Delirious on Delirium

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:26 am

"Ah yes, the dirty work. I can appreciate that. I am impressed the old girl still functions if you consider how many times she must have broke down and whatnot. Well, you have the Doctor's TARDIS and I have my creations. That is my distraction. Just taking bits of technology from different planets and combining them into an interesting tool or wea-... anyway, it is fun, to say the least." The Interfector smiled at her and it faltered when he saw her face drop. He wanted to reach out and do something, mimic the comforting actions she had preformed on him. Though he waited too long and the moment had passed when she prompted him to take her away from Delirium.

Forgetting the samples he wanted, the Time Lord nodded his affirmation and patted the console fondly, "London, Earth, my beauty." The TARDIS hummed and the column glowed as it shot into the vortex and made its way to the human planet.

The Time Lord looked up at Sonya, his surprise unmasked. "You desire to spend time with me? I thought you were tired. I should really get some sleep too. Technically, I am still regenerating." Too late did he realize it sounded like he was rejecting her offer and it made him slightly flustered. "No, no, I mean, can I get a rain check? Wait, actually I could spare a few hours. Nutrients aids in the reconstruction of cells. Plus this new form seems to enjoy talking, I would love to talk. Especially with you. You are very clever and.. where is the best place for food?"

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:42 am

Sonya felt a relieved smile spread across her face as she walked back over to stand next to Interfect. "Hmm, I know a brilliant place in London that has the best chips that I've ever tasted." She said thoughtfully, her head tilting to the side as she thought over all of the places she had gone to recently. Picking out the best ones to sit at and talk while enjoying some decent food for once. "What do you say to some burgers and chips? Not exactly the most expensive meal, but tastes like it anyway." She added, grinning up at him brightly, brushing off the thought of sleep for the moment. She could sleep later, when she was alone again.

Once more she frowned at her thoughts, she was never alone. Every day she ran into someone she knew and ended up spending time with them for hours on end, either getting into trouble or just wandering around looking for it. Chewing on her lower lip thoughtfully, she turned her eyes towards the time rotor on the console, watching as it propelled them through the vortex to their destination. "I can sleep later, I have a flat in London I can stay in to rest up." She said as an afterthought to his earlier question, her eyes looking back up at him once more. "And yes, I like spending time with you. Your... Your brilliant in your own way. I personally don't see the point in a sonic hammer but..." She added, smiling teasingly at him.

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:52 am

The Interfector tilted his head curiously, pondering the thought of hamburgers and chips.  "I am up for trying anything.  I have never tried chips nor hamburgers in my previous incarnation.  In fact, I barely tried anything.  I wonder if I have magnificent taste buds or not."  His grin was delighted as his TARDIS hummed to indicate they have arrived.  He snatched Sonya's hand and dragged her after him as she exited the time machine at a fast pace, suddenly excited to cram his mouth full of greasy, inexpensive human food.  

He cast a look over his shoulder at Sonya and even went so far as to stick his tongue out at her, "Oi, I will not have you insult my masterpiece.  In fact, you have a lot of thanking to do on its behalf.  It did turn me into this charming figure."  His tone was teasing and manic as he motioned vaguely to his body.  "Speaking of which, I still have not gotten the chance to see it.  Dang, and there was a mirror in the TARDIS!  Aw, look what you made me do.  Distracting, you are."

The Interfector suddenly realized he had no idea where this restaurant was and that was the cause for his sudden stop.  He looked left and right and finally turned his body to face Sonya, "I am lost..."

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:58 am

Sonya pressed her lips together in an attempt to hide her smile as he looked around them then back at her, admitting he had no idea what direction to go. Rolling her eyes skyward, she tugged on his hand gently, leading him in the direction of the restaurant. "It's a few blocks from here, but for once no rain today." She said, glancing up at the bright sky with a happy smile on her face. Home, finally home after an exhausting day. Absolutely wrung out, she sucked in a deep lungful of fresh air and closed her eyes momentarily, enjoying the feeling wrapping around herself as she strode along the sidewalk.

Turning a corner up ahead, she spotted the familiar sign and picked up her pace, her mouth already watering at the thought of greasy, salty chips and even greaser burgers to fill her grumbling stomach. Ducking through the open door, she breathed in the scent of oil and salt as it drifted over the two of them while she led him to her favorite table near the back. Sliding into the booth, she looked up at Interfect with a smile. "Well, sit down, plenty of room here you know." She said with a grin, practically bouncing on the booth cushion as she anxiously waited to order some food.

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 am

The Interfector pursed his lips and sniffed the air.  Some people threw anxious stares at him for the odd behaviour but he paid no mind to them.  He slipped into the booth and looked across the table at Sonya with a raised eyebrow, "Sorry to say but it smells like death in here.  Artery clogging, heart stopping, most likely delicious, death."  He flicked his right arm up and started fiddling with the device on his wrist, tongue poking out in concentration as he typed with the touch screen keyboard.  "No wonder the statistics for heart attacks are high."  He observed before stopping. He slowly looked back up and scratched the back of his head, "Sorry, that is probably not the thing to talk about."

He rubbed his face with both hands before leaning on the table with his arms crossed.  The Time Lord looked at Sonya for a while before saying with a small grin, "So I guess we can cross Delirium off the list now, yes?  I do not know about you but I am not about to add it to my top ten vacation hot spots."

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:19 am

"I would rather spend a weekend on Clom than go there again." Sonya replied wryly, her eyes shining with amusement. Her attention was caught by a waittress walking up and asking for their orders. "Two orders of burgers and chips please. Extra crispy, and..." She glanced thoughtfully over at Interfect then back at the waitress with a polite smile. "Two cokes, ice and lots of it." She said cheerfully, wanting to her to get he hell out of there so she could continue with their conversation.

Once she walked away, leaving Sonya and Interfect alone once more, Sonya turned her attention to him with a slight smile on her face. "What do you do in your spare time besides salvaging? You have to have other interests, I learn written languages, practice with my particular version of travelling... Run into others that I know and end up getting into trouble."

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:57 am

The Time Lords face shifted into a frown as he thought about what he did. That was a good thing to ask yourself, what was he interested in? "Well, as you know I salvage and build things. I guess I just research a lot of things, I am not sure if I actually enjoy it or if it is just something I do to occupy myself. I can hack into things though I am rubbish at it without my communicator. Huh, I guess I am not that fun. For the past years I have been looking for Time Lords, but you already knew that. I do not think I did anything else besides that. Rarely slept and ate because of it." The Interfector stroked his chin as he rallied off the things he could think of.

Pursing his lips and tilting his head, he looked at her and inquired, "Can you speak the languages too? I would assume so but I could be wrong. Some annunciations can be unachievable do to the shape of our mouths"

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Sonya thought for a moment then lifted her shoulders in a small shrug. "I know some chinese, German and fluient in French. That's about it, I'm afraid. I write in fifteen different dialects, sixteen if you count Gallifreyan." She said thoughtfully, running over a mental list of languages she did know and looking over at him with a slight shrug. "I spent a lot of years studying languages, I only learned to speak the ones that interested me, but I find it easier to learn the written word than to learn how to speak anyway."

Leaning forward on her elbows, she let out a low sigh, her eyes shining with passion as she spoke about writing. "I beleive that a painter can create a masterpiece with colors that will be admired for generations to come. But a writer is the better artist simply because of using words to invoke the emotions, the colors, the shapes and surroundings in a story. It takes real talent to make someone see the image you have in your head rather than creating it and taking all of the wonder out of the image. You leave just a few places open or bare and their mind fills those spots in, making each picture unique." Sonya said softly, a wide grin on her face as she looked across at Interfect. Her hands cupping her chin as she thought to herself for a moment.

"A painter uses a brush to create beautiful images with ease, while a writer uses a pen to make the same thing. What one would you be more likely to remember, the image shown to you? Or the image that was placed into your head from reading a description?"

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:19 pm

The Interfector looked at Sonya intensely as she spoke. He looked at her eyes, jumping from one to the other. There was a sparkle there that intrigued him. The harder he look the more he saw. It danced and twinkled and finally revealed the fire of passion, the same passion he heard in her voice. It seemed to flare up as soon as she asked for his opinion. Suddenly feeling discomfited he looked down at the table and studied it's detail as if it was very interesting.

"I suppose the art that related to me with accuracy would be the memorable one. Considering the way we read is effected by our experiences.. it would be the writing. It is rare to find a painting or drawing that fits perfectly into our lives and thus into our memory. I remember what I read better than what I see." With a small nod of approval with his answer the Interfector looked back up at Sonya to see if she approved as well.

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Sonya's face split into a wide smile as she reached over and took his hand gently, squeezing it slightly. "Exactly what I think, memories are what you make of them, and if you had to put just a little detail into an image you read, your going to remember that picture forever because of the detail you added to it." Suddenly they were interrupted by two plates being set in front of them, followed by two baskets, brimming with steaming chips. "Oh..." She said, staring down at the food in front of her with pleasure. "Oh would you smell that! Chips, I love chips, brilliant they are." She crowed as the waitress set their cokes down as well and cast a wry grin over at Interfect when she heard Sonya's reaction.

Reaching over, she gingerly plucked a chip from the basket and lifted it to her lips, blowing gently for a moment then popping it into her mouth. Her eyes fluttered closed as she chewed, enjoying the taste completely. "It feels like ages since I've had a decent chip, these are just.. Ohhh you have to try one to understand what I'm feeling right now." She mumbled after swallowing, focusing all of her attention now on the food as she dug in.

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:33 pm

The Interfector frowned at the interruption though he knew it signified the arrival of food. He pulled away from the table and sat straight as the basket and drinks were set in front of them. It did smell good, the smell hit his nose and instantly made his mouth water. Funny how he craved to taste something he never had before. He even grinned at Sonya's enthused reaction. When the waitress grinned, the Interfector narrowed his eyes. He watched her retreating form suspiciously before finally looking back over at Sonya.

Tentatively the Time Lord reached over and picked up a chip of his own. He inspected it, twisting it this way and that as if he could get something out of just staring at it. Finally he took a bite from it and sighed. "Wow... that is.. so good. Ow, and hot. But mostly good." The Interfector smiled as he finished his first chip and quickly moved on to a second.

"Man, I have been missing out. Oh, maybe that is what I can do! Not just travel the stars but go to planets and eat their food. Try a bit of everything so I can declare I am not culturally opaque. Well, I still would be, maybe a little. I do not know what I am saying, I just really like these chips." He huffed out a chuckle and shook his head.

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Sonya laughed brightly at his suggestion, her head shaking already with a grin. "If you did that, you'd be over a thousand pounds. Your poor TARDIS wouldn't be able to lift you off of the ground." She giggled at the thought, her lips pressing together in an attempt to hide the grin that threatened to spread over her face again. "But traveling to other planets is fun... You learn so much about a culture if you actually go and experience it for yourself. You only learn so much from reading or from listening. You have to be there, to do what they do, speak how they speak, for you to truly understand them." Her eyes hazed over as she thought back over the years, remembering all of the planets she had visited with people, friends, some gone, some still around.

"The best place to go is Canto Fiori, they have flowers that sing when the wind blows over them. It's a beautiful place... Colors of every type, some that can't even be found in this section of the universe." Her eyes blinked, suddenly becoming clear once more as she focused them on Interfect again. "Anyway, yes, traveling to other planets is fun, you always meet the most interesting people when you do."

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:05 pm

The Interfector put on a fake pout at Sonya's words and decided it would be fun to toss a chip at her, which he did. "I would not get fat! I work out frequently, thanks. If anything it would add definition." He grinned and continued eating as Sonya reminisced about travelling.

"Yes, I agree. You cannot just read about something and think you know it all. Experiencing it first hand makes for a great education." He would know, that's how he advanced in his inventions and whatnot. He would gather bits and this and that and dissect the piece, memorizing how what works how. The Interfector didn't want to mention the fact he didn't spend time with people if he could help it. He despised other creatures and a part of him still did. Keeping that to himself would benefit him most..

"Why do you like this planet so much? I have never understood why so many Time Lords are attracted to these aliens who look like us but have half our wit and double our emotion. Would they not have problems with making decisions? Ugh, that makes me sound so naive. I do need to get out more."

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:16 pm

"I come here because it is my home, Interfect. I was never raised on Gallifrey." Sonya said quietly, her eyes dropped down to the basket of chips in front of her as she spoke. "Earth is the only home I know. I've spent so many years here, the people are my people. Simple as that." She said with finality. It still caused her pain to talk about her banishment from Gallifrey. She couldn't remember what it looked like save the few images she received from Warden when she met him.

"I don't know about the others, but I come here because it is in all senses my home planet." Sonya finally said, glancing up at him with a weak smile on her lips. Blinking furiously, she forced the tears that had welled up back before they fell down her face and ruined her food. "Enough talk about sad things, talk about other stuff. Like how this chip looks like it has a Siamese twin." She said suddenly, holding up the chip that had a smaller one sticking off of the side.

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:41 pm

Oh, of course, how could he have missed it? He felt very awkward for bringing it up. He himself didn't want to think about this so he cleared his throat and glanced at another table, watching the people converse animatedly. "Sorry.."

At the mention of chips appearing like twins, he looked over with a sceptical eyebrow. A grin spread on his face as he began to shake his head, "How do you even come up with that?"

The Interfector suddenly flung his hand into his hair and rubbed it furiously. When he was done his hair stuck out every which way, making him look a little chaotic. He even started to bounce in his seat and started tugging at his jacket, realizing he didn't change when he had the chance. The clothes were damp and probably in rough shape. He felt hot, too hot, and grabbed the collar of the jacket and began to fan himself.

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Sonya burst out laughing after watching him fidget in his seat. "you look like you've been bitten by a Narku. One of those bugs that have this poision that messes with your muscles, making you jolt around like your dacing." She giggled loudly, her earlier sadness vanishing as she watched him again. "If you want to change and all that, don't let me stop you..." She added, her smile slipping a little. Ah well, it was for the best he didn't stick around too much longer. She might get too used to his company and start thinking he wouldn't leave. She knew better than that. Waving a hand over her head, she got their waitress's attention and asked for a carry-out box for their food. "Come on then, square away the bill and get moving once more. Life of a Time Lord, never in one place for too long." She said with a bright smile forced onto her face.

Reaching the register, she shuffled in her pocket for a crumpled wad of bills and waited for them to ring up the order before handing over a couple of them. "Let her keep the change." She added softly, nodding over at the waitress before leading the way out of the restaurant and into the bright sunlight once more.

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 pm

The Interfector smiled in a goofy fashion at Sonya but it fell as soon as hers did. He remained silent as he followed her to the register and then out the door. After a while of just walking quietly he moved closer and slung his arm around her shoulder as they proceeded down the street. There was an air of nonchalance about him and he looked at Sonya with a small smile. "Thanks for the grub. I am not sure where to head now, I will probably end up drifting around space while I sleep anyway. You know, rejuvenate and all that. But, if you are interested, I could give you a basic communicator. It links you to the TARDIS and my wrist device and all that. It was the prototype I made but it wasn't compatible with a computer hard drive and memory system and all that fun stuff. So it is basically just an interesting looking cell phone."

Using his free hand the Interfector rubbed the back of his head and tilted his sun towards the single, blazing sun. The sky felt empty without a second but he shrugged the feeling away. "If you need a partner to go to Clom with you then at least I will be reachable." The Time Lord chuckled as he attempted to poke fun at her.

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Sonya nodded shyly, looking up at him, trying to think of what to say "Though, knowing our luck, we'd end up in another maze like that last one." She chuckled, nudging him in the side with her elbow before coming to a stop beside his TARDIS, gazing up at it with pained acceptance. "I wouldn't mind being able to get a hold of ya. Maybe next time I end up off world I'll give you a ring instead." She added, raising an eyebrow as she turned to face him, her hands tucked into her pockets. "Just. Take care of yourself, yeah? I don't want to call and find out you regenerated again." She added sternly, pulling a hand out so she could point a threatening finger at him.

Suddenly, she wrapped him into a tight hug, her cheek resting on his chest where she could hear the double beat of his hearts for a moment then let go just as suddenly. "Thanks... For everything today. Well, not everything, sort of everything. But you know what I mean."

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:46 pm

The Interfector laughed heartily and he removed his arm from her shoulder so he could pretend he was writing something down on a pad of paper, "Sonic plus water equals bad. There we are, that should do it. I will be safe from regeneration now."

When Sonya hugged him he had no time to react since it was over before he could return the gesture. He looked at her with his jaw slightly unhinged before he turned toward his TARDIS, back to her, and then to his TARDIS again. "Right, the communicator. I will go grab that. One second." He pushed his way through the door and up the metallic stairs. Where did he put that damn thing? Probably in one of his storage rooms. He strode down the corridor at the back and opened the first room to the left. It was stuffed full with mechanical crap and he had to dig his way through it. He was grumbling with irritation as he picked his way through this and that. He finally found what he was looking for and gave a little victory cry.

The Interfector quickly sprang out of his TARDIS and waved the communicator enthusiastically in the air, "Ta-da! Here it is. It has not been used in a long time... " He fiddled with the rustic looking device until a faint white light blipped on the screen. "I hope you change that." He added while handing the device to her, beaming.

The thought of the 'maze' in Delirium wound its way into his thoughts. He felt a sense of unfairness as he thought about the drug's effect on him and how weird and twisted things had turned out. Who would have thought this is who he would become? But that wasn't what he was thinking about, not really. He was thinking about the kiss his previous incarnation claimed for himself, even though it was forced and caused a painful kick to the groin. Why did he get to have a kiss when the new him didn't? Seriously? Am I jealous of myself? It was bizarre and curious but very true. Though he was not about to kiss her despite how much he wanted to. No, he couldn't.

The Interfector found himself hovering over Sonya, his thoughts made obvious to her. He released a ragged breath and patted her shoulder. He murmured softly, "See you later." then retreated into his TARDIS.

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Sonya studied the communicator for a moment before latching it to her qrm and lookin gup, a slight jolt of surprise at how close he was to her. Blinking rapedly, she struggled to focus on what she w as about to say. "Um um... ah..." She sighed, watching as he walked back into his TARDIS and prepared to leave. "Wait!" She called, ducking inside after him before the door shut completely.

"Wait, just one more thing." She said quickly, stopping in front of him, a nervous blush spread across her cheeks as she looked up at him. "Just wanted to.." biting on her lower lip, she cut herself off. Staring up at him, a slight smile crossed her face. "Be safe." Sonya whispered solftly, leaning up and brushing her lips on his lightly across his quickly, then turning around and rushing out of the doors before he saw her face turn fire engine red.

Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:38 pm

The Interfector turned around and was surprised to see Sonya had followed him in. He tilted his head curiously and blinked as she stepped closer. The only thing that prevented him from scrambling away due to his nerves was the crimson colour spreading across Sonya's face. It was reassuring to know he wasn't the only one with his tail between his legs. She was biting her lip again which caught his attention in that incorrigible way. The Time Lady was saying something to him, using words, but he could barely concentrate on what they were due to their close proximity. The space between them was shortly tossed aside when Sonya reached up and kissed him. It was quick and light but still managed to set his face on fire. He watched the Time Lady's retreating form as he tentatively placed his finger tips on his lips while a drunken grin plastered itself on his face.

The TARDIS doors swung closed and the Interfector laughed. Well, his past self could stop his taunting boasts that had been swarming his head. Because not only did the new him get a kiss, it was a kiss Sonya gave willingly. Nothing was stolen except maybe his breath. But who needed to breathe when you had a respiratory bypass system?

His shoes clomped on the metal floor of his TARDIS's console room. He reached the keyboard on the navigation panel and punched in coordinates, planning to drift around the planet Kala while he slept. The white TARDIS thrummed and the wind picked up, sending the two of them into the vortex and leaving Sonya behind. For now.

As the Interfector entered the door leading to the corridor that was home to the abundant amount of rooms, he hesitated and leaned back into the chrome console room. His grey eyes narrowed on Rassilon's star that struck as a dominant design in his ship. With a pat-pat to the wall, he asked his TARDIS rhetorically, "I think it is about time we redecorated, would you not agree?" The space-time machine hummed in agreement as her pilot padded to his room, postponing any worries that he had in order to finally catch the much needed sleep.

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   

Back to top Go down

Delirious on Delirium
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Classic's-
Jump to: