Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_vote_lcapVanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_voting_barVanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_vote_lcapVanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_voting_barVanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Ah, Hopefelt, what was there to say about Hopefelt? To start off it is a very small town located between Cardiff and London yet rarely anyone seemed to pass through it or overall care of its existence. The place was established and named after Gary G. Hopefelt, branch owner of the ATA Organization. No one knows a thing about the company or Mr. Hopefelt himself, but that isn't the point. The point is he created the small town in 2020. There isn't much there at all but a gas station, a single strip mall, a school and park, and the Hopefelt Orphanage. It was said the orphanage was the reason Mr. Hopefelt created the town in the first place since he himself was an orphan but that's only just a theory.

Lucius Tyler was one of the many children who lived in the four story mansion that was known as the Hopefelt Orphange. But the small boy convinced that he wouldn’t be here for long, he wasn’t really an orphan after all. It had been exactly twelve months and twenty-one days since his mother had placed him as a resident here, promising to come back for him in many more words than just that. Day in and day out he waited for her return so he could once again live the lively life he did with just him and his mother. Unfortunately, that day was not today.

“Tyler! Get your shoes on.” Mrs. Bensworth’s voice snapped the small boy out of his dreaming state. He blinked and stared after his temporary caretaker as she went to rally up the rest of the children. It was 1:00pm. That meant it was time to go to the park they could ‘have fun and interact with one another’. Honestly, this time in their schedule meant Lucius would branch away from the others and enjoy solitude. The others either enjoyed ignoring him or bullying him anyway.

As the group walked down the sidewalk, Lucius trailed at the back per usual. He saw himself as the caboose and it made him pleased to think he got to look out for the others. As much as they treated him poorly he didn't see the point in haring them in return. It only caused more hurt feelings than necessary. If he raised his head he could observe what the other children were up to from Robert’s mocking face to Ellen talking James’s ear off.

Most of the kids raced to the park like wild animals, claiming pieces of equipment and swatting at any who tried to cross into their territory. He, however, wordlessly slipped into the trees, walking into the shadowed depths and sighed heavily at the feeling of peace that washed over him. All was quiet except the lovely singing of the birds, the soft rustling of the leaves in the breeze, and teh distant shouts of the others. No one would miss him, Mrs. Bensworth hardly ever noticed when he was MIA unless there were chores to be done or they were sitting in class. Empty desks were easy to count.

Lucius kicked a rock and watched it tumble through the debris with curious eyes. It didn't take him long to reach his tree and he paused to look up at it. There was nothing else like it in the forest. It was the only sycamore that had greying bark and vibrant green leaves. Its branches hung low and twisted this way and that which made it easy to climb if you were as small as he was. With a running start, Lucius clambered up and pulled himself up onto the first branch. He climbed and climbed until he reached his favourite opening in the tree. It allowed him to look out across the forest and just see the park in the distance, allowing him to watch as kids climbed the jungle gym and cause havoc towards one another.

Reaching into his back pocket, Lucius pulled out a bag of candy before settling with his back against the trunk. Technically he wasn't supposed to have it but he had managed to slip away one day to make a solo trip to the candy stop, the only place worth while in Hopefelt. He popped an orange gummy in his mouth and smirked to himself, letting his imagination flood his mind as the soft noises of the trees danced around him.

Something suddenly grabbed at his attention. It was an odd instinctual feeling, a presence. Lucius perked his head up and scanned the tree tops before getting up and climbing to the other side of the trunk. What was it? The feeling was similar to the way one felt when they were being watched but there was no paranoia associated with it. It was more of an awareness that someone was here. Or something. A hum filled his head momentarily before all was quiet again. A shiver ran through him, one that wasn't uncomfortable as one would expect. It was over before he could draw a conclusion so sat back against the tree, popping a few more pieces of sugar into his mouth to quell the growing curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Staring at the screen with a slight frown, the Doctor tapped his fingers on the edge of the console in front of him thoughtfully. He knew Mal had her child, even kept watch over them for a while when they went traveling. But then just as quickly as he had found them, she vanished, the boy vanishing along with her. No matter how long he searched or even asked around on some of their frequent stops, he couldn't find them. Nothing was adding up, no one could simply vanish from the universe without a trace. There was always at least one person that saw them, always one small trace of them in their last place. But nothing, the trail ran cold and couldn't be found again.

Suddenly a thought struck him, causing a manic grin to spread across his face as he let his fingers fly over they keyboard in front of him. He had been searching for Mal, connecting her and her son as a single person, maybe if he switched the signal to trace the boy... A sudden 'ping' from the screen proved his suspicion and he set out tracing it to a small town outside of Cardiff and set the TARDIS to land in a small stand of trees near the park located in the town. Closing the door tightly behind him, the Doctor strode off between the trunks and slowly made his way towards the sounds of children playing. School recess perhaps, he hoped more like as he stopped under a rather tall tree and leaned a hand against it, thinking to himself for a moment as he tried to think of something to say when he found him and his mother. What would you say? 'Hello, I'm the Doctor and I've been following you around for years'? No, that would not get the reaction he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Lucius was halfway through his sweets, knocking the back of his head lightly against the tree as he chewed thoughtfully.  The sound of footsteps made him freeze.  No one ever came into the forest.  No one.  It sounded like they were approaching his area so he glanced down through the branches and noticed a shadow of movement before it made a pause at the base of his sycamore.  With silent movement he began to move down, avoiding the weaker branches or bundle of leaves.  He stopped when he got a better view and started to evaluate the man.  Leather, short cropped hair, double Lucius's size.  Was he looking for something?  Lost?  He may be dangerous or perhaps ex-military.  Lucius recalled watching several movies where soldiers had to buzz their head and that was the only source he had to draw up his conclusion.  

Acting on impulse, something he was repeatedly told not to do, he descended more rapidly down the tree until he was on the branch above the Doctor's head but slightly bent back.  Lucius used one hand to hold on the branch above him and prevent a tumble to the ground, he stood on the branch with practised balance and shook the bag of candy, causing it to rattle and catch the man's attention.  "Jelly baby?"

Last edited by Aravis Mal Vulneras on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:08 pm

Looking up, the Doctor blinked in total and utter surprise at the boy above him. The same boy he had been searching for in fact, the one that was holding out the tempting treat he couldn't get enough of in one of his previous incarnations. Reaching up slowly, the Doctor plucked one of the candies from the small bag and popped it into his mouth without thinking, causing him to wince slightly at the explosion of sugar in his mouth. Blimey how did he stand these things in the past? Too sweet, too layered with false flavors and color dyes.

"I'm the Doctor, what's your name?" He finally asked after forcing the sweet down his throat in order to empty his mouth as he stared up at the child curiously, vaguely wondering where Mal was if he was there. Perhaps at the park, or walking somewhere nearby he guessed.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Lucius watched his movements closely, noticing the slight wince and looked down at the candy in his hand.  Was there something wrong with them?  Well, personally, he thought they were divine.  There were better candies such as sour pops, licorice, and chocolate.  But he only had pocket change and these were the only things he could afford unless he were to buy watermelon candies.  He'd only wanted to try something different.  

The man introduced himself as the Doctor and he tilted his head to once again appraise the man.  Was he the new physician in town?  Would he be living at the orphanage like the others of Hopefelt did?  People were allowed to rent out living quarters in the West Wing since the building was so large.  Lucius sniffed and cleared his throat, "Tyler."  He answered simply.  It was how he introduced himself to everyone since he didn't want to stand out.  Tyler was a common, simple name.  If you asked him, 'Lucius' was just too memorable.  It wasn't everyday in the twenty-first century you met a Lucius.

The small boy remained in the tree, enjoying the fact he had a height advantage on the man.  Given, the Doctor could easily reach up and pluck him from the branch but this made him feel safer and like he had some control over the situation.  "Are you lost?"  He finally asked after a pause had taken place.

Last edited by Aravis Mal Vulneras on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:34 pm

"Lost? Hm, yes... Kind of, really not, but I suppose I am if you look at my situation from my point of view." The Doctor rambled, waving an idle hand in the air, his gaze moving from Tyler above him and to the trees surrounding them with a slight frown. Surely Mal had heard them talking and came to investigate by now... A sudden thought struck him, sending a chill down his spine as he slowly turned to look at Tyler again, a flash of pain in his eyes as he looked at the boy closely. Faded clothing, rugged look about his hair and face, the wary way he kept himself in the tree rather than dropping down to meet him properly.

"Tyler, where is your Mother? Surely she would have come to check on you by now?" He asked quietly, not wanting to give away his friendship with the boy's mother until he knew of her whereabouts. If she happened to be nearby, then he could leave without too much trouble, granted the kid would end up telling Mal he met him and a simple description would be enough for her to pinpoint exactly who it was. But he could deal with that, if she appeared while he talked to her child... Maternal instincts ran strong, and he wasn't the safest person to be around in the universe.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Lucius's eyes flashed with a sudden rush of emotions.  The majority of what he felt was anger, sadness, and curiosity.  How was he suppose to know?  Was this some cruel joke or was this Doctor just clueless?  He swallowed painfully and shoved the bag of candy in his back pocket as suspicion rose up in him.  Maybe he was a kidnapper, with a name like the Doctor that opened up for a broad amount of illegal street businesses.  Sniffing again, he adjusted his position on the tree and looked at the man below him with a neutral expression.  "Around."  The lie was smooth and instantly made him feel guilty but it wasn't in his best interest to get abducted.  No one would even know where to begin to look for Lucius since he'd never shown a single person his little hideout.

A sudden feeling of hope rushed into him.  Maybe the Doctor knew his mum.  Could tell him what she was doing and why she'd left in the first place.  But he was asking for her, so obviously didn't know what she had planned or where she went.  So he kept to a safer question, one that didn't give away anything. "Does she know you?"

Last edited by Aravis Mal Vulneras on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Once Tyler asked if he knew his mother, the Doctor knew any pretense of not knowing her would shatter. He couldn't just lie to him, granted it would keep the kid safe, but he couldn't bring himself to lie about Mal. Looking back up at him, the Doctor shuffled nervously from foot to foot then passed a hand over his head with a low sigh. "Yes, I knew your mother a while ago. While she was pregnant with you in fact, took her to Japan for the festival of lights." He finally said, cutting his rambling short when he realized what he was doing and forced a brilliant smile onto his face. "You look like her."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Lucius straightened slightly and turned so his back was facing the Doctor before dropping to the ground.  So his mother had spent time with him?  That was reason enough to drop the thought that he was here to hurt him.  Given he could be lying but still... Turning back around he made sure to keep some distance in case he had to run.  The Doctor had said 'knew', that was past tense.  What did that mean?  And why hadn't his mother talked about this man or met up with him again after he was born?  Maybe he was trouble.  Maybe she was in trouble, hurt, dead.  Fear struck him and he rolled his shoulders, looking increasingly uncomfortable until he firmly stated in his head his mother was fine and she'd come back like she promised.  They didn't break promises to one another, both said what they meant and followed through with it even if they had to break a sweat in the process.  

"Yeah."  He agreed in a mumbled voice to the appearance comment, not once taking his eyes off of the Doctor though he wanted nothing more than to kick at the ground and watch the dirt chip away underfoot.  The man's smile was nice and friendly and he didn't appear to want to harm Lucius.  But some people were good at hiding themselves behind masks.  What did he want and why was he looking for his mum?

The hum returned in his head and vibrated throughout his body.  Lucius inhaled sharply and snapped his eyes to the direction he felt it coming from, having to twist his body to stare through the trees.  Without so much as a warning, the small boy darted away.  He was much faster than what should have be possible for his little body.  It was easy to dodge through the trees and random splotches of shrubbery.  It didn't take long before the humming stopped and he skid to a stop, staring wide eyed at the misplaced blue box in front of him.

Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Robin groaned, rolling over in her bed. Only she was on the edge of the bed. So she fell off onto the floor. That was like the million time! Sitting up slowly, she rubbed her eyes, contemplating ways to block off that side of the bed before deciding on sleeping the other way so she'd roll into the wall. She stood up and began her stroll to the bathroom to take a shower and whatever else she was supposed to do to be decent. She'd honestly rather skip it, but she didn't want to be dirty so that ended that. 

About 30 minutes later, she was strolling out of the wardrobe, her arms crossed as usual. Just as she was about to call out to the Doctor and see where they were going this time, she fell to the ground as the TARDIS groaned, slight annoyance crossing her features for a second. Really, he didn't even know she was up yet. If she'd have been sleeping, she'd have given him an earful on it. Then again, it was his turn to pick a planet anyway, so that meant she didn't have to wait through his lecture on the entire history of the species before they took off. She could hear it later. Getting to her feet, she smirked, taking her time to get to the console room. There, she'd make him wait. That was good enough punishment for him.

Her smirk immediately turned to a frown as she reached the control room, seeing he wasn't there. Sometimes she could just smack him. Running the rest of the way to the TARDIS doors, she pushed them open with a grin, deciding to hide her annoyance. If she complained as much as she did in her head, he'd drop her home in a heartbeat. That'd really suck. Her grin faltered as her eyes landed on... a little boy. In the woods. Alright then... that's different. "Um, hello. Nice to meet you?" She giggled at his expression, remembering the first time she saw the TARDIS. "What're you doing out here alone?" She asked, stepping out and closing the doors behind her. "Actually... what are you doing out here at all... Is your mum with you? Or at least a strange man with big ears?"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:16 pm

"Oi, wait up!" The Doctor called suddenly, racing after the kid only to round the trees separating him from the TARDIS in time to see Robin fling the door open and stare down at Tyler in what looked to be surprise. Most likely the same look he had on his face when he first spotted the kid honestly. Slowing into a long stride, the Doctor tucked his hands into his pockets and stopped beside Tyler, raising his eyebrows at Robin with her description of him. "Big ears? There is nothing wrong with my ears, they look fantastic." He stated with slight irritation as he pushed her off to the side gently so he could walk into the TARDIS. "Come on, Tyler. You won't want to miss this, trust me." He called over his shoulder cheerfully, his blue eyes locking onto the time rotor as it moved slightly, welcoming him home with a soft hum.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:50 am

Lucius took a step back when the doors swung open, revealing a red-headed girl.  She was asking the standard questions one would shoot off to ensure a small boy such as himself had not been misplaced.  He wouldn't have thought himself as an object but that's how the majority of children are seen until they've reached a certain age and, almost reluctantly, are deemed 'people'.  The Doctor was there in moments, leaving him no time to answer the girl's question since he was herding her inside the box, spiking Lucius's curiosity with alluring words.  These two were strangers to him and he never went anywhere with strangers.  This would be far enough and he would turn around any moment and run to the park, to the other children, to Mrs. Bensworth and that blasted orphanage.  

But his muscles twitched and soon he was moving forward and through the doors.  Lucius hated doing it, but he was gaping.  The place was bigger on the inside.  He wasn't a physicist but he was still rather certain this broke a few laws.  "It's magic."  The words were said to himself as he looked around the odd room, taking note of the branch-like structures stretching their way up to the ceiling.  

Lucius's eyes fell to the time rotor and wouldn't move off of it.  What was it?  What did this thing do?  A warmth not unlike the hum he felt earlier filled him from head to toe.  In a hypnotic manner,  he walked up the ramp until he was in front of the console.  Gingerly he placed a hand on the contraption and his rapidly beating heart slowed.  His eyes reflected his wonder and confusion as he turned to look at the Doctor.  "I can feel her.  It's a girl, isn't it?  She travels.  I could feel her when you arrived too."

Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 2:54 pm

"Just be glad I didn't bring up your nose." Robin spun around to keep her eyes on the Doctor as he hurried into the TARDIS. Sometimes... Seriously what was he, part cheetah? Crossing her arms, she stepped inside after the boy, closing the door behind him. She couldn't help but smirk, finding it rather adorable as  he gaped at the breaking of physics. Well not breaking, really, more stretching. Because breaking would mean the Doctor would be rambling on about how they needed to fix it before the entire universe fell apart when really it was no more difficult than their normal everyday adventures. Usually. Her smirk fell away as the boy spoke, a confused frown taking its place. "Um, hold on, how do you know that? How do you... feel that?" She looked to the Doctor, her frown lifting up into an amused smile, the frown mostly coming from disappointment that he knew more than her anyway. "Excuse me, what's your name? I'm assuming you have one, most people do." She tried to ask politely, but she always felt awkward asking for someone's name. Like she should know, even if there was no way for her to.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Turning his attention from the controls and over to Tyler, the Doctor frowned slightly, studying him. He wasn't Time Lord, that was certain just by looking at him, but... Walking over, he crouched down and looked him in the eyes, studying them for a moment curiously, completely ignoring Robin in the back ground as she continued to speak. Apparently enough of his father shifted through for a slight telepathic field to attach itself to the boy. "You hear her?" He finally asked quietly, his blue eyes looking into the younger boy's curiously, studying their color for a moment before standing back up and running a hand over his head in thought. "Have more of your father in you than I thought." He murmured quietly, turning back to the controls again, working on them once more so they could take off. Tests, a couple of tests would go a long way to ease the Doctor's mind about the whole situation.

Finally yanking the lever down, the Doctor glanced over at Robin as she asked for the boy's name, his lips quirking up slightly at her question. "Tyler, Robin. Robin, Tyler." He said quickly, gesturing between the two of them with a hand quickly, then looking back at Robin meaningfully, he held a hand out to Tyler, waiting for him to take it. "Now that's done, I have some things I want to do. That's where you come in Tyler, I want some help."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Lucius blinked at the Doctor and took a single step back as he approached him.  He didn't run away and even straightened his back, his eyes unblinking as he met the Time Lord's blue ones.  "Feel her." He corrected before frowning deeply.  "You know my father?"  This unsettled him deeply.  As curious as he felt about it and as much as he wanted to press further, there was an underlying feeling of guilt and uncertainty preventing him from asking.  His mother never spoke about him and if she did it was so vague he didn't learn anything anyway.  It would feel like Lucius was betraying her in some way if he asked about his father if she was so unwilling to let him know.

With the introductions, Lucius blinked at Robin and gave a slight tilt to his head as he studied her.  His attention was drawn away when the Doctor began to talk again.  The offered hand was just blankly stared at before Lucius looked up at the man's face.  "Why?"  The question was so simple and vague but the kid was just trying to piece things together.  If this man had a partner why wouldn't he just ask her to help?  But Lucius thought about how the Doctor asked for his mother's whereabouts, had stated he knew her.  Maybe he needed someone with psychic capabilities.

Taking in a large breath, Lucius turned to look at Robin, anxiety starting to grow in him.  "What sorta help?"

Last edited by Aravis Mal Vulneras on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Robin flashed a smile at Tyler as the Doctor introduced them, still trying to figure out what was going on. Who was this kid? Obviously the Doctor knew him, because he probably wouldn't have brought him in here otherwise. But then he said something about his father. Who was that? Even more important, who was the mother? Well not necessarily more important... she just knew more females than males. So that'd be an easier give away. Plus, from what she could understand, he had picked up an ability of some sort. Who had abilities that she knew of? Well... everyone... so that helped. Continuing to soak in the information spewing from the Doctor, she looked down at the boy. Something about his gaze... It made her uncomfortable. She couldn't look him in the eye, she couldn't bring herself to. Just stare at the bridge of his nose. Even then, she fidgeted, just thinking something was off. Crossing her arms, she averted her gaze and stared blankly at the Time Lord, searching through her mental 'friend list' and ruling out anyone she could to be related to this boy. If she didn't have to ask, then it'd be much less awkward for all of them. Of course, she was so wrapped up in only listening to what the Doctor was saying, she completely forgot the fact that the only pregnant woman she knew was Mal.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 pm

"All I need is a few moments. Just come on." The Doctor coaxed Tyler calmly, letting one of his smiles slip through and curl his lips upward as he glanced at him out of the corner of his eyes before letting his hand fall down to his side again and turned towards the hallway off to the right of where he stood. "Your choice to come or not, either way it's going to be done... Might be easier if you were with me and not running all over the ship." He added over his shoulder just before stepping through the archway and starting to disappear down the hallway, hands tucked into his pockets and head tilted back, the picture of ease as he strode along.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Lucius swallowed thickly and hesitantly began to follow. On his way to trail behind he reached out and grabbed onto Robin's hand, leading her along right with them. No offence to the Doctor but he really didn't want to be left alone with him. The marking of a 'pet' were placed upon Robin from the collar around her neck to the odd brand on her cheek. Didn't racing horses get that done to tell them apart or something? None of that was the point, his point was she was young and seemingly nice and harmless. It eased his nerves to know someone like that was around as he followed the man in leather down the hallway.

"Moments of what? What do you need from me?" More questions. Lucius seemed to be full of those.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 am

Robin, so caught up in her thoughts, was startled by the contact with Tyler. Glancing down at him, she smiled gently, uncrossing her arms to make it easy on him as she followed the pair down the corridor. Now she was completely unaware of where they were going, thanks to all her mostly pointless thinking. She had taken a stab with the tiny amount of common sense she had to guess that it was either Sonya or Mal's son... Both situations equally unnerving. If it was Sonya's kid she was toast, no question. Mal's kid? No idea.... Just... No idea. Bringing herself back to the present, she heard Tyler say 'need me.' What? What was the Doctor doing to him?! Squeezing his hand reassuringly, she narrowed her eyes at the Time Lord. "Doctor..." Her voice took on a threatening tone, hoping that was all it'd take to show him that she wasn't letting him do anything to such an innocent boy.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Pausing slightly in the hallway, the Doctor hesitated for a moment then turned to look at the two following him with a slight frown on his face. "Your mother and father... They weren't exactly normal. They weren't..." Trailing off, he passed a hand over his head in thought, trying to think of the exact words he could use to explain the situation. "Your father was a flesh version... Of me, in a different form. Your mother controlled emotions with touch. If you can hear the TARDIS, then that means you picked some things up from your father. Time Lords come from a psychic race, even while in flesh form we still are. I need to know the extent of what you can and can't do..." He trailed off again, his eyes flashing across Tyler's face and over to Robin's. "I have to know."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Lucius looked up at Robin and blinked when his hand was squeezed. At least he was a good judge of character, this girl was nice and friendly. The tone of her voice indicated she felt protective and it only made the small boy approve in his ability to pick out good people.

His attention was brought back to the Doctor and his brows furrowed. His throat bobbed as he nervously swallowed and he stopped walking. "Normal." That bit was said to himself but he shook his head and said louder, "I know what she can do. Don't talk about her in the past tense. Why do you say controlled? She controls. I know. She taught me. We practise." After it was out, Lucius began to wonder if it was a good idea to tell this man anything. But it was too late to take it back now and the strong urge to defend his mother momentarily possessed him. It was horrible to think past tense could imply she was gone. Which she wasn't. She wasn't.

"So..." He murmured after a while, blinking hard as he processed this. "What does that mean...? I'm not human? You're... my father?" Lucius's shoulders went rigid, his gaze turned intense as his brain worked overtime to process this all and make sense of it. He was going to need a better explanation than what was given.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Robin's eyes widened, her jaw nearly falling open at all the information she was just given. Alright. Process. So... he was his dad? No, another incarnation. Good, that'd be awkward... Plus they were flesh apparently. Alright, not too far of a concept, especially after her experience with it. But the mother. Who else could do that but Mal?! So this was Mal's kid! She looked down at the boy in astonishment, her open mouth slowly turning to a smile as a laugh snuck its way out. She closed her mouth, letting the boy speak and work a bit out on his own. They practiced? Really? She thought Mal'd end up being the type to neglect her son... no offence to her, of course... "Um... no... not your father, not really. Different person. Sort of..." She rambled, staring at him with a grin. "You... You're Mal's son. Mal's son!" She couldn't help but laugh and pull him into a hug, really glad he turned out this well so far. Then she was brought back to the topic of tests. "Doctor, don't do anything he's not okay with..."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:01 pm

The Doctor's hands shot up in front of him, panic flashing across his eyes. "No, another version of me. Different person, from the future..." He said quickly, trailing off at the end and dropping his hands back down to his sides again with a low sigh. "I'm... I'm not your father, Tyler. I don't know where your father is." Crouching down in front of the kid, he carefully examined his face, avoiding the eyes as he searched for anything that might tell him what had happened to Mal.

"These tests... They won't hurt. I just want to see what you can do. Simple things is all. Come on." He said finally, standing back up and leading the way once more, his mind already mapping out the directions towards a plain room that he used to lock himself away in when he didn't want to deal with the universe outside. Carefully pushing the door open, he ushered Robin and Tyler in front of him before closing the door behind him, clapping his hands in front and flashing the two of them a wide grin. "Robin, you get to be the test dummy. Sit on the bed over there, Tyler. I want you to influence her for me, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Lucius was still frowning deeply until Robin started to giggle. In a start, the boy looked at the red head with some concern before she made a little outburst and tugged him into a hug. He didn't give a verbal reply to her exclamations, his raised one arm to awkwardly wrap around her and pat her on the back. After breaking it off he blinked his grey eyes at her before snapping them over to the Doctor. Panic. That usually meant nothing good. So a future him was his dad... but not really? That hardly made sense but a few of his mom's stories had involved time travel. He wasn't sure if they were all true or not but perhaps this was a small snippet of evidence to prove it true.

"Okay." Lucius said generally before being herded and pushed into a room. He looked at the Doctor with uncertainty but sighed. Even if he were to try he wouldn't be able to get out of this blue box now. The leather clad man was blocking the door and Lucius didn't feel good about using his ability. Yet it was through the use of his ability that would make the Doctor willingly let him go, right?

The small boy rubbed at his hair furiously with both hands before walking over to Robin and touching her hand once again. The pathway to the girl's psyche lit up like a light in his mind's eye, easily allowing him to grasp it and solidify the connection. Lucius let go of her hand and paced away, unsure of what he could get Robin to do to show the Doctor and get him off his back. "Why do you have a collar and mark on your cheek?" The question was simple and he was curious about it. He wanted to know why she had it, really. If Robin never wanted to talk about it that was a shame considering Lucius was pushing her further and further to giving in and telling him. He also added reassurance to the emotion aspect so she wouldn't panic or feel depressed about it.

"If it makes you feel better you can hug the Doctor too."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:42 pm

((Mal I swear to gif))

Robin rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, having a feeling that was coming. When wasn't she the test dummy? Offering a smile to Tyler, she go ahead and let him do whatever it was he was going to do, even uncrossed her arms for him. As he took her hand, she felt a sort of connection snap in her head. Alright, well that's probably what's supposed to happen, right? Then he walked away... and he said it. He asked the question. The one thing she really needed him not to ask. Brilliant. Glancing at the Doctor quickly, she sighed, seeing she had no exit. Great... Taking a deep breath, she crossed her arms again, trying to think of a way to put it gently for his ears. "My, um... friend.." Sure, friend. "She put the collar there... The brand too... So.. yeah... Please, anything else. Just not that..." She felt the urge to say more, to tell him what really happened, but she knew it was just him pushing her to do it. But she just... she couldn't say it! Not to a little boy! Groaning in frustration as he refused to stop it, she ran a hand over her face. "Alright... It's a shock collar. She put it there so I wouldn't run off. And the mark is from when she tortured me. Okay?" She felt her frustration growing as he basically took away her ability to panic or get sad about it. Actually, she kind of thanked him for it, but the tear rushing down her cheek told her that as soon as he let go, she might just burst out crying at the mere memory of it. But she said what she had to, as simply as she could. "There, you did it. Can you please stop now?" She felt odd begging a little boy to stop doing something like this, but she really didn't like having her head messed with. No, she was done with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: