Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... Empty
PostSubject: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:29 pm

((For Warden, myself, Coco, and Xeltia))

Mal was cashing out for the evening, counting all the profits of the day's shift in the Corner Café.  She sighed and closed up the register before gathering her things from the back and exiting the shop.  Locking the front door she deposited the key in her back pocket of the tan coloured khakis before walking down the dimly lit streets of London.  

Few people were out at this time.  The sun had already sunk behind the buildings and cast a faint orange glow through the cracks.  The street lamps made a feeble attempt to light Mal's path as she made her way home.  She was happy her shift was over.  Happy about that and the fact it wasn't raining.  Actually, there wasn't a single cloud in the darkened sky.  

Though she past by several alleyways, one in particular made her stop.  There was a faint, green glow emanating from it.  In her past Mal would have never noticed something like this.  Even if she did the chances of her running from it were extremely high and very probable.  If you bet you money she would run you'd be a rich man. But now after travelling with the Doctor and seeing things she never wanted to admit were real, the brown-haired girl was drawn to it.  It was like a need just to see what it is.  One little peak.

The anxious girl looked left and then right to make sure no one was paying attention. Then she slowly, oh so slowly, walked into the alley.  Her body began to quiver with nervous anticipation.  She started to worry about the possible ways this could lead to a painful death or any sort of death or multiple injuries for that matter.  That caused her to freeze behind one of the garbage cans.  The green glow was strongest on the opposite side of the bin. That meant whatever was creating the light was there.  Wow, great observation, Mal. Oh god, here went nothing.

With her heart racing Mal leaned over and peered in a painfully cautious matter at the thing.  The thing was just a silver sphere with green lines around it.  It was blinding and forced Mal to squint in order to ger a good look.  Oh man, what was that thing?  It was about the size of quidditch ball.  Actually, it looked exactly like a quidditch ball except it was metal and glowing. Was she always going to repeat the obvious?  That tended to happen when she got too nervous.

Mal considered just retreating after that.  She fed her curiosity, she forced herself to be brave enough to just take a look.  And now she'd leave and make this someone else's problem.  Except that didn't happen. Not at all. Actually, much to her despair and surprise, she was reaching out a hand to this odd ball.  It was like she was drawn to it, she needed to touch it.

That was never a good sign, was it?  Feeling the need to touch something mysterious and unknown.  It normally led to something horrible, something painful, even.  Oh no! And she was just going to touch it?  She would have never done something like this.  Not in a million years! In her head, the petite girl was cussing the Doctor's name. It all started with Troy. But that was a different tale for another day.  Her hand got closer, and closer, and tantalizingly close, until finally she touched it and... and...!

Nothing.  Absolutely nothing happened.  That wasn't right. It threw Mal off guard and instantly transformed her intense nerves to immense confusion.  No, no, this wasn't suppose to happen.  Wasn't there suppose to be an explosion o-or something?  Mal blinked several times before picking up the sphere and inspecting it.  Weird. She had no idea what to make of it.

Shrugging and deciding she could show the Doctor whenever he turned up, Mal put the ball into her bag and exited the alley, once again on the track to go home.

Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Arthur leant against the door to the old apartment building, breathing smoke from his cigarette into the polluted air of London. His ever present coat was wrapped around him and as usual he looked like he had just got out of bed. His hair was scraggly and all over the place while his chin jaw was coated in untrimmed, uneven stubble. His eyes narrowed as he spotted a small figure approaching. He recognised her as another resident of the apartments. Mal something. There was a bottle of scotch tucked in his pocket which he removed and took a swig from then. Then he pressed the cigarette back into his mouth to inhale again.

Nate:
'His methods aren't the most orthodox but he gets results' - Sophie Smith
'You do know your cat probably has more sanity than you do' - Robin Terrell
Back to top Go down
Xeltia Sigma
Student
Student
Xeltia Sigma

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Xeltia sat in Mal's kitchen, having a staring contest with the stray black cat she found on the way to Mal's flat. "So, kitty," she started, raising an eyebrow. "What is your name?" She asked, the cat lying down.
"Meow." He answered.
"Alright, nice to meet you, Lilo, I'm Xeltia." She said, sitting up. Picking it up, she smiled softly down at him, the cat snuggling into the warmth of her jacket. "Aw, you must be hungry." She stood up, slowly walking to the fridge. Placing the cat on the counter, she opened the door to the fridge, taking out a milk jug.
She took out a small metal bowl from her coat pocket, pouring the milk into it and putting the jug back.
Closing the door, she carefully put the bowl in front of the cat, petting him.
"Here you go." She muttered, her smile growing. The cat quickly lapped the milk, purring.
"You are absolutely adorable..." She said, biting her lip to prevent squealing.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Mal walked down the street, looking around at the shadows and such before she sighed. Finally the apartments came into view. That took long enough. She picked up the pace but then slowed down again when she noticed a figure leaning against the door. Before her brain could tell her it was probably another attacker she recognized the guy's form. It was that Arthur dude. Taking the last few steps closer, Mal stopped in front of him and offered a small smile, "Hi, how are ya? Interestin' night, ain't it?" Her hazel eyes roamed the run down building before she looked behind her. It was a shame the Doctor wasn't around now. He was always excited to see alien technology, at least from what she could tell.

Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Arthur paused, mentally examining her question. "In a way," he said, "I guess it does have a certain... appeal to it." He dropped the cigarette and stamped it out. He examined her face with his eyes. "There's something on your mind..." he said his eyes narrowing, "Why is this night interesting to you? What are you thinking about?" The way he asked made it sound more like he was posing rhetorical questions to himself, trying to figure it out himself. Despite this though he expected an answer.

Nate:
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Mal turned her gaze away and stared off into the dark streets as she answered, eyes wide, "Well... found something weird though it doesn't do anything. Not that I can tell anyway. But you know some things about.. things, right? Come up to my flat and I'll show you what I got." She moved around Arthur, somehow managing to wiggle around him so she could open the door. Mal walked down the hall, her room being on the main level, and unlocked the door. She opened it up and walked inside her kitchen, expecting Arthur to follow and froze at what she saw.

"X-xeltia? Oh god, not again. Why is there a cat in my house? How did you even get in here? It's called calling and knocking! Jesus, girl..." Mal nervously moved round to her kitchen table so she could set it gently there. Her hands moved up to the zipper though she didn't undo it, her eyes were still trained on Xel.

Student
Xeltia Sigma

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Xeltia smiled at her childishly, giggling. "His name's Lilo! And he likes your house." She said, watching the cat lap up the milk, her right hand spazzing. "Hey! Stop it!" She told her hand, glaring. "If I'm not spazzing out, you're not spazzing out." Her hand slapped her, causing her to squeak. "'Ey! I don't care if he's cute, you're not spazzing!" Her hand was about to slap her again, but she grabbed it's wrist with her other hand, pouting. "I know you hate me, but we're not spazzing."
Turning to Mal, Xeltia grinned, still holding her wrist. "So, how are you, my precious?" She asked, before frowning. "Sorry, I've been watching the Lord of the Rings recently..." She apologized, then went back to grinning. "How are you, Mal?"
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Arthur followed Mal into her apartment and acknowledged Xeltia with a salute. He didn't seem surprised to see her but then he never really seemed surprised at anything. There was the faint smell of smoke as he entered the room from his cigarette outside. Arthur's hand absentmindedly rested on the cat's back stroking softly for a moment before stopping himself. He scowled as he pulled away. He hadn't said anything yet, he didn't feel the need to comment on Mal's discovery until he actually saw it and he had no idea who this Xeltia was. He liked the cat though.

Nate:
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Mal gave Xeltia an odd look as she fought with her own hand. "Uh... good, I think. We aren't suppose to have pets in the apartments, man. I'm going to get in trouble. Why'd you come here anyway? Why do you lot always show up without notice and cause trouble? It's tiring, you know." She rubbed her face and sighed heavily before turning back to her back and opening it up. "What ever... here's the thing I wanted to show you, Arthur." Mal pulled out the quidditch ball like device, the green glow seemed to brighten up the kitchen considerably. "Here it is. So what do you make of it? Any idea?" She played around with it in her hand but was prepared to put her body between either of the two if they tried to take it from her.

Student
Xeltia Sigma

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Xeltia shoulders slumped at Mal's comment, a hurt look on her face. Turning back to the cat, she pet him, grumbling about how everyone seemed to have a need to hurt her feelings. "Even my stupid brother does it..." She mumbled, scratching under the cat's chin.
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Arthur reached out to take the ball from Mal but stopped himself. Partly he could see she was going to be protective of it from the look on her face and partly he wasn't sure why he wanted to hold it. "Well it's not from Earth," he started, "the metal isn't one of the elements of your periodic table here. And the energy source coursing through it, that's definitely not human in design, far too efficient. If there's one thing the human race isn't, that's efficient. Can't be certain but I'd guess it's from one of the southern quadrants of the Neo-sulphuric galaxy in the Hadronne sector. Roughly." The urge to hold it came again and again he fought it off. "It seems to emit some kind of pheromone that triggers obsession or desire for the device...."

Nate:
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Mal looked at Xeltia and felt bad instantly. Sighing, she said, "Look, Xe... I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry. I just don't see you for weeks, even months, and suddenly you show up. It's a bit startling, could give me a heart attack. I didn't mean to be rude about it. Sorry."

Mal's eyes snapped over to Arthur's hand and she took a small step back. She was relieved he didn't take it and listened to his thoughts on what it was. "How d'you know what kind o' metal it is by just the looks? Well, I guess I knew it was alien... but how'd you know where it came from? Man, all you people and your extra terrestrial knowledge, I tell ya. Okay, and why would the aliens who made this thing want someone to want it? That don't make sense to me."

Student
Xeltia Sigma

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Xeltia sighed, nodding. "It's alright, I tend to do that to people."
Staring at the small sphere, she raised a brow. "Odd. I don't know anything about this." Xeltia looked up at Mal. "Mal, you might want to put that down. If you hold that for too long, I think you'll want to kill people if they touch it. Trust me, Violet found a strange device once, she attacked me for just poking it. With a stick." Her gaze slowly went to the floor, a sad look on her face. "I miss her..." For a few seconds, it looked as if she was going to break down crying, but instead, she just went back to petting the cat, talking softly to it.
"You're not going to leave me too, right Lilo?"
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:00 am

"It's a very distinctive metal," Arthur murmured in response. He stood still and silent as he listened to the rest of Mal's questions. In truth he was thinking about a drink rather than paying much attention. "Shock as it is, I don't have all the answers Mal, I don't know what purpose it serves, but I agree with Xeltia, you need to put it down. Emotional attachment on its own is a weakness, imagine how bad this ball could turn out for you..."

Nate:
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Mal looked at Xeltia and fear was suddenly displayed in her eyes. Seriously? She'd want to kill people. Well she did feel possessive of the thing but she wouldn't just kill someone for touching this thing. She watched Xel pet the cat for a bit before turning her head to look at Arthur. "Y-yeah, you guys are probably right. I-I'll just... just put it down."

The anxiety ridden girl turned with the ball at hand. She was about to place it back in her backpack when the green light flashed at an intenser level before going out completely. Completely baffled and startled, Mal dropped the metal ball on the table with a shriek and leaped back. She turned to face the others just in time, if they were paying attention, to see the green light in her eyes before it vanished. Mal just stood there, gaping and looking completely normal. Scared, but normal.

"Wha- what the hell was that?"

Student
Xeltia Sigma

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:57 pm

"EXPLOSIONS!" Xeltia called out excitedly, jumping up and down. "Oh, wait..." She stopped, frowning thoughtfully. "Maybe it malfunctioned, or maybe-" She ran over to Mal, turning her in circles, then looking her over. "Maybe it brainwashed you!" She gasped, smiling. "YAY! I HAVEN'T BEEN IN THIS SITUATION SINCE-" She stopped again, a disappointed look on her face. "Ever, really..." She giggled, grinning madly. "Who cares?! THIS IS AWESOME!"
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:58 pm

"Some sort of feedback," Arthur suggested as he stepped closer to Mal. His face was hard but his eyes showed genuine concern. "I think we may have just witnessed some kind of energy transfer. Whatever was in the ball... is in you." he said it over dramatically with a chill in his voice. "We'll need to keep an eye on you for any side effects. You understand that right?"

Nate:
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Mal whipped her head around to look at Xeltia with wide eyes. Explode?! No, no, no she wasn't going to explode. She wasn't! And then Xeltia turned away from that topic but, unfortunately, went onto another that was no more reassuring than the last. Brainwashing. "Wh-what? Who would want to do that and why? I-I don't feel no different, don't think any different either. Y-you're just pullin' my leg...." She began to shake her head before looking up at Arthur when he began to speak.

Energy transfer of what type? What does that mean? What was going to happen to her? Mal began to pace quickly, breathing picking up. She'd afraid and is cussing at herself for picking up that stupid ball in the first place. "I-I understand... but what's gonna happen to me? I-I don't think I could handle dying, man."

A hushed ring started to pick up though no one but Mal could hear it. She looked around her apartment in confusion before asking them, "What's that?"

Student
Xeltia Sigma

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 2:24 pm

"What's what?" Xeltia asked, scrunching her nose in confusion. "I don't hear anything, you alright?" Sh put her hand on Mal's forehead, pulling away quickly. "Whoa..." She muttered, eyes wide. "You're forehead's cold." Xeltia looked to Arthur, shrugging. "Maybe you should check, I dunno if it's normal for humans to be that cold."
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Arthur smirked at the assumption he knew as much about humans as he did the rest of the galaxy. Nevertheless he leaned over and placed his hand to her forehead. His hands were cold but not as cold as Mal's forehead. "Hmm..." was all he said as he pulled his hand back and turned away in thought.

Nate:
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:20 pm

"C-cold? Oh my god, I'm gonna die!" Mal groaned and kept flinching at all the hands that were flying up to her face to take her temperature. And then the ringing got louder, causing Mal to quiet and look around her apartment wildly, her eyes wide and almost crazy. She was panicking, to put it mildly. And that wasn't a good feeling at all. "What is that, seriously? C-can't you hear it? The ring? The buzz? Where's it coming from?"

And suddenly the ringing was done and Mal could hear vessel complete. What? What was that suppose to mean? Prepare the transmission!

"Please tell me you heard that...."

Student
Xeltia Sigma

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:18 pm

""Nope, sorry!" Xeltia smiled, putting her hands behind her back. "What else did you hear?" She asked, raising a brow. "If it's singing, I need it back then." She frowned, rubbing her forehead. "I needed that for an experiment..."
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:40 am

"Heard what?" Arthur snapped spinning back around anxiously. He knelt down on one knee beside her, looking her directly in the eyes. "Tell me. I need to know what you heard to help you." He seemed concerned, not just about the consequences of a development like this but about Mal as a person too.

Nate:
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:12 pm

"N-no not singing. It was a ring... and then a voice. You didn't hear anything? Oh my god I'm going crazy, I knew it. This sucks!" Mal's eyes snapped over to Arthur as he knelt in front of her. She swallowed nervously and runs a hand over her face before attempting to reply. "W-well. It said... I heard something say the vessel is complete and it was preparing to tr-" She was cut off as she screamed, grabbing her head and dropping on both her knees. Oh crap! This definitely didn't feel good. The pain coursed through her head and leaked down her spine before spreading out to each limb. Just when she thought she couldn't take it any more it vanished, leaving her body feeling cold and numb. Mal was too afraid not to say anything, didn't even bother moving from her coiled position.

Mental state stable. Heart rate too quick. Communication established. This time when the voices spoke, everyone in the room could hear it. The noise emitted from Mal though her mouth wasn't moving. How was she doing that?

Student
Xeltia Sigma

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Staring at Mal, Xeltia went wide eyed.

What the heck was happening?

"M-Mal?" She said cautiously, stepping towards her. "Mal, can you hear me?" She knelt down to her, shaking her shoulder gently. "Mal, say something, do something." Xeltia poked Mal's arm, frowning deeply, worried. "Please, something, anything, or I'll freak out and kill someone." Pointing to Arthur, she added, "Most likely him."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...   There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There's no "I" in Inva- Wait a Minute...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next