Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_voting_barPest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_voting_barPest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 10:57 am

As Clara sat in the dark in fear there was something in the shadows watching her. The feint sounds of chatting like teeth while being spoken into words were all around. The tothsome, or weevils as they were known to some humans, were looking at her and muttering among themselves what to do or something else they had in mind for her.

Given how feint the lighting was Clara would likely only make out a few here-and-there. There humanoid bodies and rat-like faces with the beady eyes all looked at her. There was only a few but there was no telling how many more were nearby. All were waiting for something while Clara was in their domain.

Zalatar was searching through the sewers calling out "Commander Clara!" for her. He'd already been looking for 5 minutes and found nothing. Wherever the creatures had taken her he would find them and make them suffer for what they've done.

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 11:08 am

As Clara listened, she began to hear little noises. Her breathing came a little faster, and she began to think that she must be hearing rats. She opened her eyes wide and turned her head to look around, but the lack of light made it impossible to tell what was around her. She became more fearful, not knowing where she was or what was around her.

Before long, the frightened young woman began to cry softly, hugging her knees close to her chest.
"I.. don't know where I am.." She sobbed quietly. She was lost down in the sewer, with no idea where she was or how to get back. She couldn't even see to try and find a passage to take her back to someplace she would recognize, and there were rats.. or something.. scurrying all around her.

After a moment she quieted down and wiped her eyes, remembering that Zalatar was around somewhere. Maybe he was searching for her, and maybe she would be rescued. She wished she'd brought a flashlight. Sniffling, she stared into the dark and tried to see.. anything. But she only heard strange noises, which she realized now was not actually a sound rats would make, or so she was pretty sure.

In fact, it was almost as if there was something.. communicating? Clara hesitated briefly, trying to be sure of this. It did sound like there was something in the dark that was communicating with something else in the dark, not too far away.
"Wh-who's there?" She called out nervously, wondering if perhaps it was someone who might help her. But, then again, it could be something wanting to kill her. She wasn't sure what to do, but she realized that crying and sitting there in fear was not going to help her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 11:17 am

Before long after Clara was calling out the weevil came out of the darkness and surrounded her. They didn't attack but they did search her. They pulled at her as they looked through what she had, pulling out any pieces of technology she had on her. When they finished they dropped her before coming back to what looked like a patch-work satellite.

Clara would be able to see that the device had a number of objects from cell phones and beepers to even a toaster and a watch attached to it with crude wiring. The weevil were watching as one or two would attach what they found on Clara to it.

As they did they made sure Clara didn't get close, snarling at her or pushing her back. Obviously this thing, whatever it was, was important to them.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Before long, Clara began to notice that the area around her was getting lighter. She was glad for this, but then she saw some rather horrible looking monsters venturing out of the darkness. She backed away slightly but she didn't really have anywhere to go. She didn't know what they were, or what they wanted, but something told her whatever it was, it wasn't good.

"Who are you?" She asked, nervous. "What do you want?" She looked around at the creatures, wondering if they meant her harm or if they were perhaps friendly. She didn't want to judge them based on how they looked, but honestly, they were quite frightening looking.

Then suddenly they grabbed her and began to search her pockets and things.
"Oi! Let me go!" She demanded, trying to sound authoritive but somewhat failing. "Stop that right this instant or I'll.. call my Ice Warrior." She attempted to threaten them, but she wasn't very good at it, and they could probably tell it.

"Leave me alone you dirty old.. oomph!" She was about to try another threat, when they dropped her and took off with her cell phone. Clara pushed herself up to a sitting position and rubbed her elbow where she had landed on it, and looked to see what they were up to. She frowned, seeing the strange thing they were working on.

Slowly, she stood up and ventured closer, curiosity getting the better of her. As she approached, a couple of the monsters turned and snarled at her. Clara hesitated.
"It's alright, I'm just trying to see.." She began, taking a cautious step forward as she spoke. She was cut off by one of the monsters shoving her backward so hard she fell onto the ground, wincing a little. "Alright, alright, no need to get ugly about it.." She said, then refrained from giggling at her joke about not needing to get ugly, since they already were quite so.

Clara picked herself back up and took a couple of steps back, getting some distance between herself and these creatures. Glancing around, she looked for some sort of exit route. There was a bit more light than when she woke up, but she still couldn't see into the shadows around the edges of the room. Still, she was pretty sure she saw a tunnel off to the left a ways. She glanced toward the creatures, and saw that they were pretty preoccupied with the device they were working on adding her cell phone into.

It was a perfect chance to escape. Clara began to edge toward the place she thought might be a tunnel, and as she got closer, her eyes adjusted a little, and she could faintly make out the outline of the tunnel mouth. She spared a last glance over her shoulder at the creatures, then hurried over to the tunnel, arms outstretched so that she could hopefully find a wall with her hands before she ran into it. She was desperate to get as far away from this place as she could, and she hoped that the monsters didn't chase her.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Eventually Clara managed to get a little ways from where the nest of creature were and continued venturing through the sewers. However she'd only gotten so far before running into two more weevils. They snarled at her and snapped as they saw her, taking steps towards her with the intent to kill.

before they could however two red eyes appeared from behind them in the darkness. A hissing sound caught their attention before both were caught by the necks by the Ice Warrior's large claws. They struggled fruitlessly before Zalatar hissed angrily before snapping their necks. With the weevils dead he dropped their bodies and looked to Clara.

"Are you unharmed, Commander Clara?" he asked with a hiss. While waiting for her answer he said "I apologize for not protecting you better. I should have acted sooner."

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Clara was wishing she hadn't lost her cell phone to the monsters, because then she could've used it for a light. Why hadn't she thought of that before? She mentally berated herself for not thinking of that, but it was too late to change anything now. She continued along the passage as fast as she dared, being unable to see anything in front of her. She kept one hand on the wall, slightly in front of her, to check for any corners, while the other hand she kept outstretched in front of her to keep from bumping into anything.

Through a shaft of light from somewhere above, Clara was able to see a little bit ahead of her in one spot. Before she had a chance to feel happy about this, two more monsters appeared out of the darkness and lunged for her. She let out a half-gasp, half-shriek as she jumped backward to avoid them, and quickly tried to think of what to do. She had nothing to defend herself with, and she doubted her fists would do any good against them.

Then, suddenly, like a knight in shining armor, or a martian in Ice Warrior armor more like, Zalatar came to the rescue.
"Zalatar! Oh, am I glad to see you!" Clara exclaimed in relief, after watching as he swiftly eliminated the threat, and then apologized for taking so long to rescue her and failing to prevent her being grabbed in the first place. She actually thought that was a bit sweet, but she didn't say so.

She smiled a little at him when he asked if she was alright.
"Yeah, I'm fine.. I think." She said, very glad that he was on her side. "There were a lot of those monsters, off that way." She pointed the way she had come. "They've got a sort of.. thing, they took my cell phone and started trying to like, I dunno, wire it in or something.. and they wouldn't let me near whatever it is they're working on." She told him.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Zalatar had looked to where she pointed before hearing of the weevils taking her cellphone. He hissed as he thought to himself while looking around to see if any more of them were around or planning to attack.

He looked back to her as he explained "The toothsome are scavenging creatures. It is hard to hypothesize how they came to earth in some many numbers. But perhaps they are trying to create a device for the means of bringing more." He looked back to where she said they were before saying "They must be dealt with immediately."

With that in mind Zalatar primed the weaponry on his armor. He held both arms up and hissed with a sly intent of killing every last one of the weevils. After he felt ready he started walking towards the area where they were hiding with the device.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:33 pm

Clara listened as Zalatar told her somewhat about the monsters, which he called Toothsome. She frowned a little, thinking about the information he had about them.
"What do they want here, though?" She wondered out loud, curious. She didn't think it was good if they were trying to bring more of themselves to Earth.

She watched Zalatar head off down the tunnel to deal with the Toothsome. She hesitated, not sure what she ought to do. She knew she couldn't really help Zalatar.. she was thinking of calling him Zal, at least in her head.. in his efforts to fight them.
"Um, just don't.. shoot my cell phone." She called after him, not quite sure what else to say. She trailed after him a safe distance back, planning to watch from a safe distance away. Mostly, she didn't want to be left alone in the dark, but also she thought she might be able to do something to help.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:41 pm

When she mentioned he didn't want her cell phone destroyed Zalatar stopped and looked back to say "As you command." before walking again.

The weevils surrounding the makeshift device had still not noticed Clara's escape. They were still preoccupied with their machine to have. But it did come to a point where the machine was glowing, the weevils giving more happy pleased grunts and snarls as it meant whatever it was was working. However the celebration was short as the Ice Warrior stomped through into the room and stopped when all saw him.

"Toothsome." he addressed them with a hiss. "You have officially declared yourselves enemies to my commander and her planet. Therefore you will face execution!"

With that he began firing on them, killing a few in the process. Some ran while others stood and fought, running towards him only to be knocked back or swatted by his strengthen battle armor. Some tried to attack Clara when they saw her but Zalatar was quick to defend her, not wanting to fail his commander again. Some even tried using pipes as weapons and banged against his helmet, but that only served to anger the Martian more as he laid waste to them with his blasters.

With the many that fell Zalatar watched as the remaining weevils ran off and away from the device, fearing for their lives. The ice warrior regained himself while hissing and breathing like he was full of life. Truly this was a glorious battle for him. Not long but glorious enough to lighten his spirits.

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Clara backed away against the wall as the fighting started. She would have helped in some way, but she really didn't know what to do. She tried to keep her ears covered from the sound of the Ice Warrior's guns. She wished they had a silent gun, but that would probably be too much to hope for.

As she saw the Toothsome beginning to abandon their device to defend themselves, Clara decided that now was a good chance to get a closer look at it. She glanced over to where Zal was fighting, then ran over to the contraption that they were building, which seemed to be glowing. That was probably a bad sign. She looked over the strange device, wondering what it was for and how it worked.

A few of the Toothsome tried to attack her, but thankfully they were stopped by Zal before they got too close. Clara thought for a bit, looking over the odd device, then she spotted her cell phone and tried to figure out how to unattach it from the contraption.

She traced the wires over to where they were connected, then began to carefully detach the wires from her phone. She hoped it wasn't a bomb or something, that might explode if she unplugged something. She was hoping that, by detaching her cell phone from the device, it would stop the Toothsome's contraption from doing whatever it was currently trying to do.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:38 pm

After catching his breath from the excitement Zalatar looked to see what Clara was doing and said "Hold, Commander! You may risk destroying yourself before the device." He walked over and moved her aside before saying "Allow me to examine."

He held his arm out and waited for the hacking wires from his finger-tips to sprout. Once they did they attached to some of the nearby machines and wires on the device which he began to scan. It took a few moments before he finished, still keeping his hand on the device while looking back to Clara to explain.

"It appears to be the source of the communication signals. This device is crude but is able to send a signal out into the solar system. It would appear to be a distress call, signaling to any other toothsome ships or clans out in space to retrieve them from Earth." He waited a moment for Clara to take it in before asking "Shall I destroy it, Commander Clara?"

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Clara stepped back to allow Zal to examine the device. She was surprised when he said that it was a distress beacon. She hadn't expected that. She looked over the device thoughtfully as Zal asked her what he wanted her to do. Should they destroy it, or should they let the distress signal continue?

Clara hesitated, debating over the two options. It was a somewhat tough decision to make, and so she tried to think of the pros and cons of both options. If all they wanted to do was go home, then they should let the signal continue so they can leave the Earth, instead of being stranded here where they would either kill people, or be killed by people. But, if they let the signal continue, there would be more Toothsome coming and they might decide to join their forces and invade the Earth, instead of going home.

After a moment of indecision, Clara tried to think of what the Doctor would do in this situation. She finally came to the conclusion that the Doctor would show mercy, and let them go home peacefully. She felt quite sure that's what he would do, and she felt like that was the best option. She nodded slightly to herself as she came to this decision.
"No, don't destroy it." She answered Zal quietly. "If they want to go home, then we should allow them to go in peace."
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 4:12 pm

After hearing her decision Zalatar hissed in protest. Martian commanders were smarter than this, though he couldn't account for human one. But to let an enemy device stay intact was a definite mistake in his books. He had to convince her otherwise.

"Commander I must protest." he hissed. "The toothsome are enemies. We cannot allow for more of thier numbers to come to Earth. What if the ones stationed here have information and are planning for an invasion? It is far to risky an option. We must destroy it."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 4:45 pm

As Zalatar began to argue with her, Clara tried to keep firm on her decision. She folded her arms and looked down for a moment as she thought over his argument, saying that they might come and invade instead of just going home. She looked back up at him.
"Yes, I've thought of that, thanks." She replied, slightly annoyed because she'd already weight the options and she had decided that it was best to show them mercy.

She looked at the device that Zal wanted to destroy, and thought about how to handle this. She really hated the idea of killing all those aliens and not even giving them a chance to get away. And it also sort of annoyed her that Zal asked if he should destroy it, then argued when she said no.
"Sorry, would you question the decisions of your commander if I were a martian?" She asked, raising an eyebrow, having to tilt her head back just to look up at him.

As soon as she said it she worried she may have said the wrong thing. What if it angered the Martian? What if he rebelled against her? She tried not to let on that she was suddenly worried, and quickly tried to think of something else to say to make her words less harsh.
"When the Doctor and I met your Grand Marshall Skaldak, he was stranded on Earth, alone, and he believed all his people were gone." She began quietly. "The other humans with us at the time were frightened, because to them he was a terrifying threat to be eliminated. But the Doctor did everything he could to keep them from attacking him. He worked very hard to help Skaldak get home, and to help there be peace between the humans and Skaldak." She paused, gathering her thoughts briefly before she continued.

"I ask that we show the same courtesy to these Toothsome. Yes, I know that they may decide to invade Earth instead of leave it. But we don't know that they would do that. For all we know, they could be afraid, and desperate to leave this planet before they're all killed." She looked up at him imploringly. "There is honor in showing mercy to your enemies." She said quietly. She wasn't sure what the Ice Warrior may say to this, but she really hoped that he wouldn't decide to go against her in this. She wasn't sure what she would do if he did.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 4:54 pm

At first Zalatar didn't appreciate her tone when she'd said that she already though of the device's destruction. But then she'd made the remark of him paying more respect to a martian than her. This angered him as meant to say that she was either better or at the same level of Martian command.

He wanted to say something to he before she began her story about Skaldak. Though he knew the story he did not know half the details that Clara shed light onto him now. As she told him of the peace that wa brought and how there was honor to be found in mercy, Zalatar hissed lowly. It was hard to say if it was out of anger or regret but it was clear he was beginning to resent his original answer. The more he listened the more his gaze went down to the floor.

"You....shame me, Commander Clara." he said before letting go of the machine. "The device will be unharmed, as you have ordered."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 5:11 pm

After the words were out of her mouth, Clara kept wondering if she had made him angry with her. She didn't know quite what to expect, and she hoped she didn't make an enemy of him instead of an ally. Hearing his hiss, she wondered if it meant he was angry. It was hard to tell much about him, and she felt a bit anxious as she waited for him to reply.

When he did, at first she wasn't sure if she had done the wrong thing, because he said that she had shamed him. Was he angry about that? Did he mean she had caused him dishonor? But then he said he would do as she had ordered, and she took it as a good sign that he only meant he was sorry for arguing with her over the matter.

She nodded slightly in reply.
"Thank you." She said quietly. Now, the only thing to worry about was what may happen when the distress signal was heard, and a Toothsome ship came for them. She really hoped that they would only take their friends and leave, but there was no guarantee that they wouldn't stick around and try to attack the Earth. If it came to that, then she would allow Zalatar to fight them. But only if they did anything beyond coming to rescue their friends.

Taking a deep breath, Clara glanced around.
"Alright, now the question is, how long do you think it might take for the rescue ship to come for them?" She asked, her tone more cheerful now. She didn't want to have to wait forever to find out what would happen, and she also wouldn't want to think everything was solved, go home, and then find out the ship came and killed everyone while she was sitting at home drinking tea.  "Also.. can we get my cell phone off of the device without deactivating it?" She asked hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:52 am

Zalatar's first action was to retrieve her phone. He carefully detached it from the machine via his hacking wires before handing it to her. Then, when assessing her question of how long it would be for the weevil's signal, he looked back to the machine and examined further.

"The signal is still weak." he hissed. "Though given enough power, the toothsome may be able to boost their signal. But there is no sufficient power source. They require a quantum energy battery. Nothing as such exists on Earth. They can only reach out into the solar system, and there is no guarantee a ship would be nearby."

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Clara considered what Zal had said. That meant that it was possible that they could be stick on Earth for a very long time. She wondered if there might be any way that they could boost the signal for them, and help them get home faster. She was sure that if the Doctor were there, he could probably just use his sonic screwdriver and do something, or else he might be able to use the Tardis to do it. But the Doctor wasn't here, and Clara wasn't sure how to go about doing something like that.

Turning to Zal, she considered the Ice Warrior for a moment.
"Where would they get a quantum energy battery? And, is there anything else they could use to boost the signal out to their own people?" She asked. "Isn't there something we could use that we could find here?" She asked, thinking. "What is a quantum energy battery, anyway? Could we make one?" She inquired curiously.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Hearing her pleas to try and find a solution Zalatar found it strange that Clara would want to help the weevils after everything they did. They killed one of her kind, possibly more during their time in hiding. They captured her and stole from her and yet still she wanted to help? Why?

Instead of arguing, knowing it would go nowhere, he looked back to the machine and said "The power source from a battery is impossible to find here on Earth. Such a device could only be found from the ship of certain species. The sontarans for example. But none are here. Unless we could find a reasonable source of radiated power. As understand that sort of thing is dangerous to humans. Commander I must insist we leave the toothsome to find their own way. We do not need to do this."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Clara considered this additional information for a moment. She now felt a bit lost on what to do. She wanted to help the aliens get home, without any further bloodshed. But how could they do that, when it seemed as if there was no way for their distress signal to get sent out to their people? She didn't want them to remain stranded on Earth, where they may kill more people, but she didn't seem to have much other options. At the same time, she knew she couldn't just go back home and pretend everything was fine.

There seemed to be only one solution she could think of, and that was to call the Doctor. But he wasn't answering his phone, so what good would it do? After a moment's thought, she decided to try it, just to check. Having got her cell phone back from the device, she went to her contacts and tried the number for the Tardis. She paced around a little absently as she listened to it ring, and ring, and ring.

Just as she expected. No answer, except for the machine. She didn't want to leave a message. She hung up and then sighed, tapping the top of the phone to her chin lightly, deep in thought. Then, she recalled someone else who may be able to help. Someone the Doctor had worked with before, that Clara had encountered once when they air-lifted the Tardis with the Doctor and Clara inside it.

A small smile grew on her face as she remembered that she had a card from UNIT, and she quickly searched in her bag until she found it, a bit crumpled from being down in the bottom regions of her bag, but still quite readable. She held the card up as she dialed the number on her cell phone, then put it to her ear and waited for someone to answer.

After a brief conversation, Clara hung up with a small smile.
"UNIT is on the way." She said, feeling happy for having come up with a solution that should be helpful. She knew they dealt with alien stuff, so they would probably know better how to handle this than her. Plus, if Unit showed up, maybe Clara could ask them if they knew anything about the Doctor's whereabouts. She doubted they would, but she knew they kept tabs on him and such, so maybe they might know something. It was worth a shot, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:29 pm

It didn't take a genius to see Clara was troubled with what to do with the weevils. Zalatar had already given his thoughts, which were shot down by his commander, and was now just waiting to see what she would do given the situation they were in. He still didn't see why they shouldn't either leave or just finish off the remaining Weevils and be done with it. It would have been simpler. Instead he sat and watched out for them to make any moves while Clara was trying to call the Doctor before calling UNIT.

After the conversation ended and Clara told of Unit being on the way, Zalatar hissed a little and said "If you believe this 'unit' more suited to handle the toothsome then so be it, Commander Clara. Perhaps it would be better if I returned to the transport. I doubt more human would take kindly to an Ice Warrior as well as a group of unwanted Toothsome."

With that he started making for the exit they came through, making sure Clara was with him as they left. Once they were outside and returned to the truck he just sat there in the back, waiting for Clara to either prepare him for the trip back to his current base or to give any other commands. he had a less than pleased look on his face, at least from what could be seen with his helmet still on, but said nothing the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:09 pm

Clara glanced over at Zal as he replied to what she'd said. Something told her he didn't care for her calling in UNIT, and she wasn't quite sure what to do about that. He started to walk back, and Clara quickly hurried to follow him. She didn't want to get left behind in the dark, and she also didn't know the way back to the hole, like Zal apparently did.

Climbing carefully up the ladder, Clara was glad to be back up on the street level. Back at the truck, she looked at Zal and thought he looked kind of annoyed. Not that she could tell too much about the Martian, through his armor, and the fact that she wasn't really familiar with Martians and stuff. But she thought he didn't look happy.

She folded her arms and bit her bottom lip lightly as she thought of what to say.
"Guess you're wondering why I made the decision that I made." She commented. She slid onto the end of the tailgate, turned so she was facing halfway toward him, and pulled one knee up with her hands clasped around it to secure it in place. She thought for a moment as she looked over at the Martian.

"I chose to show them mercy because that's what the Doctor would do." She said after a moment. "I know that's what he'd do. And, I've met UNIT people before. They deal with aliens and stuff like this all the time.. way I see it, it's better to let them deal with these guys. I'm also hoping maybe they've heard from the Doctor. It's not likely, but they might know something." She said, still hopeful. She looked at Zal and hoped he would understand now.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Zalatar only sat and listened as she gave her explanation. He did not turn to her or anything, only hissing as he breathed. From Clara's point it would've been hard to tell if he was understanding or taking any of what she said to heart. All that was certain as that he felt confused over it.

"The Doctor taught you mercy?" he asked, still not looking at her. When she confirmed this he replied "I was taught to never let your enemies have a chance to recover. Any inch of recuperation could mean the turn of the tide in a battle. During my fight against the Sontarans I kept to that code. There was one soldier.....crawling for his gun. I stepped on his back to stop him before.....before breaking his skull in." He was quiet to let Clara take him to let that notion sink in before asking "If anyone else was in your position, Commander Clara, would they have made the same choice as you? Would all humans make that decision of mercy?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:02 am

Clara tilted her head slightly as she considered Zalatar's question. Did the Doctor teach her mercy? No, she didn't think so. She thought it was more that her own thoughts on the decision had been confirmed by thinking of what the Doctor would do.

She listened silently as Zalatar told a little about his actions during the war he had fought in. She considered his next question for a moment as well. She wished she could say that they all would show mercy, but she knew that wasn't true.
"No.." She said quietly, with a touch of sadness. "I'd like to say that they would, but that wouldn't be true." She said, frowning. "Most would be afraid of them, and kill them for it. But I do like to believe there are a good number of humans out there who would have mercy." She looked down slightly and sighed.

"You think I made a bad decision, don't you?" She asked, glancing over at Zal. "Maybe I did, but it's made now. I'm sticking to it. And I'm going to try and get UNIT to listen to me, too. I don't want any unnecessary killing." She hesitated. "The Toothsome are
stranded here, probably feeling very lost, and they seem to only want to go home." She let her eyes drift to the ring that she wore on her finger.. the ring that had been her mother's. "I.. know how that feels." She said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 am

It wasn't until she looked at her ring that Zalatar looked over as well. He wasn't sure what the ring's significance was, but knew it was sentimental in some way. The closest thing he had to a momentum was the armor he wore. His red eyes looked from the ring up to her face, eventually turning before she could've noticed. He was silent while still hissing as he breathed. Why was he feeling this way over weevils? Or what it the weevils at all that made him so confused?

"I remembering hearing how Skaldak once claimed a human girl had reminded him of his own daughter." he hissed. "If what you have said is true about your time meeting him, then there was only one human girl he could have known, Commander Clara." He took a deeper breath before finishing with "I still do not agree with the mercy you showed.....but I begin to see why you value it so."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)   Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pest Control (Zalatar, Clara)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next