Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Blank Pages I_vote_lcapBlank Pages I_voting_barBlank Pages I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Blank Pages

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

Blank Pages Empty
PostSubject: Blank Pages   Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 8:48 pm

According to the Guinness Book of Records, the Library of Congress in Washington D.C is the largest library in the world in terms of shelf space, but the largest library in terms of amount of books in their collection, by far, is the British Library in London. It contains  the oldest dated printed book retrieved, a copy of the Magna Carta, the oldest holy books belonging to the three major religions of the world and much more. This was what intrigued Rhydian so much about this library – it possessed so much… humanity. Rhydian was surprised that he himself wasn’t getting sick of humanity as it were.

Of course, there were some downsides of this library, mostly for the general public. If you weren’t a fledged member of the institution, you couldn’t see eighty percent of the displays and most historical documents were restricted for research purposes only. There were many tourists who plagued the place like locusts on a farm, and some of the areas where people could use the wi-fi given to them felt like a glorified internet café with a few books. Of course, this wasn’t a problem for Rhydian – fake IDs and a trained ability to sneak around was enough for him. Of course, this wasn’t for research purposes, more of a distant nostalgia and experience-type event that kids his age usually didn’t get to see themselves. If he wanted to actually research these events, he’d just go to the time and place it happened.

If there was one thing one could do in a library, it was read, and today that was exactly what the young time traveller was planning to do. Just a nice relaxing afternoon in a giant, cavernous library at a comfy desk with a giant book to immerse himself into. He had enough of dodging laser bolts for one day (thank you, Pyrovillia). He didn’t care for historical documents and books that recorded history as of now – one could probably guess why – and decided to opt for a narrative, a fictitious book of wild proportions.

Naturally, Rhydian did not like sci-fi. He already experienced that well-enough, and most of the time the sci-fi that was seen in Rhydian’s time wasn’t very much reflective of the genuine article unless he travelled further enough into the future. So, grabbing a random fantasy novel with a decent lengthiness to it from the respective shelf, Rhydian went to sit down at the nearest desk available to him, took of his black jacket (leaving the hoodie on) and opened up to the first page.

Blank.

Oh, whoops. Rhydian must’ve opened up to those filler pages at the very start of the book. He turned another page.

Blank.

And another.

Blank.

Rhydian furrowed his eyebrows with not concern, but curiosity. Why would an author put completely blank pages at the beginning of a book? Was it a sort of gimmick to draw the reader in? Did he miss a line at the very beginning of the novel? Nope. Rhydian flicked through the entire novel with his finger and thumb.

Blank.

It was all blank.

Okay, this was strange. Maybe the librarians put that book there as a filler for their shelves or something. Or maybe it was just an elaborate prank pulled by an aspiring college student. Nevertheless, Rhydian quickly stood up, taking his jacket with him to put the book back in its place. He drew another one out of curiosity of the same genre, hoping to start with that. He opened it up at the shelf to check whether this one was blank too.

It was.

Now Rhydian was starting to worry. Putting the book back on the shelf too, he drew another one to find it was blank. It was only now that Rhydian realised that the words on the covers of these novels were gone too. Rhydian looked up at the sign that designated the purpose of the shelf, and sure enough it was just a large blank white sign hanging over the top of him.

It was around now that people started complaining.

“Hey, my book is blank. Is this some kind of joke?”

“Yeah, this is a library! Where are the actual books?”

“Can we write stuff in it or something?”

“Is this the journal isle? I thought libraries didn’t lend out rentable journals anymore.”

All of these questions were directed towards the librarian on that particular floor who was quite overwhelmed by the amount of people who came to complain to her. She tried checking her computer to see what books were in the catalogue to see if these people made some sort of a mistake (the option she was hoping for). However, her hopes were crushed when the entire screen of her computer, including the letters on her keyboard, were mysteriously missing.

“Sorry, everything on my computer is just… gone! The thumbnails for programs are there but I can’t check anything because there are no words!”

Rhydian put his jacket on again. Guess he wasn’t going to have a nice, relaxing afternoon after all. The immediate instinct that Rhydian acted out was checking his phone for the latest news, even though this seemed fairly recent. Sure enough, nearly all news channels on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, everywhere were blank. Damn, Rhydian didn’t see that contradiction in his plan. He’d just have to go by instinct – or use his Multi-Spanner which was thousands of years more advanced than whatever technology humans possessed in 2017.

Jumping down railings while everyone was panicking (nobody really cared for a kid jumping down stairs like a madman while they were worried their snapchat streaks were going away), Rhydian got to the entrance of the library and into the streets of London. Nearly everything had stopped – cars, people, trains – to view the vocabulary carnage that was unfolding before their very eyes.

Signs were gone, all words on street signs and posters were missing, all the billboards, even electronic ones, had no words to accompany them, and the people who weren’t looking up were looking down at their phones which possessed no form of lettering whatsoever. It was killing Rhydian that he couldn’t check the news, as it would be really helpful if he could see what was going on in the outside world.

There was one thing Rhydian could conclude with certainty, however.

At precisely 2:59 PM on a Saturday, all the words on planet Earth were stolen.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Blank Pages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blank Pages   Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 11:15 am

Reading; a pass time for the infamous Time Lord when planets weren't being destroyed or invaded by foreign invaders. His converse kicked up on a table inside of a small shop in downtown London, his brainy specs resting on his nose and eyes locked on the words. The world around him faded to the back burner as he became quickly engulfed in the world described in the book he held. That was until the words suddenly began to fade out, becoming harder and harder to read until completely gone from the page. With a baffled expression, The Doctor removed his glasses and cleaned them, thinking it was the result of dusty lenses'. However, upon looking back at the book The Doctor quickly realized it wasn't his glasses; it was the book itself.

The Doctor straightened in the chair, removing his shoes from the table and placing the book down, "Well isn't that wizard..." he mumbled before glancing around him. The words that once were chalked onto the blackboard, depicting prices and daily sales, were now gone along with words on signs. Standing up, The Doctor looked around more; everywhere he looked the consensus stood firm, the words were gone. With eyes now widened, The Doctor bolted out of the shop and into the busy streets outside, his eyes up at the buildings around him. Signs that once advertised for various events or sales were now blank, pictures still stood in their places but the words around them were gone. "What?.." The Doctor exclaimed, completely baffled by what he saw, "What?!....What!!".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

Blank Pages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blank Pages   Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 am

Now, all over the world, there was panic. Bouts of shock and confusion plagued the world like a virus within minutes - no, seconds - as words of a student's essay which were being written on the page at that very moment began to fade away in front their eyes, or a man's neatly-tattooed text of his wife's name on his arm disappearing without a moment's notice, and the scrolling bar on the newsfeed that was playing to millions at the very instant the words were cut out of people's lives phased out of existence, leaving a blank yellow newsfeed. Additionally, the anchor on the news would soon begin to become puzzled and question as to why the words on the telecaster in front of them disappeared for some reason. DId someone cut the power or something.

Rhydian, however, was not worrying about this. He was worrying more about what he needed to do there and now, and make no mistake or waste time. The first thing he did was run back into the library, grabbed the first pencil and piece of paper he saw (with protest from an old man who wined about 'kids these days'), and scribbled something illegible on it. Just a scribble with carelessness indecision, a blob of greylead on the page.

It didn't disappear. It rested on the page like it should.

Good start, Rhydian thought as he quickly wrote the word 'hello' next to the scribble on the paper, not paying attention to anyone around him panicking and floudering about, wondering why there was a shortage of written information available to them. It was funny, out of all the confused panicking going on, only one kid was bothering to write something down.

The 'hello' on the page seemed to fade into the paper, like it was being absorbed, and was gone seconds after Rhydian took the pencil nib off the paper.

Well, that proved his theory. Whatever was absorbing this information was obviously still here, alien, and was not going away. It was going to prove to be difficult, sorting this one out. Tossing the pencil and paper away somewhere (he really didn't care about littering as of now), Rhydian dashed outside once again to review the situation. Now things were in full throttle. Society had come to a screeching halt, and the same could be said about the roads of London, all stopped to check out the literary depletion that was this 'invasion'. That was what Rhydian was going to call it now, as this must be an invasion of some sort. There was no way it wasn't.

"Well, time to check the skies..." Rhydian said to himself, which was barely audible by the amount of human activity going on. Reaching to his Multi-Spanner, which he thanked his lucky stars for that it didn't project words onto a surface like some of the old Vortex Manipulator models, and pointed it directly upward, releasing a sonic wave from the Sonic Probe attachment which, naturally, probed the skies for any activity. Rhydian realised that this act wasn't necessary when a ginormous shadow started looming over the top of him.

A massive ship the size of the northern bloody hemisphere had appeared out of thin Ive never been slapped by someones mother.' air and said Northern Hemisphere was plunged into complete darkness. Gee, Rhydian was sure missing Australia right now.

Well, there was the source of his problem. Now the people around him were kicking the 'panic-o-meter' into full overdrive, which didn't seem to bother the young time traveller as contemplated on what to do. He could travel up to that spaceship somehow, but something gave Rhydian the inkling that doing that would be very unwise. What about phoning for help from UNIT, or Torchwood, or...

"...Doctor?" Rhydian asked to himself when he viewed a man from behind, in a large brown trench coat and wacky sticky-uppy hair, looking equally confused as he was at the moment. "Doctor!"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Blank Pages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blank Pages   Blank Pages I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 3:27 pm

The Doctor spun at the call of his name, his wide eyes surveying the surrounding area until locking unto the young Rhydian Martis; a grin emerged on his face, "Rhydian!". Jogging over to the young man, The Doctor quickly gave him a hug, "Good to see you! What are you doing here? Nevermind i can guess that, how's the sonic working out for you?" he asked, not realizing how fast his mouth was moving. Between the appearance of the spaceship, the disappearance of words and now Rhydian showing up, excitement burst like a flood of water overcoming him. From his head to his toes, The Doctor exuberant excitement as he turned to look up at the ship, "Words gone..ship here, looks to be a pretty exciting predicament" he commented before looking over to Rhydian, "Ready to go solve this?".

Eyeing the ship more carefully The Doctor attempted to identify the species operating it, "So what do you think? The reason behind the word play i mean" he asked Rhydian, his eyes still locked on the ship, "Could be a way for them to communicate? Stealing the words to help translate their words to Earths? Wonder if it's just English or if it's all the languages? Have you done a planetary scan, checking local news stations and headlines yet?".

Looking down only to retrieve his sonic screwdriver from his suit, The Doctor activated his screwdriver and did a quick scan of the space ship above. Reviewing the readings, The Doctor shrugged then turned back to Rhydian, "Normal life signatures, doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Maybe we should pay them a visit".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

Blank Pages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blank Pages   Blank Pages I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blank Pages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: