Share | 

Shell Suite

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryan
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Shell Suite    Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm unsure of how I walked in upon this time. The barricades between then and now seem too weak to even keep out the dead. I say 'this time' like I know what century I am in, or even the year. My own time has escaped me, but this new now seems less familiar. My grey eyes scan the crowds of the Living with bewilderment. A shock that would give me a heart attack if it were capable. I shuffle forward, reaching a hand out to anything I can touch. Men stand behind white tables, calling out prices and laughing at jokes that contain no humor. They flirt aimlessly with whomever passes, their intentions far from pure. I linger by the side, the hood from my jacket over my head, shielding whatever grey skin I can. A man stands before me, tall, though I am taller. His face is covered in hair, a scruffy beard he leaves food crumbs in. "What're you looking for?" He asks and I wince. The unexpected attention baffles me and I am at a loss for words. "I.. I don't... I..." I stutter, my tongue limp and heavy in my dry mouth. "Gonna buy something or not? No touching the merchandise." He snaps and I glance down at the table. Socks and key chains. I step back, bow my head and begin to creep away. "Sorry." I call back, my voice cracking as I stumble over the curb. But no one is willing to reach a hand out towards a man with a molding hoodie. I grunt, regain my posture and straighten up. The man continues to stare at me, watching my awkward departure with a camera in hand. I shake my head in an attempt to clear it, my eyes lingering on the device until a shove rocks me forward. My hood falls away, veins in my neck sticking out like a sore thumb. But the rest of me doesn't help. I struggle to get my small form of protection back up. My elbow connects with a shop window and the man barks a single word at me. It slips over my head, my focus unattainable as I limply raise a hand. An apology that won't escape my head. The sentence locks in on itself and refuses to let me say it another time. As if some part of me doesn't allow a simple apologetic gesture. I turn away from the man, catching the last glimpse of him I'll hopefully ever see. Bulging veins, red face, and- I realize the connection to his anger. In my hand is a small key chain. I grimace, store it in my pocket and proceed down the path.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Siren followed close behind Ryan, somewhat conspicuous in this society, with her cloak and dark clothing. She couldn't imagine why he was a threat to anyone, after watching him in gracefully stumble about. However, a contract was a contract. There was money to be made. After confirming her reasoning, Siren noticed she had begun to fall behind and picked up the pace, sliding past anyone in the way with trained skill.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:23 pm

I arch my neck, slouching forward as I feel eyes penetrate the weak walls of my hood. It shadows only my cheeks, which hardly helps. The attention is getting to me and I grind my teeth together. The distasteful stares overlapped with whispers and giggles make me squirm in my beaten trainers and I glance over my shoulder to sneak a peak down the path. What sticks out is the dark clothing tucked away in a society that decides colors will give them emotions. I bite the inside of my cheek, stopping in my travels as I wait in my place. People continue to push at my shoulders, though I do not acknowledge them. I wait patiently for the dark cloaked figure's scent to hit me. And while waiting, I decide the key chain is in need for an observation. I pull it from my pocket, bringing it to the brim of my nose.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:35 pm

She increases the length of her steps and starts moving people out of the way rather than going around them. She watches him turn and see his newfound stalker. Spotted.. Why has he stopped? Siren narrowed her eyes, which wasn't visible under the hood. A fight in public would be foolish, that couldn't be his plan. Another odd thing. At first glance, this one looked like a human... Sort of. He definitely smelt different though. Siren brought her wrist up, glancing down at the alien numerals on her watch. Plenty of time.
Back to top Go down
The Rani
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:52 pm

((hope you do not mind me joining))

Syra was in the market today,it was a place she often avoided. She hated the gauking men,as they leered at her exposed back. She wore a red corset top with black ribbon holding it closed,and a balck and red lolita style skirt,with handcuffs as a belt. She finished it off with fishnet hose and combat boots. As she had walked by a stall,the man stopped her,as he smoothed his thining hair."hey sweet thing,How about I show you how a real man can make you feel."

Syra narrowed her eyes,at the man,as the slits appeared,and images upon images invaded her mind. The Man was filth,and she was going to make him pay for the three women he had murdered. She walked to him,and ran her clawlike black nail along his cheek. She then struck like a viper,and he dropped to the ground dead,as two serpentine teeth slid back into thier sheaths. She watched the interaction in front of her a little. She arched her head,and did not hear a heartbeat,but she heard jumbled thoughts. She decided to follow the young man,in a way they were alike. They both died but were still alive,and that intrigued her. This was the first zombie she had come across. She did not hide she was trying to follow him,like the figure shadowing him,humans would not notice the movement,but a draconic being could. She smiled,as she lifted her illusion over her wings,letting the dragon wings show.

She stopped when the boy stopped,"stealing is wrong,you know."
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Unaware the cloaked figure is doing something of her own, I proceed with my inspection. Turn it over, sniff it, flip it again. Try to read what it says, though the words don't click. I stuff it back into my pocket and heave out a sigh. I lift my eyes, bringing my attention back to whomever is following me. I don't question it either way, though the tingling in my bones tell me otherwise. Question everything. Question everything before something you don't see stabs your skull, idiot. I blink, shake my head and take a lopsided step towards the figure until I freeze. Another one is on my tail. My eyes widen as I feel a wave of fear overcome me, something I have not imagined feeling ever again. I glance at the one who speaks first, my eyes refocusing as I nod. "I... Collect... Didn't.. Mean." I stutter, my fingers curling around the key chain my pocket.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:10 am

As she watched another alien approach, Siren let out a barely human growl. She would have caught up by now. The assassin reached into her cloak, a beep followed soon after. Confirming she had relative invisibility to humans for the next thirty seconds, Siren drew a revolver from out of her cloak, just barely showing it before speaking loud enough for the two to here. "Why don't we move this little gathering somewhere more private?"
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:23 am

I turn my head quickly, too fast. My neck cracks and I groan. My hood falls down. This time, I don't try to drag it back up. My grey eyes focus on the other woman. I glance at the revolver and I gulp hard. "Like... Where? Streets... Crowded like.. Stores." I say, praying for my words for once to come out in actual sentences. Though I realize however hard I try, nothing will improve. I shuffle side to side, a habit I generally portay while I wait for a precise moment to... No. Focus, will you? I blink, then nod. There's no reason to argue with a person who seems so determined.
Back to top Go down
The Rani
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:55 am

Syra saw the fear in the young man's eyes,the cold grey,was nice. She let her calm back down to the ice blue color."I'm not the cops so you do not have to worry,just took a little work,made that guy think you bought it,so it is yours now."

Syra looked at the other figure that made herself known. Syra's eyes narrowed,as she hissed,her forked tongue escaping her mouth," We could,but I ate guns,and i do not die that easy,well i do then i come back,with a yell of bloody murder,but i do not feel like going through that today. So where would you like to talk."

Syra was not happy in the least,and she knew it as she heard the hiss slip in her voice. Drego did not like this woman,and she seconded that feeling. She knew her secret,and that secret was one that would never be told.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:23 am

"The gun is encouragement. I've hunted worse than you." Instead of saying where she's like to go, Siren slid the firearm back into her cloak and began walking down the sidewalk towards a residential district. She took advantage of the next few seconds before her perception filter shorted out to remove her mask. For a moment it looked like Siren was facepalming, but then she slide the gold mask off and two glowing, blue eyes that were not visible before blinked out of existence. The hood came down next, revealing a head of blue hair.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:21 pm

I glance at the first woman who spoke to me, bow my head and turn back to the one with the blue hair. I hobble around several people, attempting apologies that won't leave my tongue. Being polite isn't even in my reach anymore. I follow after the bobbing mass of blue hair, trying my best to keep up. But to keep up with my pace, I would have to force myself to jog. And I am not entirely up to that. My eyes swerve around, checking to make sure I am still hidden. I drag my hood back up, ducking around a few more people as I focus on my steps. Elaborate and steady, balanced and delicate. I need to walk in a straight line. I look back at the blue haired girl, realizing she is closer than before. Either she slowed down or I picked up speed without noticing. Wheezing, I look over my shoulder, then back to her. "I... Don't... Don't..." I stutter, "under... stand... What... Doing?" I ask, nodding to where I had last seen the firearm.
Back to top Go down
The Rani
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Syra followed the blue haired woman,as she stayed behind the boy. They had not even had introductions yet,and that was so improper. She would let the alien girl lead them elsewhere. She was silently judging the girl. She was pretty sure that she was protected because she was a subspecies. The girl would learn not to mess with her,she was starting to reach a point.

" You have hunt worst then me,so are you working outside of the Shadow Proclamations Laws." she said in the girl's direction.

((sorry having a little writer's block on this post))
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:14 pm

"The Shadow Proclamation is a sad attempt to bring order to a divided society of empires." Siren said, before turning to look at Ryan. "For some reason I didn't look into, as is only polite, somebody wanted you killed. At first, it was my intention to carry out this task. I've changed my mind." She sniffed, and glanced at Syra. Up ahead was a apartment complex, which Siren entered and made her way through towards a room labeled with a human letter and numeral she couldn't read without a translator. "Temporary base of operations." She explained. The door opened in response to the key she used on it, an held it open for the two before her.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 pm

I shuffle through the doorway, dropping my hood down as I gap at my surroundings. Surprising, how much I have seen, wandering around empty corridors and up rusted staircases, though I haven't actually noticed a thing. My eyes wander around the room, and I realize I have no idea what any of these things are. The tables, the things sitting on the tables, the names given to the objects... I know nothing. I can't read, I can't speak fluently, I can't begin to figure out what the blue haired girl rambles on about. Wanting to kill me? I'm already dead. I awkwardly hobble towards a wall, pressing my back against it as I keep my eyes fixated on the mysteries around me. "Kill... Me?" I ask, nearly in a casual manner, though I'd be giving myself too much credit that way. "Why... Changed mind?"
Back to top Go down
The Rani
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Syra entered the room,as she stood of to the side. Syra crossed her arms across her chest,as she was clearly stated not being in an enclosed area. She let her gaze linger to Ryan. She looked at the room they were in. She uncrossed her arms,and looked at her black claw like nails.

"I do not know anyone that would want me killed,and not most people know of me,history said i died over 300 years ago." she answered as she narrowed her eyes again.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:50 pm

"Because you're not threatening." Siren turns to Syria. "I know nothing of you, which boters me greatly."She goes to a small kitchen and begins the process of making tea. "Would either of you care for a drink?"
Back to top Go down
The Rani
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Syra looked at Siren,as she smirked,and added,"I will take a drink,and for some information on me. Look up Lady Syra Darkangelle in about the late 1600's,and you will find some answers.Except the part where they think me dead. The ones that knew otherwise,will you know what they say about a woman scorned."
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 pm

I shake my head. I can't drink, can I? Something I've never even thought about. Being dead gives you too much time to think and just... Be there. But what Living would think of, I don't even consider. Like drinking something. Or needing more information on someone. I look at Syra, if that's her name. I can't remember those things very well, though all I want is to have one I can remember properly. A last name. A last name sounds nice. I blink, though I really don't need to. My tear ducts have long since dried out. I shuffle away from the wall, moving closer to the kitchen to watch Siren make the tea. "No... Thanks." I say, nodding to the tea, because I've only just realized she couldn't have seen my shake of the head.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Siren sets aside a cup for Syra, and sips from the drink for herself. She sniffs, and frowns. Why were all the strange scents coming up on Earth, of all places? The irrational angry part of herself blamed The Doctor. The logical part blamed Torchwood until proved otherwise. The Tulvan looked at the two people she had led into this room and wiped the frown from her expression. She pulled her revolver from it's hiding place and set it on top of a microwave. "Well, my name is The Siren. I'd prefer it to be kept at "Siren". I'm from the planet Tulva, and I'm an assassin."
Back to top Go down
The Rani
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Syra took the drink,and looked at Siren,and then said," I am not human anymore,I died over 300 years ago,but thanks to the dragon heart i was given,I revived after my death. Essentially I am a draconic being,I kept most of my human features,but my telepathy was heightened and I am slowly discovering odd things about myself."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shell Suite    

Back to top Go down

Shell Suite
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1