Share | 

The HEAT is on...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brax
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: The HEAT is on...   Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Footsteps, they echoed all around and throughout the tunnels. They were old, in disrepair and moss had called the tunnels their permanent home. It was hanging all over the place, filthy water but it wasn't simply rats that lived among the sewers...

A figure moved, hunched back and staggered, as if half an inch of his left leg had been removed. Barely any clothing had covered the figure, hair matted and drenched in the sewer water scampered around trying to find it's source of food.

Splash....splash...splash...

The man glanced around, determined to see where the noise was coming from, heading in the general direction.

Richard stood still, stock still, his chest barely showing that he was breathing. A blade slipped from underneath his jacket, managing to catch it on the handle. HEAT had taught him one thing, it was to use his enhanced capabilities to full use. A smirk was on his face as the shadow to his left grew longer and longer, darker and darker until the figure finally emerged into his view. He whipped himself around, knife by the throat and arms pinned to the sides.

"Move and the blade slices." He whispered into the man's ear. Of course, the smell coming off was putrid but Richard needed the kill. Recent events, having been shot in the shoulder had put him out of action for a while. He did not look too far off from the man he was currently holding at knife point.

"Of course, of all people...it would be you...get him."

Tables had been turned as several armed men came from hidden crevasses around the tunnel systems, guns drawn and lasers pointed at Richard's center of mass. "It's been a long time, TK-903X."

Richard flinched, that was enough for the man to elbow him, grabbing the knife and twisting his wrist. "Down, boy." And, Richard obeyed. His hands going to the back of his head and slowly turning himself around to see all the guards.

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The HEAT is on...   Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:20 pm

A small light suddenly illuminated Richard’s face and a voice called from farther down the tunnels. “Hello! Has any one of you men seen a little silver pen? I dropped it down here and I’m eager to get it back.” The voice belonged to the doctor, who was holding a small red flashlight and acting oblivious to the recent events. Of course he wasn’t as ignorant as he seemed, but acting this way always confounded the enemy, made them easier to defeat. He sloshed up water as he approached the small group of soldiers, and smiled warmly at everyone, though they probably didn't see his expression in the darkness. “It would be of great service to me if you could find it. It’s a nostalgic memento of mine.” He glanced briefly at Richard, before turning his attention to his captor "Who is he? Has he done something wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The HEAT is on...   Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:20 am

Rich frowned into the light that was shone into his face, he didn't like it. It was a situation that someone would get killed, preferably by him. "No one's seen a silver pen, go home old man." One of the guards sneered, weapon raised at the intruder. They were not planning on letting him go that easily, he had stumbled on one of their weapons.

The guards exchanged swift glances with one another, "For us to know, you to find out." They knew what Richard had done, having blown up and scorched various HEAT bases around the world, the little experiment they had was to be terminated once and for all but it seemed that fate had other plans for the killer.

"Might as well give the old man a hand..." Richard snapped his head back, making contact with the guard's chin, releasing one pair of hands before kneeing the other in the stomach, grabbing the weapon and pointing it at the Doctor. Other guards had their laser sights on Richard's back, his shoulders were tense with the overwhelming throbbing pain that was going through his body. Richard fired a couple of rounds at the old man's feet before spinning around and shooting three of them in their center of mass. "Put the guns down. NOW!"

The others complied, having missed the opportunity to shoot the experiment. The man looked at Richard with disdain before shooting him with his pistol and fleeing. He fell onto one knee and grunted.

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The HEAT is on...   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 pm

The doctor raised his hands when the guard pointed his gun at him. "Would you mind pointing your weapon elsewhere? It's making me very nervous." Again he feigned nonchalance at the danger before him.

Unfortunately, no-one was willing answer his questions about this "experiment". "Could you at least give me a clue? I'm not very good at riddles." He slapped his hands together and smiled suddenly, as if he'd finally come upon the answer. Pointing at Richard he said "Oh is he one of the fearsome 600? The scourge of multiple galaxies? I thought a few of them had ended up on earth."

Suddenly, the captive snapped his head back, catching a guard on the chin, kneed another in the stomach, and pointed a gun at the doctor. But the odd little man noticed none of it. Reaching up, he pulled something from behind his left ear. "Look what I've found! thought I'd lost it forever. Never mind everyone, go back to what you were doing." The experiment suddenly fired several rounds at the doctor's feet, and he did the according jig. He'd seen in several westerns, and in several real life western moments, that when someone fired bullets at your feet, that meant they wanted you to dance.

He was still dancing when the man shot Richard and escaped. "Do you need a doctor?" the doctor asked, though he still didn't stop dancing, in case the experiment shot higher than his feet. Hopefully the man would see him as a "friend" and not an enemy, at least today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The HEAT is on...   

Back to top Go down

The HEAT is on...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1