Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Caomh'rai I_vote_lcapThe Caomh'rai I_voting_barThe Caomh'rai I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Caomh'rai

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

The Caomh'rai Empty
PostSubject: The Caomh'rai   The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:06 pm

The Caomh'rai

Appearance: The Caomh'rai resemble humans spot on, the only difference being their eyes and wings.  Their irises are a very pale gold or silver, almost white, in colour that shines in the sunlight.  On their backs they have white angelic wings that span 2.75 times greater than their height.  The feathers appear soft to the touch but in reality they are rough and heavy.  When in danger they can envelope themselves in a makeshift shield.  The Caomh'rai can tuck these wings flat to their back or use a special quintessence found only on their home planet, Keltahvar, to hide them.  Traditionally they wear cloaks made from photochromic material, colours are silver and gold. On their feet they wear simple sandals.

Attitude: They hold their heads high and act with nobility, honour, and valour.  They are by no mean stuck up or egotistical.  The Caomh'rai live to serve and sacrifice.

History: The Caomh'rai are not a naturally formed race.  They were partly synthesized and further evolved from Keltahvar's main species: the Shom'rai.  For millions of years Keltahvar was a hidden planet thanks to it's atmosphere being made up of Quri'stalla vapour.  Quri'stalla is an element that reflects light and hides anything coated with it.  But as the Shom'rai evolved and started travelling via teleportation, they drew the attention of species who picked up on the electromagnetic waves.  The invisible planet was discovered and many tried to take it over to harvest and sell the natural resources.  The Shom'rai never had a reason to fight until this turning point in their history so were poorly armed and unable to defend themselves.  Through biological engineering the Shom'rai created the Caomh'rai in the Vale, a mountain region made of pure solidified Quri'stalla.  This allowed the foetuses to grow in solitude and remain well hidden.  And thus the asexual race of guardians was born.

Each Caomh'rai served a single Shom'rai and acted as their sole protector.  They managed to fight off any and all who attempted to take over Keltahvar.  But alas, a race of greedy aliens invaded and brought a plague that wiped out the Shom'rai.  The Caomh'rai were unaffected and prevailed as the sole race on their planet, defeating the infected ridden invaders.  After vanquishing their foe they were at a loss at what to do.  The ones they were created to protect were gone.  

They established a council that later represented their form of government within only a few weeks of the Shom'rai's extinction.  From their they devoted their lives to the rest of the universe and figured this was the reason they were chosen to live on.

Technology/Weapons:

• Core- A device that is attached to the spine and heart of the Caomh'rai.  It is their source of power if they wish to use any of the devices they're equipped with.  If the Core stops working they may not use their weapon or means of teleportation. It is implanted in the Casomh'rai foetus so they grow around it, always being part of the odd device. The energy is referred to as Quri'bossa and is fuelled by the pumping heart.
  • Torri- Blade forged with Quri'bossa and a steel-like metal found on Keltahvar.  Has magnetic and blaster abilities. This causes issues to radio waves when it is present and the blade releases a blaster pulse when it connects with any surface.  Caomh'rai can summon the blade within their hand since the weapon is stored in their Core.  If the Core ever stopps working the Caomh'rai cannot access this weapon. Long time storage of the blade when the Core is off will kill the user.
  • Teleportation Base and Orb- The Base is a massive platform with four arches located in the citadel on Keltahvar.  It was the Shom'rai's way of transportation that the Caomh'rai had adopted and perfected.  Every Caomh'rai possesses an orb that allows them to jump from planet to planet as long as the base is functional.  Each transport must start at the base.  For example if a Caomh'rai is on Earth it cannot jump to Sontar right away.  It must return to the base and then transport to Sontar from there.  Orbs are normally implanted within the body so they cannot be stolen or lost.
  • Ground Quri'stalla- Kept in pouches strapped to the Caomh'rai belts.  If one adds water to the Quri'stalla it makes the user invisible when applied.  It is their way of camouflage though creatures with keen vision can see the warped form.  Ex:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Special Attributes:

• Flight- They have wings that allow them to fly.
  • Keen Eyes- Are trained and conditioned to see through illusions.  
  • Combat- Were originally synthesized to fight and do so like gladiators.
  • Bonding-It is an unexplained phenomenon that appeared through generation and generations of evolution.  A Caomh'rai bonds only once in their life and it can be to any one being in existence.  This is how they determine who they dedicate their life to protecting.  For unknown reasons the Caomh'rai will die if their bond mate passes away.  They believe it is due to their spirits being interlinked to their charge.
  • Wings- As mentioned before their wings are very tough.  They are strong enough for days worth of flight and can endure the roughest of beatings.  Though they aren't bullet proof they dull the damage.  Can withstand extreme temperatures on either end of the scale and are used by the Caomh'rai as a shield and shelter.  

Present: A select few of fifty Caomh'rai remain in the citadel on Keltahvar to run their planet, organize transports, and govern their reproduction cycles.  Ten Caomh'rai are assigned to remain on the planet to raise the young until they are old enough to be assigned a duty.  A handful of the fifty citadel rulers act as trainers for combat and morality classes. They are also in charge of punishment that may be needed.  The rest of the population is out in the universe, bonding and protecting in every corner of the universe.

Side Note:
The most highly used words are as followed when naming items, people, and positions:
  • Rai- Race
  • Shom- Master
  • Caomh- Guardian
  • Quri- Spirit
  • Stalla- Crystal
  • Bossa- Blood
  • Torri- Blade
  • Ittoque- Portal
  • Verada- Shadow

Names of the Caomh'rai usually state what they are talented at or do with their life. It is for this reason they go unnamed until they are matured. Four titles are concrete and successor must take on the name when elected for that position. Well known Caomh'rai names/titles:

• Shom'caomh- Head of the citadel and government
  • Quri'Caomh- Spiritual leader
  • Ittoque'shom- Runs the Base for teleportations
  • Verada'Torri- Head of combat training

Last edited by Aravis Mal Vulneras on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Caomh'rai Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Caomh'rai   The Caomh'rai I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:33 pm

approved Very Happy
Back to top Go down

The Caomh'rai
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Character Creation :: Alien Creation-
Jump to: