Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Icecream Heals Everything Empty
PostSubject: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 10:33 pm

((Closed to Toni Lucas and 10th Doctor))

Laughter broke out in a bar, the wooden framework projecting the various noises of the bar. A tall grey box protruded music as it faced the center of the bar, it's host zoomed around the bar on one wheel as its cold steel glowing blue eyes scanned the room for potential glass fill ups. Creatures from various sizes, shapes and sounds filled the bar as did the tv screens some of them watched. The Doctor stood in the back of the bar, gazing over the inhabitants, remembering back to when he last saw Captain Jack here. His most recent failure occurring just days prior lead The Doctor on a hunt to try and find a small glimpse of happiness. A ship near a trading post sent out a distress signal, The Doctor responded as usual, however the adventure did not go as planned. Ten people perished in the flames, as he failed to save everyone on board; a memory The Doctor would carry with him as he walked back to his TARDIS.

Flopping down, The Doctor glanced up at the time rotor and sighed, "I don't know, just take me wherever i need to be" he mumbled. With a huge thrust, The TARDIS wasted no time and quickly materialized outside of a cabin in the midst of a forest. The Doctor had to catch himself, before he slammed into the center console, "Blimey, what's so important that i need to be here?!" he exclaimed. The Doctors irritation quickly faded as he stepped outside the TARDIS, his eyes dancing across the cabin exterior, one named popped into his head, Toni.....

Suddenly, fear overcame The Doctor, Oh no! I've missed my check ups!..Blimey what year is it? I don't know, i didn't check..maybe if i just slowly step back into the TARDIS she won't see me. No..No you miss her, you need to stop avoiding . The Doctors near paralyzed state froze him just long enough for a pair of eyes to meet him, "Doctor! Oh my, oh my, my friend!" Will proclaimed, running out through the sliding glass door, "Are you real, or am i high? If you're real then you've been naughty Doctor, naughty indeed. Oh! Should i hide you?".

Back to top Go down
http://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:00 am

(( ICE CREAM DOES HEAL EVERYTHING & THIS REPLY GOT LONG BUT I REGRET NOTHING))

It had only been a few days. A brief break from a new job back in the city, where the twenty-six year old Toni Lucas was now spending her slow, mundane weeks. Weeks turned to months, then years. It was different, a strange change of pace. It wasn't running down corridors, soaking up sunlight on foreign beaches, or having the weirdest time of her life at a fair only to run off with a man in converses. No, this was stability. And it was exhausting.

So, she found herself perched on the edge of her old bed, t-shirt decorated in the crumbs from a bagel and quotes to Beauty & the Beast. The TV played quietly in front of her, illuminating the room in a soft glow. Toni hadn't been paying much attention to the last few minutes of Treasure Planet, more focused on her food than anything else - but her brown eyes quickly snapped up from swiping a thumb over cream cheese as Will Ferrell's voice boomed through the small cabin. "Blimey, if he's talking to himself again..." She trailed off, slipping off the bed and brushing her shirt down before setting the bagel onto the nightstand. "Will!" Toni shouted as she exited the bedroom, abandoning the film as she flicked at a loose strand of fabric coming off her athletic black shorts, (although they have never once been used for any sort of athletic activity).

Toni went rushing down the stairs, socked feet flush against cabin floor as she slid towards Will's voice. It seemed he had ventured off outside, again. It wasn't uncommon for the man to hop onto some ill-advised impulse and end up outdoors at late hours for no reason whatsoever. He was classically the basket case of the breakfast club. "Oi, Ferrell, at least close the door, will yo-" Stepping into the bare frame of the sliding glass door, Toni froze, voice catching in her throat as her eyes scanned the man opposite Will.

Her first instinct was to throw a punch, directly against that coat cladded arm. Her second was to hug him, then probably proceed to toss that well deserved punch. After all, he hadn't really kept in touch. It had been years now, hadn't it? Since she stopped traveling. Hair blew against her cheeks and forehead, cold air lightly stinging her bare legs as she stepped onto gravel. "No more hiding people, Will. We've had that discussion already." She said, words drifting aimlessly in Will's direction as she continued walking in the Doctor's direction.

It turned out, she took both routes. Closing the distance, Toni wrapped her arms around the Doctor's shoulders, pulling him down as she leaned onto her tippy toes - trying to balance out their height difference. A gingerly given hug, almost cautious, but with a tight squeeze as she buried her face against the collar of his coat. But then it was over, just as soon as it began, and she was leaning back on the balls of her feet, eyes narrowed up at him. A smack to the arm, with no real force or anger behind it, before she was grinning. "You look older," she remarked, a calming tease lingering in her voice, "still trying to be John Constantine, I see." Her hands slid to the Doctor's overcoat, tugging lazily before dropping her hands altogether. "Come on then, you're staying for ice cream." With that, she reached out again for his hand, the ease of it hardly alarming - falling back into old patterns as she tugged him inside with Will in tow.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 am

((Watch out, Lissy's story telling has gotten tremendously better. Better watch myself before i give too many compliments Razz ))

The Doctor couldn't speak, his lips remained still as his gaze locked onto the endless forest brown eyes of Toni. He felt a light fluster as she hugged him, then the fluster grew as the slap registered on this left shoulder, "Ow! Oi! What was-okay never mind i know what that is for" finally slipped out in reaction to the slap.  "Dang! Got eeeemmmm!" Will exclaimed with nothing but sheer joy, "That's what all the kids are saying. That and umm..catch me outside, how 'bout dat! You better catch up Doc, before you fall behind and look old". Will's voice followed The Doctor was he was tugged inside of the cabin, Wait ice cream? Oooo i live ice cream! No, focus Doctor, come on what's wrong with you?.

Once inside, The Doctor couldn't help but have a moment of reminiscing as he looked over the interior of the cabin. The decor had stayed relatively the same, from what The Doctor could see, his thoughts trailing back to the last time he saw Toni, something about glass breaking but he couldn't remember what happened. Will stepped inside after The Doctor, grabbing his shoulders with both hands playfully before taking off The Doctors overcoat, "Sorry, i have to. Toni says i should be more cordial or something to visitors and other people, whatever that means, kids i swear making up fancy words" Will mumbled as he placed The Doctors overcoat on the rack beside him, running in front of The Doctor while Toni was preoccupied, Will looked deep into his eyes, "I need your help Doc. This crazy girl is trying to..tame me! She won't let me watch half my movies anymore, she gets really depressed sometimes and takes it out on me, and! And! She took away my easy bake oven!".

The Doctor smirked at Wills last comment, "So no more hockey puck cookies Will?" he commented, "I know right! See Toni! Someone liked my cookies" Will retorted then shouted out to Toni. "She keeps cooking and providing for me, it's weird..it all started when you quit showing up, i wonder what that is" Will spoke, mostly to himself, The Doctor looking down in shame at the last portion of his comment. He had no excuse for not showing up, his adventures were crazy and life threatening but that was nothing new. He was beginning to feel how he felt all those years again, something that scared him a little, attachment.

"Sorry Will" The Doctor blurted, mostly to try and refocus his mind, "Sorry i haven't showed up lately, and about your domestication. Although i have seen some of your newer movies..seems like somethings working because a few made me laugh". Wills face lit up with complete joy, his eyes grew wide and mouth gaping open, "Yyyeess! Ha-ha! I made you laugh! Yes!" he proclaimed, beginning to do a victory lap around the living room, "Hey! Watch it! You break something and we'll both get in trouble!" The Doctor hissed in a whispered tone, trying to keep his voice down so Toni wouldn't hear. Will lowered his arms and nodded, "Okay! Will do!" he yelled, "I'll just sit over here, staying out of trouble. Silent as a...ummm..something silent". Will slowly fell into the couch down in front of him, as The Doctor rolled his eyes and leaned over the kitchen counter, "Hasn't changed a bit" he mumbled to himself with a slight chuckle.

((Mine got long too, darn. But congrats for making it to the end of my reply!))

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 6:47 pm

(( Aww, but I like compliments... ))

Releasing her grip on the Doctor's hand, Toni disappeared into the kitchen. The voices of the two men drifted lazily into the opposing room, muffled slightly by walls and opening cabinets in hunt for bowls. They never stayed in the same places, whether it be from Toni haphazardly unloading the dishwasher or watching from a perched seat atop countertop as Will sauntered around with a bowl for a hat. It was always more than a chore, instead structured rather like a fun game any normal adult would find to be immature. And it was, of course, but neither of the cabin's residents seemed to mind. So, she removed three bowls of very distinct colors, setting them on the counter as she listened absentmindedly to the Doctor and Will talk in the living room. Well, mostly Will talk. He was going on and on, as he usually did with any given topic. It was a good, easy going trait that Toni never found annoying - she liked hearing the opinions and weird notions that crept into the comedian's mind.

"I'm not taming anyone!" Toni finally shouted towards the arched doorway, although the door itself was no longer tight against framing. That was a day not too long ago, when Will had managed successfully to break the wood during a harmless game of Nerf wars. She was still curious as to how he pulled that off. Scooping ice cream into each bowl, topping it off with light chocolate syrup and fudge, a spoon rattling around the edges of the bowls, she wandered back into the living room. "Mind you, I'd be an absolute legend if I could tame the William Ferrell." She shoved a bowl into Will's hands before walking towards the Doctor, a comfortable smirk pulling at her lips and crinkling brown eyes. "I really only told him that he had to stop eating pop tarts for every bloody meal and suddenly I'm mothering."

For a while after parting ways with the Time Lord, Toni wasn't sure if it was boredom and loneliness that itched at her very bones. So, she had gone back to school, gotten a job. Visited Will with every chance she could, because nothing in the city was as entertaining as the man at his cabin. This was like many other weekends she popped in, spending a handful days in her old bedroom and arguing with the overgrown toddler about those darn cookies that were mostly likely chipping her teeth with every forced bite. But no, she hadn't thought much about it - she wasn't one to linger too long on the negatives, it was too easy to fall off that cliff. "Ice cream," she sighed now, handing it over to the Doctor as her eyes searched for his own gaze, "don't think too much, yeah? Not tonight. Just eat the ice cream, enjoy Will's antics, and we'll chat later about the whole years long gap in visits." With that, she plopped down onto the couch, patting the open spot beside her.

(( I tried writing less, IT DID NOT WORK. ))
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 9:23 pm

((I enjoy your long replies, to me it shows each persons interest in the RP. Once the either starts getting smaller and smaller, you know it's basically over Razz. Oops, another compliment))

The Doctor's eyes met her gaze as she handed over the ice cream, the edge of his mouth managing a smirk in reply to hers. He answered the call to the couch, flopping down at the spot Toni had motioned to with her hand just a second before. "So! Will i-" The Doctor was cut off by Will, "Sssshh! I'm putting in something" he hissed as he put a dvd in the slot of the blueray player. The television roared on, much to Wills amusement, as The Doctor slowly leaned back into the couch and put the first bite of ice cream in his mouth. "I've been working on this for years! A collection!" Will proclaimed, remote on hand and eyes wide with excitement, "Forget Hollywood, i know how to make a great movie and now for the first time i reveal it. My documentary".

Holding the remote up, as if it were a holy relic, high into the air, Will looked at it as he slowly lowered it and pressed the play button. The movie began with Will sitting down in a chair, the camera facing him, "Okay so, i have five cookies..the last of their kind before Miss Toni decided to murder..yes murder! my easy bake oven. So today, i shall use them..the only way i can. Let's begin"; Will picks up the camera to show a first person point of view as he walks into the living room. "It's almost eight pm, meaning Toni should be in her usual spot" Will commented to himself as he turned and began to walk up the stairs, The Doctor sat with intent eyes as Will across from him began to become even more excited as he watched.

Will journeyed up the last step then turned left, the sound of a shower head could now become audible, "Oh Will tell me you didn't" The Doctor groaned with a disgusted look, "Oooohhh yeaahh!" Will replied. The video showed Will's hand reaching for the handle, slowly opening it up, revealing a steamy room and a dark curtain in the corner of the room. "Incoming!!" Will proclaimed as he chucked one of his cookies up into the shower, laughing hysterically as he ran away; the cookies visibly falling out of his hand as he ran then suddenly the camera began to rotate violently as the groans and yells of Will echoed down the stairs. The Doctor nearly choked on his ice cream, as he unconsciously placed his right arm over the back of the couch; Will looked over to Toni and The Doctor, "That really hurt by the way! Glad you thought it was funny Doc".

The Doctor waved his spoon back and forth, "Oi don't put me in this, you're gonna get me in trouble" he mumbled with a mouth full of ice cream, "Shush! I still have four cookies left in my documentary!" Will replied.

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 12:52 am

(( Agreed, short posts mark the death of all. And HA, I win. ))

"Will!" Toni shouted, an almost pink tint burning against freckled cheeks as she grabbed a free pillow and tossed it with stern aim towards the side of Will's head. "I told you to get rid of this!" She tried to sound strict, to get the message across that showing this video of all the ones Will had recorded was poor choice, but laughter broke her own attempted sternness. She was never very good at it, after all.

On the TV screen, there was a shout, and Toni redirected her eyes to watch as the recorded version of her rushed out of the bathroom. A soft towel wrapped around her body, tucked below armpits, and strands of wet hair falling into her eyes. The camera, still in weak clutches off the injured actor, sat at the base of the stairs on an awkward angle as the mildly frustrated past Toni rushed down the stairs. "You're insane," her voice sounded soft against the backdrop of Will's continued groans, and she scooped up the camera before the man on the floor could protest. After a moment of blurry images, the lens fixed steadily to fill the screen with Toni's features.

Freckles danced along her tanned skin, eyes lit with amusement as a smile pulled at her lips. Wet hair still fell across cheekbones and forehead, drops of water smoothly running down her cheeks to fall off like a makeshift waterfall at her jawline. "Hello! I'm assuming this is about the easy bake oven, so for whoever he's going to show this to in the future, I didn't murder the bloody thing! He-" She cut off briefly to spin the camera around, showing Will as he got to his feet with his ammo of cookie pucks. Then, just as quickly, she turned the camera back to herself, "almost burnt the kitchen down trying to make a brownie. The murder weapon was a fire extinguisher. And-" Once more, cut off, this time by the cookie crumbs that splattered against her chest and chin as another cookie was tossed in her direction. She laughed, mocked fake surprise, before handing the camera back to Will and making a break for the living room.

Present Toni laughed as she shoveled ice cream into her mouth, shaking her head at the recorded memory. "Yeah, see? I'm a superhero." She glanced at the Doctor then, eyebrows raised as she thumbed chocolate syrup off the corner of her mouth. "He's a mad man with no boundaries."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Like the beginning of the footage, Will sat in front of the camera but now in a different room of the house as he reflected on his first strike, "Well it didn't go as completely planned. But it was still a major success. Four strikes left, let's do this". With a grin, Will grabbed the camera and began to saunter through the cabin, this time going outside. "Toni her natural habitat, grazing on chocolate and prancing through the forest. She should be ending her jog in about...3 seconds". Setting the camera down, for better angle, Will could be seen hiding behind a bush on the side of the cabin; his brown hair partially sticking above the bush. Toni now entered the view of the camera, coming out of the forest as Will had planned. Suddenly the cookie flew...

"Got eeeemmm!!" Will proclaimed, flailing his arms in victory as he grabbed the camera in mid stride and began to run away from Toni, his breaths becoming more deep as he continued. "Oh God! No! Stop devil!" Will shrieked, although the camera did not pick up what was happening, The Doctor guessed it was Toni catching up with him as a chuckle escaped from him. Present Will hid his face in horror, "You don't want to see the end of this" he mumbled as he fast forwarded the video. Will's face could be seen pressed against the grass in pain, his mouth open as if screaming as the video continued to forward; until finally stopping with Will sitting once more in front of the camera. With one hand, Will held up an ice pack to his right cheek, a frown prominently displayed on his face, "This is it guys, now i must avenge my easy bake the only way i know how...violence".

The video suddenly cut to Will loading a shirt canon with cookies, the camera set upon a box, "Cookie bombardment will commence in 10 seconds!" Will exclaimed. Turning the camera, Will positioned it with one hand as his other held the canon; revealing his location on the roof. "Take this Ms. Lucas!!!!" Will howled as he began to fire the cookies; two cookies flew at Toni with high velocity as Will laughed. A shriek exited Will as the camera suddenly became turbulent, rolling as the sound of Will sliding off the roof engulfed the sound of the video. The camera fell, landing on the grass beneath the roof; now looking up at Will who hung from the gutter of the cabin. "Heeeelp!!" Will yelled, his legs wiggling beneath him, flailing frantically.

There the video ended with a cut back to the main menu, The Doctor leaned forward in the couch, "Oi!" he protested, "It was just getting good!". Will slowly turned his head towards The Doctor, "No Doctor. This is the best part" he growled before hurling a cookie at The Doctors face. The bowl of ice cream as the cookie smacked The Doctor square on the side of his head, "BAAAMMM! That's for not coming to see us..well..mainly Toni, but me too! Ha-ha!" Will proclaimed happily.

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 12:24 am

The cookie smacked the Doctor right on the side of his head with disturbingly good aim, crumbs flying like bomb debris over Toni's ice cream bowl as she laughed and tried her best to lean away from the beginning mess. "Will!" She managed to choke out over breathless laughs, brushing off her shirt as she watched the cookie land haphazardly in the gap between her thigh and the Doctor's. "How'd you even get that cookie, huh? Are you hoarding those things?" She picked it up, tucking it securely on either side of two fingers as if she were a magician and the snack her magic card. "You're going to bruise him, you know. These things are practically rocks." A smirk as she sent the cookie flying back in the direction of Will, deliberately aiming for his ice cream bowl to watch it sink into the vanilla almost drowsily.

With that, she turned back to the Doctor, smirk widening softly into a familiar grin. Her spoon ran atop the first scoop of vanilla before it cut a thin line into the cupped shape, and for a moment, she slid the silver gingerly over the dessert like it was something to admire rather than devour. Only then did her distracted motions quicken and change their purpose, spoon lifting to her toothy smile. "I should've had a wavier ready for any guests, warning them of physical harm from a giant elf." With Toni's elbow, she nudged the Doctor's arm, before finally taking the ice cream, now sprinkled in cookie bits, into her mouth.

This felt natural already, like it was something that rang close to home. It felt warm and familiar, although it wasn't. Moments like these were possibly one of the rarest things in the universe, and the very understanding of that being depressing truth pinched at the back of Toni's thoughts as she spooned another mouthful of ice cream into her system. The Doctor never stayed for very long, nor did he visit often as Will had made painfully clear. She wanted that awkward truth to be gone and to not come back, because she wanted to get it. She wanted to be able to understand that the Doctor didn't always visit, whether it was from fear or a seemingly always busy schedule. Or maybe, both.

Nevertheless, she shook those thoughts as she pointlessly stole a bite of the Doctor's ice cream - disregarding the fact that they both had the same flavors and now, toppings. "Can we by any chance watch something other than home films? It took a half hour to get you safely down from that roof, Will. Not to mention, the rest of the day was spent in hospital."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 6:28 am

Will nodded his head as he placed his ice cream bowl down on the coffee table, in front of him, before beginning to rummage through their dvd collection. The Doctor smirked at the back and forth banter that occurred, still getting over the terrifying cookie attach he just experienced. His eyes landed on Toni, he forced them away as he took another bite, failing to notice the stolen bite from Toni. His emotions were running high, as if he were riding a cloud of happiness, it wasn't every day nor at all frequent that he was able to experience moments like these. He hadn't been able to sit down and enjoy company, without something going on, since the holidays namely with Rose all that time ago.

His eyes fell on Toni again, Don't let emotions control you again..you remember want happens every time, his mind was fighting his feelings. The growing attachment between himself and the young lady was the very thing he ran away from, having to watch her grow old while he was cursed to carry on; the curse of a Time Lord he likes to think of it. Truth was he didn't like to think of it, these random adventures kept his mind at bay and away from truths he had to face not only with himself but also the ones he traveled with. It was a race against time to enjoy moments like these, moments that The Doctor knew would flee and he would be back in his TARDIS off somewhere.

The Doctors depressing thought process was smacked away by Will finally picking a movie and playing it on the big screen; The Doctor waited with anticipation. Harry Potter and the order of the pheonix displayed across the screen, the usual music accompanying the title as it appeared through the clouds. "Good old J.K, good choice Will" The Doctor commented, placing his empty bowl down on the coffee table and leaning back into the couch. Will grinned as he looked over to Toni, "This one over here argues with me about looking like Hermoine" he chuckled, The Doctor glanced at Toni then the screen and repeated the process twice before speaking, "Sort of i supposed. Toni's much better looking than her though Wil-".

The Doctor stopped dead in his tracks, immediately shifting into something else, "Anyways, i once defeated three carionites with a spell from J.K..well...Shakespeare did but still" he sniffed. Will's playfulness danced from Toni to The Doctor, his facial expressions withholding countless words he wanted to say, before falling back into his recliner. Leaning over Will whispered, "Psssttt.....pssssttt! Doctor", The Doctor rolled his eyes, "PPSSSSSTTTAAAAHHH!!". Reaching into his jacket pocket, The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver and turned up the volume, a smirk inching into his face as the sound of the movie drowned out Will, "Hey!! No fair, put your...thingy away!" Will protested.

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 12:55 am

Of course, Will would go with Harry Potter. It was an overused disk, played ritually just to point out time and time again that Toni perhaps resembled one of the leads. These led to daily banter, laughter and small arguments as she denied said claims. That, though, had only once brought Will to the point of bringing home a few dozen posters to pin them up beside photos of Toni to find the similarities. It was like playing a children's day, in an old magazine, waiting for the dentist to be ready to see you as you picked out what was different between two otherwise twin images.

As the music began and the Warner Brother's logo appeared in tattered aging as it had artistically done since the first film, Toni groaned. She ducked her head down, burning her face in her hands before shifting in the seat to find the back cushion of the couch. "Start up with the Hermione thing again, Will. I dare you." She called out, voice muffled by fabric, the hand not defiantly shielding her face still protectively cupping her ice cream bowl. It wasn't until the Doctor commented on the looks of the actress compared to the young woman sat beside him did she lift her head, eyebrows raised and eyes focused on the almost startled-like expression stretching up the Doctor's features. She knew it all too well, the quick moment of a mental slip - she did it more times than she'd like to admit. But the moment was gone as soon as it started, and the Doctor was mentioning something about defeating a strange sounding species with Shakespeare. Which, of course, Toni would have to bring back up later. She adored Shakespeare, even played Juliet in a play put on by her high school.

It was only when the television got louder and Will was using his protesting voice did Toni note how close she was to her friend, her long hair brushing against his suit jacket's shoulder with almost a graceful sway. Slowly, she pulled back, shoving her hair behind her ear as she turned to face the TV, putting a few more inches between herself and the Doctor as the sounds of the sonic echoed through her head.

"We watched Goblet of Fire the other day, he can practically quote the thing." Toni motioned to Will with a light nod, finishing off her mostly melted ice cream before setting the bowl down atop the coffee table. "We'd be watching Treasure Planet if it were up to me, mind you." She paused, glancing over her shoulder at the stairs, "which... I left on." She knew another shush was coming her way from Will, so she settled back into the cushions, glancing at the Doctor once more as if she still didn't quite believe he was actually there. It had been a few years, she was surprised he popped in at all. And yes, that was her being optimistic - thinking he had say in where that blue box took him.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 7:01 am

The Doctor smiled at Toni's mention of Treasure Planet, "Oh what a brilliant movie" he commented, "Underrated if you ask me. You're gonna rattle the stars" he gave his best John Silver impression. Glancing over to Toni, The Doctor noticed the growing distance between himself and Toni, did i move away or did she? Do i stink? he thought to himself before sniffing his suit jacket, Oh great now i'm sniffing my clothes, way to stand out Doctor..wait..maybe it is my clothes. What's that smell? Smells like..burnt steel and eggs? Is that eggs? Is that what i always smell like?. Leaning forward The Doctor whispered to Will, "Oi, Will. Where's the bathroom?", "Up the stairs of Toni to the right. Now don't interrupt aga-YEAH!! GO Toni's twin!" Will suddenly proclaimed.

The Doctor nodded once receiving his instructions as he climbed the stairs, this would be the first time using a human bathroom for The Doctor. Having taking for granted everything the TARDIS does for him; showers and bathrooms were a constant within the interior, no matter the desktop theme. His clothes were freshly cleaned every time he slept or was out on an adventure, The Doctor just had to remember to change them out. Upon entering the bathroom, The Doctor chuckled at the sight of the shower and the thought of Will chucking a cookie while it was in use. Releasing a sigh as he approached the sink, a splash of water woke The Doctor from his growing daze, Was that a mental slip before?Was it a mental slip that the TARDIS picked up on when she brought me here?. The TARDIS always knew where he needed to go, and where he wanted to as well, even if The Doctor would never admit it.

One place she couldn't take him as home, although a part of him never wanted to return, not after all the events that took place between himself and The Master. His connection to the thought of home rested within the people he became friends with, all their faces engraved in his mind. The Doctor looked up to the mirror in front of the sink, "I don't look old" he huffed as he began to criticize his facial appearance, "At least i don't have grey hair with this one, had grey hair for ages". Suddenly noticing his monologue, The Doctor stopped and turned to exit the bathroom, his hands falling to his pockets as he walked out. His eyes landed on a picture of Will and Toni, their smiling faces looking back at him, the thought of them still being around made him happy. For some that traveled with him, all there was left was a picture, some of which he still kept somewhere in his TARDIS.

His eyes fell on Toni, within the picture, how long can he stay here before attachments start being made more prominent again? His absence was on purpose, although The Doctor would be hard pressed to admit as well as admitting the TARDIS was right in bringing him here. Turning away from the picture, The Doctor focus his eyes on the stairs back down to Toni and Will, No more mental slips.

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:34 am

Not for the first time and most definitely not the last, Toni wanted to be selfish. She wanted this oddly mundane moment to stretch like a boring school lecture or a slow movie. Even in her every day life, it wasn't usually this simple. There were kids now, running around and wanting to be taught while Toni helplessly acted like she knew what she was doing. Sure, to some degree, of course she did. She told stories for a living now, while she wasn't helping out Scotty with latest inventions, at a local library. Half her years were spent living with Will in the cabin, and the rest in a small flat with Scotty in the center of a busy city. Two very different settings, and the change of pace was almost intoxicating.

Sadly, it was one of the only times she really did any sort of traveling. Adult lives weren't as fun as advertised. She mourned who she used to be, but still looked forward towards a refreshing future. That's what happened after traveling through time, after all. It all took a different shape, a unique form that shed a new light on every aspect of linear days once she was returned to them. But did she really mourn who she was as a child, with an absent father and regretful mother? Or did she recall memories now tinted with a surge of sadness of her time spent with the Doctor? A frown pulled distastefully at her lips as she tried to push herself further into the couch, as if the thing would swallow her whole.

On the television, Hermione was being her heroic self once more, curly hair bouncing to frame her face as an intense scene advanced. Images of sitting in quite a futuristic restaurant, across from a younger Doctor, made Toni look away with a heavy sigh. There, a waiter had referred to her as Hermione, and it hadn't seemed to stop with the comparisons sense. Really, she didn't mind - not until Will started his constant marathons of the beloved franchise. Her brown eyes flicked to the older man, observing him as he remained intently focused on the film, catching every detail with such concentration he really only got when Harry Potter was saving the day. Or when there was a chocolate treat needing to be rescued.

Sick of her thoughts, Toni stood, moving around the couch. She headed up the stairs, taking them in twos, making her way up before the Doctor had begun his descent. Along the walls, Will had put up framed photos. Some of his days on set, or early years with family. New additions were of himself and Toni throughout the past years, of long weekends and snowy mornings. Toni briefly acknowledged them before she was stopping in front of the Doctor, raising her eyebrows in almost an accusing way. "You use bathrooms like a normal bloke now, Doctor? Outside of your box?" She teased, leaned against the banister, her own humor-fueled smile lighting her eyes. "What, checking to make sure you hadn't bruised?" With that, she reached over, poking his temple gently.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 6:50 am

((I'll have to stay up at midnight to catch your live replies Razz ))

The Doctor smirked, helpless to prevent his eyes from locking onto hers, "Well yeah, course. Time Lords aren't too far off from humans, i just do it all in a box" he chuckled. "Five years and still the same woman" He commented, her appearance not revealing a day had past, much less five years, "I can tell you've grown though, i'm guessing nice posh job..responsibility and all that. You're brave, i know i couldn't do that". The Doctor slowly tried to break his eyes' grip on her eyes, Why is she just standing there? Does she want me to poke back or..throw a cookie? No, that's not it.. "I'm too childish" The Doctor started once more, his eyes finally breaking their lock as they fell down to the various pictures down the hall, "Too restless to settle down in one spot..well..too much of many things".

Pacing over closer to Toni, The Doctor leaned and grabbed a picture off of the wall to get a closer look, "I love pictures" he grinned, glancing up at Toni, "Humans are so smart, you know that! Time Lords never took pictures, just sort of remembered moments, but i find pictures help you remember a lot more". Putting the picture back, where it was, The Doctor began to think about the few people he did have pictures of. Mostly companions, people who traveled with him that gave it to him as a gift; and one old picture of Susan, taken on Earth. Was she happier? I said i'd come back to her too....

Looking back over to Toni, The Doctors eyes locked their gaze in once more, "Although i'm sure that Will gives you enough trouble around here, it'd be hard to forget" he chuckled. The sound of Will snoring began to echo up the stairs, the sound of the movie just slightly quieter to allow Will's roaring snore to permeate through the living rooms and surrounding area. "Blimey, how much does that man sleep?" The Doctor asked, glancing down the stairs as he snore rang into his ears, his eyes returned to Toni. Why didn't he come back? Why did he always run away from things? Why did he feel this particular feeling around Toni? They had a few adventures, but not as many as some and these feelings never registered with them.

The Doctor pondered on these various questions surrounding Toni, this moment, and this cabin. There something about it that made it feel like home to him, although his home is far away, The Doctor always had a pull to Earth. Was it because humans reminded him of Time Lords? Or was it something more? Curious, should i explore more into it? Or do i just run away like usual? No, i can't do that to her again..not again, not her.

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 4:40 pm

(( Due to me having the worst sleep schedule in the world, oops. I'm also currently watching Goblet of Fire, so I'm basically Will Ferrell. David Tennant is on my screen too, I'm winning. ))

Watching him ramble with a bright smile, Toni crossed her arms over her faded out Disney sleep shirt. This was one of the most familiar moments of the night, listening to him chat away with a confidence yet almost uncertainty entangled within each word. The Doctor was never just one thing, not really. He was a thousand emotions and dreams in one, spanning the length of every known life and world. It was all consuming, breathtaking, and slightly devastating. Still, Toni missed every bit of it. The exhilaration, the freedom and inner strength that always came with the travels. It always started with the rambling, and shining eyes, didn't it?

"You're not childish," Toni sighed, deciding first to tackle that comment above the others, eyes flicking away from his to look over the pictures on the walls again. "There's a difference between being childish and enjoying a moment. Acknowledging the humor, or whatever." She glanced back to the Doctor, "and you can start taking pictures, whenever you like. Not all humans do it. My mum never did. Suppose it depends on the person." She shrugged then, shifting to look down the staircase, listening to the loud, rhythmic snores that were now drowning out the noise of the television.

The wooden staircase was worn from constant steps, herself or Will running up and down in their daily routines. It added more character to the cabin, the fading shine of the once garnished wood now chipped and scuffed like their dining room table or the posts to Toni's bed. It was well lived in, and each time her eyes locked onto a fresh chip, she couldn't help but smile. That, compared to others, was most likely not the common response to distressed housing. She adored it, but allowed her reflections to die out as she turned back to the Doctor.

"He sleeps probably more than any medical professional would consider healthy," she laughed, before nodding down the hall. "And he hardly ever makes it to his room, it's always on that bloody couch." And then she turned, starting down the creaking hall towards her own bedroom, the door still ajar. The music from Treasure Planet credit's softly lulled Toni into a warm calm. "Worst roommate, I swear," she added in a light joke, pushing her door firmly open before stepping inside. Nothing in the room really matched, and everything was only moderately put in the correct places, what with her closet tilted open and a stack of books piled atop her nightstand. She lowered onto her desk chair, glancing back towards her door to make sure the Doctor followed. "And my nice, posh job is the occasional work at a library. Putting books on shelves, reading to children. I finished school, too. Majored in English."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 7:37 pm

The Doctor slowly entered Toni's room, passing through the doorway with a slight hesitation, as if waiting to receive clearance to enter. His hands nestled in his pockets as he waited for Toni to sit down, then he entered the room, making sure not to bump into anything. Seeing a spot open on the edge of the bed, The Doctor took it as his mind registered Toni's comment about her work at the library. "I am officially jealous" The Doctor smirked, "A library?! I love libraries, brilliant places, love kids..their minds filled with such imagination". When Toni commented on her education, calming happiness filled The Doctor, "From the moment i met you i knew you were brilliant, knew you could change the world Toni Lucas".

His voice trailed off as he took in his surroundings, the various decor and splashes of Toni's personality scattered throughout the room. As he looked around, it quickly dawned on The Doctor the eventually lead in conversation that would come. With Will fast asleep and both of them in her room, it left the door, metaphorically, wide open. Alright..just don't say something stupid He thought to himself before beginning, "You know i was once married..kids, house..well..sort of speaking. Many, many, years ago..ages. I met my wife at the academy, she was brilliant, fantastic, challenged me like none other. Cutting the story short they died, leaving me with a grandchild Susan" he paused for a moment before looking over to Toni, "I stopped visiting because..i don't know if i could ever have that life again. Attachment..with me, it isn't like it's with some bloke down the street; it's danger everywhere and not knowing if one adventure may be your last".

The Doctor cuffed his hands down in front of him, "I wouldn't let you become someone i lost Toni...not you" he mumbled, "You remind me of it..my home, my old life all those years ago. Bit stubborn and persistent, but still" he chuckled. Leaning back, a sigh escaped his nostrils, "Anyways, yes! Where was i? Oh yeah, library and kids. Maybe i should open a library, but mine would have toys! I don't know, that might be a bit counterproductive. Good word counterproductive, big fat word, packs a punch". The Doctor was rambling, his two hearts battling one another, one for calmness, the other filled with frantic energy. Can't believe i'm thinking this, but i think i need to be slapped. Can't control my hearts or my mouth..well one is typical but that's besides the point. Good job Doctor, just bypass the real conversation into randomness, what are you going to do next? Run off to your box?.

Finally The Doctor was able to stop his own monologue, glancing over to Toni before reaching into his suit jacket, "Made you something..". Pulling out a flip phone, he set it on the dresser next to the bed, "Intergalactic calling installed, just in case Will needs help you know..baking cookies or something" he chuckled. Speaking about the phone made The Doctor think back to when he made an easy bake oven for Will, an improved one that wouldn't create hockey pucks; his mind wondered off as he pondered on where exactly it was in his TARDIS. Maybe beneath the console? No...yes...no, hang on. Maybe i left it on the ninth floor next to my other things that go ding when there's stuff

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 9:19 pm

An understanding smile traced Toni's lips, watching the Doctor throughout his struggled monologue that was cut short and quickly avoided. He continued on with something else, rambling like it'd clear the air of the heavy tension his previous comments left. But he was right, Toni was stubborn. She wasn't going to let what he said slip through cracks and disappear like the Time Lord probably wished they would. No, instead, she'd pry - perhaps try to be gentle about it, the previously mentioned persistence messing with her ability to not be all that blunt. Maybe it didn't matter if she was straight to the point or not, the Doctor seemed to be in a mental battle, causing havoc within that brain of his with each slip of the tongue.

She reminded him of his home somehow? He never really spoke about where he was from, and that was a topic Toni respectfully stayed away from. There were things that were meant to be left untouched, a person's personal past was sensitive and occasionally painful. She understood that more than she'd like, with the death of her brother and the absentee father. There was a mother, weakened by her losses and tragically ill-equipped for parenthood after the accident. So, Toni had left of her own free will. She found Scotty, and with him, had her own kind of happiness. It wasn't the practical family unit, but it was hers. And as a teenager in a complicated world, it was enough.

Standing slowly, Toni walked to her dresser, remaining silent as she picked up the phone. It was aged, a flip phone in all their old glory. She rolled it lazily against her palm, watching the light from her lamp reflect delicately off the backing. "Thanks," she finally breathed out before setting the phone back down. From there, she moved to her bed, pushing the light purple comforter back to free some space beside the Doctor. She sat, sighing at the wall opposite them.

"Might not have as much experience in life as you do, Doctor, but I do know that attachments aren't something you really get to decide on." Her voice was soft, eyes lingering on the blank screen of her TV as it struggled to fathom what it could do with an ended DVD. "Nor are they really a bad thing, not always." Shifting slightly, Toni locked her gaze on the Doctor's face, observing his high cheekbones before trying to catch a glimpse of his brown eyes. "Not to mention, there's no blokes down the street. Just trees. And I happen to like the danger that comes with you and your converses."

Almost as quickly as she sat, Toni was back on her feet, spinning lightly in position to stand directly in front of the Doctor. Eyebrows raised, she offered a daring grin, "who said it best, yeah? Peter Pan? 'To die would be an awfully big adventure'. No use in living in fear of an ending." For a moment, she let the silence wash over them - the only hints of existence their collective breaths and the snores still echoing from downstairs. "Besides, wouldn't let me? I hardly listened anyway. And isn't staying away now, even if I'm alive, like losing me? Five years, Doctor. Five."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 10:05 pm

The Doctor's eyebrow arched, his eyes shooting up to Toni as she stood over him, "Fine" he finally said standing up, "You had me at a Disney reference, bit of a sap for that company. Brilliant movies by the way, anyways!...Toni Lucas". The Doctor looked at her for a moment then sniffed, "I suppose i do owe you a bit for those five years. Besides i couldn't have you go on with just Will and those cookies of his, after the evidence brought before me..i think it'd be a bit cruel to do so" he smiled.

Curious, The Doctor walked over to one of the windows, "Oh you are right, only tree's..well that's rubbish, why have a window to only look at tree's?" he commented, "Wouldn't you like to see, i don't know, the sky or something?" he asked as he turned back around to Toni. As the conversation had progressed, The Doctors hearts had returned to their normal beat if not a little excited. His worry still lingered over Toni and her safety, his mind thinking back to Toni's family and her cousin's remarks on her sudden departure. The sound of Will's snoring echoed up through the stair case and into Toni's room, reminding The Doctor to keep his voice down.

Looking over to Toni, The Doctor braced himself, "Alright then Lucas" he started, "How can i make up for the five years? Maybe toss in a few more thrills just for fun..anywhere in time and space, you name it. Or! You could always help me with a project, sort of took it upon myself to build Will a proper easy bake..well i suppose you can call it easier bake". Internally The Doctor laughed at his own joke, Easier bake! Ha! Fantastic! Should i call it that? I wonder if i need to install a few added precautions for Will..he might burn his head off..or worse the cabin. His eyebrow arched as he longed to hear an answer, What if she makes me do something? Oh no, i probably should have thought that through...great, i just gave Toni Lucas the power of complete choice with no limit on the range. What if it's something emotional? Nah, probably adventurous..yeah adventurous, i'll go with that. If i'm right, i'm getting myself one of those hover boards from - you know what..i probably should stop to pay attention in case she answers. The Doctor refocused himself on Toni, his gaze locking onto her from across the room; the light from the window gently touching her as it passed over The Doctor.

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 12:21 am

Anywhere in time and space, or a project that would potentially, at least, burn off Will's eyebrows? No brainer. Toni grinned knowingly, swaying some in her spot, before walking over to the Doctor beside the window. She looked out, over the familiar trees and the thick bushes at their bases. Flowers added delicate color around the area, hard to see for most, but she had them memorized like the back of her hand. Which, perhaps, wasn't much. She didn't exactly spend too much time staring at her own hand.

"All of the above," she answered, softly, admiring a tree that stood closer to her window, branches bent and twisted in something that resembled a moving ballerina. "Easier bake oven sounds a bit lethal, we'll have to add some parental locks." Nudging his arm with her body's side briefly before she began to lazily trace circles over the window, watching the fog evaporate under her warmth to let her draw. "And I'm one step ahead of you. Of course I'd like to see the sky. See there," she ran her finger up along the glass, tapping briefly as she firmly found the spot she had been looking for, "through those trees, a bit down, there's the most beautiful clearing."

She had found it on one of her late night runs, exploring the nature around her as slowly as possible to not let it slip through her fingers. In the clearing, the trees opened up like a welcoming skylight, allowing the stars to freckle the darkness as dew pinched at the grass. There, flowers grew in clusters and families - one was never alone, and they all managed to range in colors. Not one was the same, yet the grew from similar stems. The grass was plush and soft, rarely crunchy unless an unwelcoming storm had taken shape. That clearing, by far, was her favorite part about visiting the cabin. The light breeze that constantly blew through leaves, the dreamy far away sound of a stream tickling the ears of anyone willing to listen.

"But," she added quickly, eyes flicking back to the Doctor once she was out of her own induced trance, "don't tell Will. He'd probably decorate the place with something like marshmallows." A comfortable smile stretched her features once more at the mere thought of a silly actor, running around like that was his only mission in life. She could instantly picture that determination and focus, curls rustling in encouraged winds. "I know exactly where we should go, though. First trip back in the TARDIS, who, mind you, had better missed me." Now, her focus had mostly returned to the window, idly watching the trees. "Late 1950s, Disneyland a bit into her opening. Maybe we could even spot Walt himself."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:44 pm

The Doctor watched Toni trace her finger around the window, as if a figure skater rolling around an ice ring, his eyes fell down to her lips as she spoke. When she turned to face him, for a brief moment to speak, The Doctor shifted his gaze back up before rolling his eyes at the thought of Disney Land. "I literally have a machine that can send us anywhere and you choose Disney Land" He huffed, with a slight chuckle as he began to walk out of the room, "Besides, everyone know's Disney World is much better Toni". His last comment forced a smile on his face, for some reason he enjoyed messing with Toni; reminded him of a child like banter between to close people. His smile fading slowly as he tried to go down the stairs quietly, to not wake Will from his slumber.

With each step, the wood slightly creaked, The Doctor pausing after each step to ensure Will hadn't woken up. The second to last step causing the most noise, The Doctor's converses quickly retreating back to the previous step as Will stirred in his recliner. "Get off me Nargles!" He murmured, The Doctor paused for a moment then took a daring step over the problem step, nearly causing himself to fall in the process. Success; The Doctor made it down to the living room of the cabin with a sigh of relief. Two steps forward and The Doctor was at the sliding glass door, his hand slowly reaching for the handle when he felt a looming shadow behind him. "Where you think you're going mister?" Will hissed, his eyes half closed, "You better not be leaving! We love you too much just for you to disappear...especially me" his eyes began to tear up as The Doctor turned around.

The Doctor put his hand on Will's shoulder as he looked him in the eyes, "Will..listen to me" he began, "I'm not leaving, just gotta grab something". Will's eyes shot open with sudden happiness, "Oh goody! I'll go and get more chocolate...Oh we can make smores! I'll go grab the stuff from the store, you cut down a tree. Break!". Will bolted down the hall, The Doctor guessed towards his room, before running back out and towards the front door, "Be right back Toni-sha! We need chocolate, The Doctor isn't leaving, it's a celebration! Get the pull out bed ready!" he called up the stairs. The Doctor attempted to protest the pull out bed comment, but it was too late as Will had already rushed out of the front door. "And people call me mad" The Doctor commented before exiting through the sliding glass door to get to his TARDIS.

"Now where is it?" The Doctor asked himself, rummaging through his various tools underneath the central control console, "Could have sworn i left it next to the vortex calibrator". "Aha!" The Doctor proclaimed, "Gotcha!" his arms struggled as he dead lifted the large box and hoisted it on top of the metal grate flooring above him. After pulling himself up, The Doctor closed the hatch and proceeded to grab the box; "Oh!" escaped his lips as he nearly forgot his screwdriver. Leaning over, The Doctor grabbed it with his mouth and ran down the ramp, as best he could. Luckily he had left both the TARDIS doors, and the sliding glass door open to ease the burden of carrying the box.

With a slam, the TARDIS doors closed as The Doctor used his left foot to close them behind him, one by one. Inching past the sliding glass door, The Doctor huffed at the sight of the stairs, I got this.. he assured himself. One step at a time, The Doctor climbed the stairs, screwdriver in his mouth and eyes wide with anxiety. The creaking of the steps only added to The Doctors worry as he continued to climb. The top was a welcomed victory, as was releasing the box down on the floor of Toni's room, "Did someone order an easier bake oven?" The Doctor said breathlessly, taking the screwdriver out of his mouth, "Now, Ms. Lucas, you wouldn't happen to fancy touching it up with me would you? I know i can be a bit overbearing with..well..you know my personality and, especially technology so i wouldn't blame you if you sat this one out" he teased with a slowly forming grin.

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 10:36 pm

Toni stayed behind as the Doctor disappeared, watching him rush back downstairs with purpose as she found a spot back on her bed to sit. She focused on brushing her thumb over her familiar comforter, listening absently to the nervous conversation happening downstairs. It seemed Will had woken up, and quite abruptly, at that. And then the voices stopped, and Will seemed to have disappeared altogether. Toni didn't question it, he was always running out of some room only to pop back up at the most random of moments - especially when, apparently, chocolate was going to be involved. So, she remained where she was, and waited.

It didn't take very long for the Doctor to come back, and for Toni to pull herself out of idle thoughts. She lifted her head, blowing a loose strand of hair out of her face as she eyed the project in tow. "Oh boy," she sighed, smiling through her mocked distress as she slid off her bed and onto the floor. She tucked a thumb under cardboard and gingerly pulled back, gracefully opening the box to expose the content inside. "Right, we've got work to do, then." It was without hesitation now that she was worked on removing the so-called 'easier bake oven'. She was grinning at the thought of this, at the Doctor sitting with that scrunched up thinking face of his, mind-numbingly focused on making something so childlike and kind for the likes of Will Ferrell. "I meant what I said, parental locks. For settings, only allowing this thing to get so hot. Or he'll blow up the cabin, or burn his eyebrows off. Again."

Crossing her legs as she firmly took a seat on the carpet, she bit her lip, observing the materials in front of her as if mesmerized by the new job. Her eyes lit up with concentration and building energy, smoothly turning the thing around to check wiring. She knew what to do, for the most part. There were countless electronically focused projects she had done with Scotty, and, like always, she picked up on the needed skills quite quickly. So, as her fingers worked against a wire before popping the door of the easier bake oven open to take a glance inside, she didn't bother looking up to address the Doctor. "Pull out bed? I think Will's trying to kidnap you."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 11:13 pm

The Doctor fell down to the floor, opposite of Toni as he put on his glasses, smirking at her last comment. "Suppose so" He started, "I guess I can stay for as long as possible, the universe isn't being destroyed at the moment. Nice for a change". Glancing over at Toni working he realized how much he forgot about her; the aptitude to pick up on things and her drive, all of which The Doctor admired about her. Realizing he was spending too much time looking at Toni, The Doctor took out the various components from the box and laid them out.

With a flick of his wrist, The Doctor began to go to work on the oven. His first task of adjusting some of the wires was easily finished, with the help of his screwdriver, which he passed to Toni every so often so she could use it. "You know I missed you a lot" The Doctor finally said, failing to look up as he continued working, "Much more than my stubborn self would care to admit. Adventures can only keep you away for so long, from people you really want to be with". His diligent work on the oven prevented The Doctor from realizing what he had just said, instead he glancing up at Toni with a smile.

Placing the wires into the back of the oven, The Doctor turned himself into his back to get a better view. With his screwdriver in one hand, the other holding up wiring, The Doctor squinted through his glasses, "Alright..almost done. Adjusting the maximum heat levels..activating the difibulator settings to help with cookie softness. Should be it". The Doctor inspected the bottom of the oven, "How's it Toni?" He asked, pushing himself up onto his side, "Does it look obvious home made? I tried to use shiny parts as best I could".

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 7:01 pm

For most of the brief work, she had remained quiet, letting the Doctor speak when he felt the need to fill the comfortable silence. The buzzing of the sonic occasionally energized the air, but unsurprisingly, it was a calming sound. Toni soaked it in along with every other part of the present moment, letting it nestle contently into her like a warm sun's rays on a rare beach day. When he mentioned missing her, she still worked in silence, looking up to catch his eyes and watch his smile. He seemed to be smiling a lot, which she had always noticed to be some kind of 'stay in the moment, don't dwell' coping mechanism. Regardless, she had never strayed from that smile, the toothy one that constantly contained more emotion and age than any others she had ever seen. And, like the sonic, it was calming and warm.

She let her gaze trail back down, hair falling carelessly against her forehead as if trying to disguise an expression in a waterfall like shield. "Is that why you're willing to stay in one place a bit longer than usual?" There was no bite to her words, a softness enclosing each letter as she toyed with tightening a dial. "You're going to suffer through that horrid pull out bed, because you missed me?" Still no bite, but there was sure a light tease slipping off her tongue now. "So sentimental." She leaned back then, resting her back against the side of her bed, feeling a bulge of scrunched comforter dig into her shoulder blades. "I missed you, too. And I'm practically just as stubborn as you are, so that's saying something."

With that, she picked up a throw pillow off the base of her bed, knowing it had fallen there days ago. Of course, Toni didn't care, and hadn't picked it up. Which, now, was useful, as she used the name of the thing for all it was worth - and threw it lazily at the Doctor, hitting his shoulder with a light thud before dropping back to carpeted floor. Then, her eyes fell down to the easier bake oven, smirking at the adjustments and overall heart the thing possessed. "Of course it looks homemade, you loon. That's why he'll love it even more."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 10:09 pm

The Doctor's mouth feel open as the pillow smacked his shoulder, "Oi! What did i do?!" he protested with a chuckle, grabbing the pillow and tossing it back, "Sometimes i do crazy things..like for instance sleep on a pull out bed, which i never have before. Quite looking forward to it, should be loads of fun". Looking down at the creation, The Doctor nodded his head with partial delight, it wasn't as extravagant as he had wanted it to be. Toni's remarks on how Will would like it gave The Doctor some relief, although many things made Will happy, surely even this would do the trick. The warmth of the room was comforting, almost soothing and nearly made The Doctor slow down working on the oven.

He had to keep moving, it was something The Doctor enjoyed to do opposed to talking, especially about feelings. Even as a child he preferred to express feelings through different medians, like acts or even smiles and hugs. He never enjoyed awkwardness, whether that be the awkward moments in between replies or awkward silences after bad jokes; it drove him mad. Adventures always cured it for him; adventures and working on his various gadgets, something to fixate his mind on. The sound of a car pulling into the driveway of the cabin snatched The Doctor out of his thoughts, his eyes, and body, bolting to the window to watch the car pull in. "It's Will!" He hissed back at Toni, "Where should we put it?".

Will slowly unlocked the front door, turning the handle and entering the house with one bag in his left hand. Sauntering into the living room, he proclaimed "People i am home!", "I expected royal treatment for obtaining these high quality goodies!". Setting the bag down on the counter, he marveled at each item as he took them out. "Chocolate, my sweet mistress" He whispered to the pack of chocolate bars, as he took them out, "I cannot wait for your loving embrace. In my mouth..between marsh mellow..AND GRAHAM CRACKERS!!". His screams of happiness rang throughout the cabin, echoing up to Toni's room, "Hey, you better not be having fun up there without me!" Will yelled back towards the stairs, finally beginning to realize neither The Doctor nor Toni had come down to greet him.

Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 12:44 am

The calm faded when Will's familiar, booming voice reentered hers and the Doctor's own personal universe. She lifted her head again, glancing at the door with arched brows before her attention drew itself back to the Time Lord. In a smooth, singular motion, Toni stood, nodding to her closet as she walked over, tugging the door open. While the room itself didn't particularly fulfill the requirements for an altogether clean place, her closet did. Perhaps because it was never really touched, as she never bothered much with returning things to their rightful hooks. So, in there, it was spacious and welcoming to the hand made gift. "He only comes in my room when he suddenly wants to pull a prank or wake me up for chocolate waffles, anyway."

Once the easier bake oven was safely stored in her closet, after some awkward readjusted hands that occasionally fell atop the Doctor's while she helped hold the weight, she finally moved to turn the TV off. The screen went black, reflecting the gentle glow of the room to expose the outlines of two bodies. She eyed them, letting herself take another moment amongst the many she had had in this limited time the Doctor had been there. But it didn't last nearly long enough, breaking it herself as she turned around, reaching for the Doctor to stop him in whatever act he was doing. Her hand caught his forearm, almost unfamiliar with the thinness of his suit as it was so often paired with his overcoat. "Can I ask you something first? Before we head down there," her hand didn't move, her eyes locked on his. And without waiting for an okay or some type of assurance she could, she continued, "Why'd she bring you here? The TARDIS. Because even though you spewed all that stuff 'bout adventures only keeping you away for so long, I know you well enough to know that you didn't just pop in for home videos and chocolates. And if she thinks your idea of a nice vacation is a cabin in a wooded area with an overly active man-child is in any way a break from all your running, then we have to introduce her officially to Will."

A soft tease, because her words were picking at her now. She refused to say the wrong thing, to send the Doctor away too soon, to end this night. He was willing to spend more hours there, to actually sleep on that pull out bed - to spend time the linear way, the slow way. It was surprising, and comforting, and forced a thousand more kinds of emotions to linger in her subconscious - shoved aside only in avoidance of questioned thoughts. "I missed you, Doctor, but I stopped thinking you'd come visit again a long time ago." Her hand was still firmly wrapped around his forearm, like an anchor to hold her tight against the conversation. "So... You said something, she heard, and took you here, yeah? Of all places."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 6:51 am

At first The Doctor looked down at Toni's firm grasp on his forearm, then his eyes over to hers as she began to speak and ask questions. "Well..the TARDIS is a bit more than just a machine, her and i are connected..emotionally and sometimes physically" He started, his mind beginning to fall deep into the comforting brown of her eyes, "I said 'Take me where i need to be' and she brought me here. Sometimes it's places i can be of most help, some random planet in some random universe. Others its somewhere i have deep emotional attachments". He chuckled at the thought of Will running around inside of the TARDIS, then the sudden horror of him breaking stuff while in there shattered that funny thought.

Turning, The Doctor took a single step closer to Toni, his free arm pulling upwards as his fingers pushed a strand of hair away from her eyes and leading it to fall behind her ear. "Wonderful box" He mumbled, losing track of his thoughts as he looked at Toni; his mind battled to pull away as his emotions ran high and controlled his every move. Attachments were difficult, especially when it came to those with humans; their fragile bodies and life expectancy all correlated to one sad conclusion. The Doctor couldn't bare the thought of keeping someone around long enough, a human, to see them age and whither and die in front of him. In most cases, he attended their funerals after they died in the arms of their families, at home instead of inside his box. It was a sadness that he had come to grips with, letting people go when they asked to go home and never coming back to visit them and tempt them with running away again.

Those very reasons were why The Doctors mind was fighting him at this present moment, mind verses emotion. Do you really want to do this? Get all attached, run off and have fun just to ultimately see her die? Either by something stubborn she decides to do on an adventure, or watch her perish inside of your TARDIS one day? His thoughts tried to reason with him, as he continued to stand in front of Toni looking at her and being held by her hand, What if there was a way..no, out of question. But it should be her decision..no. Get a hold of yourself Doctor and think, you can't just bring her to the Time Lords and fix everything and possibly give her the curse too. The Doctor shook off his thoughts as he released a sigh, "Anything you want to know Toni" he finally spoke, "Just ask" a smile inched onto his face in the form of a smirk.

The sound of Will putting up groceries down stairs echoed up into the room, reminding the inhabitants of the other occupant inside of the cabin. Inside The Doctor hoped he hadn't crossed a line with Toni, a line that he couldn't step back from. He began to go over what he said, making sure he didn't slip up somewhere and have to explain himself.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icecream Heals Everything   Icecream Heals Everything I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Icecream Heals Everything
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next