Time of Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:36 am

Twisting his head around, the Doctor felt a grin spread across his face at the sight of the girl below him. "Ah, hello." He said quickly before realizing what she had said and felt his smile fall away into a confused look as he studied her face curiously. "I don't hate you. Why would you think I hated you? Have I even said that?" Thinking back to everything he said, the Doctor shook his head and looked back at the girl again. "No, I haven't." He stated simply before twisting around again and eyeing the counter weight resting on the floor not far from where his sonic fell.

"Could you let me loose? A bit hard doing anything while hanging from the ceiling. Sounds fun, looks fun, but I can assure you. It is not." Waving a hand at his now sore ankle, he flashed her a winning smile, hopefully she would realize either to untie the rope around the balance, or find something to cut through it. His sonic did have a setting for that actually... "Use my Sonic, right there. Setting five-eight, burns right through any type of plant ropes." He added cheerfully, waving a hand towards the device resting on the floor directly below him. "Go on then, get it for me."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 am

She felt a little like she'd just been chastised. Not entirely sure how to register his look in her head she sufficed to say he looked annoyed, or maybe... Oh who knew. She was never good at reading other people, she doubted she'd get anywhere trying with this man. "Oh.. Okay..." Ramona mumbled half-heartedly, disappointment slipping into the creases of her features. She wasn't expecting... Well, that. In fact she wasn't sure what she'd been expecting, but surely not that.

She never stopped looking at him, doing a job of tripping over air and glittering flakes of dust as she backed up to the steel box. Feeling around for the rope Ramona finally turned and found it's tie point, but she had no knife to cut it with, and there was no way she was untying that thing. She had no choice but to use that... Sonic thing-a-majiggy that he wanted. Slipping forward she grasped it from the floor and peered at it for a minute, flipping it over, rolling it around and just 'observing,' the strange contraption. What did he say, five-eight? With a purse of dry lips she fiddled with the head until a bold, well- she really wasn't sure what the symbols glaring up at her were. Nothing she'd ever seen before, but her gut twisted when they appeared and she turned back to the rope. Lifting the device up Ramona pressed the afore-mentioned 'button' and gasped in shock as the rope snapped with a hiss, dropping the rigid noose around the man's ankle.

Man, man, hadn't he told her his name somewhere back on... Oh dear. She crinkled her face and gripped the device against her fingers until her knuckles turned white. As though realizing what she was doing Ramona quickly released the thing to the ground with a jump, much like she'd been burned. "Sorry, yeah... Sorry."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:29 am

The rope slackened around his ankle, bringing momentary relief and another grin before gravity took over and sent him free-falling back to the floor with a solid 'thunk' and a slight groan of pain. "A little warning next time would be nice. Then again, you honestly don't look like there will be a next time so I suppose my best bet would be to complain about it now." He shot out at her, sitting upright and rubbing the back of his head with a slight scowl on his face then jumping to his feet once more. Blue eyes surveying the room curiously then looking back down at her face.

"Why were you hiding over there in the first place? I know I must not be easy on the eyes, but honestly. Am I that bad?" He asked jokingly, another grin flashing across his face as he spoke, trying to put the poor girl at ease. Honestly, she looked about ready to jump out of her skin and take off, leaving him there again.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:45 pm

She mumbled under her breath for moment, trying to think of a reason. She did have one, it was just a little far-fetched in the span of things... At least she thought. "Giant Jackalopes?" Ramona flushed and turned away from him, striding purposefully back toward the door, trainers tapping determinedly. She'd gotten him down, any possible danger had come and gone, they were still alive. Now it was time for her to go- home.

Gigantic jackalopes were the least of her worries considering the oddball creature had refrained from showing itself during the whole altercation. Clearly it was more concerned with other things, things that didn't involve eating her or this strange man. "But it's probably long gone now, so- home!" She was upset that her voice didn't convey the strength she was wishing for. Her mind betrayed her desires in an internal war that, to be honest, she hadn't even really known she was fighting. But it was becoming more obvious with every passing second, every fall of her foot that brought her closer to those alien double-doors.

Jesus, where was her bed when she needed it?
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:58 am

Blinking after her, the Doctor turned to cast another glance around the room for a moment then leaned down and grabbed his sonic before turning back around to follow the girl out of the building, his longer strides bringing him up next to her as they walked along in silence for a moment then he glanced over at her out of the corner of his eyes. "You never told me your name." He finally said idly, breaking the silence that hung over them as they walked through the center of town, heading for the gates at the entrance and back out into the field of grass outside of them.

Tucking his hands into his pockets, he fiddled with the sonic in his pocket for a moment, debating on what he could say that would get her to talk before resigning himself to a long and quiet ride back to Earth.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:11 am

Ramona halted, she stood completely still in the field, letting him walk ahead of her. She watched his back and tried to guess his expression when he would turn to realize she's stopped. Why did she stop? Golden eyes trailed from the man up to the slowly growing box in the distance.

She didn't want to go.

She fixed her gaze on him once more, fiddling uncomfortably with her fingers. "Ramona. Eden. twenty-four year old astronomy major, I work at the public library.. Or one of them. I like libraries, do you?" She gushed before she could stop herself, tongue flapping hopelessly as nerves played a soprano tune in her head.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Turning to look at Ramona, the Doctor smiled at her admission. Finally, got something from her for once rather than constant sass. "Libraries are fantastic, in fact, I have one on the TARDIS somewhere." He waved a hand at the box behind him idly, calling her attention to it before looking over at her again, his eyebrows raised up slightly at her nervous expression. "Books that won't be written until hundreds of years after your time. You could take a look if you like. If you can find it, that is. Good luck with that, she likes to move the rooms around on me occasionally. Cheeky thing, my TARDIS." He said fondly, looking back at the blue box with another happy smile.

Without another word, he started walking towards it again, a hand reaching out to rest on the wood with a smile. "Come on then, Ramona, plenty of things to do. You can come along if you like. If not..." He trailed off and looked at her with a sudden serious expression, his head tilted to the side as he contemplated for a moment. "You can go home, live your usual life of sleeping, eating and working over and over again. I'm leaving this up to you, your choice. But make it fast, I'm not exactly a patient man." With that said, he turned and pushed the door open, walking inside with long strides that carried him over to the console, a hand brushing against the controls gently.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:27 pm

She somehow expected to feel better after venting all of that information on him, maybe expected him to stand there and have a proper chat. But instead he took an interest in her occupation enough to go off on having his own library. Boasting right British-like about books that haven't been written and history that hadn't been lived yet, a time before and after her. Ramona sunk back a little, twinges of anxiety rushing through her veins.

How quickly his face went for interested to genuine sincerity, and his offer made her heart flutter like a million butterflies. TARDIS', bigger-on-the-inside blue boxes, strange planets, alien life-forms... Ramona would have fainted if possible. Honestly wasn't sure how she'd not already. Still, watching him turn his back to her, entering the space-time vehicle made her breath hitch and her eyes dart frantically around the open field. Sensations unfamiliar to her sizzled deliciously against puckering flesh as Ramona took those few feet in stride, following the man back into his strange contraption. No, not strange- The TARDIS. And she thought about his words, his implications, and her head spun as she gripped the railing. Hazel eyes latching onto his hands as they softly caressed the foreign control panel. He loved this thing, whatever it was, so very much. She wondered briefly if he saved that look for a spouse, sister, or maybe a child he might have had stowed away somewhere. But it was gone as fast as it'd come and Ramona swallowed heavily, her heart sobbing in silence. "I think- I think that normal, mundane life is the best thing in the world... I'm sorry that I can't go along.. Please, take me home." And maybe, just maybe something inside of her broke a little, shifted just enough that it would never fit back into place again.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Hiding the sudden look of disappointment that flashed across his face with a quick nod of the head, the Doctor began programming the TARDIS to take them back to the alleyway he had last landed her in, where Ramona first stepped inside of the blue doors and looked around. "Right, boring life coming right up. Hold on to something." He called over to her before yanking the lever down and causing the entire control room to shake violently as the TARDIS began flying through the vortex once more, his eyes trained on the Time Rotor in front of him as it moved, refusing to turn his blue eyes over on the woman as they flew off.

Once the ship landed in the exact spot they were before, he leaned his hands against the edge of the console, staring down at the controls in front of him, deep in thought. Before Ramona could walk away, he turned his head and finally looked at her curiously, his eyebrows raised up slightly. "If you ever decide you're bored with all of this. Find me, I'm always around somewhere." He said idly, leaning back up and tucking his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket. "But go on, boring life, like I said. Right out those doors, you can pick it right back up where you left off only a few hours ago." He finally said, nodding at the blue doors behind her before turning his attention back to the controls and began fiddling with them once more. Obviously anxious to get moving again.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:13 pm

It all looked the same. Same New York which she hardly recognized anyway, same dank alleyway stifled by darkness. Ramona meandered toward the blue doors, legs a bit shaky after such a vicious ride. It was almost like the machine was feeding off of its masters disappointment, she felt as though she'd been smacked in the head a few times by an invisible hand. As though it wasn't really her decision to say no. But she had, and she was home. Back where the little excursion had started. Back to the starting point.

Ramona reached the doors and stopped once more, turning frightened eyes back on the leather-clad man. Watching the steady rise and fall of his ribs beneath that black coat, like a second skin meant to hide his horrors away from everyone else. At least that's the impression she got, he was rather intimidating to be truthful. But that didn't stop her from feeling sad, shamed as though she'd disappointed him in a drastic manner. What's done is done. She inhaled sharply and opened the door, stalling just a moment "I'll keep that in mind... Good-bye Doctor." and Ramona stepped away from the time machine, and back into the stark, black of a grungy alley.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 am

"Right then, goodbye." He said idly, already flicking the switches in front of him, his gaze drifting away from the controls and back to the open door, watching Ramona's retreating back for a moment. Finally with a low huff at himself, the Doctor strode towards the doors and leaned his shoulder against the frame, debating on if he should say anything. "Ramona. You said you liked libraries..." He called out finally, silently hoping she'd stop and look back at him. "There's a whole planet used as a library. I could take you there. As long as you promise not to use the non-fiction or write any of the fiction you read there as your own. Timelines and all."

Falling silent again, he watched her for a moment then cleared his throat and looked around the dark alleyway idly. "I could also bring you back a few minutes after we leave now. Time machine and all. She's fueled up and all."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:28 am

Her heart was a drumbeat in her ears, blocking out the sounds of city life and hopefully the retreating machine at her back. Though for all she knew it was already gone, and Ramona found herself whirling around just to make sure, just to see... and there he came. Slipping against the door frame looking like he wanted to say something, his face conformed into one of hopefulness. Her stomach fluttered and she pursed her lips, well... Until he got started on an entire planet that was in fact, a Library.

Books was something that Ramona could never say no to, her mother tried to use them as a teaching guide for her daughter. Using certain pieces of literature in their lessons while excluding others in the hopes that she'd edge Ramona toward her way of life rather than an independent one. Of course no amount of grounding and boundaries could keep Ramona out of a library, often she'd been caught by the local policeman hiding out between the shelves, asleep with a book splayed across young knees. Her mother hated it, but nothing could please Ramona more. Just as she silently loathed the feeling of avid desire that rushed up through her lungs and through her lips in an excited exhalation. New York was lost to her as she tried to imagine an entire planet just full of books! It was probably the loveliest thing her brain could have dreamed, and she sighed heartily at her own fantasy.

That is until she remembered who she was with, that she promptly lit up with a vicious blush and covered her mouth, fingering the broken ends of her hair. She'd already told him she worked in a library, that was hint enough that she enjoyed them, could this be a tactic to keep her with him perhaps? To lure her once more back into that precarious blue box of his? Ramona glanced up a moment, teeming with suspicion before turning a short, tight circle in place. Not quite sure what she wanted. She stopped, and faced him, chest out and shoulders squared. "I want to see!" Clapping both hands over her mouth Ramona blushed ever harder at how childish that had come out, completely different from what she'd practiced in her head. In fact everything about her had to look like some sort of, deranged teen ready to fly off to the ends of the Universe, all in search of one measly little planet.

But a planet of books...
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:02 pm

The Doctor's smile grew at her response as he moved out of the way of the door and headed back towards the controls. "Come on then, a little peek couldn't hurt the time lines here, could it?" He asked brightly, his hands already itching to get started on the console in front of him as he looked over at the door. At least he wouldn't have to travel alone for a little longer. The TARDIS did get a tad quiet when it was just him and her, the humming was nice, but another voice to talk to, someone to ask questions. That was what he wanted. Brushing off the irrational thought that he just wanted to feel superior, he began flipping switches in front of him, setting a course for the TARDIS to follow before Ramona stepped back inside. "Fantastic place, shelves that go for miles along the surface, at least four stories high. You'll love it." He added suddenly, his eyes drifting back to the console in front of him as he turned a knob to the right a couple of times.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Since meeting him Ramona actually knew that she wanted to be there, heart pounding with adrenaline as she darted back the few feet to him and his machine. She breezed past him with a small skip as he quickly turned and followed her up to the console. She gripped its edges until her knuckles turned white, a reassurance since every time the machine moved she was tossed about. She dug her teeth into the flesh of her chin, excited oozing from every pore.

A Library was something to be happy about, glad, and properly excited. And she was just that. A planet of books, her brain almost couldn't handle it.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Locking his eyes onto the screen, the Doctor watched the information flashing on it until it finally landed where he wanted it and yanked the lever back down, stopping the TARDIS roughly and sending the both of them to the floor with a sharp jolt. "Ah! There we are, planet of books." He crowed in excitement, getting back to his feet and striding past Ramona on his way to the door, a wide smile planted on his face like usual as he yanked the door open and peered outside at the busy hall. People wandering around the area, some working, others reading while sitting in small chairs placed around the area. "Come on, you don't want to miss this." He called over his shoulder before stepping out and looking around the place.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:07 pm

It was spectacular, fantabulous, fantastic! Or as the Doctor liked to say, brilliant! To the naked eye it looked like any other library, a tall arching ceiling to rest atop carved pillars that supported shelf after shelf after shelf of book. History, fiction, non-fiction, biographies, although she did not see them yet she could only imagine. People fanned out all around them, some side-stepping the suddenly appearing box while others stopped to take photographs with devices Ramona didn't recognize. Other just ignored it like they expected it to be there. She squeaked in glee and did a small dance outside the TARDIS doors, jumping with restraint to keep her breasts from bouncing too hard. Thus was the curse of a large chest.

Ramona turned to the Doctor, eyes glittering a handsome honey-gold under the soft lighting, passion written into the creases of her eyes and mouth as she gabbled utter non-sense. She spoke fast and quick, listing off what she wanted to see while turning in circles, pointing to a section, naming it and then trying to find another one. She wanted to ride on one of those trains, she wanted to sit in one of the moving swings that ran above their heads, carting people to different quarters of the planet. This Library. Her brain was a muddle of wants and desires and utterly brimming with questions, she finally forced herself to stop long enough to breathe. Eyes turned expectantly to the strange Doctor, even the fake red of her hair seemed brighter in lieu of her joy.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Chuckling lightly, the Doctor side-stepped the over-excited girl and called attention to the statue like thing known as an information hive. "Hello there, the Doctor visiting with Ramona. Two passes." He said brightly, flashing a psychic paper up for the face to look at for a moment then smile. "Welcome, Doctor, Ramona. Enjoy your reading. If you have any need of further assistance, please, ask any of the Information Hives located around the library." It said in a smooth voice before turning back around, a pair of tags slipping from a slot in the table next to it.

Reaching over, the Doctor picked them up and pocketed the tag with his name before tossing the other to Ramona with a bright smile. "Go on then, go read. I'm going to wander a bit." He said, waving an idle hand around the area. "If you get lost, just put that in one of the slots next to the statues, it'll tell you where I am." He added, his eyes already wandering down towards a rather interesting looking group of people having a heated argument of sorts.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Maybe it would have been wise to follow the Doctor first before scampering off into the unknown corners of the building. Perhaps it was that childish zeal that left Ramona feeling more than brave and utterly intoxicated on adrenaline and exhilaration. She didn't even bother to consider that arguing group of guests as she grasped her pass, long and shiny "Ooooh... Thank you," she breathed quickly to the man before turning, and vanishing between the bookshelves.

Time was a forgotten echo in the back of her mind, she couldn't remember being given a time-frame and thus she did not worry about it. She wasn't sure where she even was, she'd meandered down corners, pushed through doors, asked directions to the trains even. Ramona doubted she'd ever forget the sensation of the wind brushing cool fingers against her cheeks, the passengers enjoyed a lazy ride ten miles to another part of the planet. Somewhere she felt like riding the train was possibly over-stepping her bounds, that the Doctor might not enjoy having to travel so far if he needed her. But she couldn't bring herself to turn around after stepping onto the station grounds and seeing just what lied ahead. This area of the library was built of marble and some sort of crystal, housing books that ranged from 2000 to 4050, and Ramona stared for a good five minutes, debating the wisdom of looking through these tomes. Should she? Or should she not?

Nah! She'd be fine, as long as she didn't reveal any relevant information she learned things would be fine. No one would care, that's what the Doctor said. And so Ramona lost herself into the cushions of an over-sized comforter, red fabric caressing the numbing ache of her bottom as she perused the yellowing pages of a book on the 2042 Wars.

It was everything she could have asked for. Well... Until the screaming started.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:52 pm

The Doctor was pouring over a rather interesting book on the mechanics of Neutron energy being combined with solar energy when a sudden scream startled him into dropping the book on the floor. Without pausing, he was on his feet and out the door of the rather comfortable sitting room and running down the hallway in the direction he heard the scream come from. The only thought in his mind being where was Ramona, and why did someone scream in a Library?

Skidding around a corner, he swore under his breath and glanced around the circular room filled with hallway entrances. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted one of the Information Hives and strode over, slipping his pass into the slot and waiting for a holo-screen to pop up and show him where the adjoining pass was. "Trains, I should have never let her see those things."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:24 pm

The woman died in such a quiet fashion that Ramona wasn't entirely sure she'd seen it right. Death came up on the lovely ginger lady in utter silence, not a word was spoke, not a breath gasped as she fell wordlessly to the marble floor. Somebody shrieked and suddenly the screaming was from all around. People were running, mothers hunting for their wandering children, husbands ushering their wives. And dare she say it... Aliens darting about in whatever way they did, a man with scaly blue skin crashed into Ramona's chair and she lunged forward with a shocked cry, for once truly aware of the carnage erupting around her. The library was in full alert as information hives seemed to materialize where she could have sworn stood actual people, they chanted a monotonous command for all citizens to return to the railways and thus exit the library through the transporter pads. A few, and that meant very few people remained where they were, including Ramona herself who was so unsure of the situation she didn't have the time to think about moving.

Her eyes were glued to the ginger woman lying on the floor, how peaceful her face seemed despite the death that gripped her. People rushed past, thrusting themselves into her shoulders and knocking her about yet Ramona held her ground and stayed put. Her heart hammered in her ears and she knew she couldn't have moved if she wanted too. And the only thing her mind could come too was 'why did I follow him?' it seemed like such a simple answer to the sudden problem that sent the library guests racing for their lives. An excuse that Ramona latched onto and held close. A woman was dead on the floor, blood sneaking across the finely chiseled marble, staining the sensitive veins and clogging the cracks. It must have been her punishment for daring to hope that maybe, traveling the stars was a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Cursing under his breath, the Doctor stared at the shut-down trams with clenched fists. Fine, then he'd just use his TARDIS and get it all over with easier. She could fend for herself until he got there, brilliant mind, a bit thick when it came to some things, but brilliant in her own way. Turning around sharply, he ran back the way he came, ignoring the others as they raced around him in opposite directions, some climbing the ladders that cluttered the bookshelves to get away from whatever was chasing them down one by one.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a flash of something before a young man in uniform suddenly collapsed to the ground, eyes wide open and mouth forming a scream that died with him before it could escape his lips. "Bloody hell."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:35 pm

"Are they the Vashta Nerada??" A woman to Ramona's left gasped out, loud enough to be heard but quiet as though she were afraid of being 'over-heard.' The Vash-wa? A man backed up against a shelf nodded his head, "No, can't be. The Library has protective measures against them now... I don't know what it is.." The people around her took up a frightened game of 'guess the threat,' as two more people fell silently to their deaths in mid-run.

It felt like forever but it didn't take long for the spacious area to empty, leaving Ramona, the man against the shelf, a new woman and an elderly couple. Why any of them bothered to stay instead of run was beyond Ramona's capability of thought at the moment. Her heart was too busy trying to escape, chest tight and breath coming in short huffs. Well it was at least partly under-wraps until somebody took a firm grip on her upper arm and she was dragged out of her chair and against a hard chest. "Have you ever seen a dead body before?" The man asked, hands tightening in the rumples of Ramona's hoodie, she blanched but stayed still. He didn't seem like he was going to hurt her, he was just scared, like the rest of them. "No." She replied quietly, eyes glittering under the dimmed lights. "What is it?" He shook his head and glanced at the older man who nodded his head.

"Most likely light-sprites," He informs her. Ramona cocked her head a little, "Light.. sprites?" Now she's not sure if this man is thinking right, but he only grimaces at her in exasperation and loosens his grip at last. "Yeah sprites, Carl-" gesturing at the older gentlement, "Is apparently a scholarly fellow and studies these sorts of things, he says they're drifting energy pockets with no form and when they touch you it shocks you so hard it kills you. Shocks your organs so fast you don't even know it's happening, and I don't even know about the blood." Energy sprites that shocked you to death? Oh didn't that sound just swell! Just the way she wanted to die. Ramona scowled and pulled away from the man, but found that he was quite unwilling to relent. The last time a man refused to let her go ended up with a bloody nose, and the last time she tried to escape from one she ended up in a blue box on the other end of space.

So she stopped, and remained still.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Dodging around another form laying still on the ground, the Doctor spotted his familiar blue box a little farther up the hallway and pushed himself faster, eager to get inside and shut the doors. Whatever was floating around in here obviously wasn't picky about who and what they attacked, and the Doctor unfortunately landed in the 'who and what' section of living in the library. Maybe he'd do some research about regeneration, perhaps there was a way to spend his life as an inanimate object. A book, fantastic, how would his life be like if he were to spend a portion of it as a book? What kind of stories would be written on the pages?

Snorting to himself, the Doctor yanked out his key and shoved it into the lock, unlocking the door in front of him and shoving it open quickly so he could shut it as soon as he stepped in. He wouldn't be just a book, he'd be a whole shelf full of them if they were to portray his life's story. A single adventure could take chapters if not an entire book on it's own. Shaking his head, he yanked off his jacket and tossed it into the jumper seat, idly realizing the heat inside the control room was warmer than he normally would have liked as he began to fiddle with her controls. "Turn on the air con, would you? I'm boiling in here." He said sharply, ignoring the flash of irritated light from the control room before a sudden, welcome rush of air blasted over him. "Much better, thank you."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:02 am

How many minutes had passed? Ten? Twenty? Hours? Who knew. It felt like forever though and Ramona groaned in response to thinking about it. How long did it take for a guy to get to one place? And she was reminded once more of her train ride, and how those trains were now successfully rendered inert. She groaned louder and the man clutching her abruptly placed a hand across her lips, she cried out in protest but he only shushed her. Oi! What gave him the right to do that, scared or not you didn't touch her like that! Nobody else was dead, the lights were slowly coming to and the area seemed more than clear. The little sprite things were probably gone and there were dead people lying around, she tried not to think too hard about what those dead bodies might have been doing. Forcing her eyes to remain fixated on a book whose title she'd spied earlier, and that was just it.

There wasn't one, just a spine and part of the front. And it looked amazing similar to the TARDIS' front, except without those silly words on it. And maybe even a little lighter in blue, but still. It was eye-catching and had indeed caught Ramona's eye. She jerked a little in the mans grip and he held her tighter, her mind did back-flips and her patience was wearing terribly thin. Where was the Doctor? It was absolutely sizzling in here! Didn't this place have cooling systems or something? She wasn't the only one, she swore she could smell the sweat curling off of him as he dripped against her forehead. They were all starting to smell as though they'd just ran a mile in gym, and she sure as hell wasn't in shape. Ramona jerked a little harder and the man snapped at her to stop. Ramona threw her head forward and into the man- whose name was actually Benson- and felt him cough, releasing his hold on her.

She darted away from him before he'd the chance to grab her back, dashing down a hallway as he gasped for breath. The woman was shouting and even the older man was yelling for her to stop, but Ramona was ready to get out of this heat and being in that mans arms was about to drive her beyond crazy. She was already pretty sure she was losing it with this whole Library thing to start with. Strange Doctor's in blue boxes, Library's full of information and books on events past and future. It was so far-fetched and yet so terribly real. She ran for a whole minute before coming to a choppy stop and gagging on the hot air, grasping her hair and yanking it away from her face,k pulling it out of her mouth. She should get it cut, but never seemed to have the time.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:10 am

"Blimey, I told you to turn the heat down." The Doctor snapped suddenly, swiping a hand across his forehead with an irritated glance at the Time Rotor. She was being difficult, the heat was begininng to get to the both of them. Granted intense heat never bothered him... If it was dry, a damp heat was a whole other story then. Grumbling under his breath, he crouched down and slid under the console, fiddling with the wires under there until he managed to get a positive response from her monitor.

"Finally, about bloody time you helped out. Now stay focused." He said quickly, jumping back to his feet and beginning to type several commands into the screen, watching as Gallifreyan circles popped up, telling him one thing or another for each command he added. Sweat was beginning to drip down his back along his spine. Bloody jumpers and their constricting fabric. How could he have not noticed that it trapped body heat? Great, now he'd smell like one of those apes and would end up taking several showers just in the effort to wash the stink off of him.

As his fingers flew over they keyboard in front of him, the Time Rotor began moving, drawing a sudden smile onto his face as he looked over at it. "You beautiful girl, I could kiss you!" He shouted happily, running to the other side of the console and beginning to prepare for takeoff, his pass already hooked up to his machine as it traced it's companion's code in the Library, allowing the Doctor and TARDIS to find and land nearby without any struggle.

PostSubject: Re: Time of Day   

Back to top Go down

Time of Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next