Share | 

An Exploration In 'Art'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: An Exploration In 'Art'   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Robin groaned in annoyance, swinging upside down from the monkey bars at the playground across the street from the cafe. The cafe the Doctor told her to meet him at 30 minutes ago. One of these days she was going to completely ignore him and just come back whenever she felt like it. Then he could finally see what it felt like to wait. No... he had the TARDIS, with her luck, right when she came back, he'd leave and plan to skip an hour later. Letting out a long sigh, she crawled back up into the bars and weaved her legs out of them before jumping down into the wood chips with a thud. Turning around, she checked the street again. Still no box. Then again, it wasn't like he'd park in plain sight. 

Crossing the street, she grumbled under her breath, preparing to check the alleyways for spaceships. Specifically, the one she had called a home for the past few weeks, almost month at this point. A few minutes later, having had checked 2 of the 4 places he could have hidden, she gave up, deciding he just wasn't here yet. But what was she going to do until he got there? Well... there was the cafe. Maybe she'd go in and get a doughnut or something. Yeah, sounded like a plan. Brushing a piece of hair behind her ear, she began her stroll into the green brick building, her other hand checking her pockets for cash.

((Alright, I know it isn't very descriptive, but we won't be on Earth long, so *flails*))

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: An Exploration In 'Art'   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Brushing a crumb from the corner of her mouth, Sonya leaned back in the chair she sat in, studying the cafe with a slow smile spreading across her face. It had been quite a while since she had some time to herself, after the whole ordeal between her and the Doctor, she needed some space. A few days to unwind and forget, well... Not forget, but at least put it behind her. Reaching over, she picked up the cup of coffee in front of her and studied the window she sat next to, watching the world go by. Never thought she would miss this, lazy afternoons wasted away in a coffee shop, just watching people run to and fro in their busy lives while she stayed stationary. With a slight laugh, she lifted the mug to her lips and took a sip of the steaming coffee, a low sigh of pleasure slipping from her once the taste registered on her over-sensitive tongue. At least now she understood why he licked everything, it was fascinating to taste things she only smelled before. Though of course, breathing was very distracting depending on the place she was in, her new regeneration tended to be distracted fairly easily with new sensations more than usual.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: An Exploration In 'Art'   Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:09 am

((I don't know... if I met this incarnation... or if this is a different Sonya....))

Robin pushed the door open and walked inside, wincing as she pulled her hand away. Every time. She was going to end up using her bad hand every time. Oh well, that was her own problem, she couldn't exactly push it off on someone else like she usually tried to. Crossing her arms to remind herself not to use that arm, she made her way through the gap in between the tables and to the counter. The menus, of course, were high up on the wall, so she had to step back and crane her head. This is why she didn't like tall people. After a moment of reading what she could, she found she didn't really want anything here. Well now she felt silly. Slinking off to the side to sit at a nearby table, she sighed. There was literally nothing for her to do right now, nothing but sit there and wait for the Doctor to finally show up. Actually, no. There was people watching. Turning around in her chair, she frowned, seeing the only two people in the place were some woman staring out the window and a man working on his laptop, neither of which she could actually see the faces of. Ugh, today was going to be boring.

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: An Exploration In 'Art'   Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Taking a deep breath through her mouth, Sonya blinked slightly in confusion. She knew that scent, but from where?" Blinking her eyes slightly, she turned her head to look around the shop before finally spotting a familiar figure sitting not too far from her booth and felt a small smile creep across her face. "Robin..." Breathing softly under her breath, she slid from her seat and slowly wandered over to the table and sat across from the younger girl, studying her face intently as if she hadn't seen her for years. "You haven't changed much. Maybe aged a year since I last saw you."

With a start, Sonya realized the girl hasn't seen her since she regenerated and quite possibly might be frightened at the stranger she saw in front of her. "Oh, right, new face. Hard to remember sometimes. It's Sonya..."

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: An Exploration In 'Art'   Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Robin raised an eyebrow at the woman who randomly joined her at the booth, leaning back a bit while inspecting her face. Who was this? Did she seriously mess up time lines again? Honestly, that's the third time this month she'd met someone after they met her. Well... she seemed a bit odd, but not hostile or anything, so that must have been a good sign. Once the woman spoke up again, she began to realize who it was. What other Time Ladies did she know besides Xel? And she really doubted this was how she would act if she ever saw her again. Her suspicions were confirmed as she spoke her name, earning a grin from the young girl. 'Nice to see you again, then. Really, though, you regenerated again? Honestly, I can understand after the whole... thing... but what'd you do this time? Don't be careless, you're lucky you can do all that fanciness or else you'd have quite a few people weeping over your grave. God, I'm turning into my mum...' She shook her head, relinquishing those thoughts and focusing on the present. 'So! What brings you here? Well, coffee, I'd guess.'

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: An Exploration In 'Art'   Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:59 pm

"I had some issues to work out... Something happened with the TARDIS." Sonya explained shortly, not really wanting to go into detail about all she found out during that little adventure. "And honestly, I just wanted some time away, do some of the things I used to do before all of this happened." She added finally, flashing Robin a wide smile as she leaned on her elbows as they rested on the table in front of her, tilting her head to the side and studying the young girl curiously. "What have you been up to, haven't seen you since the incident with that boy.. What's his name."

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: An Exploration In 'Art'   Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Robin shrugged, thinking back on the few things she'd actually done in the time between then and now. Because, sure, she had adventures all the time, but really, that was all she ever did. That, and get stuck on Earth whenever the Doctor was late to pick her up. 'Tyler. He's called Tyler. Well I think he is, but no one I know ever really uses their real name anymore, so it doesn't really matter too much. I've just been travelling with the Doctor, the one with the big ears? Ninth incarnation, I think.' That made her think for a moment, getting off topic a bit. 'What incarnation are you in now, if you don't mind my asking?' She'd wondered about it for a while, but she thought it might have been rude to ask. It was almost like asking how many times they had died, and that wasn't exactly a happy thing to think about.  Still, the topic came up, so she took her chance.

Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: An Exploration In 'Art'   Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Sonya smiled slightly as Robin spoke, listening to her talk and relaxing back into the seat as she fell into a routine she didn't even know she had until now. Finding someone from her past, catching up and drinking coffee. "I'm not really sure actually... With everything that happened with my split self... I don't know. I guess I'll find out when I die for good, yeah?" Chuckling lightly at her dark joke, she searched around the cafe for the waitress then waved her over to order another coffee, being too lazy to get up and get her old cup from the booth she had sat at only moments ago.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: An Exploration In 'Art'   Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:58 am

Robin feigned a small laugh, nodding along with her joke. Well that conversation turned sour quickly... 'So, what've you been up to lately? Seen any cool planets?' She was sort of asking because she was interested, but more because the Doctor seemed to reject most of her choices these days. Well sure, that one time she had almost gotten them all killed, but what are the chances of that happening again? Actually... don't answer that. But really, what's so bad about a planet with an entire island dedicated to art? Sure, it isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but when does anyone get the chance to see that? Whatever, she dropped it for now. He obviously wasn't one to sit still for two seconds and smell the roses. Wait a minute... 'Hey, have you ever heard of Queheitia?' She interrupted, wondering if there was something bad about that planet she should know about that the Doctor wasn't telling her. That, or if the Time Lady was willing to go. Honestly she was the only Time Lord she knew who had the capacity to sit still for that long.

PostSubject: Re: An Exploration In 'Art'   

Back to top Go down

An Exploration In 'Art'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1