Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

They Strike Again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Braxien watched silently as he went over to comfort his weeping friend. A few glances were rebounded when he looked at them, who went back to their normal lives. He turned to face his computer, a email had popped up.

It read: EMERGENCY! Mallory found dead in his office. All detectives please report immediately. That means you, Lythis.

A few shuffles occurred and he squatted back down to Harley. "Wanna come with? I know it's late but I can't bear for you to be by yourself…I just can't--"

Braxien began to gather his coat and his bag of detective stuff, which contained gloves and four rolls of crime scene tape, he was classified as the 'donkey' of the staff but the most useful. But Mallory…it couldn't be a confidence…could it?

If you could hear yourself now, you'd think you're a lunatic!

He shut down his computer and stared blankly at it for a moment before shaking it off and waiting for Harley.

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Harleen looked to the computer as she heard an email pop up, "M-mallory is dead?!" She blinked in surprise before she stood up slowly and looked to Braxien, "I-I don't want to be on my own... not with the glances your workmates are giving me..." She murmured sadly before she went to him and hugged him gently, "I-I wanna come with you Brax... I-I just hope what happened earlier doesn't happen again." She looked down slightly and she sniffled as she was recovering from her earlier sobbing.
Back to top Go down
http://kurokonobasketrp.forum-board.net/
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

"My workmates are just surprised, that's all. I promise. I never usually turn up to work with a woman by my side and I, too, hope that we do not get a repeat of what just happened." Braxien said, trying to comfort her as his words were failing him.

They followed the others back to Torchwood industries and he asked one of his most trusted friend on the team whether Harley could stand with him as he went to check how badly Mallory was killed.

"Harley, you alright with a little bit of blood? I want you to be in my sights, right now my job is my priority but I still have to look after you." Braxien said as he reappeared from around the door frame.

Many people were swarming around the body, making it harder to get past and put up indicator marks. But he managed, somehow.

"A single gunshot wound to the back of the head, very professional, he was paralyzed by the fear." Braxien muttered to himself. He moved around, snapping photos of the crime scene at hand. Occasionally, he would check up on Harley to see she was alright.

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:51 am

Harleen kept close to Brax as they went to Torchwood. She felt a little nervous standing with one of Brax's friends on the team and she kept silent until she heard Brax's voice, "Y-yeah I am fine with a little bit..." She murmured before walking into the room and getting past all the people who swarmed around the body.

She kept close to Brax and would occasionally scan the area with her eyes and she looked to the body, "Someone must've targeted him for either a personal ordeal or a business arrangement..." She scratched her chin curiously, "The shooter must be a professional..." Harleen paced around the room before going out of the room, she saw a shadow pass her and she quickly turned but no one was there, she shook her head as she thought she was imagining things. She continued to walk as she heard groans of pain coming from a room at the end of the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:53 am

"Its hard to tell at this point and I've just given forensics the blood samples, along with everything else."

Braxien sighed, stood up and leant against a wall. He watched as Harley walked out the room, he followed her and groans happened. Braxien was caught in a dilemma, he could easily go back and alert the others or see what the noise was.

"Hey, Harley. Stay with me, I don't wanna lose you, you can wander down that corridor if you want some space. But please…alert me when you have heard or seen something. Okay?"

Braxien rounded the corner and gasped. It was the man from earlier, he was shot in the hip. Blood had pooled around the man.

"HEY FELLAS!" Braxien called down the corridor, attracting the attention of his workmates, who all rushed over and crouched around the dying man.

They quickly stopped the bleeding and got him to the nearest hospital as the scene was being wrapped up. He grabbed his jacket and motioned for Harley that they could get going back to the office.

"Now, it's late and you must be starving, theres a restaurant a few blocks from here. Want something?"

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:09 am

Harleen didn't hear Brax's words as she turned around the corner and then she was shocked to see the guy who hurt her earlier was there with a gunshot wound in his hip, her eyes were wide and she watched as the man was treated and taken away to the hospital in an ambulance. Harleen turned to look at Brax and she walked up to him, "Y-yes please..." She said as her tummy grumbled. She looked down slightly, "I am sorry that I just walked off like that."

She sighed before hugging Brax tightly, "I-I won't do it again... I-I promise." She said as she held him tightly in the hug and she sighed deeply, she kissed his cheek lightly, "L-let's go to the restaurant..." She said as she let go of him slowly and she headed out of the building.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:52 am

On hearing her response, he took her by the hand and walked along the busy streets to the restaurant, the wait was short and soon he was ordering his food. It was one of those restaurants with a lovely view of the traffic.

"So, what do you fancy?"

Braxien scanned the menu, the crime scene flashing before his eyes. He yawned, covering it by the menu. It was a lot to choose from, all sounding very delicious, his mouth was watering from the thought of it.

"Look, I know it was hard for you to see that but I just want to ask, what did that man say that your father was? I apologize for it bringing up bad memories but I just needed to know…curious, that's all."

Braxien smiled gently and reached over to touch her hand. "If you want, you can return home and I could check up on you if you wanted some down time?"

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:00 am

Harleen smiled gently at Brax as he took her by the hand to the restaurant and she sat down at the table as Brax was ready to order some food, "Is it ok if I have a small cheesecake?" She asked curiously. "A-and some red wine?" She smiled a little as she scanned over the menu one more time and she was ready too.

As Brax asked her the question her happy smile faded slowly and she sighed sadly before saying: "A traitor... the man called my father a traitor." She murmured before looking to the table as Brax's hand moved and touched her hand. She blushed a little before looking into his eyes, "I-I want to stay with you, Brax,.. if they know me, they will know where I live..."
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:10 am

"Right, sure." Braxien said, sympathetically as he took another mouthful of steak. "A traitor? Well, I highly doubt that. You do go to work right? They won't miss you?"

Braxien looked around the room, the place had a small fire at the end of the room, warming up the interior of the building. The flames reflected off the walls, casting a orange glow around the dining area. He had finished the steak and went on to eating a caesar salad.

"Back to work afterwards and I think I'll be working through the night, as I usually do." Braxien said.

The waitress came to collect the empty plates and Braxien complimented and asked for it to be passed on to the chef. His stomach was full and no room for desert but Harley might want some, so he decided to ask. He pulled over a menu and handed it to Harley.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:17 am

Harleen shook her head as she ate her cheesecake, "I-I don't work anywhere... not at the moment. Being a model for an underwear company does take long breaks in between shoots and I don't have another shoot till two months from now." She explained with a small smile. "You are stuck with me." She smirked slightly at Brax before taking a sip of her red wine and she grinned a little at the taste.

Harleen looked to Brax and sighed, "I hope I don't stop you from working... I-I don't want you to get your pay taken or deducted or whatever happens in your job." She murmured before finishing her cheesecake and she watched as the waitress took her plate away; Harleen saw Brax hand her the menu and she shook her head and smiled at Brax, "No thanks... that cheesecake filled me right up." She said with a small grin, she ordered for another glass of wine and as it was put on her table she began to sip at her second glass.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:08 pm

Braxien stretched as he waited for Harley to finish her second glass of red wine. He processed the information...wait! Two whole months? I have to get outta here, I've been stationary on this planet for way too long but on the other hand…I am rather enjoying this.

"You won't stop me from working, I'm a stubborn as a mule when it comes to work, I don't stop!" Braxien smiled.

He glanced at the menu once again and had second thoughts, he called over the waitress and asked for a chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. He chuckled softly to himself, many of the people would look at you and think you are one greedy pig but you need to keep up the energy for a long hour of work.

Once he had finished, he asked for the bill. It didn't cost an awful amount, he left a generous tip and got up to leave the restaurant. The wind rushed at his face as he opened the door. Lights of the city twinkled like owl's eyes, cars and hover bikes past at leisure and the parks were silent, only the pitter-patter of footsteps in multitudes.

((Slight timeskip))

Back at the office, he sat himself down, turned the monitor on and clicked on the various new emails he had received. Most of them about the samples of the items he sent off and some just spam.

"So, that was enjoyable. You should get some rest, I'll be fine. Remember? Stubborn mule." Braxien grinned, tapping his head.

12 am. Work continued till very late and his eyes grew weary, his hands slowed at typing and his head finally rolled back to meet the chair's back. He fell asleep.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Harleen giggled, "Stubborn as a mule huh?" She smirked at him before she finished her second glass of wine. She watched Brax eat his scoop of vanilla ice cream and then when he paid for the bill she stood up from the table and smiled at Brax happily, she gently took a hold of his hand as they walked outside and to his workplace.

When at the office, Harleen smiled and nodded, "Yeah it was great!" She said with a grin before she kissed his cheek gently, "Good night, Brax." She said softly before going to the sleeping area that Brax had supplied her the first time she had come to the office and she laid down and slowly fell asleep.

When it was 12am, Harleen woke up suddenly from a nightmare and she kept quiet so she didn't wake up anyone, she looked around before noticing Brax sleeping on the chair, she smiled a little before getting up from the sleeping area, she gently and carefully picked up Brax in her arms, he was a little heavy but she was used to it and she gently put him down on the sleeping area and she made sure not to wake him up as she put a blanket over him and kissed his forehead gently as she sat next to him, staying up for the whole night.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:25 pm

7 am. Braxien jolted up from his, what supposedly was his chair, but he was in Harley's sleeping area.

"Oh my gosh, Harley, did I push you out or--I didn't mean to!" Braxien said suddenly, slightly slurred.

She had stayed up all night, Braxien was surprised. He had dozed off, he quickly made his way over to his computer to make sure he had completed everything before sleeping.

"Want breakfast?"

Braxien pulled out two ceramic bowls, two spoons and a large box of cheerios. It was how he spent his mornings, not with a woman but when he had slept over at work. His workmates already started to drift in and take their seats, not noticing anything else.

"Harley, you didn't have to stay up all night. You should have stayed there and left me in my seat. I must have drooled somewhere…" Braxien grinned, picking up his jacket and slinging it over the chair, whilst putting the bedding away. He checked that he hadn't drooled on anything and was pleased to find out that he had not.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Harleen looked to him, "Hey sleepyhead." She smirked at him slightly before shaking her head, "I couldn't sleep, and you sleeping in a chair isn't a good idea... you ache the next morning... trust me." She smiled softly at him and she stood up slowly.

"Yes please." She said happily, grinning at Brax as he pulled out a bowl and a spoon for her and a box of cereal. She smiled at him softly as she poured some cereal into her bowl and she slowly began to eat her breakfast. She looked to Brax and watched him as he put the bedding away, she giggled and shook her head, "No... I didn't see you drool." She said before continuing to eat her breakfast. "But... I found out that you have a cute sleeping face."
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Both of Braxien's eyebrows raised. She said a 'cute' sleeping face, what is that supposed to mean?Cute when your face is pressed against the pillow or floor?

He crunched down on a mouthful of cheerios and chewed, processing the statement Harley just said. He swallowed and another email popped onto his screen. It was his boss saying that they were interrogating the man who had recently been stabbed and he had admitted the name of the person who had stabbed him.

"It was…it was…Stuart. He did it, said I did som'thing." The man stuttered.

Braxien stood there, no emotion in his eyes. Only a flicker of the mouth as he wanted to say something but decided against it. The interrogation lasted for a while and soon, Braxien headed back up and started spinning around in his chair, out of sheer boredom.

"So what do you want to do, Harley?" He said as he continued spinning around. "Park? A leisurely stroll to the library? I don't really know, I am not needed from now as the case is handed into higher authority.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Harleen smiled as she finished her cereal an she looked to Brax as he looked to his computer screen. She went to wash up her bowl and Brax's while he went down to the interrogation room. When he came back she looked to him and smiled happily, "Let's go to the park!" She said with a grin as she grabbed his hand gently and pulled him off his spinning chair and she went out the building and towards the local park, it was a sunny and bright day today and she thought today would be a great day.

As soon as they reached the local park, Harleen went off towards the big oak tree and sat in the shade as the heat from the sun was getting to her, she patted the grass next to her and she smiled, "Sit down, Brax." She looked to him and she grinned slightly. She felt a small breeze come along and it cooled her down and she was thankful for it - even if it was a really cold breeze that lasted for a while - but it eventually stopped and the heat came back quickly.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Braxien had a final spin of the chair as he was energetically tugged out of the building and heading a great speed towards the park. Sun hit his face, it felt delightful after the night's howling wind and constant rain. He lay down just outside the shadow of the oak tree, closed his eyes and faced the sun on his back. The heat hitting his face, the cooling breeze, it was a perfect day. His troubles nearly wiped from his memory.

He heard his name being called. He overturned and slowly opened his eyes and smiled. It was Harley calling his name over into the shade. Braxien stiffly got up and moved into the shade. Once again, he closed his eyes. The breeze, too, was delightful. It wasn't enough to make one shiver but enough to regulate his temperature.

"Nice day, isn't it? Reminds me of the park me and my…you know what? Don't worry." Braxien shrugged off his current chain of thought and grinned, his eyes still closed. "It's lovely."

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Harleen smiled at Brax happily as he sat next to her in the shade. She looked to him and nodded, "Yeah it is a nice day..." She murmured with a sad, quiet voice, she wanted to know what he was on about when the park reminded him of himself and some other person. As a thought came to her head she looked away from Braxien and she sighed sadly.

Why do I even bother...? He won't like me back anyways... She said to herself inside her head as she hugged herself and looked down sadly, not wanting to say a word. Braxien will never like me... I know he wont... She closed her eyes and sadly lent back against the tree and kept her eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:28 pm

"I mean…I really love having company…and spending time with you…but it seems I am the root cause of the disappearance of my closest friends…I was the only one left when the Law had invaded Earth, I abandoned them and I just don't want to hurt anyone else. That's probably what you were thinking, weren't you? Whether I liked you or not…" Braxien murmured.

He shifted himself back into the sun, warming himself up again, he opened one eye to see Harley leaning against the big oak and as he turned back he saw an ice cream truck in the distance, so he went over and paid for two ice creams and walked quickly back over to Harley before the ice cream had time to melt.

"Here, I thought you might like this?" Braxien said, handing her an ice cream. He hoped that this was what she liked. Maybe he shouldn't try to push it, things had already gotten complex and with Mallory's death, he will be working over time after the interrogation.

Buzz, buzz

It was his phone saying: Interrogation finished, need you for saliva sample.

"I have to go back to work but stay here, if you want and finish your ice-cream."

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Harleen heard his words, she opened her eyes a little to look to him and she nodded a little, "Y-yeah I guess that is what I have been thinking this whole time..." She sighed and she kept quiet as she watched Braxien go towards the ice cream truck and bought her some ice cream. She nodded a little and took her ice cream, she licked it a little before sighing and looking to Brax, "OK... j-just go to work, Brax. I-I will stay here..." She looked away slightly from him and she continued to lick her ice cream, "I will try to keep myself safe... I-I promise." She looked up to him but avoided eye contact. "Go Brax... I-I will be fine..." She looked down and finished her ice cream and she started to eat the edible cone.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Braxien nodded, heading back to his office and back to his chair. He began slowly spinning on it and watching the room blur into one image.

He jumped back up, remembering to grab the saliva toolkit and putting on fresh gloves. The doors pinged open and he stepped out the elevator.

"Where is he?"

"Just in there, sir."

He thanked his colleague, approached the man and uttered one word: "Open." And the man did so, quite willingly. Once the procedure was complete he packed up and headed to turn out but stopped and faced the man in the chair.

"Who was that man you mentioned earlier?"

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Harleen finished her ice cream and decided to take a stroll around the park's trees. She sighed and went around nearly every tree before feeling something rush past her and it sent a shiver down her spine, she spun round, "W-who's there?!" She called out before backing up until she hit her back against a tall figure with some muscle, she felt the man's arms wrap around her and her eyes widened.

"G-get off me!" She shouted before feeling something get injected into her neck, she felt dizzy and she slowly closed her eyes and passed out. The man smirked, "Ah, I love doing my job." He said before getting out a small note and he nailed it to the tree Harleen was originally under. He then quietly picked up Harleen's unconscious body and slowly looked around before taking her out of the park towards what looked like an abandoned, rusty warehouse. The man put Harleen against a massive pole and tied her there with tight handcuffs and chains.

The note said: 'Hello, Mr. Lythis. I understand you and this Harleen girl seem to have a thing. Well, I have taken your girl and I am going to torture her till she eventually gives up on you and her life. Hope you have fun having those images on your soul.'
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Braxien checked his watch, it had been too long, she was supposed to be back by now. As more and more concern built up in his head, he had already begun rushing out of the building, avoiding the oncoming traffic and rushing up to the spot by the oak tree.

"Oh for goodness sakes!" He sighed as he read the note, he had a suspicion that this would have happened. He had let her down. Again.

By now, he had put on a knife and bullet proof vest and was on a search team to find Harley. They had driven around for two hours, results came in: nothing after nothing after nothing until they pulled up at an abandoned dockyard warehouse. A ocean breeze greeted them, men in flak jackets swarmed the outside as he and a team infiltrated the inside.

"Police!" They all yelled. "Stand down! Weapons down!"

Braxien scanned the area, seeing Harley chained to a rusty pole. Someone handed him wire cutters and he managed to get Harley loose, they were slowly beginning the procedure of getting the man arrested as Braxien felt a pack of energy hit his arm, he had been shot. It didn't slow down the pace as he handed Harley over to the rest of his crew as they tended to his wound.

Back to top Go down
Quinn
Student
Student
Quinn

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Harleen had still not woken up from her injection and all she could do was hear faint muffles around her.

W-what is going on? Why am I here?! She asked herself inside her mind as she stayed unconscious.
What am I doing here? W-why can't I wake up? Oh someone help me please!

In reality Harleen was moving about and groaning and muttering words, "Brax... I..." She never finished the sentence as she kept stirring around, her temperature was hot and she was clearly in stress. It took her a while until she finished her last words of her sentence: "Like... you... I'm sorry... I-I..."
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:06 pm

"Don't worry to speak now, you are still woozy from the dose of sedatives he gave you. Nasty creature he was, not really human. Just a killing machine…talking about killing machines…I wonder…the Law." Braxien said.

He sat besides her in the interrogation room, she had a temperature of 40 degrees celsius. He had laid out a few pillows and a mattress for her to lie against.

He kissed her forehead, ignoring the sweat build up on it. "He's been arrested now, everything is going to be alright…"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They Strike Again!   They Strike Again! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They Strike Again!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next