The Princess of Bekhten

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

The Princess of Bekhten Empty
PostSubject: The Princess of Bekhten   The Princess of Bekhten I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:39 pm

(A closed roleplay for me, Mal, Jenny, and Xeltia
farao Egypt yay)

In the wasteland that was the Sahara Desert, it was windy. Wind was always there, blowing sand and dust around, shaping the land and making sand dunes.

Today was no different, for even in 1503 BC, the wind blew. However, in the midst of the wind some of the sand moved...differently. Instead of the wind taking it wherever, a small circle of sand was forming, spinning in a circle. As the seconds passed, the small circling of sand became more pronounced. And a few seconds more, something started to appear out of thin air.

It was white-washed and wooden, standing tall with the sunlight behind it. As it slowly faded into view, a wheezing sound emanated from it, not to be heard by a single soul except for the occupant of the box.

Finally, the box had faded entirely into view and the sand of the desert was not just blowing through the faint image of the box like it wasn't there. It sat in the sand, and if anyone was watching, they would have seen it sink a few inches in.

The doors swung open. A man came out from inside, dressed in the attire of a normal Egyptian artisan. He wore only white pants and a small gold neckpiece, with a design of a bowtie on it if you caught it in the right light. There was some black eyeshadow under his eyes, making him look even more Egyptian. He bounced out, looking around excitedly.

"Ahh, Egypt! Ancient Egypt! Never been here before, though I've heard it is interesting" his feet sank into the hot sand as he talked, and the man lifted his feet out, brushing them off "a little sandy, though. And hot. Rassilon, I'm glad I decided to dress up for once. Tweed and a bowtie would have been deadly in this heat, not to mention I'd never get to help with those hieroglyphs"

He began to walk in what seemed like a random direction, grinning dorkily the whole way, pausing every now and then to wipe some sweat from his brow. Yes, it certainly was hot, if he could feel it. Timelords had a higher tolerance for extreme temperatures than humans did. He'd hate to see how the Egyptian people would be faring, once he reached Memphis.

Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: The Princess of Bekhten   The Princess of Bekhten I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 pm

The Interfector was perched beside the console, slouched at an odd angel so he could work on the wirings about his head.  It was tricky from this position but laying on the ground wouldn't be a smart idea.  Not when he left a hole there to work on a power project he had abandoned for the time being.  Long story, really.  His tongue poked out as he fiddled around with this and that. All was silent except for the soft hum of the TARDIS through their mental connection.  Suddenly, his TARDIS began to ring causing him to jerk up and smack his head on the console.  "Ow! What?  What?"  The Interfector picked himself up and moved towards the screen.  It wasn't the cloister bells so he knew he was safe from trouble.  Pulling the screen closer and scanning the data he realized he had picked up another TARDIS's signal.  Magnificent!  It could only be the Doctor's which meant Sonya could be there.  It had been a while since he ran into her.

Tossing aside the tools he was using, the Interfector fixed up his messed hair into a faux hawk and started walking down the path towards the front doors.  "You are the one who picked it up, take me to its location, my dear."  The voice control took in its commanders words before hurling itself through the vortex.  It was already drifting so getting to the proper destination was quick and easy.

The sand in the desert started to spin in a similar way it did with Theta's arrival though there was no give-away sound to the Interfector's presence.  The ship was as silent as a predator stalking prey as the white, cylindrical TARDIS materialized beside the other.  The Interfector straightened out his pink tie and patted down his grey suit before stepping out the doors which slid open and then closed behind him.

The Interfector looked at the TARDIS and shock was suddenly displayed on his face.  What the hell was that?  What was he looking at?  This wasn't the blue police box he was use to seeing.  And he knew for a fact the Doctor nor Sonya repaired the Chameleon Circuit, that thing was too far gone.  Pushing up the sleeve of his wrist the Interfector scanned the TARDIS, which was now in front of him, with the device strapped to him.  He shifted through the information until he realized this wasn't the Doctor's at all.  But that meant... that meant...

"There are more out there..."  The Interfector swivelled this way and that as if that would help him locate the owner of the TARDIS.  He finally looked down in the sand to see the barely visible foot tracks.  The soft wind had covered most of it but years of tracking people has made him a very observant person.  Hesitating no more, the Interfector started to follow these prints at a quick pace all the while ignoring the assaulting rays of the sun.

Beginner
Jenny

PostSubject: Re: The Princess of Bekhten   The Princess of Bekhten I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Jenny reached in her pocket and grabbed out a mirror and looked at her self in it (Yes because I can :3) she put away the mirror and entered some co-ordinates on her Vortex Manipulator,"Better not mess up this time..." She was gone in a flash and reappeared in Ancient Egypt,"Grr....Stupid thing...." She was dressed in a toga with sandals a thing around her head like a head band but it wasn't and a necklace she looked around,"Ancient Egypt great..." She frowned looking at the Two TARDISes,"Umm...Hi?" She waved abit looking around she moved her feet sideways trying to move away from them because she was in Egypt wearing a Toga from Greek...
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Princess of Bekhten   The Princess of Bekhten I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Memphis wasn't a famous Egyptian city for nothing. To Theta, it had to be one of the most beautiful Earth cities he'd ever seen, aside from some like Athens or Paris.

The Timelord stood just inside the entrance of the city, looking around. To the West was the Nile River, gently flowing with a few boats floating on top, proabably for fishing or trade. With the water source nearby, came greenery. Grass somehow found a way to poke up out of the sand, overtaking the tan more and more as it got closer to the riverbank, till right next to the Nile where it was a lush green.

The city was bustling. Egyptians, in much the same attire Theta was in, hurried about their business. Some carried large reed baskets atop their heads, filled to the brim with goods. Some were in the Northern fields, tending to their crop. And some just socialized, walking with friends or family along the stone path and conversing about various things.

At the very end of the city stood the palace, stone statues of Pharaohs past guarding the entrance with, well, stony eyes. Few people came of went from the palace, though the ones that did were either slaves or people bringing gifts to the Pharaoh.

The one thing Theta didn't see? People working on the obelisk in the middle of the town. As he walked in and towards it, it became apparent that it was already finished. He pouted.

"Aww, I wanted to help with that" looking away from the obelisk that he now stood near, Theta smiled, appreciating the beauty of the city. At least that would give him more time to explore around, and most likely get into some danger. He hadn't really worn the proper clothes for running (he wasn't even wearing shoes) but whatever, it'd work out. It always did, either by him or someone else being clever or pure dumb luck.

Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: The Princess of Bekhten   The Princess of Bekhten I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:38 pm

The Interfector kept walking at his brisk pace, dabbing his forehead every so often to clear it of sweat. He growled and cussed the heat before looking up, checking to see his progress and hoping he was close enough to spot the one he was tracking. Unfortunately, he did not see a Time Lord. Fortunately, there was a civilization looming just ahead. Forgetting the tracks below, he focussed on making it to the town. The Interfector had no idea where he was, he wasn't too educated when it came to earth. The things he did know it was in the twentieth century era. Oh well, whoever had travelled here was probably headed to that place.

The Time Lord neared Memphis and immediately started getting odd looks. Well given what they were dressed in, he didn't blame them. Now that he thought about it he didn't bother checking how far into Earth's past he was. These people appeared primitive so it wasn't like he could check. If he pulled up his sleeve to reveal his alien tech on his wrist, they would probably go bonkers and through him into their pit of sacrifice. He didn't have to know humans to know the majority of primitive races worshipped in that manner.

The Interfector started to do what he normally did when 'tracking his prey'. He leaned in to people who were close enough and inhaled deeply. Picking out the scent of a Time Lord was simple considering he was raised surrounded by them. The intensity of his eyes frightened the majority of the people away from him, it was hardly his fault that was the look he got during a hunt. Shifting around this way and that he finally picked up the trace and followed it. Silver eyes roamed, trying to pick out anyone out of the ordinary, anyone odd from the rest of these apes.

And there he was. Well, he didn't look odd but he wreaked of Time. The Interfector approached the pillar and toward the man dressed in the same attire as everyone else. He hovered behind him, suddenly unsure so quickly did a mental probe. A smile spread across his face and he cleared his throat, saying as cheerfully as he could, "That was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Hello there. Interesting TARDIS you have. The model really is the only thing that concreted my belief that I would not find the Doctor here. And here you are, the second piece of evidence and the most important."

Student
Xeltia Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Princess of Bekhten   The Princess of Bekhten I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:45 pm

(Xeltia is 24 in this.)

Xeltia rushed through the crowds in Memphis, cursing at the Vortex Manipulator on her wrist loudly. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" She growled, punching in random coordinates. "Why did you have to break now?!" She groaned in frustration, ignoring the looks she got.
Xeltia has been stuck in Memphis for three days now, wearing her usual thick black coat, black vest, dark blue shirt, and checkered tie.

Her brown hair wasn't even up in a ponytail either!

Slightly panting from the heat, she hit the Vortex Manipulator angrily, yelling out one last curse for emphasis.
Looking down at her black boots, she didn't notice the two men in front of her, which resulted in her crashing into them.
"Of course." She scowled, glaring at them. "I run into Mr. Freak," She glanced at Theta, "And Mr. Timelord!" She huffed, shoving them out of the way. "Stupid Doctor. If you just took me with you, I wouldn't be here right now." She said, messing with the Vortex Manipulator again.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: The Princess of Bekhten   The Princess of Bekhten I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:58 pm

"Erm..." Theta looked after Xeltia in confusion, then back to the Interfector, then over to Xeltia again. He frowned, looking back to the Interfector, since he was closer and obviously less irritated than the girl had been.

"First of all...isn't it hot in that suit?" he glanced down at the heavy fabric in distaste, thinking it would have looked alright if it weren't about a hundred degrees at the moment. Theta looked back up, an inquisitive look in his eyes "And secondly, who in Rassilon's name are you? Wait, wait, lemme guess. The Doctor? Nah...you don't look eccentric enough. So then another Timelord. Hey I've never seen you before! Otherwise it could just be another regeneration..." Theta started to pace halfway through his self-debate, thinking with his hand on his chin. He turned to the Interfector once he was done "you know, why don't you explain, much quicker and easier than guessing"

Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: The Princess of Bekhten   The Princess of Bekhten I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:45 pm

The Interfector grunted in irritation at being ran into. He was just about to ignore Xeltia until she identified him as a Time Lord. But then that would make her... Inhaling deeply he realized she was a Time Lady. Magnificent, just look at his luck! Well he would have to catch up with her later since the male Time Lord was currently acknowledging him. He watched with some amusement as Theta began to pace and he tilted his head. "I am not the Doctor, sir. I am th-" The Time Lord paused, reconsidering then shrugging and decided to go with his Earth name, "I'm Victor. And you?" His actual name usually came with a bitter taste as he found out from the Doctor. It suddenly hit him who this Time Lord must be. Was this Theta, the one Sonya mentioned to him on two occasions? His eyes narrowed a little as he waited for the other to introduce himself.

He took a quick look over to Xeltia and commented quickly, "No, no, no, code 4xF2 for that model, girl. Type it in. 4xF2. Have you not worked it before? If that does not work then you will have to completely replace the coordinates panel."

PostSubject: Re: The Princess of Bekhten   The Princess of Bekhten I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Princess of Bekhten
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: