Another Day Another Dollar

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Mal watched as the pod just seemed to vanish. Her eyes widened as she looked over at Jack, asking with squeaky voice, "Where did they go? Did they... were they vaporized or something?" She cleared her throat and whipped her head around when she heard other Torchwood vans doing the same thing as Jack. vaporizing the alien pods. Her face paled and her jaw drop. Oh, this was just making her more and more anxious. It was about time to slip away if the false Zygon invasion was being cleared up... sort of.

Suddenly, Clara was running alongside the vans, pounding on it. The feeling in the air made Mal fidget and slowly make her way over to Clara. Mal reached out and clamped her hand on the girl's shoulder, pulling her back and whispering in her ear, "Come on, better get out of here, ya? Back to the Doctor and your TARDIS and... away from here."

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Clara gulped and moved away as she tried to tear her eyes off the van. "Damn TORCHWOOD..." she muttered and shook her head. "C'mon, Mal. I'm sick of this alien crap anyways." She turned on her heel and walked towards the TARDIS with her head facing her shoes, kicking a pebble along until it hit the blue wood. The TARDIS hummed sadly as it sensed her pained mood. "I don't know why I feel so bad, they DID try to kill us after all."

~In front of Mal's destroyed flat~

Jack shook his head as he watched Clara leave, and turned to the van she had been banging on as the window rolled down. "What do you think you're doing? Who do you take orders from? ME! That's who! I never asked you to murder basically innocent Zygons did I? NO. I most certainly didn't." As he answered his own questions the middle aged man in the front seat flinched. "S-sorry Captain Harkness, we saw you shooting it and..." A look of realization crept on Jack's face and his expression softened a bit, but not much.

"It was an evacuated pod....Sebastian." He paused to read the name on the man's hoodie next to the TORCHWOOD logo printed across his chest.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Mal walked with Clara, casting a wary glance back at the Torchwood van and she shuddered. Damn, that organization still gave her the creeps. She highly doubted she could ever be able to look at them the same. Not after the meteor and not after.. this, she supposed. "Y-yeah, but, you can't just kill things because... because they tried to kill you. What would that do to this world? It would be more of a hell hole than it already is, you know? I-I don't think they should die... just disappear for good." Mal rubbed the back of her head and sighed, suddenly very unsure of what she was going to do.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:36 pm

((I'm really sorry about the lack of posts, a couple phone lines are out from a storm and I have no internet connection. It's still being fixed and I'll probably be posting normally in a couple days. Thanks and sorry again!))

The man in the car scratched the stubble on his chin and sighed. "I don't know why you're so upset, Captain. It's just a bloody Zygon." He immediately knew that was the wrong thing to say as Jack's face went red with anger.

"I have got THE DOCTOR here with me, and the Zygons are innocent. Would you have liked them to evaporate 15 humans? I don't think so." He opened the car door with a sharp yank and grabbed the microphone. "All TORCHWOOD vehicles are to evacuate all remaining Zygons out of the crashed pods. No Zygons get hurt or you'll be answering to Captain Jack Harkness himself."

Sebastian gulped and slid over to the passenger seat, pushed open the door on that side, and slipped out into the street.

~In the TARDIS~

Clara pushed open the faux wood doors of the TARDIS and walked inside. Her hand held the door open for Mal, and she nodded. "Yeah. But it can't always be like that, y'know? Most of the time its not." The glass floor vibrated beneath her in the TARDIS's agreement. Clara reflected on all the second chances the Doctor gave, only to have to kill the aliens anyway. They never took those second chances seriously. Actually, Clara couldn't think of one time they had listened and agreed with the Timelord.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:48 am

((We should probably close this rp up soon. It's ok about your replies btw haha))

Mal followed after Clara and scratched the back of her head, listening and giving a small sigh. "Yeah, well..." She really didn't know what she could say so she left it at that. Maybe she shouldn't have followed her back on the TARDIS, she should just go back out on the streets of London and figure out what she was going to do about her house and job and life in general.

"Look, it was nice meeting you all but I think I should just... go."

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:48 pm

((My thoughts exactly. Whew, almost 10 pages! This could be a novel! xD))

The Doctor leaned against the ashen walls of Mal's flat and sighed as the pods were cleaned up. This had certainly been a long day. He pushed off the wall and walked back to the TARDIS, closing the door behind him, and was just in time to hear a snippet of the conversation. "Yeah, I suppose...this has been an interesting day for you, huh? Better get going."

The Timelord fished around in his pocket before pulling out a small pouch containing numerous bundles of €500 bills and a few stocked credit cards. He winked at her before pushing it into her hand and leading her out the door.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:18 am

Mal rubbed her head sheepishly as she averted her eyes and let out a sigh. "Yeah, interesting is one word to use, I guess..." She shyly glanced at the Doctor as he pushed the cash in her hands, her eyes widened and she almost choked with shock. Jeez, he just had this stashed away and he was just.. handing it to her? Just like that? Well she couldn't complain and she wasn't going to give it back...

Mal walked out the door of the TARDIS and turned, looking at the Doctor and Clara and offering a lopsided grin. "Thanks.. really, thank you." Well she could have elaborated but there was a lot of bad that occurred as well, and, well, Mal would rather not think about that.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:16 am

Clara waved and watched the young woman leave. She was just about to close the TARDIS doors when she realized someone was missing; Jack. "Doctor, we can't just leave him!"

The Doctor already had his hand on the lever when he paused. "It's fine, Clara. He made his choice a while ago." His expression grew dark for a moment, then he smiled. "Now, off to Aeskain? We've got an alien spa to visit!"

Clara giggled and leaned back on the TARDIS's coral as it dematerialized. She sure was lucky to know the Doctor.

Or unlucky depending on how you looked at it.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:12 am

And thus ended the period of Mal's denial. A simple day at work spinning on it's axis was swiftly swiped off balance by the arrival of these odd people. The alien invasion, no matter how fake, should not be over looked, it contributed a ton full. The whole situation was wrapped in a single package in Mal's mind, waiting for her to delve into it to accept the life she will now lead. These people would no longer be strangers. Frequently in the future she will encounter them or people like them who will grab her reluctant wrist and drag her about the next dangerous adventure. She would be along, oh yes, but will complain and shudder in fear as thoughts of her mundane life flood her thoughts. Ah yes, all of this will continue to occur in Mal's poor life.

But for now she just needed some damn sleep.

((FINISHED! WOOO! Thanks for coming out ;D))

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:55 pm

((WOO! Very Happy Well, that was awesome, and now I only have 5 to respond to!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   

Back to top Go down

Another Day Another Dollar
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6