Drastic Measures

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 3:17 pm

((Closed to Ninny, Coco, Hanna, and I))

Robin kicked her feet idly, gazing at the floor of the console room. She was sprawled out upside down on the jumpseat, her legs dangling over the back. Today the TARDIS was a bit more crowded than usual, with addition of 2 more humans in the mix. One of them she was a bit afraid of letting in here. He was an alien investigator, after all, he might get a bit too curious... In the mean time, she was stuck here, waiting for whatever it was exactly the Doctor was doing. The other - a girl she remembered vaguely from that one time with the photobooth (that whole day was a bit fuzzy) - she couldn't see harming a fly. Then again, she wouldn't harm a fly either, but she'd probably caused more trouble than she was worth at this point... A beep from the console snapped her out of her thoughts. Wasn't that the one for distress signals? Or wait.. maybe it was the one for the kitchen. Doubtful, though, the Doctor wasn't making any food, was he? Well if he was, that might explain why the TARDIS felt the need to alert them about it. It was much more likely to be a distress signal though.

((Not the best, but Sonya said she was gonna do a thing so I'm sort of leaving the intro situation to her x_x))

Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 3:24 pm

The Doctor poked his head from around a corridor doorway, staring at the console and listening to the beeping noise coming from it. "Oi!" He said sharply, gaining attention of everyone there while he walked up and poked at a few buttons, shutting the sound off before turning around and narrowing his eyes on the other man with them. "You! You didn't touch anything did you? Honestly, Robin, I don't see why you insisted on bringing anyone else along. We've done worse than this with only the two of us. And don't bring up the time we were in a cell for three days, we got out didn't we?"

With his eyes rolled up to the ceiling, he turned back around and began tapping at the controls in rapid succession, setting the TARDIS to fly before turning back to the group, obviously uncomfortable with so many in his ship at once. It was one thing when he had Rose and Jack, he trusted the both of them. But the other two that were drug into the TARDIS, he didn't really know them. He knew the man, but not well enough. "Right then! Off we go, don't touch anything and hold on!" With that said, he reached over and yanked down the lever that sent them spiraling into the vortex, causing the ship to shake and wobble violently.

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:23 pm

((If coco and hanna don't join this, we're leaving them >.>))

Robin yelped, quickly clinging to the jump seat as she tried to shift her position and get upright at least. Shouting over the noise of the TARDIS, she rolled her eyes. 'Oi! You were the reason we got stuck in there! Thought you said you were aware of the laws, but nooo, just had to go stick your nose in the King's affair! Honestly, don't you know better by now?!' Getting into a much more comfortable position, she managed to maintain a grip on the seat and ride out the jolts until they had landed.

'Alright, where are we this time?' It wasn't unusual for the Doctor to rush off somewhere unannounced, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to ask. She didn't really feel like getting an answer though and wanted to find out for herself, so she leapt off the jump seat and dashed to the doors, swinging them open to reveal... Oh. Well that wasn't right. 'Might want to try that one again, I think you landed in front of the wall... again...' She snickered.

Student
Student
Hanna_Holloway

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:30 pm

She peered across the console at the redheaded girl she remembered from before, Robin was it? Yeah, she was pretty sure it was Robin. Besides, how she could forget that red hair. Every time she saw it, she thought of a torch. Or a fire hydrant. A blinking light and a beep from the console caught her eye before it was torn to a man with big ears and a leather jacket. 'Does he get younger and better looking each time?' she wondered.

She rose an eyebrow and smiled slightly, she may not know who the other man was or really know this Doctor, but it was wonderful to be traveling again. Her grip tightened on the bars she was leaning against as she knew what came next when he pulled that lever. And, just as she knew it would, the bigger-on-the-inside box began to shake. She couldn't help but relate it to a blender, but without the choppy uppy part. Her hand slid down the bar and she turned slightly, bending her legs as she tried her best not to fall to the grating beneath her feet. She smiled and let out a small laugh, soft and quiet, but a laugh all the same. How she'd missed this. After you got used to it, you couldn't fathom leaving. And yet she had, so many times. And every time she came back it was a different experience. So when you were dragged into a blue box by a torch you hadn't seen for a while with another man and a version of a man you did know but didn't, it was definitely different.

Once the rocking about stopped and she was able to keep her balance without holding onto something or being thrown ton the ground, she watched as Robin went to the doors and opened them. Laughter bubbled up inside and threatened to spill out at the sight of what awaited outside the doors. A few giggles escaped when Robin stated the apparent wall. Quickly covering her mouth, she stifled the laughter and looked over at the Doctor, smiling behind her hand. Some things just didn't change.
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 2:49 am

(Ooh, shiny new roleplay!)

Nate looked around in disbelief, not even registering the TARDIS' movement, he was just fascinated by the size. Bigger on the Inside. 4 simple words. The simple fact of the matter though, was that those 4 words were ridiculous when brought together in that formation. The human mind simply couldn't comprehend it until it saw it. And see it he did. "Fantastic..." he muttered, poking the console softly and listening to see it anything happened. Nothing. It was steady. That was probably a good thing. "Can we just run over this one more time?" he asked, hopping over to the others. Literally, hopping on one leg. He'd banged his other leg on a large metal rectangular object when he'd entered. "What, exactly, are we actually doing?" He was convinced that this was all some kind of conspiracy to steal his countless hours of important research into the solid truth that aliens created marmite, but he was too polite to say. Yet.

Nate:
'His methods aren't the most orthodox but he gets results' - Sophie Smith
'You do know your cat probably has more sanity than you do' - Robin Terrell
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Shooting a look of annoyance over at Robin, the Doctor pulled his scanner over to study it for a moment. "No, there is no wall there. Fifteenth century England, June, Wales. I know exactly where and when we are, and where we are has no walls for miles..." He strode over to where his young companion stood and trailed off once he set eyes on the brick wall in front of the door. "Ah. Well. There shouldn't be one there." He added sharply, turning back around to shift the TARDIS to face another direction.

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:28 am

Robin giggled  at his reaction, vaguely wondering why he would bring them to Wales. Then again, it'd be a bit easier to comprehend than actual space. Or the future. But as far as she knew, they'd all seen at least an alien, if not some other time period. Most of them, anyway. Waiting for the telltale sound of the TARDIS to die down, she pushed the doors open once more to reveal... a grassy field. And why did he take them there? Odd, considering he could barely stand not moving for more than ten seconds. Five seconds, really.

Strolling out with a raised eyebrow, she spun around to get a good look and find out what that brick wall was about. And then she saw it. A big, brick cube. Did it even have an opening? 'What's the point of building a big brick cube in the middle of nowhere..' She murmured, slowly beginning to move towards it. It must have been several stories - three at least - but had no clear way in. So what, secret passage way? Tunnel? It didn't make much sense, now did it? 'What are we here for again?' She called back, turning to face the rest of the group.

Student
Student
Hanna_Holloway

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:42 pm

She stopped laughing and leaned back against the bars as she watched the Doctor get the TARDIS into a better spot so they could actually leave the TARDIS. Instead of being stuck inside. Watching as Robin went outside, she wondered for a brief second why the child had decided to even come for her. She glanced back at the other man she didn't know and then looked over at the Doctor before walking out the TARDIS doors.

She spanned the place with her eyes before turning around and letting her eyes settle on the box. 'Well...Never seen this before.' She thought. "Keeping something in? Or us out, I wonder." She said thoughtfully before looking at Robin. She raised an eyebrow and looked over her shoulder at the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 2:40 am

"Or both?" Nate grinned appearing beside them. He hadn't been listening to anything before hen, so he seemed disappointed as he observed their surroundings. "Wales..." He muttered in disbelief. He brushed a hand back through his hair shoved it back into his pocket. "...and cold." He made his teeth chatter for a moment then exaggerated a shiver just to prove his point. "Again I ask, what are we doing?"

Nate:
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Stepping outside the doors with them, the Doctor eyed the structure curiously. "No one makes something to keep people out. Anything made is to keep something in. Bank vaults to keep money inside, houses for heat and people, boxes containing precious gems... The only reason someone says 'keep out' is to make them try and get inside." Flashing them a wide grin, he pointed out a small plaque set into the side of one of the walls with the words 'Stay Out' written in bold.

Without bothering to explain what he was doing, much less thinking, the Doctor pulled his sonic out and began scanning the exterior of the brick structure carefully, checking each crack and corner before coming in full circle with a frown. "Nothing mechanical, no lock or latch, it was... Built like this. Fantastic isn't it? Goes to show humans knew how to build things back in your past. Look at this thing! In your time, everything comes in a kit, houses, entire cities raised overnight because everything is laid out and planned. Tab A goes into Slot B. Boring really, now this... This is beautiful, magnificent and yes... Fantastic." As he spoke, the Doctor paced around the box, a look of pure excitement plastered across his face while studying it as close as he could without scraping his nose.

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Robin glanced back at the detective with a raised eyebrow. 'Haven't I told you like a million times already? We're going traveling. Told ya I'd get you out here some day, didn't I?' Returning her attention to the Doctor, she listened to him rambling on about human engineering, a small smirk on her face. One minute he was praising them, the next he was acting as if they were the worst murderers in the universe. She could almost never tell anymore. Leaning against the brick as he began to inspect it, she felt something move beneath her shoulder. Frowning, she shifted a bit to inspect it just to see one of the bricks had moved. 'Well this wasn't built very well was it?' Tapping on it, she realized it could still be pushed out of the way, so naturally, she shoved it in as far as it would go - to reveal a trap door in the dirt.

With a yelp, she landed on a hard, metal floor below, no lighting besides the sun from above. 'Ow..' She murmured, getting to her feet and brushing herself off. 'That's one way to get inside... Oi! You lot! Down here!'

Student
Student
Hanna_Holloway

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:48 pm

She looked at the Doctor. "Not when you're building snowmen. There is no Tab A and Slot B. There's just flakes." She said, not sure where the thought had come from. Crossing her arms, she watched the Doctor inspect the cube like thing. 'At times like this, I wish I had a wrecking ball...' She thought, looking over the brick cube herself. A few thoughts slipped into her head before she brought her attention to the yelling from the red headed girl. God, she really needed to remember that girls' name.
She stopped at the edge of the opening and looked down at Robin. "You alright?" She asked before looking at the Doctor, wondering if it was such a good idea to jump in herself. She shrugged and jumped down into the hole, landing on her feet. "If anything was going to grab us, it'd have grabbed you the moment you fell down here." She commented, dusting herself off, some dirt having fallen onto her.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:01 pm

"Not always, sometimes they like to wait until you sit down, or lean against something, I'd suggest standing in the center of the floor. But then again, I have seen trapdoors inside of trapdoors before too. So either way, you jumped into a trap." The Doctor called down to them, leaning over the hole as he examined it curiously. "Move aside, I'm coming down." He added before swinging over the edge and gripping onto it before dropping himself down neatly onto the floor. "Ah there we are, nice and comfy." Flashing the two girls with him a wide smile, he dug into his pocket before pulling out a penlight and shining it around the room.

Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 7:38 am

Nate had been strangely quiet for the duration of this performance from the others. He was looking over the edge with a raised eyebrow, intrigued. There was something off about this. Apart from the big brick cube of course. In fact, now that Nate thought about it, there was everything off about this. With a shrug, he grinned then leaped down after the others. "Great..." he muttered, "Now my suit's muddy..." He brushed himself down then fished around in his pocket until he came out with a black flash-light torch. "Mine's bigger than yours," he commented to the Doctor as he flicked it on.

Nate:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drastic Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drastic Measures   Drastic Measures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drastic Measures
Page 1 of 1