Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_vote_lcapUnder the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_voting_barUnder the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_vote_lcapUnder the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_voting_barUnder the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) Empty
PostSubject: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:08 am

Ellie carefully climbed out of the window of the orphanage and stepped out into the darkness. She imagined that she was escaping from prison or something. She was dressed in dark clothing so as not to be as noticeable, and she hoped that no one would catch her. She really hoped that no policemen would find her and call the orphanage. She'd really be in trouble then. But if all went well, she'd be back before anyone knew she was gone.

The girl slipped out through the gate and then walked along the street until she came to her stargazing spot. She tried to come here every night, if only for just a few minutes. She was glad it was a clear, starry night because she could see plenty of stars, all around. Ellie smiled slightly to herself as she sat in the grass at the top of the quiet little hill, and tilted her head up to look at the sky full of stars. The moon was rather bright too, and she thought it was really pretty.

Having settled into her spot, Ellie laid back in the soft grass and stared upward at the stars. She searched carefully for any sign of anything moving, that might possibly be a space ship or shuttle or whatever they called them. Could her daddy possibly be up there somewhere? He had to be. He would come home someday, she was positive of it. She couldn't give up hoping.

Suddenly she had tears in her eyes. She tried to force them back, but her vision became blurry and she sat up and hugged her knees to her chest. It had just occurred to the girl that today was her daddy's birthday. She missed him so much, and before she knew it she was starting to sob. She couldn't seem to stop once she had started. She wanted him to come home now. Not someday.. now! Why did he have to go off into space in the first place?

She hugged her knees tighter and continued to cry, sobbing so hard she was shaking a little. She felt so lonely.. and scared. She realized she couldn't really remember what he looked like anymore. She just kept picturing an astronaut, and putting his face behind the mask in her mind's eye, which she only remembered from the tiny photograph she had of her dad and mom from the locket that was her mother's. Ellie was scared that she could forget what her daddy looked like. What if she didn't recognize him when he did come home? Or worse.. what if he never came home at all?

Last edited by Emma/Ellie on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
SuperNova
Newb
Newb
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:56 am

Nova was walking down a street, giving out a rather long sigh. He was overall exhausted today. Too many smells and tastes, too many people giving him strange looks, too much explaining why he was doing this or that, to many getting thrown out of an establishment for letting his curiosity get to him...really, couldn't these beings just let him walk around in peace. He shook his head as he walked. He was heading back to his Delectabit for some sleep. Maybe he would take it up to the atmosphere, or maybe he would just stare up at the transparent ceiling towards the stars and map out his next trajectory. He actually wanted to try Planet One...

Suddenly, before his ears could detect it, he smelt a very intriguing mixture. What humans had yet to fully grasp was that every being gave off a scent, a unique mixture of pheromones, the fragrance of their planet, of their eating habits, lifestyle, sex, emotional state, age, cologne/perfume, etc. There were some general underlying scents for groups. Like all humans had a very light metallic, alkaline scent with a bit of soap. But, essentially, their scent was comparative to finger or tongue print...unique. Well, besides twins, but that was another case entirely.

The smell was being carried by the wind from a hill behind a fence. "Human, female sex, young...and sad," he thought, frowning. A sadness so profound as only a child can feel, and one strong enough that he could actually smell it from this distance. He quickly  checked his Saturnyn Perception Filter, making sure he was still the Caucasian, blue eyed, blonde haired, slightly heavy bodied English bloke with that little bit of stubble that it portrayed. He didn't exactly want to frighten of the child.

He nimbly jumped over the fence, and made his way up onto the grass, his bare feet feeling the slightly wet grass below him. It was then that he began hearing clearly the sound of sobs. He frowned even more. He didn't like it when the young of a species cried. It meant something was wrong, and needed to be fixed.Much like if the young was silent for too long. Young made noise, and laughed, and run and jumped and lived and played. Anything other then that, and something was profoundly wrong.

As he made his way up, he get a better look at the being that cried. The being that cried had brown hair, and was wearing darkish clothes, with light skin. As he got closer, the being that cried smelled of human, but also with a bit more extra, the smell that allowed him to identify individuals. He slowed down his walk, coming in from the side. He quietly made his way to her, and sat down next to her, knees up against his chest. He looks over at her "And for what reasons does the young being next to me cry?" He asks in a soft, friendly tone, one he had cultivated over the years as he traveled and met new beings. He found beings to be much more open when he sounded this way.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Ellie was a little startled when someone walked up and sat next to her. She looked up from crying into her knees, and with tears streaking her face, she looked wide eyed at the stranger. It took her a moment to figure out exactly what it was he was asking, because she had never heard anyone word things like that before. She sniffled and took a couple of shaky, sobby breaths and tried to calm down enough to be able to speak.

After a moment she had quieted enough for speech. Sniffling, she wiped her eyes with her sleeves and then hugged her knees tighter against her chest.
"M-my daddy.." She answered with a trembling voice. She felt tears filling her eyes again but she fought to keep them from spilling over. "I.. I miss him so much." She added in a whisper, trying hard not to start crying again. She tried to dry her eyes but her sleeves were already a little damp so it didn't do that much good.

"He's going to come back someday.." She said quietly, putting her head down on her knees with a sniffle. She had been saying that ever since she was five, when he disappeared. But this time she wasn't so sure she believed it anymore, and she could hear the lack of belief in her own voice. "He has to come back.." She added more quietly. She could still hear that meanie kidnapper guy, saying 'no one is coming for you!'. At the time she insisted fiercely that he was coming for her, even though she knew that her dad wouldn't be coming to save her from that situation, but she wanted the meanie to think that her dad was coming even though he wasn't. But his words still bothered her.

She didn't want to believe what everyone had been telling her all these years, but maybe it was true. Maybe he really was dead, not just missing, and maybe he was never coming back. Ellie sniffled, fighting tears again. She didn't to accept it, but maybe it was the truth. What then? She looked up quietly and looked at the stranger who had sat next to her. "I.. I think.. my daddy is.. gone." She said quietly and a bit haltingly, between struggling not to start crying again. A tear ran down her cheek and she sniffled and glanced up at the starry sky with more tears in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Newb
Newb
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Nova looked out towards the darkened sky dotted with the light of cosmic bodies, radiating life towards the rest of the Universe.. Then, of course, was Earths satellite, big and bright against the night sky, showing and leading the way out of a darkened world, a world amiss from the sun for a couple of hours. It was an amazing  night, however, he will admit that. There was not a single cloud in the sky, the heavens opened up in front of him and the being that cried.

As he heard the young one, the being that cried, call out about a father, he began to understand. His heart went to the young one, for the absence of a loved one is a cruel harsh reality that a young one should never have to experience, for some parts of reality should be saved for a different time. Seeing this young one go through the trials of having an absent loved one moved him greatly, not having met one with such gravity on his travels.

"A loved one,"Nova says, his voice calm and patient,"is never truly gone, young being. This Father being of yours, he has influenced you from your conception to forever. You have half of him as your very being. His very essence is inside of you, and his influence on you from your younger years will stay with you till the end. Wherever this Father being of yours is now, even if he has become stardust once more, he will forever be a part of your life. It may be hard, the young being that you are, to have to deal with the absence of a loved one, and it is a harsh reality that my personal conviction leads me to believe that it should never occur, and should at the very least be mitigated, but you are an adaptable being, and being quite young, quite more adaptable then elders of the same beinghood. Make use of it..." he trailed off, looking towards the being that cries with a curious stare.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:37 pm

Confusion now caused Ellie to stop crying, and stare in puzzlement at the stranger. She took a moment to decipher what he was saying, and wondered if anyone besides this guy seriously talked like that. She frowned a little as she thought over what he said and tried to translate it in her head. She thought the gist of what he was saying was something like;

"A loved one/relative is not gone, child. Your father has influenced you from your birth, and will forever. He is a part of you. His influence on you will stay with you for your whole life. Wherever your father is now, even if he is no longer alive, he will always be part of your life. It may be hard for you, being a child, to deal with the absence of a loved one. It is a harsh reality that I believe should never occur, or at least should be less severe. You are adaptable because you are young, and because of that you are much more adaptable than older people, so make use of it."

That was the general idea she got from having translated his words the best she could. She thought that was pretty much what he meant. She looked quizzically at him.
"Why do you talk like that?" She asked curiously. She sniffled and wiped her eyes again, then glanced back up at the sky and sighed. "I.. know all that," She said, in reply to what the stranger had said. "But.. I'm kinda scared that I'll forget him completely. I already have trouble remembering him sometimes." She said, sniffling. "I only have a tiny little picture of him and that's the only way I can remember what he looked like.. other than that I just keep seeing him as an astronaut in a space suit." She frowned and looked down with a sigh. "I just want him to come home. He always comes home.. he's just lost or something.."

She really tried to make herself believe it, but she couldn't help wondering if she was trying to convince herself to believe a lie, like children who began to doubt that Santa Clause was real but stubbornly tried to continue believing in him. She wondered if she was being silly, trying to believe that her dad was still alive somewhere. She bit her lip, hesitating before looking at the stranger. "Am I.. being stupid, trying to believe that?" She asked in a whisper, a little reluctant to ask.
Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Newb
Newb
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Nova chuckled a bit at the being who cried firsts question. "Why do I talk like this?" He said to himself with a small smile. He had gotten weird looks from beings on this planet when he had talked like this, but this being was the first to actually question. "Well, look at your own speech patterns, young being. You copied the speech of your group, as I did as well. I talk this way because I was surrounded as a young being by beings who also spoke this way." He finished off, hand brushing his hair as some memories of his youth filled his mind, traveling on a Delectabit through space with his group. Such wonderful times.

He listened to the young being continue to talk, nodding as the being who cried spoke of the Father being drifting away from memory via the progression of time. He knew he wouldn't be able to relate to the being, but he could indeed sympathize. He looked up into the inky black sky, wondering if the being who cried Father being was out there right now. Hearing of the young beings wish for the Father being to return made him sigh out lightly, turning his head from the moon to the child, still seeing the trail of a tear glistening from the moonlight on her cheek.

Hearing her final question, he searched for the right words to voice. "No,there is no stupidity in believing that your Father being will return from his journey. Be forewarned though, do not let this belief take precedent of your life. A belief of any kind that inhibits your ability to live life freely, is a belief not worth the trouble. If this belief doesn't inhibit that, then there is no stupidity, only something that keeps you moving forward," Nova finished, lying down his back on the dewy grass, arms behind head, knees still up, looking upward.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:08 am

Ellie listened to the stranger who explained that he talked like this because the people he grew up around talked like that. She thought it was a bit of a strange way to talk, and a little confusing, but she didn't say so. She remembered that grown ups always told her not to talk to strangers, but he seemed nice so she thought it was probably ok for her to talk to him. He didn't seem like he was a bad person, and he was trying to help her feel better.

She wiped her eyes and listened as he answered her question. She smiled faintly to hear him say that it wasn't stupid to keep holding onto her hope that her dad would come back. As he went on to say that she shouldn't let this hinder her in life, the girl nodded slightly. She didn't think she was letting it hinder her. She thought it seemed more like something that helped her get through the hard times.

She watched the stranger lay back on the grass.
"Thank you for coming to talk to me." She said, smiling slightly. "What's your name? I'm Ellie." She told him. She looked up at the stars and smiled faintly. She tried to imagine what it would be like to travel in space, but she wasn't sure. She only knew what she'd seen in movies and stuff, which weren't that many. She'd read a few books too, but most of the books she read weren't space related, due to those being hard to find usually.
Back to top Go down
SuperNova
Newb
Newb
SuperNova

PostSubject: Re: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:02 pm

"Ellie...Ellie...Ellie...," he said to himself lightly under his breathe. He took a deep breathe through his nose, singling out the being who cried scent. He then made the switch, now substituting the being who cried with Ellie. He would be pretty sure he would be able to identify Ellie in the future from now on, unless something major happened to Ellies genetic makeup, or coming into contact with certain materials, or anything along those lines.

He turned his head to Ellie as Ellie asked for his name, and turned his head back to the sky, searching for the star system, and pointed. "My name is Nova Arrakis Polaris. There was a Nova, or the death of a star, happening in the Polaris star system, that also consumed the planet Arrakis. My group was there to witness it at my birth, and decided to name me after the event," he finished off with a smile. He often times got many interesting reactions to this story, which is why he often told it when being introduced.

"Is there any story behind your name? Any meaning? Or are you the one to give it meaning for future generations to tell stories of?" He asked her. He was actually surprised how short her name was. He thought, at least, that humans had at the least two. Or maybe that was just some of the time. Maybe they didn't choose their second part of the name till later. Or maybe one name was the norm, and he had just experienced some of the exceptions. He shrugged to himself in the end, going back to looking at the Polaris star system.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:19 am

Ellie listened as the man repeated her name a few times. She figured he was probably just trying to make sure he remembered what to call her. She'd known of grown ups to do that before, so it didn't seem too weird to her. She waited for him to tell his name so she'd know what to call him. She figured his name probably wasn't 'stranger'. She thought it would be weird if it was, though someone interesting she supposed.

But instead, he said that his name was Nova Arrakis Polaris. Ellie had heard of a star called Polaris, she remembered her daddy telling her something about it. Or maybe just mentioning it once. She couldn't remember. But Nova had a cool story to go along with it, saying he was born while his family was watching a star die in a nova. She looked curiously at Nova and thought about that for a moment.

Then he asked if there was a story behind her name.
"Oh, well yeah sort of." She said, shrugging. "My full name's Electra Alice Storms." She told him. "My dad really liked the name Electra, so he wanted to give me that name. And he also insisted on my middle name being Alice, because that was my mom's name." She added quietly. "And, well my last name is Storms because that was my dad's last name.."

She wasn't quite sure, but it sounded almost as if Nova's family did names differently, like just gave him his last name, instead of using whatever his parent's last name was. She wondered about this for a moment, then looked at him curiously.
"Are you from Earth or somewhere else?" She asked, quite serious, and calm. She didn't think she'd be too surprised if he said he was from Mars or some planet she'd never heard of. She'd met quite a few aliens this year already, so why not one more?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)   Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Under the Stars (Ellie/Nova)
Page 1 of 1