Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_vote_lcapTrust Fall (11, Brooke) I_voting_barTrust Fall (11, Brooke) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_vote_lcapTrust Fall (11, Brooke) I_voting_barTrust Fall (11, Brooke) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Trust Fall (11, Brooke)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

Trust Fall (11, Brooke) Empty
PostSubject: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 9:38 pm

A clock ticked somewhere, marking each second that passed by. It was strange, being in a new room, in a spaceship, out in space. Although in this room, it might as well be back on Earth in any other sort of room, because as usual, Brooke was spending her spare time reading. After saving the planet or something, and setting off to travel with a stranger, who just happened to be a friend of Tom's, she wasn't really sure what to think of all this stuff. Since Tom had gone to bed, she was a little uncertain about being alone with this guy. No matter how nice he was, she didn't know him that well and she didn't know what he was like. So she was hiding out in her room reading a book she'd had in her bag.

But then she ran into a problem. She ran out of book. She frowned and set her book down, sighing, and glanced at the time. She still had way too many hours to kill. What to do? She knew she wasn't near tired enough to try and sleep. But it did occur to her that she was in a ship that, according to the Doctor and Tom, could travel through all of space and time. Not to mention it was bigger inside than it was outside. There was a LOT to explore. She considered this for a moment, then quietly went to the door and peeked out, glancing around to see if anyone was around. Nope, the coast was clear. She quietly started off down the hall, while digging in her bag to find a piece of chalk with which to mark the corners of the walls, in case she got lost.

Twenty minutes later she was really confused. She had just arrived at the same place where she was a few minutes ago! She saw her little chalk mark, and she couldn't figure out how she had gotten back here. She hesitated a little, then started down the left passage, making a different mark. Ten minutes later, she had tried all four paths and they all led back to the crossway! She frowned, frustrated by this, and looked around in confusion. How was she supposed to find her way anywhere if they all led right back here? Maybe she'd best get back to her room, and just find something else to do. But after trying the path she had come from originally, it too led back there. Now, she was trapped. She didn't know what to do now. Biting her lip, and fingering the charms on her bracelet, she stood in the middle of the crossway looking around uncertainly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 5:06 pm

The Doctor grumbled to himself as he lay below the deck of the console, leaning back in a jumble of wires and tubing that had formed a makeshift swing. His sonic was in his teeth, muffling his words, as his hands were busy trying to find the source of some questionable sparking. He winced as another few shot out at him and singed his sleeves. The TARDIS groaned and he rolled his eyes, taking the sonic out of his mouth momentarily. "If you want, I can just leave you like this!" he shouted back, earning another pathetic sounding groan in response. "Then stop complaining," he mumbled, putting the sonic back in his teeth as he returned to his work. 

After another few moments of focus, thankfully without the interruption of sparks, the Doctor's face lit up as he located a wire with an exposed bit of metal. "Ah ha!" His shout of victory was punctuated with the sound of the sonic hitting the floor after he'd dropped it from his mouth. "Oh," he frowned, glancing down at where it had landed. Disregarding the tool for now, he kept track of the broken wire with one hand as the other reached into his pocket for some electrical tape. It took a minute of rummaging and disturbing a small family of ants, but he found it. He fumbled with it one-handedly for a moment before sighing and trying to rip off a piece with his teeth. It worked, more or less, but he probably should have just let go of that wire. 

Spitting the roll onto the ground next to the sonic, he reached back up and wrapped the sloppy, tangled piece of tape around the exposed wire. He grinned at his handy work before swinging himself clumsily out of the hammock he'd tangled himself in. He was about to pick up his sonic and tape when he heard the TARDIS groan sickly again. "What, that wasn't it?" he questioned, looking up through the glass floor at the bit of console he could see. The lights flickered and dimmed a bit in response. 

"... Well that's not a wiring issue," he frowned, gathering his things and climbing back up to the console. "Come on, old girl, tell me what's wrong," he murmured to his machine, caressing the fixtures gently with a concerned expression on his face. His attention was grabbed by something across the room, however. A bit of chalk on the wall. Frowning, he hurried around the console to get a closer look, stepping around and ignoring the coat he had discarded earlier.

He swiped at it with his finger and licked it off. Smacking his lips and grimacing, he decided it was, in fact, just normal chalk. How did it get there? Looking down the corridor, he noticed another mark. Brandishing his sonic, he stepped carefully down the hall, following the trail of chalk marks until he found...

"... Hello. Is it morning already?" The Doctor frowned, glancing at his watch before deciding that, no, it was not. He narrowed his eyes at Brooke and, subsequently, the chalk in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Brooke was getting rather frustrated and trying her best not to panic. She tried a couple of the the hallways but kept ending up in the same spot. She was standing there, trying not to panic and taking slow, deep breath to try and calm down. She didn't want to trigger some kind of anxiety attack, or anything, and she also didn't want to have one of those times where she had a hard time breathing and such. But this was not very enjoyable and she didn't know if this guy's ship was purposely trapping her or not. She was thinking about speaking up and asking to return to her room, since the Doctor talked to the ship, why not her? But then suddenly she heard a voice behind her. The Doctor! She jumped and spun around, startled.

"Uhh.." She fidgeted. "No?" She answered. She bit her lip, not sure if he was upset or not, but upon noticing the way he was looking at the chalk in her hand, she slipped it into her pocket. Maybe he wouldn't be too upset. "I.. your ship. It.. I mean, she? She sorta.. trapped me, guess. I can't find my way back to my room." She explained in a tiny voice, dropping her gaze down to the floor. "I hope you're not mad I did the chalk.. thing. I just.. well I was trying not to get lost." She fidgeted, wrapping her arms around her middle self consciously. "Which... I did anyway.." She added a bit awkwardly. Was he upset? She couldn't bring herself to look up at him, and just waited to hear what he'd say, listening to the tone in his voice to determine whether he was angry or not.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:58 pm

The Doctor, noticing the girl's unease, backed himself down a bit. Poor girl really did rely on Tommy, didn't she? "No need to worry, it's just a little chalk," he cooed, approaching her slowly as if she were a little frightened rabbit. "It's a rather good idea, actually. I told you you're clever, didn't I?" He smiled at her, eyes twinkling. He shoved his sonic back in his pocket in an attempt to appear less threatening. Sure, she could get along just fine with Tom's guidance, but one of these days, she might be put in a situation where she really needed to trust him to get out of it. Slowly, he told himself. Baby steps.

"Come on, follow me," he started, turning back in the direction he'd come from. "I can bring you back to the console from here and figure out why she's playing games with you. She's probably jealous because she's not as clever as you are," he teased, listening out for the TARDIS' response. Oddly enough, she remained silent. His expression fell a little at that. Something wrong was happening and he wasn't fond of it. Slapping a grin back on his face, he turned his head over his shoulder and beckoned towards Brooke. "We'll have you back to bed in no time!" The Doctor turned back and began down the hall towards where he came from. "Or wherever it was you were going..." he mumbled to himself with a bit of amusement.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Brooke nodded slightly when he assured her it was ok, and just chalk.
"Ok. If you're sure." She glanced up a bit, wondering why he was saying she's clever. She didn't think so. "M'not, really." She shrugged. If she was in any way smart, then she would have done things much differently, and she wouldn't have gotten lost in a ship. In fact, if she was smart, she would have packed more books and she wouldn't have had to go looking for anything else to do when she finished reading the only one she had. Well, at least maybe he could show her the way back to her room. But a little part of her mind was yelling at her that she shouldn't follow this guy anywhere because she didn't know him that well. She bit her lip and stayed where she was for a moment, thinking over this for a moment while her fingers played with the charms on her bracelet. Well. It was either follow him wherever he was going, or stay here and wait for Tom to wake up.

Taking a slow breath, she started after him, keeping a bit of distance between them. At his comment of getting her back to bed, she shrugged a little awkwardly.
"Actually.. I.." She hesitated, unsure if she should divulge this information so freely. But, what could it hurt? "I don't really.. sleep that much." She admitted quietly. "I was just sorta.. thinking, I might explore." She looked down at the floor as she walked. Exploring had failed, tremendously. "But.. uh, do you have any books lying around?" She asked timidly. "I kinda.. only brought one and.. yeah, like. I've read it like 20 times already, you know?" Hopefully, he wouldn't think she was a weirdo for asking for books. She glanced up to see if he might be giving her a look like he thought she was nuts, and then noticed that they had arrived back in the same exact crossway. She frowned a bit as she glanced around, a bit uneasy. "Um.. I thought.. didn't you say you were going to like.. take me back to the room? With all the controls and things?" She bit her lip, wondering why they were back here.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 11:21 pm

The Doctor's face began to droop as the girl spoke to him. Her self esteem was really suffering. He made a mental note of a planet to visit later - one where she would, hopefully, feel a bit better about herself. He could tell she wasn't in a place to push a message of self worth right now, but maybe he could help her see it herself... 

He perked up at the mention of books, however.

"Oh! I should show you the library, then!" He grinned, spinning around and walking backwards so he could face her as he talked. "What sort do you like to read? I like the 'unrealistic fictions'," he smirked, making air quotes with his fingers. "It's funny, the amount of things people think are impossible. It's like they forget they have a future," he remarked, spinning back around and picking up the pace subconsciously. Perhaps reading would be what they bonded over, then. 

The Doctor slowed to a stop, however, when he realized they'd looped back around to the same spot. His gleeful expression faded to one of worry, as he took in the marked up walls around him. "I was..." he mumbled, looking around the area thoroughly. "Stay here a moment," he ordered, speed walking down one hallway. It was only a moment later that he ended up returning through another, a deep scowl on his face. "Why's she doing this?" he grumbled, walking up to a wall and pressing his hand to it. "Lady, what's wrong? What's hurting," he whispered to his ship, sticking his ear up against the wall to listen for any unusual groaning. Everything was eerily silent, he decided. Quite worrying, indeed. He looked up to the ceiling as the lights flickered again, this time leaving them in complete darkness for a moment before returning, dimly. 

"Right. We need to break this loop," he declared, popping up and pulling his sonic out of his pocket. He scanned along the wall and examined the results with a scowl. "She's doing it consciously. She's keeping us here on purpose," he explained, starting to pace around the room in thought. "But what for? Why keep us here? Why..." he struggled, smacking his head as if that would help the process along. His face brightened as he got an idea. "She's trying to protect us. Brooke!" he exclaimed, turning towards her rather suddenly. "What else have you got on you? Anything sharp?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 12:06 am

Brooke became a little more intrigued upon hearing him mention a library.
"Oh? There's.. a library?" Despite her pathetic effort to sound casual about it, she was clearly very interested in the knowledge that there was a library here. She smiled faintly when he mentioned about the unrealistic fiction ones. "Yeah... well, Jules Verne wrote a lot of stuff that people thought was fictional, at the time.. I mean, the Nautilus, you know? and.. yeah. All those things." He surely knew about all that stuff, so why tell him about the "fictional" things Verne wrote about that now existed.

And then she remembered she hadn't answered his question about what she liked to read. "Oh. And, uhh.. I read basically.. anything?" She shrugged in answer to his question. "Well. Except those stupid, sappy, trashy romancy things.." She added. "Those.. they don't really count as books." She thought of Twilight and shuddered a little. To expound a little more on 'anything', she added, "I like fiction, sci fi, history.. adventure, mysteries, classics.." She trailed off as she glanced around the crossway, and watched him walking off to figure out what was wrong. This was.. not good. She was feeling more uneasy. What was happening? Watching him, he really did look concerned. Maybe this was for real a problem thing happening.

She stayed quiet while she watched him put his ear to the wall and speak to the ship. He might have thought she didn't hear him, but most people thought she couldn't hear them when they said things whispered or in the next room or two over. She was getting very uneasy about this situation, and then the lights went out. She tensed and pressed herself back against the wall, hastily digging in her bag until her hand closed around the handle of a flashlight. By that time, the lights were back on, but dimmer than before. She still pulled out the flashlight, in case it went out again, and held onto it tightly. She didn't like being in the dark with a man she didn't know that well, however nice he seemed.

"L-loop?" She questioned quietly. "What's.. going on?" she added timidly. "Why would she.. trap us?" She asked timidly, then she jumped with a slight flinch, quickly backing up a couple steps from him and clearly startled, when he suddenly turned toward her with his voice raised. Was he yelling at her? Did she do something wrong? He didn't seem like he was about to attack her, but she was a bit confused by his request. Sharp? What did he want something sharp for? She regarded him warily for a moment, guarded and tense, before glancing at her bag thoughtfully. "Maybe? I mean.. like, what for?" She asked uncertainly. "I might.. have a pocket knife?" She offered, transferring the flashlight to her left hand while her right dug into her bag again, soon locating a small pocket knife. After pulling it out, she waited for him to tell her why he wanted it before she would turn it over.

((BTW. This is her outfit today:
Trust Fall (11, Brooke) 2c6e3a9aa549656f0875feb96107f95d Trust Fall (11, Brooke) 29fe72305b4a3e5b7d36c25f6d5c1e60 ))
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 4:51 pm

The Doctor noticed her anxiety and frowned, taking a step back. Had he done something to scare her? "If she's trying to protect us," he began, wandering towards the middle of the room, "then she'll have to let us out if we're in danger. Now of course I'm not actually putting us in danger," he reassured, holding his hands up in a defensive pose. "But! I think she might let me into the med bay if...." He trailed off, eyeing the blade in her hand. 

He inched closer to her slowly, trying to help her put some trust in him. If they needed protecting, though, he imagined this was probably the type of situation to put some hustle into. "I'm not going to touch you with it, promise. Just need to nick my arm and convince her to let us out of this hallway. Here." He rolled up his sleeve before holding out his arm to her. "You can do it, if you don't want me to have it," he offered, searching her face with a gentle expression. He couldn't tell if she would be the kind of person to prefer that or not. Maybe she didn't want that task on her hands. "Won't hurt me. Much. Okay, well," he huffed, crinkling his nose. "It won't hurt you, at least. That's something, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 5:46 pm

Brooke widened her eyes slightly. He wanted to hurt himself? She didn't like the sound of that. Not at all. She bit her lip and glanced around, thinking about that. She didn't really think that if the Tardis was smart enough to loop hallways to protect them from some sort of danger, that she would be tricked into thinking they were in serious need of the medical bay just from a little cut on the skin. She had bandaids in her bag that could fix that up in no time. But maybe she could help a bit here.
"There's a med bay?" She asked quietly. "I didn't know.." She hesitated a bit. "I... I mean, I.. kinda could use.." She hesitated more as she tried to think of what exactly she did need, and what it was called, and how much she actually wanted to tell the Doctor. "Whatever it's called? You know, for.. headaches."

She felt a little silly, asking for that, but she did have a headache. She also still felt a bit anxious, like she needed to calm down a little more, but she didn't really want to mention that. Still, she was aware that her breathing was still not quite like it ought to be. She must have gotten a bit more panicky than she thought. Maybe, though, the headache would be enough to convince the Tardis to let them go to the med bay? She hoped so, anyway. Maybe her bad health would actually help something, for once.

Then, even as she was thinking that, there was a sort of flicker of the lights, and she gripped her flashlight a bit tighter, nervously glancing up toward the light fixture. Then they were suddenly in darkness, and she felt her breathing quicken a bit. Don't panic.. just turn on the light.. She told herself, and tried to do so, but alas! The light turned on for a second before the light dimmed and went out. The battery was dead! No! How could that happen? She backed up against the wall, breathing harder as she struggled to calm herself. Not that she was afraid of the dark but this was getting pretty creepy, and what if it was all some weird trick of this guy to...

Suddenly everything went sort of crazy and whatever she'd been thinking was cut off as the hallways started flipping and going crazy and she gasped as she was slammed into.. a wall? the floor?
"What's.. going on?" She cried out in a panic, her breathing starting to come in gasps now, with a bit of a wheezy sort of noise. In the back of her mind she knew she really needed to get her breathing under control, and calm down, but that was really hard to do while panicking.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 6:36 pm

The Doctor froze as the lights cut out, making sure to keep his distance from Brooke, lest he scare her further. He watched as her flashlight flickered pathetically before going out. Holding out the sonic, he tried to provide a little light for the room, a bit of a grimace on his face. It wasn't very bright. His eyebrows shot up as he was knocked off his feet, bracing himself as he tumbled into various surfaces. He cursed himself as he dropped the sonic, hearing it clattering around pathetically. Tom must be taking one hell of a nap right now. 

"It's the artificial gravity!" He grunted as he was smacked into the ceiling. His hearts ached as he heard the poor girl's panting. Actually, it was a bit concerning. It sounded worse than just pure fear - she was wheezing. God, did she have asthma? The realization came as a bit of a slam - mostly because the gravity had begun working again and he'd just landed in the corner of the room. "Brooke? Brooke are you alright?" he called, feeling around the floor blindly for his forgotten tool. "Have you got an inhaler on you? Ooh, ah ha!" he grinned as his hand brushed the cool metal of his screwdriver. Fumbling with it for a moment, he held it up in triumph, illuminating a very small section of the hall. His joyous expression was lost as he spotted Brooke's silhouette, however. "Seriously, though, have you got an inhaler?" he frowned, grimacing at the pathetic wheezing noises coming from her direction. His concern quickly morphed into an idea, though, and he pushed himself to his feet with a hopeful smile.

"You've got to hear her, old girl," he pleaded to the ceiling, arms outstretched. "She needs help and you know it. Let us through? Pretty please?" The Doctor waited a moment before hurrying and peering down one of the branching paths, a wide smile appearing on his face at the sight of a faint blue light peeking through the cracks of a doorway. The lights in the hall flickered back to life, if very weakly, and he thanked his lucky stars his sexy thing still had this much fight in her. 

"Brooke, come on! And bring that chalk!" he shouted behind him before rushing off towards the new door.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Brooke struggled to try and calm her breathing, coughing a couple times as she found it hard to get enough air. She hated having these 'panic attacks' as she assumed it was, although they often happened when she was forced to be around people smoking, too. But what was the Doctor going on about, something about an inhaler? She didn't need that, she just needed to calm down.. right? She realized he'd asked her a question.
"...Don't.. have one." She answered him, shaking her head a little. "I.. I'll be.. fine.." She tried to assure him, but that was a difficult argument to make while coughing and wheezing and gasping for breath a little.

Fortunately, he found his little light thingy, but it still wasn't much light. She wasn't paying really close attention to whatever he was saying about fake gravity, and stuff he was saying to the Tardis. But she did hear him telling her to come on, and bring the chalk? She didn't know what happened to the chalk. It might be in her pocket? Yeah, she was pretty sure she'd stuck it in there. She managed to get back on her feet, coughing a little in between taking struggled breaths. She didn't really know where they were going but apparently it was somewhere besides this stupid hallway, so she was glad to get somewhere else, especially if it might help her. The lights had come back on at least, albeit very dimly, so that was something good at least. She quietly followed him down the hall toward the new door that had appeared, one hand trailing along the wall in the hallway, half for support and half to help guide her through the dim hallway.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 11:07 pm

The Doctor swung open the door, smiling brightly at the interior of the med bay. Good, he didn't have to bleed out to get here. He had a feeling the ship wouldn't appreciate that one. Then again, his new friend was suffocating, and that wasn't too great, either. Taking big strides into the room, he rushed past the cot and to a set of drawers near a sink. He hurriedly pulled open several before he found the one that contained inhalers and a couple oxygen masks. Snatching one out, he held it up to his face and rotated it quickly, making sure this one was for humans, before zooming back to Brooke's aid. 

"So, mouth around the hole, push down on the canister, deep breath," he inhaled dramatically, mouth puffing up and posture straightening, "hold for five seconds," he tried to get out without breathing, "and out," he exhaled, posture drooping a bit for effect. "Trade you for the chalk?" He smiled, holding out the inhaler for her to take. "Promise it's safe. Tommy wouldn't have brought you here if it wasn't," he tried to reassure her. "Well..." he trailed off, thinking about their last endeavor, eyes drifting away from her face as he did so, "Mostly safe. Except for the zombies and the dying space ship," he amended, looking back to her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Brooke tried her best to calm down, but it usually took her a long time to get her breathing under control, when this happened. She coughed a little as she leaned against something, and watched him demonstrate the inhaler. She'd seen them used before, just never had done so herself. His demonstration would have been very comical if she hadn't been struggling to breathe. She reached out to take it, still rather confused by this whole thing. It was just a little bit of hyperventilating, she'd had it happen before, it wasn't that big of a deal. Even more confused by why he wanted the chalk, she took it from her pocket it and held it out to him, swapping it for the inhaler. She coughed a few times before putting the thing in her mouth like he said, and tried to breathe in the puff of stuff. She had to fight a little to not cough out the puff of stuff, and because of being unused to an inhaler she only managed to hold it in for about half the time he said, and she wondered if this thing was even going to work.

Surprise, it helped a lot more than she expected. After doing the thing she lowered it, and waited a moment as her breathing began to get better. She was now back to just breathing a little fast, and her throat felt a little raw and she sounded a bit raspy, but otherwise she figured she'd be back to normal in a few minutes. She looked at the inhaler with curiosity and surprise, then glanced up at the Doctor.
"Um.. thanks.." She said quietly, trying to take deep breaths. "I mean.. I just needed to get calm and stuff.. I'd have been ok in a few minutes but.. yeah, um." She uncertainly offered the thing back, not sure if he would want it back or not. "It's just.. anxiety I guess.. trying to breathe too fast, or something.." She fidgeted, looking down and feeling a bit embarrassed about the entire thing.

Then she glanced up, curious about what she'd heard him say. It was a bit of a delayed reaction, but she had heard it.
"Dying spaceship?" She asked quietly, frowning. That didn't sound good at all. What could be going on? "Is.. it out of fuel?" She asked uncertainly. What sort of fuel did this ship even use, she wondered. Was there a sort of.. Tardis fueling station? Or maybe it was something like a... an engine thing. Knowing nothing about cars, she didn't really have much of a guess about what could be wrong. "What's wrong with it?" She asked, figuring the fuel thing was probably a stupid guess. "And.. um, well, probably a dumb question but.. can you fix it?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 11:52 pm

"No, no, it's not out of fuel," the Doctor began, taking the chalk and stepping into the dim hall lighting, finally returning the sonic to his pocket. "Just refueled her around a century ago!" He called over his shoulder, stepping up to the opposite wall and making a big circle with the chalk. He paused. "Okay, maybe she's starting to run on empty," he mumbled to himself. He began to draw a line from the bottom of the circle, running it down and across the floor and back up next to the doorway on the other side. "I can fix her," he nodded confidently, drawing another circle connecting to the line. He paused again. "Probably."

He strutted back into the room and closed the door behind him, tossing the chalk in Brooke's direction. "Hold on to that inhaler, by the way." He pointed at her with a concerned look on his face. "Never know when you might need it." With that, he spun around and hurried towards the computer system sitting on one of the counters. He leaned over it, typing frantically into the keyboard in an attempt to connect it to the monitors in the console room. "I think... it's a computer virus..." he explained distractedly, frowning and thumping the monitor with his hand. A new image showed on the screen and he brightened considerably, returning to his typing. "But I don't know how it could have gotten here, unless..." he turned back towards Brooke, a flash of realization crossing his features. "Ohh... it's a living virus, isn't it old girl?" He called up to the ceiling, moving away from the computer. "That's why she was protecting us," he murmured to himself.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 12:11 am

Shrugging, Brooke stuffed the inhaler into her bag. Maybe she would need it again, maybe not. She watched him run off into the hall, and she had sort of trailed along after him to watch whatever he was doing with the chalk. What was that design? She flinched slightly, out of instinct, when he tossed the chalk at her, and fumbled a little as she caught it.
"Um... what's with the circles and lines?" She asked, confused and curious. She couldn't help being a bit astonished about him refueling about a century prior. A century? "Wait.." She asked timidly, hesitating slightly. "You mean.. like, a century ago.. for the ship? Or, you traveled back to a point in time that was a century ago?" She asked, trying to get that part straight. Time travel sounded confusing, just like Tom had said. "You.. you couldn't mean the first, right? That's way too long to go without stopping for gas. Or.. whatever you use for fuel. And, besides, you can't be old enough for that anyway.." Of course, he could have inherited the ship from his dad, or grandpa or something, she supposed.

The next part concerned her a bit. A virus? She frowned, moving a little bit closer to peek over his shoulder at the computer. She didn't know too much about computery things, other than how to use them to play games and do college courses and stuff. She knew that it was bad to get a computer virus, but didn't know what to do about it, other than to get an antivirus program thingy.
"What kind of virus?" She asked, before noticing him looking at her. Wait, what? A living virus.. and he was looking at her? She fidgeted nervously. This didn't seem too good. "Um... what?" She asked quietly. "You.. you don't think I did it? I didn't do anything to it.." She took a timid step backward, hugging her bag a little bit closer to her side as if for comfort.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 12:31 am

"No no no, not you," the Doctor reassured, waving his hands as he struggled to explain. "Wouldn't have said she was protecting 'us' if I meant you," he continued, making air quotes. "So," he clapped his hands, returning to the computer. "The circles outside are to mark where we are. When we get out of here, I want to see if she's moved us. Also," he paused, turning back around to face her with a look of confusion. "You're in a space ship that's bigger on the inside, can travel in time, and move its rooms around and you don't think I could be a century?" He placed his hand on one of his hearts in offense. "I'm wounded. Anywho," he shook his head, resuming his search on the monitor. "I'll try and do a search on the life signs in here and see if I can find anything that isn't meant to be there..." 

With a dramatic tap of the enter button, the Doctor sent a bright grin in Brooke's direction. "Everything'll be fine, see!" His expression fell when he read the results, though. "Oh. Okay, taking that back, everything'll probably be fine," he corrected, frowning as he leaned in to see the specifics. He was expecting to find only a few more life forms than the last time he checked - those Traxion fish could get rather busy - but he nearly gagged at the number on his screen. There weren't just a few extras, there were thousands. "... Good news and bad news time." He clapped his hands as he spun back around to Brooke. 

"Bad news, there's a whole colony of whatever this is and it's centered in the console room, which we can't get to right now. Good news," he gave a weak smile, "Is that you're almost breathing again. So that's... dandy..."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 12:52 am

Brooke relaxed a bit and nodded, glad to hear that it wasn't her. She didn't know how she could have been a living virus, anyway, but it had worried her when he looked at her like that, and she thought.. well she did get sick a lot more often than most people, and... who knows. Anyway, focusing on taking slow breaths, she nodded a bit in reply to his explanation of the marks. "Oh. Ok." She nodded a bit, thinking of the Hogwarts stairways and things, and thought that made at least a little bit of sense. She wasn't quite sure what to make of his reply about the century. He hadn't technically answered her question, but rather acted offended that she didn't think he was old. Very strange guy, indeed. She watched him a little more closely, thinking about that as he went to check on the life form stuff.

That shouldn't be too hard to do, should it? There was only her and him and Tom in here.. right? And whatever this virus was. And since Tom was probably still sleeping in his room, and she and the Doctor were both here, then wherever the extra life sign was, would have to be the... her thoughts came to a screeching halt when she heard what he said.
"A... colony?" She asked, widening her eyes a little. "But... how.." She looked a bit puzzled by his 'good news'. "I never stopped breathing.." She pointed out. "I just.. kinda started.. you know. Hyperventilating. And stuff." She shrugged. "I'll be fine in a little while, it happens.. sometimes." She explained a little uncomfortably. "But, how did a colony of.. viruses? get inside? Without anyone seeing them? And.. I mean, I thought you were.. you know, in there. Just a little bit ago. Wouldn't you have seen them?" She asked, frowning as she tried to think about that.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 11:52 pm

"Well a colony can be really small," the Doctor began, gesturing with his hands to indicate their size. "Think colony of ants, but even smaller. Like, like, like..." he stuttered, thinking for a moment before popping back up to look at her. "Like germs. They're like germs - very small, very messy," he decided, glancing back at the monitor to reaffirm the bad news to himself. Oof. This was going to be rough. Speaking of rough... He turned back towards Brooke with a pitiful look. "Take another puff of that inhaler," he instructed before beginning to rummage through the med bay.

"So, essentially, the TARDIS has contracted a bug and we can't do anything about it because it's alive and very far away. I don't think I'll be able to convince her to let us help her, though..." he thought out loud, shutting one drawer and opening another. A solid frown was etched into his features. He didn't really know how to fix this without being able to touch it. Even then, what would he do about them? He couldn't see them, clearly, and how was he meant to fight something invisible unless he knew where it was?

He had to control where it was.

His mouth opened a bit as the idea dawned on him, and then he grimaced. This was going to be ugly. "Brooke, do me a favor and check outside. Circles still there?" He called behind him, grabbing a syringe and a length of rubber to tuck into his pockets. Closing the drawer, he straightened up, reaching up to open the cabinet. He sorted through the vials inside with a thoughtful expression before finally snatching one up and tucking it in his other pocket.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Brooke thought about that as the Doctor mentioned a colony could be small. She nodded a bit, thoughtfully. That was true. Although ants could be seen easily, as could roaches. She gave a slight shudder at the thought of roaches, and tried her best to put that thought far from her mind. She did NOT want to think about roaches infesting the Doctor's ship. She felt vaguely sick in her stomach just from the thought of that, and she really, really hoped that there were no roaches in here. When the Doctor seemed to be trying to think of something else that were a very small colony, she mentioned helpfully,
"Like.. termites?" Then he suggested germs, and she nodded a little. Yeah. Germs are way smaller than termites. That made her termite suggested sound a little lame. Ok, so microscopically small, that would make more sense...

She blinked in surprise when he suddenly told her to take another puff of the inhalor. She hesitated for a moment before taking it out of her bag. He'd said to breathe in the stuff and hold it for five seconds, right? She tried to do that, and this time when she let out her breath she actually did feel a lot better. That actually scared her a good deal, not that she let that show in her expressions. She looked at the inhaler thoughtfully before putting it in her bag again, near the top so it was easy to reach. The fact that it had helped her breathing made her realize that maybe this wasn't just hyperventilating from getting too panicky and anxious. Could she actually have a real thing that was wrong with her breathing? She had always just sort of brushed it off, as being nothing, but now, thinking about it, she did always break into a coughing fit whenever she got around someone that was smoking, or other stuff like that.

Trying to push that matter to the back of her mind for now, she re-focused on the matter at hand. The Doctor was clearly very worried about this situation and that made her pretty worried too, because no one really wants to have the captain of a ship they're a passenger on to be worried about the ship. She bit her lip lightly while lightly toying with the charms on her bracelet, thinking while he was talking about the Tardis contracting a bug virus thing, something living, that they couldn't find. As he asked her to go check on the circles outside, an idea presented itself to her and she timidly spoke to suggest it, while also thinking it might be a pretty dumb idea.
"Um... if it's like.. a virus, and germs.. what if we had some like.. anti-bacterial spray stuff? Disinfectant or whatever?" Yeah, that was sure to be the stupidest idea ever, and maybe she shouldn't have spoken up at all. She looked down and went toward the doors, wondering if they would have moved. Whatever the stuff was that he was grabbing, it was probably whatever he needed to fix the Tardis, so that was good. Probably better than disinfectant spray.

Opening the door cautiously, she glanced outside and at the hall. She frowned a bit and looked a little more closely to make sure.
"Ummm." She closed the door a little hesitantly. "There's nothing on the walls. At all." She told him quietly. Was that a good thing, or a bad thing? She had no idea, but she watched the Doctor for his reaction, to figure out the answer to that. She also wondered if maybe she shouldn't have closed the door. Would it change again if she did? She glanced at it, then back at the Doctor, hesitating slightly. "Should I.. uh. Open the door again? I probably shouldn't have closed it, I guess." She went back to the door to crack it open again wondering if it would have changed that fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trust Fall (11, Brooke)   Trust Fall (11, Brooke) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trust Fall (11, Brooke)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: