Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_vote_lcapRiddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_voting_barRiddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_vote_lcapRiddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_voting_barRiddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Riddles in the Dark

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 pm

The Doctor glanced over to the uncertain Charity, rolling his eyes as he chuckled, "Oh come on then Charity, gotta have a little fun! And besides it's not like we are just gonna walk in there..well..sort of..well..not really. It's a bit wibbly wobbly timey wimey". Motioning with his head, The Doctor eagerly started walking back to the TARDIS, "Allons-y you two! Time to go save some knowledge!" he proclaimed. After all these years of wondering how he could have saved the countless scrolls here, The Doctor finally had his chance. His excitement grew to new heights as he pondered the specific details and how long they would have to save as much as they could.

The doors of the TARDIS could not come quick enough; they burst open with the snap of The Doctor's fingers as he turned the corner of the library and locked sights on the blue police box. The familiar hums were such a welcoming sound to The Doctor; the very noise calming his nerves as he approached the control console and circled around it. "So!" He called out to Charity and Brooke, his eyes and attention fixed on the console, "Being that i have a time machine..figured we might as well use that. Just this once..you know..for knowledge. I'm going to move the TARDIS into the library just moments before the explosion. I can slow time down enough for you lot to run out and grab some books and scrolls, time will progress so once you see fire come back in". Looking up to them, The Doctor straightened and eyed them both, "Be a bit dangerous though, could understand if you didn't want to. Just let me know and we can be off. Your choice".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 am

Brooke shook her head a bit at Charity.
"A lot of these books have no other copies." She corrected her. "And like.. there's a ton of books that get lost and no one ever even knows for sure which books there were, cause the one that was basically a card catalog got lost too." She explained, hurrying to catch up with the Doctor. She had no idea what he meant by the whole wibbly wobbly timey whimey thing, but if they could somehow save these books, that was so worth it.

Charity shrugged. She still didn't see where a bunch of books were worth risking a person's life for but Brooke and the Doctor both seemed to be pretty set on doing it so she followed them. She would help them however she could, even if it meant going into the burning library. If nothing else, she'd go with them only to make sure they didn't die.

Brooke smiled as they went into the Tardis. She was beginning to get what he meant to do. They had a time machine, so of course.. they could just pop  back to shortly before the explosion. She nodded as he explained his plan, but then she couldn't help having a few worries, and spoke up a bit timidly.
"But, won't people notice if we're running around stealing books?" She worried. "And.. there's also the matter of the other.. Us-es." She paused, thinking that word didn't really sound correct. "Won't it like.. break time or something if I accidentally run into myself from the past?" She wondered. "They had to be really careful in Harry Potter, when they used the Time Turner.." She pointed out, unsure how this was going to work out well.

Charity, having no idea what Brooke was talking about, glanced at her questioningly before nodding as the Doctor explained what he meant to do.
"I'm not leaving you two to do all the dangerous stuff." She grinned a bit. "If you're bound and determined to risk your life to save some books, then I'll help too. In fact, I'll try to find some bags we can use to carry them in." She went off to locate some things they could use.. backpack, tote bags, whatever she could find, and came back after a bit, and passed around some different bags that they could use.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 3:06 pm

The Doctor kept his eyes, and attention, fixed on the control console as Brooke asked him questions. "Well.." He started, "The other..us-es won't be able to see us. Well..bit like a shadow because we will be moving within time itself, between the seconds if you will. I'm going to position us just before the explosion so that the chaos from what is going on will help with concealing ourselves". Preparing his machine for the mission at hand; The Doctor kept his attention fixed until finally finishing and looking up. His hand rested on the main lever as he glanced over to Charity and Brooke, "Alright! So, you lot will be running through time..the world around you will be moving in literal slow motion..well..it will seem like that because you are in between seconds but still. It is imperative you do not interact with your other self, let's just say it will get really messy. Be back inside the TARDIS at all costs..remember, the books aren't as important as your lives. Don't know what i'd do without my girls" he gave them a reassuring smile, "Ready?!".

Yanking down the main lever, the TARDIS doors flew open which revealed a slew of slow motion people running towards the exit of the library. The imagine of The Doctor and Archimedes wrestling at the entrance off in the distance. The light above the TARDIS blinked slowly as it slowly maneuvered through the library, people passing through it as if they were ghosts. "Allons-y!!! Last one back is a rotten dalek!" The Doctor proclaimed with a grin as he bolted down the ramp and leaped out of the TARDIS; quickly his eyes scanned for the most valuable books and scrolls within his sight. Bolting over to a bookshelf, like a madman on black friday, The Doctor snagged as many as he could and dashed back to the safety of the TARDIS. Releasing the handful onto the floor, The Doctor looked over to Brooke and Charity, "What are you guys waiting for?" he rhetorically asked before running back out into the madness.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Charity was fascinated by the explanation the Doctor gave for what he planned on them doing. She had never known such a thing was possible. She nodded in reply to the Doctor saying not to interact with her other self. She wasn't even sure how that would work, so she had no intention of doing so.
"I'm ready." She grinned and looked over at Brooke, who was looking nervous but nodded as well. She passed Brooke a tote bag and waited at the doorway. She watched as the Doctor ran off into the library. She nodded to herself as she watched what he was doing, then hurried out after him and Brooke to help.

Brooke, meanwhile, had taken off with the tote bag and was stuffing as many books and scrolls into it as she could. Once she had that full to the top, she hurried back to the Tardis and set that bag aside, grabbing an empty one. She idly wondered what a rotten dalek was, and thought it could be some sort of alien vegetable or fruit, but having never heard of it before, she had no idea. She thought about asking later but wasn't sure if she'd want to bother asking. She lost sight of Charity and the Doctor a few times as she hurried around the library, gathering up as many books as she could. She wondered if anyone would notice the books going missing. She thought it was rather eerie, watching the Tardis go through people, watching the people move so slowly while the three of them moved normally. She almost felt like the Flash or something, zooming around at super speed while the people were left standing still.

Charity ran around trying to cram as many books into her bag as she could. It was rather fun, actually. She grinned over at the Doctor as she passed him, and looked around to see where Brooke had got off to. She looked curiously at the people that they passed. It was so strange, watching them move in slow motion and all. She wondered how many of these books they could rescue before the library was totally destroyed.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:02 pm

The Doctor rolled his eyes as Charity passed him, his mind more focused on where in the library were the more valuable and important books. He found himself upstairs, forcing his way through a locked gate that read Restricted Section; he flung off his coat and began shoveling countless books and scrolls into his,endless, coat pockets as quick as he could. Mentally he was calculating where the TARDIS would be inside of the library; once it leaves the library, time would begin to start and fast forward and they all would be trapped. It was a risky situation, one that The Doctor relished in; these fleeting moments of exhilaration and almost death scenarios; it has almost led him to death and has a time or two.

The mental clock sounded, the hairs on the back of The Doctor's neck pulling him back to the TARDIS with urgency. Without a moment's haste, The Doctor left the restricted section and bolted down the stairs; the TARDIS hovering off in the distance, traveling slowly away from him. "Charity! Brooke! Get back to the TARDIS!!" he proclaimed, hopping down from the stairs and dashing forward. The fire from the explosion slowly began to cover the floors beneath them and the shelves around them. The shadows of people passing through and by them with more haste and urgency, times up...

Grabbing the edge of the TARDIS door, The Doctor pulled himself in; his head popping out of the door as he looked for Charity and Brooke. The end of the library was fast approaching as was the fire, that would inevitably engulf the structure; "Charity!! Brooke!! Come on!! It's time!!" he called once more.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 am

Charity grabbed as many bins full of scrolls that she could carry, then went back to the Tardis and left them there before hurrying back out to grab more. She saw that Brooke had apparently brought a couple more bins since she last returned. She wondered what all these scrolls were about, and what made them so important. She ran off into the library, trying to move as fast as she could. She wasn't sure which ones were the best ones to grab but she knew that it was so big that the three of them weren't likely to ever be able to get ALL of them.

Hearing the Doctor call for them to get back to the Tardis, she glanced around and saw that there was fire spreading through the library, very slowly but time seemed like it was beginning to speed back up. She grabbed several bins, managing to grab as many in her arms as she could in as short a time as possible, then she ran back to the Tardis and leaped in through the doorway. After setting the bins down with the rest, she looked around.
"Where's Brooke?" She asked, worried when she didn't see the girl, and couldn't help remembering how she had gotten separated from her before.

Brooke, meanwhile, had worked as fast as she could trying to get scrolls from as many sections as possible, but she was having trouble covering much ground because she was really pretty bad at running. She remembered the fire from before, and hoped that she wouldn't get stuck in it again. But she focused on trying to get books fast. After grabbing a few bins full and depositing them into the Tardis, she ventured to yet another department and began grabbing more, stuffing any random scrolls she came across into the tote bag, but she was beginning to notice that it seemed like the time wasn't moving as slowly as before. In fact, she was beginning to see smoke and flames. She turned and looked around for the Tardis, but she'd lost sight of it.

She started hurrying back the way she came but then had to backtrack to get around some burning debris that blocked her path. Pulling her collar up over her mouth, she ran down the aisle looking for the Tardis, practically dragging a couple of bins along with her. Suddenly she found herself in a sort of entrance area, which reminded her of the librarian desk place that you'd see in most libraries. She stopped and looked around. Usually, there looked like there would be people here, probably to assist and take in new books and all that stuff. There were flames around, but.. she saw something that looked very important. It had to be it. The index that contained the title of every book in this library. History books said that no one could ever be sure how many books this library actually contained because this, the library's index, Callimachus' Pinakes, the very first catalog, was lost in the fire.

She stood staring across the room at it for a moment before she started toward it. She paused as she encountered flames crossing her path, hesitating. How could she get to it? She bit her lip, then took a couple of steps back and took as deep a breath as she could manage with all the smoke.. leaving the bins she had there for the time being, she ran a couple of steps and jumped, narrowly missing the flames. She glanced back and checked the back of her dress to be sure, then hurried onward. She tried to reach across the desk but it was too far away. She hesitated, then, a bit awkwardly, climbed up onto the desk and over. Once on the side where the librarians would sit, she hurried over and grabbed the bin containing the scrolls that she'd come for. It was 120 scrolls long, but she believed that they were all in this one bin. She lifted it up onto the desk and climbed over, then carried it with some difficulty back to where she'd left the other two.

Now.. to get out and find the Tardis. And how was she going to carry three bins of scrolls plus the tote bag full of scrolls that hadn't been found in specific bins? And wait, what was this? She peered a bit closer, trying to see clearly through all the smoke that made her eyes sting. There were books there, that were being copied. These were new ones that may not have been logged into the index yet! She quickly grabbed those and stuffed them in her tote bag too, then looked around, coughing more now as the smoke became thicker. She worried she might need to use that inhaler.. or what if the smoke killed her?

"Doctor..?" She called, coughing. Dragging the bins full of scrolls along with her, she maneuvered around some burning stuff and wandered in the direction she hoped the Tardis might be in. The last time she saw it, it had been moving this way, so maybe if she hurried, she would catch up to it? She covered her mouth the best she could and tried to run, which was difficult with the long dress and the smoke and the fact she was really not that good at running and dragging all this extra stuff along with her. But eventually, after dodging fire and burning debris and such, she caught a glimpse of blue ahead. She'd added to the bag of books wherever she saw a few scrolls that could be salvaged that she could reach without too much difficulty, which had slowed her down even more. But there it was, at last.
"Doctor!" She called out before having to cough some more. Could she make it? She wasn't even sure if she'd called loud enough for someone to hear her from five feet away and the Tardis seemed like miles away, though it was probably only just yards away. Brooke struggled to move faster but was starting to have trouble breathing; all this smoke was really giving her trouble. She was coughing too much to try and call out, now.

Charity was getting worried when she still didn't see Brooke after a couple of minutes.
"Should we go look for her?" She asked, a bit worried. She glanced at the tote bags and backpacks and bins and things that Brooke must have filled up and left there; there were more than Charity had done. "She had to have been back a few times at least, but.. something's keeping her now.." She frowned and chewed on a fingernail. "Maybe something happened.." She tried to tell herself Brooke would be alright and would be returning very soon, but she also couldn't help feeling worried about the girl. She should have been back by now. "Maybe she got lost.." She mumbled to herself, hoping that Brooke wasn't hurt by the fire that was now spreading through the library. Time was starting to move regularly now, and that meant the fire was going to be spreading quickly. She went to the door and peered out anxiously. "Come on, Brooke.." She murmured under her breath, looking out into the library to try and see if she could spot her, but it was too difficult to see anyone amid the smoke and flames, and all that. "Wait.. is that her?" She asked, pointing, as she spotted someone that was moving toward the Tardis, with what looked like a few bins full of things, but the smoke made it a bit difficult to tell for sure.

((ooc: Hope you don't mind, I thought I'd be a bit dramatic. lol
Also, I found an interesting bit of info which I implemented into my post; found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinakes particularly the sections 'History' and 'Description'))
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 3:15 pm

The Doctor looked back at the totes and countless books and scrolls that were brought on board the TARDIS, it was enough to nearly fill the area in between the support beams. If this is all we save then it'd be worth it..but none of it will be worth it if someone is lost doing it He thought to himself just before Charity had spotted an outline among-st the, ever growing, smoke and fire. The Doctor's eyes widened, "No way to tell if it's an after image or Brooke herself.." he commented out loud. Glancing over to Charity, he knew what to do, "Charity i need you to monitor the controls" he told her, taking off his jacket and tossing it to the nearest support beam, "Try and keep the TARDIS from the end of the Library. The very second the TARDIS touches the outside wall it will be sent back into the time vortex. Anyone outside of it..well..will become well done sort of speak. So! I just need you to try and snatch us some more time. She will listen to you, she likes you".

With a pat on Charity's shoulder, and a nod later, The Doctor sprung onto action and, as fast as he could, made his way to the person they saw. Quickly the smoke began to distort The Doctor's vision, like ghosts the after images of people passed through and by him making it that much harder to tell the difference. "Brooke!!" The Doctor called, coughing and covering his mouth almost immediately after opening it. The smoke and fire were now on the verge of welcoming The Doctor into the blaze; it loomed over him causing him to retreat further into the library. Looking up, after he turned he spotted Brooke off in the distance, the smoke covering her, "Brooke! Over here!".

In his mind, he tried to keep track of where the TARDIS was in relation to the end of the library and how much time they had left. Glancing to his right, he assessed the estimated time left, With the current rate of speed and distance left..should take the TARDIS about ten more seconds, give or take, to reach the end of the library. Time should restart in about eleven seconds..maybe nine unless Charity can give us a little more time. Maneuvering over a fallen book case, The Doctor reached close enough to hopefully grab Brook's attention, "Brooke!!" he called out, "Over here! We've got to go now! Grab what you can and leave the rest!!". Nine seconds...Eight seconds
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 1:59 am

Brooke coughed and wheezed as she struggled just to breathe. Moving forward was difficult.. there were so many people rushing by and she kept feeling like they would trample her or knock her down, but then she didn't actually feel anyone bump into her when she expected them to. This was odd, who were all these people? Why were they not already out of the library? She determinedly kept on dragging her bins onward, moving toward the Tardis the best she could despite feeling like she might collapse.

Was that her name being called, or was one of these hundreds of people swarming about calling to someone else with a name that sounded similar? She looked around in confusion, then a wave of smoke hit her face and she doubled over, coughing as tears streamed from her eyes, which felt like they were burning.

She heard it again, and this time recognized the Doctor's voice. She felt a little bit of hope flare up inside, and headed in that direction.
"D.. Doctor.. help.." She coughed out, clinging determinedly to the containers of precious books and scrolls. Maybe if he could get one or two of the bins, they'd be able to save all 3 and get to the Tardis in time. She could only hope.. or try her best to drag all three there by herself.

Charity was very surprised by the task she had been given. How was she supposed to delay the Tardis? She didn't know how to fly this thing. She couldn't even navigate a ship from her own world, let alone this one of alien technology! But she nodded and turned to the console, figuring she would give it her best shot. She had no idea what controls did what so hopefully there was some way of doing this.. he said the Tardis liked her, right?

She refrained from poking random buttons, and looked up at the top of the column.
"Please.. do something?" She asked the ship. "We need more time.. can you stop? Or slow down a lot?" She glanced toward the door worriedly. "Please.." She rested her hand on the console, like one would put a hand on a friend's arm or shoulder. "Brooke and the Doctor need enough time to get here and she looked like she's weighed down quite a bit.." She almost wondered if she ought to go out there and help her but he'd told her to do this. So she was going to try and do the best that she could at this.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 3:55 pm

The vibranium crystals deep with the TARDIS engine glowed to life, pulsating up through the control console in a green-ish blue hue. The light atop the box shined brighter than ever as a pulse echoed through the library. With each pulse, time slowed down more and more until it stopped completely and the TARDIS hovered still in it's place. The Doctor climbed over the last bit of rumble and bookshelf separating him from Brooke, his attention on making sure she was alright and grabbing the bins on the floor. However, this attention snapped as the glimmer of light gleamed in the corner of The Doctor's eye. Looking up, The Doctor paused for a moment then turned back to Brooke, wide eyed, "We've got to go now! The TARDIS just activated the vibranium pause matrix, it can't handle that for too much longer".

With two bins in his hands, The Doctor made sure Brooke was alright before leading her back to his time machine. Entering the main hallway, his eyes locked onto the TARDIS just as the last pulse was sent out, "Brooke..run!!!" he exclaimed. Time around them began to speed back up, quickly reaching back to where it was before and now beginning to exceed that. Seven...Six The Doctor thought to himself, trying to mentally keep a track on how much time they had left.

The Doctor ran, the bins shaking in his hands as he tried to reach the TARDIS as quick as he could; Five....Four. Tossing the bins onto the ramp and leaping up, The Doctor turned and extended his hand for Brooke to grab hold, "Charity! Yank down that main lever on my count!!" he called back to her, "Four and a half!...Three....Two!...Brooke now!!! One!!". His hand eagerly waiting for Brooke's palm to meet it, while both his hearts pounded at the thought of her being trapped inside the burning library. The flashes of the time vortex crept around the sides of the TARDIS, only mili-seconds away from engulfing it and sending the time machine swirling into the time vortex. Times Up...
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 7:05 pm

With only one bin to carry, Brooke was able to move a bit faster, but she still wasn't very good at running. Having spent most of her life sitting around and reading about people who do daring things, and avoiding PE in every way possible, she had also spent a lot of time in poor health when she was in high school, and running was definitely not a thing she wanted to be doing. But if it would save the books, she would do it.

The light made it easier to see where to go but there was still a lot of smoke and stuff in the air, plus all these people. She wanted to ask the Doctor what they were doing, running around and stuff instead of getting out like them, but she didn't have enough breath to do that. She needed all her breath for running and.. just breathing.

Charity watched through the doorway; she couldn't see much and she wanted to go over to stand at the door to see if they needed help, but she thought she might be needed here at the controls, so she stayed put and waited anxiously, chewing on a fingernail nervously while she waited, fighting the urge to run out and help them. She was relieved to see the Doctor make it back in, but where was Brooke? Just behind him, she hoped.

She didn't have a chance to ask, as he was already telling her stuff to do. Main lever? Oh, that must be this one here. She nodded and grabbed the lever, but waited. What would this do? Why couldn't they keep the time stopped until Brooke was safe inside? She bit her lip and waited. The Doctor counted down, 'three.. two.. One!' That was her cue to pull the lever but she hesitated just a moment, maybe two seconds longer, before she did as he said.. hopefully it gave Brooke enough time to get there.

Brooke thought she might collapse. She was exhausted but she wasn't safe yet. The books weren't safe, yet. She wasn't sure if the smoke was getting thicker and dimming her vision, making her lightheaded, or if she was  close to passing out. She tried to push on despite it, and reached out to grab the Doctor's waiting hand. Coughing, she only just managed to grab onto his hand, and get inside the Tardis, before dropping the bin to the floor and collapsing next to it, doubling over coughing and struggling to breathe.

Last edited by Charity/Strawberry on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 1:43 pm

The Doctor fell back onto the ramp beneath him, his eyes gazing up at the ceiling of the control room; his breath slowly returning to normal. A sense of reality began to set into The Doctor, the fact that he nearly lost Brooke over books and scrolls, nothing ever goes as planned he thought. His attention quickly moved away from his breathing and tiredness and over to Brooke, who's coughing echoed throughout the control room. Rising to his feet, The Doctor quickly made his way over to Brooke and knelt beside her; at first wanting to comfort her then turning to find her bag to find her inhaler. With a little bit of searching, he finally found it and handed it to her as he placed a hand on her back, "You did good" he told her, "Both of you. I couldn't be more proud...but i need you to know something if you two are going to be traveling with me. Nothing is worth more than your lives...not books..not knowledge..you are far more important. Both of you..". With a nod The Doctor pat Brooke on the back then rose back up to his feet.

Exhaling, his eyes danced over the various bins of books and scrolls that were saved from the library and began to think on where exactly to put it. For years he dreamed about creating a section for some literature from the infamous library and now it was finally a reality. The thought brought some joy to spark inside of The Doctor, but the sound of Brooke's continuous cough brought him back down to reality. Looking over to Brooke, The Doctor wanted to make sure the inhaler worked and she began to calm down before he did anything. Just the thought of traveling alone again caused a shiver to run down his spine. Got to be more careful about my decisions..don't know if i could bare to see another one.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 2:21 am

Charity breathed a sigh of relief seeing that both Brooke and the Doctor had made it back safely. She hovered nearby, watching a little anxiously but she kept from getting too close to avoid crowding Brooke. She nibbled a nail nervously, wondering if she was going to be alright. She remembered from training that smoke could be more deadly than flames, and her coughing was rather bad. She watched the Doctor hand her something she didn't really know what was, and hoped that it was something to help her.

Brooke fumbled a little with her bag; it seemed as if she couldn't find the flap, but thankfully the Doctor got the inhaler for her. Luckily she'd left it near the top of the bag so it was easy to get to. With the best smile she could manage, which was very vague and faint, she took it and took a breath using it, though the first was with much difficulty. Closing her eyes she waited a moment, remembering the instructions the other Doctor had told her, then tried to get a better puff of the stuff in the inhaler. She waited a bit more as her breathing began to improve, and the coughing slacked off greatly.

Listening a bit to the Doctor's words, she glanced at him, a little disbelieving about the things he said. Proud of her, for what? She did terribly, slowing everyone down, him having to come out and rescue her.. not to mention she didn't save nearly enough books and she didn't even get a chance to try and rescue any of the books and just so many things she thought had gone wrong. She didn't try to speak until she had her breathing calmed enough that she was only coughing a tiny bit every five or so breaths.
"I got the index I think.. and a few other things, but there's still so many books we didn't save.." Her voice sounded somewhat raw and she didn't like that but assumed it was from the smoke. She looked down in sadness about the books. "I think I sorta failed.. I'm sorry..." She took one last breath using the inhaler, exhaling slowly before stowing away in her bag again.

"You did really well Brooke." Charity smiled cheerfully at her. "You can't be expected to move as fast as me, I've been trained in all sorts of things, with the military of my world." She shrugged, then thought for a moment as she tilted her head, wondering a bit about the breathing device Brooke had. "A little improvement wouldn't hurt though, if you'd be interested in letting me help you.." She offered a bit cautiously. Brooke looked up at her a bit confused, and wondering if that was a nice way of saying 'you're not good enough'.
"Help.. how? What do you mean?" She asked quietly, slowly standing up. Charity shrugged a bit, glancing at the Doctor before turning back to Brooke.
"Maybe just.. help you get a little more.. fit? Teach you some things that might be useful, you know.. that sort of thing." She smiled warmly and hoped the girl would accept.

Brooke looked at her in quiet thought for a moment as she considered this, wondering what she was meaning exactly. But, learning things was something she always liked to do. If it was useful things, that was even better. She hesitated a bit and glanced at the Doctor and then back at Charity before shrugging.
"I guess? Maybe.. if it isn't going to be any trouble for you, I mean." She replied quietly, looking down a little shyly. "I'm not that good at that sort of thing though." She added quietly, hoping that Charity wasn't going to expect too much from her. She also hoped she didn't plan on making it like PE or something. She always hated PE, except one brief time in elementary school there was this one nice PE teacher she remembered.

Charity smiled a bit, glad to hear her accept the offer. She began thinking of some different things she planned to teach her.. maybe get her running a bit so she'd be more used to it and could keep up better.. a little self defense, maybe see how she is at swimming in case of an emergency...  Turning to the Doctor, she motioned around at all the books and scrolls.
"Got anywhere to put these? I could help move them if you need me to. Maybe Brooke should rest up a bit.. then can we go somewhere.. festive? Maybe some sort of celebration? What sort of holidays do they celebrate on this planet, anyway?" She wondered, then grinned a bit. "Can there be fireworks or something?"

((ooc So sorry for the long delay. I had no internet for the last four days! Also, sending you a message on Discord!))
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 3:29 pm

The Doctor thought for a moment, listening to Charity and Brooke before he responded or interrupted their conversation. When he heard Brookes voice, The Doctor's attention immediately turned towards her, "Hold that thought" he mumbled. Standing up, The Doctor turned to the opposing side of the control control and ran over to one of the hatches in the flooring. Sticking his head in, The Doctor began searching, "Come on..i know your in here..i think" he mumbled, nearly falling in as he searched. "Aha! Gotcha!!" The Doctor proclaimed, grunting as he yanked out a large capsule filled with a thick green liquid out from the storage space.

Walking over to Brooke, The Doctor popped the cork, "Milk of a Skarasen. Beautiful creatures..well..before they get enhancements from the Zygons and turned into monsters for war." he elaborated, "Zygons lived off this milk, but it's said that it is used for injuries. Help heal burns...might smell a bit but it's not that bad". Motioning to it with his head, he looked over to Brooke, "It will help you..trust me. Just don't eat anything until it settles". Handing the veil over to Brooke, he turned his attention to the books and scrolls in bins across the metal flooring.

After a moment of thought, a grin began to emerge on The Doctor's face, "I made a spot specifically for these books..just never got around to popping by to save some. Come on i'll show you". Jumping over to one of the bins, he quickly grabbed it and headed over to the spiral staircase, "Sit down for a bit Brooke, grab some air. The books will always be waiting for you later". Nodding to Brooke, he descended down the stairs and headed towards the library; where each book and scroll would be placed beginning to run through his mind.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 12:34 am

Brooke looked oard the Doctor curiously watching as he searched for something. Meanwhile, Charity set about gathering up some of the tote bags of scrolls and things while she waited for the Doctor to give her instructions on where to put them. Brooke tilted her head trying to figure out what the Doctor was trying to find, and then squinted a bit at the bottle, but she couldn't read any sort of label on it.

"Zygons?" She asked in a whisper so not to have to put too much strain on her voice. And she didn't like how she sounded right now. Clearing her throat softly, she tried again. "What are.." She shook her head a bit, giving up on trying to talk and just examined the vial the Doctor handed her. She thought about asking if it was alcoholic but then he'd called it milk, so it surely wasn't.

She sniffed it, just slightly suspiciously, as she listened to the Doctor talking to Charity about where to put the books. She started to move to help but his words stopped her, telling her to just sit down and rest. She nodded slightly, hiding disappointment but figured he was probably right.

Charity grinned and followed the Doctor down the stairs to the library, carrying as much as she could in one load. She glanced back toward the console room as they walked and waited until they were a bit further away before speaking to him.
"Is she going to be ok? There was a lot of smoke.." She asked, a bit concerned. "What was that thing she was using to breathe? I've never seen anything like that but it seemed like it helped her." She looked around the library in surprise at how big it was. She had never actually been in the Tardis' library and hadn't had any idea it could be so big. "Wow.. so, where do you want these?" She asked, wide eyed.

Brooke watched them leave and then studied the vial for a moment before taking a tiny sip, hesitating a little before drinking a little more, trying her best to finish it and hoping it would help her throat, though she didn't think she had any injuries, she figured it was just from all the smoke and yelling. After finishing it, she wrapped her arms around her stomach and waited for a little bit to make sure she was going to feel ok, then she picked out one of the scrolls from the nearest bin and began studying it. She was almost amazed by how new it seemed, for something so ancient, before remembering that it was actually new because they hadn't found it after ages and ages of time, but rather had gotten it directly from the past. She smiled and unrolled a little of it, and was surprised to find that she could actually read it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riddles in the Dark
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2