Wait, You're Who?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:20 pm

((Closed to River, Nine, Robin, and Mal... I'm Mal <__<))

Run, little girl, while you still can.  Mal walked down the streets of Cardiff with her hood shadowing her face and hands stuffed in her pockets.  That line, that single line had burned itself in her mind and was repeated over and over throughout her day.  Normally she saw Robin being shot too but ever since she found out the young red-head was alive that image had evaporated like mist on a sunny day.  

Walks were nice.  They use to clear her mind.  Now they were simply an escape from the reminders.  The reminders that something in her future would turn her into a monster.  Reminders that she wasn't the only one she had to look out for.  There were at least two people she felt she needed to protect.  One she couldn't help but feel resentment for, and the other... well it was complicated.  He was meant to protect her but soon she would disappear.  She would run because she was warned.  Because she saw.  

"Where can I go where they won't see me?"  Mal muttered to herself bitterly as she kicked a stone from the pavement.  She stopped and looked around, realizing she was in an industrial area and sighed.  The residence part was several minutes back.  She wasn't aware she had been walking that long.  Perhaps she should head back before people got worried.  

Twisting on her heels, Mal started to walk back but stopped.  What was that?  A flash off to her left.  Her eyes darted to the area which happened to be an alley.  Of course, it was always an alley, wasn't it?  She almost felt like running back to the flat she was staying in but that blasted curiosity got the better of her.  With a pumping heartbeat she slowly walked over to the dark space between the two warehouses.  What... what could that have been?

Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:37 pm

The Doctor poked his head out of the TARDIS doors, his TARDIS, the one Sonya stole then completely changed around, not to mention it took months of work just to get the crazy Time Lord's energy out of the matrix. With a fond pat on the frame, he shut the door behind him and set off walking. He had no idea where he was, or why they landed there, but when in Rome he supposed. Turning the corner, he spotted an old and familiar companion, causing his usual cheerful grin to spread even wider as he picked up the pace to catch up with her.

Falling into step beside Mal, he continued walking in silence, waiting for an explanation as to why she was trying to sneak up on a warehouse before a faint noise caught his attention. Flashing a grin at the girl, he crept forward and stopped at the corner, listening for another sound to echo out of the small space between buildings. "If we keep running into each other like this, people will begin to talk." He finally murmured to her when she stopped next to him, his attention focused on what was hiding in the shadows. "Honestly, if Sonya saw us-" He cut himself off and shook his head without another word. It still hurt to mention the Time Lady.

River Song
Newb
Newb
River Song

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:59 pm

It wasn't long ago that River had kissed her husband goodbye. It had been three of them: her, the Doctor, and Jim the Fish. Good ol' Jim! Now, there was a guy who knew how to have a good time. Karaoke was king when it came to the three of them, and that fish certainly knew his scales--River shook her head at that and rolled her eyes, Doctor joke, she thought with a chuckle. Oh, he was shameless with his puns sometimes. A couple glasses of champagne and some good natured ribbing saw her and the Doctor on stage, belting out their favorite duet. They made quite the team, the two of them, especially once her husband started to really feel the groove. A few hours later, River was ready to go home, while the Doctor wanted to stay and give Jim tips on creating the optimum mud strength for his dam. River had insisted that she use her vortex manipulator rather than have him leave in the TARDIS, and the Doctor in turn had insisted on plugging in the coordinates for her and sonicing her away. That was her mistake.

"I should never let Him Indoors do the steering..." She muttered to herself, casting her eyes about her surroundings. She was a long way from her flat near Luna University--about 400,000 kilometers away. Bless, she mused, at least he got the right galaxy.

And because she recognized her surrounding as Earth--Cardiff, if she was correct--and she wasn't quite ready to turn in (and she was still a bit buzzed), she decided to stroll about for a short while. Nothing interesting caught her attention for a few minutes as she went, humming the lyrics to their song as she went. But then, she caught sight of something interesting.

Just a few yards away was that iconic blue box. And not too far from that, a man--the Doctor, she recognized from pictures, and a girl in a hoodie. The Doctor was young and the girl she didn't know.  She approached them with a smirk, curiosity getting the better of her.

"Hello Sweetie," and that was bad, because she'd never met this Doctor, and he had no idea who she was. She could always use the lipstick on him if he wasn't meant to know her yet. That's what she told herself, anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:40 pm

((Nat told me to move on without her. So she'll try to pop in and if she an't we'll just go on without *shrug*))

Mal was so focussed on the alley she didn't even notice she attracted company. Her face was twisted in intense concentration as she stared into the depth of the alley, trying to see what it was that was surely there. The flash usually indicated the arrival of some being that had access to vortex manipulation of some sort. That aspect was always associated with a flash as far as Mal could tell. It wasn't until the Doctor had moved that she noticed him. It caught her off guard and she panicked, almost giving herself a heart attack.

After calming her breathing she eyed him with a frown before coming up with a response to his jest, "Oh, please, you like it when they talk. I'm beginning to think that's why you come looking for me." Mal elected to ignore his comment about Sonya. That Time Lady was someone she no longer knew so saved herself the pain and just decided to forget her all together. Perhaps that was a cruel thing to do but as far as she was informed Sonya wouldn't care. Not any more.

She opened her mouth to make a comment about the light she saw but was interrupted by a woman's voice. Mal stood up straight and her eyes snapped to the voice to see someone approaching. Whoa, talk about hair. She wasn't missing out on that aspect, was she? "... Sweetie?" Instantly her eyes narrowed with suspicion and interest. The scent of alcohol didn't go unnoticed. Oh, man, please don't let this be one of Cardiff's many lusty women. Mal would probably melt through the pavement if her and the Doctor started hitting it off in a way she really didn't want to be witness to.

"Uh.... right..." Her gaze landed on the Doctor before returning to River. "Right! Hi there. I'm Mal and this is the Doctor. Of what or who, you might ask? Just the Doctor. There you go, Doc, I made your intros for ya. Now go be friendly while I see what's in the alley, eh?." For those who didn't know her, Mal sounded very cheerful and swell. For those who did know her she sounded very cheerful and swell. The difference? Mal wasn't cheerful nor swell. It should appear forced and weird.

Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:47 pm

The Doctor glanced over at the woman then back down the alleyway only to do a double-take. He knew her, oh did he know her. He had heard enough stories from various companions that had met River to know who she was and what she was to him in the future. Working his jaw for a moment, he glanced sideways at Mal as she spoke, silently amused at her reaction. "Hello, River." He finally stated, flashing a forced smile at her then turned back around to look down the alleyway with Mal.

"If you don't mind, I'm trying to see what is hiding here. So would you..?" He waved a hand at River without looking, indicating she should move so her shadow didn't block the small amount of light that did make it into the shadows. One thing he didn't need was to be caught up by his future self's wife. In fact, it was the last thing he needed at the moment, why wouldn't she just go and find someone else that had the time to listen?

Turning back to Mal, he slipped his sonic out and grinned brightly. "Come on then, might as well see what's waiting for us. Deadly or not, we'll end up meeting it eventually. Let's keep it on our terms, yeah?" Without waiting for a response, he slipped around the corner and began walking into the dark, his sonic buzzing away as he tried scanning for anything that might be hiding out of his line of sight. "Come on, Mal. You aren't any safer out there."

River Song
Newb
Newb
River Song

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:36 am

River blinked a couple of times. It wasn't often that she was caught off guard, and it was even more seldom that she was caught off guard by the Doctor. How in the universe did he know who she was? And, blimey, they seemed only to get ruder the younger they got! River bristled a bit at his dismissive air, and looked from him to Mal, and back again, then down into the ally. Well, it seemed like her night was a long way from ending. And, it seemed the Doctor always had dived into things without doing proper scans first.

"I think I can help with that," she started, and reached into her pocket to grab her scanner. Scanner, meson blaster, diary--rarely left home without them. River smirked at them, and held out the device, checking the ally way for any activity. "Are we expecting something dangerous? Oh, that should be exciting!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:49 am

Mal glanced at the Doctor in surprise.  Oh, so he knew her?  Awkward.  She slowly looked over at the other woman and rubbed the back of her head.  There were no words for this.  Though once the Doctor beckoned her to follow she fell back on words she always relied on: sarcastic ones.  "Thanks, that's so reassuring.  You always know what to say to fill me up with hope and comfort."  Her anxiety was picking up again but she slowly crept forward.

"Oh, god.  Why's it that everyone I meet is such a risk junky?"  Huffing out a dramatic sigh she cast another look at River before fully turning in interest.  Hey, her diary looked a lot like... Well, that explained a lot.  Was she an old companion then?  It made her wonder why the Doctor stopped travelling with her.  Well based on his reaction in seeing her maybe they had a falling out.  It was possible that maybe she travelled with a future incarnation or even past.  It would explain why River was never mentioned.  Actually, the only person she can recall the Doctor ever mentioning was Sonya.  Unimportant information, right?  Anyway, you look at someone like River and wonder why the Doctor ever bothers with people like Mal.  Useless, scared, and full of complaints.  

She decided to just go with it.  The worse that could happen was.... a lot of things.  Mal had probably been through worse anyway.  And look, she was still alive.  She just hoped whatever was in the alley wouldn't try to use her for an alien invasion.  That happened once.  It wasn't the grandest of experiences.

The alley was silent, of course it was.  It was silent, dark, eerie.  Nothing indicated that someone or thing was there.  How could there be bloody nothing?  But then it happened.  The sound of cranking echoed between the warehouses, gears forced to turn and hold.  Another bout of silence ensued and another flash of light was seen.  That's when the place came to life.  The first note struck the air and shot a shiver straight up Mal's back.  Her eyes went wide with shock, she was frozen to the spot.  A lullaby played out from a music box, the notes gentle and relaxing.  Except Mal seemed even more nervous and tense than she had been a few moments before.

"B-b-but that's... that's... that's Sirus's... Sirus wrote that... how.... ?"  It was as if someone drained all the blood from Mal's face.  She was white and swayed on the spot from the lightness that danced in her head.  Don't pass out.  Don't pass out!  Breathe, woman!  At least she managed to listen to herself, though each inhale sounded laboured.  

Mal had to go in there.  She had to see what it was.  Screw it, she pushed herself forward and nudged the Doctor out of the way as she proceeded down the alleyway.  It wasn't until she was a few steps ahead that she began to wonder if this was a trap to lure her in.  Some alien was using her memories or something to draw her close enough.  It was probably a carnivore.  Preparing itself to feast on Mal's skinny body.  The thoughts didn't stop her from propelling herself forward.

The music was getting louder, she was getting closer.  And finally she was standing in front of a silver music box.  The lid was open, a dirty piece of paper and a key lay within.  Bending, she snatched up the note and read it.  The content forced her to sit on the ground.  Mal looked absolutely dumbfounded and frightened.  It was the same note she read two years ago with the thirteenth Doctor.  The note that said someone had taken the vortex manipulator Xeltia had given her.  The one that promised she would see it again one day. There was an add on to the note, an arrow. Flipping the note over she read a new message on the back:

I knew this would catch your attention.  Cardiff, what an interesting place.  If you want to run you're not doing a very good job of it.  I suggest playing my little game, it'll make things move much faster.  The Wyndham Arcade holds the next key.

Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:13 pm

The Doctor suppressed a groan as River piped up with her legendary perkiness over possible danger and followed Mal into the shadows, his eyes landing on the note in her hands and crouching down beside her, a hand resting on the woman's shoulder lightly for comfort. "We can't stay here. You know as well as I do, whoever left this is still near the area, watching your reaction." He murmured to her in an undertone he knew River wouldn't hear. Why did that blasted woman have to show up? Swan off and find another Doctor that gives a damn, because he sure didn't.

Standing back up, he held a hand out to Mal for her to help her to her feet again, his eyes flicking over to River then back down at the woman in front of him. Blimey, why was she just staring there, with that odd smile on her face? It was beginning to bother him, well, irk was more like it. Something just didn't settle with him when she was near or even talked about. That was his future and even considering the little factor he didn't actually have a future anymore, just the one regeneration now, his others running about like separate people... He just couldn't resist the slight crawling of skin when she was around. "Come on, Mal. Get up. Unless you'd rather become part of the metal siding around here." He said lightly, his usual grin flashing across his face.

River Song
Newb
Newb
River Song

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:00 pm

River stood back, tinkering with her scanner and surveying the scene in front of her at the same time. When there was another flash of light, River tutted and frowned slightly.

"Whatever it was, it came and left too quickly for my scanner to pick up." She pocketed her scanner once again, and entered the ally. The girl was sitting on the ground, turning a bit of paper over in her hands, and there was something that looked like a music box in front of her. The Doctor was holding his hand out to Mal, and River noticed that he had taken a moment to glance back at her, and he didn't have the fondest of expressions in his eyes. Oh, so it was going to be one of those sort of meetings. She'd met number one before, and he was certainly a crotchety sort--it hadn't been fun kissing him into forgetfulness, that was for certain. And here was another face, she'd have to check her diary to be certain which, and she could just sense how...unwelcoming he was. Blimey, she thought.

River lifted her eyes from the paper to the girl holding it, and though she'd just met her, she felt concern for her. Whatever all this was, it didn't seem to mean good things for Mal. "Are you alright?" she asked, "What is all this?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Mal seemed frozen as she stared unseeingly at the paper.  Who could this be?  Torchwood immediately came to mind though she wasn't sure if that made any sense.  If the organization had means of time and space transportation why would they take her vortex manipulator only to give it back now?  It couldn't be just to play this sick game with her, right?  But that didn't make any sense either, did it?  A billion more questions ran through her head to distract her but she faintly registered the Doctor offering his hand and took it gingerly.  

Once on her feet she had to grab the lapel of the Time Lord's leather jacket to stop from falling over.  The expression on her face was very grave when she looked at River.  The first question was ignored, she hadn't been okay for four years.  Clearing her throat, she finally piped up, "Good question, yes.  What is this?  It's- it's- I'm going to explain what this is.  Or what I think it is.  C-could be lots of things."

Mal's eyes glazed as she looked around blindly.  She broke away from the Doctor and began to pace around, obviously thinking over a mile a minute.  "Torchwood has been... has been looking for me recently.  Could be them, yeah?  They- I- uhm..."  Absently she wrapped her arms around her stomach, never stilling her pacing or even looking at her company.  "Long story short they're lookin' to either capture me or kill me.  Same with the Doctor.  Well, they want to capture him for... for reasons.  Not this Doctor, no.  An older one. A different one.  But I didn't think... they wouldn't promote me running from them unless it's a trap, right?  So maybe it isn't Torchwood.  A long time ago Xeltia gave me a vortex manipulator but I buried it out of town.  When I ran into the thirteenth incarnation of the Doctor- I went to get it a-and this note was the only thing there. But it doesn't make sense. Who would take it and how'd they know where it was? Maybe I have stalker..."

She walked over and pushed the note in the Doctor's hand before waving the key around, looking like she might go mad at any second.  "And no one knows about Sirus' Lullaby.  No one but me and him.  How could this music box exist if-" Her eyes went wide and she spun around to face them. "Oh.. oh! Could it be him? No. Yes! Maybe..."

Stop relying on other people to look after you. You're a whiny, worthless, little girl. Shut up and take things into your own hands, Aravis. Jesus.

Thinking about him hurt. Why should those memories surface now when she worked her whole life to forget him? Because she was sure he had forgotten her. Unless, of course, this was his doing. But why? How? At least he was right about one thing, she should stop being a clingy, should stop complaining, and should probably start making her own decisions on things concerning her life.

"Two options, then. Go to Wyndham and find out what the hell people want from me or I could relocate for the third time and hope my tracks are lost. Again. They'd find me again though, wouldn't they? Man, if this is a trap then I'm being stupid for fallin' into it. But I'm going for it. " She tried to keep the fear and doubt off her face and out of her voice but failed miserably.

Sauntering over to the Doctor, she placed both hands on his shoulders and stared with her wide eyes. "You'll come with me, I know you will. Wouldn't pass up a chance to watch me curl up and die on the streets, I'm sure." Turning, she addressed River with an awkward little point. "You're the only one with a gun. I-I'm not one for killing but in this situation... well I don't know. Oh, I-I should probably ask if you'r even interested in accompanying us..."

Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Pulling away from Mal's hands, the Doctor glanced down at the note curiously, reading over what it said and flipping over to the other side so he could read what was there as well with a curious look on his face. "I don't have anything else to do besides go bother the people of Sintak IIII, easily bothered Sintarians, mention their skin color is different and they start shooting at you..." He trailed off, trying to recollect his thoughts in time to hear Mal mention River and her gun, causing his jaw to clench tightly. Of course she had to come, blimey, couldn't he get a break just once? Without another word, he glanced over at River before turning around and walking out of the alleyway, a determined expression replacing his irritated one.

"Come on then, I don't wait for anyone or go back for them either. So get moving." He called over his shoulder, already unlocking the TARDIS door and stepping inside as he spoke. Looking around the control room, he felt a different tune to her humming and grimaced slightly. Of course she would be happy to see River, from what he's heard they were close in the future... Past... "Just forget it." He grumbled, already fiddling with the controls to distract himself from irritating thoughts. Glancing up, he saw the doors were still empty and sighed, shifting over onto his other foot so he could look outside better, an impatient expression showing clearly as he lifted his hands slightly. "Well, are you going to get in or not?"

Sponsored content

Wait, You're Who?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait, You're Who?!   Wait, You're Who?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wait, You're Who?!
Page 1 of 1