Share | 

I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:16 pm

((Okay, don't exactly have a clear idea on where this is gonna go, but the site's dead, so why not?))

Olivia sighed, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel as she drove herself to high school. The first time she started doing this, she was afraid she'd get distracted and left the radio off, but quickly realized that there's nothing interesting about old, beat up farm houses and cornfields. Nowadays she would be perfectly fine with the music, but her eyes never left the road. Not until today. A thick fog rested over the fields of crops, fading away the closer it got to the blacktop. Olivia furrowed her brow, eyeing the mist cautiously. If that drifted into the street... She stressed by simply thinking of it. Forcing herself to focus on her driving, she glared at the road in front of her, realizing she had passed a stop sign. Oh well, not like cops actually watched this street anyway. As far as she knew, she was the only one who used it. The fog stayed for the next few days, almost as if it was watching her. 

On the fifth day, she finally pulled over to check it out, thinking it was odd for something like this to last that long. Stepping out of her car, she strode towards the white mass, her heels clicking on the pavement. 'Hello?' Her shout echoed, seeming to last for a whole minute. Placing her hands on her hips, she started into the grass and began to push through the corn stalks. Even if there was nothing out there, she didn't exactly have another way of finding out. Only when she began to cough from the dense air did she back out, heading back to her car and arriving to school five minutes late.

Every day after that, the mist retreated as she drove down the path, almost running from her very presence.

Robin leaned back in her chair, a ghost of a smile playing on her face. It had been forever since she'd been to America, and it was always a fun trip. Not just because of the odd person's reaction to her accent either; depending on the area she landed it, the place was actually quite nice. Right now, she was seated in a diner, waiting for the first proper meal she'd had in... what, three days? She honestly didn't mind, so she wasn't going to blame the Doctor for his forgetfulness. Then again, it wouldn't hurt to remind him every once in a while... assuming she remembered herself. A woman dressed in a bright yellow dress, hair done up in a bun, smiled politely as she brought the plate of eggs and bacon to her table. 'Enjoy your meal,' She screeched out, almost making Robin wince at the highness of her voice. 

'Thanks.... Olivia.' She read the girl's name tag before she walked away, picking up a piece of bacon and popping it into her mouth. Right now would have been a good chance to check the time... if she had a watch. It would never be accurate anyway, so there really wasn't a point to getting one. Glancing up at the retro clock placed above the door, she nodded to herself. 9:00 am. Alright then, still got 6 hours before the Doctor shows up, what trouble could she get into before then? A few minutes later, she was leaving a small pile of bills on the table, rushing out the door and down the road before they noticed it wasn't American money.

Student

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Xeltia stumbled across the sidewalk, having just regenerated.

~ Oh, I hate this proccess. ~

Coughing out some gold dust, she leaned against the wall, her head down.
"Hmm. I seem much shorter." She muttered indifferently, continuing to walk, using the wall as a crutch.
Since she was still looking down, she didn't see a girl walking the same way. Oh, did I mention that the girl she's about to walk into was the one she kidnapped and almost killed?
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:04 am

Robin yelped and stopped in her tracks as she almost ran over a ten year old girl. What was she doing out here alone? 'Oh, are you alright?' She asked as soon as she noticed her using the wall to get by. Poor thing, what happened to her? She'd heard of bad men doing... things... but not to the point of this. 'Here, let me help you. Where are you trying to go?' She questioned as she hurried to the girl's side and crouched down, slinging her arm over her shoulders. It upset her slightly that she barely had to bend over to do that. Even ten year olds were going to start being taller than her now, weren't they? Sighing and pushing that away, she turned her head to examine the poor girl's face. Nope, no one she knew. Not unless she was a Time Lord, but she didn't know any children like that, so... 'You got a name? Mine's Robin, if it matters.' She'd have shrugged at that if she weren't supporting her with her shoulders.

Student

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:24 pm

"Ah, yes, little Robin." Xeltia said, yanking her arm back, glaring. "The one I kidnapped and almost killed. Pity I didn't go through with it." She muttered, pouting childishly. "Though, of course, it would've just added to my insanity, if it was possible..." She trailed off, furrowing her brows.
"anyway, Robin, thanks for trying to help me, but I think I can walk perfectly fin one my own, it's bad enough I'm on this blasted planet, anyway. I don't need help from puny, mindless apes, especially if my brother is fond of them." She hissed the last part, hatred in her words.
Stumbling along, she only walked about a foot away before she collapsed, coughing violently.

"Darnit..."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Robin raised an eyebrow, allowing the girl to jerk her arm away. 'Sorry, love, more than a few people have tried to kill me, and I'm not even getting into capturing, so you're gonna have to be a bit more specific.' She let her go on, let her walk away, and let her collapse to the floor. Who was she? She was pretty sure that no little girls ever tried to kill her, so who the heck was this? Then again, it could be a Time Lord, but that only narrowed it down to about 3 so that wasn't too helpful. Running down towards the suffering child, she helped her up, at least letting her sit up if she was going to let her assist her walking. It took a minute to sink in, but she finally realized it. 'You're brother, eh? Well then... Nice to see you too, Xeltia... Seriously you're still mad? Even after I helped you with your Carrionite problem?'

Student

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Xeltia's head snapped to Robin, her eyes narrowed. "Oh, I'm not mad." She said, smiling coldly. Standing up, her legs shaking, her voice got louder with every word, "I'm furious! My brother left me to die on Gallifrey! He didn't care about me or our mother and father, he just ran away, like the coward he is!" He wouldn't care if I did anything wrong or stupid, or even dangerous! He just cares about his pathetic SELF!"
Xeltia stomped away, her anger seeming to give her enough energy.
"Oh, by the way, tell my brother that he deserves to die in a ditch, where no one will here him screaming!"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Robin blinked, staring at the little girl as she stomped off. Honestly? She would have found that scary if it didn't come out of the mouth of a child. Wow, is that what everyone thought of her? Gosh, that sucked... Standing up, she sped up her pace until she was matching the girl, arms crossed as she began to question her. 'Why are you still upset? I mean it. I've dropped my problems with my brother and my mum, and that was only, what, 3 years ago now? For you it's probably been centuries, if not decades! How can you still be angry with him? Did you ever think to stop and talk to him for a minute? Just to go find him and ask him why he did that? I mean... If you promise you're only going to talk, I could take you to him in a few hours...' Robin knew she wasn't the best at playing therapist, but she hoped the incentive of meeting the Doctor would be enough to get her to calm down, at least for the moment. Then, maybe if she was calm enough, she'd let her stick around until the Doctor came. But the second she tried to hurt him... Maybe she was small, but with the Time Lord regenerating into this, she could probably overpower her.

Student

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:46 pm

"Oh, no, I couldn't do that to him." A mock-sad expression on her face. "It would break his hearts to see what I've become." She sneered, crossing her arms. A thoughtful look replaced the previous look, her brows furrowed and a slight frown on her face. "Of course, I'd love to see him in pain, emotionally and especially physically." She shrugged indifferently, uncrossing her arms, putting them behind her back. "Alright, I agree to meet him, as long as I get to hurt him somehow, though based on your look, it'll have to be emotionally."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Robin's serious expression quickly morphed into a bright grin. 'Great! Just have to wait a couple of hours, though, he's not supposed to be here for quite a bit.' She shrugged, turning around and leading the girl back towards the diner she had just left. 'Well, assuming you've just regenerated, you could use some food, yeah? Even if you just got hurt, you look starving. That or you're just tiny, no offense.' Before, she would never have thought to add the last bit in, but knowing how the comments about her own size hurt, she'd be extra careful around that topic. As she pushed the door open for the Time Lord, she thought over the deal she had just made. Surely she couldn't hurt the Doctor that badly, right? Well... Okay, better learn her weaknesses right now, just in case she had to drag her out of the TARDIS later. 'Come on, a proper meal isn't gonna hurt, is it?'

Student

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:36 pm

"I'm not hungry." Xeltia grumbled, following her into the diner. "And I don't need an idiotic human to give me food." Plopping down on a seat, she put her head down, the world spinning after her anger tucked itself back into a corner of her brain.

~ Having a bite of food wouldn't hurt, would it? Yes, it would! Oh, but I'm starving! So?! That's a sign of weakness! I cannot just give in to temptation set before me by a human! It's...It's...Oh, alright. One bite. ~

(Be back tomorrow!)
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:06 am

Robin rolled her eyes, ushering the girl towards the booth she was sitting at earlier and snatching up the notes she had left. Good, they didn't take them yet, so they wouldn't know she still couldn't pay. Later she was going to have to do some pick pocketing... Oh well. Sitting down opposite the Time Lord, she sighed as she put her head down. Poor thing, all that anger and hatred... It only took a moment for a waitress to realize there was a newcomer to the table. Rushing to make it to their table before the other girls - to get the better pay later, of course - she realized something about the red head... Something odd. She wasn't sure what is was yet, but it was coming from the little girl too. Shaking her head, she smiled at the two of them - or Robin really, since Xel was still moping - and pulled her pencil out from behind her ear, readying her notebook. 'Welcome back! My name's Olivia and I'll be serving you today. What can I get you?' Robin winced at the shrillness of her voice again, then tapped Xel on the shoulder a few times. 'Hey, know what you want to eat or am I picking?'

Student

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:25 pm

"...A sandwich would be nice. Though I'm not saying I want one now, especially by an ape like her." She growled, beating herself up for admitting something.
"So, Robin how's life after being kidnapped by me?"
Xeltia smiled cruelly, sitting back in her seat and crossing her arms.
"You seem a bit different from the last time I met you, more helpful."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Robin looked up at Oliva, who seemed a bit lost when she just shrugged. Shaking her head, she wrote down 'ham sandwich' on her notepad and hoped it was good enough for the young girl, who seemed to be rather picky. Robin locked her attention back on the Time Lord, almost giggling at her statement. 'Honestly? You're not very intimidating as a little girl. Just sort of creepy. Trust me, you won't get over it very soon.' Smirking, she leaned forward on her elbows, hands supporting her head. 'You're not the only person to kidnap me, you know. There have been many worse after you. Actually, I barely mind what you attempted to do.' She emphasized the word, showing how meaningless her threats were when she actually never did much more than threaten her. After what Sonya and Torchwood had put her through, simple things like Xeltia didn't mean much to her. In fact, she had forgotten about the incident until she had brought it up. 'You think you could lighten up a bit? Just a little? You don't have to act like I'm some military spy trying to find your weaknesses.'

Student

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:47 pm

"You have a connection to my brother, you're a threat to me." Xeltia shrugged, smiling sweetly. "And I'll just ignore that 'little girl' comment, you're only, what? Nine? Ten? Either way, I'm just a bit older then you."
Shrugging off her dirty, oversized coat, she shoved it into a corner with her foot, inspecting her baggy clothes. "Aw, and I liked this shirt..." She muttered, adjusting what was left. Her sleeve was torn off, taking the shoulder part with it, the black pants covered with dirt.
"Why are these so big?" She asked no one in particular, then looked up at Robin.
"Is there a clothing store somewhere in this dreadful town? In fact, I'll be surprised if there's even plumbing."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Robin rolled her eyes at the Time Lord, knowing she knew she was older than ten. Just another person in the universe discriminating against age. Crossing her arms, she leaned back in her side of the booth and sighed, shaking her head. 'Even if I knew where one was, why would I tell you? Actually, why am I still sitting here?' With that, she left Xel to pay for her own sandwich as well as her meal from earlier, letting her take the blame for having no money. Honestly, she could take her digs, but she just wouldn't tolerate the age comment. Appearance is one thing, but to have people exclude you simply because you were younger was not okay. Really, at the moment, the alien looked younger than she did, yet she got to call the shots simply because she existed longer. Now how exactly is that fair? Pushing her way out of the diner once more, she hurried down the street to find the rest of the town, for once properly annoyed by someone she was getting away from and not the other way around.

Olivia came back just in time for Robin to leave the building, setting the sandwich in front of the young girl nervously. Well that was a bit awkward... Shaking her head, she put on her smile and nodded at the ham and cheese before her. 'Enjoy.' Turning around, her smile was quickly replaced by a frown, her instincts telling her that something wasn't right here. Oddly enough, her instincts hadn't told her much of anything until a week or so ago, but who was she to question it?

Student

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Staring after Robin, she smirked, chuckling. "Note to self, mention age often."
Xeltia blinked at the sandwich, giving a thumbs up to Olivia.
"So. This little thing is their version of a ham and cheese sandwich..." She muttered, then took a bite. Shrugging, she thought,

~ I have to give the humans a bit of credit. They make good sandwiches. ~

After finishing it, she stood up, walking behind the counter and opening the register. Scanning the contents, she took a handful of dollars, not caring if amyone saw her or not. "I suppose this is enough."
Sneaking to the door, she pushed it open, not noticing Olivia looking at her.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:14 am

Robin tilted her head down as she strode off the premises, not noticing the flash of light from in front of her. By the time she had picked up her head, it was a bit too late. Yelping, her hand rushed to her arm, narrowing her eyes at the empty space in the air. Finger reaching out hesitantly, she poked the spot she had just ran into, receiving a jolt. 'Ow!' Alright, well this was odd... Turning around, she hurried to make it back inside the diner and see what was going on, because either the source of the sudden forcefield was in there, or the reason for the forcefield was. Maybe both, who knew? Pushing the door open just a tad, she peeked inside just in time for Xeltia to come rushing out with a handful of money, who would have slammed the door in her face if she hadn't had the sense to get out of the way in time. 'You're not going to get very far with that!' She informed her, pushing the door open and moving inside. So she was most likely the reason, but if that was it, the source almost had to be from inside.

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!   

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Afraid Of Ghosts!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1