Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Rhydian Martis   Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Name: Rhydian Martis.

Species: Human.

Occupation: None yet, as he is still (technically) learning in the
education department, unofficially a space-time traveller, adopting the role of a ‘time agent’.

Status: Currently a student attending Conovare Secondary College, Western Australia. Financially balanced, family has a stable income and well over the poverty line.

Hair: Jet black, glimmers slightly brown when under a light source
(classic Asian shine), unkempt and medium-cut.

Eyes: Light Brown/Hazel.

Height: 179cm (5'6'').

Figure: Average body width-to-height ratio, no real visible muscle
build but not skinny nor overweight.

Other: Has a small, inch-long scar on the back of his hand after a
rooster on his farm bit him. Just thought that may be a little piece
of information that could come in handy... maybe.

Clothing: A generic T-shirt of any monochrome colour ranging from black, blue, red, and grey, and a male's double-breasted black denim jacket with white lining on each of the creases (For example, around the edges of the seams where the jacket joins up on the sides of the arms. Can also wear a plain Kahki jacket with pockets on the inside (yay) and four buttons down the middle. Either wears black tracksuit pants or black drainpipe trousers with regular runners/sneakers.

::Info::
Family: James Martis (Father, deceased), Ava Martis (Mother, alive).

Personality: Rhydian is a very cool, calculating person who shows
little stress. Not necessarily 'cold and calculating', but 'cool and
calculating', as he does show compassion and sympathy when
appropriate. He just has a little trouble conveying his emotions to
other people, and this has lead to assumptions about him and relating
him to sociopathy of some sort.

Rhydian seems to always have a sensible aspect to everything he does. He's not quite 'this needs to be done like this, and perfectly', but
it's certainly not charismatic either. He has an important feel to
him, as if he's always got something to do, and something that needs
to be done ASAP. If he is presented with a task, then he'll complete
it with little-to-no distractions, yet not obsess over it like someone
who has a disorder.

Rhydian never visibly shows his emotional state, which has concerned
some of his family and friends to a degree. He does have regular
emotions and feels them all too well, sure. He has just got a knack of
hiding them, and hiding them with true skill. So you know when something makes Rhydian snap, he's emotionally compromised to the extent that he may not be able to think properly.

Rhydian has an off-beat vibe in speech as just being there. By
off-beat, I mean he has a disconcerting presence whenever he joins
conversation. Something you can't put your finger on, but you know
whatever feeling that was in the room previously was gone. Whether it
was replaced with something good or bad, or removed entirely, you just know it's gone. Rhydian doesn't do it on purpose, and doesn't notice it 90% of the time.

He is more than happy to protect the innocent and do justice to
whatever situation he happens to be in. He'd be more than willing to sacrifice his life for the sake of others, as well.

He always had a really good irk for adventure and exploration, and then again, everyone in the town of Conovare did. Sometimes his love of the thrill adventure proposed to him got him into trouble. Actually, most of the time it did. If there was one thing he would retain out of all his strengths, it would be his independence and the ability to rely on himself and his trusty devices for extended periods of time.

Strengths: Can conceal his emotions when necessary, has a knack for
building things out of seemingly useless and/or unrelated objects, has
some objects of high technology.

Weakness: Can't express emotion well (when the time calls), regularly fight aliens of a higher strength/knowledge calibre compared to humans, so has a physical disadvantage, slight knowledge disadvantage depending on the location/time period he is in.

Likes: Building and tinkering with objects whenever he can, pizza
(generic, I know, but it's generic because a lot of people like it),
engineering challenges which are time consuming.

Dislikes: Pretentiousness in anyone, constant bickering, disruption of concentration (seriously, that can get on his nerves).

Dream: Rhydian dreams of taking the role his father took, yet at such a young age, he still strives to complete what his father never got to.

History:

Rhydian was born on the third of September, 2002, in a rural
town called Conovare, slap-bang in the middle of the harsh deserts of
Western Australia. The town was unbelievably small, only a simple
supermarket with limited stocks, a post office, one internet tower with really terrible connection, and houses. That was it. The population was tiny, only a small 197 people, most of which worked constantly to keep the town up and running. In the 2000’s period, the town struggled, unbeknownst to a young Rhydian. He lived through his early childhood innocent of all the financial troubles his town had experienced.

However that all changed when he was hit with an emotional and mental struggle that would stick with him forever. When he was just four years old, his father died while overseas serving Australia in the Second Gulf War in Iraq. He was shaken when the news was delivered, and that was about the time he started to keep a check on his emotions, concealing them from the public. It felt like the instinctual thing for him to do. Years of isolating himself on his own accord had shaped him into something else, something where if his father hadn't died, he may have turned out to be someone else. Seclusion became a daily occurrence for years.

It was in 2007 when the town finally started hitting up, and by the 2010’s it started to thrive. Live it up, in fact. The town grew more and more sophisticated from its previously rural farming life, able to accommodate more people and with better living facilities and more occupations. Which was just as well, since the town started to grow in population as well.

By the age of 13, Rhydian had copped his fair share of teasing and abuse from classmates for being 'different', but however never even reacted when verbally abused. His emotions never seemed to bottle up. One Sunday afternoon, he received a very mysterious package in the mail which was marked for him. Upon opening it he viewed a handwritten letter and a plain silver box under it about the size of two palms. The letter read as follows:

"Dear, my son

I realise that upon you reading this message that I am long dead, and I will never forgive myself for that. But unfortunately, you will most likely not understand why I had to fight in the War I did and how I knew that I was going to die. Because I did.

My beloved Rhydian, if only knew what I was talking about. I hope you and your mother are well. You might have realised that within weeks of my apparent death, the town had started to gain a surplus of money and used it to build much better infrastructure. How could I possibly know this?

Because I'm a time traveller, Rhydian. I come from the 51st Century and work for an organisation called the Time Agency, who go around saving the universe after a species called the Time Lords were wiped out.

I guarantee you that right now you think this is a practical joke sent by one of your friends and just a load of sick poppycock, but luckily I can prove it. If you just open the box, take the Spanner-looking device out and press the big button on the end you'll see what I mean.

Obviously you can't trust me and have no reason to so I have taken the liberty of installing a direct transport from the spanner across time and space to the 51st Century where you will meet me and I shall explain everything to you."

Rhydian didn't have time to drop the box before a large electrical crack burst through the room and, apart from some residual chrono-electrical residue, Rhydian had vanished without a trace.

He arrived in an unfamiliar, advanced landscape. He had moved, and not just through space, but through time. He had his father enter the room, which seemed impossible at the time, but it was all explained by him and informed Rhydian of everything he knows now, which was all this mumbo-jumbo on space-time and how he was passing his responsibilities as a time agent down to his son because he knew his death was to be premature and a fixed point in time and aliens exist and whatnot.

More importantly, he explained to Rhydian that it was imperative that he continued the family line of protecting the universe of any threats that it may face. He was now an 'unofficial' Time Agent of sorts. He had also learned that his father was in fact from the 51st Century and he was brought back to the 21st to stop an alien threat that would have wiped out the multiverse that originated from Earth. The only way he was able to save it was to sacrifice his life, entailed in his job description. Rhydian was shocked to realise his father was still dead and he was just talking to a past version of him.

Luckily, Rhydian's mind was not wired for denial (most of the time), so logical reasoning prevailed and he understood what he had to do. Even though he felt an immense amount of pressure on himself and was unbelievably dangerous, he accepted the terms because of one thing.

This was Rhydian's chance. A chance of one in a million, to fulfil his father's work that was never accomplished. A chance to see the universe in its wonderful splendor. To protect everything he lived for.

Rhydian has been travelling across time and space for a year now, trying to fill the void that his father left for him. He’s already had thousands of adventures (adventures that shall arrive to you via the Fanfiction subforum. Hopefully).

HOW DID YOU FIND US?: I was bored, my usual role-play website was
inactive, wanted a little more activity, searched up 'Doctor Who
roleplay' on Google and this was one of the first results. Beautiful website, by the way, you guys have really outdone yourself! How have I not stumbled across this before?

-THE ROLEPLAY BIT-

Rhydian was starting to sweat. His calm emotionless complex was starting to falter. He and the Doctor were standing under two streetlights, on opposite sides of the street. Why would this simple predicament of crossing the street be so stressful for Rhydian?

Mostly because the streetlamps were the only barriers keeping the two from being ruthlessly devoured by the Vashta Nerada, which were currently encircling their safe-havens of their light sources.

And the Doctor's one was flickering, and getting dimmer faster.

And the only thing he had in his backpack were unrelated, frivolous objects (aside from the screwdriver).

This wasn't the time for dilly-dallying. The Doctor's lifespan was shortening the longer he stood here doing nothing. Quickly, he concentrated, trying to shut out the thoughts of impending doom that was lurking faster on both him and the renowned Time Lord.

Luckily, years of restraining his emotions and burying them deep in the corners of his mind paid off, and he proceeded with his plan with haste. Grabbing the sonic screwdriver and the raincoat, he made it clear to the Doctor across the street that he had a plan. And what an amazing plan it was.

Rhydian activated the long silver tube, buzzing in a low-pitched tone. The raincoat slowly heated up and started to melt, molten plastic dripping on the concrete below. The smell was terrible, yet he persisted. Shuffling through his backpack, Rhydian brought out the torch and sealed it to the melted plastic, and blew on it to cool it down, which it did very quickly. He turned the torch on, then motioned to the Doctor.

"Doctor, don't catch this, I'm aiming for the street lamp!" Rhydian exclaimed.

Rhydian swung the raincoat/torch object around his arm, making it gather energy. Once it reached the top speed he could manage it to, Rhydian let it go out of his hand, hoping for the perfect throw and the perfect landing.

There was a period when the raincoat-binded torch swung freely in the air, making its way to its destination, where time seemed to stop. Time sped up again when it hit dead-on the horizontal pole of the streetlamp, the raincoat wrapping around like a lasso. The torch hung from the pole and all the Doctor had to do was tap the torch in the desired direction, which was in front of him, creating a barrier of light across the street.

Rhydian hoped he would make it in time, as his street lamp was starting to falter too.

Last edited by Rhydian Martis on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:17 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Rhydian Martis   Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:59 am

Hey there ! Name's Brax. Welcome to the site Smile

I've read through your app and it's definitely interesting! Though, there is something that hasn't quite been explained, the killing bit you had mentioned, perhaps it's best if you explain that further in his history as it doesn't make sense that a 14 year old would be completely fine with someone's death.

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Rhydian Martis   Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:16 am

Ah, I see. I've taken it out. Now that I look over it, doesn't seem very rational.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Rhydian Martis   Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:49 am

Accepted Smile

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Rhydian Martis   Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:19 am

For reference, I have edited this page and (sort of) changed Rhydian's history to make it seem more realistic at least in my eyes. If any of the moderators were to read this, then I hope it gets approved (in whatever way. I dunno if it needs acception or not so I'll leave this message here and 'bump' it to inform).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhydian Martis   

Back to top Go down

Rhydian Martis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Character Creation :: Character Creation-
Jump to: