The Night of Sirens

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 am

"You think I like the fact that this planet's history is so demented? Do you honestly think I'm proud of living with humans that think killing someone who is different than them is the only solution?" Sonya said in a soft, pained voice, her eyes refusing to move from the console in front of her as she leaned her hands on it. "I love the humans on this planet, I love them as if they were my species, more than them sometimes. They certantly are less complicated." He added, casting a wry glance over at th Doctor before continuing. "But on occasion, I can barely stand them. They remind me of the darkest and most destructive places in every creature's nature. So no, I am not proud of my adopted species, but I cannot be angry at them for something their ancestors have done either."

Taking a soft breath, she let out a sigh and turned around, facing away from him and staring dully at the wall across from her. "So you tell me, Doctor. Can you be proud of our species as a whole? Yes we've done many things to help the universe, bu can you honestly say with complete conviction that you are proud of the Time Lord race? Humans have a reason to be violent, so alone on tjeir small rock, only themselves to keep each otber company. Even a saint would go mad being stuck in a house with others like him for years." Her blue eyes turned back towards her friend, piercing him with an intence gaze. "Are you truly proud of our people? Or are you running constantly because you' ashamed, Doctor?"

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:24 am

The Doctor jumped off the chair, almost seeming as if he springed out, coming face to face with Sonya. "Don't question me about pride. Don't think you're ever, ever capable of getting an answer." He replied in a quick, low tone. His voice sounded like gravel, anger being dragged out by Sonya's questions. But the hard stare faded quickly, caving in from distractions and hope that the conversation would die out. The Doctor turned towards the console, turning a dial and tapping a button. He moved towards the monitor, flicking it on, then reaching for a switch directly beside it. He snapped it down and the doors swung open, almost dramatically. But the Doctor didn't look, he proceeded to cross his arms over his chest, his head bowed and the hard stare once again etched across his face. "So, planning on following us for long?" He called out, his voice hollow. Footsteps echoed into the TARDIS, two pairs. The doors swung shut behind them. "We... We were ordered to follow you." The tallest man stuttered, his large build seeming to squirm under a new found pressure. "And you will come with us." The other man added softly, puffing his chest out to seem braver than the Doctor knew he was. The TARDIS groaned, hating the two unidentified men that had just walked. The Doctor patted the console softly, turning his head to look at the men. "Well, ignoring everything else. That's a bit rude." He snapped, his eyes shifting back and forth between the men as one positioned himself in front of Sonya and the other in front of the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:46 am

Sonya gazed impassively up at the man in feont of her, a dark cloud seeming to hover behind her eyes as she studied him. Her normally bright mood dimmed by the conversation she had with the Doctor. You and what you stand for are why I can be so ashamed of the human race sometimes. She thought with a touch of bitterness as the TARDIS hummed softly, offering comfort as she glanced at the Doctor with a frown. "Letting them in was your bright idea? We're still at a standstill here." Stepping away from th guard, she ignored his glare and slowly walked around the console in thought. "They can't do anything and neither can we now."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:16 pm

"Well, lets see. I can do something." The Doctor stepped towards the console, fingers wiggling above a large lever. "Vincent's my friend and I would like to know where he is. As well as who's in charge here, because it is definitely not Acacius." The guard standing at the ready in front of the Doctor shifted his weight from foot to foot, glancing at his partner in turn. "Oh, come on, you know I'm clever. You know I've got a box at the ready. And all I'm trying to be now is nice." The Doctor moved his hand away from the console, slowly approaching the first guard. "But you know I can be angry. Tell me where Vincent is." The doors to the TARDIS locked, snapping loudly into place as the Doctor smiled. "Sonya, that plan I mentioned. You thought it was getting Vincent, right?" He rubbed his fingers together, his smile growing into a boyish grin. "Now who would send guards to chase us down? We're not really a threat. Look, I've got a bow tie. Unless the man above Acacius knows who we are. Then I'll just be doing this." He bent backwards, yanking the lever down suddenly as sparks flew from the console. "You're bonkers!" One of the guards yelled, grabbing the rail for support as the TARDIS rattled. "Hasn't anyone ever told you not to get in a box with a madman?" The Doctor yelled over the noises, twirling to toy with a few controls. "Don't worry, the signal is short. The ride won't last long!" At that, the Doctor pulled the glowing halo from his coat pocket, smiling crookedly at Sonya as hair fell into his eyes. "Look what I took!" He exclaimed, nearly excitedly as he held the console to stay on his feet.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:11 pm

"You little thief!" Sonya laughed, her eyes locking onto his and a wide, foolish grin spread across her face as she stared over at him from her side of the console, gripping the edge of it tightly. "And I thought I was the bad influence here! Your going about nicking things without anyone knowing, bad Time Lord!" Laughing brightly, she cast a look over at the panicking guards, her grin growing a little more as they grabbed at the handrails behind them. "And kidnapping the guards to boot, You'll end up with a rap sheet that could fill the TARDIS if you keep this up." She added, looking back down at the controls as they shot out another burst of sparks before they died down, followed by a familiar grinding noise as she landed.

Letting go, she skipped over to the doors and gently laid a hand on them, gazing expectantly back at the Doctor with her eyebrows raised up. "Well You coming or not? It was your plan and your sticky fingers that got us here."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Upon Sonya pointing out 'sticky fingers', the Doctor lifted his hands in the air, then pointed quickly at the guards. "You two! Your names. Tell me." The first guard, tall and beefy with a long, black beard stepped forward. His skin looked orange against his dark hair. "I'm Theo, and this is Ander." The smaller of the two, Ander, stepped forward weakly. His hair a shade darker and his skin tanner, Ander himself looked to be the healthier one. His clothes seemed too large for his body, hanging limply over his thin frame. "Brothers, I assume." The Doctor commented thoughtfully and they both nodded. "Good, then Ander watch Theo and Theo watch Ander. Don't get killed, don't get injured, and whatever you do, don't wander off." The Doctor turned his back to them, prepared to follow Sonya before Theo's thick voice stopped him, "and who will be watching you?" The question sounded nearly snippy, almost as if it were supposed to hit him hard like a comeback or insult. The Doctor didn't flinch, nor did he turn around. "I've got Sonya." He said softly, then propelled himself forward, past Sonya and into the room they landed.

A small room, one that he recognized. Vincent's room, maybe a few months after he and Amy had visited. "A few months... Vincent!" He called out, alarm entering his eyes and posture. Forgetting the guards and Sonya, the doors still perched open to his box, he took off into the house, his shoulders connecting with more than walls as he went. But nothing was stopping him, because he didn't know what he was running into. "They'd have to take him back to his own time. He was days from where a fixed point in time was created. Not following through with something so important to history would-" The Doctor broke off, unable to finish as he stared at the red haired man sitting at a simple oak table. His eyes were transfixed on a vase full of sunflowers. "They told me, Doctor. They told me I am supposed to be deceased. Though here I sit, more dead than alive, though my heart is still beating. They will not allow me to act on my thoughts." Vincent raised his head, his eyes searching the Doctor's face before he looked back at the flowers. "Something important, they said. I am something important, therefore forcing me to live will kill all else."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Sonya hesitantly entered the room behind the Doctor, her eyes widening slightly in shock at the state Vincent was in. "Oh, Vincent." She whispered softly, the urge to go over and wrap the man into a comforting hug nearly overwhelming her. Biting down on her lower lip viciously, she kept her place, just behind the Doctor as she watched the artist. "Doctor... If he was meant to die, and he's being kept alive for their own deceptive reasoning, it would cause a ripple in Earth's timeline... More paintings of his to inspire more people, different views, the people that become better people from hearing about his story stay in the bad situation they are in now." She said quietly, her eyes refusing to look away from the red-haired man at the table.

"And him, constantly being driven to the edge of madness from his depression. Eventually he won't take anymore, and if they won't let him take it out on himself, anyone else around him would be a target. If he kills anyone, that would be an entire family, blinked out of existence in the future. Someone that comes up with space travel, someone that invents something else that helps... The telephone." Her voice rose urgently as she spoke, all of the changes that could happen appearing in her mind's eye. "They couldn't have picked the more perfect person for this..."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Vincent listened with an unreadable expression. Allowing emotions into the equation, allowing it to absorb, would nearly snap his mind in half. But he couldn't shake the feeling of eyes on him. "It isn't just the impacts of the human culture or development, Sonya. Changing a fixed point creates a different timeline, branching off of the original course. You can't play God like this." The Doctor ran a hand over his face, walking a few steps to the left to collapse into a chair. He rested his elbow on his knee, crossing his legs and placing his hand over his cheek. "But when it is something that can touch anything after it's time, reaching out and creating so many possibilities in the future... Too many questionable timelines. Vortex gets jumbled, the lines collide and you've got all of Vincent's possibilities happening at once." The Doctor leaped from the chair, watching the guards walk into the room hesitantly behind Sonya. "The Time Rift wouldn't be able to sustain that much time energy, leaking through with all the choices. Too much going on at once!" The Doctor groaned, smacking his forehead with the palm of his hand. "Ultimately destroying... Everything." He whispered, lifting his eyes to look slowly at Sonya.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Sonya felt a cold wave of anger wash over her at the Doctor's words. Her eyes flicking over towards Vincent then back at the Time Lord. "How on earth could we stop this? Unless you have a brilliant plan to go back and stop them from grabbing him out of his timeline... That isn't your plan is it?" She added suddenly, her eyes narrowing slightly as she studied the Doctor's face closer for a moment. "We obviously don't have exactly a lot of time to fix this either, he's been out of his time line for quite a bit." She finally said with a low sigh, slumping down into the chair he had just vacated, holding her head in her hands as she tried to focus on the task and problem at hand. Her mind spun with everything that could possibly fall apart, everything that could have happened that never would. People that would never be born, everything. "What could we do?"

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:09 am

The Doctor was hardly listening, more focused on a painting balanced on the sill above the chimney. His finger tips brushed it gently before he looked at Sonya briefly. "We could do a lot of things. Play chess, learn a new dance, make jewellery, create a new language." He turned his body, leaning a shoulder lightly against the sill of the chimney as he looked at the ground, rubbing his thumb and index finger together. "It's what we're going to do that matters. And no, no I'm not going to stop them from pulling him out of the time line. That'd create a paradox." He scratched the bottom of his cheek, leaving thin red marks as he dropped his hand again. "But time, Sonya, time is not the boss of me. I don't care how much we've got to fix this and Vincent - your paint is wet." He looked at his fingers, frowning as he hesitated, then ran them down the side of the chimney's stone, leaving blue and green smears. "Anyway," he said, snapping his fingers as he moved to the wooden table, collapsing into a hard chair. His fingers drummed on the wood. "I've got a plan. Or something close to a plan that doesn't involve much organisation."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:17 am

"Then it's not a plan, but a sudden whim to do something reckless and stupid." Sonya quipped with a slight smile. Shooting a glance over at Vincent, she lifted her shoulders into a shrug. "The last time I followed one of your, 'something close to a plan' plans, I ended up nearly being sold into slavery. Honestly, did not have that much fun sitting in a cage with a collar on." Her eyes turned back to him, staring over the rim of her glasses with a wry smile. "Not to mention the other times, but this really isn't the time or place for that." Leaning forward, she rested her chin in her hands again, watching the Doctor curiously for a moment, then nodding her head at him. "Go on then, tell us your plan, but really isn't it."

(Short, I know. I just woke up)

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:30 pm

The Doctor looked up at Vincent, then turned his head to look at Sonya. "Timelines are tricky. Not exactly everything happens in order, but everything happens. Sort of." He drummed his fingers against the table a few more times. "Everything's collapsing, falling in on itself. Meaning the consequences of crossing timelines isn't as severe. I can literally walk into my past and the stability on the time vortex would be too weak to even muster up a simple paradox." He bowed his head slightly, hair falling into his face as he squeezed his eyes shut. "There's a box from my past. Once time gets too big, too eventful, all of history will begin to happen at once. Meaning the building of the Eiffel Tower will be going on at the same time as the filming of Ghostbusters or World War III will be in the midst of World War I. Something that never happened or hasn't happened yet will collide with reality. The year that never was, Big Bang Two..." He pushed a hand over his face, groaning into it. "The Pandorica, Sonya. The box. Something like that. Something with that much power... That'll do it."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:46 pm

"So... What do you suggest we do about it then? From what I've heard, you fixed the universe by blowing the Pandorica up." Sonya asked curiously, one of her eyebrows arching up as she glanced over at the Doctor with a slight frown. Shaking her hair from her own eyes, she shifted in her seat, thinking quietly for a moment then tilted her head to the side. "You can't just go back and get it, you'd create a paradox in when you never were put inside, you never had to blow it up to fix the universe, so therefore the universe would slowly stop existing, star by star." She added finally, her hand resting on the table beside her and drumming her fingers nervously. "And you want to risk it because the universe in the future is going to collapse again? Excuse me for saying, but that isn't a plan, that is a suicide attempt."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:06 pm

The Doctor didn't make eye contact as he stood from his chair, nearly tipping it over as he ran a hand down his face. "You hear too much." He whispered, staring at the fire he hadn't realized was going. Vincent must have started one before they got there. "But I never said we're going to get the Pandorica itself, I said something like it." He spun on his heels to look at her, snapping his fingers before pointing at her. He walked back over to the table, sliding into his seat as he began to drum his fingers again. "So, Sonya, answer this question without any of your comments and opinions. What has the same power hold or more than the Pandorica?" He leaned back in the chair, his green eyes down-casted with strands of dark hair falling in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Sonya let out a slight sigh, casting an irritated look at the Doctor for his 'no comments or opinions' comment and thought to herself. "Several things, the TARDIS for one, a void ship, the center of a black hole..." She trailed off with a raised eyebrow, knowing full well he wouldn't appreciate the last one she mentioned. "But I'm guessing none of those are what your thinking. And by the way, if I did say the right one, I want credit for this suicide mission." She added, leaning back in her chair and staring up at the ceiling in silence. "A time lock." Her eyes shut as she said the words in a soft voice. "That has more power than the Pandorica, but I doubt you'll be using that anytime soon."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:44 am

"Time Lock. Time Lock wouldn't work. Too much power. Could implode and freeze everything." The Doctor began to drum his fingers again, his eyes scanning Sonya's face questionably. Completely ignoring the fact she mentioned a black hole, he proceeded to her other suggestions, "void ship! I love a good void ship. Sometimes they've got pirate steer-y... Wheel things." He made a driving motion with his hands, tightening them into fists and spinning them counterclockwise. Then, he jumped from his chair, spinning around to grin boyishly at Sonya, though it didn't exactly reach his eyes. No, of course it didn't. Not when she was spot on with one of the suggestions. The last one and the only one he was content with. "Steer her right into the sun. The explosion would be catastrophic. Hit the whole of the universe. Touch just about every corner with a power hold strong enough to last several explosions. If it wasn't for a self destruct button I'll be pressing. Well, making and then pressing." He placed his hands on his hips, then moved from that stance to a one with crossed arms. "But you get credit, because that's all I'm offering."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Sonya smirked slightly, her arms crossing over her chest as she watched the Doctor. "All I'm asking for, I deserve a bit of credit on this. That way when they find out bodies, you can have a note in one hand saying 'she did it.'." Shaking her head slightly, she let out a slight breath and glanced around the room with a slightly confused frown on her face. "So. Where exactly do you expect us to get a Void Ship? They don't exactly sell them in markets now and days." She asked curiously, looking back over at the Doctor, her head tilted to the side as she debated where they might get one.

"And if your suggesting we steal or 'borrow' one as you so often put it, think again. I won't do that anymore. Tried it once, ended up with a herd of Judoon on my tail for it. No thank you." Shaking her head again, Sonya sat in the chair he vacated, her legs crossing as she stared up at him with a slight scowl.

PostSubject: Re: The Night of Sirens    

Back to top Go down

The Night of Sirens
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Classic's-
Jump to: