The Cheshire's treasure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelica Wylde
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: The Cheshire's treasure   Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Police sirens could be heard in the once calm night, the usual red and blue lights flashing through the dark alleys. A black figure was skillfully running on the rooftops, avoiding the loud noises and lights from down there. The hoodie covering her head. A duffle bag was bouncing on her back, as she jumped from one roof to another, finally stopping when the chaos from the alleys couldn't be heard anymore. 

With a sigh of relief, she sat at the end of the rooftop, letting her legs dangle on the floor. She took the duffle bag and smirked at her prize, letting the hoodie down. Dark brown curly hair was revealed, along with a pair of deep blue eyes, sparking with mischief. "Oh you beauty" She cooed, smirking.

She looked down and her eyes widened as she saw flashing red and blue lights going towards the alley. "S***t!" she cursed, shuffling and putting the hoodie back. She closed the duffle bag, letting it rest on her shoulder again. 

The running started again. The young woman skillfully ran towards on the rooftops, going down the fire escape when the rooftops stopped, ducking in a dark alley. She backed away, until her back hit something. She quickly opened the door, and entered without looking. She frowned upon seeing black doors and then what looked like a...tank fish in the place of walls...her widened eyes followed a fish's movement..."Wait a moment" She mumbled, and turned around slowly. Her eyes widened, and she gazed around at the beautiful huge room"Bloody hell" She breathed, looking around

Last edited by Angelica Wylde on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Theta had been in the study when Angelica found herself in his TARDIS. The looking-to-be 15 year-old had been working on his research project of two months; alternate universe travel. Ever since Sonya had left, which had been about a month ago, Theta had been lonely. So there was nothing to distract him from his new-found obsession of late. Well...aside from the front door slamming. He looked up from the desk he was working at, yellowed papers scattered across it's oak surface messily, with a small lamp illuminating the area.

"Who could be entering the TARDIS at this time of night?" he turned around in his chair and checked the mantle clock which sat above the small fireplace on the opposite wall. It adjusted to the time they were in, and at the moment, it was 11:03. The young Timelord smiled broadly, blue eyes glittering with untamed hope and joy.

"Maybe it's Mal! Or Sonya! Both of them hang around this time a lot"

He leaped out of his chair, discarding his pencil, which almost immediately rolled down and off the desk. Theta didn't notice this, as he was halfway down the hall by now. His tennis shoes slapped against the metal floors as he ran, and he skidded to a stop at the entrance to the console room. It was like always; blue touch hologram controls glowing a cheery blue, hovering a few inches off the console. The white point star in the central hourglass shined dimly. However, all the fish were crowded around a figure by the entrance, their six black eyes sparking curiously, much like their neon scales. One of the glowing green doors hung open, rocking back and forth with a faint 'crreeaakk crreeaakk' in the wind.

Theta stepped forward, expecting one of his friends. But no, it was a stranger, clad in hoodie and looking very flabbergasted. His hoped deflated a little, but it was still amusing to see the person's face; eyes widened comically and mouth agape. Theta walked around the console, stopping in front of the stranger and raising an eyebrow.

"I'm assuming that you don't stumble upon TARDISes often?"

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Angelica sharply turned around, her tall body crouching a bit, looking like a cat ready to pounce. She usually /had/ to pounce to jump form a building to another. Her whole body relaxed, and she let out a sigh upon gazing at the boy.

Her blue eyes peeked at him, her face shadowed by the hoodie. She was dressed, form head to toe, in black. She even had black gloves. Tugging the duffle bag behind her, the young woman looked at the boy wearily, but she soon tilted her head to the right, blinking twice "What's a TARDIS? Some kind of...pocket dimension? Wait, if you have a pocket dimension, then you're an alien...You look pretty human" She frowned, though keeping her distance
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Theta smiled, surveying the woman up and down curiously.

"Hm, pretty smart for a human, aren't you? Though in all honesty, you look Timelord; we came first" his eyes darted to her hoodie, then to the bag. He let his hands clasp behind his back as he bounced on his toes, much like a teacher who had caught a student in the act of putting a tack on their chair "Why are you dressed like that? And what's in the bag? I can hear police sirens in the distance, would that have anything to do with you? Because not many people dress like that for a simple midnight stroll"

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Angelica raised an eyebrow "It's not really your business kiddo" She rolled her eyes, fixing her bag "But if you really want to know..." She took her hoodie off, revealing her wild brown curls "I'm a thief" She replied shrugging. It wasn't like he could actually /do/ something to her, alien or not. And, she'll be out of there as soon as the police stops their search. 

Oh, she hoped the orphanage hasn't closed yet. She just brought some toys for the children, and she had some money to give it to it. But, it was already around midnight, so there were slim chances. She fixed the strap of the bag, looking with a raised eyebrow at the boy "What are you gonna do about it?"
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:59 pm

"Not anything, really. I try not to get involved in Earth affairs...anymore" he sighed, and his eyes darted to the doors again. The sirens were loud enough now for a human range of hearing. His look of the strict and orderly schoolteacher dropped, and instead he just looked old; too old for what his appearance suggested.

"Steal what you want, hide in here for the time being, I don't care. Just...just don't mess with the console, alright?" Theta turned around and trudged off, heading back the way he came. He honestly didn't care anymore. His friends and family were all in another universe where he would never see them again, the few friends he had made here were who knows where in space and time, and he was completely alone. Well, aside from his TARDIS, but she was lonely, too. What was one trivial matter like a Earth bank robbery or whatever it was?

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Angelica frowned, looking at the strange boy. There was something....just something about him she couldn't figure out. But there was nothing she could do, the boy already closed in himself. if and only if /he/ opens up it'll work.

She shrugged the bag, sitting on the strange floor cross-legged and opened it. She let out a sigh of relief at seeing not only the money, but some toys too. Oh, the kids will be delighted. 

The police sirens drew closer and closer, and her eyes widened, peeking out. What if they found her? She couldn't put in danger the strange boy! She looked behind her and let out a breath of content. No one, alright. From her small window she saw cops with their cars looking around. Blimey, maybe stealing from the most important-yet corrupt- man hadn't been such a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Theta leaned against the railing of the TARDIS, reminiscing. Ahh, the times with Sonya; those had been good times. Blinding him with a friendship from the cruel reality he now knew that he faced; a dark and cold universe, devoid of even his own species. A place where he only knew a select few, a place where all he had was his TARDIS and the few friends that would probably be better off without him there, bringing them along in his travels and possibly getting them killed. He had heard the horror stories of his counterpart's past companions, of the ways that they had been lost, by either death or choice. They were just better off without some lonely Timelord wanting attention.

Despite not really caring about much anymore, Theta still knew that it would be the end of the line if he wasn't able to just stroll around on Earth every so often; it was the only planet he found a partial home on. And if someone like UNIT found his TARDIS, alerted by police of a bigger on the inside box...well, he wouldn't be very happy. And it wasn't like he would be ale to negotiate with them; humans. They were a greedy race by whole, desiring money and food and unnecessary things, while others of their own species suffered from hunger or were killed in silly wars over small petty disputes over world leaders...there was even a thief in his TARDIS! Stealing what is someone else's for their own gain. Ha, humans may look like Timelords, but the two were literally worlds apart. Little did Theta know what Angelica stole, and what her intent was with it.

The Timelord glanced out the doors again, seeing the flashing lights of the police cars. Whoopee, danger alert. He sighed and glanced at Angelica again.

"Either go or stay, your choice. But you have to choose now; if you're staying, then hold on"

((>.< just watched a depressing video, decided to do this post while I still felt all in character for the Theta of this time. Sorry if it's a little over the top, heh ^.^))

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:45 am

Angelica raised her head confused and frowning "Why would I need to ho-" She was cut off when the strange machine started to shake. With a yelp, she fell backwards. Her duffle bag fell on the ground, money and toys falling from it and on the floor.

As the shaking stopped, Angelica let out some curses under her breath and started to collect the fallen objects. "Next time, do be more explicit." Her head raised to look at the man annoyed, rolling her eyes. She finally gathered everything, sitting straight. She frowned, closing the duffle bag and looked at the doors. The flashing lights stopped, and no siren could be heard in the air. Have they given up?
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:48 pm

"Mmm, I wouldn't go out there if I were you" Theta remarked distractedly, looking at the toys and money on the floor with a dumbfounded expression. Toys and money were not things greedy people stole; they were things Robin Hood-like people stole from the greedy people. A small spark lit itself in his eyes, small, but still something; doubts about the carelessness that had just recently plagued him. "Well, if you want, you can look, just...don't spaz and fall or something. Well, there's technically nothing out there to fall to, but...oh, you'll see anyways" he gestured to the door with his head "go on; open it, you know your curiosity is nagging at you..."

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:27 am

Angelica fixed her duffle bag, her hands stuffed in her pants. She raised an eyebrow, looking at the doors "So...all that shaking was us moving?" She made her way towards the wooden doors, tilting her head to the right curiously "...and I thought /I/ was a bad driver" she chuckled, and rested her gloved hands on the door, opening them without a moment of hesitation.

Her eyes widened, and her lips were slightly parted in a gasp. "Oh but this is impossible" She muttered, gazing down at Earth. They were in space, hovering over Earth. the sun could be seen glowing protectively as the moon was parallel to where they were "We're in bloody space!" She let out a laugh, her hands on the doorframe and leaning outside, looking right and left "In space! Over Earth!" She turned to look at Theta, still leaning dangerously outside "We were in London a minute ago!"
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Theta smiled, that spark coming back bit by bit as he watched Angelica's reaction. The curiosity, then the shock, then wonder and excitement...beautiful. He smiled lightly, standing up straight and beginning to walk down the steps.

"Yeah; TARDIS stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space..." he neared the girl and stood next to her, gazing out at the scene that took his breath away, even after all the times he'd seen it "basically, you're in a ship that can go anywhere in time and space. Pretty cool, huh?"

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Angelica chuckled, leaning on the door frame "Yeah...cool works" She mumbled, though her eyes were fixed on the incredible scenery. They were in space. Bloody space. She could see the clouds lazily circling the Earth, half of it in the dark, the other, where London were, was illuminated by the bright sun. "Oh but it is incredibly marvelous" she whispered, a small smile plastered on her face. Her eyes, once weary and guarded, were now soft.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:51 pm

"Isn't it..." Theta crossed his arms and leaned against the other door, observing the planet below "That's what I do, though. I travel, seeing sights like this...and let me tell you, it never gets old" he paused, thinking "Well, technically speaking I'm only 32 so I haven't seen that much..." the looking to be sixteen year old shrugged, looking back out, deciding to shut up for the moment and just enjoy the view. This was actually the first time he'd been back in space for about a week now. And that was a long period of time, considering his aversion to being tied down somewhere for too long.

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:57 am

Angelica raised an eyebrow looking at the boy with a raised eyebrow, her arms crossed "You look around sixteen. Or is this how timelords age?" She tilted her head to the right, looking curious at him. Well, it /was/ the first time she talked with an /alien/. But when he took her to see the space, she realized how...little humans were. They might see eachother as important, but that was just in their head. For someone, a race, to build a time /and/ space machine...that was fearsome technology.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Theta nodded.

"Yeah, we age slower than you lot. But trust me, I'm really young in comparison to my alternate self. Rassilon, he's old! Most of the time I run into him when he's around 900 or 1000. I think he forgot his age..." Theta cleared his throat, realizing none of that probably made any sense to the poor girl "but anyways, if you wanted, you know, we could go somewhere else. Like a nebula or the Victorian age..." again, he cleared his throat. Nah, she wouldn't. Did he honestly just expect her to say yes to traveling the universe with a complete stranger? An alien? When she didn't even know that aliens existed a few minutes before?

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Angelica raised an eyebrow but didn't comment further. Man, aliens were really weird. Alternate self? I mean really...

She smirked, glancing at him. "Well, I don't know about Victorian Times...the dresses are hell, let me tell you that" Her eyes were fixed on the infinite space "Nebula? Interesting yet still no." Angelica turned to face him completely, petting her bag "Though I might say yes after I finish /my/ business." She shrugged "That if you still want me to come" Honestly, that was the first aline she met, and now that the theory that aliens exists was proven right, she was excited to meet more.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Theta nodded, pulling the doors shut then glancing down at the bag.

"So where exactly do you need to be to finish this 'business' of yours?"

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Angelica shrugged "Well in many places..." she raised an eyebrow "Well the toys surely aren't for me" She rolled her eyes, taking a piece of paper and scribbling two addresses "Here. Will you take me? If not, just drop me where you've found me. I'll manage"
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Theta nodded, snatching the piece of paper from Angelica and bounding up to the console. He input the coordinates, and with the press of a holographic button, they were off, speeding through the vortex.

There was a heavy woosh, and the shaking stopped. He ran down the steps and to the doors again, pulling them open. They were on the exact opposite side of the street from the orphanage, nestled at the back of an alleyway, between two trash cans. He nodded his head across the street.

"Is that were you need to go?"

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:09 pm

Angelica blinked twice, recovering from the violent shaking. She made her way to the doors, looking out. It was morning. She smiled and nodded "Yep".

Angelica took her gloves off, stuffing them in her hoodie, which she took it and wrapped it around her body. She was left in a white sleeveless shirt. Her blue eyes turned to meet Theta's "Well? Are you coming or not?"

Without waiting for an answer, Angelica made her way towards the orphanage, taking a pair of glasses and slipping them on, putting her wild hair in a messy ponytail. Children giggled and ran to her, all grinning brightly. Angelica smiled softly, taking a toddler in her arms and ruffling anothers hair. "Missed me?" She smirked, and all the children cheered giggling.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:10 pm

Theta walked up behind Angelica, eyes softening at the sight of all the children and their excitement. It was obvious she did this a lot, judging by the reactions of the orphans.

He felt a tug on his tweed. He looked down, and just about died from overload of cute. There was a small blonde girl standing there, looking up at him with wide, brown eyes, shining with curiosity.

"Who is you, mister?"

Theta smiled softly, kneeling down so he was at eye level with the girl. His eyes shone with an emotion that looked like a mix of things; mainly happiness and love.

"Just a friend"

The little girl smiled brightly, her little front tooth missing. She looked over at Angelica, back at Theta, then after a silent moment of thinking, she ran over to join the rest of the orphans again. The young Timelord stayed kneeled down, staring after her, then his eyes sliding over to look at the others. His hearts were warmed, and for the moment being, he forgot about everything. That he was stuck in another universe. That all his friends were near to impossible to find. He just thought of the little girl, of her little smile, and how wonderful it was to just live.

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:09 pm

A woman came out, her hair brown with some grey in it, eyes a chocolate brown. She approached Angelica with a kind smile "Welcome back, Angel. The kids were thrilled to hear you were coming back"

Angelica put down the toddler, ruffling his hair. She smiled at the woman "It's good to be back, Mary. Sorry for the wait. I was kind of..caught up" She shrugged, but the woman, Mary, simply waved her hand "No problem. It's always a joy when you come visiting"

Angelica looked back at the Doctor, smiling "If you want you can come inside too, or you can stay outside. Either way it's fine with me"
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Theta nodded, smiling and getting up from the place where he had crouched.

"I'll come in, I guess. No use just hanging around outside alone...well, there's always stargazing, but I don't want to be anti-social or anything"

He gave a glance back to the alley they came from, where the TARDIS was parked. She should be fine for a while; anyways, if anyone rather than him or Angelica tried to enter, she'd be sure to lock her doors tight. Unless she got towed, though he was sure that humans didn't tow TARDISes. Well, twenty-first century humans, anyways. Anything past the fourty-eighth century was a different story.

Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:21 am

Angelica went inside, the kids going after her like a tail. She looked so different from the girl that entered the TARDIS. She was more relaxed, a soft smile on her face, Her hands were resting on two's kids' shoulders as she followed Mary.

Mary ushered the kids out as she stayed to talk with Angelica. When she opened the bag, Mary's eyes widened and filled with small tears. She turned to Angelica "Oh, you truly /are/ an angel" Angelica's cheeks became bright red and she shook her head "No, no. It was my pleasure" She smiled softly at her. "Anytime"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cheshire's treasure   

Back to top Go down

The Cheshire's treasure
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next