Share | 

The Renaissance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: The Renaissance   Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:29 pm

The Renaissance (casual work in progress)
Slap a very wet newspaper landed in front of Jennifer as she strolled down the very wet street. The headline exclaimed “Renaissance Fair in Town.” Jennifer had never been to one before she grew more excited about it as she thought the many exciting things she would she there.
As she entered the ticket booths she noticed the lack of a crowd but shrugged it was still rather wet out. There were the workers doing reenactments amongst them jugglers, fire breathers and even full suits of armor.
As Jennifer walked around she noticed a rather large fortune teller’s tent too. Suddenly she heard a rather large pop behind her the men in suits in armor had disappeared! With another pop different knight appeared and clumsily began to gather together for a charge right towards her.
Back to top Go down
Trei the Nietsal
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Trei walked along a road- as usual, her kept his ears and tail hidden, and to anyone who didn't know him too well to see through his "disguise," he had brown hair and blue eyes. He was out partly because of the wetness- being from the family he was from, he loved water- or anything wet for that matter. He paused as he heard excited chattering nearby. Visitors to the Renaissance Fair. With a small smile, he walked over and slipped into the crowd, vanishing among them.
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Jennifer gritted her teeth she doubted her skill in martial arts could do much against armor. She decided to do the most unexpected thing charge back "BONZAI" she yelled hoping someone would hear. To her surprise the knights seemed confused enough to scatter with just space to spare she managed to duck through and hide inside the fortune teller's tent. "well my dear what have you gotten yourself into?" A whispering voice asked. (neutral npc I can do that without an extra oc creation right?)
Back to top Go down
Trei the Nietsal
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:20 am

(I'd assume so, as long as they're not going to be permanent)

Trei paused as he heard a shout nearby. Curious, he pushed through the crowd to where it had come from. However, upon arrival, he found nothing unusual. Puzzled, he spun in a small circle, looking for whoever might've shouted. He didn't see anyone who might fit the voice.
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:13 am

"The knights mistook you for someone else now off you go and watch out for the gemstone." The voice said. Before Jennifer could even ask what was going on a swirl of smoke filled the tent when it cleared the tent had disappeared. Leaving just an empty field, even the workers were gone, something very strange was happening. Jennifer spotted a rather unusual man looking around for something he had probably heard her yell. "Over here mister, I think something rather odd is going on, I was told to look out for a gemstone, have you seen anything?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 am

Night took a long bite of her samich. Her eyes darted to and fro. She smacked herself in the face, to make sure she wasn't dreaming. "What the bloody hell...?" She muttered under her breath. She tossed her samich behind her, and took a cookie out of her pocket. She simply stared at the Renicance tent, that had just disapeared. "What the BLOODY HELL!?" Night screamed, standing up. "Here we go again. Why. WHY!? I just wanted a VACATION! Three Timelords and a Dalek is MORE than enough to turn you off from adventure! I just wanted to sleep, but NOO. Now, I have to be included in this mess, not because I don't want to, but because I want to." Night walked up to a person in the crowd, and put her hands on their shoulders. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!" She turned to the place where the tent had been. She paced around it, over and over again. She even took dirt samples. She took out her scythe, ignoring the fact that that was not the weaponry belonging in this century; or planet.

"I give up. I do, I really do." She sighed, laying in the dirt. She sat up, looking at a woman looking who seemed to be looking for something, and even more interesting; she was with Trei.

Night's ears popped out and waved around. She pulled the woman with Trei by the shirt.

"Hello; dearie. What were you saying about gemstones?"

Night's tail wavered slowly. If anyone asked anything, she could say they're props.
Back to top Go down
http://neurxsthxnia.tumblr.com
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Surprised Jennifer jumped back into a fighting stance before relaxing. Staring and the rather large scythe that had appeared in the strangers hands. "I think a gemstone or something might be behind the disappearances." Jennifer suggested shrugging it was the only theory she could think of "That's what the strange voice suggested at least." Looking around again she noticed there seemed to be a flicker of light in the air looking closer she could just make out an ancient castle appearing in the mist before it disappeared and a much taller man appeared with a crown on his head a large sword in his hand "Sorcery?" he proclaimed "Morgana will pay for her treachery!" Jennifer's jaw dropped she had come to a rather stunning conclusion with all the talk of morgana this man could he be King Arthur?
Back to top Go down
Trei the Nietsal
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:18 pm

(Trei is disguised, so he looks like a normal human. And hello Night. Are we placing this after our private rp in their timelines?)
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 pm

(sure)
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:11 pm

(that's alright with me I'm planning something timey whimey to deal with valentine which is running at the same time right now)
Back to top Go down
Trei the Nietsal
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:39 pm

"Ah, hello Night." Trei nodded to her. "Haven't seen you in a while." His gaze flicked to Jennifer. "Now what's this about a gem?"
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:07 pm

The king overheard gripping his sword hilt tightly," This gemstone you speak of, my friend was trapped within, he warned me it would cause some confusion but not portals to another world." "I am seeking help on my quest, I am King Arthur." Jennifer wasn't sure how to react. "That voice I heard that told me to look out for a gemstone, was that your friend?" she wondered now that she thought about it the voice did seem to be male. She had noticed the king's reaction was he lying? What kind of gemstone could distort time and create portals? "It's a Wrinkle. A gemstone that can store time and energy, but can cause distortions in time if broken" The voice echoed again coming from all directions this time clearer. (because of major spoilers I'll apply for this after the story is complete) "Does that clear everything up?" Jennifer asked sarcastically.
Back to top Go down
Trei the Nietsal
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:14 pm

"Well, that answers a bit. But I've never heard of a gem with that kind of power." He tilted his head slightly, seeming lost in thought. After a minute or two, he straightened. "Right, well, first things first. Better to know as much as possible on the gem than nothing at all. Is there anything else you can tell us?" He asked Arthur, standing with his arms crossed. This was his type of thing- finding out about new artifacts and what they do, with some adventure and danger thrown in. Danger wasn't always appealing, but at least he was exploring and learning, which is what he left Dulara to do in the first place.
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:46 pm

(the wrinkle its a work in progress so bear with me) "I know nothing more we barely had time to escape the effects, ourselves my friend Emris sacrificed himself in my place." Arthur answered a touch defensively.
Jennifer shook her head now she was sure "Pardon me but I know you are hiding more Arthur, you seemed to be in control of that portal just now."
Arthur's whole stance shifted from polite to steely and determined this time he did draw out his sword "You will not speak of what you do not know woman! That gemstone takes the life of those within I will not let you destroy my friend or wrest it from me!"
There was a bright flash coming from a large stone the size of an orange coming from his hand glowing with energy. An image like a projection appeared within showing a tall man with a flowing white beard he nodded towards Jennifer.

"Too much energy and..." but he was cut off as Arthur retreated briskly waving his sword around wildly as Jennifer attempted to get closer it was obviously controlled by touch, if they could overload the gemstone maybe that could help?
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:28 am

Night looked at King Arthur and that gorgeous sword, not saying Kincinari wasn't enough. Night's yes grew wide, and turned to King Arthur. "WAIT! I AM MORGANA, AND IF YOU WISH NO NOT FEEL MY WRATH OF MY SORCERY, YOU WILL THE WOMAN GO. IF YOU REFUSE, I WILL KILL AGLOVALE."

She turned to Teri. "Ready to die Aglovale?" She winked at him, and turned back to King Arthur.

"I have cast a spell on Aglovale and I to look different, I will give him back to you only hen you set her free."

She pressed Kincinari, lightly on Trei's throat.

"Time's running out. I know where all the knights live, and I can kill them, just like this, but all of them in a second."
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:39 pm

"DO YOU THINK ME A FOOL?" Arthur shouted now even more angry and paranoid, in his anxiety a lead container tumbled to the ground. Jennifer knew lead could block some radiation maybe if she could get the gemstone inside Arthur would listen to her idea.
"That was a good idea but I don't think he's in the mood to listen, I need a distraction." She whispered to Night and Trei. Backing away from Arthur's sword warily she wasn't quick enough to sneak the gemstone away.
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:39 pm

"Well, yes, I do think you a fool you moron. Heck, I bet you're more a fool than I"

Night suddenly, and surprising Ly changed clothing, from a frilly summer dress to something that look semi apocalyptic, short sleeved shirt, cargo shorts and he hair tied up in black ribbon.

"Trei, with me." She whispered to him. Running towards the gemstone, and jumped upon King Arthur, and attempted to grab the gemstone, and missed.

"Lead, lead, something lead." She turned her attention to the lead container, and shove it on the gemstone.

She twirled her hair, and sat on the floor, staring at King Arthur.

"I may not be Morgana, and I might not know sorcery, but I want to reiterate something. I'm the thing that hides under your bed. I'm the one who you find in the dark alley, I'm always watching. I follow you in the shadows, and when. the time is right, I strike. Feasting upon your flesh, I feel no guilt. I will devour you if I have too, because guess what? I haven't had lunch yet."

Night's ears, tail and fangs came out, and she waved her tail around her legs, and hissed at Arthur, bearing her fangs at him. She turned to Trei momentarily, and looked at him. "You too Trei. Come on."
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:08 pm

With a loud whoosh wind blew around as the energies the gemstone had sucked dry returned to its former place the earth itself, and Emris
"Thank you my lady, the old man said now fully present. " I go by many names I will always be The Wizard."
He winked at everyone "come Arthur I know a way out of this time." Arthur looked more confused than ever shaking his head in a daze following Emris to a tall white tree. Emris pressed a knot and it opened silently finally disappearing with the noise of the universe. (its a TARDIS but Jennifer doesn't know that)
The lead container shrank down into a tiny cube now harmless Jenifer decided to put it onto her cat's collar later. "I think that solves everything even though it was a bit anticlimactic who's up for some ice cream.?" she asked grinning noticing that the fair was now in full swing normal again. ( I know it was short, mostly for practice, so I would love some feedback)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Renaissance   

Back to top Go down

The Renaissance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: