Riddles in the Dark

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 pm

The Doctor glanced over to the uncertain Charity, rolling his eyes as he chuckled, "Oh come on then Charity, gotta have a little fun! And besides it's not like we are just gonna walk in there..well..sort of..well..not really. It's a bit wibbly wobbly timey wimey". Motioning with his head, The Doctor eagerly started walking back to the TARDIS, "Allons-y you two! Time to go save some knowledge!" he proclaimed. After all these years of wondering how he could have saved the countless scrolls here, The Doctor finally had his chance. His excitement grew to new heights as he pondered the specific details and how long they would have to save as much as they could.

The doors of the TARDIS could not come quick enough; they burst open with the snap of The Doctor's fingers as he turned the corner of the library and locked sights on the blue police box. The familiar hums were such a welcoming sound to The Doctor; the very noise calming his nerves as he approached the control console and circled around it. "So!" He called out to Charity and Brooke, his eyes and attention fixed on the console, "Being that i have a time machine..figured we might as well use that. Just this once..you know..for knowledge. I'm going to move the TARDIS into the library just moments before the explosion. I can slow time down enough for you lot to run out and grab some books and scrolls, time will progress so once you see fire come back in". Looking up to them, The Doctor straightened and eyed them both, "Be a bit dangerous though, could understand if you didn't want to. Just let me know and we can be off. Your choice".

Back to top Go down
http://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Charity/Strawberry

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 am

Brooke shook her head a bit at Charity.
"A lot of these books have no other copies." She corrected her. "And like.. there's a ton of books that get lost and no one ever even knows for sure which books there were, cause the one that was basically a card catalog got lost too." She explained, hurrying to catch up with the Doctor. She had no idea what he meant by the whole wibbly wobbly timey whimey thing, but if they could somehow save these books, that was so worth it.

Charity shrugged. She still didn't see where a bunch of books were worth risking a person's life for but Brooke and the Doctor both seemed to be pretty set on doing it so she followed them. She would help them however she could, even if it meant going into the burning library. If nothing else, she'd go with them only to make sure they didn't die.

Brooke smiled as they went into the Tardis. She was beginning to get what he meant to do. They had a time machine, so of course.. they could just pop  back to shortly before the explosion. She nodded as he explained his plan, but then she couldn't help having a few worries, and spoke up a bit timidly.
"But, won't people notice if we're running around stealing books?" She worried. "And.. there's also the matter of the other.. Us-es." She paused, thinking that word didn't really sound correct. "Won't it like.. break time or something if I accidentally run into myself from the past?" She wondered. "They had to be really careful in Harry Potter, when they used the Time Turner.." She pointed out, unsure how this was going to work out well.

Charity, having no idea what Brooke was talking about, glanced at her questioningly before nodding as the Doctor explained what he meant to do.
"I'm not leaving you two to do all the dangerous stuff." She grinned a bit. "If you're bound and determined to risk your life to save some books, then I'll help too. In fact, I'll try to find some bags we can use to carry them in." She went off to locate some things they could use.. backpack, tote bags, whatever she could find, and came back after a bit, and passed around some different bags that they could use.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:06 pm

The Doctor kept his eyes, and attention, fixed on the control console as Brooke asked him questions. "Well.." He started, "The other..us-es won't be able to see us. Well..bit like a shadow because we will be moving within time itself, between the seconds if you will. I'm going to position us just before the explosion so that the chaos from what is going on will help with concealing ourselves". Preparing his machine for the mission at hand; The Doctor kept his attention fixed until finally finishing and looking up. His hand rested on the main lever as he glanced over to Charity and Brooke, "Alright! So, you lot will be running through time..the world around you will be moving in literal slow motion..well..it will seem like that because you are in between seconds but still. It is imperative you do not interact with your other self, let's just say it will get really messy. Be back inside the TARDIS at all costs..remember, the books aren't as important as your lives. Don't know what i'd do without my girls" he gave them a reassuring smile, "Ready?!".

Yanking down the main lever, the TARDIS doors flew open which revealed a slew of slow motion people running towards the exit of the library. The imagine of The Doctor and Archimedes wrestling at the entrance off in the distance. The light above the TARDIS blinked slowly as it slowly maneuvered through the library, people passing through it as if they were ghosts. "Allons-y!!! Last one back is a rotten dalek!" The Doctor proclaimed with a grin as he bolted down the ramp and leaped out of the TARDIS; quickly his eyes scanned for the most valuable books and scrolls within his sight. Bolting over to a bookshelf, like a madman on black friday, The Doctor snagged as many as he could and dashed back to the safety of the TARDIS. Releasing the handful onto the floor, The Doctor looked over to Brooke and Charity, "What are you guys waiting for?" he rhetorically asked before running back out into the madness.

Back to top Go down
http://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Charity/Strawberry

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Yesterday at 5:32 pm

Charity was fascinated by the explanation the Doctor gave for what he planned on them doing. She had never known such a thing was possible. She nodded in reply to the Doctor saying not to interact with her other self. She wasn't even sure how that would work, so she had no intention of doing so.
"I'm ready." She grinned and looked over at Brooke, who was looking nervous but nodded as well. She passed Brooke a tote bag and waited at the doorway. She watched as the Doctor ran off into the library. She nodded to herself as she watched what he was doing, then hurried out after him and Brooke to help.

Brooke, meanwhile, had taken off with the tote bag and was stuffing as many books and scrolls into it as she could. Once she had that full to the top, she hurried back to the Tardis and set that bag aside, grabbing an empty one. She idly wondered what a rotten dalek was, and thought it could be some sort of alien vegetable or fruit, but having never heard of it before, she had no idea. She thought about asking later but wasn't sure if she'd want to bother asking. She lost sight of Charity and the Doctor a few times as she hurried around the library, gathering up as many books as she could. She wondered if anyone would notice the books going missing. She thought it was rather eerie, watching the Tardis go through people, watching the people move so slowly while the three of them moved normally. She almost felt like the Flash or something, zooming around at super speed while the people were left standing still.

Charity ran around trying to cram as many books into her bag as she could. It was rather fun, actually. She grinned over at the Doctor as she passed him, and looked around to see where Brooke had got off to. She looked curiously at the people that they passed. It was so strange, watching them move in slow motion and all. She wondered how many of these books they could rescue before the library was totally destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   

Back to top Go down

Riddles in the Dark
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2