Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Veritaserum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:51 am

Rolling her eyes, Robin shook her head with a sigh. Of course he didn't know where it was. He probably didn't know what half of the things in there did, anyway. 'Are you even going to be able to find out how long it's gonna be in us?' She questioned, raising an eyebrow before remembering he had no choice but to answer truthfully now. Well not like that hurt anything, but still, she had to be careful. A simple word could reveal her entire cover in an instant, so there was no telling what could set him off. She'd have to remember to not phrase things as questions. Was that what the Doctor felt like when she lost her will? Probably not, with all the indirect commands he ended up giving her.

Walking inside the med bay, she admired the design for a moment. Much more techy than the Doctor's, but not to a point where it would feel like robots doing surgery - which was a bad idea in the 50th century and she was oh-so glad that it was stopped before she was born. 'Alright, at least tell me you know which thing does what.' There, not a question, but still getting an answer. It'd be a bit annoying, trying to remember that, but she'd manage.

Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Theta didn't need any truth serum to make him answer that question truthfully; after all, why on Gallifrey would he ever lie and say that he didn't know something?

"Yeah, should be pretty simple, and depending on the components of the serum, I might even be able to whip up a quick cure" he threw a cocky grin at Robin as he walked with her into the Med Bay, feeling the need, like always, to show off  "You underestimate me; this sort of thing is basic chemistry!"

He blinked as he took in her next words, placing a hand over one of his hearts and giving her a pouty-y look.

"I'm hurt! You don't think I know how to use my own Med Bay?" He dropped his hand and walked over to a grey, ATM-like machine that was nestled in the back right corner, pressing a few buttons on it "Trust me, they would've never given me a TARDIS license if I was unable to use a Med Bay. Can you imagine? A bunch of Timelords all over the universe, always having to regenerate because they can't recover from something simple, like a stopped heart. It'd be chaos!"

Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Robin rolled her eyes, a smile starting to form on her lips as she plopped down on the cot on the other side of the room, kicking her feet idly. Gosh, why was she so short? Couldn't even reach the floor on that thing, and it was hardly a tall surface. That's rubbish. 'Alright, alright, so you know how to work the Med Bay. Can't say it isn't at least a little surprising after you didn't even know your way to the room,' She giggled, watching him with little interest. The sooner they could get this over with, the sooner they could get on with doing something. This was rather boring, at the moment. Just sitting there waiting for - oh god. Her eyes widened as she began to back up, curling into a ball as she eyed what Theta had just retrieved from the machine. 'No way, spaceman, you're not using that thing on me.'

((assuming that was what you're doing >.> you sorta said so and it was too short so i added that bit to make it bearably short.))

Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:51 pm

((XD just makes my job easier, thanks))

Theta turned around, two small needles in his right hand, a confused expression on his face.

"What's wrong? It's just a needle..." His eyes widened in realisation, and he couldn't help but laugh at the idea of her phobia "You're afraid of needles? Really, with all the things we see and do, and you're afraid of a little poke! I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious"

He walked over to where Robin sat, looking like he was going to poke her with one of the sharp objects. Instead of doing that, though, he just set one of the needles down on the bed, an amused grin creeping onto his face.

"Without a blood sample, we won't be able to find out how long the serum will work on you, ya' know" he rummaged through his bigger-on-the-inside pockets with his free hand, bring out a small box and flashing it at Robin "I even have smiley-face band-aids!"

Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Robin's heart skipped a beat at the words 'what's wrong?', afraid of having to explain this to the Time Lord without him getting all worried. Too late now, bloody truth serum. Before she got a chance to talk, he was aiming one of the devil tools at her arm, causing her to yelp and scurry back into the corner. 'N-No, Theta, don't. Ever hear about Sonya going dark? Well, long story short, she drugged me more than a few times so if you don't mind I'd like to stay as far away from those demon tubes as I possibly can,' She shouted at him, running her words together and hoping he wouldn't ask for her to explain it again. She really, really did not need to worry him with that, it was quite a while ago. Still, she wasn't ready to deal with those just yet. 'D-Don't you have any other way of testing it?'

Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 7:22 pm

"Nope"

Theta shook his head to Robin's first question, popping his p at the end. He was really curious about that (since he hadn't seen his Timelady friend in a long while, and what was this about going dark?) but he figured that was a question best saved for later, when she wouldn't be forced to answer. By the expression on her face, it was a touchy subject. A very touchy subject. If Theta didn't want his touchy subjects...touched, then he should probably stay away from Robin's.

At least until he figured out how long they's be drugged with this truth serum, anyways.

Theta smiled reassuringly, rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Yes, I have other ways, but I can imagine that they'd all be worse than the needle. Do you want to cut yourself on the finger with a knife?" He gave her no time to answer "Of course not. Well, I guess a paper cut could work..." He frowned for a moment, thinking about the possibility. After a few seconds, his distant expression was replaced with a bright smile, as if the news he was telling Robin was absolutely pleasant "Back to the point! You poke yourself with a needle, you find out how long you have to tell the truth for. Don't poke yourself, and we might never know. Your choice! But I personally want to find this out for myself" he stuck his tongue out at her "I get a smiley face band-aid, Ms. I'm afraid of needles"

With that, Theta rolled up his jacket sleeve, and shoved the tip of the needle into his arm. His expression was scrunched up for a few seconds, showing that he was in pain, but it (partially) vanished as soon as the needle was out again. In the clear place where the fluid-y stuff goes, was this orange-ish, red-ish stuff. Thet sent Robin a weak smile.

"S-see? Didn't hurt a bit" he turned to start analysing the serum in his bloodstream, mumbling to himself. "Rassilon, should have thought about where to poke that before I did..."

Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Robin closed her eyes and looked away as he used the needle, shuddering at the thought. Did she want to use a knife instead of a needle? Any day! A scalpel was much better than some mysterious point of metal that's been who knows where filled with who knows what. Looking back up, she grimaced at the tube of blood, backing up into the wall and curling in on herself, wrapping her arms around her shins and resting her chin on her knees. '... Alright. Got a scalpel?' She asked, raising an eyebrow as she glanced around the room. Honestly, she'd rather cut her bloody finger off than be stuck with one of those things. 'I'll even do it myself if you don't want to - actually I would rather I did - just no needles.' Her tone left no room for argument, her eyes still flickering to the devil point nervously.

((.. I tried x_x))

Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Theta frowned, wordlessly pointing to the dispenser where he had gotten the needles. Ok, he got that Robin didn't like needles, but he hadn't expected her to fear them quite this much. It made him wonder; what exactly did this 'darkened Sonya' do to scare her this much?

Yep, that was, without a doubt, the first thing he'd ask once the truth serum wore off.

"You can get one from there. The code's 3955" he turned back to the table he was in front of, sliding a microscope and a few petri dishes over. Thet barely registered the work he started to do, so lost in his thoughts that his actions were on autopilot. It was driving him mad, not knowing what the whole ordeal was about. If you knew Theta, you knew that he hated not knowing things. It wouldn't be long before the Timelord lost his composure and asked, truth serum or not.

Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Nodding silently, Robin got up and moved over to the dispenser, taking a moment to figure out how it worked before punching in 3955 and getting the scalpel. Turning around, she moved back over to where Theta was and watched him for a moment, not wanting to have to cut herself when he wasn't even ready to take the blood. After a minute, she realized she was never really going to figure out when he was done and sighed, raising the blade to her finger and squinting her eyes. She let out a hiss as she nicked the tip, then set the blade down and held the digit out to the Time Lord. 'There. I was promised a smiley face bandaid then, was I?' She giggled halfheartedly, watching with feigned interest as a bit of blood settled itself above her skin.

Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Theta smiled, taking a small cotton swab and dabbing her finger gently. He then handed her one of the promised bandaids. Sure enough, the bright blue strip was covered in yellow smileys.

"That you were. Here you go!" He turned back to his work, fiddling with the knobs on the microscope. After a moment, he realised Robin must still be standing there, waiting for him to finish. But this was going to take some time, especially the synthesising a cure part, and she was undoubtedly going to get tired of just standing around. Not to mention Thet would get tired of her hovering by his shoulder the entire time. He flipped a hand in the general direction of the door.

"This might take a while, so you can go and do some, I dunno, human-y thing or another. The kitchen's around here somewhere, if you're hungry. We never did get to eat breakfast, after all"

Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Robin sighed, crossing her arms and beginning to stroll out of the room, her finger sticking out as to not mess with the bandage. 'Alright, fair enough, but you don't have to make a cure if it's not going to be in our systems long - just saying.' Pausing a moment, she watched him for another second before leaving for the kitchen, brow creased in worry. Hopefully this stuff didn't last too long, they hadn't had much so it wouldn't - right? Then again, human biology versus space drugs - just her luck she'd be like that for a week. Shaking her head, she moved her way into the kitchen to make some proper waffles instead of the abomination Theta had attempted an hour or so back.

((Short, but I think we need to time skip x_x the drug would only last about an hour in a human so that makes it 30 minutes for a Time Lord? Cause two hearts? I think >.> Either way. Time skip?))

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum   Veritaserum - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veritaserum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: