Another Day Another Dollar

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Wed May 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Mal was bent down to search under her sink and that's when she heard movement near the entrance of the kitchen. She risked a glance and just barely managed to hold back another paralyzing scream. Instead, she squeaked and rose quickly, a fire extinguisher in her hand. She promptly pulled the pin out of it and aimed the nozzle at the Zygon. Before it had time to react, Mal squeezed the trigger and the alien was engulfed in the agent within the red fire extinguisher. After the kitchen was masked in white and brown, Mal hurled the extinguisher in the alien's direction before blindly snatching up the large knife she had left on the counter and ran into the pantry, really the only place she could go in the cornered mess she was in. If this wasn't the most absurd and terrifying day she had faced, she really didn't know what would qualify. Her pulse was racing and she felt as if she could run forever (well, in the opposite direction of the aliens currently in her living room).

"I-I would really appreciate it if you used your shooty thingy now!" Mal called into the other room, hoping someone would come rescue her. The knife she had grabbed was currently clutched in a white-knuckled grasp, posed for use if it became necessary.
Back to top Go down
Clara Oswin Oswald
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Wed May 29, 2013 9:02 pm

There was an incredibly loud buzzing noise as a white streak of light came out of Jack's gun. It hit the Zygon in the back of the head and the alien comically staggered forwards, hitting the floor face first. "Jack! You didn't kill it did you?!" The Doctor ran over to the Zygon and inspected it's oddly shaped head.

"Don't worry, it's a sort of stun-gun. It should wear off in an hour, but by then we'll have it in restraints so it can't hurt anyone." Jack turned around to face the kitchen, waving the foggy air away from his face. "Mal, I shot it if you hand't noticed. It's safe now." Over by the door, Clara's eyes fluttered open at all the commotion.

"Wha-, where am I? Ugh...my head." She groped around on the floor, looking for her gas-mask that had somehow fallen off. After putting it on, she got up and made her way to the others. Just left me by the door to suffocate...heh, I need to get some new, non alien friends.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Wed May 29, 2013 9:10 pm

Mal heard the noise outside the pantry door but didn't move for a good while. After she was convinced it was alright she stood and hesitatingly opened the door. Her head poked out to look into the kitchen, breath sounding amplified from behind the gas mask. The Zygon was laying face first in the ground so Mal tentatively stepped around it to hide behind Jack and the Doctor. Realizing she was still holding the knife she awkwardly dropped it on the floor with a loud clatter. "Wh-what are you gonna do with it?" Her voice was a bit shaken up and she stepped back. Clara happened to be in her way and she backed into her, letting out a startled gasp and spinning around. "A'right, it's official, I'm gonna die of a blasted heart attack!"

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu May 30, 2013 6:37 pm

"Heh, sorry. I felt the same way the first time I saw an alien and had these kinds of things happen to me." Clara let out a small squeak in surprise as she noticed the tranquilized Zygon on the floor. "It's harmless now, right?" That bloody thing headbutted me! God, what is that on it's skull? Looks like a cone-head.

"Yeah, we have about 50-55 minutes until it wakes up again. Doctor, I suggest taking it to Torchwood for testing and confinement, but if you had other plans..." Jack walked towards the alien body and pulled out a cloth stretcher from inside his coat.

"Well, actually I'm not sure if I want to take it to Torchwood. It'd be better off trapped in the TARDIS." The Doctor lifted up the Zygon and Jack held the stretcher under it. "Mal? Can you lend me a sheet or a towel, something to cover this alien up with? We don't want to look more suspicious than we already do."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu May 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Mal looked at Clara and cleared her throat, managing a tight smile to reassure the other woman the crew wouldn't be dealing with a fainted woman as well. Her shoulders visibly tensed when Jack mentioned taking the alien to Torchwood, "E-experiments..?" She sounded nervous and slightly outraged. Her eyes snapped over to the Doctor as he spoke and she nodded dumbly before realization sparked on her face. He was asking her to do something. Spinning on her heels, she sped to the closet and grabbed an extra sheet. She returned to the others and spread the sheet over top of the alien, casting it a disturbed look as she did so, "Oh, god. It's so creepy. I'd say you better keep it sedated... but no experiments. None. Nope. Don't do that." Mal pointedly looked at Jack before casting her eyes downward and shifting on her feet uncomfortably. She appeared very bothered and freaked out.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu May 30, 2013 9:32 pm

"Mal, don't worry. We're taking it back to my TARDIS so we can just keep it confined." The Doctor gave Mal a reassuring look and then turned to Jack. "We will NOT be doing any experiments today, do you understand?" the Doctor half growled at him and started hauling the filled stretcher out the door. He shook his head and seemed disappointed, letting out a small sigh as he walked. Noticing Mal's tenseness, Clara came up to her with a warm smile.

"The Doctor doesn't like experiments either. Even if that thing was one of the most evil things in the universe, he wouldn't torture it like that." Her expression suddenly darkened as she remembered all the times he had taken pity on cruel aliens and bloodthirsty beings. "He always gives them second chances, but they never listen. Murder is always his last resort, but..."

"Girls! Can you open the van door? We've kinda got our hands full." Faint breathing was heard beneath the sheet, followed by a low groan.

"Jack, I thought you said we had another 50 minutes until it wakes up!"

"What, it's waking up?" Jack looked down at his gun. The knob on the handle was turned all the way to the left. "Heh...uh, I might have used the small creature setting accidentally."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu May 30, 2013 10:00 pm

"Experiments are just... disturbing, yeah? And wrong, so wrong." Mal shook her head before fully turning to Clara, giving her full attention to the other girl, "People deserve the chances but they tend not to take what they are given.. so I get it, I think. Maybe it's different with aliens, I don't know. But, really-" She was cut off by Jack calling, causing Mal to jump. She cleared her throat and muttered 'shall we?' before walking out to do as asked. Her hand gripped the handle of the van door and she pulled it open. That was when she heard the sounds of stirring and slowly looked at the sheeted alien. "Y-you're kidding, right? W-well turn it to big, creepy alien and shoot it again! Last thing we need is, well, more trouble!"

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Fri May 31, 2013 4:11 pm

Jack struggled to pull his gun free of the black holster attached to his waste. "Gimme a second..." He finally got it free and quickly turned the knob to the right. Pointing it at the now moving figure on the stretcher, Jack pulled the trigger. ~BZZZZT~ There was stillness under the sheet and the Doctor let out a sigh.

"We need to get back to the TARDIS before Jack messes things up again." The Doctor was unusually agitated at Jack. He still couldn't believe that one of his oldest companions would even mention poking and prodding a living being with needles or lasers. Maybe I don't know my friends as well as I think I do... With Jack's help, the Doctor pushed the Zygon into the van and laid it down on the carpeted floor. Clara carefully stepped over the body and took a seat in the back.

"I think I'll let Jack drive this time, he'll be less likely to crash." Clara laughed to herself. It was incredibly lucky I even got us here alive. Jack climbed into the driver's seat and the Doctor hopped in next to him.

"Well, allons-y!" Ha, forgot how fun it is to say that. I haven't said that since... The Doctor stopped and tried to block out those thoughts. To block out Rose.

Last edited by Clara Oswin Oswald on Fri May 31, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Fri May 31, 2013 8:53 pm

Mal watched as they loaded the Zygon into the van and just stared as everyone climbed into the van. A moment of uncertainty crossed over her. If she just stayed here, which was a very appealing idea, there would really be nothing for her to do since her flat was destroyed. But if she went with them there was a guaranteed amount of drama, fear, and danger. But it wasn't like she could go back to work either, that had most likely been crushed to bits as well. Reluctantly, she crawled into the back of the van and grumbled, "Next stop, the psych ward. May as well drop me off there since I'm going bloody insane." She was bitterly joking, of course. But the amount of anxiety coursing through her veins was enough to drive anyone insane. She was also feeling adrenaline pump energy into her, so even as she sat buckled in the van seat, her legs her shaking as if craving to move. Clearing her throat, she looked at the Doctor, "What are you gonna do with that thing after lockin' it up in your ship? Where are you gonna go?"

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:13 am

"Oh, I'll eventually let it go. After I take care of the invasion." Suddenly he realized that Mal didn't know the most important feature of the TARDIS. "Uh, Mal? Don't freak out or anything, but my ship also has an ability. It can travel in time, so basically I can go anywhere and any time period I choose." Jack glanced back at Mal, a look of sympathy on his face. The poor girl IS going to die from a heart attack! Jack gave the Doctor a quick, annoyed look.

"You could of maybe eased her into the time-travel thing instead of just blurting it out at her!" he hissed back. He then turned towards the road and continued driving back towards the coffee shop.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Mal parted her mouth to speak but no words came through. Her eye twitched and she took in a very uneasy breath before attempting to speak again, "Y-you.. your serious? Ha! No, that-that's just mad. You can't.. I mean traveling through space is a little more believable than time. You're just- you're just trying to freak me out. Crazy man, you are." Her voice once again had that edge of rushed anxiety. She wrung her hands together and stared out the window. What had exactly befallen her this day? She shouldn't have run out to give this man his coffee. If she would have stayed at work she wouldn't have gotten herself into this.

She would have been dead.

That thought made her turn back to the Doctor with wider eyes than previously seen. "Oh! Y-you.. you saved me. Jeez, I can be rude sometimes, sorry. But thanks. I mean, well, if you didn't leave your coffee I-I would have been... you know." Mal cleared her throat again before ducking her head to stare at her lap. Too much was going on in her mind, causing it to ache again. "Usually I associate myself with bad luck but.." She trailed off and simply left it by shaking her head.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:13 pm

The Doctor smiled when Mal thanked him. Wow. Nobody ever thanks me. "No need to thank me. It's nothing." He thought back to Mal's disbelief in time travel and got an idea. "Jack, are we at the TARDIS yet?" The van turned the corner and went up the road towards the little blue box.

"Yeah, I'm going to park here." The car door opened as he got out and started to pick up the stretcher. Clara got out and walked over to Mal.

"You know, after everything that happened today, I thought you would believe in time travel." She started walking toward the TARDIS with the Doctor. As they reached the doors, the Doctor looked at Mal.

"Where- or should I say when, would you like to go?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:34 pm

"Nothing? You call that nothing?" Mal mainly said this to herself since the Doctor's attention was already to Jack. She climbed out of the van and took a few steps away. Her head slowly turned to Clara when the girl approached her. "You'd like to think that... but I was hoping for at least some normality to remain in my blasted life." She shrugged and sighed at the same time, "This has really just been.. horrifying." Dang, maybe that wasn't the sort of thing to keep announcing. Mal was still shaking though it wasn't as intense as before.

When they stopped at the blue box, Mal just stared at it with wide eyes. The weird, 'bigger on the inside' ship was just sitting in the street. It was odd that no one questioned its appearance. "I would say surprise me but I'm afraid of what the outcome would be."

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:34 pm

"Well we could go back to the Roman empire, we could visit the future president, we could even go to a Martian colony and rent you a flat!" Clara tapped the Doctor on the shoulder.

"Or maybe we could go to the rings of Akhaten again, this time without all the life-or-death stuff..." She trailed off and realized it might scare Mal even more. "Yeah, I'm gonna go help Jack." They walked through the doors onto the glass platform and set the Zygon down next to the console. The Doctor moved towards the console and flipped a switch, encasing the alien in an almost clear, blueish bubble of energy. At the sudden electric flow around it, the Zygon sat up.

"You..." It pointed a shaking finger at Clara. "You haven't aged! You're always the same, but the Doctor changes...how is it that you're still alive?" Clara slowly stepped back behind the Doctor with fear in her eyes. "Clara Oswin Oswald. You died though. Saving the Doctor back in his early days. Very brave, but you certainly died." A rush of sudden realization hit Clara.

"It's you. IT'S YOU!" She ran out from behind the Doctor and tried to attack the creature inside the bubble. She bounced off of the clear surface with a static crackle and landed on the floor. "Uh, Clara-" "You MONSTER. You selfish scum, why are you here now?!" Clara's anger faded away and was replaced by tears welling in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:44 pm

"Don't take me to the past, I think it's better to be left behind. Somewhere in the present time or even future would be better than the past." A shadow clouded Mal's face as she spoke. Thoughts of her own personal past threatened to creep up and flood her mind but she promptly shook them away. The look of awkwardness and fear replaced the glum at Clara's words.

Mal jumped at the Zygon's sudden movement and spluttered in surprise at the situation that unfolded before her. "W-wait.. so you're not mortal? Why should I even be shocked by that? What is going on. Wh-why is that thing not unconscious? Why am I freaking out?!" Mal's breathing was quick and shallow and her eyes seemed unfocused as she staggered on her feet. She decided to just take a seat where she was and watched the commotion with tense muscles. If she had to run, she would scramble out of here on all fours if that's what it took.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Clara choked back a sob and looked down at Mal. "N-no, I'm...mortal. It's a l-long story and you wouldn't understand it." The Doctor reached over and squeezed Clara's hand, understanding the memories that were likely running through her head.

"It's okay. This might not be the best time to start remembering everything, but it had to happen eventually." He let out a long sigh and lead Clara over to a padded recliner to the left of the console. "You're going to be very dizzy and nauseous. Just hold on to the chair." Clara's face went pale as new memories started flooding her mind.

"Oh...my..." Feeling dizzy, she clenched the arms of the chair and leaned back. She just sat there like that for a few minutes and then finally was stable enough to sit up and let go of the chair. "I died saving him every time..." she muttered under her breath.

"Ahh. She has remembered all her lives. Make sure I am protected, she would not hesitate to attack for what I did to her...family....in one of them." Clara glared at the Zygon and stepped back, walking towards the hallway leading to her room.

"Call me when that THING is unconscious again." The Doctor sadly watched her leave. He then stepped over towards Mal and reached down to help her get up.

"C'mon Mal. We're going to the future."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Mal's eyes darted between Clara, to the Doctor, and back again several times as she listened intently to the words being said. She watched Clara's retreating form before sighing shakily and taking hold of the Doctor's hand. A knot tightened in her stomach at the skin-to-skin contact but she tried her best not to let her head spiral into dark thoughts. "Y-yeah, let's. And.. maybe you could.. help me when we're there, yeah?"

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:24 pm

The Doctor pulled her up. "Help you with what, exactly?" He sensed something kept bothering Mal but he couldn't put a finger on it. She was hiding something, that's for sure. The Doctor made his way over to the console and pushed a few buttons until the monitor said 4-15-2083. He reached over and pulled the lever, causing the TARDIS to shake as it went into flight. A few seconds later the movement stopped, and the date on the monitor flashed. "We're here, Mal. April fifteenth, 2083!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Mal swallowed heavily as she glanced at the TARDIS' doors. "2083, ya think I'm still alive? I mean, I'd be pretty old..." She shook her head as she slowly began to walk down the ramp and opened the door, peaking her head out and blinking rapidly at what she saw. "Wh-what, they accomplish all this in, like, 70 years?" Basically none of the buildings were brick, all a white and glimmering surface in the sun. Some vehicles hovered off the ground but there were still 'regular' vehicles, as Mal decided to call them. She promptly swept her finger on a building as she inspected the material it was made from.

"This is.. so weird"

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:42 pm

"Yeah. Humans have always accomplished so much." He stepped out into the sun and the fresh air. "They always found a way. Right until the end of the uni-" The Doctor cut himself off after realizing that was probably too much information. "I mean yeah, they accomplish a lot. Even found a new fuel! Bio waste. Ha!" Jack walked out of the TARDIS and took in the scene before him. The air was cleaner than the air in the past. He wondered if they had made a device for that.

"Wow." was all he could manage to say. Jack had forgotten how amazing it was traveling with the Doctor. "Hey, you gonna get your girlfriend Clara out here or what?" Jack said with a smirk. The Doctor let out an exaggerated sigh, glaring at Jack. "Oh come on, we can all tell that you're into her." Clara's a nice girl. Very pretty, heh. She deserves better though... ah never mind. Trying to change the subject, the Doctor turned to Mal.

"So, Mal! What d'ya want to check out first?" He pulled out a pamphlet and read off the list. "Hmm. They remodeled the Statue of Liberty into a moving robot, ooh! There's a movie theatre that puts you IN the movies! Or Mal, maybe you'd like to meet some clones?"

~

Meanwhile, Clara was sitting on her bed in the TARDIS. "I remember everything. Every regeneration. He was always so kind...until the eighth and a half Doctor." Didn't even call himself the Doctor, then. Called himself....called himself... Clara flopped down on the bed. "Ugh! Why can't I remember his name?!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 pm

"Bio waste, eh? Look who's being eco-friendly. Can't say we never tried, I s'pose." Mal shoved her hands in her pockets and turned to Jack as he spoke. Her eyebrow slowly raised, "Oh, great, we're bringin' big guns? No offense, man. You just freak me out a bit. With your weird tech, and.. attractive face." Her voice was slowly dropping in volume until the last part was barely audible.

She cleared her throat loudly and looked at the Doctor. "Meeting clones would be rad. Let's do that." It would also be freaky, but it's not like today had been normal anyway. Mal didn't want to be rude but she was hoping to catch the Doc alone. It would be better that way, she would feel safer. There was no way she was going to discuss that day with a Torchwood agent around.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:58 am

Jack laughed. "Oh I heard that, Mal!" The Doctor cleared his throat, indicating that Jack should try to be more friendly.

"Actually, Jack will be staying back here with Clara in case anything happens." Jack crossed his arms in annoyance and his nose flared.

"FINE. If I have to." The Doctor pulled out a map and led Mal down the white paved sidewalk. There was a cool breeze and it was pretty quiet. Probably a Sunday. They passed a couple of skyscrapers with symbols representing garbage on the front until they got to an all white facility. It was low to the ground with a flat roof and the title "DOUBLEGANGERS" across the doors. Walking in, a mist of disinfectant coated both Mal and the Doctor.

"Oh yeah, the disinfectant. I forgot that they're still very sensitive to disease." He walked up to the front desk and looked at the schedules. "There's a seminar on how cloning works in an hour, so we'll have time to check out the self cloning device."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Mal faked a cough as an excuse to duck her head and hide the blush that rose on her cheeks. Perhaps voicing that last bit wasn't necessary, or a good idea. She didn't want to be rude but a sigh of relief escaped her as the Doctor and herself headed off, leaving Jack behind. Her eyes grew wide with amazement as they entered the cloning facility. "Dang, everything basically shines. Clean freaks, this lot." And, to seemingly mock her comment, the disinfectant sprayed the two of them as they passed through the door. A shrill squeak was released from her and bounced off the white walls. Mal momentarily latched onto the Doctor's arm in her surprise before violently jerking away from him. Dang, she had to grab some form of control of her nerves. But that had proven to be a difficult feat. She simply walked along side him, head hanging low as she took a few swallows of air.

After a heavy sigh, Mal said, "Erm, they don't expect volunteers, right? I-i'd hate to have another me roaming around..." She wanted to bring up the other issue currently on her mind on a day to day basis, but couldn't figure a way to do so. She would first have to build up the courage to voice her thoughts before jumping into the terrifying topic.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:39 pm

The Doctor laughed to himself. "Nah Mal. We just get to see the whole process." He led her through a shining, bronze pair of double doors into a white tiled room. There were tall machines with red beams coming from them, scanning two women. "Just wait." the Doctor whispered. A few moments later the machines beeped. Two clear, person-sized cylinders rose out of the floor containing 3D scans of the women. "These are the outlines. They'll be sent to a program that genetically engineers cells, so in about a year it will create a perfect replica of the person." Could be dangerous though, with a person like me...
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Mal wrinkled her nose in distaste, "Synthesized cells give me the creeps. I don't even know... uhg." A shiver interrupted Mal's thoughts as she was left to just silently stare at the curious machines and ponder the Doctor's words. After a moment she turned to him and asked as casually as she could, "S-so if cells can be created.. could, uh, existing cells be.. altered?" The look on her face and the slight tremble in her voice gave away the fact that this question held a heavier meaning than just simple interest.

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   

Back to top Go down

Another Day Another Dollar
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Classic's-
Jump to: