Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Mirror Lake I_vote_lcapMirror Lake I_voting_barMirror Lake I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Mirror Lake

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Garrett and Nicole sat on the dock, watching the sun set over the water. He smiled dreamily as he looked over the water, the shades of orange and pink rippling into blue. Nicole looked over at him, a grin plastered to her face. "This perfect. You pickled the best place to take me." She moved over her hand to hold his, both of their faces blushing. He turned his head to look at her and felt like the happiest man alive. It wasn't every day you see your favorite girl this glad. "Only the best for you." He half mumbled, not realizing that he basically just echoed her. Nicole giggled and turned to face him again, only this time, she didn't care for words. Leaning in closer, Garrett was about to go for it - when something brushed against his foot. "What was that?" She frowned at him, crossing her arms as his attention was directed away from the almost-kiss. "Probably just a fish..." He mumbled as he turned back to Nicole, his smile fading a bit. She brushed a piece of hair out of his eyes and leaned in again - this time she was the one to yelp. She wasn't touched though. Her eyes widened as Garrett was dragged into the water. It was so fast, she didn't even see the splash. Just the ripples left behind in the lake. "... Garrett?" She lifted her legs out and got on all fours, trying to see through the waves. A moment later, his head popped up from the water, a dumb smile on his face. "... Garrett?" No answer. "Want some help up...?" She reached out her hand to him, and he reached his out to her. Right as their hands clasped together, he grinned, showing his now razor sharp teeth. Her eyes widened as he yanked her in with him, the two love birds fighting against each other. Nicole struggled out of his grip several times, but that didn't mean he couldn't push her under. Running out of air, she swam up as hard as she could, but eventually, both teenagers were trapped under the waves.

2 weeks later...

Robin grumbled as she scratched yet another thing off her list of human activities. Next up... fishing. Sighing, she figured it couldn't be any worse than what she had tried already. The frown only grew on her face as she put her hands in her pockets - no bus money. "How do people even cope without manipulators?!" She grumbled to herself, already on her way to the fishing pier. Maybe she'd get lucky and 'bump into someone' on the way there, and just maybe, that person might have some loose change in their pocket. That'd be the first good thing to happen to her all day. Wait a minute... where was she again? "Ugh." Robin fell onto her back and closed her eyes, deciding which random direction to take and see if it led to a town somewhere. At least then she could get directions. All she knew was that she was in some random forest in America. That was a horrible trip that she would hopefully never have to take again. Grunting to herself, she hit her forehead with her hand, as if that would get her brain to focus on one thing before it ended up rambling on about elephants or something.

Giving up on that, she stood up, spun in a circle, and headed in whatever direction she just stopped on. After around a mile of walking, 20 million bugs, and a rock thrown at her head by an angry hiker, Robin finally make it to... a beach. She already decided no swimming, so why, of all places, did she have to end up at a beach. Wait! Person! She ran towards them, hoping they had directions to... somewhere. Reaching up, she tapped them on their shoulder, waiting for them to turn around. Frowning, she tried again. They didn't respond. "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
Alyssa
Newb
Newb
Alyssa

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Alyssa was out for a walk one night, when she saw two kids, they were talking and laughing. Having a normal date. She loved to people watch, so she watched the two, smiling at them.
Then suddenly, the boy got pulled under. Alyssa's eyes got wide, watching the scene play out in front of her eyes. Next the boy came up. There was something wrong with him though, something so wrong. Her hair stood on end and she watched as he smiled. She could see the moonlight gleam off his now razor sharp teeth. He pulled the girl under.
Alyssa took off, away from the beach. She was running away as quick as she could, but suddenly the earth was no longer under her feet. She had tripped over a log and hit her head on a rock. Everything went black
*A day later*
Alyssa could hear a voice, gently shaking her to wake. "Hello" the voice said
She tried opening her eyes, and coughed. Oh her head was pounding. "Stay out of the water." She managed to whisper before blanking out again.
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Santore really did like the forests of America. There were almost no forests in the U.K.- they were all chopped down after ages of use of the land. Here it was plentiful, beautiful, and green; the perfect place for a walk. He came upon a lake, but he sadly discovered he had no swim suit, so he just followed the shoreline until he reached a small beach. There was no one there, as far as he could tell. He stood there and watched, glad to see such a wonderful display of clouds on such a nice day. He was contemplating swimming in his shorts when someone tapped his shoulder. He stayed watching the almost perfect scene for a few moments more before turning around.

"Oh, hello," he said. "Fine day, isn't it?" He gave a big smile.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Robin jumped when he turned around, honestly not expecting him to. Well he wasn't dead. That was something. Smiling back, she nodded, "Yeah. I didn't really mean to end up over here, though. I was trying to get back to town, any idea on which way that is?" Her smile faded as she spotted something in the lake behind the man. Fish just aren't that big... and she was pretty sure there were no sharks or anything in this area. "On second thought, I think I'll just stay here..." She frowned as she sat down in the sand and stared out at the part of the lake that was odd. Was odd. Now it was perfectly normal. Not sure whether to be happy from the adventure bound to come or scared from the danger that will follow it, she looked back up at the man and smiled, "Town is very boring compared to this."

((sorry alyssa, you haven't been approved yet...))
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:50 pm

The man nodded. "Yeah, the city is kinda boring when you're at a lake as beautiful as this..." He snickered. "And when the disappearances happened on this edge of the lake, I had to come. I can see why people are drawn here... It's picture perfect."

This girl was interesting, and he wondered just how much she knew.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Robin's smile grew once she heard the word 'disappearances'. Definitely going to be an adventure. "So when you say you had to come, does that mean you're an investigator?" She loved it when human detectives tried to solve alien mysteries, it was always funny. Especially when they go insane. Although if this man was from Torchwood or UNIT or something, that wouldn't be as fun. Well... no, it's an adventure. It'd end up being just as exciting anyway. Maybe even more so if he was willing to take risks. Looking back towards the lake, her smile faded. There it was again. Some kind of fish, it had to be. That was obviously a fin that just came up.... right? She ended up scowling at the shadow under the waves as it faded away, not letting her get a good enough look.
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:15 pm

He raised his eyebrows, looking at the water, his eyes flicking around the surface. He seemed to be seeing something too. "I guess you could say that," he said, giving a smile. "I'm human, if that's what your asking. But what appears to be in the lake is definitely not..." Dismissing the identity subject, he walked to the waters edge. "Whatever's in the lake sees us, that's clear to me. How smart it is I don't know."

He took a strip of chicken out of his lunch pack, not sure whether he packed it for eating or for something like this. He shrugged and tossed it in. The fish/reptile snatched it quickly; he wasn't sure if it was a hand, a fin, jaws, or some claw-like appendage... this sure was looking to be interesting.

He stood up. "Hi, I'm Cale. Mind if you and I take a look around?" He held out a hand.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Robin smiled up at him, taking his hand and standing up. "Robin, and go ahead. It's not my lake." She chuckled moving to walk into the water. Whatever just snatched the food was definitely not human, so that was a good sign. It wasn't just some random maniac out there getting her hopes up. She stopped as her ankles just went under - there it was again. But this time it seemed a bit closer to shore. "Crap... you showed it where we are..." She mumbled, backing out of the water slowly as not to attract the attention of the fish... thing. "Got any more meat?" She asked, seeing what was probably - hopefully - a fin raise up out of the water as the shadow moved towards them.
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:15 pm

"Yeah, got a whole chicken grape salad." He passed the Tupperware container to her. He kicked off his shoes and rolled up his jeans, wading in as well. "What do you think it is? Those fins seemed to have an elbow to me..." He crouched a bit, tossing a grape in. Was it carnivorous, omnivorous, or an animal that just ate anything?

The grape was ignored. Oh, crap, he thought. This is gonna be a scary one.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Robin took another piece of chicken out of the salad and tossed it as far into the lake as she could - which wasn't very far, considering her height and strength. The lake creature did go towards it, but by then, the meat was underwater, so they wouldn't get a good look at it. Frowning, she handed the salad to Cale, "You take a shot, try to either get close to it or very far away. Either way, we benefit somehow." She shrugged as she waited for him to take the food, watching the shadow in the water start to head back to shore slowly.
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Cale grunted and nodded, taking the Tupperware container of chicken salad and going in a bit farther. He took out a sizable piece and threw one right into the clear water in front of him... surely he was crazy, but he like the term daring instead.

The fish/reptile/scaled beast drifted forward, slowing to a stop, coming right into view. He took a good long look at it, fascinated. (You're gonna have to explain it to me, Nat xD) It ate the chicken, took a look at Cale's leg, and snatched his ankle. Cursing openly and loudly, Cale stamped on the scaly appendage with his other foot, thus knocking it off and letting Cale retreat to shore.

"We gotta real beastie on our hands..." he said, making sure he wasn't cut and injected with poison or anything.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:30 pm

((*points out mag's 29 posts* 29!!!!! o_o))

Robin's eyes widened as he dropped the piece of chicken right in front of him. "No, don't do that, what if he-" She was cut short by the sound of Cale's curse as the lake monster went for his ankle. She rolled her eyes, despite the fact she should be worried instead of annoyed. Once he was back to the shore, she frowned at hiim. "No duh, of course it is." She sighed, looking down at his leg and grimacing at the bite mark. "Well that doesn't look too bad, I'm sure it hurts, though..." Back to business. "So, did you get a good look at it? What'd it look like?" ((I'll PM you))
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:46 pm

(( Okay, thanks :3 Also, is 29 posts a big deal?! :U ))

"Yeah, it stings a bit," he said. He looked back at the water, remembering a very good image of it and tucked it away in his mind. "But it was worth it - I got a very great view of the beastie. It had razor sharp teeth and claws and green-blue scales, and evil eyes that looked ready to kill!" He jokingly thrashed his arms and did a weird monster-walk, and laughed at his joke. "Anyways, it was humanoid. As I said -- blue or green scales, sharp claws and teeth, and it looked like it had bad intentions." His face grew dark and he grinned. "But definitely not something that belongs on this planet."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:04 pm

"Yeah, that tends to happen..." Robin muttered, looking out at the shadow as it swam away, or perhaps just under where she couldn't see it. "What should we do with it? We could..." She trailed off, staring wide eyed at the being walking up on the shore. She thought at first it could have been the lake monster, but it wasn't blue or green or even scaly. From what she saw, it was red and furry. No... that's just hair, she noticed as it came up higher to reveal a face. Her heart nearly stopped at the realization. The yellow eyes of the being narrowed as the mouth curved into a smirk. "Oh my god..." She covered her mouth, backing away from the rather small person standing there. "It's me..." She mumbled, heart thudding in her ears.
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:23 am

Cale frowned, walking to the edge of the water again. "No, it's not. It's looking like you to scare you." He took out his fire extinguisher. "Did you ever learn about Greek fire?" he asked, his face molding into something mad and interested into something mad and interested and determined. He held a small box (one that seemed to come out of the folds of his coat), and inside were multiple jars. He mixed some, closed them quickly, and put them all into a large jar. He closed it and shook it up. "Greek fire was a guarded military secret. It was so lost in secrecy, it's recipe is lost forever." He added a grin to his mash-up of emotions on his face. "You can really do things when you time travel."

He threw the jar out, hitting a rock that jutted out by the shape-shifting creature. It burst into flames, and the fire scattered around on the surface of the water, unaffected. "Greek fire burns on chemicals that are less dense than water," Cale explained. "It'll spread and grow. They used it to burn ships." The fire surrounded the creature, and then the flames hid it from view. Cale cursed silently and went on his tippy-toes, trying to see.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Robin let her hand fall away from her face, her arms shaking. That was her. Okay, not her, but a perfect duplicate. And it was being burned. The creature let out an inhuman shriek, recoiling back under the water. A few seconds later, a shadow was seen retreating from the shore past the flames, no longer small enough to be mimicking Robin. I just watched myself almost die... Shaking her head, she cleared the thought away as best as she could - finding it hard to forget seeing that. "We've got to find that thing and get rid of it..." She mumbled, a frown settling on her face. "Wait, why did it mimick me? You're the one it bit." Looking over to Cale, she raised an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Cale looked troubled. "I don't know," he said. "I know just about as much as you do here." He rubbed his temples, thinking. It copied Robin, but not me. Why? What is this creature's intentions? It seems it's more than just preying on unsuspecting people for food... He sighed, taking a bite of his chicken salad. He sprayed out the fire with his special extinguisher, and his face looked grave.

"Robin, this may not be as fun as you - we - thought." He turned and looked her in the eye. "We have to go in the water to solve this."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:50 pm

"Of course we do..." Robin sighed, watching as the shadow sunk under the waves once more. "Well unless you happen to have a scuba suit or something, we aren't going to get very far." She crossed her arms, looking out at the lake as it appeared to be perfectly ordinary. "For all we know, there might be more of them. Are you sure you want to?" She turned to him, becoming more annoyed at this creature than scared. It copied her, her complete image, and that was closer than she wanted anything to be to her. She'd already been taking a chance with hanging out with Sonya, and only because she knew Sonya had enough secrets of her own to protect. This creature was taking it too far. Snapping out of her own thoughts, she looked up at Cale again, "So, equipment."
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:46 pm

"Scuba equipment, you say?" Cale grinned, opening his coat a bit, and two full suits of scuba gear pour out of the wrinkles and folds of his coat. "Well, there you go. A coat that is bigger on the inside. Great, eh?" He picked one up, looked at it's size, and tossed it to Robin. He picked the other one up. "Let's get changed, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:14 pm

A sudden yell sounded over the water, followed by a Sonya being drug by a bungee cord attached to a Jet Ski. "I attached the key to my wrist so if I fell off, it would come out, but it's stuuuuuuuck!" She cried as she passed by Robin and Cale, the Jet Ski turned suddenly and continued to carry her out across the water and out of their view. "Helllllppp!"

After a few moments more of yelling and roaring water, a loud 'thunk' could be heard. "OW.... I'm ok!" Sonya called, then her voice faded out again only to be followed by the sound of a TARDIS demateralizing.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Robin nodded, taking the suit and looking at it for a moment. "Big enough to put over my clothes." She slipped it on and picked up a mask. She frowned,,"Hold on, what'd you say? Bigger on the inside coat?" She laughed and shook her head, deciding that wasn't what she needed to focus on right now. "Got any air tanks? Doubtful that it would fit in your coat, but then again, you did have all this." She shrugged, looking back at the water to see the shadow appear again. "Hurry, it's coming back up, it's be our best chance to catch -" She was cut short by the sound of Sonya's yelling. "...Well that was unexpected..."

((xD))
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 am

Cale nodded and opened his jacket. He waited a bit, then frowned. He shook his arm a bit and suddenly his whole left side was weighed down. He shook his arm some more and two air tanks fell out of the coat. "Geez, I forgot those things were so heavy." He picked one up and walked behind a tree to change. Then he called, "Ready when you are," (so he doesn't walk in on ya or anything) and thought about what he saw while he waited.

(( yeah just ignore Sonya's outbursts xD ))
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:11 am

Robin waited patiently while Cale was getting changed, finding this situation a bit awkward. Thank God her suit was big enough to just go on over her clothes. Once she heard him shouting, she yelled back in reply, "Come on out then, we've got to get moving!" Turning around, she waited for him to walk over with the air tanks, deciding for once to be polite and not snatch it right out of his hand. While she was distracted, the creature was busying itself with spying on the humans, much as they were spying on it. Its head slipped under the surface once more as it swam slowly closer to the shore.
Back to top Go down
The Magician
Beginner
Beginner
The Magician

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Cale stomps out, having an awkward walk due to the flippers, as he dragged the two heavy air tanks over. "We need a way to bypass the creature. But, of course, all of it's attention is on us, so no doubt if we pass it somehow it'll follow... so we need to knock it out. Any ideas?" he said, looking at Robin. "C'mon, use that pretty head of yours - surely there's something we can do. I'm all outta ideas by now." He pat his coat. "I'll have everything you need... probably."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:33 pm

"Probably," Robin chuckled, thinking on what they could use to knock it out. "Well gassing it is out, since it's underwater. We could inject it with something, not to knowledgeable about chemicals, though. Got anything like that?" She thought outloud, keeping her eyes trained on the water to watch for the creatures movements. It seemed to be toying with them, staying in one spot, randomly coming up for a second, not enough for a good look, but enough to frustrate her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirror Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Lake   Mirror Lake I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirror Lake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next