Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_vote_lcapThe Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_voting_barThe Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_vote_lcapThe Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_voting_barThe Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) Empty
PostSubject: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Over two weeks had passed and there was still no word of the Doctor. The exiled Martian Ice Warrior, Zalatar, was growing ever more impatience with the waiting. If it wasn't for the orders of his Commander, the human Clara Oswald, he'd have started looking on his own by starting with a search through the city of London.Naturally he knew humans running in fear of a warrior like him would bring the Doctor running.

Zalatar's only hiding space was a garbage dump field not too far from where his commander taught in school. Every time she would come it would either be for news of the Doctor or to bring him food. In the meantime Zalatar had managed to set-up a makeshift base of sorts in the dump yard by using recycled pieces of whatever he could find. Anyone who wandered too close he managed to scare off without being seen, thanks to a few hints and tricks Clara had given him. All the while he was scanning through messaging and communications systems, via his armor, to track for any news of the Doctor; or any alien signs or signals.

Only once had anything been found, and Zalatar tried not to think of the events with the weevils in Cardiff. For now he only worried about finding the Doctor in the hopes he could help restore his honor and return to the home planet of Mars as a true Ice Warrior again.

But a said before the waiting was getting to Zalata. So much that, while he sat and waited, he began to think back to the feeling of being on Mars compared to Earth. The cold air was replaced by constant rain and hot winds. The red visage of the skies was an unsettling blue. And the smell was replaced by garbage.

It angered him so much he started lash out at piles of junk, thrashing and firing his sonic blasters at random piles and scaring away birds and cats and rats. He was just growing so tired of all this.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Theta was having lunch with a homeless man.

Strangely enough, this wasn't a rare occurrence. When visiting Earth, the young Timelord would often times search out some random bloke and take him to the nearest restaurant selling chips. Perhaps it was him trying to be nice, paying for a random stranger's lunch...but it was more likely that he just wanted to have someone to blabber to for the afternoon.

"So then, the Draconian says "I demand to be taken to your leader", then the kid takes him to his parents! Their faces when they saw me, him, and a Draconian out on their front doorstep...priceless!"

Theta laughed at his own retelling of one of his adventures, reaching across the table to one of the large chip baskets in the middle and grabbing some more chips for himself. Across from him, the old homeless man managed to look confused while still gobbling down about 100 chips a second.

"...I don't get i', wa's a Draconan?"

"They're, you know...big lizard guys" the homeless man's look remained blank "Eh, whatever, you lot won't see one of them for at least another thousand years"

He was about to reach for another helping of chips from his own basket, when a beeping sound distracted him. Theta glanced down to his right pocket, pulling out a small flashing rod-like thing. In reality, it was his sonic screwdriver. And it had just detected alien activity... in a time before there was alien tech on Earth. He stood up from his seat, slapping a twenty onto the table to pay for their food.

"Sorry Barney, gotta run, the sonic's detecting something that shouldn't be here!" he dashed out the door and followed the sonic's readings of where the alien tech was, not even hearing the homeless man shouting after him "It's Rodney!"

The signal eventually led him to a junk yard, which was in a state indeed. Not that junkyards weren't normally in a state...but this one was particularly messed up. Piles of garbage were turned over and littered more of the ground than normal, and there were mysterious single marks everywhere.

"That wasn't a very nice thing to do, now was it?" Theta called, slowly venturing further into the landfill "What has this garbage ever done to you? Except, you know, smell and stuff..."
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:51 pm

With all the commotion and thrashing Zalatar was causing he didn't hear anyone until someone called what the garbage had ever done to him. He stopped and looked towards the source, not seeing anyone. Whoever it was they were close, possibly armed. He couldn't be sure but as a soldier he didn't want to take that chance. He primed one of the blasters on his armor as he slowly approached towards one hill of garbage where he thought the person was behind.

"Whoever you are, leave this place." he hissed while still sneaking around; little hard for a Martian in armor but still. "What I do here is none of your concern. Not unless this garbage is sentient, which as far as I have seen is not."

Zalatar was half-hoping that his voice alone would scare whoever it was off. At one point he'd done so to a homeless man who'd wandered in search of scraps of food but came dangerously close to finding his base. Other times he would appear in the distance to a group of teenagers or the like and scare them off when they though they were seeing a ghost. He wondered what it would take to make this one run.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:10 pm

"Well, I expect it might be my concern, seeing as you have technology that shouldn't be on Earth for at least a couple hundred more years" he slowly followed the sound of the unknown voice, stepping slowly and cautiously just in case whoever it was decided to attack "In my experience, aliens don't come to 21st century Earth just to visit with the locals. So tell me, what are you doing here?"

He caught a glimpse of Zalatar through a gap in one of the piles of junk. He was unlike any of the aliens he had ever seen, huge and dressed in an unknown armor. And...and oh crap, he had a blaster. Theta quickly ducked behind the pile he was nearest to. If there was anything he'd learned about armed and possibly hostile aliens in his years of travelling...it was to be out of their range of fire. Not that it stopped him from confronting them a lot of the time, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:20 pm

The way this human spoke he could tell he was young by the sound of his voice, yet there was something off about what he said as well. He spoke of technology not being around for a hundred years and mentioned other alien races. Clearly this human was something aside from just a young punk running through the garbage field for whatever reason.

"You seem to know a great deal about 'aliens' and the technology of this planet." he hissed while still looking. "Though my presence here is no concern of yours, boy." When he heard something ducking nearby he quickly turned and pointed his blaster towards the sound before threatening "I give you this chance to leave. My honor dictate only one offering before I am forced to use lethal methods."
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Theta resisted the urge to look around the corner of where he was hiding. He clutched his sonic screwdriver tighter and chuckled lightly, rolling his eyes at the ice warrior's threatening tone.

"You, give me a chance to leave? Haha, I don't think you know who you're dealing with! When I find something that doesn't belong, it takes a hell of a lot of effort to get rid of me. Look, all I'm asking is why are you here? That isn't that hard of a question, is it?" he looked around the corner and grinned at Zalatar "C'mon, say it with me; I'm here because..."
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 pm

He'd given his warming but this human, or whatever he was, obviously didn't get the idea of how serious Zalatar was with his threats. As much as he wanted to blast this boy here and now he knew his commander would not be happy with that, given she was always telling him to show a little mercy.

Instead Zalatar fired warning shots towards him and the pile of garbage he hid behind. He waited to see how he would react while hissing to try and show more intimidation. It was a good think his helmet was on and his face mostly covered to hide the twitch in his eye and he played scare tactics. It was time to see if this boy would blink first.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:41 pm

"Woah!"

Theta ducked back behind the pile of garbage, throwing his arms over his head as some pieces from the pile flew out and hit him in the back. Luckily, it was nothing big or sharp, and the worst he would get is a bruise or two.

As soon as the garbage stopped raining down on him, Thet threw himself out from his cover and sprinted towards the next pile which he might hide behind. As he ran, he threw out his sonic arm and buzzed in the direction of Zal's weapon, using a frequency that would hopefully disable the blaster for a short while. Theta didn't wait to check if it worked, for he ducked behind the next pile of garbage as soon as he reached it, ready to keep dodging around if he had to.

((Hey, do you think we should get Clara in on this rp? If you don't want to that's fine, but it just occured to me that we might need someone else to prevent our characters from strangling each other))
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Zalatar had taken aim, ready to fire again, when something weidled by the boy had shorted out his blaster. The feedback from the device created a spark and a small surge that made him drop his arm in pain. After he recovered he realized the only thing that could do that sort of damage was a sonic device. Only one race he knew of had the means for that sort of technology.

"Hold!" he called to the boy while he hid. "Where do you get that device, boy? Did you steal it? Was it given to you? Answer me!" he hissed while waiting to hear the answer.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Theta, hearing the blaster hit the ground, relaxed slightly. Good, now he could get some answers without being shot at every few seconds. Displaying a front of ease, but still wary that the large alien in armor may have other tricks up his sleeve, Theta strolled out into the open. He stopped at what he deemed was a safe enough distance and held up his sonic screwdriver.

"This, here, is my sonic screwdriver. My sonic screwdriver, which I made myself. So no, I did not steal it, though I appreciate your concern" he put the device back into his pocket, but made sure that his hand still lingered around the area, just in case "I've answered your question, now answer mine; who are you? What do you have to gain on Earth?"
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:32 pm

The Ice Warrior was careful about dropping his guard. While he was willing to talk he wasn't stupid to not be ready for any surprises. He simply hissed as he breathed and listened to the boy explain the sonic device was his, peaking his curiosity.

When the boy asked who he was he answered "I am Zalatar of Mars. Ice Warrior of the Olypalma clan. But you. You have a sonic device. That would mean you are a time lord, correct?"

The tone in his voice did show legit curiosity yet the obvious monstrous tone and hissing didn't exactly help. Still he tried to keep a more calming look to make the boy answer as clearly and truthfully as possible. His red eyes looked through the visor of his helmet to take a better look at this child.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:42 am

Theta saw no reason not to be truthful with the Ice Warrior, seeing as even if the alien had some deep-standing grudge against Timelords, he would have a hard time of attacking Theta without a weapon. Well, he was probably big enough to do some damage with his bare hands, but the Timelord was almost certain that he could outrun Zalatar if things came to that.

"Can't exactly say it was nice meeting you, getting shot at and all...but thank you for introducing yourself, Zalatar of Mars" he had never heard of Ice Warriors, the species being non-existent in his home universe, and so his curiosity was peaked at meeting one "I am Theta Sigma of Gallifrey. Timelord of the Prydonian Chapter. But enough with introductions... you never did answer the other part of my question" his eyes narrowed, half in suspicion and half in curiosity. He wasn't leaving till he knew the answer to the question "What exactly is an Ice Warrior like you doing on Earth?"
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:35 pm

The Theta Sigma was unfamiliar to the warrior, but at least he was a timelord. This would help in his search for the Doctor. There was good chance he knew of him, especially since most of the known universe knew of him too. But needing to answer why he was on Earth was a different matter.

"I seek one of your kind. He is known as 'the Doctor'. And He is constantly seen on this planet." he hissed. "But perhaps a fellow timelord, such as you young one, can assist in my search."

He kept out his own story of exile and being recruited by a human as his new commander in order to reclaim his honor. The fact that he didn't truly matter to the situation meant it was of no consequence if this 'Theta' knew or now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)   The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Young at Hearts (Theta Sigma/Zalatar)
Page 1 of 1