Another Day Another Dollar

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Clara Oswin Oswald
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:46 pm

"Uh...what would make you ask...that?" He was puzzled but answered Mal anyways. "Well technically, it could. It would hurt a great deal though." The Doctor could sense Mal's anxiousness to hide something, a big secret. We have a lot in common. We both have secrets that we feel must never be told. The two women stepped out of the scanner and headed towards the door.

"Gosh this is so expensive!" the first woman whispered. "Too expensive. I've even heard about these malfunctioning." Her expression turned dark. The other woman looked nervously around and hissed.

"Shhh! They'll hear us! And anyways, what if the complainers get the defective, killer ones?" She walked faster. "C'mon. We gotta go."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:59 pm

"But does it have to hurt? I mean who says cell alteration hurts?" Her voice came out rushed, both intrigued and upset. She shook her head vapidly before clearing her throat. Her hand nervously came up to brush loose strands of hair from her face when she went rigid. Overhearing the women she slowly turned to stare after them. Her jaw went slack in shock before she snapped her attention to the man beside her, "Doc! D-did you hear that? Killer clones! Jeez, sounds like the title of a bad movie.." Her voice was urgent and hushed, yet not quite a whisper.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:47 pm

"Ugh! I am not getting into another world-saving scenario!" The sentence came out frustrated and annoyed. The Doctor took a few deep breaths before talking to Mal. "Okay Mal, I know you're hiding something. Just tell me, it'll be easier for us both." He watched the two women leave and sighed. "I'm an alien. I think I'll understand."

~In the TARDIS~

Clara laughed as she watched the struggling figure on the floor. "How does it feel to be the weak one?" She wielded her metal rod and delivered one final blow to the alien's head.

"Y-you'll...regret...h...hng." It struggled to crawl towards the door as Jack came running in. "Clara! What... Oh my god." He bent down and grabbed the Zygon's shoulders. The alien struggled to breathe and coughed up dark red liquid onto the TARDIS floor. "I'm so sorry. So sorry." The breathing got more shallow, and finally it's eyes closed. "What have you done?!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Mal started to move from foot to foot anxiously, "W-well what do you know about the meteor strike in an Ontario field about.. oh.. two years ago? That would have been 2011." She slowly raised her hand and held it out to him, "B-because I can't find a single article on it. I don't understand, i-it's like it didn't even happen! Just, I can't explain it. It's better if I show you, then you can tell me what it is, eh?" Normally she wouldn't be telling anyone this let alone showing them. But the Doctor had an aura about him that was trusting. She realized she was being very general as well, but perhaps he would understand better if she just did it instead of stuttering her way through an explanation. So with that she awkwardly prompted him to take her hand, clearing her throat awkwardly in the process.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:14 pm

"The meteor strike in Ontario field....meteor...hmm..." The Doctor's face lit up as he remembered the day. The Doctor was surprised as Mal held out her hand. "Okay..." He took her hand and shut his eyes, anxiously awaiting the pain he expected to come.

~In the TARDIS~

Jack's voice was struggled as he managed to spit out a sentence. "B-but Clara! How could you..." His expression turned to anger as he ran toward her and tackled her to the ground. "I'm sorry, I can't let you hurt anyone else." He fished around in his coat and pulled out silver handcuffs, with which he attached Clara to a pole.

"Aw, c'mon Jack! It was just one measly scumbag alien. Plenty more out there!" She grinned at Jack, but the smile was eery and sent chills down his back. "Plenty more to murder."

"You're not Clara. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Mal bit her lip rather hard but did not draw blood. She gingerly curled her fingers around his hand and concentrated with her eyes closed. A sudden thought was pushed into the Doctor's head.
He was no longer who he had always thought.. he was instead just a human. Everything he encountered in his long life was a dream: the aliens, the TARDIS, Torchwood. Mal pushed the thought into his mind that he had made it all up in his childhood and the very idea of extra terrestrial life was humourous and false.

The push of the thought wasn't very strong so whether the Doctor believed what his thoughts were now telling him was hard to say. But Mal promptly cut off the psychic channel as she opened her eyes to speak, not removing her hand from the Doctor's. "Did you hear it? I-I can't really do it well but... when the meteor struck that day I-I was in the field and there was this.. pulse. I-I don't know, but I've been able to do this since. I can also influence emotions. See?" A tingling sensation suddenly traveled up the Doctor's arm, making him feel calm and level-headed. Mal quickly removed her hand after the demonstration.

"What is it? Why can I do that?" Her eyes were wide and fearful.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:23 pm

The sudden rush of thoughts and emotions coursed through the Doctor's head. He rubbed his temples and tried to regain some composure. "Wow. Wow!" His eyes lit up with curiosity, and he pulled out his sonic screwdriver. It buzzed as he moved it over her forehead and down her arms. The Doctor flicked it up and read the small screen. "Mal..." he said slowly. "What did that meteor look like exactly?" His face showed a mixture of confusion and hope. "And what was your friend's name?"

~In the TARDIS~

"Oh, your friend the Doctor knows me all too well." Clara chuckled and leaned forwards towards Jack, causing the cuffs to dig into her wrists. "I have grown. I have become stronger." She pushed her body as far as she could towards Jack and whispered. "I am the Great Intelligence."

"How did you get into Clara?" Jack was horrified. I knew I shouldn't have gotten out of bed today. Everything was going wrong. Clara laughed and threw back her head.

"Ooh but it was easy! I was stuck in the memories of the Doctor's life, and when Clara remembered, well, I started seeping into her head." Jack squinted his eyes at Clara. Something wasn't right with her expression. She had a smile...but her eyes. Her eyes were pleading, staring straight at Jack, begging him to help her.

"CLARA!" Jack yelled. "Can you hear me? Are you still there?!" Clara laughed and the louder it got, the more here eyes matched her smile. Jack had seen this thing before. He leaned over and smacked her, causing Clara to let out a loud gasp.

"Thanks..." she whispered, and collapsed onto the floor.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Mal's face paled even more than it already was. "Uh, th-the meteor? It was big, rocky, uh, big..." She scratched her head rapidly in irritation as she tried to think about it. "It-it was just a lump of brown rock! It had some holes in it, reminded me of swiss cheese but it was rigid and stuff. There were no smooth edges from what I remember. And it glowed a bit, kinda like a faint, uh, reddish colour. I just assumed it was from the heat of th-the crash."

"Wh-why do you want to know her name? She wasn't with me when it happened, you know. No one was with me. I don't have friends from before this happened. The ones I do have didn't know me until a year after." Her nerves spiked so much that Mal groaned and had to sit on the ground, her head spinning out of control. "Wh-what's wrong with me, Doc? Give me the diagnosis." Even through her haze of fear Mal managed to push out a humorous tone.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:35 pm

The Doctor smiled and his confusion went away. "Mal, nothing's wrong with you!" He half hugged her, he felt incredibly happy. "The radiation from the meteor just activated some DNA you already had. Some wonderful, timey-wimey DNA!" The Doctor checked the screen again. "But the one thing I don't understand...there's a trace of full time-lord on here." He looked into her eyes with a concerned expression. "You need to tell me who your friend is right now. Right now! Or we're all in danger!" I hope it's not her...not her...not her, please not her!

~In the TARDIS~

Jack let out a sigh of relief and rubbed his forehead. Just my luck. A mind-controlled girl, a liar, and an alien invasion all in one day. Taking a nap seemed like the best option then, and Jack was so tired, he passed out on the floor a couple feet away from Clara.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Mal's shoulders stiffened when the Doctor hugged her. Though she enjoyed affection it wasn't common for her to feel less than awkward when it occurred. "Uh, right, because that's normal." She muttered sarcastically.

"How could I already have DNA to do this? Are you saying I had dormant genes that were.. activated through that block of rock? Right, that's believable. I'm just a stupid human! This shouldn't even be possible." Mal was freaking out again, breathing in and out rapidly as she tried to wrap her head around this.

Little did she know, the Doctor was right. The radiation unlocked the psychic ability previously kept suppressed in Mal's mind. Her psyche wasn't strong enough to simply work on the minds of others. But with physical connection, the link flared and she was able to push thoughts and feelings into people's minds.

The sudden change in the Doctor's voice as he demanded for a name caused Mal to tense further. "I-wha-why? Sh-she wouldn't do a blasted thing to- oh, it's... it's Xeltia." She finally spat out with a tinge of regret.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:00 pm

((Going to Florida for about a week, so the replies are going to be a little slower, once every other day I guess. Thanks for the patience.))

The Doctor's face paled at the mention of that name, and his breathing became more struggled. "How. How! Oh my god I'm so sorry Xeltia. So...sorry." He choked and leaned against the wall, slowly sliding to the floor about a foot from Mal. He closed his eyes for a second and tried to piece everything together. "So...Xeltia. With her notebook, I suppose. Did she seem a little...hurt? Sick? Uh, brutally injured?" God I hope not. But I couldn't have saved her. I don't even know how she made it. The Doctor brought his knees up to his chest and rested his head on them, running his fingers through his hair. "Mal, whatever it takes, I need to see her. I need to see her and set things straight." He clambered to his feet and cleared his throat. "To the TARDIS!"
Back to top Go down
Clara Oswin Oswald
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:22 pm

((Had to change character cuz of duplicates))
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm

((Oh, that's ok :3 This new character... omg is all I can say xD Donna's daughter!!  Also, I have finals coming up so I won't be on much until after the 26th :3  I'll still be able to post sometimes though.))

As the Doctor lost the colour in his face, Mal swallowsedheavily, "Hey, hey now. I-it's OK, really."  She crossed the distance and crouched in front of him.  With an awkward extension of her arm, Mal placed a hand on his knee in a weak attempt to comfort him. 

"She was, uh, she was... fine.  Yeah, just a little strange.  I was the one who was injured half the time. She saved me.  Given, she got me into that situation in the first pla-"  Before Mal could finish the Doctor was standing which, being as clumsy as she was, made her fall on her bum.  "Whoa!  H-hey, no, you can't."  Scrambling to her feet after the Doctor's command, Mal stood defiantly, if not nervously, in front of the Doctor.  "You can't see her!"

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:00 pm

((Heh, that's okay! Good luck on your tests. Very Happy))

Instead of stopping, the Doctor just grabbed Mal's arm and continued to run. "I CAN and I WILL." Tightening his grip on Mal, he ran even faster, pushing his way through the double doors and rushing down the street. "I don't want her to be more mad at me than she already is...her anger might put a lot of people in danger, believe it or not." With the TARDIS in sight, he let go of Mal and sprinted towards it. The sight he saw when he opened the telephone box doors made him gasp. 

Jack was on the floor, passed out along with Clara, who was chained to a pole. The Zygon was dead on the floor with serious wounds to the head and blood was pooling on the glass floor. "What. What! WHAT?! MAL!!!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Mal released a silent yelp when she was dragged behind the Doctor.  She was stumbling and struggling just to remain on her feet but miraculously managed to keep the Doctor's pace.  "No! She's.. I don't think you should see her, Doc.  She doesn't seem to.. I mean.. c-can you just stop!"  It was no use.  The Doctor let her go and Mal went crashing to the ground.  After a moments recovery and muttered cusses, Mal picked herself up and jogged to the TARDIS when the Doctor screamed her name. 

"Wh-what?" She asked as she poked her head around him to stare into the blue box.  Her face paled considerably and she latched onto the Doctor's back when her knees weakened. "Oh.. oh.."

Mal couldn't say anything more.  She was fighting the urge to flee the scene but knew if she tried her knees would betray her.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Jack was standing in a dark corridor filled with a gray mist.. Ahead of him, he faintly saw the Doctor running. Jack tried to catch up, but every time he got close, the Doctor seemed to run even faster. "Doctor!" Jack panted. "Don't leave me! Not again!" He tripped, and soon heard the sound of the TARDIS de-materializing. "No!" He choked. He had almost given up hope when he heard the Doctor's voice. It was faint at first, but soon Jack could make out the words. "Jack? Jack! Please wake up. Please Jack, wake up!" Jack opened his eyes to the bright light of the TARDIS. "You okay?" the Doctor asked.

"Wha?" He saw the Doctor and Mal close behind him. "Uh yeah, just took a nap." He looked around the room and remembered the earlier events. "This must've looked really bad..."

"I thought you two were dead! And why is Clara cuffed to the TARDIS?" The Doctor had a concerned look on his face as he checked Clara's vital signs. Jack looked over at the dead Zygon and shook his head. "Do you know what the Great Intelligence is? It hid in her blocked-out memories and when she remembered, it took over and made her kill the Zygon."

"Oh." the Doctor whispered simply, and squeezed Clara's hand. "Mal, if you don't mind dragging the body down that hallway there..." He pointed to a corridor on the left. "There's a room at the end." The Doctor looked around the floor for the key to the handcuffs, and found it next to Jack. He grabbed it and removed Clara's cuffs, letting her sleeping form slump to the floor. "Careful Mal, it's cold in there." the Timelord mumbled absentmindedly.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 am

Mal was watching everything with intent eyes but an absent mind.  How this looked was like one of Shakespeare's plays, tragic and full of death.  At least Jack was stirring now and Clara was confirmed to be alive.  She was snapped out of her distraction by the order the Doctor was giving her.

"Y-you want me to what?" Did this guy really think people would just jump up and do whatever he asked?  In this case, yes.  Mal didn't even wait for an answer.  She simply stepped over to the unconscious girl and scooped her arms under each one of Clara's armpits. 

Mal was trying her hardest not to panic.  There was a dead alien in the TARDIS after all.  "Make that two if I end up living in this gong show."  She muttered the empty threat under her breath.
She struggled to drag the other girl down the hall, a small sweat breaking on her forehead.  If Mal would have actually participated during high school gym class, maybe she would be strong enough not to find this task painfully difficult.
Back to top Go down
Clara Oswin Oswald
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 am

The Doctor moved out of the way and stepped over to the Zygon. "I'll be right there to open the door." He grabbed stretcher they had used earlier and slid it under the alien body, dragging it behind Mal. With one hand, he flicked out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it at the door, emitting a buzzing noise as the door clicked open. The Doctor pushed past Mal and carried the dead Zygon through the door. 

"Just over here." he said, pointing to two beds in what looked like small hospital. There were counters covered in IV bags, needles, and other items unrecognizable to the average human. The beds didn't look like average sick beds, though. The mattresses glowed a faint blue and there were scanners connected to the sides. The Doctor raised his screwdriver again, and one of the beds changed color from blue to red. "Put Clara on the blue one, that's for..." his voice lowered a little. "Live patients."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Oh, god.  Is he bringing that thing in here?  I think I'm going to hurl...

Mal thought as she finally set down Clara and sighed in relief.  She took a look around with large eyes and began to wonder what the other rooms of the TARDIS contained.  She was tentatively walking about the room, a curious expression on her face as she took in the details of the hospital-like room. The beds freaked her out a bit.  Why were they glowing?

"You put Clara on the bed." Mal huffed, unintentionally rude. "I mean, does it look like I can lift?"  She turned on her heel to directly address the Doctor, but with one look at his face she seemed to soften.  "Er, ok, would you at least help me, then?" Mal asked as she walked back over to Clara's body.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:24 pm

The Doctor gave her a half smile. "Yeah, just let me..." He let out a small grunt as he lifted the Zygon up onto the glowing bed. At the touch of the red, lighted surface, the strange flesh of the alien began slowly repairing. After a few minutes, its head looked relatively normal except for a few scars. "Sontaran technology. If we're lucky, it should only take a couple of hours for him to wake up." He crouched down and grabbed Clara's ankles, lifting the lower half of her body up to meet the height of the bed. "A little to the left...perfect!" he exclaimed, setting Clara's feet down on the glowing surface. After a few seconds, her eyes fluttered open.

Clara's vision blurred as she saw two figures standing over her. She was filled with fear and attempted to scoot away, but instead was held back by the Doctor. "Rrgh, let me go!" Clara said groggily. Her vision cleared and she realized it was Mal and the Doctor. "Heh, sorry..." Clara smiled sheepishly and slid back down into the soft bed.

The Doctor put a hand on Clara's shoulder. "Vision must've been blurry." the Doctor muttered. "Anyways, Clara, it's not your fault. It wasn't you doing it." She rubbed her eyes and looked sadly up at Mal, knowing the Doctor wouldn't answer her properly. "W-What did I do, Mal? "It's okay, you...can tell me." She shifted her eyes to the ceiling. "I won't freak out."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Mal wiped her brow when they finished lifting Clara onto the bed.  "W-wait, you want it to wake up?  B-but what if it kills us?! I m-mean, it was trying to before!"  She moved so that Clara's bed was acting as a wall between Mal and the Zygon.  After clearing her throat and taking several breaths to calm down, she curiously looked at the bed.  She reached out a small finger and poked it, recoiling after as if it was going to hurt her.  "How does this thing work?"

Her question wasn't answered.  Clara's eyes opened and Mal's attention turned to the girl who appeared confused.  A moments recovery was all it took before Clara was staring at her with sad, desperate eyes.  Mal shifted uncomfortably. "Well, y-you see, uh... from wh-what I could gather, the Doctor is- is right.  It wasn't your fault.  It was that, uh, what was it?  Controller thingy.. B-but it used you, o-or whatever, in order to... do that." She finished by pointing at the Zygon.  Her voice was quiet and almost inaudible.  Mal turned and paced away from the two since her nerves had spiked and she wouldn't be able to handle it if Clara looked at her again.

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:16 pm

"I killed someone..." she whispered softly. Noticing Mal's sudden nervousness, she tried to reassure her by letting out a smile. It was a fake smile, but she hoped Mal wouldn't notice. "It's fine. Mal, it's fine." The Doctor took his eyes off Clara and pushed a button on the Zygon's bed. Metal restraints emerged from the glowing fabric and wrapped around the alien's arms, legs, and torso.

"Now that we're all RELATIVELY safe..." The Doctor beamed at Mal and started skipping out of the infirmary. "I think I might visit my little sister!" AND explain to her that I didn't mean to leave her to die. 

Last edited by Clara Noble/The Doctor on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:28 pm

"You didn't..." Mal turned back to Clara and just stopped talking.  Her eyes narrowed, not at all convinced by the other girl's smile.  She had spent the majority of her own life pretending she was OK after all. 

The Doctor stole Mal's attention when he smiled and was soon making his way to the control room.  Mal turned to Clara once again and cleared her throat, "Listen, if you need to talk or whatever, come find me, yeah?  I sort of suck but... I think I could help a little.  Even if it's just to listen."  She turned away before Clara could answer and followed the Doctor.  This was on odd day.  If Mal didn't pass out by the end of it then that would be a major plot twist to her mental capacity.

"You're still going on about this? Do I have to spell it out for you? Perhaps smack some sense into you?" She was grumbling at the madman,"I-I still really think you shouldn't see Xeltia.  Seriously."

Student

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:37 pm

((Was a little tired when I wrote the last post, messed up the text colors. You might wanna look over it again so it makes a little more sense. :3 And I could probably get Xel to do a short bit in this RP, too.))

The Doctor laughed and patted Mal on the shoulder. This girl was incredibly brave! "Mal, I'm over 1,000 years old, I'm a Timelord, AND I've destroyed countless planets." His smile faded a little at the mention of destruction. "You can't keep me from visiting my little sister." The Doctor moved his hands to a small keyboard on one panel of the console. Typing in Xeltia, he pressed enter, and the TARDIS hummed louder. "Geronimo!" he called as he reached for the lever and pulled, setting the time machine into motion.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 pm

(( I know the colours were a bit messed haha.  No worries, I understood))

With that, she stared dumbly at him before lifting her hand and wriggling her fingers, "Oh, I bet I could, alien or not.  I could also guess that you don't, er- wouldn't destroy a planet unless necessary. "  Her brave moment was only egged on by his compliment.  Soon a look of recession crossed her face and she backed away, dropping her hand.

"Uh, sorry, yes.  Just, careful, OK? "  Her blank expression shortly took on that of panic as she backed away further, "A-and keep her from killing me! "  Considering Mal knew little of the Time Lady, she couldn't really determine if Xeltia would be apt to kill her.  It concerned her to think what Xeltia would do if she knew Mal was hanging around the Doctor. 

The TARDIS lurched and Mal clung to the closest, stable object.  She shrieked in terror as the machine shook and seemed to be having issues. 

"I-is now a bad time to mention she's v-very good at avoiding you?  I-I think your ship isn't gonna be very lucky! "

PostSubject: Re: Another Day Another Dollar   

Back to top Go down

Another Day Another Dollar
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next