Humanity is the cure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Quinn
Student
Student

PostSubject: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:43 pm

People need to laugh and smile... but why won't they? Nobody knows... nobody will ever know.
Their humanity... it doesn't exist no more. Their faces are not cheerful... they are just blank.
H-help me somebody!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harleen sat down on a near by bench as she watched the people walk by her, like she wasn't there. She looked down sadly and sighed, hoping someone would come over to console her. She hated being alone, she hated being negative. That was all she was nowadays... negative; this was all because the world was being controlled.

She knew who was controlling these people; it was the Cybermen! The people were wearing mind control collars - it was clear as day that they were being controlled. Only a few Humans knew why, and Harleen was one of those few. She had been running for ages, she had decided to stop at the local park. She hated this, she hated running away from the problem she could easily take care of. She looked down and sighed, hoping a Cyberman wasn't patrolling the area for any survivors... any strays.

Harleen felt tears in her eyes as the memories of her friends being taken from her, she tried her best... she really did. She covered her face with her hands and cried into them as she muttered, "I'm sorry..." She repeated this a few times, getting a little louder each time. "I-I am sorry for letting you die..." She said before sniffling and curling up on the bench.
Back to top Go down
http://kurokonobasketrp.forum-board.net/
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Sidling around the edge of a building, the Doctor watched a group of Cybermen march past, on patrol most likely. It had been a few hours since he first received the distress call, of course it had to come too late, Torchwood always thinks they can handle situations without him. Then UNIT had to step in and try to control the situation only to be converted within the first week. Gritting his teeth, the Doctor forced the thoughts from his head, trying to think of some way he could get around the patrols as the third group of Cybermen he's ran across today walked out of sight.

Glancing around, he slipped from cover and carefully made his way towards the center of the city, ducking into shadowed alleys and storefronts whenever another patrol group passed by before finally making it to the park he had in mind. This was where the beacon had been sent out, already he could see the device, smashed to bits no doubt my metal hands. His final hope had been someone was hiding nearby, someone he could talk to about what happened. Giving up on that idea, he turned to leave only to spot a lone person sitting on a bench across from him.

Controlled people didn't just sit around, they didn't just slouch over and hide their face in their hands... His grin suddenly grew as he stalked over and stopped beside the bench, sitting next to the woman and gazing out across the street. "Sitting like this makes it painfully obvious your not controlled. Are you trying to draw attention to yourself?"

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Harleen looked around a few times to make sure the patrols of Cybermen weren't nearby. She sighed sadly and looked to see a man walk over to the bench, she blinked in confusion, she was surprised she hadn't seen him before, she didn't know whether he was a survivor of some sort or some man she had made up in her mind.

"I-I-I can't help it..." She stopped to sniffle and wipe her tears from her eyes and cheeks. "W-who are you to talk? You kind of make it obvious you are not converted too." She smirked a little at him, she was happy he wasn't an illusion that she had created. She looked out to the street and watched a few of the converted people walk around past them. "I am surprised they don't do anything besides walk or sit around... they don't even bother about us survivors, but those Cybermen do." She murmured quietly as she glanced around before stopping at the man next to her, "You don't have those weird collars or anything weird in your ears... so, am I fine to assume you are here to help?" She tilted her head a little with a happy grin.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Reaching up out of reflex once she mentioned his ears, he shot her a slightly wounded expression. "Seriously, why does everyone always mention them? They aren't that bad, are they? Ah, enough of that later, I'm here to help, I'm the Doctor and I would like to suggest running since there are two Cybermen standing right down the street watching us." With that, he jumped to his feet and held out a hand to her with a wide, manic grin on his face. "Come on then, or do you want one of those blasted things around your neck? I didn't think so."

Casting another glance towards the approaching metal men, he reached down and snatched up her hand, tugging the woman to her feet and dragging her off through the park. "It won't be long before more of them arrive, so we'll have to find someplace to hide where they can't find us. Wait there long enough until they wander off to another section of the city." He explained in a rush, not even bothering to waste breath apologizing for nearly yanking her arm from it's socket as he tugged her along behind him. "Come on, you live here, where's the closest place?"

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Harleen looked to The Doctor and she bit her lip as she noticed what she had said, "Ah sorry... just I know that people had those control things in their ears... I didn't think-" She was cut off by The Doctor's words, she gulped a little before looking to see the approaching Cybermen, her eyes widened and she felt someone roughly tug at her arm, it was the man she had just met. Her eyes kept wide as she was pulled off the bench and she began to run behind The Doctor, keeping a hold of his hand.

"The only place close here, that I can think of right now, has to be my house!" She said in a rush before pulling at The Doctor as she ran to the left, going towards her house, there were no Cybermen around and she smiled in relief before reaching her house and opening the door, she pulled The Doctor in before quickly closing the door quietly and she panted a little from the running, "I will have to get used to running now... won't I?" She smiled at The Doctor as she tried to make a joke, she always tried her best to lighten up the mood - in any situation.

Last edited by Harleen Quinn on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:28 pm

"That's me, always running. Where are all of your windows and doors?" The Doctor asked, distracted as he turned around in a slow circle, studying the area closely. "Best place to hide is without windows, one door that we can bar. Anything? A room, a closet, no I don't like closets." He muttered, already making his way around her house as he spoke, peering into the kitchen and various other rooms.

"Come on, don't just stand there. Get moving, I'm not doing this alone and it is your house after all." He called over his shoulder while tugging open the door to a hall closet and sticking his head inside. "Small, no thank you." He mumbled before moving on and disappearing towards the back rooms.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:34 pm

"W-we could hide in my bedroom, that has a really high, small, square window and even I can't reach it." She sighed before grabbing hold of The Doctor's hand and taking him up the stairs into her bedroom, she passed her parent's bedroom and her little sister's bedroom, the doors to the bedrooms were wide open and the rooms had white sheets over the furniture.

"I-if you are going to ask about those rooms... y-you can ask away as many questions as you like..." She sighed sadly before entering her bedroom and gently pulling The Doctor in and she shut the door and locked it quickly. She glanced behind her shoulder to The Doctor, "W-why am I trusting you so easily? Hm, must be the charm or because the ears are cute." She teased a little, although she was speaking the truth.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Reaching up, the Doctor flicked his ears as she spoke, eyebrow raised up before plopping down on the bed and crossing one of his feet over his knee, relaxing against the headboard for a moment then glanced around the room. "I'm the Doctor, I'm here to help. That's all anyone needs to know about me." He stated simply, eying the girl quietly the sitting up again. "What's your name, never asked considering we started running right away."

Flashing her one of his trademark grins, he stood back up and began wandering around, picking up random items and inspecting them before putting them back and moving on to the next item that caught his eye. "Your family is controlled I take it. No worries, as long as they don't have the earpods, then they can be brought back. The collars are only an inhibitor, break the collar, they get their minds back. Earpods are a bit tricky... Directly into their brain you see."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:44 pm

"Yeah I know you are The Doctor, you said that before running off with me... and I guess I wouldn't mind knowing more about you." Harleen smiled at him softly before watching him sit up on her bed, "My name is Harleen Quinn, I would prefer you to call me Harley. And yes, I know my name is like Harlequin." She said with a happy grin. "It is nice to meet you, Doctor."

As The Doctor grinned at her she grinned back. She watched him wander around her room and pick up her stuff and examine it. She smiled a little but it quickly faded and she sighed, shaking her head, "No...  my father is dead." She murmured sadly, "And my mother and little sister are missing... they have been missing for years." She looked down as she spoke, "I-I couldn't help them... i-it was my fault..." She felt tears come to her eyes and one rolled down her cheek and she started to sob.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Pausing for a moment, the Doctor studied a small figurine in his hand longer than nessicary before setting it aside and glancing up to look at Harley through the mirror in front of him. "I lost my family too." He finally said, unable to think of something to do that would cheer her up as she sat there crying. Blimey doesn't anyone understand he isn't built for tears? He hated seeing them, for the main reason because he never knew what to do when someone did cry.

Turning around, he hesitated a couple of seconds then walked over next to her, a hand awkwardly patting her on the head. "Don't cry. Things you can't control, they aren't your fault. If you keep blaming yourself like this, people will think you have a guilty conscious and think you can't be trusted." Crouching down in front of her, he tried to get Harley's attention by tilting his head slightly to look at her face. "Do you think you're someone I can trust, Harley?"

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Harleen heard his words, 'He lost his family too? Oh no I have upset him... I am an idiot!' She shouted at herself inside her head before feeling The Doctor's hand pat her on the head and she hesitated before looking up slightly to meet The Doctor's eyes with her own; her brown eyes were glassy and slightly red from her crying and she sniffled before wiping them quickly.

She nodded a little, "Y-yeah, you can trust me... I am probably the only one you could trust in this situation..." She sighed, "I almost got murdered by another survivor who I thought I could trust. But after that, I don't know who to trust anymore..." She growled a little as she remembered the whole scene, her voice still showed her inner sadness. She looked closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again, "W-what happened to your family?" She asked curiously, looking into his eyes once more.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:00 pm

"You lot, always fighting each other once something bad happens. Really." The Doctor mumbled, shaking his head as he got back to his feet, already heading towards the door. "Once a plague hits somewhere, they start burning bodies and shooting those they think are infected. Cyberman invasion? Attack each other because, why not?" Still grumbling under his breath, he opened the door and poked his head from around it, listening carefully for anything that might be in the house. "Come on, they ought to be out of the area by now." He finally said, turning to look back at Harley before walking out and heading back downstairs.

'What happened to your family? The question echoed in his head while the Doctor made his way through the house towards the front door. How could you answer a question like that? They died in a war was his standard answer, but he got a sinking feeling in his gut that she'd be more curious after that answer. One thing he didn't want to talk about, in any situation.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Harleen followed him to the door, she regretted asking the question, "Sorry... I didn't meant to ask such a personal question. My father, he died fighting a war..." She said sadly before looking down a little as she followed him down the stairs to the front door.

She got in front of The Doctor and she opened up the door and peeked her head through, "All clear." She said before stepping out slowly and glancing around once more. "I hope it is clear... unless I am going blind." She tried to lighten the mood again with a joke.

(( Sorry it is short!! x.x ))
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:09 pm

"If your blind, then you have a problem coming up. Cybermen are loud, but cybermites aren't. Seeing them is the only way to catch them." The Doctor said conversationally, shutting the door behind him as he followed her outside and glancing around quickly. "Right, my ship is only a few blocks away, we need to get there." He added, glancing sideways at her with a wide grin before setting off in the direction he left the TARDIS. Anxious to get inside and begin setting up a scan for the area. One thing he needed to do was get into the Torchwood and UNIT files to see how everything started.

Peering around the edge of a building, he watched a pair of Cybermen march down the street away from him and added them to the mental tally he had been keeping of them in his mind. Really pointless considering they were most likely the same ones he's seeing over and over again, none of them looked different.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Harleen giggled a little at what The Doctor said before she blinked in confusion and curiosity as he mentioned a ship. She grinned back at him and she quickly ran by his side towards the direction he left his TARDIS. Harleen hid around the corner of the building as some Cybermen marched past, she waited for them to disappear, she quickly looked about and then grabbed The Doctor's hand.

"It's all clear, come on." She said quietly, with some urgency to get moving, and she gently tugged at him before she stood up straight, keeping a tight hold on his hand and she slowly walks out the edge of the building.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:19 pm

"If your leading the way, I take it you know where my ship is, what it looks like and how to get inside then?" The Doctor asked idly, amusement flashing across his features as he studied Harley while she pulled him along behind her. Really, the girl was brave, he gave her that, strong too. But a bit clueless when it came to taking charge of a situation. Reaching into his pocket with his free hand, he passed her a key with a light chuckle. "You might need this if you plan on getting us in there.

While your at it, you can hack the two most secure websites in the world. Then fly us away too. That would be interesting." He added, letting her tug him along while constantly flicking his gaze around, searching for the telltale flash of silver that would alert him of cybermen or cybermites that could be around.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Harleen stopped a little and sighed, "Yeah I sort of didn't think of that." She let out a small giggle with a grin. She took the key and looked at it curiously, "It looks like a door key..." She examined it even closer, "A telephone box key..." She looked around as she tugged The Doctor along, she saw an alleyway and saw the TARDIS, "Oh. Is this your ship?" She tilted her head curiously before pulling him a little more as she rushed to the TARDIS.

She put the TARDIS key in and opened it, she walked in and smiled at the place, "Wow... it's bigger on the inside." She said before walking up the ramp to the console, she brushed her hand slowly against it and she looked to the light that emitted from what looked like a tall tube. "Pretty..." She said while patting it gently, hearing a small groan come from the TARDIS she backed up a bit in surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:06 pm

"She's telling you hello." The Doctor said from where he still stood beside the door, watching Harley closely as she studied his ship. A slight grin on his face while he listened to the ship come to life around them, welcoming him home and studying the newest member he brought along. "This is the TARDIS. Time and relative dimensions in space." He added, nodding towards the time rotor as it glowed brilliantly at his explanation. As if snapping out of a daze, he sprung to life, shutting the door behind him and striding over to the console. "What we need to do is get into the UNIT and Torchwood files, I don't think you have any part of them, do you? No, look at you, no army training at all."

Turning his attention to the screen in front of him, he began tapping at the small keyboard on the console below it, watching as several different windows popped up on it before finally a blue one appeared with the Torchwood logo in the center. "Ah, Jack, never did think he had to change the password. Sentimental he is, 'Bad Wolf'..." Falling silent, his eyes suddenly went unfocused, as if remembering something painful, his mouth twisting to the side slightly. Then just as quickly as it came, his mood shifted yet again. Turning to Harley, the Doctor flashed her a wide smile, tilting his head to the screen. "Take a look."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 am

Harleen smiled, "TARDIS huh? Nice." She said before patting the TARDIS once more. "She is a very pretty ship." She said as she looked around the console room. She then looked to The Doctor and shook her head, "I am not part of the army, my father was... but I had to protect my little sister... and look what good that did." She looked down sadly as she sat down on the chair by the side of the console.

"I am a black belt in Karate though and I do detective work." She said with a small smile before looking up to The Doctor as he examined a screen of some sort. She got up off the chair and walked over to him, "Bad Wolf? Why does that seem familiar to me?" She blinked in confusion as she had some memory of hearing that phrase before. Harleen shook it off before looking to the screen and she saw all the Torchwood files, "So, these Cybermen... you have heard them before, no?" She asked curiously as she kept looking at the screen.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:31 pm

"Old friends with them. Well. I say friends when really they want to kill me." The Doctor mumbled, distracted as he read through the files he found in the Torchwood server. "Been around for ages, I thought I had gotten rid of them, but then they come back in a new form. Fantastic." Turning to look over at Harley, he flashed her a wide smile. "Earth is under my protection, you be sure of that. Won't be long before they're begging me to let them go." Nodding at her, he turned back to the screen and tapped at the keyboard a few more times before letting out a shout. "Ah! I knew it! Torchwood set the signal off. UNIT never would."

Turning back around, he raced for the doors of the TARDIS again before pausing and looking back at Harley in thought. He could go out there and the worst the Cybermen would do is kill him. With her, they could convert or put one of the earpods/collars on her. He couldn't let that happen. Twisting his mouth to the side, he glanced around the control room then walked back over to the console. "Grab onto something tight. We're flying there."

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Harleen smiled at The Doctor, "I am sure of that, I think you are an amazing man, yet I have not met you before." She giggled before stopping suddenly, not even realizing The Doctor had rushed to the TARDIS doors. She narrowed her eyes as she started to think, think about everything, she slowly looked back to The Doctor and sighed.

"When I say I have not met you before... w-w-why do I have a sudden feeling I know you?" She tilted her head curiously, "I mean... I feel like I know you from my past... b-but I can't remember." She mumbled, before sitting on the chair at the side of the console and she clung onto the arm rest with one hand. She grinned at the thought of flying.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm

"You probably have, one face or another. Plenty of them out there causing trouble." The Doctor said brightly, his hands flying over the controls as he began piloting the TARDIS to the destination he had in mind. "If you met me as a child, it's no wonder you've forgotten, something bad would have happened for me to be around." He added, pausing for a moment and turning to look at her critically then grabbed onto the console as the TARDIS jolted suddenly, alerting them they had landed.

"Ah, out we go then. See if we have a welcoming crew, yes?" He said brightly, already thinking of the possibility that Torchwood had been taken over and is now crawling with Cybermen. Shaking it from his mind, the Doctor bounced over to the doors and waited by them, looking over expectantly at Harley, waiting for her to follow him while bouncing back and forth on the balls of his feet.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Harleen looked to The Doctor, "I may have seen you as a child... maybe when my father died, or when my mother went missing?" She blinked in confusion before shaking the thoughts out of her head. The jolt surprised her and she almost fell out of the chair, clinging on for dear life - even though the journey had ended - she did a deep sigh in relief.

She looked up to The Doctor, "Welcoming crews are always fun." She said with slight sarcasm but she got up slowly from the chair and bolted over towards the TARDIS doors and she grinned with excitement at The Doctor, "Come on, Doctor." She smirked before slowly opening the TARDIS doors, peeking out of a small crack she had created and seeing nothing, she spread them open and she stepped out.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Peering out from behind Harley, the Doctor studied the abandoned hive. Computers all still running to his surprise. "I would have thought they'd have cut the power off to most of the city by now." He said idly, walking over to brush the dust sitting on the keyboard of the central computer to begin working. "Do me a favor, look over in the other rooms for something, anything that you think would be useful." He said with a distracted tone, already being sucked into the records over the past few months. "Alien things." He added for emphasis, looking over the screen at Harley with raised eyebrows. "Shouldn't be too hard, if it doesn't look like humans could have made it, bring it out."

With that said, he turned back to the screen and flipped his sonic from it's pocket to begin scanning the hard drive.

Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Harleen nodded, "Yes, Doctor." She said before walking into the other rooms and seeing loads of weird objects. She saw what looked like a gun and she smirked, she picked it up and examined it closely, "Hm, seems to be a sniper rifle of some sort... but there is no scope... hmm..." She mumbled to herself as she curiously looked through mostly the weapons that Torchwood had. She picked up a couple of alien weapons and other objects before turning around to the doorway she came through to get into the room.

Harleen suddenly froze up at the sound of distant metal footsteps getting closer, her eyes widened, "No..." She whispered before the sound got louder and louder as the footsteps grew closer; then suddenly a figure appeared at the doorway a couple of meters in front of Harleen, her eyes widened and she let out a piercing scream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humanity is the cure   

Back to top Go down

Humanity is the cure
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next