You Didn't See Anything

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

You Didn't See Anything Empty
PostSubject: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:50 pm

((For 11, Kat, and myself))

Cardiff.  This was Cardiff?  No, no it was London.  She was shooting for London.  Hopefully she landed about a few weeks after she'd left.  Well, at least she hit the proper destination, the time couldn't be off by that much.  One, maybe two weeks?  Three?  It was getting hard to keep up with the coordinates she punched in, harder to hit her mark.  Mal always was rubbish at working bits of technology, especially something as complicated as a vortex manipulator.  But she was here now and determined to catch a glimpse.  Just one.  One single glance and she would be back where she was suppose to be.  Her timeline still curled, still bent where it should be.  It was as if it was avoiding that certain path.  She was convinced the kinks would be worked out after things laid themselves out; follow along this road and she'd be pushed to the proper place.  Being here might hurt her but after fulfilling her aching need she would return to her new home and everything would be better.

Yeah right.  Mal cleared her throat and stepped out in the London streets, pleased she was in the year 2013 yet again.  The thick black hoodie she wore covered her torso, shielding the bump that was forming on her belly, and had sleeves long enough to hide the manipulator strapped to her wrist.  It was offending, really, but handy and necessary.  The word Run had been carved crudely into the leather, taunting her every time she had to look at it.  Run, yes.  She was.  Currently in the wrong direction since she was back in her past.  

Just one last look.  Just one.  Oh, I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry, Doctor.  

Mal wasn't sure why she was even doing this to herself.  It would be so painful and she was risking things she didn't yet understand.  What would happen if he caught her and kept her here?  He knew they had to remain apart, didn't he?  What would happen to him if they remained side by side?  To her?  To it?  

It.  Is that really what I'm about to refer to it as?  Oh, there you go again.  Nutter.  Stop talking to yourself.  You're crazy enough.  

Well, in all truth she hadn't had an episode in exactly one month.  She was proud of that fact and hoped to never break the streak as long as she lived.  Well, as long as this her was aware and conscious.  God, did everything have to be so confusing?  Sometimes she hated times fluidity.  And the hate that she knew her future was even more repulsive, ever present.

In her distraction she realized she had no idea where she was.  Well, gaging the condition of the houses and other buildings in her surrounding she'd say she wasn't too far to her old apartment.  Wouldn't it be something to go back there?  Well, it would be a good place to start if she wanted to search for the Doctor.  Or maybe not.  Why would he return to that place?  Would he check up on Ash?  Maybe not.  Well how did one find an impossible man when they weren't aware where his tracks led?

Student
Eleven

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:49 pm

The Doctor had abandoned the TARDIS on some street corner several hours ago. He hadn't planned to end up here, the big old box just refused to land elsewhere. Clapping his hands together, he rounded the corner sharply and glanced up at the old apartment building. It was Mal's, wasn't it? He hadn't seen her in quite some time, busy running around with Clara, sometimes even Amy. There was Loren too, as well as his time running about with Sonya in Ancient Greece. The Doctor just never had the time to stop. But glancing around the busy streets and up to the apartment building, he found he couldn't move his feet. "Right. Yes, complete accident. Didn't mean to come. Going now. Not interfering."

Almost out of habit, the Doctor pulled his sonic screwdriver from the pocket of his coat, tapping the air with it's tip. He stared at it for a stern moment before pocketing it again.

It was London, 2013. Now, that confused him more than it should have. He didn't understand why the TARDIS would pinpoint this location and refuse to go anywhere else, but he wasn't protesting... Anymore.

Smoothing down his vest and straightening his bow tie, the Doctor wandered further away from the apartment building. He didn't even know if Mal was here or not. Keeping tabs on people would generally be an easy thing to do, but lately he wasn't doing it so well. So he would walk back to the TARDIS, check on Mal in a different way. Maybe pick up a new fez.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:05 pm

With a wary sigh Mal kept on walking.  She decided to head to the apartment just to check anyway.  Checking wouldn't hurt.  If anything she could let Ash know she was still alive.  The way they left probably caused great concern to her room mate even though most days Mal was convinced she was a sociopath.  But there was the odd time Ash would show her affections and whatnot.  Would Torchwood have bothered her old room mate ever since that day...?  Would they have swooped in and taken Ash away, beat her if she couldn't answer their questions?  The thought made Mal's heart pick up speed and her pace quickened as well.  Surely they wouldn't have, right?  Though they did seem desperate enough to use those measures.  

Torchwood would still be lingering around London, wouldn't they?  Would they be able to track Mal? She wasn't sure what she would do if she ran into Eliza or even Paige.  Yes, she could get away using the device strapped to her wrist but there was no guarantee she would be able to use it in time.  Paranoia was starting to kick in and she shifted her eyes from left to right, fully expecting a squad to just spring out at her in a second's time.

Just keep your head down and everything will be fine.

But the sound of approaching footsteps caused the petite girl to jerk her head up.  She felt alarm run through her, irrational fear that her anxiety had instilled was present.  It permanently worked to keep her 'flight' instinct in top shape.  His familiar figure caused Mal to freeze up.  Half of her brain was screaming at her to dive behind the garbage can off to her left.  If he saw her there was no telling what his reaction would be.  He was hell bent on keeping her safe yet without even a single word Mal had ran.  Wouldn't he be distraught, enraged, depressed?  Though the way he was walking didn't suggest any of those.  How did he feel that she had separated the two of them so she could fix things herself?  It wasn't a selfish move, she was warned one of them would die if they remained together.  The other half of her brain was telling her to say something, to run up and hug him, she was just overly pleased to see him again.  But that would prove to be emotional suicide.  Her hormones were chaos lately and she only had the life form growing inside her to blame.  Despite everything, even her intense need to protect the kid, Mal still held some resentment towards the thing.  It spawned due to Torchwood's influence, an outcome of selfish need for experimentation.  To see if it was possible to create a Time Lord with a Flesh copy and a mere human girl with the odd psyche.  

Of course, like all decisions that had fallen unto Mal, she remained where she was as she debated what to do.  Well, it seemed too late to dive behind the garbage can since he'd hear her.  Hell, he definitely saw her standing there just staring at him with a doe eyed expression.  Mal began to anticipate the rage she had seen in him countless times before her departure.  She recalled avoiding him for an entire week after witnessing her future self murder one of her best friends.  He was no less than furious.  When she had returned he wouldn't even open the door for her.  Instead he had demanded in a terrifying tone why he should even let her in the apartment.  How could now be any different?  Now there were even more things to worry about, countless things he felt he needed to shield her from.  The words he spoke to her at Madame Vastra's echoed in her head: 'You stay with me, here, be with me. Don't you dare leave me, don't you ever in your life think you can leave us. Don't lose to whatever is going on, don't give up on our family before it's even started.'

Student
Archiving and Artifice

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:23 pm

Kat stuffed her hands in her pockets and sighed. The past week had been incredibly boring. No matter how hard and how closely she looked and searched, no interesting possibilities seemed to appear. It was becoming maddening. She slipped a hand into the backpack sling over her shoulder and pulled out a plain, black book. You haven't been helpful either. Kat let out an unhappy sigh and stuffed the book back into the bag. Oh well... It's still better than World War Two. Something bright hovered at the corner of her vision, and she quickly turned to see it. A smile came and she turned on her heel and began walking toward an apartment complex.
Back to top Go down
Eleven
Student
Student
Eleven

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:33 pm

The Doctor hesitated before pointing briskly at Mal, a goofy smile lighting up his face before determination set in his eyes. "Mal! Hello! Ah, I... I was just in the neighborhood." Immediately, he paused, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked around the street before looking back at Mal. "That's a lie. I told a fib. Wasn't in the neighborhood. TARDIS took me here. Did you change something?" He clasped his hands together before shifting his eyes to behind Mal and towards a girl in the distance, smiling about something going through that head of her's.

But his TARDIS was so close behind him, concealed in the darkness of an alleyway, that he knew he could just skip on out of this awkward situation. Mal was just staring at him. They'd met before, haven't they? Of course they had. He remembered that. With Clara. Oh, Clara. Where has she been?

"Well, if you did change something, I don't think I like it." He mumbled slowly, taking several steps back towards the alley. If he could just get to the TARDIS, it'd be fine. If he was to look over his shoulder, he'd be able to see the outline of the blue box.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Confusion hit her hard as she looked at the Doctor with a queer expression. His words just weren't making any sense. But the piece of the puzzle clicked after a few moments. Why hadn't she thought of the possibilities? This wasn't the Doctor she was expecting. This wasn't her Doctor. If it was he wouldn't be so... so... well he wouldn't be like this. This was the face of a man who had no idea what she had gone through. This was the man she hadn't seen for two years. Well, unless you wanted to get technical in which case she had seen his face quite often before a month ago.

The Doctor was trying to make a retreat but Mal couldn't let him go. She reached out and grabbed his arm, kept him in place and never took her eyes off of him. "You wouldn't like it, would you? Do you even know what it is? Come on, then, you must be aware of it. I'm sorry.... You haven't seen me for a while yet you.. you did something for me. Do you have any idea what it is? I-I have questions for you. Something to- to discuss, I suppose." She began to quiver then, swallowing down the nerves that were beginning to shake her up and cause her grief. This wasn't the plan. Mal had to vanish, she had to. This was risking too much and yet the pure bred Time Lord form of her Doctor had captured her attention. It was so weird staring at the familiar face but knowing he had no idea. None. Maybe she should be disturbed. Maybe she shouldn't say anything.

The sound of approaching footsteps caused Mal to whip around and watch as a girl walked in their direction. She didn't recognize her and was just relieved the stranger didn't appear to work for Torchwood. With all this stress wrecking her she wondered how she was still breathing. How had she not had a heart attack? Her eyes scanned the approaching figure and once she came to the decision to remain cautiously aware of her, she turned back to the Doctor with pleading eyes.

Student
Archiving and Artifice

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Kat takes her book out once more and skims through it's pages, speaking quietly to herself. Her mind worked for a reason to approach, but nothing came. If we have no reason to approach, then let us observe.
But observation is so boring!
We shall observe.
She walks parallel to the two people she's found and stands quietly in the darkest spot available.
Back to top Go down
Eleven
Student
Student
Eleven

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 6:15 pm

"Idea. Yes, of course I have an idea." The Doctor managed to exclaim, his eyes glancing everywhere but to Mal herself. He would look up at the buildings to their sides, then to the sidewalk, then to the girl casually watching them. Casually watching them. Is there something casual about watching two people clearly have an awkward conversation? The Doctor turned his eyes back over to Mal, lifting his free arm to scratch his cheek.

Awkward. A very good word for this conversation. "No. Fine. No idea." He stated sharply before pulling his arm quickly away from Mal. He clamped his hands together and took a leap back, pretending to check his watch at some point in there. "Oh, but a discussion. Those I'm okay with. Sort of. Unless you're a judge-y politician with a black beard." The Doctor grimaced at the memory. It wasn't a fond one. Straightening his vest out of the unnecessary habit, the Doctor took another step back. "Anyway! Maybe next time. Need to pop out and feed a goat tiny little cheese square things. Not really sure what they are, but the goats love them." He was whispering like it was some secret, though it was to be done at some festival in 17th century France.

By now, the Doctor had slowly retreated back into the shadows of the alley, his back pressed against the TARDIS doors. But something had stopped him. He gently rubbed his index finger and thumb together thoughtfully as he lowered his head. "Are you pregnant?" His voice was light and it was an honest question. He sounded curious, just like he had been when he had asked Amy so long ago with that Dream Lord. But it felt different when he was asking Mal.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:30 am

Mal swallowed hard as she let her arm fall limply to her side, watching the Doctor back away. He was leaving her, retreating, getting out. And he was rambling again. He rambled his way through everything and that was just the way he coped and squeezed himself out of these situations, wasn't it? The ramblings seemed unimportant and trivial but she couldn't bring herself to say anything to stop his pointless flow of words. Mal looked utterly dejected and clueless. What then? She wasn't even sure what she'd wanted to ask him in the first place. 'Why' just seemed to general and she highly doubted he'd give an honest answer anyway. Even if he did she was certain it would be too difficult to understand, or maybe she would be unwilling to accept what she got. This was a mistake, coming here.

The Doctor had made his full escape to the TARDIS and any moment she expected him to slip inside that magical blue box and vanish forever. Instead he asked a question. One single question. One that caused her stomach to clench painfully and made the air she breathed feel too thick. It was hard to gulp down the air, even harder to talk, so Mal could only nod in response though she wasn't sure if he could see or not. She hadn't budged from her position and the Doctor's head was downcast. It took her a long while to pull in the proper amount of oxygen before she could form even coherent noises, and she did happen to speak it sounded strained.

"He survived, you know. Told me you knew he would live which was why you left him a vortex manipulator. The factory exploded but he got out before any harm was done. Said... he lived... because you two needed someone to be with me while the other was off doing what ever it is you do, saving lives, the universe. Kept telling me I-I'm a fixed point in your timeline, or rather you in mine. Well not you, you.. him." She trailed off and faded out, feeling as if the Doctor would have no idea what she was even talking about.

It was then that spell washed over her again, so suddenly that it caught her off guard and she grunted at the impact. It was the one that caused her head to swim and body to feel lighter than air. Mal would float away to no where if she wasn't careful, if she didn't hold on to the thin thread of reality. Instead of seeing the blackened sky and metal debris she normally was witness to during these epidoes, she heard a voice. It kept pestering her, whispering in her ear and she broke out in a nervous sweat. Her eyes darted towards Kat's direction, face paling. Mal wanted to run away but her fear turned to anger before she had a chance to kick her legs into gear. A rather aggressive expression slapped itself on her face and she prowled towards Kat's hiding spot with an uncharacteristic amount of agitation rolling through her body language.

"Haven't you done enough? Taken enough? Watched me burn enough? What more do you want from me? What more?" The words were spat at the woman she had never seen before. The whispering voice was Mal's own paranoid thought, urging her that she was in danger. So, really, she was lashing out based on primitive emotion more than the actual belief there was danger afoot. When she was close enough, Mal struck out at Kat in hopes of driving her away through physical force. The other girl was taking quite the beating of flailing punches and clawing nails as Mal continued to accuse Kat of things she wasn't even responsible for.

Student
Archiving and Artifice

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:45 am

Kat had worn an amused expression until Mal had touched her, the only reason retaliation wasn't immediate is because she had taken a very sudden and unexpected beating. This woman sounded more unstable than her, and that was something definitely worth taking note of. She raised up her arms to ward off further blows and spoke quickly. "My dear lady, I don't know what I've done. I'm simply out tonight for some... fun. There's no reason to single me out as your one, to suffer." Kat mentally grimaced. It wasn't one of her best, but she was being rushed. Hopefully the words were close enough to what this moment needed that it would calm down whoever this was.
Back to top Go down
Eleven
Student
Student
Eleven

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 4:11 pm

It took him a bit more time than usual to notice Mal stalk off. The Doctor lifted his head, squinting out into the street at the pair. He was soon later on his feet, jogging towards them and slipping straight between them. "Hi, yes, Mal? Quit doing that. You'll never make new friends." He said in a low voice before turning to the girl with a seemingly amused expression. "Sorry about her. Tried to fix that a long time ago, just didn't seem to stick. Though I have heard there's some cool ideas in the Himalayas." He jerked around to look back at Mal, "Oh, I fibbed. Himalayas have those weird green things. Hate those weird green things."

He clasped his hands together, then ran the palms smoothly across each other in thought. "You both probably haven't seen them before. Don't usually show themselves unless they see a certain amount of Glydron in the bacteria layering your outer clothing." A strand of hair fell into his face as he looked between the both of them, but he didn't fix it. "But that's probably not what you want to hear about right now." He whispered gently, turning all his attention onto the stranger for the time being. "Sorry. Anyway, I'm the Doctor. That's Mal, she's the crazy one. Not me. Promise." He smirked at that, then laughed aloud, knowing full well that was another half-proclaimed false accusation. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:04 pm

((My muse is giving me a hard time with this one ^^" Sorry about the wait))

Mal dropped her arms, letting them flop uselessly at her sides as she gave Kat an odd look. Was she making a rhyme? It was not the most normal thing she had encountered in her life but she was hardly one to judge. Wiping at her brow, Mal was forced to step back when the Doctor wedged his way between them.

"Watch it, space boy, or I might give you a go too." She kicked at the ground, staring around her in paranoia as an irritating itch crawled through her skin. "You ramble on about something neither of us know about and I'm the crazy one? You're crazy, you are. Maddest person I've ever met. What I am is... psychotic, borderline that is. Not like that all the time. Just jump at shadows and such."

Mal twitched her nose and anxiously looked up at Kat. "I'm so sorry about that. About the beating. I thought you were someone else..." She looked down, shifted her weight from foot to foot, and began to swivel her head around to survey the area.

Student
Archiving and Artifice

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Kat was generally a very carefree person, but she wasn't sure what was going on. It was very, very unpleasant. "I... You're fine. No apology is necessary, I can understand jumping at shadows." She gave a crooked smile and glanced at The Doctor, and her eyes widened. The amount of important decisions surrounding him was ridiculous! The tendrils of gold were so many that it stung her eyes and forced her to look away. Kat let her hair fall over face and looked back cautiously. Just a little better, but not enough that she could look at this man without hurting. She stepped away from The Doctor and shielded her vision with a hand. Now that she wasn't bent down from the weight of a insane woman's attack, Kat saw that they both glowed ridiculously bright. "Ugh... Knew I should have gotten sunglasses.." She spoke without looking at the two. "But really, it's no trouble." Kat made a mental note to ask one of her less than normal acquaintances about weird green things in the Himalayas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Didn't See Anything   You Didn't See Anything I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Didn't See Anything
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: