Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
A World of Water - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA World of Water - Page 2 I_voting_barA World of Water - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
A World of Water - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA World of Water - Page 2 I_voting_barA World of Water - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

A World of Water

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

A World of Water - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A World of Water   A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 9:42 pm

"Alright, don't fret." Rhydian said in a low voice, concentrating as he held his Multi-Spanner in his mouth and made a visual scan of the battered bot, "Repairs are here."

Taking the Multi-Spanner out of his mouth and into his right hand, Rhydian activated the psychic interface feature of the Sonic Probe, and mentally told it to perform a diagnostic on the robot. After around ten seconds of scanning the entire figure, Rhydian raised the Multi-Spanner to eye level, eyeing it. His previously-calm face turned to a grim scowl.

"Ouch. You've taken a real battering..." He said under his breath as he furrowed his eyes. Sliding his hand over the metal casing of the bot, Rhydian pin-pointed an opening in a panel to an under-lying layer of wires and other alien technology he obviously did not fully understand. 'There's always the time to learn,' Rhydian thought.

Taking the Spanner out of his mouth and back into his hand, Rhydian 'unscrewed' the panel off with the Sonic feature and delicately peeled the panel off, revealing masses of wires and electronics and computers, most of which looked in real bad shape.

"Better get to work..." Rhydian said to himself, his eyes widening as he took a closer look.

((OOC: I hope this isn't godmodding that much, because I'm making do with what I've got. That being said, a diagram/character description of POET would be nice because I haven't found one in the character creation sub-forum. Thanks!))
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A World of Water   A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 11:58 pm

“O-hoh, wow! We’ve got some doozies in here…” Rhydian said in astonishment from examining the damage on the robots inside’s circuitry, his voice distorted from his position. He didn’t know much about robots from this time period or the next, but he could tell that this one was battered from the look of fried circuits and wires, soldering panels and stripped cores inside the thing, obviously due to lack of/prolonging of maintenance.

“You poor thing…” Rhydian mumbled under his breath, leaning inside the panelling to not only get a closer look but to rewire some of the blatantly ripped cords. The design schematics were pretty simple, simpler than Rhydian had anticipated (judging by the time frame, which he still didn’t know when) and his previous encounters with the sort. But it was still far beyond his reach (he only recognised some plugs and cords he had viewed on earlier visits to the future).

Grabbing the Multi-Spanner from the floor, Rhydian scanned the interior circuits and power source of the robot, which was on low power for one, and a lot of the inner electronics were either fried or damaged in some other way. Mostly fried. Bringing the Multi-Spanner to eye-level once again, Rhydian withdrew his head from the opening in the robot and viewed his scans. It showed some pretty burnt electronics. A lot would need replacing. But there were some things he could fix while he was there.
Turning around to look across the spaceport, Rhydian squinted to look for a repairs shop or something, Judging by the scans from his Multi-Spanner, most of the replacement parts he needed were stuff you could buy at a retail store. He hoped. Looking around, Rhydian couldn’t see any sort of hardware or electronics store, and he was about to go back to the infirmary to see if Charity was still there so she could give him a helping hand, until he found her a ways away, watching him repair the robot.

“Hey! Charity!” Rhydian shouted, smiling slightly. “I’m having a little trouble with some repairs here. There’s some stuff that needs replacing, uhh…”

Rhydian bent down to grab his Multi-Spanner again, and brought up the scans and read the parts that were in need of replacement aloud.

“I need a thermo-regulator, a scanalyser, a triograph detrinometer, a back-up power deregulator, an auxiliary choreoplaster, and a… standard-issue light bulb. I think that’s it. If you could get that for me, that would be brilliant. Fantastic. Exuberant.” He gave Charity one more smile before turning back to the robot, his smile fading away seemingly immediately.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: A World of Water   A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 4:39 pm

Charity watched curiously as Rhydian began to work on the robot. She had no idea how to do these things but he evidently did. She was rather impressed, actually. She remembered her little brother when he was around this boy's age, he could fix just about anything on the farm that was wooden or could be hammered or something. She could fix some things like that but as they had kept the farm very low tech, none of them had really learned much about how to fix higher tech things.

Suddenly she was being asked to fetch some things. She straightened up and listened closely.
"A thermo-regulator, a scanalyser, a triograph detrinometer, a back-up power deregulator, an auxiliary choreoplaster, and a standard-issue light bulb?" She repeated back. "Got it. I'll see what I can do." She nodded and then turned and hurried off to locate those items, many of which she had no idea what they even were.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A World of Water   A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 6:12 am

Rhydian jammed his head inside of the complex robot once again, wrinkling his nose at the smell of burnt and frayed electronics that just became prominent to him at that moment. Hopefully, Charity would be back with the stuff he needed to fix this battered bot, since the robot actually looked pretty aesthetically pleasing. This robot obviously had some significance somewhere, so he’d be willing to help out the ‘somewhere’ and the robot at the same time.

"Alrighty, let's start over… uh…” Rhydian said, trying to find a place to begin, “Ah! Here, that should do it.” He mumbled to himself with surprising emphasis, moving towards the voice box and capacitators first. That should be the main thing to reboot, as the capacitators would allow the robot to think, and the voice box would allow it to speak, of course. Those, in Rhydian’s mind, took a place over the movement and more complicated, luxurious features.

Rhydian first checked the battery meter. He took a quick glance at the meter, which was full. Not what he expected. Tapping the meter, which was electronic, he expected it to go down or something that happens with needle-meters on old cars with ridiculous mileage, but to no avail. There was, in fact, significant amounts of energy in the batteries. It was still a good thing. “Okay, so it’s not the battery…”

Multi-Spanner in hand, Rhydian reached his hand in, shuffling through to find a panel. He eventually came over to an access plate to the capacitators which he carefully removed and placed on the floor next to him. Grabbing his Multi-Spanner, he took a scan, overviewed it for a few minutes and after he got familiarised with the design, focused on the main capacitators and used the Multi-Spanner on it. As soon as he fixed the electronics, the whole control board on the robot’s chest lit up a blue light.

“So that was the problem... And it most likely isn’t the only one…” Rhydian said to himself dauntingly as he checked out the robot with his Multi-Spanner once again. The capacitators were in more or less functioning order. After checking the voice box (which didn’t require much work; only a few gears to turn and some wires to replug), he got out of the cramped space in the robot’s chest and looked at it in the ‘face’.

“So, you should work now. You’ve got your capacitators up to speed, your voice modulators and speech comprehension motors running smoothly. Do you have a name?” Rhydian asked the bot calmly.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: A World of Water   A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Charity searched through all of the spare parts she knew of, but she really had no idea what all but one of those things was. She looked around, then smiled as she found a package of light bulbs. Grabbing the whole pack, she then went to find someone who she could ask about the other things. She wandered the halls at a brisk pace until she finally came across a guy that she knew worked with parts and robotics and technology type things.
"Oh good! I need help!" She caught the guy by the arm and listed off the things she needed. After getting an odd look from him, he led her to a room full of parts and she watched while he began to sift through it.

Before long, Charity returned to the dock with her arms full of parts. She approached Rhydian.
"I think this is all of the stuff you needed, I hope I didn't take too long." She smiled and offered the items. She handed him the package of bulbs. "Light bulbs. Triograph detrinometer," She handed him a thermo-regulator, "Scanalyser," She handed that to him, "A backup power deregulator," She handed him the auxiliary choreoplaster, "Thermo-regulator," She handed him the Triograph detrinometer, "And the auxiliary choreoplaster." She handed him the back-up power deregulator. "Did I leave anything out?" She worried.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A World of Water   A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 1:02 am

Rhydian managed to clamber out of the robot’s chest piece, which was already in better condition than he had last saw it. Or at least, the interior was. The bowels of this thing was much more important than the outer casing, which would be easier to replace than the wiring. ‘The outside could wait later,’ Rhydian thought as he saw Charity come up with a pile of seemingly unrelated gadgets and pieces in her arms. He managed to haul all the stuff Charity transferred from her to his arms, and carefully placed them down next to him and near the robot.

“Yes, that is the stuff. All six items. And look! You’ve even gotten extra light bulbs!” Rhydian flashed the bag of standard-issue bulbs up, and placed them back down again in retrospect, as they were made of glass. “Thanks, this is definitely a big help.” Rhydian smiled sincerely at her and then turned back into the robot.

Luckily, Rhydian had already removed all the parts that needed replacing, most of which were utterly singed and burnt, some still sizzling in it’s own charred smoulder. Taking the fresh, shiny new parts one by one into the robot’s chest, replacing them in order of how he took them out (Rhydian was very conscious of how he did things; he always hated people who trailed off from instructions, he didn’t understand. Instructions were there for a reason. Too much time playing LEGO, he supposed), Rhydian eventually fastened every piece of machinery in the bot, smiling at his work.

Using his Multi-Spanner to power up all the parts, Rhydian pointed it at the robot and it lit up like a Christmas tree, in a good way of course. Blazing power shone from the new parts and a satisfying hum was emitted from the core.

“Alright, brilliant!” Rhydian beamed at the fixed robot, standing up slowly as he was in a crouching position for about forty-five minutes. Cracking his joints (it still alarmed him today; his bones creaking at this young of an age was surely not right), he turned to Charity once more.

“Again, thanks. Couldn’t have fixed this ol’ guy without your aid.” Rhydian thanked once again, smiling, then turning to the robot and patted it on the ‘head’.

“Rightie-oh, we should return you to your owner! Or, wherever you work. Or, if you’re an independent robot. I still don’t know who you are.” Rhydian furrowed his eyebrows slightly, looking back towards Charity. “I’m no expert in this field. Do you know who this bot is, and where it belongs? Is it even an ‘it’ or do A.I.s have pronouns here? Look, I’m really really unfamiliar with this place, trust me, you have no idea.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A World of Water   A World of Water - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A World of Water
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2