Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSilent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_voting_barSilent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapSilent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_voting_barSilent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Ryarya pressed her shoulder against the corner edge of the temple, stretching out her senses to listen on the conversation being held between Emma and the Doctor. Most of it was inaudible from this distance, even to her. She could still make out bits and pieces, however, and it wasn't difficult for her to link all the connections together. Gently, she tapped a button on the earpiece she was required to wear so that Artemis could keep tabs on the mission in progress. She closed her eyes to heighten her hearing enough so that the communicator could also hear what she was.

Hearing the shaman's voice caused her to groan low in her throat. That man was incapable of keeping his trap shut. The only reason he was even helping was because he had been frightened into submission, or so she had heard from some others that Artemis had been using for this mission. She had never met the man personally or delivered any of the previous sacrifices to him, but she knew enough. He was the type to save his own hide. Sooner or later, he could become a potential liability, especially considering it wouldn't take the Doctor and Emma long to piece together a plan.

After their first adventure, she had done some digging on Emma. She knew all about her training in the FBI. Solving murders was a specialty for her by the documentation. She also had a good memory, good enough to remember every detail of everything that had occurred on that adventure. Perhaps...?

"Quite an ingenious plan you have there," Artemis's voice cut through her thoughts. It was something she detested when she was concentrating, but she didn't dare speak up. She had almost forgotten he could also read her brainwaves through the communicator. "I wouldn't want to place you in a difficult position though. Are you sure you can handle it?"

She tapped her temple to illustrate her point. "I'm a professional, thank you. All those pesky, useless memories are tucked away where they belong. She won't be interrupting us this time."

"That's what I like to hear!" he replied cheerfully. "It seems they'll be making some rounds about the area. For once, I'll let you take the reins. Tell me what you need me to do, Lady Black."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Emma nodded a little in reply to what the Doctor was saying, and thought over it for a little while.  Thinking like the killer was what she was good at, and she had already learned a little bit about the killer even though she didn't know who it was yet.  She thought over all the bits of info she had so far, just making sure in her mind that what she was thinking fit in with what the facts said.  The Doctor was right about her having an advantage with her training, and she smiled a little to herself as she remembered some things her grandpa had taught her.

"I already know a few things about him." She said quietly. "He has a dominant type personality, but he's also charming and good at convincing others to do what he wants. Probably good looking, too, otherwise it would be hard for him to charm people. He's most likely well dressed, as well." She paused before adding, "He'll be very convincing when he tries to recruit others, and he's probably easily able to talk others into following him and going along with this sacrifice thing. However, he's also not afraid to use physical force if the charming act doesn't work. He may have a temper, and will be strongly driven by some personal goal, which would be his motive. He probably has a lot of people doing his bidding, either because they're fooled by his charm, or intimidated by him."

She thought a bit more. "He knows what he's doing, so he's old enough to have some experience, but based on the jump from one victim the first month, to two victims the second month.. he doesn't seem to have much patience, so.. I'd make a guess that he's probably in his mid to late twenties.. old enough to have plenty of experience, maybe even training? but young enough to still be rash and want to rush things. He's probably in good physical condition, to be able to abduct the unwilling victims and intimidate others, like the shaman.." She then paused and considered the victims. "He'd need someplace to hide the victims before it's time to kill them... which means he probably lives alone or has someplace isolated where he can keep the victim without being discovered.. but also close enough that he can bring her to the temple at the appointed time.."

She wasn't sure how to go about finding out what the medallion is, but she had a feeling that if they found the unsub, they would find the medallion.  The main thing that confused her about it all was the killing pattern.  Why did they only kill at a certain time each month? And why only one or two at a time? The pattern didn't make much sense. And was it a specific pattern for a reason, or was it just that the unsub thought he could get by with two kills in a row on certain months, but not on the other, alternating months?

She bit her lip and thought for a moment, pulling out her phone. Then, remembering that her cell phone's calendar didn't go back more than about a decade, she sighed and put it away again.
"Doctor, what year did you say we're in, again?" She asked the Doctor.  "I wonder.. what's significant about those dates that the girls were killed on?" She thought for a bit about months.  "Hm.. full moon, maybe? Werewolf?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. "But..no. It wouldn't be so well organized.. if it was a werewolf, the kills would likely be random and very.. messy, wouldn't they?" She bit her lip and thought for a bit, glancing up at the sky. It was looking dusky already, approaching sunset, which concerned her. The killer might have already captured his next intended victim, so they would need to hurry with finding this guy. However, if there were people here at the temple, would the killer go somewhere else to do the sacrifice? Or would he just abandon the plan to do another sacrifice tonight? What would happen if the killer didn't get his way.. if his pattern was interrupted?

Still, she thought the idea of the full moon could be a possibility, maybe it had something to do with the killing pattern? She frowned slightly and looked all around the horizon.
"Where is the moon, anyway?" She wondered quietly, not seeing it anywhere. She wasn't sure which direction she was facing, however, so maybe the temple was hiding her view of it?  And what was this 'idol' about? Maybe there was some sort of religious ritual thing that someone was using.. maybe it required the sacrifice to be done at a certain time.. like at the full moon. That was the most traditional one, right? But, unless it was being hidden, there didn't seem to be any moon, and it should be in the sky by now, even if it was low on the horizon..
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:47 pm

The Doctor listened intently to Emma's analysis of the culprit to the crimes based solely on the evidence they were able to obtain and witness accounts; which wasn't much. Smirking when Emma finally concluded, The Doctor nodded his head, "Oh Emma" he started, "You're brilliant. But your missing something important here..and it's the questions your not asking. The real question...is do these people realize what they're doing? I mean sure they think they are pleasing a God...but it's attracted the attention of this killer. My guess is that it isn't a God..but something much more down to Earth per say".

Looking around once more, The Doctor continued, "How about this. Let's play to both our strengths..yours is people and grabbing information out of words alone. A decoder...and these people are encrypted with lies and secrets....i'll see if i can find this medallion and we'l meet at the TARDIS". Turning back to Emma, The Doctor tapped his forehead, "The power of the mind Emma..don't underestimate it" he told her before rushing off after the shaman that they had just recently spoken to. "Excuse me! Hello!" The Doctor called, only stopping when he got the mans attention, "Sorry. Where did you say the medallion and idol are stored?" he asked, "I...didn't" the man replied. The Doctor rolled his eyes, "Well if you could guess...where do you think it would be? I mean you know this entire village inside and out...right?", the shaman lowered his gaze and shook his head, "There were rumors of a hidden room. A room beneath this very temple..only a select few can enter".

The Doctor grinned, "Ok, thanks. That's all i needed to know", the Shaman stood there completely baffled, watching The Doctor saunter down the hallway towards the stairs leading down to ground level. Shaking his head, the shaman looked away once The Doctor was out of sight, "The goddess only knows what i've done....please let this work" he mumbled under his breath, forcing a smile as a fellow priest past by him.
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 11:57 am

Artemis had to laugh at the new developments. This was too rich to pass up! Admittedly, he was uncertain of allowing Ryarya to assume command over his minions for the time being, but she seemed to have a good enough strategy. He had learned quite a lot of valuable information after their brief discussion. He had taken the liberty of pulling up the ship's virtual database of known species and individuals. Considering that the ship was stolen in the first place, he had an extensive collection of known people and aliens to choose from.

The first one he had looked up was the Doctor. Ryarya hadn't given him much information other than he was a Time Lord. Not much information was available, but he merely brushed it off as the Time Lords were essentially and extinct species. Next was Emma. She had quite an impressive resume for so young a person. What was the most intriguing to him was her psychological profile and an eyewitness account, being from Ryarya, about Emma's mental strength. Artemis had originally planned on using the Doctor for his little experiment, but now...

He pressed a button on the control panel in front of him, connecting him to Ryarya's earpiece on a secure channel. "I've just gone over Emma's profiles here. I'm assuming she's rather observant. How do you want to go about this?"

"I'm not," Ryarya said lightly in reply. "You are,...at least, to start with. I'll be nearby, but Emma knows me well enough. She'll be able to spot the difference."

"Ah, I see." He nodded and gently placed an earpiece of his own into his left ear as he stood up. "I'll bring you the 'cure' and then we'll get this show on the road."

The channel buzzed softly in his ear to indicate she had signed off, and he did the same. Making his way down to the medical lab on the ship's first bottom floor, he found a large, empty syringe sitting on a cart by the door. He slipped the contents of a tiny glass vile into it then placed it in his inside jacket pocket. He gave the traditional orders to the guards down then and stopped just outside a wide Plexiglas window. He tapped the glass gently, and smirked when he received no response from the sole occupant inside.

"Must be difficult for you to see all this unfold from your little prison," he cooed in mock sympathy. "Don't worry, my little pet, you'll wake up soon." He turned to the guard by the door to the room. "Keep up with her injections and make sure her vitals stay strong."

Without waiting for a response, he made his way out of the lab and down to the loading bay where he disembarked. True to form, Ryarya was waiting for him at the entrance to the temple. Something seemed to be agitating her.

"What's happened?" Artemis questioned her, inclining his head.

"The Doctor," she said, not bothering to look back at him. "He's gone looking for the medallion while Emma is to question villagers."

"We'll be quick then. The ship's cloaking device should keep it out of reach of prying minds like his. And, even if he were to enter, our comrades would gladly show him the way out." He paused. "You have the medallion still, don't you?"

She nodded, pulling out the medallion by the string she kept it attached to around her neck. "He won't find it so long as I have it. Let us go now before he comes to close. It makes me nervous to know that he might find her."

The two set off towards the village once again. Before they reached the gate that now lay in broken tatters thanks to Ryarya's earlier attack, Ryarya slipped away to find a good spot to keep watch on Artemis from. It wouldn't take Emma long to reach the village, and he knew how to put on a good act. He had a few tricks up his sleeve. The villagers were still in a panic, so he made his way over to the family of the recently snatched "victim" and began a theatrical performance of a concerned stranger who was investigating the scene and trying to help. He even had the perfect costume outfitted for the event. To others, it would appear to be traditional Mayan garments, but he was still wearing his usual clothes. Thanks to Ryarya's technology, he was able to pull off quite a show. Now all he had to do was keep up the charade and wait.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Emma tilted her head slightly as the Doctor told her she wasn't asking the right questions. Before she could comment on it, he had suggested that they split up, her talk to the villagers while he went looking for the medallion.
"Alright, that would work." She agreed. She could talk to various people, gather more information and see if she could find out if anyone knew of any people who would fit in with her profile of the man behind this operation. She might be able to talk to some more of those under his control, and find out more about him, and about how the 'minions' were kept under his control.  

As she watched the Doctor take off to begin his investigation, Emma took a look around and then walked down the steps of the temple, her feet moving fast to bring her down to the bottom swiftly, while her mind was deep in thought. She vaguely wondered what the Doctor meant by not underestimating the power of the mind, but  she soon focused on other things, like where to begin her own search.  An apothecary, perhaps. If the unsub was using drugs to make the victim cooperate without struggling, then he may be getting what he needs from a 'pharmacist', A.K.A. apothecary, in this time period.  She took a look around and then set off into the village to find the apothecary place.

After talking to the apothecary, Emma had not found anything out. She frowned a little to herself and tried to think of where else she might be able to check for info.  Something caught her attention, however, and she ventured a little closer.  Someone was making quite a show about expressing condolences to the grieving family of a victim, from the looks of it.  Emma stood on the edge of the small crowd that had gathered, listening and watching the man.  One thing she noticed about him was that he didn't appear to be one of the natives. Sure, he seemed to be dressed like them, but his skin said otherwise.  The natives had darkish skin, and this guy had the color skin like a white man with a slight tan.  

The more she watched the man, the more suspicious she became.  She took a few notes on her notepad about this, making note of how the man acted and how he looked. After finishing her notes, she watched the possibly suspect from a slight distance, positioning herself where she could watch him discreetly without being too easily noticed. She was debating about following him after he left, but she wasn't too sure if that was the best plan. Maybe if she met up with the Doctor soon, they could both follow him.. unless of course the Doctor had another plan in mind. Still, she was getting a strong sense of unease about this man, and while she reminded herself not to label the guy and rule out any other suspects. She didn't want to be narrow minded and get 'tunnel vision' about the case..
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:11 pm

The Doctor kept low, his head titled down and his body stretched out in a bent over position as he maneuvered through the seemingly endless tunnels underneath the temple. With the help of his trusty screwdriver and deduction, The Doctor was able to find the hidden door leading him where he was right now. Facing a maze and no idea where to go. Flicking his sonic screwdriver out, he scanned the surrounding stone walls and released an aggravated sigh at the results, "Nothing" he mumbled, "Of course..nothing but stones. How do you expect to get a reading? Come on Doctor...think".

Touching the tip of his front teeth, The Doctor thought deeply before continuing his journey and choosing the right option. Boiling it down to a I don't like the left mental process, The Doctor mentally prayed his choice payed off as he helplessly strode down the path set in front of him. Then suddenly there was life. Sound began to become more prominent as he continued through the maze; echoes of machines cranking and buttons beeping. The temperature began to slowly increase as audible shots of steam rose up in the distance; stopping, The Doctor looked at the ceiling above him. "But where's the heat escaping too?" The Doctor asked himself out loud, bursting into a run, The Doctor finished the remaining maze and was immediately welcomed into a open room.

Machines lined the walls, steam escaping from exhaust pipes as turbines and cranks moved and ran on the highest settings they could possibly go. In the center of the room stood the idol, placed in the center of where all wires from the machines converged, the object shined like the sun. Slowly, The Doctor sauntered up to the stone carved object, the center engraved the frame of the medallion. Running his hand over the idol, The Doctor immediately pulled it back, "Heat..." he hissed, his mind quickly beginning to bounce of ideas and the images around him. "Yes!...No!..hold on, hold on. Yes...of course!" The Doctors eyes widened as a light sparked in his mind but his attention quickly averted to the priests walking into the underground room via a different hidden entrance.

Bolting behind a nearby generator, The Doctor watched from afar as three priests and the shaman approached the idol and slowly began to pick it up and carry it out of the room. Just as they were about to exit, The Doctor jumped out, "Oi!" he proclaimed, holding out his screwdriver, "Stop right there!....If you don't want to become ashes i highly recommend you do exactly..as i say"; The Doctor arched his eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:59 am

Artemis was rather enjoying his own performance with the locals. They seemed to be eating out of the palm of his hand with every word. The family that he was pretending to console, though he knew exactly where their daughter went, seemed to be clinging to every bit of confidence they could find. Lucky for Artemis, part of his training growing up centered on successful interactions with the locals. His part of town wasn't the liveliest and you always had to watch your back. He had picked up his charm from then on. It wasn't tough to follow through on.

"Why don't you tell me what happened?" he said smoothly, gently squeezing the mother's shoulders as she wept uncontrollably.

"My baby, she is gone!" she answered through sobs. "The goddess has taken her to be sacrificed! Our home...she destroy our home and village! Green eyes...hands that produce fire and smoke...the earth shook...a-and...my baby is gone!"

Artemis cast a long look around, acting as though he were surveying the surrounding parts of the destroyed village. He spotted Emma not too far away, but kept his eyes on the village. He had to hand it to Ryarya. When he told her to make an impression, she did. The village, to put it simply, was in ruins thanks to her. Cracks ran through the grounds, revealing open parts of the earth between the raised edges. Smoke still steamed towards the sky from the charred remains of the village houses. Anything that had been set out was thrown askew or uprooted from a massive force of wind. Not a whole lot was left. It took all he had not to smile a little at her work. She had done well.

He turned his attention back to the family, asking them questions about what their daughter looked like and if they had any enemies that may want to do away with her. He also questioned them on the "goddess" that had destroyed the village. It seemed that they had their own rumors circulating about Ryarya. Some were rather entertaining. He knew that she was nearby, and would hear the conversation, just waiting for the right moment to pounce.

Meanwhile, in the underground passage, three of Artemis's men were leading the shaman down to where the idol was being kept. It was the safest location they could find for it that would still connect to the ship's interior upstairs. They were, of course, native to the time period and not in their right state of mind thanks to a little tampering, but their were obedient. They escorted the shaman down the tunnels silently and only spoke when they reached the interior to the hidden room.

Soft whispers echoed throughout the room near where the idol sat on its pedestal connected to the ship's energy ports. Most were inaudible, but the words, "I'm so sorry," and "Help me," could be made out every now and then. The priests led the shaman up to the idol and began unplugging it from the ports.

"You know what you must do," the one priest said to the shaman.

The priests did not seem surprised when the Doctor popped out of his hiding place and pointed his weapon at them. In fact, they seemed like they were expecting it.

"Welcome, Doctor," said the first, bowing. "We've been expecting you."

"You are to witness the rise of the goddess," said the second. "Please follow us."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:21 pm

Emma watched the man that she was sure was the unsub. She was trying to think how she could prove that he was the unsub, without going after him solo and putting herself in danger. While she thought on this, she let her gaze stray around the village. She noticed it looked like there had been a bomb to go off here, and she wondered what could have happened. She frowned as she looked around, then she got the attention of a nearby villager.
"Exuse me.. hello. I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering, what happened to the village? I seem to have missed something.." She asked, keeping a polite tone. The villager turned to her with wide eyes. She could tell they were both surprised that she didn't already know, and also frightened by the things going on.
"The goddess of destruction has visited upon our village, how do you not know this?" He replied nervously. "She appeared from within a cloak of air and used her powers to bring destruction and death! The ground shook, and fire came and burned our homes, and she carries a weapon that spouts fire and lightning.." The poor man seemed distraught, and gave the best description he could. Emma immediately thought that it seemed like something that came from another era, such as the future, or perhaps another planet entirely. She frowned as she listened, trying to think of what this could be.

"I'm sorry about the damage to your village." She said sympathetically. "What happened then?" She asked.
The man pointed toward the family being 'consoled' by the unsub.
"She stole their daughter and then disappeared into nothing!" He said, frowning. Emma frowned as well, thinking over this.
"Thank you.." she said quietly to the villager, and let him go on his way while she thought over this information. She subtly watched the unsub, waiting for him to move so she could follow at a distance. It may not be the most tactically sound thing to do, but she didn't have any backup except the Doctor, and had no idea where he was. She hung around where she could watch without being easily seen, and thought over a few ideas about what the 'goddess' might be.

(ooc; Hi, sorry about the long absence. Been busy, then had started on a reply, computer decided to restart when i wasn't looking, so i lost it, then was busy, and finally found the time to write it Razz so yeah..)
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 pm

ooc; bump.. are you still interested in this one, guys?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)   Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Knife, Moonless Night (open)
Page 1 of 1