Connecting the Dots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Quinn_Malone
Beginner
Beginner
Quinn_Malone

Connecting the Dots Empty
PostSubject: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:13 pm

for me and Medwyn

I'm walking down a dark corridor, there is barley any light. It all seems vagley familiar to me but i cant quite put my finger on it. Some thing had woken me up, a loud noise of sorts, and of course being the way i am i got out of the bed and went to find it. The corridor seemed to for ever and ever getting darker and darker. The noises getting louder and closer. I could now recognize what they were. Screams. Then suddenly they stopped and so did I. It was only when i heard the scratching and clawing of something coming towards me that My body turned and started to sprint back down the corridor, but i seemed be be getting no where. I started screaming out for help but what ever was chasing me kept getting closer and closer. I stumbled and i could scenes the thing leaping at me as I lay on the ground crying but then the thing stopped. I continue to lay there for a moment before suddenly turning around to see- BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ!
Quinn Shot up in bed, brown hair flying in every which direction, and wildly looked around her orange bedroom for the source of the buzzing.  Quinn looked at her alarmclock in sleepy confusion before hitting the off button.  
It was jist a dream quinn, th' sam one ye hae every nicht. pull ye self together. ( It was just a dream Quinn, the same one you have every night. Pull you self together) She told her self. Ever since Quinn was eleven she has always had this nightmare of her old family manor back in Scotland. It was a normality now.
She breathed a deep sigh of relief and just sat there head in hands for a few minutes before she looked over at my alarm clock witch read 7:30. Quinn slowly slipped out of her bed and got ready for the day.  Pulled on a pair of jeans, snow patrol t-shirt, and orange converse, while doing all the other normal morning stuff like brushing teeth and hair. 15 short minutes later she was grabbing her small back back purse and running down the stairs. Quinn poked her head inside the living room to see her gran staring at the telly.
"Bye Gran, Aam gonnae intae london the-day, but Ah tryst tae be haem fur supper."(bye Gran I'm going into London today, but I promise to be home for supper) She tells her in a thick Scottish accent. She looks at Quinn and gives me a small sleepy nod. Quinn smiles and sprints to the Bus stop to catch the next bus to London from Surrey. As the young Scott got on the bus she settled into a lone seat at the back and watched out the window.  
She suddenly felt drained. The many nights of interupted sleep was starting to take its toll on Quinn.  If it wasnt the thought of getting a warm cup of coffee, she would probally just fall asleep here and never get off the bus.  As she watched out her window at the passing scenery she thought about why she was going into London today.  She was supose to be meeting her friend Medwyn at Costa, a coffe house in London.  It was the same place she had met the strange woman for the first time.  
As the bus pulled up to her stop, she stood up and made her way off the bus.  Quinn walked over to the same wall Medwyn had been standing at when they first met and leaned against it.  She yawned loudly and rubbed her heavily bagged eyes.

Last edited by Quinn_Malone on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Student
Student
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Medwyn materialized in a dark little corner between two houses.
To her it had been half an eternity since she met Quinn - last time they did Medwyn assumed to be a human, so now there would be a lot to explain to Quinn.
On the other hand Quinn had been one of those people who apparently by chance kept meeting Medwyn again and again.
Medwyn knew that Quinn was not a Time Lord, so it could not be Medwyn's way of sensing and being attracted towards possible Operators.
It must have been something different.
Something Medwyn was not able to identify yet, but she was more tna curious and eager to find out about it.
Walking down the street she quickly found the little cofee house again and spotted Quinn standing at the wall.
The last time they met here, Medwyn had leaned against the wall while Quinn came from the direction Medwyn came from right now. It almost felt like a little irony to her.
With a grin she looked at her friend as she yawned.
"Hello there!" She cheerfully exclaimed, hailingly nodded and reached out her hand to Quinn.
"...Sounds like it must have been a long night, aye?"
Back to top Go down
http://commander-june.deviantart.com/
Quinn_Malone
Beginner
Beginner
Quinn_Malone

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 pm

"Oi! Medwyn long time no see eh?" Quinn chucked and extended her hand to shake Medwyn's before pulling her into a hug.  
"you ave no idea how long of a nicht its been." she sighed stepping back and walking into the costa.  
"Afair anythin' else weird happens loch it normally diz, Ah want a bloddy cuppae coffee," (Before anything else weird happens, like it normally does i want a bloddy cup of coffee) Quinn mummbled and held the door open before walking up to the counter and ordering her normal straight black coffee.  once she got her coffee and was able to take a sip she continued talking.
 "Thocht correction, its bin mony lang nights. ne'er endin' lang nights"(though correction, its been many long nights. never ending long nigths). she waited for Medwyn to get her drink before walking to her normal table and plopping down in the seat.

Last edited by Quinn_Malone on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Student
Student
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Medwyn gladly nodded, walking through the door Quin held open for her.
Coffee always sounded like a good idea, and it truly was some sort of a universal solution for all sorts of minor daily problems.
Even though Medwyn technically did not need to eat or drink, she still enjoyed coffee.
(Just at the moment she drank it, the coffee was dematerialized and the atomic components were saved for later use.)
As Quinn ordered herself a black coffee Medwyn gave her a thoughtful look.
"What do you mean by many long nights? I remember you even were tired the very first time we met.
What is it? Do you have difficulties with getting sleep, or is it something..."
She hesitated some seconds before she continued her sentence. "...rather different?"
As Quinn got her Coffee, Medwyn pointed at Quinn's cup and just spoke "The same please" to the woman behind the bar. When the woman gave one cup of black coffee to Medwyn too, she walked some steps forward looking for a free table to claim.
Finally taking seat at one of the tables Medwyn returned her gaze at Quinn.
"Y'know - For me it has been several years since we last met. Therefor I'm even more glad to meet you again."
She smiled a little taking a little sip of her coffee.
Back to top Go down
Quinn_Malone
Beginner
Beginner
Quinn_Malone

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:33 pm

"Medwynn i know it may feel like years since we last met but its only been 9 months." she said taking another sip of her coffee.  she seemed to get distracted for a moment but she quickly snapped herself out of it.  
"Did i ever tell you how my parents died?  Up till i was eleven, My family and I lived in my family's manor in scottland.  It was a large old place with many secret and dark passageways, i often got lost as a child and would sit screaming until my parents or some one would find me." Quinn paused for a moment to collect her thoughts and take another sip of coffee before continuing.  
"Then when i was Eleven i had a bad dream and went to go tell my mum and da. There room was in a different part of the house then mine at this time.  As i was walking to there room i noticed it was a bit to warm for a night on the scottish moore but i thought nothing of it really." Quinn squinted in concentration.
"I have a hard time remembering after that really.  its a bit hazy but i faintly remember something spooking me a bit and turning to sprint the other way before being knocked out.  After that I remember waking up in the back of a ambivalence, the only thing wrong with me was a few scrapes and a rather large cut across my stomach from when i fell through the floor apparently." quinn stopped and was completely still for a few moments.
 "i was the only one to make it out of that house alive." she whispered.  
"ever since Ive had this recurring nightmare about something chasing me.  the severity of it varies but lately its been horrible." she countined not letting her self dwell on her parents death

Last edited by Quinn_Malone on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Student
Student
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Medwyn raised an eyebrow.
"I am very sorry to hear that about your parents..." She said thoughtfully and looked into her cup.
Even though Medwyn had no family of her own, she was able to sense the tragedy behind Quinn's story. It actually made Medwyn feel.
No wonder this gave Quinn so many long nights...
"...Do you think this dream of you being chased by something may be hidden real memory?"
Medwyn leaned back in her chair and looked at Quinn.
People constantly were strategically forgetting - Usually this was nature's selective storage to keep people sane. But in some special cases people were (or at least their subconsciousness made them) willingly forgetting things. Terrible things... Disturbing things... Things that did not match with what was considered to be possible...
She could imagine how that must feel for Quinn - Medwyn actually had lost lots of her memories as well, and even though she technically would have been glad to remember again, a tiny part of her always wondered, whether it was maybe for the better that she did not know...
After a long time she finally added.
"Is there maybe something I can do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Quinn_Malone
Beginner
Beginner
Quinn_Malone

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Quinn just shrugged stairing at her coffee.  
"doubt theres much to be done at this point.  none of the councelors my Gran sent me to worked."
she sighed and downed the rest of her coffee.  She still had a scar across her stomach from that day, a never ending reminder of the fire.  
"i shouldnt be alive Medwyn,"

Last edited by Quinn_Malone on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Student
Student
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:14 pm

"Don't say that..." Medwyn answered to Quinn.
"From everything I have experienced so far no one that should not be alive actually is.
...Well, some people are, and these are called causal anomalies, and I usually can sense these sorts of people. You are none of them."

She smiled at Quinn and took another sip of her coffee.
"You are alive because you were meant to be - I have no tiny doubt about this."
She carefully looked at Quinn.
The things she said actually made Medwyn think. She indeed was no sort of an anomaly, but then again she and Medwyn kept meeting each other - And even though Quinn did not know about the ways their meetings worked yet, there had to be at least a tiny bit of meaning behind it.
Staring at Quinn Medwyn finally continued.
"I can sense all sorts of anomalies. You're not an anomaly but there is something about you. Something familiar I am not able to identify yet..."
Back to top Go down
Quinn_Malone
Beginner
Beginner
Quinn_Malone

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Quinn gave her friend a weird look,
"you say some weird stuff at times, like that you can sense if a person is ment to be a live, or when you said you hadnt seen me in years." she pointed out lightly. Quinn went to take another sip of her coffee to find it was empty. she staired at her empty cup and shrugged setting it back down.
"you acted weird the first time i met you too if i remember correctly," she watched medwyn for a bit before looking back out the window.
"you seem different then last time," she said suddenly
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Student
Student
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Medwyn nodded and looked at Quinn.
"I'm not acting weird, I'm just... Different.
The last time we met - in my point of view - has been 27 years ago.
You haven't seen me in nine months because this is where I returned.
I'm a time traveler - I already have been the first time we met."

Medwyn stopped for a second and looked at Quinn.
For a second she wondered how that must sound to someone else, but then again, Medwyn trusted in Quinn not to be too disturbed about this.
"...I'm telling you this because I think you're probably the only one from this era who can cope with that.
...And that alone should make both of us think!...
I'm a time traveler from another planet - I'm probably several hundred years old, I'm not even a real life form, but most important of all: I think I know you from somewhere..."
Back to top Go down
Quinn_Malone
Beginner
Beginner
Quinn_Malone

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 pm

The emotions raced on Quinns face. She went from surprised, to worried, to annoyed, to thoughtful, to utterly perplexed in a few seconds. she opened her mouth a few times to speak but nothing ever came out.
Quinn glanced down at her empty coffee cup ad cleared her throught.
"well im glad i hadnt been drinking when you said that." Quinn started softly still looking thoughtful, still processing this new information.
"I'm not really sure what i think is crazier." she started, "That you've aged 27 years, That you can travel time, that you're from a different planet, or that i bloody believe you,"
Quinn paused for another moment "I'm not sure about how you would know me though, i think id remember some one like you."
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Student
Student
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:07 pm

"One should guess so.
Then again I don't even remember the most vital details of my existence...
I think we have a lot in common."

Medwyn grinned a little, and stood up.
"I'll gonna get us another coffee." She said friendly.

As she returned with two fresh black cups of coffee and sat down again, Medwyn continued.
"...What do you think might be the reason that keeps us meeting each other?
I personally do not believe in coincidence, do you?..."
Back to top Go down
Quinn_Malone
Beginner
Beginner
Quinn_Malone

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:12 pm

"good idea, coffee helps keep me sane," she replyied still deep in thought. When Medwynn returned with the coffee she murrmeerd a thanks and sipped in gingerly.
"yeah if i had been drinking this when you told me all that, i would of done a spit take," she commented.
"And as for believing in councidence, it depends on the day. some things here are coincidence, like that we both like coffee, or we are both girls." she commented logically
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Student
Student
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Medwyn smirked.
"Technically seen, I'm not a girl, I just look like one... But that's another story." She said, leaning back in her chair and drinking some of her coffee.
"But you're right some things may be pure chance. But certainly not all of them.
Anyway. I can prove everything I said to you if you like."

She gave Quinn a friendly look and took another sip of her coffee.
Of course she still had not discovered her full potential yet but she maybe still was able to distract Quinn from all those terrible memories for a short time.
This at least was the best thing that came to her mind to help her - At least at the moment.
Medwyn was not able to deny that she felt somewhat responsible for Quinn's well-being not being able to tell whether it was because they were friends or because she felt like she had to for other reasons...
Back to top Go down
Quinn_Malone
Beginner
Beginner
Quinn_Malone

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Quinn looked blankly at Medwyn.
"I would like to say that is the weirdest things can get but I highly doubt that would be a true statement." she countinued nurseing her coffee as she listened to medwyn.
"Usaly i wouldnt ask for proof but im seariously curious now so, yes prove it." she said sticking her tounge out like the five year old she was at heart.
Any Distractions were gratefully accepted. even if she could have 5 minutes to get away from the dark dreams that haunted her mind, she would take it. That was one of the reasons she came into london every day, to find new ways of distracting herself from her own mind.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Student
Student
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Medwyn smiled bright.
She was glad Quinn asked for a proof, for that actually meant she did not consider Medwyn to be completely insane.
Maybe she considered her as a liar yet, but Medwyn surely soon would be able to change that.
"If you up for something weird, I'd suggest we finish our coffee and then search for a dark corner.
What I have in mind might cause disturbance when being done in public."

She stuck out her tounge as well and closed her eyes for a second.
Back to top Go down
Quinn_Malone
Beginner
Beginner
Quinn_Malone

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:22 pm

"Medwyn, Im a Scott living in Surrey england, im used to weird." She quickly gulped down the rest of the coffee
"lets do this," she said standin up and bouncing on the balls of her feet.
"i really wanna see if this will really work or not. it sounds cool in therory but it also sounds impossible," she laughed going into one of her crazy rambleings. S he drifted off in such a thick Scottish accent it was not understandable.
"Once again Medwyn my dear friend," she paused patting her friends shoulder, "im bloddy Scottish, i dont give a bloody hell if i disturb the public, but we shall do this your way."
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Student
Student
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Medwyn chucked and emptied her own cup of coffee as well.
"Calm down, my dear - Everything's alright.."
She did a polite gesture towards the door, then both left the little coffee house.
Medwyn lead Quinn into the dark little backyard corner, where she materialized about an hour ago.
"Well..."
She grabbed something out of the pockets of her coat (which were bigger on the inside, which was the reason it took Medwyn some time to find what she was looking for.) and finally caught a little device she held up towards Quinn and began to explain.
"...This is my old Vortex Manipulator, I'll give it to you for the duration of our trip.
I unfortunately don't know how to take people aboard yet, otherwise this wouldn't be necessary.
Anyway..."

She gave Quinn a warm smile.
"Give me your hand..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connecting the Dots   Connecting the Dots I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Connecting the Dots
Page 1 of 1