Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_vote_lcapVanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_voting_barVanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_vote_lcapVanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_voting_barVanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Walking over slowly, the Doctor placed a hand on Robin's shoulder, gently guiding her towards the door so she could sit on the chair next to it, a pained expression flashing across his face as he crouched down and hesitantly reached up to brush the tear away. "Sorry." He murmured quietly before getting back to his feet and walking over to Tyler again, frowning slightly as he debated on what exactly to do. "Alright... Affecting the mind with emotion in order to push them into doing what you want. Quite a lot like your Mother actually, stronger." He said idly to the air as he paced back and forth in front of Tyler. "How is your psychic connection? You hear the TARDIS speaking, but do you hear others?" He suddenly asked, turning to look at the boy with a slight frown.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:06 am

But you must have ran away. Lucius thought to himself as he listened to Robin. Her friend was a girl and the only girl here was her which meant she got away. The shock collar must not be functioning. Not that that was a bad thing. It was very good, in fact.

Noticing her tear he instantly broke the connection and was flooded with personal guilt. The emotion he pushed within her would linger and dissipate in its natural time which, by the looks of it, wouldn't be long. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to, I didn't know." This was why he didn't like doing it. Lucius thought he should have just got her to run a lap or do some other physical movement that would prove his power without being so invasive. It was a part of his belief that if people wanted you to know something they would willingly tell it. How stupid could he be? Lucius had his head ducked down and he was kicking at the floor like one would do to remove a scuff mark.

Lucius didn't answer the Doctor right away, he was brooding and scolding himself mentally on his actions. His intentions never were to hurt anyone. Idiot curiosity. After several moments more, he finally raised his head and huffed in exasperation. "No. I don't hear her. I feel her. Here." Lucius pointed at his chest dramatically with his index finger. "Not here." He raised said finger and pointed to his temple. "The humming is a vibration. Like, it's like I know what it is so I can hear it though the noise isn't really there. It feels different than linking. I can't "hear" anyone else like this and especially not with my mind. I'm not a telepath."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Robin looked up at the Doctor as he led her to the chair, trying her hardest to hold back the flood of tears that were pushing so hard at her. She didn't need to cry about this. Not in front of a kid. She could already see he was beating himself up about it, and he didn't have to. Taking her seat, she sighed, pulling her knees up to her chest. Flashing the Doctor a weak smile as he wiped her tear, she nodded her silent thanks. She took a deep breath, calming herself as best as she could. "S'okay, Tyler." She murmured, hugging her shins as they finished up whatever they were doing. Maybe not finishing, actually... Hm. Whatever, as long as she didn't have to be the test dummy anymore. That was the one role she desperately wished she didn't have to play. Oh well, it was over with, now she just had to move on. Move on and stop looking sad because that wasn't gonna help Tyler. Looking up from her knees, she flashed him a genuine smile, really not wanting him to think he had done something terrible. He just slipped up, everyone does it.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:58 pm

"Ah..." The Doctor murmured quietly, still studying Tyler thoughtfully before turning around and pacing the room once more, a look of deep concentration on his face as he stared at the floor in front of him. Okay, he wasn't a telepath, but there was something there that allowed him to feel the TARDIS. Something in him where he knew what she was to an extent. Pausing mid-stride, he snapped his fingers and made his way over to the door. "Stay right here. I have to get something." He murmured before disappearing out into the hallway and turning the corner off to the right.

If he could feel the TARDIS then that meant there was something there that was different, something no human should have. A bonding of molecular structures that were slightly different from a normal human's. Finally reaching the lab, he pulled a small scanner from one of the drawers and slowly made his way back to the room, hesitating a bit with his steps as he pondered over what he might find. If anything it wouldn't be something to worry about, but if he was right, then the kid would be in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Lucius blinked as the Doctor walked out of the room. Now would be easy enough to slip away and leave the TARDIS without being stopped. But then that meant leaving Robin here all by herself and he felt that would be terribly rude and unthoughtful considering what he forced her through. He should have known it was a touchy subject, why would someone want to talk about something like that? When he glanced over at the redhead she was smiling at him so he shyly gave a returning smile. He knew she still felt upset about it even through her attempts but at least she was forgiving him for being intrusive.

He fidgeted while he waited for the Doctor to return. "Why's he making me do this? I don't understand the point. He doesn't look happy about it either. Who is he? What kind of doctor?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Robin sighed, standing up and waking towards Tyler. "He's just looking out for you. I think he's concerned on..." Oh, how to tell a kid that they might be dying. "He's just making sure your abilities are working properly, yeah?" Plopping down next to him, she slung an arm over his shoulders. "The Doctor is a great man, and even if he makes mistakes, he'd never ever hurt you. Never in a million years would he try it." Looking down at the boy, she tried to get him to smile, but purposefully avoided looking at his face. Simply staring at him have her a wrong feeling. Then again, after what he just did? Probably right. "Come on, how about we take you on a trip once he's done, eh? Up for that?" Well... That was if the Doctor would take them. And he would, or he'd get a good slap off her for it.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Pausing outside of the room, the Doctor listened to Robin talking and allowed a slight smile to creep across his face before forcing it into a full-blown grin and pushing the door open to allow him entry. "Right, back. If you would just lay down, Tyler..." He gestured to the bed with the scanner before fiddling with the settings on it with a frown of concentration. "I'm going to scan your structure. Little precautions, put myself at ease more than anything." He added as an explanation should the boy ask anything. Darting his eyes over to Robin, he smiled slightly, nodding down at the boy's hand next to her, indicating she should take it for his comfort.

"Just lay back, relax and close your eyes. Won't be long, trust me." He said brightly, flashing Tyler a smile as he walked over and stood next to the bed, scanner held at the ready in one hand, the other tucked into his jacket pocket.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:16 pm

"Why would he look after me? Is it because he knows my mum? Or is he like me?" Lucius blinked and realized Robin probably didn't know what he was like so wouldn't be able to make a connection. But it was okay, it didn't really matter since she was pressing on a different issue, stating things will be fine and they'd go on a trip. Where would they go? He didn't think he could, Mrs. Bensworth would worry. Despite his distaste for the lady he couldn't just outright let her panic and feel guilty for his disappearance. Plus there was no telling when that day would come...

The Doctor was returning and Lucius eyed the scanner in his hand with concern. He obeyed anyway, taking Robin along as he sat on the bed and, with great reluctance, laid on it. To lay on one's back was to be submissive and vulnerable. Lucius had seen that on one of the Animal Planet shows but assumed it could apply to humans as well.

"I can't go anywhere." He informed them as he awaited the scanning to begin. "I don't want to miss my mum." They didn't know she was gone but he assumed his wording would deceive them into thinking Lucius would emotionally miss her while he left. Maybe deception wasn't the correct term since Lucius did miss her daily. But what he was referring to was the chance his mother would come to the orphanage to take him home again, just like she promised.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Robin sighed, taking Tyler's hand in both of hers. "You might miss her, that's true. But do you know how much I miss mine? Haven't seen her in years, and I still can't go back. You, on the other hand, can go and see your mum. Right after we're done having fun, you can go right back. Just one day, right? Just one." She smiled gently, squeezing his hand as the Doctor prepped the machine. Hopefully he wasn't lying and it actually wasn't going to hurt him. If it did... he was just looking for a slap, today. Glancing up at the Doctor, she searching his eyes for anything, anything she could find that showed he was lying. Of course not. Never could. "You ready?"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Flashing what he hoped was a reassuring smile at Tyler, the Doctor passed the scanner along the length of his body, closely eyeing the readings as they flickered across the screen. Carefully stopping above his chest for a moment, he watched the screen for a moment longer, frowning in slight confusion before moving along again, taking in every section until he reached his feet and stopped. "Well... Your alpha waves are fantastic, off the charts for someone your age. Your heart is fine and you have a rather empty stomach. When have you eaten last? Chips, steak..." He trailed off, trying to think of something else kids would eat then looking down from the ceiling. "Yogurt?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Lucius looked at Robin and blinked, his face falling until it reached a look of 'caving in', closing off to himself so not to reveal anything. The fact Robin couldn't see her mom didn't provide any comfort at all, it was just sad. Especially considering he could relate. He wished he could see his mother after whatever trip they went on, but the reality of the matter was he probably wouldn't see her at all. Not today, nor tomorrow, and probably not the next day. It had been so long and yet Lucius felt that he would see her again. He had to hold onto that belief. But doubt was an infectious thing, taking hold of victims any chance it got.

The scan started up and Lucius remained still, blinking up at the ceiling as he thought quietly to himself. When it was done he glanced over at the Doctor has he gave the gist of the discovery. "What're delta waves?... and I'm not very hungry." It was a lie but he really didn't feel like eating in front of these two.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Robin eyed the boy's belly after his answer, seeing it wasn't exactly tiny, but not really where it should be either. So far her attempts at trying to get through to the boy were definitely not working, and she wasn't about to try to get him to eat if he didn't want to. He could starve to death for all she cared. Actually, no. He couldn't. That'd be terrible. Staying silent, she glanced back and forth between Tyler and the Doctor, having no questions and nothing to add, so no reason to but in and muck things up. Obviously the boy didn't want anything to do with the pair of them, so they were doing something wrong. That, or he just plain out didn't like them. Either way was bad.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Frowning, the Doctor rubbed at his jaw in thought before focusing his eyes on Tyler once more. "Food is important to humans, even half-humans like you. Eating keeps your body stable." He stated simply, an eyebrow raising up as he spoke, trying to get his point across. This was Mal's child... If she wasn't around for him to take care of, then he would do what he could for her child if anything. "Your mother was a very close friend of mine. I don't plan on leaving her son to be hungry. A quick trip to London, get some chips, then back. No harm no foul." He added, already knowing the perfect place to go. Rose's old chippy, blimey she loved that place.

Grinning brightly down at Robin and Tyler, he tilted his head to the door behind him in question. "Come on, you'd be gone for five minutes, no one would miss you for that long. Some chips, relax, get away from them..."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Lucius sat up and removed himself from the bed when the scan was done. He eyed the Doctor and then Robin in turn before scratching his head and giving a little shrug. "Okay." That was all he said in agreement. He'd go only because he actually was hungry and chips sounded like a fabulous idea. Also, it would be interesting to travel in this box-like spaceship.

It was unnerving to think he wasn't fully human. This was news to him though he supposed it would explain some of the odd feelings he got at times. And it explained the fact he had the capability of changing his eye colour by will. Well, not by will, he usually needed to observe someone or be touching them for it to work properly. Flesh, that's what the Doctor called it. But what was it and what more could Lucius do if he was part flesh? It would be a topic he'd have to ask questions on or read about, maybe even practice a few tricks and show his mom whenever they reunited.

"Who's them?" He blinked a bit and wondered if the leather clad man had pieced things together. It made him feel anxious but Lucius was playing it cool so he wouldn't give anything away. Sadly, he wore his heart on his sleeves so resorted to turning his back on the two as he made his way slowly to the door. If they saw his face they could probably guess something was on his mind.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Robin smiled slightly as the boy agreed to come with them. If anyone knew how stubborn kids could be, it was her. But was she ever this persistant on something like this? Hm. No wonder she annoyed people. Standing up, she followed Tyler towards the door, only stopping at his question. "What do you mean, 'Who's them?' Never heard the expression before, or..." trailing off, she hurried to catch up with him, trying to get a look at his face and frowning in concern when he wouldn't let her. Poor boy, what was going on to where he'd worry about 'them?'

((Only reply I can make today. Sorry))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation   Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vanity, Sweets, and the Revelation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: