signed by their parents. He hadn't really thought of that detail but he was sure it wasn't important. What could possibly go wrong with a trip to the museum?

"Nah..I don't think a signed slip is necessary, its just a trip to the museum," he said answering that boy's question. He looked over and saw that the girl he had recognized before had raised her hand and asked a question what he would prefer to be called. He raised an eyebrow at the question. That is when it hit him where he had saw the girl before, she was one of the children that he had met when he went in the underground lab.

"Oh,um...you can call me Doctor I suppose, I would prefer that actually," he said smiling at Ellie and nodding slightly to show that he recognized her. "As for the rest of your questions we will likely be gone for the rest of the day, as for me saying that you should throw away your history books that was something else I meant to say and for you to actually do it," he said answering the majority of the questions.

"Now, if there isn't any other questions lets be off," he said grabbing the briefcase off the desk and marching out of the door as if to say even if there were more questions they were going anyways.
Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Newb
Newb
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 6:10 pm

"Huh...if my people had had an agricultural revolution..." he thought to himself, intrigued by that human societal evolution. He looked at the picture next to the words, showing a rather nicely drawn depiction of a settlement. In the background, he heard someone making a fuss at the entrance, and rolled his eyes. "Some humans," he said under his breathe with a chuckle, before walking down a bit more, seeing that he was about to enter Medieval London.

He was stopped though, by a scent in the air that didn't belong. Well, not that it didn't belong, as anyone could belong anywhere. More like, it was not a human scent. It had an Earthen scent, though, he would get that if he stayed on the planet a bit longer, but definitely not human. The scent wasn't all too familiar either. He probably had smelled similar in the past, faintly, but not enough to actually place with anything for identification.

He took a deep breathe through his nose, trying to find where the scent was originating, and whirled around, only to find a being staring in his direction. "Red shirt, black jacket, dark hair..." he thought, noting the being.

Being the impulsive being Nova is whenever he comes across something new and curious looking, he quickly made his way to the being with the red shirt. Smelling the air around, he got a much better scent of the being. The being with the red shirt had a metallic scent, but a fainted one, with what could be at best described as an acidic twinge to it. He suddenly found himself in front of the being with the red shirt.

"Don't you find these exhibits fascinating," he said smoothly, as if that had been his main reason for coming over, giving the being with the red shirt a sly smile, seeing the exhibit they were out having something to do with pottery. He took another whiff of the scent. He usually wouldn't be so excited about a scent, but it had caught him off guard, and he wanted to be able to identify the being later in the case that they met again. Smelled more interesting then the humans in any case, though that might just be because he was beginning to get used to the scent.

He remembered coming here some years earlier, and ended up getting put in a room for licking and smelling everything around him. The being with the funny hat said he was being a "public menace", and, his human not being that good back then, he had no idea what that meant. Easy to get out afterwards though. Hope the being with the funny hat dealt with his venom alright, and wasn't in a catatonic state for too long.

He quickly began reading about the pottery in front of the man, wondering what he would taste like. Probably similar, with a metallic, acidic release from the skin. It would help him get a better biological sense of the being with the red shirt though...
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Well this ought to be fun! Much better than the normally boring history class they usually had. Ellie was glad to hear that they didn't need signed permission slips, and no one else complained about it either. She smiled back at the new teacher when he said that he preferred to be called the Doctor. Still, she wondered if she really ought to throw away the textbook. She didn't think the school would like that too well. She was pretty sure the school had to pay for the text books, so they probably wouldn't like it for the students to throw away the books. She decided not to do anything with hers, and wait to see what would happen if any of the other kids did throw theirs away. She preferred not to get in trouble, if that was going to happen.

In the meantime, the Doctor was leading the way out of the classroom. Not wanting to be the last one in line, Ellie grabbed her backpack from the back of her chair. She didn't know if they would be coming back here, since the Doctor said that they would probably be gone all day. She didn't want to leave her backpack behind, because she may not have a chance to get it until school tomorrow, and she would be needing it. So she thought it best to take her backpack along with her on this field trip, just in case.

She hurried to join the others in line, and took her place behind those already in line. Someone poked her sort of hard in the back, and she turned to see who it was. She frowned at Matthew.
"What?" She whispered. He folded his arms and gave her that 'do what I say or else' look.
"Let me in front of you." He whispered, trying to keep the teacher from hearing. Ellie wanted to say no, but she knew if she did he would only cause a lot more trouble for her later. She hesitated slightly, then sighed and let the bully in front of her. She frowned and folded her arms, glaring at the back of his head.

At least that Jacob wasn't here. He was a year older, which meant he wasn't in this class. She was glad about that, because he would make sure to cause her a lot more trouble, if he were there. She wasn't sure how he would cause any trouble, but she was sure he would find a way. She was wishing she had waited a bit longer to get in line, because then Matthew wouldn't have wanted to cut in front of her, if she was near the back of the line. She didn't like being behind so many others though, because she could hardly see over everyone. Suddenly Matthew stopped, and Ellie ran into him. He turned around and pushed her.
"Watch where you're going." He said in a tone that made it clear to Ellie that he had meant to cause her to run into him. He stuck his tongue out at her and then continued walking.

Ellie sighed and followed her classmates down the hall as they followed their new teacher. She tried not to let Matthew's picking on her bother her too much. She didn't want him to ruin the field trip for her. She tried to ignore him and thought about how much fun it would be to visit the museum. She tried to imagine what it might be like in the museum, but she'd never been to one so she didn't know. She wondered if it was all history, or if there might be something cool in there, like science. She really hoped so!

(ooc; it's an open RP, Luna. anyone can join. Also, I think only site owners, administrators, and maybe moderators can delete posts.)
Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Boredom. That's what he felt every time he came to a class other than science or math. Well, actually, math bored him too. Science usually kept his interest. History? Now that was something interesting. He loved hearing about the battles that saw London safe from the evil conquestadors of Europe. The teacher seemed to tell it so well. But today, it was about dates. Dates, dates, and more dates. Who care about dates? He wanted the teacher to stand up and jump over the desks, illustrating the firefights and sword clashing between sides. Not since that one teacher got sick. He was stuck with this guy for the past few days, and history dropped to the back while they dealt with a certain battle in a year he remembered for the time span of five minutes. If that long.

So as soon as the class was over, he was out, and roaming the hall. Math was next, but he didn't feel like going in there today. Why? Because he knew it already. He knew about multiplication and division and all that, and they were still doing two digit multiplication for the slow ones. And then there were the jibes about being too smart for the rest of the class and being the teacher's pet. Who cared about the rest of them, seriously, Eric thought. He kicked along a soda can someone had carelessly dropped, watching it roll down the hall and ricochet off the wall.

Instead, he made his way to the library. He had come there a number of times, as he had discovered it had all sorts of cool things to read. It also had advanced subjects of math and science, and he found himself often buried in these when he wasn't reading about rockets. Therefore it was not uncommon for him to stay there for hours until someone came to fetch him. This had been though, the first time he had decided to be truant. It wouldn't be a big deal, he'd just claim to be sick if the teacher asked...

Suddenly the quiet of the school was interupted by the chatter of children as they shuffled down the hall. Something Eric found extremely odd. He often perched against the wall, right near the door, and right behind the rocket bookshelf, and he had never heard children passing at this hour. Had the bell rung and it was time for him to go home? Was Captain Jack going to be miffed if he stayed too long? He looked at his watch, only to discover he'd been there less than ten minutes. Curious, at least for a second, he poked his head out the door, only to see a group of children making their way in the general direction of the exit. It seemed to be the group of kids two grades up, who were a floor up. Did the kids from two grades up get to go out of school early? He felt a little jealous, and was just about to ignore them and go back to reading, when he spotted Ellie near the back.

Immediately, he thought of saying hi before going back to his reading, so he stuffed the book into his backpack, and disappeared into the hall before the librarian spotted him. His short legs quickly covered the distance in large bounds, and he was up behind Ellie before they exited the building. "Hi Ellie!" he said in a hushed voice. "Are you out of school early?"
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:05 am

There was rather a lot to learn, the humans did like their revolutions and their attempts into space. It amused him greatly and was about to examine an exhibit when the same person, who had just been examining something, began to move over to him. Seb tried to look busy, he really didn't want to interact but it seemed to have initiated contact with him. He inwardly grimaced. "Yeah, human history is something…"

Sebastian had caught himself, he had ran his mouth about 'human' history. Sometimes people would correct him and chuckle, sometimes they'd mock him but the truth was, he didn't really care whether people knew he was from outer space. But then again, this human, or what he thought to be a human, kept sniffing, as if he had some sort of cold. "What's been your favourite so far?"

Before he could get another word in edgewise, another being approached him. There was a less attempt of looking human and he tilted his head. Sebastian frowned. "It would be bigger, it's the exhibits that make the rooms smaller." Seb wanted to ask why she looked sad, but did he care? Not really. He had spotted her running around, like a hyper Mephis. Nonetheless, he was hoping that something was going to happen soon.

He examined a nearby piece, people swarmed around them, observing the man with the red shirt, although unusual style, it was London, nearly anything worn was 'accepted.'
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:21 am

Deciding that she would rather get away from Matthew, Ellie hung back a bit until she was nearer to the back of the line. She disliked having to be near the back, but at least Matthew wasn't back here. She figured it was a sacrifice worth making to be away from the meanie boy. She just hoped that she wouldn't miss anything important, being stuck in the back of the line and all.

Suddenly, her friend Eric joined her at the back of the line. Ellie smiled happily upon seeing him.
"Hi!" She whispered happily. He wanted to know if they were getting out of school early, and she shook her head. "Nope, we're going on a field trip!" She replied excitedly, in a whisper. She hoped not to get Eric caught. She didn't know if the teacher would mind Eric joining, but maybe they could smuggle him in without the Doctor noticing? She hoped so. She motioned for Eric to join her as she continued following the rest of the class. "We're going to the museum. Why aren't you in class?" She whispered quietly to her friend as they walked. She hoped his teachers weren't looking for him. Maybe he could stay with her class for the field trip. She was hoping so, but she wasn't sure if the teacher would be ok with this so she just didn't say anything, hoping not to call attention to Eric's presence here, so maybe the teacher wouldn't notice.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
SuperNova
Newb
Newb
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 4:50 pm

Nova turned as a new being came by. The smells coming off the being were rather conflicting to his nose. Very harsh metallic, with a neutral tone, with a slight soapy and feral smell. It was a rather strong scent, causing Nova's head to become light headed for a quick bit, but he shook his head, getting over it. He did find the situation interesting though. Three beings not of Earthen origin, playing like they were human. He found the entirety of the situation to good to be true,  and enjoyed having come here today for such an interesting sort of events. It did take some willpower for him not to immediately say anything, going instead for the "I'm going to watch this play out," method.

To the being with the red shirt and the being with the sad eyes, both of them having asked similar questions with around the same intent, he stated."Well, truthfully, in so far, I enjoyed the exhibit of The Neolithic Agricultural Revolution. Of course, mind you, it tends not to be the best thing now, strictly on an evolutionary line. It seems that it caused things to over-shoot, so that technologies and lifestyles don't match up with biology and chemistry..." he trailed off as he began reading another exhibit, about Germanic heritage.

He began wondering who these individuals actually were now. The being with the red shirt has the scent of something he has come across out there in the Universe, probably from a species that has also spread somewhat. The being with the sad eyes has a very unique scent, though a strong one that makes him cringe a bit. It intrigued him to no end. He would be sure to keep an eye on them.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:41 am

Ah, so she was an alien? Seb smirked. That's nice... It was interesting how that aliens seemed to integrate themselves so flawlessly with human beings. Seeing that he had been on this planet for a substantial amount of time, he had noticed that humans loved their technology and that they were quite dumb when it came to knowing people of their own race.

There were many things that he had done in his life, steal souls, provide a good energy supply and even stand up against his own people. Similarly, humans have done things as such, many stood up for what was seen as right in a time of it being very wrong. He ran a hand through his hair, in thought of which exhibit he wanted to visit next. However, Seb wanted to stay put with the aliens, it was only proved that the man beside him was an alien as he continued to talk about biological and chemical things not having matched up and mentioning an evolutionary line.

Either he was an alien or a very annoying scientist. Seb looked around, usually he would be able to see the souls of people, whether they had committed a crime or not, but without his powers, he was almost human. Things were picking up and as he glanced briefly at another exhibit, more and more people crowded into the space, even though it being a large space, kindly pointed out by the sad-eyes there.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 6:01 pm

The Flesh Doctor pushed the doors open of the school and started leading the squabbling line of children behind him down the stairs. It was a beautiful late morning in London, there were light clouds covering the blue sky. He walked briskly on the sidewalk as some of the children complained that they had to walk to the Museum instead of taking a bus.

"Now now, children it is a wonderful day outside and it is only a few blocks to the Museum," he said smiling over his shoulder as he continued walking. He passed a few people walking on the sidewalk that gave him odd looks from his looks and then from the line of children whining behind him.

After a few minutes they had reached the Museum. The Flesh Doctor stopped and looked up at the towering building. If he were the real Doctor he would have enjoyed going here to look at his own history but Fleshy still enjoyed going to museum's but he had yet to go the one in London despite him being here for awhile.

He walked up the stairs quickly opening the door for the children behind him to go in. Most of them were moaning that they were tired and hungry from the walk but he just ignored them and walked up behind them and started speaking.

"Welcome to the National Museum of History, it is safe to assume that half of the things here are lies or some of it is slightly changed to the way people who wrote history wanted it to be," he said speaking loudly enough for all of them to hear him.

"Right then, lets get moving to look at some of the things and please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about anything you see," he says as he walks through the group of children that was in front of him leading them deeper into the Musuem.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:55 pm

A field trip! Now that sounded exciting. To the museum no less! That meant he would get to see all sorts of interesting weapons and rifles, and perhaps ancient machines. He was practically giddy as he fell into step behind Ellie, and looked over his shoulder to see if anyone was watching. No, no teacher had noticed he was out of class. Good.

"Um, we didn't have math class today," he lied quickly. "So I'm free." If only, but the teacher probably wouldn't miss him. And Ellie didn't need to know that he had skipped class...if she did know and the teacher asked her, she'd be labeled an accomplice or something. At the very least, he didn't want the head teacher of the field trip sending him back if he heard he skipped class. Once his lie had been told, he pushed that to the back of his mind, and stood on tiptoes as they exited the door. He could see the back of some guy in a tweed coat, but he couldn't make him out with all the heads.

"So, what do you think we'll see there?" His voice was excited as he almost skipped along the street with Ellie. There were some groans about walking, but walking meant adventuring. Being kept cooped up in a bus was like being hustled about by the heads of the orphanage. If someone tried to grab him, he could just run away. He couldn't do that on a bus.

Once they were inside the museum however, Eric was filled with a sense of awe. The building was so massive, even larger than the library. It was also confusing with so many signs pointing to so many exhibits. For a while, Eric just walked in a circle, staring at everything as if it was on display. After a while, he realized that the items on display were behind glass, and he moved after the group of children as they hustled along. They didn't seem to be that interested...or at least that's what it seemed when someone nearby him asked for food.

As they continued to walk along, and the teacher continued to talk, he realized something else. "Ellie," he whispered, "Isn't that that guy in the old Barder place?"

As he waited for a response, a kid he'd never seen before showed up. Well, he hadn't seen any of them before, but this one was being particularly rude to put his body in Ellie's and his personal space. "Well, well, look who we have here. Ellie brought along her kid brother!" They had stopped near an exhibit, and were a ways back from the other kids and the teacher. However, he did get the attention of the nearby kids with his pointing and laughing. Eric wasn't sure what was so funny about it, or for that matter, why he was being called Ellie's brother. This was the second time that had been implied, and it always made him feel confused.

"What, orphanage doesn't want him anymore? I bet they make you change his diapers," the kid added, with a laugh. Eric began to feel annoyed, angry even, at being belittled by this...this barely older kid. What made him really angry though, was when the kid attempted to shove Ellie down real hard while the teacher wasn't looking. Eric jumped on the boy, and surprisingly, took him down to the floor with his head. For a moment, the kid was stunned, but quickly began shouting as he defended his face with the flurry of punches Eric rained down.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:26 am

Ellie grinned happily when Eric said that he didn't have anything to do. That meant he was free for coming on the field trip with her! She was glad, she liked having Eric around because he was one of her only human friends. She had lots of friends that weren't human, like Ik and some other aliens she'd met. But she couldn't usually hang out with her alien friends, and she liked to hang out with Eric too.

As Eric asked what they might see there at the museum, Ellie shrugged.
"I dunno, but I bet it'll be rather exciting!" She replied excitedly. She widened her eyes as they approached the building for the museum. "Oooh, it's like a castle!" She exclaimed softly, in total awe just of the outside of the museum. She almost couldn't believe they were going to get to go in there. She hopped up and down a little as she waited for the line to move forward so she and Eric could get inside. She couldn't wait to see what was in there!

Once inside, she stopped and stared around with wide eyes.
"Ooooh.." She uttered softly, amazed at how fantasic and beautiful it all was. She almost didn't catch what the teacher was saying, something about most of the stuff in there was wrong. She looked up toward him in confusion. That didn't make any sense though. The historian people would have made sure to get it all right. She edged a little closer, trying to hear better. He said that if they had any questions just to ask.

She glanced toward Eric when she heard him asking her something. She nodded.
"Yeah, he's the Doctor." She answered. "He's my new history teacher." She added with a smile. She stood on tiptoes trying to get a good look at a huge dinosaur skeleton thing that was on exhibit. She was really excited about this, and looked around eagerly, before suddenly Matt showed up. Ellie frowned as he started with his usual making fun of her routine. Only he was making fun of Eric too. She frowned and tried to think of what to say, but she really couldn't think of anything.

She bit her lip when there was a remark about the orphanage not wanting him, and her having to change his diapers. Before she could even think of anything to say, she was pushed hard, forcing her to take a step back. Then Eric was attacking Matt, and Ellie gasped softly as she saw that they were starting to fight. She was afraid that Eric would get in trouble, and she rushed forward.
"Stop it.." She said as she grabbed her friend by the back of his shirt and tried her best to pull him off of the bully. She didn't want the teacher to notice what was happening and for Eric to get in trouble. He wasn't even supposed to be here, so what might happen if the teacher found out? She didn't want to think about that. She just kept tugging at Eric and trying to pull him off, careful of Eric's punches that he was throwing at Matt.

But then Matt started hitting Eric back and Ellie got hit by accident. She yelped slightly and jumped back, pressing a hand to her face where she'd been hit. Tears filled her eyes and she tried really hard not to let them spill over.
"Stop it.." She begged them, sniffling a little. "Please just stop it, you're going to get in trouble Eric.." She was trying hard not to cry but her cheekbone hurt where she'd gotten hit, but she was more worried about her friend getting in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student
Archiving and Artifice

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:37 am

The mechanical steps of the large machine were easily audible to any within at least ten meters as it calmly walked through the museum in search of more things to study. Today was a day for knowledge gathering. It had caught the sounds of a large group of organic lifeforms that were probably human. Ninetails subconsciously shadowed this group, but never came into sight. The automaton felt an urge to watch over them. It also felt an urge not to be beaten, or screamed at. As these were the case, Ninetails stayed just around the corner or in the next corridor over, but always within hearing range. It's mission to look for new knowledge was forgotten. Human children were such curious little things. They could cruel, or kind. In reality, Ninetails thought, they were not terribly different from their older counterparts in this regard. The children were just as diverse. The last time a child had seen this machine, it had gaped and shouted happy things. The time before that, the three children accompanying the witness threw rocks. Perhaps it was best that it continued following these children. Humans required more study. Upon coming to a real, solid decision, Ninetails pulled it's tails closer to it's body and crouched low while slowly following the progress of the children. Now, it's steps were nearly silent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in the Museum   Adventures in the Museum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventures in the Museum
Page 1 of 1