Share | 

Assassin for hire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Assassin for hire   Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Minerva ran down the old abandoned alleyway. She would have climbed a building to get away but by chance she had hurt her shoulder during this contract. She nursed her shoulder with her opposite arm. Her knife was clenched in her other hand. She located a quiet corner by some old dumpsters and kneeled down out of sight to catch her breath. She slided out of her dust covered blue hoodie and pulled the collar of her shirt out so she can observe the damage. It was worse than she thought. The skin was a purplish black with a even darker spot where she had received the hit. She sighed in fustration. That was it, no more assassination contracts for this trip.

Holding the blade up she used her fingers to wipe off the blood of the victim, then she turned the blade to her shoulder bag. Moving her arm shot terrible pain into her shoulder and she nursed it again. When the pain finally became bearable again she cleaned the blood off her face and rose to her feet again. She observed both sides of the alley she had fled into, No one. This slightly surprised her, usually she'd be pursued by henchmen of the target. Well, this time the guy looked nothing more then just a solo drug dealer, but sure gave her a heck of a time to kill him.

She exited the alley and proceeded into a city street's sidewalk. She was in London, Minerva loved to travel a lot and hated to stay in any given place more than a month, because of her injury she assumed it would be longer than a month before she was off to her next destination. This iritated her but she could not do anything about it at the moment.
(This is one with my alt character.)
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:44 pm

The Doctor sat at a small outside cafe, wrapped up his scarf and sipping on a cup of tea. He was observing the passerby's and giving a cheeky smile to each person that made eye contact with him. He had a small 700 year old journal that he was flipping through, making sure to edit the pages that needed editing, and adding in new entries as he felt needed.

As the Doctor got up from his table, he collided with Minerva. "My deepest apologies, madame!"

He adjusted his scarf and offered her a jelly baby from a small paper bag he pulled out of his pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://chestertonorchatterton.tumblr.com
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:41 pm

As they collided, Minerva stumbled back a bit and her vision went downward. She caught a glimpse of some blood dripping down her hand and she quickly shifted it behind her back, Guess she got cut as well. She returned her gaze forward back up to the man she had collided with.

After listening to his apology she replied, "It's not your fault, I was to blame for not watching my step." She smiled sheepishly to seem as innocent as possible and accepted the jelly baby from the man. She plucked it in her mouth. "Thank you, sir." said Minerva. She focused down on his scarf. It was rather long, but she like long scarfs. "That's a very nice scarf you have there, sir." she coplimented.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:47 pm

"Thank you very much! Say, have we met before? I have a feeling that you look awfully familiar." He looked at her with much intrigue. "That the trouble with time travel, one can never get one's tenses right."

He took his scarf and offered it to her. "Feel free to clean yourself up a bit, you look rather disheveled. Don't worry about the scarf, I have another 17 feet of it left."

He laughed a bit, after all any scarf longer than 6 feet was absurd. But he liked living in the absurd...in fact it was his motto.
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 pm

The tilted her head in confusion at the mention of time travel, To her it felt absurd and impossible. She put the idea went out of her head the moment he offered her his scarf to clean off the blood of her hand. How did he know about the blood? Well, she did not do a very good job of hiding it when she noticed it dripping on the sidewalk behind her.

She sighed and wiped off her blood stained hand with the scarf. "No, I do not believe we have met before. I tend to have a good memory with faces." Said Minerva as she wiped off the blood from her hand.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:02 pm

"There we go!" He studied the bit of scarf stained red, and dropped the scarf end so it draped to the ground. "Perhaps you can help me, I've seemed to have misplaced my map. I'm looking for....well, perhaps you can tell me what i'm looking for."

He laid out a rather mystifying puzzle for her. "I guess the first thing I'm looking for is your name. I'm the Doctor." He held out his hand for her, but slowly dismissed his hand as he realized his acquaintance had blood on her finger.

Sitting at the next table, a rather out of place looking man sat fiddling with a small black box. It was rectangular, riddled with red buttons and dials. Soon...this man thought. Soon....
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:11 pm

"You may call me Minerva, Minerva Rayne." She said with a calm smile. She responded in him asking for her name. "I'd be glad to help you with anything you need, Doctor. I'm a private investgator. Don't worry I won't charge any cash this time." added Minerva.

She asked "So how may I be off service?" She shifted the hand of her non injured arm onto her injured shoulder.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:38 pm

"Minerva? I once knew a woman named Minerva. Great woman, very wise indeed. At any rate, I was wondering if there were any strange happenings in town? I received a distress call from this time area and I can't seem to find out where or why I-" He stopped himself mid-sentence. "Now listen to me, I received a distress call. ME."

He let out a small chortle. "You'll have to forgive me, i've never had much luck with private investigators, let alone consulting detectives."

The man looked up at the two chatterers. He was intrigued at the man who had openly admitted to having technology that existed outside of the current time period. He listened in...
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:51 pm

"Distress signal, what?-" She stopped her self from continuing her sentence and shook her head slightly. "Uh, I'd understand if you don't want to hire me, I never get hired much.." she trailed off and paused. She turned her head away. She remained quiet for a moment then returned her focus to him. "Listen Doctor, Even if you don't hire me, I'll help in whatever way I can." She spoke in a serious tone.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:03 am

"I would be flattered if you would come with me. Now I've got to run across the street to that Police Box momentarily, would you care to come with me?" He ruffled through his pocket and pulled out what looked like a small spade.

"If the call did come from here, I want to know where exactly..."

The mysterious man watched as the Doctor ruffled though his pocket and pull out his spade key. There wasn't a whole lot that he didn't miss.
The device in his hand began beeping crazily and wildly. He stuffed the device into his jacket, trying his best to stifle the sound. He gave an embarrassed smile, and went back to his food.
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:10 am

"I suppose I can, I have nowhere to be at the moment." she replied with a bright grin. She knew she should have gone to visit a hospital. But they would start asking questions about her injury and that was the last thing she needed. Plus at the fact that she hated being in hospitals.

She notices the small object in his hand. "Whats that exactly?" she asked pointing at it.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:18 am

Both men began to speak at the same time. The stranger realized she wasn't talking to him, and shut up immediately. He got up, and walked off to an alleyway next to the restaurant. A small breeze blew against them both, seeming to have come from the alley....

"This?" He held the small spade in his hand. "This is the key to my craft. It's that little object over there." He pointed to a battered up police box that was a faded shade of blue.

"She's not much, but she get's me from point A to point X." He began to walk across the street to the box, then turned back.

"Well, are you coming?"
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:23 am

She felt a bit baffled by his words, how could that police box be a space craft. "Umm Sure." she answered. The walks up beside him. "So what exactly is in this little police box of yours?" she asks. She thought of all the possibilities that could wait inside the old police box. But she knew no matter what, She wasn't gonna be unimpressed.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:42 am

The Doctor stuck the spade key into the key hole of the police box and opened the door. He pushed through the doors, leaving the police box doors open for his new acquaintance.

Inside the police box, a rather large, white colored console room resided. On the walls there were (what looked like) several thousand roundels. Each one gleamed slightly with a small, dim light. Planted in the center of the room was a large, hexagonal console with flashing and blinking lights, dials and diodes, gauges, and a large, cylindrical column illuminating the whole thing.

The Doctor walked over his coat rack and hung up both his scarf and coat, for the room itself was of a dry but cool temperature. He turned around to the console and began typing on one of the keyboards closest to the main doors.

Some warbley and wonky sounds echoed from the console, amplifying the small buzzing sound that had already resonated from it. "Now old girl, she's no Leela, but I think she'll pass for something better." He turned to door.
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:55 am

She walked slowly in staring in awe at the fact of a larger interior when the outside seemed rather small. She stepped cautiously through the white colored room up to large console in the center of the room. "H-how is this..?" she started but then trailed off.

The room was warmer than the outside, Without breaking her gaze, she slowly reached up to the hood of her jacket and removed the jacket. The jacket draped on her forearm. She snapped out of her little unblinking trance and finished her sentence from before. "How is this possible? It's bigger on the inside!"
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:03 am

He gave her a large smile as he flipped a large red lever on the console, closing the large doors and releasing a low, droning trill. "This, my dear, is the TARDIS. Time and Relative Dimensions in Space. It's all basic trans-dimensional physics. Bigger on the inside than the out, all that nonsense."

The Doctor walked around to the other side of the console and looked over the time rotor to Minerva, who was still in shock and awe at the massive interior. "A distress call from this time area from a ship far too advanced to belong. A mysterious man sitting behind me, with a trans-temporal recall device. A woman with blood on her hands. Now what do you think?"

He looked at her with a piercing gaze, flipping a small switch on the console causing the rotor in the middle of the console to slowly bob up and down. The room gave a small jerk, then felt as if it were lightly floating.
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:02 am

She snapped out of her little trance when he finished with his question. "I-I have honestly no idea what that means, sorry, I new to all this." she repiled. She shruged her shoulders and proceeded over to the coat hanger and set her hooded jacket on one of the hooks. She returned to the Doctor's side.

"What does that mean though?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:22 am

The TARDIS gave a slight rock to the left, shifting the contents of the coat rack slightly. The Doctor looked to the console and gave it a small thwack. The rock corrected itself. "Well, I would say that there is a thing in need. At least that's the case normally. However, and this is the most interesting part so try to follow this one, is that whatever (or whomever) was sending us a distress call is no longer in this time area."

He began to type things on the console, away from the view of Minerva, but not keeping it from her. He let out a small "Hmmm...."

"The bathroom is down the hall, maybe you would like to wash some of the...blood off of yourself. Then perhaps you can tell me what it is a girl like you is doing walking around with blood all over herself?" He pointed across to the other side of the console room to a small door which didn't seem to be there before.
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:50 pm

She answers in a calm manor as she proceeds to the bathroom. "Well... you see I travel a lot, And on this trip I had decided to go to London. I was walking through some alley ways, minding my own buisness when I got stuck in a sorta... Sticky situation." She finishes off her alibi as she dries her hands with a hand towel that was hung up in the bathroom. She returns back out to the console room with her arm over her injured shoulder.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:17 pm

When she emerged, the Doctor was standing over his console observing the vector screen. "There are far worse things in this universe that are worthy of spilling blood, and I am assuming you probably met up with one?"

He turned around to face her. "Indulge me. I care to know your story."
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 am

She felt very nervous, she did not to reveal her assassin history but now she feels that she may be in too deep for her own good. She didn't want to cough up the entire story yet, but she felt like she'd have to. She took a deep sigh and proceed up by the console. "Well, I had sorta..." She trailed of a moment and she picked up again. "I had to kill someone." she said it quietly. "And they had injured my shoulder and cut my arm.." She held her cut with her hand and pressed on it.

"You see, I'm what some people might call a hired mercenary. I get hired to assassinate targets and they pay money to finance my trips.."
She explained.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 am

"A hired mercenary? What what per say were yo---" At that moment the Doctor was interrupted by a sudden lurch in the TARDIS. It launched to the left, nearly knocking over the hat stand, then suddenly lurched to the right, finally knocking it over.

The Doctor held tight to the console, twisting knobs and smashing buttons trying to stabilize the craft. He gave some inaudible grunts and growls, a minor burst of light and sparks came out of one of the panels, and the craft stabilized. When everything evened out, the TARDIS lights had dimmed. There was a small wall of smoke surrounding the console.

"Hmm....we've been hit by some sort of proton-ionized condensed beam. Outer shell received no damage....it was more like a warning shot. I wonder..." The Doctor flipped a switch near the vector screen and a giant monitor revealed itself behind him. He turned around and observed the section of time and space they were flying in. "Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe it was some residual----"

At that moment another beam of light materialized out of nowhere, shooting the TARDIS causing it to lurch again. The monitor had a brief moment of static then returned to normal functions. "Who is this shooting at my TARDIS?! Do you know?" He looked over at Gira.

Last edited by 4th Doctor/The Traveler on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Both times the TARDIS jerked she had nearly lost her balance and was even closer to falling over during the second lurch. Minerva looked confused at his question, she had not know anyone who would attack them like that. "I don't know! I've never met anyone with large laser beams!" She said as she regained he balance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assassin for hire   

Back to top Go down

Assassin for hire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1