Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Harleen grabbed her house keys as she left her house and she turned around, closed the door, locked it and smiled happily as she put her keys into her outer breast pocket of her non-sleeved shirt and she grinned and waved at some of her neighbours that were walking down the street.

Harleen walked down the street and put some earphones in to listen to music; she put her hands in her skinny jeans' pockets and she smiled happily, listening away to her music on her iPod. She accidentally bumped into a man and she blushed, quickly taking her earphones out she looked to the man, "Ah! I am so sorry-" She blinked as she noticed the man, "B-brax?!" She grinned happily, "Oh, I missed you!"
Back to top Go down
http://kurokonobasketrp.forum-board.net/
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:56 pm

"You should--Hey! Harley! How's things? Long time no see, huh?" Braxien turned around, originally waiting to punch the person but knowing it was Harley, his face brightened.

"I was on my way to Torchwood, my boss has had some feuds with the head of Torchwood and how they worked." Braxien shrugged.

It was a nice neighborhood, bright and chirpy. He had never been around here for a while, not since he was young. The people were happy and seemed to know every single one of their neighbors.

"What have you been doing since we last met?"

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:01 pm

"It has been a very long time!" Harleen exclaimed before hugging Brax in glee before letting go and blushing a bit and rubbing the back of her head, "Hehe, sorry." She giggled nervously before looking to him and tilting her head, "Torchwood, huh? I know them, they are utter idiots." She grumbled and sighed.

Harleen looked and waved at a couple of other neighbours that had called her name and waved at her, she smiled and said: "Hello!" She was always cheerful with her neighbours. She grinned over at Braxien, "I have just been living really... nothing interesting, nothing never really is with me." She said happily before tilting her head curiously, "How about you? What have you been doing, Brax?" She asked him with a happy grin, she was glad to see an old friend of her's again.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:10 pm

"Well, work." He let out a short laugh. "My boss doesn't trust me enough to go out and sends me to do negation work, so here I am, on my way there!"

It was quite a surprised to Braxien to see Harley again, he wasn't contacting as much as he should but it was part of his job, to stay under the radar, fly in and out as quick as possible. "I was thinking, wanna come with me? Its been bit boring traveling to and from."

He flashed her a grin and looked at his watch. he had half an hour to get to Torchwood, it was his seventh time going back to that place. They were not very happy to even see him the second time and gave up on the fifth.

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Harleen laughed when he did and she smiled at him, "Work is like that." She muttered before grinning back at him and nodding, "Sure! I would love to help an old friend!" She grinned happily and giggled as she patted his head and she started to walk towards Torchwood.

"I haven't seen Torchwood in a while..." She sighed a little before looking to Brax and putting on a small smile, "I missed you a lot... you should contact me more. You do have my phone number." She smirked a little at him. "So... what is your work exactly? Like who employs you? Who do you work for?" She asked curiously, looking to Brax and tilting her head, seeing as he was trying to negotiate with Torchwood, it must be UNIT or some other company which is against Torchwood's ways.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Braxien scratched the back of his head. "It's a small detective agency on the corner of 22 Darrell Street. My employer is called Myriam, quite nice but very tight lipped when she doesn't get her way."

Truth was, Braxien never really took his phone on small trips like these as were over and unexciting, but he did have Harley's number.

I can't tell her everything, its too long and the case I am technically working on might cause her some alarm.

"It's about a…murder. Not a big one but that had caused the whole 'who should take over the case' thing and my boss, even now, is being stubborn over it."

Braxien smiled again, to reassure her that it wasn't worrying. He was drained, though, it was a 72 hour case and no developments have been found. Maybe Torchwood had found out something.

"C'mon, lets get a taxi." Braxien said, whistling loudly as a taxi came whizzing around a corner. "Mate,could you kindly take us to Torchwood Institute please?"

The driver nodded and they got in.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Harleen nodded as she took in everything he said, "A m-murder huh?" She shivered a little at the word 'murder', she especially hated the word when it came out of her own mouth, which is why she stuttered the word. "Great..." She grumbled afterwards.

She faked a smile so she didn't worry Brax as he called a taxi, she smiled happily and she got into the taxi and she looked to Brax, "This will be fun huh?" She smirked a little before sighing and looking out her window side of the taxi. "Just like old times..." She murmured with a sad tone.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Braxien noticed the sad tone deep within that statement. "Hey, what's the matter?"

The taxi was almost there, the fare was quickly increasing but he was going to pay it. He would have usually walked but today was overcast and looked as if it would rain down hell.

He gingerly took out a folder from the rucksack he had and decided against it. If it was the mention of murder, he might have to wait for a while for it to cool down.

"Torchwood institute!" The driver called backwards. "That'll be £25.60."

Braxien handed him the exact amount, so the driver didn't have to hand back any small change. He held out his hand for Harley to get out and he fixed the collar of his jacket.

"You do know, I yet have to return that suit. Sorry about how long it's taken me but come back to work with me and I have it in my cupboard, dry-cleaned and all." Braxien smiled.

They walked up to the doors and the security guard shook his head, gesturing to go in. So did the receptionist. He knew this place all too well, the nooks and crannies could be left for another time, he was here for business.

"If it isn't Braxien…again. And this time, he brought a friend, how sweet."Said a voice, monotone.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Harleen looked to Brax, she took his hand and got out of the taxi, she sighed and shook her head, "Nothing is the matter, Brax..." She said before sniffling as she held back the tears. Memories... that was all it was, the mentioning of murder made her remember what she wished she didn't have to remember. She sighed sadly and shook it off, hoping Brax would make her feel better.

She looked to him and smiled a little, "I almost forgot about that suit. I hope you return it someday... you know where I live." She said with a wink and a more happier voice. She walked into the building with Brax and she looked around, remembering the place with great detail. She looked to the receptionist and she felt something odd about that monotone voice, she narrowed her eyes curiously, not necessarily glaring, even if it came off like that.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:49 pm

The person stepped out of the shadows, Mallory. Braxien faked a pleased grin. "Quite an entrance you had there."

He held out his hand to comfort Harley. "Mallory, please take a seat. I believe this file was yours?"

Braxien threw the file on to the marble table in front of him. Mallory grinned, a wicked one. He asked the intention of his visit.

"Myriam, she wants to take over the case. As always." He replied.

Mallory chuckled but his eyes became dark and he gestured for Braxien to sit, he refused, offering the chair to Harley. They talked for a while before something within Mallory snapped.

"Don't you even DARE mention Darren! He wouldn't have killed her, if that is the case, I will have a small chat with him. But if you are trying to make me look a fool, I will get you fired. Mark. My. Words. Braxien."

Braxien had his head in his hands and he slowly dragged his hands away. "I'll put it in the calendar. How's that sound? Come on, Harley, lets leave Mr. Right to his work."

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Harleen took Brax's hand into her own as she felt uncomfortable, Mallory, that was a name she remembered vaguely in her head. She was surprised he didn't remember her. She watched as they talked, Harley sat down on the chair and waited, she jumped at the sudden snap from Mallory and she sighed in relief that nothing really happened.

Harleen looked to Brax once the conversation was over and she nodded, "Ok, let's go." She said before standing up from the chair and she started to walk out of the building before hearing something from the distance and she blinked in confusion and curiosity. She walked off without a word and disappeared into the distant hallway of the building. Harleen then heard a scuffling noise and she looked around, "Who's there?" She called out before an arm wrapped around her, she let out a scream before a hand covered her mouth; Harleen struggled as she was pulled away into the shadows by the figure.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:06 pm

"Usually ends this way, don't let it personally affect you." Braxien smiled, happy that the talk was over.

Something in the air didn't feel right, it was too still. It was cut short by Harley's scream. He was pretty sure it was Harley's as the scream happened next to him.

"HARLEY!" He screamed, making a few heads turn.

She was pulled into the shadows, he tried his best to keep up but the figure was quicker. He launched himself at the legs of the figure. It tried to kick him off, but he still clung on.

"Let go of HARLEY!" Braxien screamed.

"Harley is it? Interesting name." Said the figure.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Harleen looked to Braxien as he launched himself at the figure's legs, she watched as the figure tried to kick him off and Harleen struggled in the figure's grip. Another dark figure came up and grabbed Harleen, "I will take the girl." The figure grumbled in a low voice as he took Harleen and held her arms behind her and pulled her away, "Hmm, what a pretty girl." The figure smirked as he pulled her away.

Harleen struggled the best she could in the muscular figure's grip but he wouldn't let go, she was put into what seemed like a torture room because there was only a metal chair with straps and a mirror directly in front of her. Harleen's eyes widened, "Let go of me!" She shouted angrily as she was pulled to the chair, the man put her in the chair and strapped her tight, the straps were so tight it was hurting Harleen's wrists.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Braxien was knocked out cold, he woke up in a room, similar to a prison cell and when he attempted to get out, he found himself strapped to the chair.

"Oh, you're awake. I was wondering when--"

Braxien rolled his eyes, clearly this man was regurgitating a cliche. He told him to hush his mouth, the man had put on a pouty face.

"Harley…HARLEY! Let me out of this contraption!" Braxien struggled against the chair.

"She hasn't been touched but if you fail to do exactly as I say, she will be harmed."

Braxien sighed, slowly allowing the silence to surround him once again. He turned to look at the man. He was half in the shadows and half out, few features were showing. He grinned, a maniac gleam in his eyes. "We've met before, Detective Lythis. Oh we have met quite a couple of occasions."

He began struggling again, uttering threats against this man, seemingly he knew a lot about him. The chair wobbled and tipped over. Braxien let out a small 'ouch' before attempting even further to-- a warm liquid trickled down his face, blood. This man had made his mark on his cheek.

I hope, I hope that Harley is alright. I have failed in protecting her and now, I am up against a lunatic, utterly defenseless.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:59 am

The mirror in front of Harleen and Brax would ripple before showing projections of the other side. Harleen could see Brax and her eyes widened, "Brax!" She shouted as she pulled against the straps, she noticed the blood and she felt tears come to her eyes, "B-brax?" She looked to the man in Brax's room and growled, "What the hell have you done to him?!" She shouted angrily before the man in her room grabbed some black tape and put it on her mouth. "Shut up! Or I will have to bring out a couple of things." He smirked at her and Harleen's eyes widened.

Harleen struggled about in her chair and she glared at the man in her room and the man in Brax's room, if she could send telepathic death threats, oh she would. She shouted Brax's name over and over but the tape was muffling her speech.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Ripples attracted Braxien's attention. He turned his head slowly, his vision blurred by the blood. "Harley?"

Seeing this, he too tried to strain against the straps. Both of their captors released a deep dark laugh, echoing around them. "I don't find this…very funny…who are you?"

The man once again pouted, and walked in a slow circle, if thinking of a way to respond. But he never did. He allowed the question to linger in the air.

"Now, it's my go. What do you want from Mallory?" The figure sneered. Braxien rolled his head to face the man and shrugged his shoulders.

"Harley…let her go, your business is with me. I was the negotiator for my boss, I don't know anything. I swear." Braxien said, letting out a long drawn out sigh.

He would have done something, if not for the darn chair, confining him to this place, he seriously would have. Right now, it was to kill or be killed, unfortunately, the odds were stacked against him.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Harley looked to Brax with sad eyes. She pulled against her straps and struggled in the chair, the man in her room chuckled evilly and grinned at her as he walked up to her, gripping her chin and forcing her eyes to meet his, "Now, Miss Quinn. Seeing as I know you, you know me... well, not personally, but you will know me..." He smirked evilly and leaned in closer, his face grew angry.

"Your father was a traitor to Torchwood! Working for UNIT rather than us was a huge mistake!" He shouted at her and Harleen felt tears in her eyes, he ripped off the black tape that covered her mouth and she coughed a couple of times before growling at him and glaring at the man: "Don't you dare call my father a traitor! You and Torchwood are traitors! The things you do disgust me!" She hissed at him angrily and the man glared at her before backhanding her across the face.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:23 pm

"Don't you even DARE!" Now Braxien was angry, no, not angry. Enraged. "Let her go! You're business is with me! Me, you hear!"

The chair buckled, allowing room for Braxien to grasp the arms and swing it into the man. It smashed, the straps came loose and he ran up to the man, grasping him around the throat.

"Look here, mate. I'm not in the right mind to be friendly right now, you hurt someone close to me and that really makes me mad!" Braxien spat in the struggling man's face.

The man was filled with rage but Braxien clung on to the throat, five seconds passed before he allowed the man to be free, by which time, he was knocked out.

"Harley, I'm coming for you. And, mate," He pointed at the man next to her and back to the man on the floor. "That is you but ten times worse!"

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Harleen felt tears roll down her cheeks because of the pain and because of what the man had said about her dad. The man in her room crossed his arms and watched the whole scene, even the threat he got from Brax didn't seem to change his posture or expression. He grunted and undid Harleen's straps and grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to him and he grabbed what looked like a knife.

The man then put the knife to Harleen's scared face and he slowly slashed an 'X' on her right cheek, it bled and she felt more tears come down which only made it sting more. The man growled and grinned evilly before pushing her against the wall and pinning her there, she tried to struggle out of his grip... but it didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Braxien grabbed the keys off the man's hip belt and locked the door behind him, he had no clue to who this man was but he didn't want any more trouble with him. Braxien then sprinted down the corridors, checking each and every door briefly. Some had figures walking about, some talking and some that wasn't occupied.

"Harley!!" Braxien yelled, sure that he was going to get attention.

The doors whizzed past until he saw Harley's face, a red X mark engraved into her cheek. He immediately felt angry and burst through the door, which the other man was waiting for. He was slammed against the concrete wall, starting to go blue. Braxien struggled against the man's grip.

"How do you like it, huh, punk?" The man grinned maniacally, his breath smelling of alcohol.

Braxien was starting to fade in and out of consciousness. With one final kick, he managed to breathe in fresh air into his lungs once again. He needed to get Harley out of this darn place, it was scaring both him and most likely Harley, he could see the tears rolling down from her cheek as he rubbed the blood off.

"Punk. I wasn't finished with you!" The man screamed.

Enough was enough, Braxien screamed into the man's face. "Yes. You. Are! I recommend if you want to lay another finger upon her head, I will slaughter you! Back off and let her go! Look at your friend, do you want to end up like him. If so, BACK OFF!"

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Harleen's eyes were wide as the man pinned Brax to the wall, "Brax!" She said as she couldn't move, all she could do was watch as Brax fought off the man. Harleen smiled a little at Brax, "T-thank you..." She said before looking to the man who backed out of the room and ran off.

Harleen looked to Braxien, "A-are you ok, Brax?" She asked with a worried, shaky voice as she tried to keep the rest of her tears in. She looked down slightly, "I-I am sorry B-brax! T-this was all my fault!" She said, shaking a little from the experience and she wiped her eyes, she rubbed at her cut mark and she winced loudly. "Ouch!"

She sighed and looked into Brax's eyes, "I-I thought you had been killed!" She said sadly before she hugged him tightly, "D-don't scare me like that again, Brax... please!" She looked into his eyes again and she slowly lent up and kissed his lips gently, "Don't scare me like that again..." She said once more. "I really care about you, Brax..."
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Braxien's pupils dilated as Harley kissed him, it was nice but a shock. "Hey, don;t be so hard on yourself. We're both to blame, wrong place at the wrong time?"

He embraced her gently. He was fine and soon was heading out of the dreaded place, in a comfortable silence. "I'm alright…just needed to let off steam, I'm not usually like this and sorry you had to see that, outburst."

He took off his jacket and placed it around her shoulders as they stepped out into the cool night air. Braxien suggested that they should stay at his workplace as he could keep an eye out and it was the closest the the hospital so they could check her cuts out.

"You know what? You probably scared me even more…I didn't want them to hurt you but I didn't manage to prevent it but I think, in the morning, we should pay a visit to Mallory. Besides, he was the one most likely to be behind all of this." Braxien smiled, trying to sound chirpy.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Harleen sighed and looked down a little, "Yeah, wrong place at the wrong time." She murmured before she felt him embrace her and she blushed a little, she hugged him tightly for a few seconds before slowly letting go as they walked out into the cold night air, she felt him put his jacket on her shoulders and she smiled a little at him, "T-thanks... but you must be cold too." She said before moving closer to him and holding his hand, making sure her warmth would get to him too.

Harleen looked up to him and nodded, "Your workplace might be a good idea..." She said with a small smile. She then looked down slightly, "S-sorry... I-I didn't mean to scare you." She sighed sadly and looked back to him and into his eyes, "I-I have had worse... t-trust me." She felt tears come back to her eyes but she didn't let them fall.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Braxien nodded and allowed her to share the warmth. The cold never really bothered him, the heat of the sun occasionally did. His workplace was around the corner, luckily, it wasn't much of a walk as he had figured out where they were after being kidnapped.

He slid the card against the scanner and the doors slid silently open, they entered the lift. Braxien grinned slightly. "Don't think this is you're fault, it wasn't. Hey, don't fight back the tears. Let them fall, it'll make you feel much better."

The elevator doors reopened and he unlocked the doors to his office, a few faces greeted him. "Where have you've been? Who is this? What were you doing?"

Braxien answered the question with the simple: "We've been kidnapped and she is with me."

He set up a sleeping area for Harley and allowed for her to keep the jacket on as he only had one blanket. He positioned himself so that he was in view of Harley as he worked.
"You don't mind if I catch up with a bit of work? You can watch if you want but it is quite late and you have gone through an ordeal…"

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Harleen smiled softly at Braxien as they arrived at his workplace, she watched as the doors opened and they entered a lift, "I-I don't like crying... I do it too much for it to be classed as 'normal'." She sighed sadly and as they opened up the doors to his office. She saw all the people and she clung to Braxien a little as she was too scared from the previous ordeal to see so many faces. She went to her sleeping area and watched Braxien, "S-sure, go ahead. But Brax... I-" She paused as she slowly got up and walked to him, she gently kissed his cheek, "Thank you so much for helping me... I-I don't know what would've happened if you weren't there..." She looked in his eyes and she let her tears fall now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

They Strike Again! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They Strike Again!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next