The Amazing Smell of Books

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

The Amazing Smell of Books Empty
PostSubject: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:38 am

David opened the door to the library. He could smell the books new and old. He loved that smell. David walked by one of the librarians. He would of said hello but he was looking for the Sherlock Holmes collection. David found where the book should have been but it wasn’t there. Annoyed David walked over to the Harry Potter books to reread them. He grabbed one and went over to his favorite reading spot, which was in the corner of the library by the windows. David started reading and got sucked into the world of Harry Potter.
Back to top Go down
sydney/Vanessa
Student
Student
sydney/Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:50 am

Sydney walked into the library and took a deep breath. the smell of books surrounded her and she smiled contently. She smiled at the librarian and started searching the shelves for something to read. She saw a boy sitting in the corner huddled over a book. She saw that it was a Harry Potter book, which ahppened to be one of her favorite. "Harry Potter, eh? Thats a good one." She said kindly as she approached him. "Ive read them all, but i can never get enough." She grabbed Prisoner of Azkaban off the shelf and sat beside him. "Mind if I join you?"
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:55 am

David looked up. "Uh yeah sure." He moved over to give some room. "I was looking for Sherlock Holmes but I think someone checked it out." He smiled which was weird because he hasn't sincerely smiled in a long time. "It's always nice to reread Harry Potter."
Back to top Go down
sydney/Vanessa
Student
Student
sydney/Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:59 am

"My point exactly. I mean, if you enjoy something enjoy the crap out of it. But I must say, Ive never read Sherlock Holmes. Is it any good?" She looked at him and had to admit, he was kind of cute. She smiled at him and bit her lip, "So which book are you reading?" She opened ehr book and pretended to read, but she was too distracted by the cute boy next to her.
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:13 am

David lifted the book up to show the cover. It was Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. "I've only read Sherlock Holmes once but it was good." David rubbed his hand on the back of his neck. It's a nervous habit of his. David checked his watch. It was an old watch. It used to be his Dad's. His Mom gave it to him. At least before the two died. David frowned at the thought.
Back to top Go down
sydney/Vanessa
Student
Student
sydney/Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:15 am

Sydney saw the boy frown and thought maybe she had done something wrong. It wouldnt surprise her if she had. "Are you ok?" Then she realized, she never introduced herself. "Where are my manners. I'm Sydney. Sydney Hale. And you are?" She held her hand out and smiled, trying to cheer the boy up.
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 am

"Uh I'm ok I guess." David fake smiled. He wasn't ok. He hated his foster family and they hated him back. "I'm David Chase. It's nice to meet you." Sydney was really nice but David has always had trouble trusting people.
Back to top Go down
sydney/Vanessa
Student
Student
sydney/Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:23 am

Sydney had always been able to read people pretty well. That also included being able to tell when people were lying, "Are you sure you're ok David?" She gave him a look that usually made people melt and spill their guts. "Maybe i could help you somehow?" She rested her hand on his shoulder and gave it a tiny squeeze.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:37 pm

((Just a note, please write at least one paragraph replies. 4 sentences would probably be the BARE minimum, and I'm sure 5 wouldn't be too hard to get to. It makes it easier to reply to RPs.

-Nat of the Administrative Staff-))

Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:38 pm

"It's nothing really..." David sighed. "My foster family hates me. It's not like I can do anything about that though." David stuck his head back in his book. He was closing up like a shell again. David tried to read but couldn't concentrate on the words. Frustrated he stood up and started to walk to the door for some fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:19 pm

((Alright, this is the warning. I went easy on you last time hoping you'd overshoot but really, you need to make your replies more lengthy. Honestly, length isn't the entire issue - but there isn't a quantifiable thing we can measure writing with other than that. It's just to make it easier for others to reply to your RP. Maybe try adding some action into the RP, bring some danger or alien in. Something. Just try and write a full paragraph, alright?

-Nat of the Administrative Staff-))

Student
Student
sydney/Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:02 am

Sydney listened as David mentioned his foster family hating him. She felt sorry for him. She quickly followed him as he walked out of the library, “Hey. Wait up. It’s ok.” She tried to think of something she could say to somehow cheer him up. But her mind drew a blank. She was completely clueless about what to do. So she just did what she would want someone to do for her if she were upset. She reached out and rested her hand on his shoulder; she could tell he was upset. Probably felt alone in the world. She looked up at the sky. It got darker all of a sudden, which was weird considering it was only 2 in the afternoon. “Huh, what’s with the dark sky? Is my watch wrong or something?” She said trying to get his mind off of his foster family.
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:27 am

David looked up at the sky. It was really dark for 2 in the afternoon. David heard a sound. It sounded like it was coming from the sky. It was a really unnatural sound. David wasn't exactly surprised. Alien invasions have been happening more and more frequently lately. David recalled the first time he saw aliens. "Must be aliens." David said and looked at Sydney. "The only question is what kind of aliens are they." David thought out loud. David started walking down the street. "Well, lets find out. Shall we?" David said and held out his hand to Sydney.
Back to top Go down
sydney/Vanessa
Student
Student
sydney/Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:50 pm

"Aliens? Are you serious?" She smiled and laughed at what she assumed was a little joke of his. But he didn't smile and laugh back, "Oh my god you are serious." She took his hand and held it tight, "This is really happening?" She was suddenly terrified and stepped closer to him. She hid slightly behind him and held onto his side. "They wont hurt us, will they?"
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm

"No they won't hurt us." David lied. Well, most likely lied. There is always that chance that they will be friendly. David saw the spaceship land. Some sort of metal men where walking out of it. "Well, I hope they won't hurt us." David mumbled to his self to make sure Sydney didn't hear. David walked towards the metal men. "Well lets meet them shall we?" David said.
Back to top Go down
sydney/Vanessa
Student
Student
sydney/Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:42 pm

"David... that looks way to mega scary. Do we have to?" She clung tighter to his hand. She was trembling with fear and her mind was racing. She looked in his eyes and bit back a few tears. "David... Im scared." She moved closer to him than before and held onto his arm. She saw a group of metal men and gasped, "What are they? They look like robots. Like.... metal men..."
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:09 pm

David could see that Sydney was scared. David figured he would try and comfort her even though he was horrible at comforting people. David stopped walking and looked into Sydney's eyes in a comforting way. "If you don't want to find out what they are we can just leave." He said. David secretly hoped she would still want to see what the metal men were.
Back to top Go down
sydney/Vanessa
Student
Student
sydney/Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:10 pm

"I kinda wanna see them.... I'm just scared." Sydney bit her lip and looked up at the ship. She shook her head and smiled, "Lets go." She kissed him quickly on the lips and smiled before she ran up to the ship, "Come on slow poke!" SHe spun around and giggled before running back and grabbing his hand, "Lets go!" She dragged him up to the ship and stared in both fear and wonder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Smell of Books   The Amazing Smell of Books I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Smell of Books
Page 1 of 1