Share | 

Mirrored Image

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Mirrored Image   Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:42 pm

With a thud the TARDIS landed, the scanner on the control console completely blank and the sound of static echoed throughout the seemingly endless interior of the time machine. The Doctor smacked the side of the scanner, only to change the color of the screen from black to white. Straightening up his position over the console, he released a sigh before rubbing the back of his head with his hand.

Within a flurry of aggravation, The Doctor kicked the control console and spun around, leaning up against it with his back. "Five days" He complained out loud, "Five days you haven't been able to land anywhere. What's going on with you? Ey?" he asked. Rolling his eyes, The Doctor turned his attention to the door then released a sigh, "Might as well see if i managed to land...." he mumbled. Sauntering down to the ramp, The Doctor squeezed out of the door and entered a completely white room, the sound of pure nothingness permeating the room around him.

Gazing around, The Doctor locked his sights on a nearby door shaped image; the closer he got the more he released it was a picture frame. Running his hand down the side, The Doctor arched his eyebrow, "That's weird.." he mumbled as he peered through the frame. Within a matter of seconds The Doctor knew where he was; a mirror store in downtown London. The shops name sign hanging outside of the door, the attendant walking by completely unbeknownst of The Doctors presence. "I'm in a mirror....well...that's a fir-" He began before the sound of the TARDIS caught his attention. It was leaving him.

Whiiirrrr.....wwhhhhiiirrrrr.....wwhhhhiiirrr. The TARDIS dematerialized as The Doctor attempted to jump into its open door but to no avail. His time machine disappeared from sight along with possibly his only chance of leaving wherever he was. "That's not good.....that's really not good".

Back to top Go down
http://docwhorp.forumotion.org
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Jennifer struggled with a rather large mirror taking it out of the trunk of her car. She could finally put the antique to use by selling it to the downtown mirror shop. Part of her felt sad letting it go it held some happy memories thinking of when her husband had proposed to her.
Ready sweetheart? he said clasping his hands over her eyes as the ventured into an old attic. And open. Jennifer gaped at the beautiful mirror with gold inlay and designs along the frame. "So that we can always look back at this moment" he said getting on one knee and revealing a wedding ring
It was like her daughter said it was time to let go of the past.
As she entered into the shop the lights flickered "Hello your lights are not working I have something to sell." She broke off something was very wrong Jennifer felt like she was being watched. She carefully set the mirror against the counter and attempted to find the light switch.
When she tried the power still remained off leaving eerie shadows and reflections all except for one mirror that remained blank even when she stood in front of it. Creeped out but determined she approached to search along the back of the frame maybe it was a trick mirror like at the fun house but she found nothing.
Disheartened a bit Jennifer approached the back room maybe the manager was there?
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:06 am

Night ran way, sweat dripping from her brow. There was a mob coming after her with batons, as usual, so she ran. Night was cornered. For once, she hadn't done it. She hadn't killed Jerimiah Pitt. She had seen the crime be committed, and did not pause to stop it, but she didn't lay a finger on him. "Now, now ladies and gentlemen, lets settle this is a pleasant manner." She said putting her hands in front of her. "YEAH! YOU'RE RIGHT! KILL 'ER!" A man from the crowd said. Night's eyes grew wide. "Isn't that illegal now? And wait, "Kill 'er?" Oh no. Kill her." Night grabbed her purse and leapt over the crowd, running faster than she had when she was running from the police; speaking of the devils. The siren rung loud, and the police cocked their guns, and pointed them at Night. "Oh my... It seems I forgot my license in the back pocket of my other pants." She said with a phony accent, mocking the police. "Alright smarty. Put you're hands in the air-" He was interrupted. "-like you just don't care! What are you going to do officer, gimme a ticket? I don't think so." Night Knocked the police officer out, and ran into the nearest shop, and tied the door down with metal chain.

Night fell don on the ground, and looked at her hands. There were pieces of glass in them. She picked the glass out of her hands, and licked them, trying to clean them of blood. She took a towel and wrapped her hands with them. She stood up, and looked at her surroundings. Her tail and ears popped out, and fell limp, and her heart skipped a beat. "Mirrors. I hate mirrors." She thought as she silently screamed on the inside. She looked around at the mirrors, and focused on one. It had orange engravings that spelled out: Mox invenies quid quaerit, sed quod maius est, perdes quod opus.
She silently wondered to herself what that meant. She heard a crunching and looked at the store assistant. "Er.. Hi!" She leaned in closed to him. "I'll give you three grand of you leave this place for the day." The assistant left, and Night was free to roam; or so she thought. "Is anyone there?" She waltzed to the back room, and gave out a gasp of disgust. "The old hag!" She screamed out loud. "What are YOU doing here?!" She berated her. "Not that I would want to know you filth." She spat on the ground at which Jennifer's feet stood, and waltzed back to the main room. "Is there anyone else there?" She said out loud, stretching her arms out, and curling into a ball. She yawned, and fell asleep
Back to top Go down
http://neurxsthxnia.tumblr.com
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:05 pm

The doctor examined himself in the mirror and frowned. He was too neat. His suit had been recently washed and pressed, a necessary evil to remove the stain of some alien cuisine. Hopefully a couple adventures would return it to its old, natty appearance. He placed a beret on his head, he loved hats and even had a small collection. Earth hats were his favorite.

The Tardis landed in England in the 21st century and the doctor stepped outside, looking for a coffee shop. Suddenly a large crowd raced by hellbent on catching and killing whoever it was they were chasing. Naturally the doctor was intrigued and followed the crowd. He saw their quarry enter a nearby shop and tried the doors, only to find them locked. He went round back and slipped through a window.

He noticed Jennifer. Didn't they meet in New York in another time and place?
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:20 am

"Hello Doctor" Jennifer whispered "I'm glad your here the mirrors are strange and a psychopath named Night is looking for me."
Any other time and she would have charged out of the back room yelling her trademark bonsai. Truth be told she was scared of what Night would do after the last time. As she examined the room further Jennifer noticed a seam that did not go with the rest of the wall.
"A secret passage really?" she muttered thinking of how cliché that seemed. Sure enough there was a small button hidden on the wall opening a passageway without a sound. A tactical retreat was in order Jennifer searched her large purse for a handy distraction.
"tape, phone, wallet, bandage, sewing kit, collapsible cane, movie ticket stubs... here we go this will work" she said pulling out a small flashlight and some left over string from knitting. Tossing the string through the door towards Night and then running down into the passageway hopefully there was no trouble down there.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:43 pm

The Doctor tried to keep his poise as he watched people walk in and out of the mirror shop, from an old lady to the girl he had met previously on the bridge then finally his previous incarnation. Banging on the mirror wall in front of him, he attempted to make a sign, "Night! Night!" he exclaimed. But sadly the attempt was to no avail as he was only able to make his mirror rock ever so slightly against the box it was leaned up against. Releasing a sigh, The Doctor began to crank the gears inside of his conscious as he started to think of a solution. "Come on Doctor...think think think..." He mumbled, "They can't see me...so a one way mirror. But...what if i could shift it? Bend the focus of the mirror not on the outside but instead..the inside? No..that's daft..yes! No....yes!..no wait..hold on. Of course! Yes!!!".

Jumping back, The Doctor reached into his suit pocket and flipped out his trusty sonic screwdriver; firstly adjusting the settings then activating it over the mirror wall in front of him. The wall moved and waved like the surface of the ocean, waves of blurred reflections danced around for a second before settling down. The view became clearer, the far off distances now an HD like view on a television screen. Scrutinizing his new scope of his surrounding environments, The Doctor quickly peered around, just a second too late as the back of the older woman disappeared from the far right hand view of his frame. Running to the far right side of his frame, The Doctor attempted to catch sight of where she was going but it was already too late.

Then The Doctors eyes landed on the ball of yarn tosses out by the older woman; it's rolling motion leading his gaze to the curled up form of Night. "Night!" The Doctor proclaimed, waiving his hands frantically to try and get her attention, "Over here!!! Oi!!!! Come on, i know you can hear me, use those ears of yours! Night!!!".

Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Night's ears twitched. She grunted and turned over, but her ears twitched again. "No... You can have the fish... for me?" She said a bit of drool coming out of her mouth. As the screams got louder, she blinked, her eyes red, and her hair looking a bit knotted She stretched, and yawned, her fangs showing as her mouth was stretched. She smacked her lips, and blinked, looking around. Her ears twitched again, and her eyes turned to slivers. "Doctor...? Doctor! Is that you? Where are you?" She said out loud. She looked for the source of the sound, and found herself face to face with a mirror. Night's face got red, and she bloated up. She tried to keep it in, but she fell back laughing. She wiped the tears from her eyes and looked at the Doctor, but fell back laughing once again. This repeated quite a few times, until she regained composure. "Would you care to tell me how this happened, and how you plan on getting out? And if it includes me," She stared at a mirror, and spaced out for a minute. "Count me in." She grabbed she nearest piece of string, and tossed it up in the air, unraveled it and found many ways to amuse herself with it.

She grabbed the Doctor/Mirror and walked towards the backroom. "The filth was here just a minute ago..." She told the Doctor. "Did you happen to see an old hag cross this area? Her name is Jennifer, and I can't say we get along very well, as you can tell." She entered the back room, only to find a past incarnation of the Doctor walk down the stairs. She looked at the Doctor menacingly, and sighed. "Well?!" She whisper yelled to him. "You're coming with me."

She picked up the mirror and walked downstairs, smirking at the Doctor, the 10th one to be precise.

"I swear! Do you remember meeting me then? I've met this... this you, before. Very crafty. But, I swear you are going to get an EARFUL!"

She crept down the creaky stairs, carefully, but she was truly; very afraid.
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:03 pm

As Jennifer explored the dark tunnels beneath the mirror shop the hairs on the back of her neck raised as she heard a creak from the stairs. Turning she saw a little girl with a red balloon standing in front of the stairs who grinned in a very menacing way "Hello I'm daughter of mine I'm going to trap you too."
"Doctor, Night get down here I need your help!" she yelled there was no way she was going to underestimate someone's strength again. The girl gestured commanding a scarecrow to attack
Jennifer. Pretending to be scared Jennifer backed away into a fighting stance getting her collapsible cane ready hopefully it was heavy enough to at least distract the thing.
Back to top Go down
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:56 pm

The doctor had been looking with interest at the mirrors, trying to discern what made them strange. He noticed the passageway that Jennifer had descended and decided to follow her. Hopefully either sleep or the string would keep night distracted. That catwoman was crazy. He was heading downwards when he heard Jennifer's call for help. Night approached from behind though she was going downwards as well, and holding a very interesting looking mirror. The doctor broke into a run down the stairs. He reached the scarecrow and began tearing out its straw. He couldn't fight off a living being but he felt he could handle it. He could suddenly hear someone sniffing him from behind. A deep sniff. He turned to see a little girl with a red balloon. And a gun. She smiled wickedly. "you must be the doctor. But not the one I'm familiar with." She pulled the trigger.

He ducked and the scarecrow exploded into a green mist. Daughter of mine laughed. Then she noticed her damaged scarecrow. "Get them!" she roared and more scarecrows poured out from the dark. He felt strong arms pick him up. The scarecrows had him now.
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:09 am

Jennifer waited a moment surprised by The Doctor and expecting Night to be right behind him. In the ruckus Daughter of mine had forgotten her giving her time to take out a lighter.
"Your not the only one who can fake being harmless you know," Jennifer said casually tossing the lighter into the air and catching it.
"Would you like a little fire scarecrow?" Jennifer asked deliberately being annoying. The scarecrows turned flinching away from the fire but gathering together to charge at her.
"Here Doctor get out of here!" Jennifer called tossing the lighter to him. Her heavy cane easily knocked the scarecrows away as she searched for an exit. She bit her lip nervously realizing that there could be someone else down in the tunnels trapped. Using the distraction she sneaked behind a pillar nearby ready to help if need be.
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:57 am

*whistles innocently* DIDN'T DO ANYTHING.

I was literally half asleep and bored. sorry 'bout that. Hehe. He...

*sighs*

just; continue on. I attacked her; and bad things like that.

Last edited by DemonDuckling/NightPyre on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:17 pm

((umm...Night. There are Scarecrows, the straw men in corn fields. No crows, the bird. Scarecrows, no crows. And you can't do the last sentence you put due to Godmodding, its where a member takes control of another persons character. Drealynn currently controls the movements and words of Daughter of Mine in this RP; for example you can put that your character attacks D.O.M but its up to Drealynn to either allow D.O.M to just stand there and take it, or do something about the attack. This prevents people from taking complete control over the RP))

The Doctor tried to see what was going on the best he could as Night carried him down the steps like a hand bag. "What is it?! Show me!" He proclaimed, banging his fists on the mirror wall in front of him, trying frantically to do anything to help the people around him battle whatever was attacking them. Then suddenly he heard her voice, a voice he hadn't heard in a very long time. "Night! Listen to me! You need to get out of there!" He pleaded to his carrier before he and his frame was dropped to the floor as Night attacked the little girl. Smacking up against a nearby crate, the mirror rested up right against it, allowing The Doctor to view the battlefield in front of him.

The older woman whacking scarecrows with her cane, The Doctors previous incarnation being held back by the scarecrows and Night, his carrier, leaping through the air in attack mode. He was powerless. Powerless as he watched the scene unfold, not even his sonic screwdriver to change the affect he had on the battle in front of him. To The Doctor, it was like watching a horror movie; seeing his friends and other people die while he could do nothing about it. "Doctor!" He finally exclaimed, waving his hands to his previous incarnation, "Oi! Doctor! Use your brain for once! I can give you all the information you need..find the TARDIS! Find my TARDIS and it can help you!!".

Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:25 pm

(to say what dom is doing I'm going to post out of order if that's okay) Daughter of mine grinned easily stepping aside from Night's attack. narrowing her eyes at Night she threw a fore field ball at her. (like around their ship in HN) She took a deep sniff arrogantly seeing the lighter fly through the air.
"As if fire would really effect my scarecrows" she bragged sending more to trap Jennifer, and pick up the mirror the Doctor was in. A flicker of fear passed on Daughter of mine's face as she saw the mirror, she turned it carefully so that her reflection would not show.
Gesturing again she revealed TARDIS sitting dangerously on the edge of a pit, if anyone tried to sneak inside they would end up falling with it. She could finally have her revenge.
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Night grimaced; and spat on the ground. "I never cared for scarecrows, mirrors, girls; old hags or really naïve stupid Doctors; but really; scarecrows? I mean; couldn't you use magic knives, or something like that? Just; that's sad. I'm one who judges; and that's sad. It's the plain truth, but that is besides the point. Let's get on with this." She snatched the mirror the Doctor was in out of her hands and laid it in front of Daughter of Mine. "So; Doctor, look familiar? Puny girl- ugly hair- pitiful weapons..." She chuckled to herself. She sat on the floor amidst the chaos. She threw a cookie at the girl; and ate one herself. She looked at the TARDIS; an chuckled to herself. "Well then. I guess you think we're done for." She tapped the force field, and raised an eyebrow. "Um... Cookie?" She asked. She walked against the hard ground; and the force field around her rolled. "Hehe." She rolled over to the pit, and ran into the TARDIS. She did this repeatedly to it would fall in the pit. After she pushed it in, she jumped in the pit. She wouldn't get hurt with a force field. Night though the TARDIS started to smoke; but it would have been worse if Daughter of Mine got to it. "DOCTOR! I'M OK! YOU'RE TARDIS IS TOO!"
Back to top Go down
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:41 pm

The doctor stopped struggling against his captors. He could feel them slacken their grip once he did so. Escape should be a cinch. Jennifer was holding her own successfully against the scarecrows, though they were composed only of straw. She tossed him a lighter but it fell on the floor a few feet away from its intended recipitent.

He suddenly heard a familiar voice. His own voice. Turning to see his future self, and very much irritated that that version of the doctor would be saving the day, he could only see his reflection in a mirror propped up against a crate. Though it was more a reflection from the future.

Annoyed by the lecture he'd given himself, but even more annoyed by the sideburns he was now sporting, the doctor suddenly tore his arms from the scarecrow's grip, then dove for the lighter. "Stop telling me what to do!" He said to himself. Picking it up he lit a flame and waved it at the scarecrows, but they merely cocked their heads and looked at it curiously though they didn't come any closer. Looking around for his Tardis, or at least, his Tardis from the future, he spied it perched precariously near a pit. But Night, trapped in a force field ball, knocked it in. There was only one way to get inside now. He raced up the steps and sealed the passageway down once he was back in the mirror shop. At least Daughter and her scarecrows wouldn't be able to escape. But then again, neither could anyone else. He entered one of the rooms in his Tardis, this room contained a special teleporter. It could move him from his own Tardis to the one in the future, the one in the pit.

He activated it and entered the console of the future Tardis, noticing first and foremost, the hideous coral pillars. But now was not the right time to worry about the sorry state of his Tardis. First and foremost, Daughter had to be defeated, yet the doctor wasn't the kind of person to wrestle a gun from a little girl.

He extended the Tardis air shields around Night and rematerialized them near Daughter. Stepping out of the Tardis, he handed her a pocket watch. "There it is, a time lord's life force. Inhale deeply." His future Tardis had told him everything he needed to know about DOM. He waited for her to open it, knowing full well that it only contained pepper.

Last edited by 625 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drealynn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:05 am

Daughter of mine decided to forgo caution to obtain the power of a Time Lord with it she could destroy everyone who got in her way. She could feel even now her power waning from seeing her reflection, As she opened the watch the pepper tickled her nose causing her to sneeze over and over. Enraged she pulled out her weapon shooting everything in sight "GEB THEB" (get them she has a stuffy nose)
Ducking carefully in the chaos, Jennifer's large bag dropped to the ground spilling everything. Her hand mirror caught a tiny reflection of daughter of mine showing her to be translucent for just a moment.
Now she had a crazy idea again "Bonzai" Jennifer yelled racing for the Doctors mirror turning it towards Daughter of mine. Upstairs with a crash every mirror shattered. Daughter of mine screamed as she almost disappeared completely her form flickered showing The Doctor in her place briefly. The scarecrows collapsed from lack of power and the force field flickered off releasing Night.
"It's not working I need something else" Jennifer yelled struggling with the backlash of power.
Back to top Go down
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:06 am

The doctor winced when he heard the mirrors crashing upstairs. Jennifer had focused the mirror on daughter of mine and she'd been temporarily replaced by himself from the future. But in order for it to work permanently, she'd need a power boost. He pulled out his sonic from the future and amplified the signals, to permanently switch the positions of DOM and himself.

The HOLM method, of trapping people in mirrors, was outlawed in seventeen galaxies. He'd identified it as such and wondered who would do that to DOM? He hadn't finished reading about his future encounter with her. He didn't know how it worked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirrored Image   

Back to top Go down

Mirrored Image
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1