Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_vote_lcapVermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_voting_barVermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_vote_lcapVermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_voting_barVermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Firefly
Newb
Newb
Firefly

Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) Empty
PostSubject: Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)   Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 am

Twilight.. The world seemed to settle across San Francisco with just a few taking to the cobblestone roads and riding the trolley down various busy streets.  Sadness, and confusion seemed a distant place as the wind caressed pale cheeks and tossed red locks of hair as she lingered in an opened window from her small apartment.

Mismatched eyes were lost on the horizon as lights disappeared with dreams coursing through the very souls of all the people here.  Each had a special place; a message, and often they were filled with thoughts of the days gone by and what might come tomorrow.

But for the woman in the window watching her beloved city fall into slumber, she was helpless not to remember her more recent dreams.

Flashes of nightmarish events; of brutal murders and she... She was holding the knife that ripped across the throats of women in times of old.

Temperance withdrew with fingers caressing locks of hair to rest up behind her ear.  Another night.. Perhaps the nightmares will fade this time, and she'll have pleasant memories of her sleep for the first time in years.  Doubtful, however.  Had it not been for the gruesome dreams of a time long passed, she would be recalling the devastating events when she had been deployed, and her bombs killed so many.

A whisper in the tragic darkness of her mind.. As she slept, something pulled the very fabric of her reality; tore it asunder, and sent her spiraling back to a world she had only dreamed of---

Men surrounded her in the foggy streets of London, April 1888.  They watched, and gawked at the unusual clothing she wore.  Snarky remarks were made, but Tempy, unlike many, laughed along as if nothing could break her humor, or her courage.  But she was afraid.  Confused, and uncertain of what might come of this.  Was it another dream?  No..  It was real as she found herself fighting back with fresh wounds appearing where the strikes had landed.  But she kept going; kept surviving because if anything, that was something she knew how to do.

They had the advantage, but the sound of a police whistle sent them scattering.  The gallows were still fresh for those who committed atrocities, and what might have happened to Tempy would have no doubt fell under that label.

As the men disappeared, Temperance backed away deeper into what she thought was a dead end shrouded in deep shadow.  A couple of steps were taken back, interrupted by a sharp sting as something struck the back of her head, and darkness left to consume her for a time.

When she woke, she found herself in a relatively well off home, and a young man roughly her age, seated in a chair beside the bed.  Dark, almost black eyes and brown hair hung to his cheekbones about his face as he rested a warm cloth against her forehead to help sooth the ache he was sure she would experience.

As Tempy opened her eyes, she felt her heart stop.  The image she saw; the man tending to her, looked akin to someone she once knew.  Someone... she once loved.  It had to be a dream, she told herself, but the wounds left on her were more than a wake up call - a reminder that what was happening, was really transpiring and she had no choice but to experience it.

So who was he?  Who had come to her rescue?  He was skittish about touch, but spoke with great intelligence.  However as the weeks crept by, she would sometimes catch him staring at her for too long, with a look in his gaze like he were dissecting her bit by bit.

Rumors of the murders by Jack the Ripper had spread, and Temperance, bored without her computers and video games, had begun taking a strong interest in what it was all about, and who the Ripper might very well be.  The man she stayed with seemed amused by her speculations, and ideas, but he gave only enough input to keep the wheels in her noggin turning; her curiosity building.

She had begun to fit in, mimicking the local accent knowing her English-American one might draw unwelcome attention.  Her clothing, however, was geared more towards the boyish side with pants, a fancy, fitted coat with lovely, feminine accents and boots with just a hint of a heel to allow her easier movement and comfort.  She often wore goggles but more as a style than use, unless she were looking into something of interest.

Out in the cool evening with the faintest drizzle of rain dampening the architecture of London's Whitechapel district, Temperance made her way along the streets in search of more clues that could help solve the recent spree of murders.

A terrified scream broke her concentration, spinning on a heel to try to locate the source through the flickering gas lights running along the empty streets.  With a small book in hand, the young woman took off towards the sound --
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)   Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 9:17 am

The familiar hum of the TARDIS loomed over The Doctor, who paced around the control console; his eyes dancing over the controls as he fiddled with them. The Doctors mind racing over the fine details of his most recent adventure, with his fellow Time Lord Sonya, involving a deranged man wielding the power of time and space disruptions. No matter what he did The Doctor could not get over losing the trail on the man, knowing that he could be out there powering up for something big. Sandmen had roamed the streets of London causing chaos and havoc but stood no chance against the combined might of himself and Sonya, but the man lingered still. Where are you?.... The Doctor thought as he glared at the screen in front of him, and leaned against the console, waiting impatiently for something to come up but to no avail.

Smacking the side of the console, in frustration, The Doctor shot back up to a standing stance as he placed his hands into his pockets with a sigh. "Can't believe i let him get away.." The Doctor grunted before suddenly being thrust forward, his hands clinging to the side of the console being the only thing stopping him from flailing to the ground. His eyes widened with excitement at the sight of flashing red lights on the scanner, gallifreyan symbols whirled and bounced around the screen. "Gotcha!!" The Doctor proclaimed, jumping in front of the screen and yanking down the main lever. The TARDIS spiraled and hurled through the time vortex with break neck speed, sending The Doctor to the nearest, and newest, time disturbance.

With a thud, the TARDIS landed its light on top of the blue box flashing and engines groaning as it locked in its place at a corner in a dark and murky alley way. Inserting his sonic screwdriver into the console, The Doctor downloaded the details and set his trusty device to track the disruption and without a moment to waist he bolted down the ramp. Snagging his trench coat, The Doctor quickly flipped it on as he locked onto the signal with his screwdriver and began his chase. I won't let you escape this time.. He thought as he turned the corner of the alley way and entered onto the main street where his eyes caught onto a black mass out in front of him, his sonic screwdriver roaring to life as it detected the signal.

The Doctors trench coat billowed behind him as he dashed over the figure, his sonic screwdriver extended outwards in front of him as he ran. Suddenly noticing his surroundings, a sudden realization struck The Doctor, "It can't be.." he mumbled as his attention diverted to the buildings to his side and the gas lights hugging the side of the road. "This is England...early England.." The Doctor said before blood curling scream called out, immediately diverting his attention back to the figure who faded in the distance, "Ripper..". Continuing his chase, The Doctor now ran with new found speed and urgency, This isn't good...not good at all.
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Firefly
Newb
Newb
Firefly

PostSubject: Re: Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)   Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 am

With a light mist of rain, and the low fog that often accompanied it in the streets of Whitechapel, each breath seemed hotter than usual pluming out in a burst of mist from her lungs.  It felt colder than it was for the very seem reason, making her thankful she brought her long coat.  However the chill on the air wasn't her concern right now.  She needed to locate the source of the scream, and see if there was any indication on who the culprit was.

Emerging from the darkness with a small, unlit lantern hung loose in grip, she makes her way forward towards the remnants of a body.  Unfortunately for the corpse, it was.. well.. a corpse.  But Tempy quickly deduced that she had died pretty fast given the deep slash on her throat.

Pulling her goggles down with the magnifying glass slipped in front of the left lens, she kneels beside the body to begin looking it over knowing the police response would likely be delayed given the area, and amount of crimes recently - many matching this one.  Many.. falsely pinned on the Ripper.

"I'm afraid.. your story will likely go untold.." Believing herself to be alone, she spoke with her normal mixed accent; English and American.  "History has a tendency to bury the victims in light of the monster."  she told the corpse.  "Your name will likely get mentioned at least.."  Gloved fingers carefully shift fabric and cautiously avoid blood or other possible evidence that could be vital to the investigation.  After a quick once over, she stands, pulling a small book to begin writing the details out.

However it's when she turns --- that she finds she's not alone.  Sliding the goggles up so not to creepily magnify her blue eye, she couldn't help but blink a few times trying to discern who it was she was seeing.  "Oh.  Pardon, S--"  Tempy began with a thick English accent mimicking that of the local times, but stopped as her brow knit in confusion.

What was he wearing?  It could sorta fit into this era, but.. No.. No the detail of it was wrong.  It looked more modern!  How is that possible?  Had he ended up back in time, too?  She didn't exactly look like she belonged either, but she had adapted well enough to.. mostly.. blend.  People just considered her a bit of an odd ball.  Maybe a would-be inventor.  However being a woman, even if she did invent something it was likely to be looked down on.

The sharp cry of a police whistle threw Tempy from her thoughts, looking around quickly before she took off back towards the alley she had earlier come from.

Women are seen as carriers of diseases such as cancer. she notes, They're looked down on in many ways.  Not accepted as equals in society.  Oppressed.  Prostitutes are considered some of the filthiest women in London.  Perhaps that's why he ---

A large, dark body would step out in front of Tempy as she hurried away from the crime, forcing her to stop in her tracks.  Lifting her eyes from her book, she tilts her head slightly to the side to regard the figure.

"Where are you off to, little bird?" the deep, rumbling voice from the male inquired.

"Tick away from bedlam at this rate." Tempy remarked with a slow grin.

The man stared with a hardened gaze, cold and dark steel blue, "Only a tick?  Can't much do with so little."

"Well y'know what they say about size." Tempy throws out with the grin growing, finding a slight lopsidedness to it.  She was keen on insulting his intelligence, and other.. masculine traits, seeming completely unconcerned for her safety.

The man's aged features contort into irritation as he stepped forward trying to force her back into a wall.  However Tempy holds her ground, seeming unfazed by the man's arrogance.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)   Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 8:33 pm

The Doctors eyes roamed around the surrounding buildings once more, before his trusty sonic screwdriver glowed with new life and sound as the signal renewed. His eyes, and attention, shot back down to his screwdriver; lifting it up he hovered it in the direction the figure was and slowly began to walk forward. The screwdrivers noise lowered slightly then suddenly shot up again just as the figure came back into view, it turned to the left and into what seemed to be an alley and that's when the sonic screwdriver really came to life. The Doctor squinted and paused as he pondered his possible moves, if this was truly the period of Jack the Ripper he would need to approach carefully, Why Jack the Ripper? Why this time? Of all the places and times to pop up why did you choose here and now? he thought.

Releasing a sigh, The Doctor lowered his sonic screwdriver to lower the chances of possible early detection. His cream colored converse sliding across the slippery stone road as he cautiously approached a nearby building. Hugging the wall, The Doctor slowly came closer to the alley way the figure had turned down; the echo of voices now reaching The Doctors ears. The Doctor paused and listened in to the conversation once he was close enough to clearly hear the voices; It doesn't sound like the man i met with Sonya... he thought as he listened in, Either this could be just some other man or...either way the sonic picked up on him so he's got to be important somehow.

Gulping, The Doctor decided on taking a chance; a chance that could spell the end of his life if done incorrectly or prove extremely helpful to the woman on the other end of the conversation. By the sound of the man's voice, The Doctor could feel the growing anger and harmful intent and knew that in only a few moments something bad could happen. "Allons-y" The Doctor mumbled under his breathe before stepping out and in front of the alley way, making his presence known to both parties. "Hunny!" He exclaimed, locking eyes with the woman and immediately winking to let her in on his plan, "I thought i told you to stay home tonight! Blimey i'm so sorry, she's a bit..you know".

With a sniff, The Doctor quickly hurried to the woman's side, placing his hands nonchalantly into his pockets and grinning as he faced the man. "Anyways! Thanks for finding her. She tends to wonder off and forgets things...well actually a lot of things. Had to remind her how to put on her clothes yesterday..bless. She makes good tea though..well..i say good..well..i say good enough..well....drinkable. Best just buying some tea instead half the time but what are you gonna do?".
Back to top Go down
Firefly
Newb
Newb
Firefly

PostSubject: Re: Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)   Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 9:15 pm

It probably didn't help that she was poking at nerves - very intentionally.  Itching at a spot behind her goggles, she gives the overbearing brute an innocent smile as he huffs at her words.  "Bloody strumpet!"

"Well no."  Dropping her eyes, Tempy slides her hands behind her back and begins to rock a bit on her feet, "More like.. Mismatched bummer of sorts." Another cheery smile is shot at the man which seemed to provoke him in itself.  He stirred, lifting his hand like he might strike her, and Tempy would loosen her fingers leaving her hands against her back but quick to move if needed.

"Dun put your eye out trying to hit me, ol' Flapdoodle."

That would have done it until the voice shattered the tension (at least from Tempy) causing them both to look towards the Doctor.  The man's thick brows furrow as his hand begins to fall, soon resting again at his side.  He scowls towards the younger (in appearance) man, "This ones yours!?" his volume rises with anger.

"Down boy." chimes Tempy, glancing sidelong at the brute, "Don't be vazey.  If you're off starting brawls with women, not much you can do against blokes like him."  Thumbing back towards the Doctor as he approaches.

When the Doctor speaks of her being a bit off, Tempy practically flops herself against him to add to the performance, "Oi oi we should be off to paradise, love!"  Listening further to what he said as she watched the confusion grow on the man's features, she snorts a bit, "Oi.. Easier gett'n them off." referencing the comment of clothing.  Her smile only broadens as her playful nature blossoms with the right company - or entertaining situation where she can really get away with it!

The man fumes with a deep frown causing new wrinkle lines to form, his brow narrowing downward heavily eyeballing the pair.

"Aye, tea.  Not enough leaves, need more.  Make it strong like my lover here."  Leaning forward towards the brute, her smile grows, "He's quite talented!  Good for the soul.  Like hoagies and whiskey.." standing up straight, she gives him a conflicted look, "Maybe not so much."  Pointing up as if she were making a point, "But at least he has something worth gabbing about, aye?"

The man practically snarls in anger, but Tempy is right there, stepping in front of the Doctor, "Aw don't be so pucker, lad.  I've a gift for you!"  Drawing a spherical item made of layered newspaper and something harder, and tougher on the inside, she offers it forward, "Just solve the puzzle, and it'll pop with a fun surprise!  Then you can go chasin' wagtails."

The man looks confused at the object, moving it around in grip to try to sort it out.  However in his frustration, he simply throws it down believing it to be some trick which ultimately sets it off.  By this point, Tempy had been backing away knowing fully what would result in the ball going off.

As it strikes, it cracks sending a plume of brownish-green smoke from the orb, filling the air with a horrific stench that could, in theory, drop flies.  The man chokes as he backs away, pulling his scarf up to try to block out the god awful mixture of scents but failing to do that, he takes off away from the two.

Harmless, but absolutely foul in scent!

"Time to run, Converse." she says in a changed accent; English-American, 21st century, as the smoke continues to seep from the sphere. With a quick, cheeky smile, she takes off running with, or without the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)   Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm

The Doctor grinned widely as the gas shot out and covered the man in front of him, his smile dropping as he noticed that the woman had bolted down the alley way behind him. Chuckling slightly, The Doctor turned on his heel and chased after the woman; echoes of coughing and aggravated grunts bounced down the alley. Barely able to see the form of the woman in front of him, The Doctor could not afford to look back and see if the man had pursued them as he tried to keep up with the mysterious and mischievous newly introduced acquaintance.

Turning a corner to his right, The Doctor suddenly felt the vibration of his sonic screwdriver as it caught onto the signal once more. With his attention now completely diverted away, The Doctor stopped and flipped out his sonic screwdriver; however activating it lead The Doctor's eyes straight back to the woman. The screwdriver glowed with life as The Doctor pointed it in the direction of the woman, it's constant beeping urging The Doctor to chase after her. His eyebrow arched with curiosity as he continued his chase after the woman, but this time with new found speed and urgency. There's something up with her..i don't know what it is....but the sonic seems to think it has something to do with the disturbance..what could it be though?.

"Oi!" The Doctor whispered out to her, trying to catch her attention and stop her from running any further but also not too loud to draw the attention of the man. When the woman did not stop, The Doctor continued to follow her trail, tracking her now with his sonic screwdriver.
Back to top Go down
Firefly
Newb
Newb
Firefly

PostSubject: Re: Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)   Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 8:43 am

All she wanted at that point, was to get away from what could potentially blow up into a rather nasty fight and while she was certain of her ability to take down her attackers without lethal force, not fighting was just... more preferred.  She cuts down narrow paths and finally hangs a sharp right into a small cluttered alleyway with stacks of wooden crates, torn fabric and varying miscellaneous items.  Deeper in, the shadows grew thick giving the alley an ominous feeling.

Eyes squint to try to pierce the veil, but without much luck she grabs a small lantern hung from a hook at the entrance into the area.  Fingers curl around the old, squeaky handle as she turns, swinging it around to try to illuminate her path.  A fleeting shadow forces her to jerk sharply just beyond the reach of the thick darkness, frowning deeply, "Oi.. Someone there?" she mimics the local accent cleanly hoping not to alert anyone to the fact she.. doesn't belong there.  "Hello?" she calls again, stepping further in with the light slowly creeping its way along the various items stacked against the exterior walls.

Nothing.  Not a peep, just the scurry of rats and the soft grumble of sleeping crows.  Sighing, she draws the lantern back with a helpless shrug, spinning around to return it to its hook only to be faced with some weird.. glowy thing.. coming around the corner.  Okay, this had to be a bad dream.  Maybe the Rye here is tainted, and she's hallucinating.  Yeah, that's it.

When the Doctor would inevitably follow his sonic screwdriver to her, she would set a hand on her hip with a lopsided grin,  "Converse." she calls - seems she has a name for him now.  If he's not real, she's going to end up in in someplace like Lambeth hospital... Not at all a pleasant place to go.  "What took you so long?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)   Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vermilion Vision [Temperance/10th Doctor)
Page 1 of 1