Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile

Doctor Who RP

 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Watch Your Step

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Join date : 2013-04-28
Age : 18
Posts : 1775
Location : Not the zoo, that's for sure.

PostSubject: Watch Your Step   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:45 am

There's a certain air about the street at night, isn't there? It invokes a sort of fright. The snow was falling gently, this specific evening. Silently, yet quickly, like a sheet rushing to cover the main exhibit in an art gallery. It was as if something knew it wasn't time, yet. It wasn't time to be seen, and it wasn't time to be heard. 

The clicking of footsteps on pavement threatened the winter's sloppily kept secrets. It was almost daring the weather to deny its presence. It responded harshly, biting at the skin of the figure hurrying to escape its focus. As much as she would have liked Jack Frost to leave her alone without consequence, she was prone to give in and fight, retaliating with a puff of warm air in impatience. Her nose was beginning to run, and she stopped it with a gloved hand, breathing into the warm cloth instead of inhaling the crisp, bitter atmosphere. 

A glowing shop sign called to her from the end of the street. The only shop she knew to be open at this hour, she was glad to find its inviting warmth before Frost had a chance to strike her down. She picked up the pace, click clacking as fast as she dared. One could only threaten Mother Nature so much. Perhaps she'd take greater care in guarding her treasures if she wasn't so sick of them.

At the threshold, Rudy spend no time hesitating, and thrust herself into the harsh smell of alcohol and plastic. She hated this corner store. But at least they had milk. Grimacing against the buzzing lights, she click clacked towards the line of fridges, snatching a half gallon and taking it to the counter.

The cashier grunted in appreciation of her business - something she found more than slightly unnerving. "How much?" She requested, eager to end the process and get home before her mothers knew she forgot to do this earlier. 

"Two fifty," they mumbled, words slurred together as if they were drunk. Maybe they were. Rudy reached into her bag and rummaged for the change, frowning in concentration as her fingers slipped past seemingly endless layers of sketchbook paper.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-30
Age : 19
Posts : 716
Location : Space

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step   Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Through the grimy shop window a bright flash of light could be seen, blue-white in colour and lasting a second, as if someone had flashed a strobe light once. A strange crackle permeated the air in the second afterwords, like static. The crackle was not necessarily loud, but it seemed to reverberate everywhere. Then all was silent again, as if nothing abnormal had ever occurred.

Outside, a man threw a strange wrist device down onto the ground, into the slush and snow near his feet. The device, a vortex manipulator, was fried black, occasionally letting off a small spark. The smell of melting wires and metal emanated from it as the inside broke down further, accompanied by small wisps of smoke that were easily lost in the relatively gentle but persistent breeze.

Theta clutched at his wrist where the manipulator had just been, and swore vehemently at the melted device, resisting the urge to kick or stomp on it. His wrist stung from being burned; it was a little pink but mostly red, little bits of black ash clinging to the area. He didn't quite comprehend that he shouldn't be touching the burn, or that he could possibly stick it in the snow to ease the pain, caught up in the moment as he was. After a few moments of being in the snow, the manipulator ceased its sparking, and for the most part, smoking. Letting his wrist go and using his good hand, Theta cautiously picked up the device with two fingers, holding it up to his face to inspect it. As if the blackness wasn't enough to determine its death, it was still giving off its terrible melting odor. Theta exhaled loudly through his nose, as if to get the odor away from him, almost sneezing in the process. He wasn't even sorry when he threw it back into the snow; that thing wasn't getting fixed anytime soon.

He raised his eyes from the device and took the time to observe where exactly he had landed. The air smelt crisp and distinctly Earth-like, though there was no telling if this was Earth; many planets had the same nitrogen and oxygen dominant atmosphere that the blue planet did. Though, the weather was certainly something you might find in Earth's northern regions. He crossed his arms over his chest as best he could with a stinging wrist, eyes darting from shadow to shadow, as if they might hold vashta nerada. The only light came from a small building not a block away, seeming to be a convenience store. The chill of the winter, and of the apprehension you get from being in the dark, forced Theta into moving towards the single light of the street. The vortex manipulator lay behind him in the slush, already being covered with new snow, much like his footprints were.

_________________
The risk I took was calculated, but man am I bad at math
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Join date : 2013-04-28
Age : 18
Posts : 1775
Location : Not the zoo, that's for sure.

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step   Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:01 pm

The clinking of change broke the silence of the corner store, and the corner of her mouth turned up in satisfaction. One, two, three.... Ten quarters. Rudy tossed them on the counter haphazardly, scooping up the jug of milk and escaping the shop. 

Stepping lively, she held up her wrist to check the time, the liquid sloshing vigorously. "2:34," she mumbled, ducking her nose into her scarf and quickening her pace. No doubt she'd wake someone sneaking back in at this hour, but it was her fault for forgetting the keys. The spare was still in under the doormat, right? Assuming she could even reach under it without her fingers freezing off in the snow. 

Her arms hugged close to her body, her wrist bent at an odd angle to keep the cold beverage away. To think she could be using laying in her bed, snug under her covers and slipping into unconsciousness right this second. Click clack click clack. With how eager her toes were to finally step out of the snow, she thought she might as well be sprinting the three blocks back. 

Rudy noticed a shadowed figure begin to approach - or perhaps that was her, approaching them. Her heart thumped in her ears at the thought of what might lurk in the dark there - as well as the exertion she was using to speed past it - and she tucked her face into her scarf, peering over the edge to guide herself. It wasn't more than a few moments before the wafting scent of melted skin and plastic met her nostrils through the thin fabric, and her lungs made a pitiful attempt to cough the sensation away. God, that even tasted bitter. She grimaced, not really wanting to find out what was causing it.
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student
avatar

Join date : 2014-12-16
Posts : 205
Location : The Starship Enterprise

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step   Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Sleeping calmly on a side bench; as she breathed in, and out, relaxed and indifferent; that was until it started to snow. She shivered; and tucked her legs under her bum. She yawned, and look at the scene around her. She wasn't there when she fell asleep; was she? How long had she been asleep anyways? She looked to the right of her; and there stood someone; or two? She picked up a rock; ready to throw it at anyone who was there. She banished the silly thought of anyone sneaking up on her, and buttoned her coat. She whisked the hair out of her face, and stood up. She walked towards the snow; and there was... pardon? Night let out a yelp, and a cough and looked at the burnt; Vortex Manipulator? Night rolled her eyes, and took out a napkin, and picked it up. She was stuck on Earth for the time being; might as well see if she would be able to repair this. She turned around; and fell in the snow. "Aye... Well then. Vortex Manipulator. With a little bit of this and that, maybe; just maybe..." She pulled the beret of her her head so it covered her face.

Night was hungry. She turned to the convenience store, and pushed the door open. She grabbed three gallons of milk and some anchovies. She turned to the shopkeeper and glared at him. "Are you expecting money? Oh, too bad. I'm not paying for this." She said to him in a demeaning tone. She exited the store as quick as possible, alarms flaring behind her. Night rolled her eyes, and kept on strolling. Everyone was asleep by now. Hopefully. She opened the first jug of milk, and put it to her lips; the sensation warming her body; though the milk was cold. Milk wasn't really good for her; but; hey. She finished off the last bit of milk in the first gallon; and tossed it aside. She opened the anchovies, and took a bite; Putting it away, she drank the other two gallons, and stuffed them with snow. "Hello?" She said. "Is anyone there?" She turned where the shadowed figure was, and whirled the milk jugs at it; attempting to hit it. She was going to let NO ONE take her anchovies. No one.

"You can't have them. Leave my precious alone." She said, hissing at the figure. As much as she wanted to run; her curiosity got the best of her as she stayed where she was. She couldn't move. She managed to cover her face with her beret and retract her arms into her coat; laving only her eyes. She looked at the blaring sirens again. Good disguise? Maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://neurxsthxnia.tumblr.com
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-30
Age : 19
Posts : 716
Location : Space

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step   Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Theta yelped as the jugs came out of seemingly nowhere, and he was only able to drop down as they went sailing over his head. He swore he felt the wind as they passed. Another thing he felt? His burned wrist getting weight put onto it. He tried to get up but only ended up falling down onto his front. He hissed and clutched at the burn, the action doing nothing to ease the stupid stinging. After a moment where he attempted to push the pain to the side, he jumped to his feet and stalked towards the figure. He was not amused, not at all, and this showed on his face in the form of a nasty scowl.

"Okay, what is your deal?? Throwing snow filled milk jugs at people? What kind of person are you?!" as he came closer he saw the woman, though she still hid behind the beret and scarf she wore, so he couldn't recognize her as Night "Look, I don't know if you're drunk, or just an idiot, but I've had a long night okay? How about you take your freaking milk jugs and go, I don't know, somewhere where the cops won't get you? Or get arrested for all I care"

The cops weren't too far away, now, that much was obvious. Through the shop window, you could almost see the cashier, who by now was muttering almost-drunkenly into the phone and sparing panicked glances outside every now and then. The police sirens were loud and piercing, though the cars hadn't actually shown up yet.

_________________
The risk I took was calculated, but man am I bad at math
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Join date : 2013-04-28
Age : 18
Posts : 1775
Location : Not the zoo, that's for sure.

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step   Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Rudy heard a shriek echo into the street, and it took her a moment to realize it was her own. She might not have thought of it without the scratchy feeling tearing its way up. She pressed herself into the cool brick of a nearby building, eyes wide as saucers. This woman had completely lost it. Or maybe she did. She swore she could make out cat ears, and maybe a tail, but she wasn't bold enough to get a better look. This was far too much excitement. 

She held her hands to her ears in desperation, grave panic overtaking her as she failed to drown out the sirens. Her blood was louder than any sound surrounding her, and she wished it would stop. She just wanted it to stop. All she wanted was some milk.

Shivering from chill or terror - she wasn't quite sure - she willed her feet to fly from their spots, to carry her straight back to her home and away from this awful mess. In all honesty, she still wasn't convinced this was reality playing before her eyes. Her knees felt stiff, and her fear continued to multiply. "No no no, nononono, no no..." she rattled off to herself, loosing her footing and slipping down the side of the building. Rudy felt numb. Everything felt numb. The universe felt numb. Was she still breathing?

_________________
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student
avatar

Join date : 2014-12-16
Posts : 205
Location : The Starship Enterprise

PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Night glared at the man; and her eyes widened. "Sigma?!" She screamed. She looked at him. "Okay; lets get this straight. I'm not drunk; nor am I an idiot. Call me that again, and I will hurt you." She slapped Theta in the face; and grabbed a handful of snow; and slapped it on his wrist. "Don't move." She turned her head to the fallen girl; and grunted. She didn't care; right? A moment later she found herself kneeling beside the girl, wrapping her coat around her. Hopefully she was going to be ok. She took off her long sleeved shirt, leaving her in a short sleeved shirt. she crumpled it up, and let the girl use it as a pillow. She turned to the cop cars, and pulled her beret down. She grabbed the vortex manipulator, covering her nose from the stank. She started to tinker around with it. The flicker of the blue sparks could be seen as she kept yelping in pain.

Her cat ears and tail wavered out, as she focused on the Vortex Manipulator; and not keeping her ears and tail in.
Back to top Go down
http://neurxsthxnia.tumblr.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Watch Your Step   

Back to top Go down
 
Watch Your Step
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: