Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_vote_lcapRun While You Can - Page 2 I_voting_barRun While You Can - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Run While You Can - Page 2 I_vote_lcapRun While You Can - Page 2 I_voting_barRun While You Can - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Run While You Can

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

Run While You Can - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:53 pm

He lets her go and doesn't follow. He himself decides to go out for a while. As he looks for a black hoodie, screw driver and psychic paper secured, he tells Ash to keep an eye on Mal. He wouldn't be long, just needed to pick up some milk, maybe take a walk. He wants to be there for we but if Mal needed time he'd give her that too. He makes his way out into the dirty streets, ignoring any cat calls or solicitors and making his way towards the better side of London.
Back to top Go down
http://flesheleventhdoctor.tumblr.com/
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:10 am

Ash just waved her hand at whom she knew as 'John' as he gave her a few commands. Yeah, yeah, she heard that before. Well, not with this room mate but they all began to feel the same after a while. Except the fact that Mal wasn't as social and didn't even like to stick around for her parties. Well, Ash would watch the other girl in case she tried to make another getaway. The rent would be due soon, after all, and she didn't need Mal running out again before she paid her share.

Mal wasn't sure how much time had passed as she just laid there. Her ears were tuned to outside her doors where she heard the hum of the telly and the clatter of plates. Ash must be cleaning up. That's new.

She closed her eyes and willed herself to just fall asleep but the effort was futile. Ash usually kept a few bottles of liquor around, maybe Mal could put them to a better use. It wasn't something she'd turn to but she was getting desperate. She wouldn't even take that much. Maybe a couple of shots to help her sleep. The cabinet was stocked with painkillers and cold medicine. It was always an option. She would only take the prescribed dose if she ever decided to use that option. But a thought crossed her mind and banished those thoughts from her head.

If she was pregnant would she really want to consume something like that? There was no way she'd become like her mother if this was the path she had to go down. If things unfolded and Mal was left with a kid, she didn't want to hit the bottle or taint the poor kid with drugs before it's even seen the light of day. Babies were innocent no matter how much Mal might despise it at first. Having a family like she did would turn any one off of the idea of children... At least that's what she thought. Why couldn't she be more thrilled about it? Well, for one thing, it was unexpected. Though it was said once that the things we don't expect are usually the best.

Mal let out a groan of frustration and curled tighter into a ball. Well this was rubbish, wasn't it. Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep. Sleep, damn you!

Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:55 pm

He's in a bar of all places but he had needed to clear his head and this was one of the few plces he could be alone and not look completely out of place. As he tries to watch the futbol match on the telly across from him he feels something crawl up his thigh. Oh great. He turns his head, about to tell off whoever decided to aggravate him more than he already was.

He stares at the woman.

"Well, either I'm a blonde magnet or you work for Torchwood..."

She grins, her grip rough. He holds back his wince. If he ran now, maybe the squad outside would miss him. She leans forward, her grin still in place as her top gives him a prompt view of what most men in this bar bend over for.

"I'm here alone Doctor... I know you need some help, I know your wondering why were pursuing you, but you need to understand. Humans take extreme measures when their scared. Your our extreme measure, we've let you come and go, and now were asking you to leave a guardian behind, someone we can condition to help the earth. One person in exchange of millions. The chemicals we gave that little girl? We mixed it with huron energy... If she isn't pregnant it might be a miracle but she has enough of a dosage to see it through. She won't die, maybe from grief but not from us..."

Huon Energy. So the Racnoss had left behind a great treasure for Torchwood after all. He turns his chair, leaning towards her, his own hand slipping to cup her cheek. She leans into his touch as he leans in to whisper.

"That child is mine, His mother is mine, this planet is mine... if you take any of the things mentioned, I'll find you, I'll let you run and hide, but in the end, I won't hesitate to execute you. I'm a peaceful, old thing, but one thing I'm not, is above getting rough..."

He roughly grabs her hair, her eyes tearing up as he pulls her forward, now eye to eye. He looks stoic, sounds stoic, but the fury swirls in those old orbs.

"I suggest you slink back to Yvonne, let her know that it goes for all of you and if you've hurt any of my friends, if you've gone near anyone I have ever cared about..."

He let's her go, finishing his tea, standing and towering over her.

"Torchwood will be wiped out. It only takes five words. Five."

With that he takes his leave, surprised when no one is outside waiting to shoot him. He practically runs home. He had to purge Mal's body, he had to at least let her have a choice!
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Mal grumbled to herself and counted the amount of times she burst into pointless tears. It was five, if anyone cared to know. She hadn't felt this helpless and depressed since she was living in that cruddy Toronto apartment with her mum. It wasn't fair. But what wasn't? Her life? All of her choices had led her to the position she was in now, so really she had it coming. Every choice, no matter how small, can impact your life significantly.

Mal uncoiled herself and laid on her back, staring up at the ceiling and putting both hands over her stomach. "I don't know the first thing about a lot of things. I only know what not to do." She whispered this, not talking to anyone but feeling the need to say it out loud. "I just don't want to screw up any more. I can't let people down. I'm wasting so much yet maybe it's better that way. Don't want to grow up to... to be a monster. How can I stop it? How?" Squeezing her eyes shut, Mal managed to suppress the fresh tears that stung at her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:50 pm

He runs and runs, all the way back. As he's hiking up the apartment stairs, he can't help but feel that something was off, something wasn't right. He hated how right he usually was about these things. He reaches the roof of the grungy building and looks around. It seemed vacant, innocent enough...

"Aren't you a smart one?"

He closes his eyes, slowly turning to face the blonde woman. she was either fast, or...

"So I take it your the one who got my time manipulator. Why are you following me exactly Paige? What did I ever do to you?"

The blonde glares, practically shooting daggers at him. She strides over, her blue eyes like ice and her hand reaching out to slap his face roughly.

"I'm here to end this little domestic life you've taken up. I was the one who was supposed to be your partner for the project. It was the only reason I worked for torch wood, but they saw her and they wouldn't hear it. We saw you two, tangled up, passionate, in love... that was supposed to be me!"

His sonic slides from his sleeve and he quickly points it at the device. It sparks and as Paige jumos in surprise he turns, running back down. He had to reach Mal, to save her. This was going wrong, and if something else happened that he couldn't control, well he didn't want to let his mind dwell on it too long. He reaches their door, able to hear Paige's steps as he bangs on the ruddy wood.

It was turning to be one hellish day to forget your keys.

"Mal! It's me, open up! You need to get out of there, find a way, get out of there!!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Mal was out of breath.  She just couldn't do it any more.  Looking around, she didn't know where she was and why she was running in the first place.  It was useless, wasn't it?  To push your legs to go further and further until you couldn't go any more.  Until your legs burned and lungs screamed for air.  It was useless.  In the end they always caught up.  Always.  

And now she was here.  Where ever here was.  The corridors were steel, smooth.  The floor underneath marble.  It was an odd match that seemed familiar.  But why?  She'd never seen this place in her life.  Then she heard them.  The ones she was fleeing from.  The in sync marching echoed down the hall as Mal turned to meet her fate.  But a sudden presence was there by her side.  Looking up into the Doctor's face he stared back vacantly and murmured, "Run."

Where, she wanted to scream.  But before she could the wall they were pressed against fell away into oblivion.  She turned and ran though her body protested.  That single word was reverberating in her head until it got louder and louder.  It overlapped and twisted and soon a new voice spoke up, overpowering the Doctor's , "Run, little girl, while you still can."

Mal shot up with a gasp.  She wildly looked around and finally sank back into her bed when she realized it was just a dream.  A hand came up and rested on her forehead as she closed her eyes and tried to slow her beating heart.  When had she fallen asleep?  

Laying there, Mal finally opened her eyes and moved off her bed.  She didn't feel like she could leave her room yet so instead sat on her desk chair and spun in it like she had countless times before.  The dream replayed in her head and she couldn't help but think it was important somehow.  Then she scoffed at herself.  How could she think that way about a silly dream?  Mal had gone through some traumatizing things so was bound to have bad dreams such as that one.
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:36 pm

He bangs on the door, hearing the So slim..and a little bit foxy of a gun. He bangs one lat time before a bullet hits his shoulder and he falls to the side, a loud groan leaving his lips. Paige tsks as she points the gun down at him, shaking her head.

"Your coming back to base, and the experiment will be carried out properly. But first, let's tie up loose ends hm? We can't have two time lords running around now can we?"

As she lifts her foot to kick the door in, Eleven kicks her shin hard. With a scream she falls to the ground, his knock off cheeses making him proud. He needed his back up flesh, he needed to heal himself or he wouldn't be any good. All he can do is hope Mal had heard the commotion.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Ash heard the commotion and stood up to go answer the door. At the firing of the gun she stopped and started to swear colourfully, turning to sprint into her room in search of a weapon to defend herself with. Who was that and what did they want?

Mal's eyes widened and she got up, running out the door and looked around for her room mate. Of course she vanished. Probably went scurrying in her room. Not like Mal blamed her. She herself wanted to board herself up in her room and hide there. But she had to go out there. Normally if there was a gun shot in these parts she'd hole herself up and wait it out. But considering the sort of crap her and the Doctor went to, her head instantly assumed it was him and trouble.

As soon as she ripped open the door to her apartment, she realized she was right. There was a blond girl standing there with a gun. She appeared to be in pain but Mal hardly cared. Guns were bad... So without giving it much of a thought she attacked Paige to the ground and started wrestling with the other girl for the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Of course. His shoulder isn't acting right but he gets up, using the wall as support. Mal had figured she'd act a hero, and as he takes out his sonic and points, Paige cries out and drops the now heated gun. He kicks the weapon hard and it skids all the way up the hallway. He grabs Mal with his good arm, whispering to her heatedly.

"My coat. Grab my coat, I need to fix myself, go!"

Paige is up at this point and is running, gun in her mind set.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:40 am

((Or my notifications could stop working and horde all my replies.... I've literally been on all night I could have replied sooner. My bad))

Mal scrambled to her feet the moment the gun was no longer a threat. Before she could spit a few threatening, or hopefully so, words at Paige, the Doctor grabbed her and pulled her over to him. She turned wide-eyed to stare, unsure of what was going on but could only assume it involved Torchwood.

"C-coat... yes. Right!" She spun around with a final glance back and sprung back into the apartment in search for the Doctor's coat. Mal checked the kitchen first for reasons she didn't even know before smacking her forehead and sprinting to her room. She collided with the door and stumbled in, grabbing his coat which was draped on the back of her chair.

Without hurting herself but still moving as fast as she could, she returned to the hallway of the apartment with the requested item at hand. Where was everyone when you needed them? Wouldn't they hear this commotion and call the police? But she knew they were much like her and just wanted to stay out of business that wasn't theirs. Keep themselves safe. There was a bit of gang activity that went on around these parts that intimidated people and kept them quiet.

With a shake to her head, Mal thrust the coat into the Doctor's hand while eyeing Paige who had managed to take hold of the gun.

"You dirty little hoe!" Ash was saying as she trudged out of the apartment with surprising speed. She had a steel pole in her hand which alarmed Mal. Where had she gotten that? And what was it Ash was planning to do? Surely she wasn't going to attack the blond... But Mal was wrong. As Ash neared she swung and managed to clip the other girl in the shoulder. She then continued the gesture, hitting her torso and limbs but never connecting pole to head. Mal's room mate had enough trouble with the law as it was and didn't need a murder on her hands. But no one messed with her people, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 9:37 am

"Well done!"

He would smile fondly before taking Mal's hand. His shoulder was now void of all feeling. He was glad he had taken as much flesh as he did and he looks at his companion with sorrowful eyes.

"Mal, we need to leave. Torchwood is bound to come reclaim this one and if we they get a chance they won't hesitate to slaughter anyone who gets in their way. I can get us money and we need to go to the bus station. We need to go to Cardiff."

He speaks in a low voice, weary of the blonde woman. Paige has been such a good child, he never wanted her to turn out like this. With a disappointed look toward her he looks to Ash.

"I left money under that horrid vase you like near the t.v. But take it, pay rent for a few months and then go on holiday. I was saving it for other things but dirty money isn't something I'm to proud of."

Ash would nod, and hopefully not question him. He looks
To Mal, squeezing her hand.

"Ready?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:11 am

Mal wrung her hands together, eyes darting around to assess the situation. Paige was on the ground in obvious pain. She was conscious but didn't seem to favour the thought of movement. Ash was standing over the blond, a hand on her hip while the other propped the pole on her shoulder. Her room mate looked a bit proud of herself though when she turned her attention to Mal and "John" her face shifted to concern.

"They won't bother Ash, right? We did live here. What if they take her and ask her questions and that s-sorta crap you see on cop shows?" Mal bit the inside her cheek as she fidgeted on the spot. This was not the ideal situation for anyone but she'd have to obey and go along with it if she wanted to live. Would Torchwood just kill people like that for no other reason than they got in their way? Thinking back to the meteor crash when she was sixteen Mal answered her own question. They didn't have a problem with killing so she wouldn't put it passed them to do pointless 'slaughtering'.

"Oh, shut up, ya bony wanker. You like that vase too." Ash started slowly to walk over to them, eyeing them but not asking questions. "Thanks, I s'pose. I don't know what sort of trouble you got into but I wish you luck. Try not to screw yourselves over. Call me, babe." With that she gave Mal a quick hug before retreating into her flat.

Mal let out a shuddering breath and grabbed the Doctor's hand. "No, I'm not. But let's go."
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:32 pm

"She'll be fine if she listens and I hope she gets the hang of doing so and now. I can get us money, the station is a few blocks up. We'll get there and we'll get what we need. I have a friend left in Cardiff and I'm hoping he won't mind putting us up. Now keep close, and don't wander off."

He takes her hand, long legs taking even longer strides. He's looking over his shoulder, his sonic clenched in his drooping hand. He'd have to hold off on a fix until he could be sure they'd be off right away. He feels his jacket, the unprogrammed flesh writhing.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Mal nodded her head in understanding and glanced back at her flat. What if this was the last time she ever saw it? Well, it would be an improvement. Hopefully whoever the Doctor's friend was in Cardiff could help keep Torchwood off their tail and find them a place to stay that wouldn't require Mal to stay huddled indoors for the rest of her life. Jeez, when did she start thinking like that? Wasn't remaining indoors her ideal living condition? It's harder to get in trouble when you don't go out to encounter danger after all.

It was hard to keep up with the Doctor's strides. The pace was fast and she was already worn down from what the past week offered her. That much became evident when she began to slow. She didn't mean to but the exhaustion was still sitting heavily in Mal's joints.

"How're we gonna get to Cardiff, Doc? Torchwood must be monitoring the train and bus stations. I don't have a car... your manipulator is gone. Not like that's the ideal way to travel anyway." Mal added the last part mostly to herself. She recalled what it felt like to go through the vortex. It made her feel sick and weak, not a fun feeling. Though that wouldn't be much different than how she felt currently.
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 pm

He smiles at her as he tugs out what looks like a random scrap of metal out of the depths of his pockets. He had tinkered with the manipulator when he had it and he remembered what he needed to make one. He hadn't succeeded but had made an interesting discovery.

"I made a perception filter, but this one is a bit stronger. This'll cancel us out completely from human eyes. Torchwood staff is trained to an extent and as much as I hate using heavy duty things like this, we can't risk them finding you. It has limited power, so we have two days tops before it gives way... then I have to find a way to get rid of it, I think the Thames might do us the favor, explosion might not be to big after all. Now, give me your hand..."

He stops at a corner, the alley behind them dark. He'd take his own first and a slot lay ontop of the scrap heap. The light came to life as he placed his finger on the pad and he hisses when his finger is jabbed roughly. A piece of flesh is taken into the heap and one of the lights on the side goes green. Three more lights flickered next to it, a weary looking yellow. he looks at her, reassuring her.

"I don't bleed, but you do so it won't rip you up, go ahead."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:29 pm

"You're saying that thing is gonna blow up in two days? And you want us to carry it around? That's reassuring." Mal's sarcastic tone was thick. She wasn't really mad or anything, just anxious and tired and wanting to get out of here and sleep.

The device in his hand interested her. Technology was not her strong suit so staring at it was probably like a caveman discovering fire. She even winces when the Doctor hisses. Oh, that was... interesting. What did that do? She wanted to ask a bunch of unnecessary questions though her learning about this thing wasn't important at a time like this so she clamped her mouth shut.

"Eh.. that's gross. Oh man..." Mal bit her bottom lip as she mimicked his gesture and squeaked when her finger was pricked. "Ow! God... okay, what now?" She was forever turning to others for direction and wondered when or if she'd ever learn to help herself. But she didn't think she'd be able to come up with a decent plan without someone there to bounce ideas off of. But this was unfamiliar territory so she left it up to the Doctor to lead her around. He was rather clever.
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:41 am

"Now were invisible, which is going to be hard to get used too, I hate being ignored you know."

He slips the heap back into a pocket, the station up ahead. Right near the entrance an ATM sign was lit brightly, and he pulls her along, sonic out. The machine gives way easily and he slips money into his coat before studying her under the harsh fluorescents. She was tired and obviously over worked in the emotional department. He looks at the bus schedule by the door, the one heading towards Cardiff leaving in fifteen minutes. He wraps his arm around her shoulder, lesson her towards the lot. They integrate into the crowd, no one looking at them or bothering to care. As he seats them down in the back, he whispers excitedly.

"Looks like their slow! We'll get out of here without to much-"

And then a man in black riot gear and broad shoulders steps onto the bus. The driver is angry, lashing out and letting him know the schedule is tight. He's silenced with a slap. The man turns back towards the others, voice menacing.

"I'm looking for a man who wears a bow tie and has
Long brown hair. He's 5'11 and lanky. Anyone know anything?"

He walks along the aisles, peering in.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Mal looked at the Doctor curiously and felt a small grin twitch her lips. Of course he liked being noticed, he was quite egotistical and high on himself. Though he wasn't the type to think solely of himself so there was that to balance it all out. It was a nice and highly amusing at times.

She stifled and yawn and rubbed at her eyes as the Doctor took money from the ATM. Thinking about it would mean being guilty so she chose to push it out of mind and convince herself it was necessary if they wanted to live. Which, quite frankly she did. Dying would totally suck right about now.

Mal followed around wordlessly, just eager to get on the bus and get the hell out of town. Hopefully Cardiff would be safer. Much safer. She leaned into the Doctor' body as they take their seats, feeling herself already lolling off. Oh it would be nice to sleep even if it was just for two hours. Or one hour. Or ten minutes. But the gruff voice of a man shook her out of her thoughts of slumber.

Her eyes darted up to the Doctor and even though he said they were invisible she was worried. At least he wasn't wearing his bow tie. That thought oddly calmed her down. Well, if worse came to worse they could always hit and run. As in beat that man to a pulp and flee faster than he recovered. But man, was he ever intimidating.

"You're sure that little device is going to work, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Before he can answer the guard is in front of them. His eyes try to focus and He can practically see the cogs in his mind turn. His training is trying to kick in, but, It can't seem to decipher the strength of the perception filter. He looks harder, leans in. the bus had gone quiet, everyone stalk still, but they can't see them either. The guard squints, one last resort before turning on his heel and walking back down the aisle before exiting. The bus starts up and their on their way soon enough. He turns to Mal, grinning.

"It's strong. It hides us, but human instinct is a bit over powering. He knew something was here, but he chose to follow every other sense but the true guttural feeling coursing through him. In other words, it gets in your head and completely psyches you out.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Mal leaned as far from the man as she could when he got closer. She felt as if the guy was looking right through their little trick and could gather the two up, take them away and use or dispose of them as they saw fit. She shivered and watched with relief as the guard retreated off the bus. Her shoulders sagged as she relaxed.

"Well, human instinct is pretty strong. I think. But yeah, speaking from e-experience the human mind fools us." Mal sighed and rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes. "I'm just glad we're leaving them behind. That's one less thing weighing me down." With another sigh she brought her hand up to cover her face. It seemed pointless since no one could see her but it made her feel better. It was easier to hide the tears this way, at least. She wasn't sobbing, wasn't showing any other sign of crying besides the salty tears running from her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:29 pm

He holds her. They had a few good hours, maybe two pit stops at shops and restaurants to look forward to at least. That would be tricky. He lays his own head on top of hers, kissing her hair and rubbing her back. She was delicate. Once she fell asleep he'd mend his shoulder, and now his finger. He was rather raggedy at the mo' but he hoped that he didn't take much more hits. He wants to laugh at the wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:42 pm

"I'd be dead by now if it wasn't for you." Mal whispered softly, sniffing slightly as she wiped the last of her tears away. She was drifting off, that feeling of security settling into place again as she laid in his embrace. Things would work out. They had to. Taking in a breath she let to out and finally fell into a dreamless sleep. It was about time. The rest was long overdo and she was finally catching up on it. At this moment there was nothing to worry about except resting her exhausted mind and strengthening herself so she could face whatever the future had in store.
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:58 pm

He holds her, shoulder forgotten. He needs to take her in he realizes. She was the mother of a new race, and he was the father. He was a father again and that could only mean he wasn't going to stay one for long. Maybe his children would turn on him, maybe they'd die because of him... Maybe Mal would kill him before that happened. He hoped for the latter, because he wanted his family safe... whether he was alive or not.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Groggily, Mal began to stir. The bus had just stopped in Cardiff, the driver announcing their arrival. Was that what woke her? The haze in her mind was still sitting there, urging her to go back to sleep. It was a little more than inviting though she didn't allow herself to close her eyes again. She poked at the Doctor until he moved and she mumbled almost incoherently, "I think we made it... where're we going? Bleh, I could sleep for another decade. And eat a whole pie. Dang! That reminds me I left the apple pie at Ash's... not that that matters."
Back to top Go down
Matt Smith
Student
Student
Matt Smith

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:39 pm

He gently gets her up, smiling at how groggy she is. The bus slowly empties and he leads them out into the rainy city of Cardiff. The streets are dark and a pie and chips shop was near. He takes her hand, and they walk across the street and into the eatery. If He speaks to someone, and fimr, usually they can see past the perception for a short time. He does just that and doesn't even bother paying, the cashier forgetting them instantly. Two meat pies and large orders of chips. He settles them down, pulling his small jar of flesh out and grinning at her.

"Better get to work eh?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Run While You Can   Run While You Can - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Run While You Can
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: