Doctor Who RP

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Night of Sirens

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon May 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Oswin coughed, then coughed again. Her body shook as her eyes snapped open. She was staring at a ceiling, the lights flickering on and off. Releasing a loud sigh, Oswin popped up into a sitting position. "Room... Sort of." She looked to her left, spotting a fully functioning console. A smirk appeared on her face and she rose to her feet. "Console." She whispered, running a finger gently over a lever before glancing at the doors. "Exit. Right. Out there. Safer? In here." She glanced around, then down at her red dress and bright red high tops. "Where is here?" She whispered, stomping against the ground before rushing towards the doors. A small tap, a gentle shove, then a hand around the handle and a pull to drag it open. She peaked her head out, stopping in the doorway as she spotted the man. "Chin boy?" Her voice was high pitched in surprise, and she glanced over his shoulder at the departing woman with interest. "Care to tell me how I die and wake up here?"
Back to top Go down
Eleven
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon May 06, 2013 7:55 pm

The Doctor hardly noticed the door opening until Oswin's voice hit him. He shifted uncomfortably, rubbing his chin as his eyes wandered over her. "Uh, yes. Well, I could.
But-" He broke off upon hearing Sonya's fading footsteps. "I didn't say the wandering rule, did I?" He grunted, taking Oswin's hand and dragging her out of the doorway before shutting the TARDIS doors. He spun, following after Sonya blindly. "You can't just walk into a temple, Sonya! It's Ancient Greece! If they don't recognize you, it won't be..." He trailed off, pushing at the same door Sonya had moments ago. Once prying it open, he stepped in and dragged Oswin with him. "Sonya!"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon May 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Sonya stood staring up at the statue in front of her, not noticing the blood dropping from her hand. The knapsack she usually carried everywhere on the floor and forgotten while she stood there in a daze. Not acknowledging the Doctor's entrance or his words, she reached up with the hand now laced with trails of red to touch the statue on the foot. The feminine facial structure carved from the marble showed the face open in an expression of awe while it looked up at the ceiling. "I dont remember this statue in any of my history books." Sonya spoke softly, her voice echoing in the empty space. "You think they would mention a statue like this with a halo of actual gold laying on her head." after a moments hesitation, her hands hovered an inch from the stonethen to her side once more. "Upon her brow sat a halo, not of gold, for it shone with the light of a star not of this earth' I can't remember who said that actually. Any idea?"
Back to top Go down
Eleven
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon May 06, 2013 8:18 pm

"Any ideas? Any ideas?" The Doctor repeated quickly, glancing at her blood soaked hand with a wince. "Ah, yes. One. Read more history books." He dropped Oswin's hand, approaching the status with a grim frown. "This is an old, old statue of Athena. Which makes sense, we are in Athens. The God they think they owe their lives to.. Would be her." He whispered, slapping hands together as he studied the statue. "What I'm not understanding is why she is scuplted like that." He looked at the ceiling, then back to the statue. "And the whole gold thingy Halo."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon May 06, 2013 8:30 pm

"Exactly what I was thinking." Sonya suddenly shuddered abs wrapped her arms around herself and took a step back. "It makes me feel... Strange. Like I'm not here." She stated stiffly, an odd note sounding in her voice. Looking around the empty place, she frowned for the first time since spotting the statue. "Where is everyone anyway? You made it sound like it would be packed in here." turning around in a circle, she spotted a door behind the plinth Athena sat on and began to walk around the statue towards it. "do you suppose they're in the back room?" The same odd note in her voice sounding once more. Casting a glance at the Doctor, she smiled hollowly and continued walking.
Back to top Go down
Eleven
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 pm

The Doctor glanced over his shoulder, back to Sonya, then at the statue. "Yes, of course. Back room. Because they'd be in the backroom!" He exclaimed angrily, jumping on his heels before racing after her. He gently squeezed through a tighter space before reaching a wider space between the statue and the door way. "Well... That's rubbish. Not hidden or anything." He muttered, stepping in front of Sonya to look closer at the door. He snapped his teeth together, turning slightly to look over at her with a faint smile. "Promise me you won't turn around. No turning around, no peaking, no flailing your arms out like you've just won a doughnut." He whispered, his eyes flicking to the side before landing on Sonya's face again.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Tue May 21, 2013 9:38 pm

"Why on earth would I do that?" Sonya asked him incredulously, one of her eyebrows arching upwards as she eyed him. "Do you plan on playing any disco music? Because honestly, that would be the only time I would ever think about waving my arms about like that." She added in a more serious tone before pushing on his shoulder lightly. "I'm not exactly excitable, in fact, I've been called dull at parties. Relax, Time Lord. You have no worries for me besides wandering off and touching things I probably shouldn't."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:22 pm

The Doctor couldn't resist a smile, "who knows? Maybe they've got disco music playing in the back room. A whole party we weren't invited to. Which is upsetting, I like parties." He curled his hand around the handle, pulling it open. "Though no one seems to understand coffee cake has no coffee in it. Mind you, nor did I until it was thrown in my face by-" He broke off, clearing his throat as he looked back at Sonya. "'Cake' is a Viking word. Comes from the word 'kaka'. And oh! Paintings!" The Doctor spun in a circle, already in the center of the room. Paintings lined the walls, in familiar fashions the Doctor faintly remembered. The way the paint was smeared onto the canvases... "Sonya, could you tell me who painted these?" He asked softly, his hands on his hips.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Sonya raised an eyebrow in amusement at the Doctor before shaking her head and wandered into the room behind him, her eyes already studying the brushstrokes on the canvases in front of her. "That... That looks like VanGogh." She said curiously, leaning forward to see the mixing colors better with a frown. "But why would any of his paintings be here, now? Mind you, I'm no art critic either, so I could be wrong." She added, casting a glance over at him with an apologetic shrug before looking over at the paining beside the one she was studying moments ago. "It could just be some other artist's painting and I wouldn't know the difference really, I just say VanGogh from how the colors are swirled around a bit around the edges."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:00 pm

"Yeah, yes... Maybe." The Doctor rubbed the back of his neck, walking cautiously up to a painting of Zeus. "It's van Gogh. Vincent Willem van Gogh. But the dates don't match. His paintings, but paintings that don't exist. Have never existed." He pointed to the bottom of the canvas, at the signature signed in black against the blue colours. "Ancient Greece. 439 B.C., and there's paintings from the 1800's here." He began jumping lightly on the heel of his shoes, feeling as if something had clicked in his mind, though everything here was still a mystery. "Take that back. Not even from the 1800's. Vincent didn't sit around drawing Greek gods and goddesses. No, a madman draws his bedroom repeatedly until getting the bed shape correct." The Doctor paused, glancing at Sonya over his shoulder. "His style, his brush strokes, but not his work."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 pm

"Alright... It's pretty obvious no one could copy his style this perfectly. So that leaves only one question, why is Van Gogh here?" Sonya asked curiously, putting her hands into her pockets as she turned around in a slow circle, studying the paintings all around them, trying to understand exactly what was going on. "Why would he be painting pictures that should have never existed, how did he even get here in the first place?" She added as an afterthought, looking over at the Doctor with a raised eyebrow, expecting some answer to come spilling out of his mouth like they had been for the past twenty minutes. "I highly doubt he perfected time travel."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm

The Doctor squirmed, turned and twisted his hands around each other. "Then he didn't perfect time travel. Someone else brought him. Meaning..." The Doctor spun again, his eyes wandering around the room before spotting an indent in the wall down the way. "I know what the halo's for." He said softly in a sing-song voice before racing out the door again, slipping through the tight space and stopping in front of the statue. He placed his hands on the sides, right beside where the arm of the chairs met Athena's hands. He pushed, dragging his feet up in a swift motion as his hand shot out. As suspected, the halo wasn't connected. It released itself from Athena's head into the Doctor's hand. He moved back a step and fell, landing at the feet of the statue on his back. Grunting, he sat up, staring down at the glowing halo in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Sonya walked over and stared at the circlet of gold in his hands with curiosity. "Alright... It's a ring of gold." She stated, not caring if it was the most obvious factor at the moment. "What exactly is that for? Not really a time machine..." Crouching down next to him, she reached out hesitantly and placed a finger on the edge of the cool metal, frowning at the small thrum of energy that hummed in her mind for a moment before she pulled away. "I take it you've seen something like this before, yeah? Care to share the information with less fortunate people?"

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:22 am

"Ah... Not really." The Doctor said, stumbling to get to his feet. "Not with someone who's got the grumps." He added, though a goofy smile was prominent on his face. "I've seen something like this before, yes. A while ago, while I was visiting someone. The band then acted like an interface. Connects one thing to another through strengths and weaknesses." His fingers rubbed against the sides, and for a moment, he wanted to put it flat on his head. Walk around and say pointless things, though the look he was getting from Sonya told him otherwise. He turned his back on her, sauntering back into the room of paintings. "Oh! A good one!" He exclaimed, pointing excitedly at a painting to his right. It was one he remembered quite well. A church on a hill.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:27 am

Sonya let out a slight sigh and followed the easily excitable Doctor back into the room, her arms folded over her chest as she watched. "So, why is that here? How could it make him travel through time, and for that matter, a couple of these are fresh, where is he?" She added suddenly as the thought struck her, staring around the room in confusion. She was surprised the question didn't come to her sooner, she remembered looking at one of the paintings and thinking it looked wet. Walking around the room, she studied the walls before finally spotting the frame of a door sitting behind one of the taller canvases. "Ah! Found you." Sonya said triumphantly, gently setting the painting aside and trying the knob only to find it locked. "Ah... Doctor, a little help?"

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

The Doctor didn't hear her at first, his eyes scanning the painting for another longer moment. Then he shifted and wandered towards her. "This is good. All the traps doors in the world couldn't keep a nosy Sonya away!" He exclaimed with a brittle laugh, pulling out his sonic screwdriver and pressing it close to the handle. It clicked, and the Doctor pocketed the sonic, pushing the door open with his other hand. "Don't come any closer!" Someone yelled from the center of the room and the Doctor frowned. "How close are you suggesting? I'm not very close to begin with." The Doctor said slowly, stepping into the room as lights powered up. A red haired man stood in the middle of the room, using a single wooden chair as a weapon. "Ah, Vincent! Done something with your hair?" He asked, squinting for a moment before glancing back at Sonya. "They said I needed to look my best. They trimmed it." Vincent replied, "Doctor?" The Doctor looked back at him, leaned forward an inch and shook his head lightly, "I don't like it. Maybe I'll find you a wig. A long, wiry wig."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:05 pm

Sonya smiled slightly at Vincent, slowly walking forward as the Doctor spoke to him. Watching as he slowly set the chair down and leaned against it wearily. "What did they do you you? You look exhausted." She said gently, reaching over and placing a hand on his shoulder softly. "Have you even had a decent nights sleep since you got here anyway?" Looking over the Doctor, she motioned with her head for him to help her get Vincent over to the thin mattress laying on the floor.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:58 pm

"Doctor, where's that other girl?" Vincent asked, though innocently, the Doctor gulped hard. "Away. On a trip. Fine. She's fine." The Doctor replied, walking over on Sonya's silent command. He wrapped an arm over Vincent's back and dragged him up, guided him to the mattress and lowered him down onto it. "Vincent, Vinny, Vindezo, Vin-" Vincent cleared his throat loudly, "Doctor." The Doctor looked at him, then bent down beside him. "Right. Sorry. Vincent, can I ask how you're here?" Vincent glanced at Sonya, a weary expression slanted across his face. Afraid, perhaps. Nervous. "I'm not very sure. I remember a... That, that thing." He pointed to the halo in the Doctor's hands.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Sonya sat on the chair Vincent had leaned against, turning it around so she could rest her arms on the back of it while facing him with an intense expression on her face. "They showed up and used it on you, yeah? Do you remember anything else? When they did it, or can you remember?" She asked in the same gentle voice, trying to keep her probing questions from bothering him as she did. Biting down on her lip, she cast a confused look over at the Doctor before drawing her attention back to Vincent. "Do you know why they want your paintings?"

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Vincent shook his head lightly. "I haven't got a clue." He glanced at the Doctor, who had began pacing in the back of the small room, hardly visible with the little light. He scratched the side of his face and looked back at Vincent. "What?" He asked softly, looking between Sonya and Vincent with a confused frown. "You seem to have most of the answers. Why do they want my paintings in particular?" The Doctor paused and leaned against the wall, half his face in the shadows. "They don't. They don't care about those paintings. No, because if they did, they wouldn't be locked away in a back room. Greeks are proud people." He paused, crossing his arms as he smiled softly. "But they do want you, Vincent. You're what they're trying to hide, which makes you valuable. So I'm going to go, Sonya stay with Vincent." The Doctor pointed at Vincent, then at Sonya, "if I'm not back in twenty minutes exactly, take him to the TARDIS." He pushed away from the wall, sauntering over to the door and walking directly out without pause. He shut it gently behind him.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Sonya frowned in thought before her eyes darted over to Vincent again. "They want his mind? But for what? Why could they let him paint, they obviously have the means to see his mind to some extent." Sonya got up from the chair dussenly, beginning to pace around the room herself, deep in thought as she glared at the floor. Stopping by the door, she leaned her shoulder against the wall with a light sigh. "Vincent has one of the greatest minds of this centurey, its no wonder that they want him, but again, why. What do they want him to think of." Loking over at the Doctor, she raised an eyebrow expectantly, waiting for him to join in her rant with a bit of information of his own. "feel free to jump in whenever, Doctor."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:09 am

The Doctor lifted his head, watching Sonya for a moment before nodding. "Right. Jumping in." He took a small hop towards them and grinned obnoxiously before clearing his throat. "Anyway! Good ideas come from great minds. Vincent puts something on paper, and with enough people believing what they see is true..." He trailed off, looking at Sonya with no trace of humour left. "I need you to stay here with Vincent. Don't let anyone into this room unless you know for a fact it's me." He began walking towards the door, but just before reaching it, he paused. "If I'm not back in twenty minutes exactly, take Vincent to the TARDIS. I need to find whoever's in charge here." He straightened his bow tie, stepped out of the room, and shut the door behind him. Though something was forgotten. Putting the painting back, the painting that Sonya had moved to access the door. Forgetting it all together, the Doctor jogged out of the painting hall and back into the opened area of the statue. And the population was back, the street was crowded to the brim with people.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:22 am

Sonya gaped after the Doctor as he left the room, her gaze moving over to Vincent in confusion before it changed into frustration. "Just like a man, leaving the girl behind because he doesn't want them to get into trouble. I swear, this version of him." She grumbled under her breath as she walked over and plopped down into the chair again with her arms crossed over her chest. "Well then, we sit here, he's out there getting himself into loads of trouble no doubt. What shall we do, Vincent? Oh, I haven't even introduced myself, I'm Sonya." She added with a bright smile, dissolving the irritation on her face as she held a hand out to the man. "I have to say... Your paintings are wonderful. Even if you don't like them, I've always loved to look at the colors and the way you've mixed them on the canvas. You, my good sir, are brilliant."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:32 am

Vincent shakily nodded his head. "Thank you. That is what the Doctor's friend once told me. Sweet Amy, who he looks as if he's mourning." Vincent shook his head this time, offering a smile to Sonya as he looked about the room. "He won't be back in twenty minutes, I know this much of that man. We'll be waiting, while the evil men have captured him already." Vincent chuckled, hoping to bring something lighthearted to the conversation, but unable to muster something up.

Pushing through the crowd was the easy part, but ignoring their stares was the uncomfortable one. They'd look on, gaping at the Doctor's clothing with distaste or awe. The Doctor fixed his bow tie and smoothed down his vest until realizing it was ridiculous. "Doctor." A stern voice said to his side and he spun, laughing softly as he clapped. "Ah, so I was expected? Did I miss tea? Did you leave me any biscuits? No, you lot don't do that, do you?" A hand was on his arm, pushing him forward as dirt kicked up.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:42 am

Sonya glanced at the door and nodded in agreement with Vincent. "Oh I know, he may look different and act different, but he is just like any other version of himself." She sighed then looked back over at Vincent. "He misses Amy, yeah... It's a long story, and I won't tell you it. It's his story to give, not mine." Standing up suddenly, she moved towards the door and cracked it open just enough to see outside into the painting room. "How well do you know this place, Vincent? Or have you only been in this room? Blimey, that must really be rough when you have to... You know, do your business in the bathroom." She said awkwardly, still surveying the room as she struggled to keep herself from loosing focus. "Listen, we can't stay here. You and I both know for a fact that if they have the Doctor, then they already know he's come to visit you. What they don't know is that I'm with him, so there will be a bit of a surprise. If they come here, we're sitting ducks. If we leave, then we can force them into a game of hide and seek, yeah?" Finally she tore her attention away from the room and grinned over at Vincent wildly. Her hearts already beginning to beat from the mere mention of running. Oh how she had missed this. "Come on, on your feet, man. We have to move."

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    

Back to top Go down

The Night of Sirens
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Classic's-
Jump to: