Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Red Wind I_vote_lcapThe Red Wind I_voting_barThe Red Wind I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Red Wind

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:37 pm

The wail of a lonely wind blew through the empty house as the Doctor trudged through each room, searching for something specific. Something he had been told would be there by a rather unreliable source now that he had time to think about it. Honestly, how many times would he fall for that damnable woman's tricks?

Placing a hand to his forehead, he shut his eyes in an attempt to stave off the oncoming headache he knew was bound to happen. Just like it always did whenever Sonya pulled a prank on him.

"'Go to Se'Raww' She said. 'It would be there for sure.' She said, well..?" He flung both arms out and turned in a slow circle in the middle of a dusty room. "Where is it?"

With a low grumble, he passed a hand over his eyes and slowly headed towards the exit. "I swear, nex' time she comes around. Out the hatch an into the firs' black hole I see." The irritable Time Lord muttered under his breath as he stepped back outside into the dim light of sunset, the air crisp with the taste of honey as it drifted over his senses.

One world to enjoy if he ever managed to have time to himself would be this one. There weren't really scents but everything had a taste instead. The trees didn't smell nice, they tasted like nature.

And the food didn't smell spicy, it tasted spicy even before you put it in your mouth. It was unique in the factor there were very little pollutions in the air to carry any scents so the result was the taste buds going into overdrive and attempting to make up for the fact that there was lack of scent around.

It was rather what he expected a snake to feel like now that he thought about it. Shaking his head, the Doctor felt a wry grin pull at his lips as he strode towards a familiar blue box in the distance, intent on finding a certain Time Lady with too much time on her hands for his comfort and giving her a piece of his mind.

Just as his fingers brushed against the handle of the door, another taste drifted across his tongue, bitter, burning... Strange.

Turning to the side, he caught sight of what looked to be a red sandstorm, but no, it couldn't be a sand storm, this planet had no sand anywhere, not even on the beaches, grass right up to where the water met the shore and morphed into a strange algae that continued under the waves.

So just what in Rassion's name was that?
Back to top Go down
Student
Student

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:48 pm

The doctor, a scruffier, earlier, more innocent incarnation stepped out of his Tardis. He groaned when water suddenly rose up around his ankle. He'd accidently managed to step into the ocean. A closer examination of the ground revealed the cause of his mistake. The grass grew right to the water's edge, and even under it. He pulled his foot out of the water, stepped to more solid ground, and slid some of the grass that clung to his shoe off with his other foot. Immediately his senses were barraged with an array of...tastes. That was odd, his mouth was picking up things that should be filtering in through his nose. Fascinating. Suddenly another taste joined the others. It was...bitter. Turning to see the source only a red sandstorm was in view.

He could leave right this very instant, just leave and avoid whatever it was on the horizon. It was not in his nature. Knowing full well he'd regenerate if it was lethal, the doctor stepped back into his Tardis, careful to avoid the area where ground immediately gave way to sea. He landed his ship closer to the storm and glanced at the scanner screen, hoping to he could puzzle out the strange effect.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Just as the Doctor was about to dart into his TARDIS another one materalized not too far away. Not too far away as in directly next to where he was standing. As in almost on his toes. "Hey! Watch where yer flyin that thing!" He shouted, jumping back a few feet then stomped forward to rap on the door sharply. "You'd of landed on me if it wasn' for the security!"

Another bitter taste drifted across his tongue, prompting the Doctor to turn away from his reason for his ire and back towards the approaching sandstorm with a frown. "Whatever yer reason for bein' here, fine. But you ought to know that storm approachin' isn't natural." With that he turned around and headed for his own TARDIS, quickly unlocking the door and slipping inside to fire up the scanners and figure just what the hell that was outside.
Back to top Go down
Student
Student

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 12:17 am

The doctor swiftly turned his attention to the rapping on the Tardis doors. He might've paid no more attention to the irate pounder if it hadn't been for the voice that came in through the doors. It left him speechless. Why'd he come back to this very event? He noticed the familiar blue police box shell on the outside, glad that at least some things stayed the same. And yet he couldn't help but shudder at the many redecorations that he'd gone through. But he didn't have time to worry about his future, only the now.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 9:33 pm

(I was waiting to see if anyone else joined in but I guess not)

"Tsk." The Doctor clicked his tongue against his teeth, his eyebrows furrowing slightly as he stared at the scanner in front of him. Something in the coming storm was messing with the readout, the screen constantly had static running across it, nearly making it impossible to read properly.

"Come on!" He growled out, smacking the side of the screen as another bout of static raced across it, trying to clear the image. "Ah! Finally!" The Doctor cheered with a large grin on his face, one hand patting the console lightly as he leaned forward to study the information.

"Ah... That is... Tha's not suppos'd to happen..." He huffed out, straightening up and passing a hand over his eyes in thought. "Electro magnetic static... Red sand... Bitter..." Muttering to himself, he began fiddling with various components on the console, ordering the TARDIS to take the information it just showed him and add it to what he already knew for another readout before stalking towards the door again and peering out at the other TARDIS.

"Oi, you might want to 'elp out. 'Avin a bit of trouble with the scanners." The Doctor called out, knowing full well he could be heard even through the doors on the other ship before turning around and resuming his work on the console with intense focus written across his face.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Slam. A book slid down the wall and joined the ever growing pile of Tourist Guides in the corner. Theta Sigma paced in front of the TARIDS console, flipping through 'The Andromeda Almanac' rather aggressively. After a few moments, that book joined the pile, as well.

"Aren't there any good planets to visit anymore?!" the frustrated Timelord half shouted, fanning a handful of pamphlets out like a hand of cards, and, seeing nothing good enough, let the papers all drop, where they fluttered to the floor like leaves. He switched over to the console, flipping through a planet database he had pulled up, not spending more than a few seconds on each as the holographic images popped up. He paused on one.

"No, no, I am not being picky, I'm being perfectly reasonable" Theta argued to the ceiling, stepping back from the console for a moment, almost slipping on the pamphlets he'd thrown down. "It's her birthday, okay? It has to be perfect! Sonya, she didn't care where we went, as long it was fun; she's been everywhere! But Robin, she hasn't. So we can't just go somewhere she's been before"

Theta paused and watched the ceiling, presumably listening to what Lady had to say. His eyes darted over to the planet he currently had pulled up on the console, Se'Raww, the little image rotating slowly like it would in real life. He frowned in contemplation.

"Tastes instead of smells? Well that's certainly unique, but do you think... yeah, I guess she would like it" he looked back up at the ceiling now, giving a smile of gratitude to his TARDIS, promising himself that he would take her wherever she wanted after Robin's birthday trip. "How about we scout it out first, see if they've got any interesting land formations or festivals we can land at once she's here?"

Receiving an affirmative hum, Theta pulled up the flight controls, kicking the clutter he'd made while searching for a planet under the console to get it out of the way. As they started their journey the planet, Theta glanced at the info card that hovered next to the image of Se'Raww. Now that he wasn't so irritated, he could see how nice of a planet it was; largely uninhabited, with rolling green fields, and winds that carried tastes instead of smells. Yeah, Robin would like it, Theta was certain of that.

A sudden burning taste was the only warning he got before the images flickered out of existence, leaving the TARDIS dark expect for the remaining glow in the conductor water. A lurch, then, and the TARDIS was sent spiraling.

Above the whirling sandstrom on Se'Raww, a TARDIS materialized, spiraling out of control. In fact, there was no control at all; the only thing carrying the box forward was it's own momentum and the gravity of the planet. It whizzed through the air only a little over 100 meters North of where the Doctors were. Just as the little ship seemed like a goner, it pulled up so that it was facing upwards, and slowed in its decent. When it finally hit the ground, it was still going fast, but only enough to make it skid a few meters, leaving bare soil in it's wake, tasting like wet dirt and water.
Back to top Go down
Student
Student

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:51 pm

Unfortunately, all the doctor could receive was static. Must be electromagnetic static screwing up the sensors. He searched the Tardis archives. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The console readouts contained no information on Se'raww or the red dust. Which meant he'd have to find out what it was in a more manual way. The Tardis was well stocked with books on all the planets, or at least about 90%. He stacked a cart with as many books as he could, layering it almost to the top. One of them, he noticed, was about 40,000 years overdue. A library book he'd taken and had yet to return. Ah well, he thought, as he threw it into the pile, I can always return it later beforehand. He dragged the cart out to the main console room and rubbed his hands. "Okayyy..." He said as he began flipping through the books.

"Okayyy..." He continued, over a half hour later. "Blast it!" He exclaimed, dropping the last book on the floor. Se'raww having not appeared anywhere. "Perhaps a later edition..." He was about to head back to the Tardise's extensive library when a scratchy voice came over the receiver. So... scanner trouble in the future too. "And what's the magic word we use when we ask for help?" he replied teasingly, wondering how his future self would respond. The word, of course, was please.

Suddenly another Tardis materialized, to the north about 100 meters. It spun rapidly and the doctor hoped this version of himself would be able to get things under control. Thankfully he did, though the third Tardis landed with a crash that kicked up dirt. The doctor sent over a transmission, wondering if the other time lord, for he recognized that this Tardis was a different one, was okay, or if the crash had forced him to regenerate.

Last edited by 625 on Sat May 30, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Poking his head back out the door, the Doctor shot a sharp look over at his previous version's ship. "If you think I'm going to beg myself for 'elp, you'll be waiting a while. In fact, don't wait at all, go ahead and swan off if you like." Before he could duck back inside his own ship, however, another came spiralling into existence, spinning out of control until it landed rather ungracefully and tearing up the grass in the process. "Oh, well look at that." Casting another look back inside to see if the scanner was still running, the Doctor bolted out of his ship and towards the new one, intent on getting some help that wasn't so irritating.

"Oi, open up!" He shouted, knocking on the door harder than was necessary, eyes darting over to check on the cloud of red steadily making it's way towards them. "Run a scan before your ship goes out like a light, if it 'asn't already that is."

With that said, he turned and booked it back into his ship, leaving the door open just a crack as he pulled the scanner over, cursing it as the image flickered and slapping the side of the screen sharply to get it to clear back up. "Come on! Don't give me any lip right now!"
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:19 pm

The transmission coming in was hard to understand, at best, distorted as it was by pauses and static. He tapped the panel a few times to fix the issue, but it remained stubbornly hard to understand. Theta was immediately worried; he knew that their landing was rather unplanned and abrupt, but he didn't think that it had done enough damage to affect the internal systems of the TARDIS... had it? He attempted to pull up the internal scanners to see what had gone wrong, but those, nor the external scanners, seemed to want to stay up. He glanced over to the transmissions panel, which looked like it was about to die out at any second now, and decided to get help before it went kaput, as well.

"Hello, yes, who is this...? No wait, don't answer that, it's not important. I'm uninjured, but I think something has happened to my ship-" the panel dropped before he could say more, it's pixels crumbling down and disappearing, like a badly made cookie. Letting out a quiet curse and pacing around the console, Theta almost missed the knock. He didn't, however, miss the unmistakable voice of the 9th Doctor yelling at him, his voice muffled through the door. Theta yelled back as he made his way down the steps.

"It's no use, my scanners are all dead! But I don't see why...!" he stormed over and yanked open the door.

"Oh... that's why"

It was still a far ways away, but it was one of the first things that Theta noticed as he stepped out of his TARDIS; a gigantic red sandstorm, taking up the entirety of the horizon, moving in a giant wall towards their position. As it came, it dragged along a fiery and bitter taste, as if it were composed of a million little hot tamales gone bad.

Theta's eyes locked onto two objects a little closer than the sandstorm, two blue boxes that were quite obviously belonging to the Doctor, though which regenerations he couldn't tell. He walked briskly towards one, the one with it's door partly open, sparing nervous glances towards the approaching sandstorm as he went.

"Okay, so, any idea of what that is?" Theta entered the TARDIS, jabbing his thumb over his shoulder as he approached the Doctor, easily recognizable as the ninth due to his leather clad back and close cropped hair.
Back to top Go down
Student
Student

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:51 am

Perhaps he'd gotten crabbier in the future. He couldn't even take a joke. Ah well, Enjoy your life while it lasts a phrase he enjoyed. Though in his case, he'd live for many more centuries, only with a different, ridiculous set of clothes, and even more ridiculous attitude. So in his case it meant this particular regeneration. Instead of "swaning" off as his future self so politely put it, the doctor decided to stay and figure this out. Mostly because he didn't like waiting centuries to figure out what the red dust was.

The return transmission was faint and scratchy. "Well it seems the Tardis had done a good job of protecting her (or his?) pilot. No mention of injury. Suddenly the audio cut out. "Oh dear..." the doctor muttered, trying to pick it back up. It might be the fault of the other ship, a technical difficulty on his own, or even both, yet he couldn't pick up the transmission again, no matter how hard he tried.

The scanners suddenly displayed a scratchy picture of the new arrival. He had no need to head outside his Tardis and make his way to the previously out of control ship. He was already doing it sometime in his own future, which, oddly enough, he was watching at this exact moment. Sometimes time travel could be really weird. He could see that in his future, he started wearing leather. Of course he'd wear different clothes. And of course he (as he was now) didn't like it. Unfortunately he could still only get visual, no audio.

"no other way..." He headed to one of the Tardise's many storage closets and fetched a space suit, slipping it on and waiting for the red sandstorm to hit. The console suddenly lit up, signaling that the storm had impacted the Tardises. "Excellent..." the doctor slipped on his helmet and took up a small round container he'd left on the console. Opening the door briefly, he slipped outside, and was thankful that the Tardis protected him from the impact of the storm, else he'd be swept away by the winds. And the suit protected him from the sand, and more importantly, the smell. Pressing a button on the silver ball caused it to open up, a little red bar, like a thermometer at its top indicating how full it was. The doctor leaned out slightly and filled the container with the dust, waiting for the bar to reach 100% before stepping back into his Tardis. Eagerly tearing off his helmet, the doctor fetched a cable, attached it to a port in the ball, then attached the other end to a port on the main console. Eagerly he rubbed his hands together as he waited for results. "Now, what do we have here..."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Shooting a quick look at his visitor, the Doctor nodded his head distractedly, eyes darting back to the scanner as he worked out just what it was that ravaged the planet. "It shouldn't be 'ere, that's what it is." He finally stated, a furrow forming between his brows as he drew them together in concentration.

Crouching down under the console, he popped open a compartment underneath and pulled a little, glass box out before closing the storage place again and striding towards the door. Peering out quickly, he judged the distance of the storm before placing the box just outside and extracted the cable attached to the side, drawing it just inside the door and closing it on the cable to hold it into place.

After checking that it wouldn't move, he quickly unrolled the rest of the cable in his hands, heading back to the console and plugging it into a port, allowing the scanner to begin picking up information from the cube sitting outside.

"This planet is covered in grass, from the edge of any body of water to under it." The Doctor began explaining to Theta, eyes locked onto the screen in front of him as it slowly began feeding him information. "The storm shouldn't be 'ere, there isn't any place on this planet with a big enough area to kick up a storm like that. Even now, I can promise you the grass you tore up landing 'ad already replaced itself with new grass."

After finally accepting the information would take longer than he liked to load, the Doctor flopped back into the jumper seat, a hand passing over his head in thought. "The taste is off too, I've never tasted anything like this. It's wrong, not part of anything 'ere."

A soft chime from the console drew his attention seconds later, making him jump from his seat and dart over to the screen and read the information displayed there. "Of course!" He said finally, slapping a hand against his head once he finished. "Iron oxide mixed with bacterium from the plants themselves! 'Old on, what year is it?"

Fiddling with the scanner a moment, he brought up the information before letting out a groan. "Two 'undred years too late. I knew I was off."

Turning back to Theta, a grim look on his face as he leaned back against the console. "The planet is being prepared for 'abitation. Considering the ecosystem and 'ow quickly plants grow, building anything would result in instant vegetation take over. The iron oxide mixed into the bacterium from the plants is designed to coax their growth pattern to slow." Casting a look over at the door. "And until it stops, the TARDIS can't take off. The iron oxide will throw the ship's systems out of order and I could end up landing on a star instead."
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Theta leaned against the railing of the TARDIS and watched the Doctor work, silently following the cube with his eyes till it was out of sight, blocked by the TARDIS doors. He then followed the view of the cable up to the console, and watched one of the screens as it slowly started to fill with information from the sandstorm that was starting to pass over them. Outside, the wind was loud, but the sound of a million little grains of sand starting to hit the TARDIS was more than enough to drown it out. It reminded Theta of flying through a planet's ring, though the familiar sound coupled with a stationary TARDIS felt odd. He turned the rest of his attention back to the Doctor, just as he was finishing up his explanation; he didn't catch all of what the man had been saying, but it had been enough to get the gist. The sand didn't belong here.

"So, if it's not from here, someone must have brought it, right?. But why would someone just haul a bunch of sand to a planet...? Unless they were trying to build a beach. A really soddy beach, if it all blows away like that!"

A chime from the console sent Theta's attention back to the screen he had been looking at previously, though before he could get a good look at it, the Doctor had jumped into his line of vision. He frowned and moved around to see the results, though, as this wasn't his TARDIS, he only comprehended a few things in the results, such as the sand being made of iron oxide, and something else with what looked like a type of organic chemical structure. An organism, maybe?

He didn't have to wait long before the Doctor was off, explaining the readings at a rapid pace. Theta nodded along, understanding, though as the Doctor got to the part about not being able to take off, he felt a drop in the pit of his stomach.

"So, what, we're stuck here??" Theta huffed and stared at the door forlornly. He'd been looking forward to bringing Robin somewhere for her birthday. This certainly put a damper on those plans. It wasn't all bad, though; despite the sandstorm, Se'Raww really was a nice planet. He grinned dopily at the Doctor, the beginnings of an idea on how to pass the time while stranded here forming in his eyes.

"So, do'ya got any space suits in this place?"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 9:10 pm

A wide grin spread across the Doctor's face at Theta's question and jumped down from the console, already pulling a piece of the grid up so he could dig around inside. "What kind of Time Lord would I be without a space suit?" He asked cheerfully, tossing one over at his temporary companion and climbing out with another in his hand.

"Couldn't 'urt to look around a bit. Planet isn't known to have any living species 'ere..." He trailed off, his eyes going unfocused a minute as he thought over what he just said then flashed another grin over at Theta. "Finding an unknown species..? Fantastic!" With that said, he began pulling his suit on quickly, eager to get out of the ship and into the storm. "Well? 'Urry up then! Come on, i won't wait around for you if you decide to take forever! Children, you'd take a whole day to get ready if given the choice."

Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 11:43 pm

Theta laughed in delight and caught the suit, immediately starting on pulling it on over his clothes. He struggled to get his right arm in as he followed the Doctor over to the door.

"Oi, I'm not a child; I'm over 50, I'll have you know!" pulling on the helmet, Theta shot a cheeky look at the man, barely managing to stop himself from sticking out his tongue and proving the Doctor right about the child comment "You're just sour because you're an old geezer"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Red Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Wind   The Red Wind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Red Wind
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: