Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Hymn to the Fallen I_vote_lcapHymn to the Fallen I_voting_barHymn to the Fallen I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Hymn to the Fallen I_vote_lcapHymn to the Fallen I_voting_barHymn to the Fallen I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Hymn to the Fallen

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:58 pm

**[Closed to Nine, Robin, and Mal]

New Earth, 5060

Eyes closed, hands folded in front of her, and head bowed in silence, Mal meditated behind her mahogany desk. Things had worked out for her in the ways that counted, her underground army was complete and ready for whatever threat stood before her. She would give the command, watch her lovelies rip apart all the hope her enemies possessed so they may lay broken in her wake.

There were certain things, however, eating at her, and not in the way one may think. She felt no guilt, no regret nor pity for her losses. No, what she felt was anger, rage, and hatred. She was suppose to be the taker, not the taken from. But, alas, here she was, missing her son and having no real partner at her side. Lucius was suppose to be here already, basking in the glory Mal brought to their name; the Doctor had found him, of course, and taken him as far away as possible before Mal could swoop in and retrieve her precious child... their precious child. As for the Doctor himself.. well, he had denied her as she knew he would and so, as she had hoped she would be able to, had confined the flesh copy to her dungeons. By now he would be nothing more than an ore waiting to be refined.

"I don't need them. No, I don't need anyone; not when all the worlds will belong to me." After letting out one last, soothing breath, she opened her eyes and licked her lips with slow contemplation. Her forearm rose and wiped the forming sweat from her brow before she reached out and took hold of a syringe, the only thing resting on her desk. Stretching out her opposite arm, she flexed before placing the tip on the bend of her arm and pushing the button. It hissed, releasing the cold fluid into her arm and Mal let out a soft sigh.

"I'm coming, friends, you can count on it. First stop is 2020. I'll bend you, break you... make you mine. Brace yourselves for I won't stop until there's a river of blood." The words came out as a hiss though they ended with a loud laugh that she just couldn't stop.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 11:38 pm

"Oi! Robin, I told you to hold that lever down! Do you want them to get in here?" The Doctor shouted from across the room where he stood, leaning against the TARDIS doors with all of his weight to keep the natives of the planet they had happened to land on. Honestly, who could take that much offense to a simple little indication that their clothing was a little too revealing? After all, he had a younger companion with him! Was it too much to ask to have the men put some trousers on?

With a low groan, he shoved the door shut again, fumbling with the lock frantically while casting another glance over at the girl standing next to the controls. "The RED lever, RED!" He shouted, his eyes rolling upwards as he tried to slide the bolt home only to have the door pushed open a little too much once more and force him to loose his grip on the lock only to shove back as hard as he could. Blimey they had some arm strength here. Then again.. Four arms did make up for being a bit too thin, wouldn't it? "HURRY UP!"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:20 am

Robin yelped, frantically searching the console for the lever he was talking about. But it was so confusing? How did he even manage to fly this thing? It's basically impossible! Her eyes kept flickering up towards the door the Doctor was forcing shut, simply unable to find the one she was meant to push down. She didn't want to hit the wrong one, not after what happened last time. 'Yeah, if you haven't noticed, there are like 12 red levers over here!' She shouted back, finally deciding on one and shoving it down to find it did absolutely nothing. Ugh, brilliant.

Scrambling for the other side of the console, she pushed down another, this time only managing to earn a loud hum from the TARDIS. What did she do? No time to find out, have to find the real lever. Gosh, this should be a game - find the secret button before the nearly nude aliens murder you violently. Alright, maybe not a very good game. Finding yet another red lever, she shoved it down and held it there, waiting for something to happen - and for once, something did.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:31 pm

"We're ready, ma'am." The soldier was sitting behind a bulletproof room, staring wide-eyed at Mal as he waited for her go ahead. The heavy breaths and grunts of the boxed creatures behind their commander resounded through the terminal, causing chills in some of the Torchwood employees.

Mal smiled, slowly, surely, and she revelled in the moment of absolute power. Or rather, what she thought would turn out to be so. Nothing made her more excited than the thought of giving a command and having it answered with no questions. Questions were annoying, complicated, and pointless. Wouldn't the universe be much better, peaceful, calm, if they all followed just one set of rules, one master. Yes, that would be the ideal universe Mal was seeking out. It was about time to annihilate the threat and move on to her next event.

"Activate." She breathed out and the young soldier nodded, turning to the computer and typing in the codes. In front of her, space ripped apart, lined by riveting blue and revealing the image of the streets of London. Shocked gasps and screams had already begun at the abnormal sight of a portal.

"Citizens!" Mal shouted as she stepped through the rippling gap, grinning at the once-upon-a-time neighbours and friends, "Don't be alarmed! I'm looking for something very important, very promising. That something is your cooperation. Listen towhat I have to say and you will be able to walk out of this with your lives. You've failed my first few tests and it's strike three, you're out. Don't fail me thrice."

The crazed woman was walking down the street as she shouted at the people, letting them stare at her like she was crazy. It didn't much matter, those stares turned into fearful realization when her mutilated army started to crawl through the portal, marching along behind her like drones. Each set of them were different, representing this creation and that that had been going on in the underground Torchwood facilities in New Earth. Beautiful, really, how they turned out so well.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:00 am

"Finally!" The Doctor crowed in excitement as the deadlock seal activated, shoving the offenders away from the TARDIS, giving the Doctor enough time to slam the door shut and slam the bolt home. "That ought to hold them off, now move out of the way." He added sharply, running over to the controls and setting them to carry the TARDIS away from where they were quickly. As soon as they entered the vortex and the shaking subsided a bit, he looked over at Robin and burst out laughing suddenly, the look on her face, split between confusion and an utter frantic look.

"We're fine now, I doubt anyone is clinging to the outside of the ship this time." He added in an attempt to calm her down before pulling the scanner over and checking the ship's vitals. Suddenly a large alarm blared in their ears for a few seconds, the lights in the TARDIS dimming to a deep red before returning back to normal and displaying a news channel on the screen in front of him. "That's... That's London, why the..." Trailing off, the Doctor didn't bother finishing his sentence as the point of the story came into view. Mal, followed by her army of pathetic excuses for life.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:09 am

Robin raised an eyebrow at the Doctor's sudden laughter, wondering how in the universe he could find that funny. Actually it wasn't that far of a stretch... Still. The thought of someone clinging outside the ship at all wasn't exactly as reassuring as he'd probably hoped. It was bloody terrifying last time it happened - stepped out into a pile of charred bones and dust! She yelped as the alarm went off, glancing around to try and find the source of the noise before remembering there really wasn't one. What was that for? As the news channel appeared on the screen, she moved over to see it, a frown crossing her features as she tried to figure out what it was there for.

Her eyes widened once she caught sight of Mal, marching down the street with an army at her side. Well, not at her side exactly, of course, she probably wouldn't allow such a demeaning gesture. Still, this was outrageous. She knew she'd gone mad - she'd gone and bloody murdered her - but this was a bit extreme wasn't it? Whatever she was planning, it had to be something big. Big, and more importantly, destructive. 'Well then...'
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:23 am

"Alrighty, good, now you folks go in doors and turn on the telly, how does that sound? As for me and my lovelies... well." Mal left it at that, striding down the asphalt with a look of determination set on her face. The helicopters were flying above, no doubt filming the entire ordeal. Good, she wanted everyone to see what she was capable of. But for now there would be no killing, perhaps just some maiming.

"Or killing, it's so hard to decide. Shoot it down." One of the aliens behind her, pale in colour with broad shoulders, a gorilla-like face, and jagged bone sticking from its spine, raised a gear-equipped hand towards the helicopter. The whine of the device powering up sounded before an orange blast shot out, colliding with the helicopter before completely disintegrating it; only small bits of debris showered down on the Earth.

That's when the screaming really started.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:47 pm

"We're going to London." The Doctor snapped, his eyes flashing dangerously while he moved around the console, all of his previous energy devoted to the task at hand. How could she do this? It was her own kind! Shaking off the unwelcome voice that came forward, he narrowed his eyes at the settings, watching carefully as the date slowly turned to the one he needed most at the moment.

Perhaps she spent too much time with you. Perhaps she's turning into you, Doctor...
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Robin continued staring at the new feed, frown deepening as it swapped to an aerial camera. What was that, one of her minions? Only a few moments later, an orange blast was sent towards the camera before it cut into static, making Robin jump back in surprise. The news stream quickly swapped to another camera, showing London in almost absolute chaos. Bloody hell, Mal, where did that innocent barista go?

Glancing over at the Time Lord, she managed to catch a rather dark look overtaking his face. '.. Doctor?' He couldn't think it was his fault, could he? Well knowing him, he probably did since he blamed nearly everything on himself. Still, couldn't let him sulk like that, could she? Trying again, she made her voice a tad louder, 'Doctor?'
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Mal laughed as her creations ransacked buildings, dragged people out and tormented them for no reason other than amusement.  They only ever killed the ones that tried to run but of course mankind never thought that that is why they'd be gunned down.  No, according to their logic if they stayed near the aliens they would surely die.  That wasn't the case in this situation.  Mal was rounding them up like sheep and disposing of the ones who tried to make a get away.  No sense letting that 'wool' into the hands of any rivals.  You're rich when your neighbour is poor.  

"Oh, come on!  Where's your gun power?  I'd expect more from the British Army.  Hell, you might want to get UNIT involved.  Well, may as well get the UN in on it too, actually.  I'd much sooner die than quit, and even then I'll be here to haunt you.  Ha!"  Now where's my boy?  He's somewhere on this bloody Earth, but where?"  Her eyes scanned the London grounds though she doubted he would be so close to her.  

Ammunition was fired in her direction.  Mal growled and quickly darted into an alley.  A purple figure soundlessly stood by her side, earning a beloved smile from the woman avoiding a death too early.  "Oh, Vinny, so loyal.  Why don't you go make new friends.  And get the others to destroy their weapons.  No sense letting them create a gap in our numbers, hm?"

It obliged, floating away to cause havoc to the poor souls closest.  War and terror echoed through the dusky city, represented by sweat, tears, cries, blood, loss.

"Oh, too soon." She grimaced, propping her back against the wall as she removed the glove from her right hand.  Flexing and tilting it this way and that, a shiver ran through her as the appendage twitched.  "I'm so excited.  So, very excited.  Ow! Curses!  Stop that, stop!"  Her veins pulsed and turned a sickly purple that outlined a spider's web on her hand.  She huffed a pained breath before fishing into her pocket, snatching her second syringe and quickly plunging it into her arm.  A muffled groan escaped her as the calming liquid flowed through her body and soothed the angered blood stream back to it's natural state.  "80mL intravenously injected."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:26 pm

"Hm? Nothing, nothing at all. Off we go." The Doctor said suddenly, jerking out of his daze as he fussed with the controls once more, completely ignoring Robin as he worked. She was still young, he could keep her from getting into anymore trouble, he could keep her from turning into something like Mal. All he had to do was drop her off somewhere safe... Somewhere she could make a home...

Shooting a quick look over at her, he finally caught sight of the worried face she wore and felt a low sigh escape him. He couldn't, no matter how much he wanted to, he couldn't. All she'd have to do is get a hold of someone else, like Sonya for instance, just to be dropped back off with him so she could lecture him for days on end about leaving her behind. Shaking his head sharply, the Doctor reached over and yanked the lever, stopping the TARDIS and landing her semi-quietly in an empty house he knew of on the edge of London. "Robin, I'm not going to bother telling you it's dangerous out there. You saw." He began, locking his eyes on the controls for a moment then looking over at her with a stern expression on his face. "Stay here. I mean it, Don't wonder off, don't follow me. And do not open the TARDIS doors for anything. I have a key. DO you understand me?"

Without waiting for her reply like usual, he turned and headed for the doors only to stop there and turn back to look at her with a slight frown. "If I don't come back, you'll know... Just hit the green button with a red dot in the center, it'll take you to a place I programmed into it. There's help there." With a last glance around the control room, he turned and opened the doors to step outside and lock them securely behind him. "Right..."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:30 pm

Robin was about to protest to his plans, but he was already out of the ship. Who did he think he was? Well... Whatever. Who did he think she was, then? He'd been around long enough to know she wasn't just going to stand there and wait for him. So what if Mal was tearing the city apart? She'd been through quite a bit worse. Rolling her eyes, she waited about ten seconds to see if she could even manage to stay still that long, and ended up shoving her way out in six, fumbling with the lock taking up most of that. 'Oi, where do you think you're going?'

Rushing up to him to catch up, she crossed her arms with a glare. 'I'm not staying in there, and you can't make me. Why should you get to have all the fun, eh?' Raising an eyebrow, she shifted her feet just enough to try and plant herself to the spot in case he thought this was serious enough to have to drag her back. No way was she giving up without a fight on this one, it was Mal! Who in their right mind would pass up trying to stop that monster?

((No offense, Mal >.>))
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:39 pm

((OMG so offense, very rage, much sad.  Jk, none taken))

Mal was still pressed against the wall, her eyes lidded as she simply slumped against the brick.  She seemed slack, at ease and unconcerned about what she started.  However it ended, it would end tonight, she was promised that through her visions.  Those visions never lied, they showed her the truth.  Everything was brighter, better, but for whom?  It hardly mattered, Mal had enough confidence and beyond to convince herself she would win and the rest crumble.

"Right..."  Sniffing, she pushed off the wall and strode out of the alley.  The majority of the battling had moved further into London; she could see the lighting up of white and orange as soldiers from both group were no doubt being gunned down.  Oh well, that's how things were suppose to be.

A portion of her army was still near by, formed in a circle to guard the cowering people within.  With a smile, Mal approached the group.  "Practise round or reinforcements? Hm, I'll let one of you decide.  So, go on.  You, with the look of dread in your eyes.  Oh, wait, that's all of you."  She laughed before pointing to a man with a green hat on his head, "Choose."

"Wh-what?"  He looked at the others with wide eyes, silently pleading for one of them to jump in and help.  No one did, of course, so he looked back at Mal and swallowed hard.  Well, maybe his choice would have been easier if he knew what the practise round was... or what reinforcements even meant.

"Boring and too slow.  Reinforcements it is."  She waved her hands apart and smiled when her lovely monsters parted like the red sea.  Dauntingly, Mal approached and reached up to her ear, turning on her radio and purring, "Check my coordinates and launch the genetic manipulation encoder. Oh, let's say from Cell 72."

She stepped back again after the command was set and shortly after a portal identical to the one she had arrived through opened up above the crowd of about thirty human beings. They began to whimper, some shouted, but they didn't try to run. A pale yellow beam, as wide as the diameter of the group, shot out and engulfed the people below. Shrieks of agony rang out as their shadows changed.

"Did I forget to mention it was going to hurt? Oh well, hello, my lovelies."

The beam vanished without several minutes, clearing away to reveal identical creatures like the one that had shot down the helicopter earlier. They all looked at each other, dazed and confused but with a snap of Mal's fingers they turned at attention.

"You belong to me now. Aren't you glad I spared your lives? Now go, fight, and bring me glory!"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:15 pm

"Robin, I told you. Get inside the TARDIS! Now!" The Doctor shouted with sudden anger. The wave of thoughts that crashed over him brought with them a thousand images of a thousand ways she could be killed, be tortured or taken away from him, the simple images would be enough to make him lock her inside, but the cries and screams eerily echoed those of his home planet that caused his hearts to pound with fear.

Grabbing the girl's upper arm tightly, he marched her back to the TARDIS and shoved her inside with a finger pointing straight in her face. "Do not open this door, do not leave and for Rassilon's sake, DO. NOT. FOLLOW. ME." Shooting her a sharp look, he slammed the door shut and pulled his sonic out to deadlock it from the outside. "I'm sorry, Robin. Hate me if you want, but this is the only way I know how to keep you safe..." He murmured finally, resting a hand on the wooden door before turning and walking off once more.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:07 pm

The new recruits were off, trudging through the streets and calling out in a new found rage as they went to bestow death to their enemies. It was a pleasant sight for Mal, like a mother leading off her kids to school for the first time. How proud she was.

And to think there was more to come.

It wasn't right having the TARDIS here. The feeling of it held so many stories, so many nightmares, and it drew him to it like a light would a fly. How fascinating, infatuating, and completely his. His as in the Doctor's. He had not a single heart that Mal had demanded them to destroy but he was not on his master's side either. That would never do and he was quite certain Mal would want this leather-wearing alien in her clutches.

And so, as silently as night falls, Vincent glided towards the Doctor. As the man's hand was resting against ancient wood he reached out and snatched the man. The easiest way to go without a fight was to lock his limbs using fear... and that's exactly what Vincent used. Leeching what he scented first, the fear of losing Robin, he pulled it out and feasted all the while dragging the time lord back to Mal.

'Doctor, please...' The young redhead was laying on the ground, bloodied, broken, all because of him. Her legs were twisted and bent below her as a spear protruded from gut. The blood just wouldn't stop, it seeped through the wound and pooled to the ground, creeping towards the Doctor in a taunting matter. 'How could you? You were suppose to be there for me..'
"

"Well, well, what have we here? Oh, Vincent, a gift for me? You're too kind. Let him go, I want him coherent." As the purple alien dropped the man to Mal's feet, the sadistic woman started to pace. "You're late. But that's always been your problem, hasn't it? Late by a few years or even minutes... it doesn't matter by how much, the fact is you always are. Well, you're too late here now too. Over half of London is gone, my friend, and I would suggest you leave if I wasn't so fond of the idea of cutting your throat myself."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Shaking his head with wide, wild eyes, the Doctor watched the vision fade away to be replaced by Mal's face and blinked in surprise. Blimey that thing, don't let it touch you. He silently reminded himself as he got to his feet and stared at Mal with a sudden frown. "Mal, you have to stop this..." He murmured, struggling over what to say to the woman who had been a big part of his life. Always there when he needed her, and when she needed him, he was gone. A Time Lord without a good sense of time, what a joke.

Swallowing slightly, he held out a hand to her, palm up as he offered it to Mal. "Let me help you. What happened, whatever did this to you, I can fix it." He finally said, silently cursing himself for sounding like his next regeneration rather than himself. "What your doing, You can't think this will do any good. What do you expect to come out of this, Mal? What do you want out of all of this? You destroy the universe, then you're alone, no one there for you when you need them. I know this, I've done this, I've... I know what it feels like to be alone without anyone to care."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:27 pm

That small, taunting smile was forming on the left side of her mouth. Did he think his little speeches were going to help him now? They didn't help last time and now she was far too victorious to be swayed. All of her experiments, all her machinery and glory were beyond what she ever dreamed. This was much better than her visions, than those whispered promises that came to her in the dusk. This, this was the moment she had dreaded all those years ago yet this was the best she had ever been. Really, she never had anything to fear.

"Oh, Doctor." She tsked, "Doctor, Doctor, Doctor, where do I begin? Get your filthy hand away from me because I don't need you. You're of no importance to me nor do I give a bloody damn who I'm with in the end. Alone is not a word that will ever be associated with me. If I destroy those willing to fight against me, such as Earth, then the submissive planets will be all the company I ever need without the threat of rising up after witnessing those who did. Ha! Once upon a time I was hoping you could be in that group, to let me own you. But I know you'd never allow it."

Mal turned away, chewing her bottom lip as she clutched her gloved hands behind her back. She was curious how loud she could make him scream if only she.... "He screamed, my Doctor, when I cut out his tongue. Quite a lot of sass he had to say to me, I ensured he couldn't speak illy of me again. Actually, it was using that muscle that I created my own vat of flesh, my own means of cloning. Clever, isn't it? And all it ever cost me was one of my favourite possessions."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Robin's eyes widened as he lashed out, yelping as he shoved her into the TARDIS. Once he had the doors shut, she didn't even bother going back out. Not with Angry Doctor, around. He was a bloody nightmare. Then again, compared to what was going on out there... No, Angry Doctor still much much worse. Slowly moving towards the jump seat, she curled up with her arms around her legs, facing the console with a worried frown. Well how the bloody hell was she meant to help him now? Obviously she wasn't. The shouts and screams from the still-running news stream weren't helping her mood, but luckily the rest of the crew was killed and the stream was stopped, leaving her with an eerie silence.

It only took her thirty seconds to get up and start wandering about aimlessly.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Feeling his blood run cold at her words, the Doctor stared in shock at Mal. She did that to her Doctor? The one who fathered her child, and here he was, someone that had been there when he could, depended on her even, what the bloody hell would she do to him? Clearing his throat, the Doctor tried to gain her attention once again. "What happened. That's all I want to know." He finally said, his eyes narrowing slightly as he looked her over, if anything he'd say she was sick. "I need you to talk to me, Mal, if you don't talk, then I can't help you, and don't you bloody say you don't want it!"

Feeling his anger finally snap free, he balled his hands into fists next to his sides, eyes narrowed. "I've killed, I've destroyed my entire planet! I've committed genocide time and time again, so don't stand there and think you've become more dangerous than I am, Mal. Don't you think that, I could kill you and your entire army easily. I know how it feels to be the killer, the one with blood on your hands, and I know how it feels to do it." Closing his eyes, he forced himself to take a deep breath, trying to reign in the anger pouring out of him. "I know how each and every time there was something, one thing, one small thing that triggered it. And it grew, and grew until I couldn't control what happened any longer. Now look at me and tell me that you don't want me here. Turn and look me right in the bloody eyes and tell me that you don't give one bloody iota about what I'm saying or the fact that I'm even here."

Opening his eyes again, he locked them onto Mal, ignoring everything else around them as he tried to reason with himself. She was Mal, he couldn't be angry, could he? She wasn't his Mal anymore though, she was this cold... Heartless statue that killed and wanted to see the blood, she wanted to see the screams. "Look me in the eyes and can you honestly say that you don't think I'm here for you? Why the bloody hell else would I have shown up?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:22 am

"Well of course I want you here." Mal laughed at him once he was finished his dramatic speel. She should be afraid, she really should be since everything he said was true. He was more to reckon with than she, yet there was no fear on her part, only amusement. Her vacant, hazel eyes stared into his, looking deeply into the stormy gaze until she laughed a second time.

"You're wasting your time if you're here for me. I don't care why you came but I knew you would, it's obvious why too. No matter how many bones I break and lives I take you always come crawling back to 'help me'. Why do you think I need saving? Does it really look like I need it? That I want it? So why don't you shut up and do what you really came to do, Doctor. Take another life you cared for once upon a time and send me to hell." Something changed in her eyes then, they went from cold to desperate in the matter of seconds. The amount of nervous energy now rolling from her was near suffocating. Where had that come from?

"No, you're right, I need help, I do. I just... I'm sorry, you're right. Doctor, you're always here when I need you, even when I push you away. And I do need you. So help me, please, I'm done with this... with the killing and hurting. Oh, god, what have I become? Kill me, save me, I don't care which just stop me from hurting... He was suppose to kill me in the end, promised he would if I turned into this-this monster. But he's gone and that leaves you. Please..."

Mal had removed her gloves as she spoke to him, letting the leather drop to her feet before reaching out her left hand to him, the scar on her palm glowed from the fire devouring the city. The look of utter despair never left her face as she kept her arm outstretched, waiting for him to take her hand.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:03 am

Blinking in utter surprise at the turn of attitude, the Doctor looked down at her hand before grabbing onto it tightly and pulling her into a hug, simply holding her there as he offered comfort to her like he used to in the past. "I told you, I'll do anything to help you." He murmured into her hair before pulling away and bringing her hand up for closer inspection, eyeing the scar critically for a moment. It looked familiar to be honest, he felt like he'd seen it before from ages ago, but couldn't place the situation.

"Who is 'he', Mal? Tell me anything you can." The Doctor said quickly, turning to look at her face, eyes staring into hers sharply. "Don't leave yet, tell me what you can about any of this, where it started."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Mal returned the hug and let out a shaking sigh as the Doctor pulled away.  She looked at him and chewed on her bottom lip, an old habit she knew he would recognize.  "My Doctor is 'he'.  He said he would kill me before ever letting me turn out this way.  Looks like that didn't work out considering I..."  Shaking her head furiously, Mal thought back to the day her visions began.  Those cursed visions that showed her vicious images, whispered dark hopes into her head, and all of them were courtesy of her future self- of this self.

"It started, really started, at Madam Vastra's... when I was taken there to hide from Torchwood after I was- I was mated  We didn't- I mean she didn't- that's not important.  They left me alone for a moment, just a moment, and that first vision came of that faceless, bloodied corpse hanging on the wall."  A shiver rippled through her body to articulate her discomfort.  "Do you remember the night you found me?  In the basement?  I told you about the visions I've had, do you remember, Doctor?  The night you needed me.."

The scarred hand curled around one of the Doctor's, her other coming up to his cheek so her thumb could stroke his cheekbone.  "I hope you remember me telling you one of those corpses were you because there are things you need to know about those visions..."  Her grip on him tightened and she leaned into him, her breath whispering across his lips.  "They always come true."

Her eyes, previously watching his, now turned to her hand as power coursed through her body.  Pain, excruciating pain shot through the Doctor like a lightning bolt, entering from that single hand placed about his cheek.  Mal didn't let up at all in her assault, her hands like a vice as she kept him there to endure the thundering paralysis.  The green flecks in her eyes seemed to glow as her power surged; she turned them once more to look back at his face and cackled.

Soon the ugly, pulsing, purple was back in her veins, pushing them out and causing her to stop with a shout of pain.  Mal retreated from the time lord quickly, reeling back until there was a great distance between them.  She was panting, sweating, clutching her hands to her chest and laughing wildly. "It worked!  Oh, it worked!  See what you have to fear now, you pathetic dolt, I'm much more than what I was.  This- this isn't even the worst I am capable of!"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Crying out suddenly, the Doctor dropped to his knees as a sudden shock of pain radiated through his body, back arched forward as he struggled against Mal's grip only to be let go and toppled over from the sudden lack of balance or support. Breathing hard, he slowly pushed himself up onto his hands and managed to glance over at the woman, his eyes slightly red from the blood being rushed through his body. "I've been electrocuted, poisoned, shot, buried alive, drowned, nearly exploded and slapped by Jackie Tyler. That little shock is nothing." He spat out between breaths as he climbed back to his full height, ignoring the sharp pain in his chest as he straightened his shoulders and leveled his gaze on Mal once more.

"nothing you can do will stop me from trying to help." He said plainly, as if it were obvious that she should know that by now, and really, she should. He was the Doctor, the man of a million words and a billion actions. Lifting his chin slightly, he looked at his old friend with the only thing he felt for her now, the only thing he ever looked at anyone that attacked him anymore. Kindness and pity, before taking a step closer to her, determined to do something, honestly, he never thought anything through until the last second and by then it would be too late to stop. Oh well, if he died, then Robin had the TARDIS, she'd take her somewhere safe, somewhere far away from any of this.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 pm

"Nothing? You call that nothing? Heh, I should have went with something stronger, eh? Bloody idiot. Stupid, bloody idiot!" Mal snarled the words, her expression turning inconceivable anger and hate. He approached and so Mal strode up to meet him, her hand going to the side of her thigh and drawing a small dagger. It wouldn't be hard to drive the point into one of his hearts and she was already calculating the force needed to plunge the weapon in its mark. They got closer and closer to what seemed to be where she was headed all along. Everything she ever dreamed required his death... let it be so.

She rose the dagger high only to feel her arm spasm at the pinnacle of her intent. Colourful swears left her lips before she hissed. "Vincent!" The blade slipped through her fingers and landed on the streets with a clatter. Mal was backing away again at a furious pace, hands in her jacket as she searched for another syringe. Her hateful eyes never stopped glaring at the approaching time lord and she even cussed at him for good measure.

The alien had been standing there, silently, observing, but at the call of his name he was in motion at once. They were slow, soundless, but sure. Vincent crept towards the Doctor even as the double-hearted creature moved towards his master. The nightmares streaming from the man were always so fulfilling..
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Watching Mal carefully, the Doctor felt a small grin creep onto his face as she fumbled around in her jacket. Before he could say anything, he spotted the odd-looking abomination out of the corner of his eye and quickly ran forward, keeping out of it's reach and getting him closer to Mal. Once he stood directly in front of her, he felt sudden sadness rise up in his chest as she frantically searched her pockets for whatever it was that would help her with what was happening.

Reaching out, he gripped the sides of her arms tightly, pinning them down to her sides and wrapping the woman into what could be considered a bear hug, but in his mind, it was a way to keep her from moving and that thing from touching him, mentally they were linked to an extent, if that 'Vincent' touched him, then Mal would suffer to some extent. And he would bet one of his hearts on the fact that it wouldn't do anything that would cause her arm. "Mal, listen to me." He hissed quickly in her ear, ignoring the fact that she struggled as he gripped tighter. "Fight it, whatever it is that you are feeling, fight it! You were always saying you were weak and useless, and honestly, if you can't fight this off, then I believe it. You are weak, you are useless and you certainly don't belong to be on my TARDIS if your so..." He paused slightly, trying to think of the right word to say before feeling his lips quirk up in a slight grin. "Squishy."

Pulling back just enough to look her in the eyes, he caught her attention forcefully, his face dropping the mask of his usual smile, his usual cheer to show the pain underneath. "The fish, do you remember that fish? Tokyo Japan, Feudal era? The Festival of Lights! That fish is in my TARDIS right now, alive and well. Named it after you actually, it seemed fitting, it was happy in it's bowl, didn't want to be moved out of it." He rambled on, trying to get to her, trying to get some glimmer of the woman he knew a long time ago to show. "It's stronger than you are, taken from it's environment, forced into a smaller one then constantly being jolted about. It's still alive and healthy though."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hymn to the Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hymn to the Fallen   Hymn to the Fallen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hymn to the Fallen
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next