Just Another Boring Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Robin groaned in annoyance, laying down on the park bench facing the street. The Doctor had dropped her off so she could take care of a few human things he didn't normally have to do, but it wasn't until he left that she realized she had no money. So much for getting a proper meal. She could always get one on the TARDIS, but unless the Doctor had wiring or something else to do, she wasn't going to make him sit still that long. She also had to sleep, but at least that was free. Tired and hungry, stared out at the passing cars and people on their bikes. So boring. At least he got her to the right time, so he'd know where he was going on the way back. Maybe she could go pickpocket someone... No, she'd given that up a long time ago. She would rather deal with a lecture on being unprepared than getting kicked out of the TARDIS for stealing.

Rolling onto her back, she stared up at the sky, thinking back on where she said she'd meet him in a few hours. Maybe something exciting could happen between then and now? Not likely with her luck. Taking a deep breath, she stood up and began her stroll to the coffee shop he told her to meet him at. Of course he'd suggest there with his new addiction to the stuff, but if he got the year wrong and Mal was there... Nope. No way. That was even less likely than some sort of alien adventure popping up. Crossing her arms, she continued down the sidewalk, staying to the side to avoid contact with people. Sure she stood out, but it wasn't like anyone was going to approach her. With a sigh, she decided this was the absolute last time she'd do this for him. Next time he was just dealing with the wait.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Contrary to Robin's thinking, someone was very interested in her. This particular someone went by the name Kat.
My god, she just oozes possibility!
Isn't it grand?
So much gold!
I know what we're doing today!

Kat grinned. Her plans for the day had consisted of hanging about and pestering passing strangers who looked interesting. In all honesty, this person didn't alter that plan much, but she would definitely be more exciting than the average bear. The girl had already began making her way towards Robin as her mind churned out possible conversation starters. She settled on one and quickened her pace until she was behind and to the right of Robin, just barely in her field of vision. Kat opened her mouth to speak, before quickly closing it and changing her mind. "Excuse me?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Robin yelped, spinning around to face the stranger who had talked to her. Well this could mean two things. One - the cops finally found her. Two - aliens! She tried not to show her excitement, because judging by the woman's appearance, it was probably the latter. "Yes, hello?" After speaking, she suddenly realized her position and began to wish she had let her hair grow out so it could cover the odd looking brand on her cheek, but didn't really mean it because long hair would just get in her way too much. The collar around her neck wasn't the greatest either, although she could use these things to her advantage if she needed to. Depended on the situation she guessed. Studying the woman, she mentally sighed, thinking about how long it had been since she could practice her people watching. It had been a good 7 months since her last long term visit to this planet, so she sort of forgot anything she could have used. Nothing about her clothing, nothing about how she acted, nothing. "Can I help you?" She decided on that, thinking it might give something away about the stranger, if nothing else.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Kat had a slight smile fixed in her face as she put her hands on Robin's shoulders and slowly looked her over. "Yes, you can." She tried not to look to much like she was looking at te air around this girl, but it was hard not to. She decided on a course of action based on the possibilities floating about and continued. "Or perhaps I can? Help you, that is. I'm Kat, what's your name, my dear bear?" She decided that the curiosity provoking, odd type would be the best way to get this girl interested enough to stick around.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Robin raised an eyebrow, hands coming up to slowly move Kat's hands from her shoulders. "Robin... Um... Nice to meet you? Sorry, not the best with people anymore so I'm just gonna be straightforward. How can you 'help me'" - she made air quotes with her fingers - "and why exactly me? Not really the smarted or strongest person here, that and I'm a kid. So why me and what am I supposed to do for you?" She crossed her arms, shifting her weight to one foot as she awaited her answers. A tiny ghost of a smile played around her lips, no matter how hard she tried to conceal it. At the moment it was probably a bad idea to let this woman know she was sort if enjoying this. God, that sounds twisted...

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Kat was pleased. She wasn't an idiot. "We'll as long as we're being straightforward... You're more interesting then anyone else here, so perhaps you can cure my boredom and I'll... I dunno, take you out to eat?" The way she phrased it was with uncertainty, but Kat was well aware that this girl would be in favor of something to eat. Her gaze drifted over the people around them, amused with how unimportant they were compared to this person.
Wait, is she more important than us?
Kat's gaze came to Robin, suddenly serious.
...Maybe, but it's irrelevant if she is. Our abilities are not yet fully developed.
The look of seriousness disappeared as soon as it had come.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Robin couldn't decide whether to frown at the oddity if the woman or smile at the situation. Well the food sounded good since that's sort of what she was here for anyway, just as long as she wasn't gonna spike her meal. She would have noted the bit about boredom if she didn't already think the same way. So far it seemed like a good enough deal. "Alright, you can take me out to eat, I guess, if that'll REALLY kill your boredom... But no spiking my food. And I don't have any money. So there's that." She nodded, happy with how that came out, and smiled a little. Albeit, a mischievous looking one, but that happened to be the one she knew best. "Whatever you plan on doing, I have to be somewhere at 6, so you have... What, 5 hours?" She tilted her head up, squinting at the sun and trying to guess the time. "I'm going with that, it's been too long for accuracy." Shrugging, she acted as if that was the most average sentence ever.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Kat stuffs her hands in her pockets and starts walking with the look of someone who thinks they own the world and everyone on it. "Actually, there are a few select strands of possibility that indicate futures where we're together for much longer than five hours. I don't really have any wish to be around that long though. Places to do and things to be." A hand slides out of her pocket and taps a random beat on her leg. "Why exactly do you only have five hours, Robin?" The hand that had been tapping came up and ran down one of the white streaks in Kat's hair. She didn't seem physically capable of holding still.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Robin noted the odd way Kat moved and spoke, wondering if she was more than she appeared to be. Well that's something she could find out later. Right now she was scoring free lunch. "Just meeting a friend. We're planning on traveling together, leaving today." There, that was vague enough, yet not a lie. She was getting better at that. It wasn't like she wanted the universe to know her business, but she had decided that if she was going to travel with the Doctor, she had better shape up. No more stealing, no more lying. The lunch... Was different. She had him to blame anyway. Not really, but she'd find a reason. Shifting her weight to her other leg, she tried to search Kat's behavior for something definite, but it seemed anything could have had several different reasons for it. She'd have to practice people watching some more, then.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:41 pm

She throws both hands up in exasperation. "Yo' so vague." Kat let's her arms drop to her sides and grins. "But, it's not my business ever yet, or will be." She actually paused, not sure of that sentence came out deliberately wrong or if she had been looking at time too much.
There is no such thing as looking at time too much!
We are in agreement.

"What kinda food you wanna go after? Money isn't an issue for me right now." She reflected on that statement. "Right now" could mean for the next hour, with the way things usually went. That is, wildly unpredictable. Just how she liked it.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:12 am

Oh wow. Robin had been gone so long she could barely remember what there was to eat here. "I'm... Fish and chips? Sounds about right for this time period..." With that, she took another glance around, confirming where and when she was. Alright, fish and chips was probably right then. Snapping out of her thoughts, she cast a grin at Kat, "Yeah, pretty sure it's fish and chips." Remembering her comment about 'time periods', she worried a tiny bit before she realized that the woman might just think she was nutters. Then again, she was a loon too, so maybe she knew about time travel. That'd still be cool, not everyday you find a random time traveler on the street.

((Not the best, rushing because I gotta go to school and it's hard to concentrate with the one direction being blared at me -_-))

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Fish and chips? Kinda odd...
Think! We've been to London before!
Oh, right... She means fries.

Kat thought for a moment and altered her course, heading for the closest place with fish and chips. She glanced over to Robin before reaching into her backpack and taking out a plain, black book. Kat skimmed it's pages while she continued talking. "So, what's this friend's name? Is he or she as interesting as you?" Perhaps if she had been paying more attention, time period should have stuck out, but words like that were too common to be noticeable anymore.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Robin left her arms crossed as she followed Kat towards food, mind wandering as they strolled along. She was snapped out of her thoughts as the strange woman asked about the Doctor. Well was it her business to tell her about him? He wasn't exactly shy, but she didn't know how much this woman could be trusted, let alone if she was one of his enemies. Cover story it was. "John Smith. I can't really tell you if he's as interesting as you say I am, because I'm not sure what you're basing it on. If it's appearance, I kind of get that, the collar isn't exactly normal, but unless you're an alien or deal in them, I really doubt I'm special to you." She glanced up at Kat, wondering if she caught it this time. Last time she hadn't noticed her slip, but now she was going to give hints. The sooner she knew what she did, the better chance she had to figure out what was going on.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Kat reached the doors of a generic food-service building that was probably only known of by the locals and held a glass door open for robin. "I'm basing it off of the fact that your decisions will be more important than most people's."
Aliens... I wonder if I'm even considered human anymore. I've changed so, so much.
Wait!
Did we just say I?
No, definitely not.
Highly unlikely

"I...Have associated with creatures that most would consider alien. I have a feeling most would consider me alien at this point." Kat shivered, but wasn't sure why. It felt like something bad had just happened, but she wasn't quite sure what. The ominous feeling passed quickly as her attention came back to Robin. Today was fine, no reason to worry.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Robin smiled a bit as she walked into the shop, unable to properly hide her excitement any longer. Aliens, good. That made explaining anything a bit easier. But what did she mean by her decisions will be more important than others'? Biased much? Maybe she was a psychic or something and knew about something that was gonna happen, and Robin was going to have to make a decision on it. A life threatening one. Way to stay positive... Turning around, she began slowly walking backwards into the establishment, waiting for Kat to join her. "It's fine, I am an actual alien, to this planet anyway. Still human, just a different planet. Well I say human... Close enough." She shrugged, guessing she really wasn't ever going to meet this person again so it'd be fine to say it. She was sick of holding it in anyway, pretending to be an Earthling got boring fast. As long as the Doctor didn't find out, she'd be fine! Probably... Oh well. "What makes you alien, hm? If you don't mind my asking..."

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:48 pm

Kat followed Robin in and thought about her response. "I can feel what kind of outcomes a decision might have, and see who will leave a greater mark in history than others." That was the bit she always gave away, but the rest would be withheld. The only person she had even mentioned her other ability to was The Master, and that's because he had Kat against a wall, prepared to make a meal of her.
Thinking back, telling him of our book probably wasn't necessary.
Too late now.

She slipped her book back into it's resting place and sniffed. Definitely smelled like food here.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Alright, then she was right. A psychic. Sort of. Robin still didn't see how SHE could do something important, but she was a time traveler and she tended to end up solving problems or at least helping, so maybe she did something big once? Oh well, that was a good enough explanation for her, she didn't want to know too much about that sort of thing because she did NOT want to find out what a paradox felt like. "Cool. I'd ask how but that's not really my business. Well neither was that last thing.... I'm gonna shut up now before I start rambling." She flashed Kat a grin and a thumbs up before turning around and seeing that a waitress was already there for them. "Excuse me miss?" She called up to her, giving the woman a moment of confusion before she finally looked down at her. "Oh yes, sorry, how many?" She asked, pulling two menus out of the podium in front of her. "Just us," Robin smiled at the waitress as she nodded and led them off towards a table.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Kat's gaze drifted over the waitress, assessing her as not-too-deadly. She took a seat once shown where to and began tapping with both hands on the table. "You can ask any questions you want, but it's my turn now." Kat picks out things Robin had said earlier and makes her question off them. "What's your method of time travel? I've heard of spaceships and all the such, but never actual time travel."
Can WE time travel?
Our voice may allow it.
Unlikely, but possible?
Perhaps
We don't know the extent of this book's knowledge yet.
We shall look into the matter later.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Robin took a seat on the other side of the table, leaning forward on her elbows. Questions? Oh great... Secrets were hard to keep when other people asked questions about them. At least she could be vague, and lie if she really needed to. Now that she knew a bit more about the woman, she decided that it'd be best not to mention the the Doctor in any way, because for all she knew, she could just go and psycho-analyze him right then and there. That would probably not be good at all. She nodded and shrugged, prepared for most questions that could be shot at her. Until that happened. She just HAD to ask about time travel didn't she? Sighing, she tried to think of a way to mention the TARDIS without really mentioning it... Nope, not possible. Not really. Um... oh! "I used to use this thing, a vortex manipulator. It's like a wristwatch, but... time travel. They're not easy to come by in this century, though. Maybe if you snuck into a secret alien base or something." Mentally patting herself on the back, she smiled at the woman. Okay, not a lie, and she kept Torchwood secret. Perfect answer for her, unless she wanted more details. Ugh.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 pm

She thought on that. Her ability with words seemed to mirror technology, so theoretically, it could be done. "I don't think alien base hunting will be necessary. I think I can ask my friend about it, he did say he's a lord of time." Kat didn't have any problem with revealing that, especially since she was already putting together which words would make Robin forget this conversation in her head. No reason to take any chances. She picked up her menu to check what sort of drinks they had and let her thoughts drift a little.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Robin nearly choked with that bit of information. "T-Time Lord?!" Okay. Don't reveal the Doctor yet, it could be any of them. But she did say HE, so Sonya was out. But... That only left the Doctor and Theta, right? Well she wasn't going to risk it. The less she knew, the better. Even if she had an overwhelming urge to ask. She'd just deal with the ignorance, then. "I... Um.. Who?" She just went with that, not willing to put him on the line to get her information. Picking up her menu, she began to scan through and find the fish and chips, her eyes constantly flicking back up towards the woman. She was such a mystery and it irked her.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:20 pm

"He goes by Master. Kinda a cute name." She looks up at Robin, amused by her reaction. Kat watches Robin closely to see what the word "Timelord" means to her. This person had become very interesting very quickly. It seems that the seemingly minuscule decision to approach had done out what she had hoped.
What is a Timelord, exactly?
Good question, me.

She's have to remember to get around to that question later.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Robin frowned, keeping her eyes down on her menu. Master. That was a new one. The name made her fidget uncomfortably, all too familiar with what masters did to their pets. Her hand came up subconsciously to brush its fingers over the brand on her cheek. Holding back a shudder, she finally spotted the meal. Alright. Something positive. Focus on it. She'd just end up getting whatever pop they sold here, not too familiar with it anymore. Something told her she should probably say something to keep this situation from getting more awkward than it already was. "I, um, I've never met him." She shrugged, trying to keep from looking uncomfortable but knowing she was failing at it.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:37 pm

"He's pretty fun. Can be creepy sometimes. The first time we meant, he kept sniffing me and threatening to eat me." She also spotted the food, and smiles slightly. "Oooh... Groovy-licious." Her hand touches to the bump on her pocket formed by her wallet, as if checking that she can indeed pay. Kat speaks rather loudly, seemingly oblivious to the fact that people can hear her. "Oh, he also leaves bones all over the house. I wonder if he'd be okay with me cleaning up a bit..."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Robin bit her lip, crossing her arms as she shifted to sit on her legs. She really hoped that this meeting didn't end with seeing him. He was not someone she ever wanted to know. Actually... She'd ask the Doctor about him later. In her fright, she completely dismissed the random 'groovy-licious' comment, not finding it important. Another waitress, different from earlier, approached their table, pen and notepad in hand. "Are we ready to order?" Robin looked up at her, completely confused until she said order. "Oh, uh, I'll just have the fish and chips. Just whatever pop." She shrugged, turning to Kat.

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Boring Day   

Back to top Go down

Just Another Boring Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: